Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www rubmaps ch

Ought to like God Have you searched on the web? Christina Capecchi reports on how the Internet is changing the way we discover love. sarasota online dating All recipes tempts house cooks making use of IAmLookingForSex. With a swipe, you can anonymously like on potential matches and send direct messages. omegle random chat mexico It will make a massive difference in your good results rates.

megapersonla

Exactly where online dating differs from solutions that go farther back are the layers of anonymity involved. single guys in boston I did a thing unique at starting of the year. You cannot commit time collectively anytime you love to. russian girl latex For years, she was terrified of meeting strangers on the net.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

2/11/2008 7:11:54 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

akashaman
Brunswick, OH

I was walking home from a friends house one night, it is about a two and a half mile walk. The route I took went through the park system, up a giant hill and then down a rather main road. It was late at night so there was not much in the way of traffic, but I was absolutely exhausted. By the time I was half way home I could hardly keep my eyes open much less continue to move my legs to propell me further. I started stumbling, just narrowly escaping a complete collapse. All the sudden I felt as if I was being held up by something. And when I say held up I mean held in an upright position as if there was someone keeping me on my feet by putting my arm over their shoulder. Then I felt it on the other side. It was strange, I was rather close to asleep and not really aware of where I was, but I never faltered from that point on. I remember looking to see what was holding me up, and what I saw warmed my heart. On one side of me was my grandmother and on the other was my grandfather, they were both smiling at me as if to reassure me that all would be well. This was last year and my grandparents had both died by the time I was five years old. Since then they visit me often, usually in times of need or support. I have become aware of their presence pretty much all the time, and every so often I catch a glimpse of them.
It is comforting to know that I have them with me at all times

Liam

2/11/2008 7:32:56 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

Oh Liam.....your story has brought tears to my eyes.....Don't worry....they're HAPPY tears.... It's because, of course, I am a grandmother and I hope my spirit will uplift both my children and their children, forever. You know, I REALLY think it will. It has already happened and I'm still with them.

Thanks for making my day.

KK

2/11/2008 7:47:15 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

akashaman
Brunswick, OH

Thank you again for the kind words KK. I value our friendship greatly

fondly,
Liam

2/11/2008 9:22:19 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

nwiowa
Cherokee, IA

Yes I really enjoyed your story, and it was told quite well too.
I'd love to read more, if your care to share.
Thanks again!

[Edited 2/11/2008 9:22:41 AM]

2/11/2008 9:33:54 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

anitablake
North Las Vegas, NV

well, it was a tuching story! and you're a very good story teller. love to hear more, you know my grandma says that ever since my grandpa died, she feels his presence, like if he's watching over her, funny thing is my other grandfather from my dad's side recently died, like two years ago, any my other grandma says she feels the same way too, like if he never left, like if he's still ther going on with his business but, still watching over her at the same time!

2/11/2008 9:56:09 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

akashaman
Brunswick, OH

My Uncle and I were in southeast Arizona hiking through the Chiricahua Mountains. It is the mountain range that Geronimo used to hide from the U.S. Military for about twenty years. It is the kind of park that you have to sign in and out of because it is so vast and so remote that there is a need to keep track of visitors. When we finally came to the parking area I pulled the park map out that we had been given in order to attempt to plot a course. With the intention of seeing as many of the sights that interested us as possible. The park was immaculate, not even a cigarette but on the ground. As a matter of fact in the entire eight hours we were there we only ran across two other people. Who were, of course, hiking together. The energy I was feeling from the park was incredible, it was as if Geronimo and his tribe had never left. It was a beautiful day at 70 degrees, snow on the ground, and a mix of cactus and deciduous trees side by side. After a few hours of hiking we sat down for a short rest and looked at the map. We realized that we had somehow deviated from our course, and were actually on a path that was not shown on the map. My uncle looked at me and said jokingly "Don't worry, if we really get lost an indian will come and show us the way out." As soon as he said this both of our eyes got very big as we realized what he had said, and how much we had been feeling like we were being watched. We walked a little further up the path that we were on at which point we came to a junction in the path. I felt a little tug on my right shoulder, as if someone were telling me that was the way to go. With the hair on the back of my neck standing straight up, I suggested that we take the path to the right. Giving me a strange look my uncle turned down the path I had motioned to. As we continued we found ourselves in a part of the park where there were hundreds of natuarally formed rock spires. As we entered the 'field' of stone it was as if we were walking into a different time. Many times as we threaded our way through the maze, out of the corner of our eye we would see little bivouac fires and hear the sound of voices. Each time when we turned to look there was nothing but a stone spire that had been blackened at the bottom by fire. It was difficult not to linger in these areas as there was such a feeling of peace and life, we actually spent about 4 solid hours in this one little stretch of the park. The whole time catching glimpses of long ago people going about their daily business. But the strangest part is that from the moment I felt compelled to turn to down the path on the right, I felt as if we were accompanied by a guide. It was as though he wanted us to experience what we did, and see what we saw. We never had to look at the map again, for at every new path we came across we just knew which way we had to go. After essentially wandering around a park that immense for eight hours, we suddenly found ourselves back at the parking lot from the opposite side that we had begun. What an experience!!

2/11/2008 3:37:14 PM Some ghost stories of my own  

wolffdream
Billerica, MA

akashaman
I myself have had many many spiritual 'events' in my life. I do believe you have to be very open to this sort of phenomena, have that 'connection ability'. Those who do not, will never understand the true impact of it. Enjoy your loved ones from the other side, they will be with you always and forever.
Your blessed.

2/11/2008 4:15:28 PM Some ghost stories of my own  

nwiowa
Cherokee, IA

Another great story! I didn't want it to stop. It reminded me of my brother-in-law Don. who is a very spiritually gifted individual. I'll have to write some stories decribing some evnts in his life, so you can see the similarities between his stories and your's.
Thanks for sharing! And don't stop there!

[Edited 2/11/2008 4:16:03 PM]

2/11/2008 4:56:27 PM Some ghost stories of my own  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

Another great story Liam.....wow what a talented crew we've got here.....I'm mesmerized!

Thanks so much for sharing....again.

Judy

2/12/2008 10:18:36 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

akashaman
Brunswick, OH

I have a tendency to hike through the woods every chance I get, so I tend to become rather familiar with the parks I frequent. It was a warm sunny afternoon in late spring and I decided to go to a park near by that has old tree growth. The path I took is approximately three miles long, and took me through all manner of tree groves. As I walked I soaked in my surroundings, drawing from the magnificient energies the various trees produce. About two thirds of the way down the path I came to one of my favorite areas. It is dense with pine trees, and it is always so peaceful in this area. As I came up to the beginning of the dense pine growth I noticed that a tree had partially fallen, and as a result was hanging about three feet above my head. As I passed under it I felt as though I had crossed through a doorway, it was strange in an exhilerating way. All of the sudden sound seemed to cease, there was not even the typical call of the various birds that inhabit the dense foliage. I walked along on a carpet of pine needles, refreshing myself with its wondrous scent. As I walked deep in thought I caught a glimpse of an elderly gentleman sitting on a log in the center of a small clearing. He seemed to be deep in thought, so I made my way along the fringe of the clearing so as to not disturb him. At one point he looked up and noticed me, I was immediately drawn to him. I approached him looking for any indication that I was intruding. "Hello" he said to me. "How are you doing?" I asked being polite. "Not bad, not bad." he replied, " I was just sitting here feeling lonely, I am glad you came along. Please, sit" He said motioning to the log just to the right of where he was perched. I sat down on the log where he had indicated and introduced myself. "I am Liam, it is nice to meet you." He looked me over, as if he was attempting to discover if I was real or a figment of his imagination. "I have sat here for hours", he began, "You are the first one who has passed by that has acknowledged me at all. People are so wrapped up in themselves these days that their vision has become limited." he said with a melancholic sigh. "What brings you into the woods today?" he asked of me. "Well, I find the woods to be soothing, it helps me to reinforce my connection with the earth." I stated. "And what brings you here?" I inquired. "My story is a long one," he said quietly, "For many years now I have come here to protect this." he said waving his hand around his head, gesturing to the trees surrounding us. "With each passing year I find fewer and fewer who are interested in the trees and the lessons they have to impart. So, I sit here, in hopes of finding people who still believe in the sanctity of the earth. People who still realize that without spaces like this life will cease to exist."
I sat in rapt attention to his words, studying his ancient face, marked with the lines of despair. His old weathered body showing the proof of years of facing the elements. There was a gentle light in his eyes that I had not noticed when I first sat down. It seemed to be the beginnings of a hope that had long vanished from his thought.
"But you," he continued, "you understand this, that is why you came. The earth is sacred to you, and that is why I had to talk to you. To thank you for caring the way people used to care, about nature, about life, about the mysteries that are revealed in the quietude of thought. But I must now depart, I have sat here too long as it is. Before I go I want you to promise me something. I want you to promise that you will never forget me, that you will never forget that life and the earth are sacred." He gazed at me intently awaiting my answer. "I swear that I will never forget." I said, "I walk this path often, maybe I will see you again, and we can talk further." I had enjoyed listening to him and was glad that he seemed more at peace than when I had first come across him. He smiled at my last comment, as if he knew something that I did not. "We shall see." was all he said. Then he got up from his seat with great effort, as if his bones did not want to hold his weight. Nodding to me he walked straight into the only tree in the small clearing and vanished. I sat a long time reflecting on the conversation we had. Wondering, not if the conversation took place, but who exactly I had been talking to. As I was pondering the experience a small group of people came into the clearing and passed through, never once noticing me sitting there.

2/12/2008 10:40:41 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

wolffdream
Billerica, MA

You have a wonderful ability in your writting to suck us right into the story.
Thats what all writters dream of.

Ever published anything?
If not, you should seriously consider it.
You have a great talent my friend.

I'm not sucking up, I'm dead serious..

2/12/2008 10:54:23 AM Some ghost stories of my own  

akashaman
Brunswick, OH

Thank you, I have had very little published, but I am working diligiently to have more published. As a matter of fact it is my dream to be able to publish my works.

2/12/2008 12:41:08 PM Some ghost stories of my own  

nwiowa
Cherokee, IA

I echo Wolffdream's comments. I was wondering how anyone could ever write something so flowing just off the top of their head? Then I realized this guy is recalling something just as it had happened to him. Not like you were trying to rack your brain to describe an event, but that you were describing it just as you can still see it in your mind's eye.
If you do ever publish anything, please let me know, as I definitely want to purchase it.

2/12/2008 1:08:09 PM Some ghost stories of my own  

wolffdream
Billerica, MA

Yeah, you have some fans here..........

We want to be first at the book signing.......
Good luck..

2/12/2008 7:11:16 PM Some ghost stories of my own  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

What can I say Liam...you've left me speechless......again. I love to read your writing.
Your descriptions are so vivid that I felt like I was there, sitting beside you.

Sincerely,

KK

Page: 1, 2