Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonal eu

The been varrified app is totally accessable. asian dating in missouri And much more than that, contemplate what abilities or qualities you essentially present. Do I have to have to disclose my identity to use the forums? No, you can use the forums anonymously, and you do not have to post a photo. hooking up in spain You could possibly be thinking that becoming seniors may well be much less prone to on line catfishing or came.

usasexguide alternative

Make your own dating questions game by exploring 77 funny to individual inquiries to ask your potential date. denver colorado classifieds It is extremely vague amd doesn t pressure them into giving an instant answer, however it shows that your intention is to meet up, not to have a new pen pal. Instead of you waiting them to maintain the chat going why do not you hold it going. what do the symbols on pof mean To assistance those affected by Australia s devastating bushfire crisis, you can donate to the Australian Red Cross disaster relief and recovery fund.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

2/13/2008 6:29:23 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

"If you look deeply, you will find the origins of yahweh the Abrahamic god, who is described in Egyptian mythology as the god of war, a very apt description considering the results we see from worshipping this myth. When you have a real lpok you will find this Abrahamic mythology derives from both Egypt, Mesopotamian and Indian mythology."

Yep. I knew that. I think you will also enjoy the excerpts I plan on posting. Be on the lookout for them. It may be a day or two, but they will come. Still recuperating from surgery.

2/17/2008 5:06:24 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

I will not post these in any order.

From 101 Myths.

Myth #11

God created man and woman in his own image.

The Myth So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female he created them. (Gen 1:27)

The Reality The idea that God created humanity in his own image comes from Egyptian beliefs between humanity and creator.

The Bible says that God created man and woman in his own image but it doesn't explain what it means to be created in God's image. Do they share the same physical form, or physical characteristics such as immortality or just some sort of spiritual similarity? None of these options seem to be the case.

We know from the story of Adam and Eve that knowledge of good and evil (the fundamental basis for spiritual similarity) and immortality (a physical characteristic) were attributes of God and his angels but they were not attributes given to humanity when it was first created. Also, God assumed many shapes in the Bible, including that of a burning bush and a cloud of smoke, to describe just two. So, God and humans did not share a similar physical form.

Another question raised by the biblical passage concerns the sex of the image. Was the image of God male or female or both?

(My feeling - Sekh speaking here - is that, based on the tetragrammaton, God is an hermaphrodite being. Its 4 letters are male/female/male/female respectively.)

Although the English translation initially says God created "man" in his own image, it then goes on to say, "male and female created he them." The problem is that the English translation does not accurately reflect the underlying Hebrew text. The Hebrew does not say God created "man"; it says he created ha-adam, which means "the adam," and he created "the adam" male and female. Since the Hebrew for "man" is "ish", what we may ask is an adam?

Underlying the English translation is the idea that adam means "man", but this is actually a speculation by biblical scholars who assumed this meaning. It derives primarily from a pun based on the belief that Adam was made from clay.

In Hebrew and other Semitic languages, the word for clay is adamah, and since Genesis says that God made the being later named Adam out of clay, the biblical scholars have assumed that the word for clay became a metaphor for man. In fact, there are a couple non-biblical references to indicate that such might be the case but this is limited toa handful of personal names found in the texts in the library of ancient Ugarit and dating to about the fourteenth century B.C. We have no general evidence of any widespread use in Semitic tongues for the use of adam to mean "man".

To be continued in the next post.

2/17/2008 5:25:10 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

Part 2.

The problem here is that the Hebrew scribes adopted this idea that man was formed in the image of God from Egyptian traditions. That belief remained with the Israelites throughout their history but, because they didn't believe in any form of physical representation of deity , by the time Genesis assumed its final written form, the concept of an "image of god" no longer had specific meaning.

(Sekh here - Remember there is more than one version of Genesis, as evidenced by the Dead Sea Scrolls. There is a variation that is absolutely beautiful in which it talks of God being both light and dark, good and evil, but God made the distinction for *our* benefit.)

To trace the concept back to its roots, look at the Egyptians view. The Egyptians believed both that humanity was created in the image of the Creator and that the Creator had both male and female characteristics. A passage from the ancient text known as The Instruction Book for Merikare, illustrates the first principle.

Well tended is mankind - god's cattle.
He made sky and earth for their sake
He subdued the water monster,
He made breath for their noses to live.
These are his images, who came from his body.

Note the parallel here to the biblical passage, where it talks not only about humanity being in the image of god, but incorporates both male and female within the image.

The text apparently had wide circulation in Egypt. It dates originally to the twenty-first century BC and the present form of the text cited here comes from a papyrus written during the New Kingdom period, several centuries later. Hebrew scribes in Egypt almost certainly would have been familiar with the ideas expressed.

While Egyptians had several ideas about how humans were created, this particular version indicates men and women were parts of the body of the Creator and it is in this sense that humanity had the image of a god. Several texts also show that the Creator incorporated both male and female characteristics, explaining how both male and female forms could have come from the same source.

In the Hermopolitan scheme, for instance, the Creator comprised of four males and four females as single entity. In the Heliopolitan and Memphite traditions, Atum, without benefit of a mate, actually gave birth to two deities, Shu by sneezing him out and Tefnut by spitting her out. He did so, according to one text, after first having "acted as husband with my fist". Atum has also been called the "Great He-She." Ptah, the Memphite Creator, also exhibits male and female characteristics. As one text puts it:

Ptah-upon-the-Great-Throne
Ptah-Nun, the father who made Atum;
Ptah-Naunet, the mother who gave birth to Atum...

So, we find that Egyptian texts depict the Creator as having male and female aspects and that humanity was formed in the Creator's image. This translates into Genesis as, "So God created man [i.e., humans] in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Finally, we come to the question of the identity of ha-adam, the being created male and female. Since the names Atum and Adam are pronounced in an almost identical manner, the "d" and "t" being interchangeable on a phonetic level, it makes sense that "the Adam" would be a collective term for the multitude of beings that came forth from the Atum, the Heliopolitan Creator.

I will post more myths in the next few days. Hope you enjoy this one.

2/19/2008 7:14:51 AM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

akashaman
Brunswick, OH

I have got to get ahold of that book, thank you for the posts and I look forward to all that follows.

2/19/2008 5:58:32 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

Shaman, have you ever seen the Our Father prayer as it is *literally* translated from the Aramaic? If you haven't, I will find it and post it.

2/19/2008 6:33:18 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

Lord's Prayer from Aramaic:

Abwûn -- O cosmic Birther, from whom the breath of life comes,

d'bwaschmâja -- who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.

Nethkâdasch schmach -- May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.

Têtê malkuthach. -- Your Heavenly Domain approaches.

Nehwê tzevjânach aikâna d'bwaschmâja af b'arha. -- Let Your will come true in the universe (all that vibrates) just as on earth (that is material and dense).

Hawvlân lachma d'sûnkanân jaomâna. -- Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need,

Waschboklân chaubên wachtahên aikâna daf chnân schwoken l'chaijabên. -- detach the fetters of faults that bind us, (karma) like we let go the guilt of others.

Wela tachlân l'nesjuna -- Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations),

ela patzân min bischa. -- but let us be freed from that what keeps us off from our true purpose.

Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l'ahlâm almîn. -- From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act, the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.

Amên. -- Sealed in trust, faith and truth. (I confirm with my entire being)

2/20/2008 7:58:14 AM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

akashaman
Brunswick, OH

Thank you so much. I needed to read that at this very moment, as a matter of fact I am going to read it again.

2/20/2008 5:40:22 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

sekhme..........What a pleasure to read your writings.....I hope you are convalescing well from your surgery. I am fascinated with the information you have already imparted and I eagerly look forward to whatever else you have to say.

Thanks so much for offering this knowledge to those of us eager to learn. I don't usually speak for others, but, I'm willing to bet that Liam feels the same as I do.

Sincerely,

Knittin Kitten
(Judy)

P.S. Now, on the other hand....who knows how much of this I will retain....but, I WILL remember that there is more than ONE answer to many of our questions.....and, that is a good thing to know...at ANY age.

2/20/2008 6:14:29 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

queenofhearts61
Seymour, IN

Sek I am impressed by your knowlege as I am with Shaman's. I could and will learn a lot from you two on here in the future. Thank you for being willing to share because I know how it feels to be rejected and chastised for not being run of the mill.

2/22/2008 10:56:54 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

I appreciate both of your comments, Kitten and Hearts. Really - I just read a lot. And retain well. Nothing more than that. Well - that and the desire to know everything there is to know.

I remember my 30th birthday was just terrible. Why? Because I didn't know everything yet. It is a silly goal - but if I could know everything, from basket weaving to space shuttle repair, I still wouldn't be satisfied.

One of the things that used to get me into trouble...and still does...is I always ask questions. How and why, being my two favorite.

I once pissed off a psychologist by asking her why. She wanted to know my employment history. Heavens why? I mean, I don't mind sharing - but it seemed like an incredibly un-useful bit of information. Completely unnecessary to the appointment. So I asked why? Okay, but why? But that is not a good reason, either. Why?

Yeah. She didn't like me at all.

2/23/2008 4:10:35 AM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

queenofhearts61
Seymour, IN

I feel the same way about learning. When I hear people say they would not want to live 2 or 3 hundred years, cause they would get bored, I always think that would not be enough time to learn all I want to learn.

2/23/2008 8:57:39 AM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

29tootsie
Brightwaters, NY

There is so much to digest in these posts! They are wonderful! Glad I found this group. I've felt over the years - after being raised in a very strict Catholic home and finding as an adult - I unable to "accept" those teachings that perhaps every soul has evolved only to the level they are at in this particular life. So....in essence - everyone is right - now one is wrong - we are just - hopefully - evolving back to our source at our own pace. I've seen such love in Christians - and Jeohovah's Witnesses - and in every single group on the planet that it is the only thing that makes sense to me.

2/23/2008 8:58:22 AM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

29tootsie
Brightwaters, NY

spoelling correction: "no one is wrong"
oops.

2/23/2008 12:42:57 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

Oh, Sweetie....do I wish that many others felt the same way that you do.

I'm going to enjoy learning from you, too.

Knittin Kitten

2/23/2008 6:38:28 PM worldwide religions, ancient beliefs, and mythology  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

Here is a quick poll for everyone:

Which myth would you like me to post next?

"God called the Firmament 'heaven'."

"God created Adam and Eve on the sixth day."

"God gave man dominion over the creatures."

"God rested after the Creation."

"Adam and Eve were the first humans."

Majority wins. Choose wisely! Again, these myths are from 101 Myths of the Bible.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5