Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

louisville craigslist hookups

But me being me, I did not definitely believe her. single black men in columbia sc I assume that the view on Marriage in Islam is best and stunning. You can browse freely on the platform and use a combination of filters to locate ideal matches. locanto net bangalore Feel no cost to tell me what I am carrying out wrong, or why I am seeking at the dating life in the total wrong way.

listcrawler com

I mean, what is the ideal answer to a question like this? dating stockton ca The online chat service is for on the internet for all the guests. It has bugs, some spam accounts, and some other difficulties. jerkmate alternative Suspect maybe some catfishing might be going on in the app, so I do not truly have higher expectations for the app.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/24/2011 6:54:52 PM  
wating2bfound
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,295)
Mooresville, NC
62, joined Oct. 2010

I have been playing a 12-string guitar for a LONG time. I actually went right from a tenor quitar to a 12-string.

Lately I have been learning some songs that I felt would be better served by a six string.

I'd like your opinions on the pro's and con's for both. Thanks for contributing!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/26/2011 1:22:44 AM Mooresville, NC  
barefoot91
Lake Butler, FL
24, joined Jan. 2011

Idk ive never played a 12 string

2/26/2011 5:25:54 PM Mooresville, NC  
wating2bfound
Mooresville, NC
62, joined Oct. 2010

The harmonics are amazing and finger picking one is a whole different sound that a six sting. But since that's all I've ever played, I'm wondering about possibly getting a six string for certain types of songs.

You should go to the local music store and play a 12 string...really. Then you would know what I'm talking about.

2/26/2011 11:24:51 PM Mooresville, NC  
barefoot91
Lake Butler, FL
24, joined Jan. 2011

Will do

3/14/2011 8:32:28 PM Mooresville, NC  

puttstheartist
Edmonton, AB
61, joined Jan. 2011

I have both 12 & 6 string guitars but I've never given much thought to why I prefer one over another for certain songs. I do however prefer the fullness of sound from the 12 string any day. And yet, if playing somethings like Guitar Town, the 6 string sounds better to me because of the picking in the song. Hope this helps even a little bit.

3/14/2011 10:12:51 PM Mooresville, NC  

steve26mo
Lees Summit, MO
31, joined Mar. 2011

The reason it makes such a huge difference is that you get a higher octave for every string. 2 times the sound. It just sounds crisp and clear. I wouldnt trade mine for anything and I have several guitars.

3/17/2011 5:37:09 AM Mooresville, NC  
thewanderer33
Waldron, AR
68, joined Mar. 2011

12 strings have a beautiful sound but some songs sound better on a 6 string so I hate to place any limits Iown 1 12 string and 4 6 strings and i play them as the mood or song calls for same with electric vs acoustic or steel strings vs nylon and am just now learning to play fretless bass enjoy them all love the music

3/17/2011 6:28:52 PM Mooresville, NC  
wating2bfound
Mooresville, NC
62, joined Oct. 2010

Thank all of you who have responded so far. Tell me what you think about this subject. Can you give an example of a song that sounds better on a 6-string than a 12? Appreciating all your comments a lot!

3/18/2011 9:50:53 PM Mooresville, NC  
thewanderer33
Waldron, AR
68, joined Mar. 2011

Well if you want to play lead on stairway to heaven a 12 has too much harmonics to sound right for 1 and i see you like the righeous brothers "unchained melody" it can be played with a 12 but it sounds wrong to me that way.But thats just my opinion it depends on what style you want to project. there are times when i play 12 strings and times when I want my nylon classical and other times when its amp and stratocaster all i can say is if you have more choices then explore them.music should not be limited
but what ever you do keep playing & express your self thru music

3/20/2011 7:51:11 PM Mooresville, NC  
thewanderer33
Waldron, AR
68, joined Mar. 2011

listen to dire straights "Brothers in arms " or eric claptons "layla" both versions
sorry I don't know how to get these into here yet but you can find them on youtube

3/22/2011 11:18:25 PM Mooresville, NC  
1banjo
Trenton, OH
27, joined Jun. 2010

on some things a 12 -string is really nice
but I have never had the $$ for a 12 -string {{yet!!!!}}
I play 5 string Banjo & 6 string guitar

3/23/2011 5:13:27 AM Mooresville, NC  
larryh153
Ashland, KY
62, joined Mar. 2011

I've been playing guitar for 52 years. I've been playing 12 string since back in the 70s. I don't know what songs or style you are playing. Have you ever listened to Leo Kottke (check spelling on name) he plays 12 string in open D tuning a lot. 12 string guitars have a unique sound and usally are in the past music history been stuck in gernes like folk and folk rock. Rebels like myself, Waylon Jennings, Hank Jr, Zepplin, Tom Petty, and now New Nashville music is finding it again. If you go with an electric 12 string I suggest the Rickenbacker, it has the most used tone in all gernes of recorded top 40 hits. Acoustic, any Dreadnought size guitar, brand doesn't matter much, as long as it has a good neck, and try some brass wound strings they bring out a real bright tone and sustain. Playing rythm and short lead fills are mostly what a 12 string is use for. Go ahead and try playing some other leads as well, you will find it isn't that hard and gives the song a new touch of body.
your friend
Larryh153

3/24/2011 7:29:38 PM Mooresville, NC  
wating2bfound
Mooresville, NC
62, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from 1banjo:
on some things a 12 -string is really nice
but I have never had the $$ for a 12 -string {{yet!!!!}}
I play 5 string Banjo & 6 string guitar

Hey...my original 12 string was destroyed in a fire. I went to a large pawn shop and bought my beautiful Sanich (by Gregg Bennett) and got the hard shell case and everything for about $300. It is wonderful to play and the strings are close to the frets making finguring very easy.

If you really want to have one, try the pawn shops. Also, most music shops take trade-ins and you can get a pretty good deal by looking around.

In fact, when I'm ready to buy a 6'er, I will be checking pawn shops first!

You will love it when you get it...promise!!!

3/28/2011 6:10:27 AM Mooresville, NC  
electriclips
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,331)
Concord, CA
32, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from wating2bfound:
Thank all of you who have responded so far. Tell me what you think about this subject. Can you give an example of a song that sounds better on a 6-string than a 12? Appreciating all your comments a lot!

Pretty much any classical latin style music sounds better on 6 string unless its a slow arpeggio (faux latin). Besides the nylonstring factor, the strumming technique creates too much vibration and often the fretwork is too fast for a 12 string.
Love the tone though

5/5/2011 11:50:40 PM Mooresville, NC  
austinmusician
Austin, TX
33, joined Mar. 2011

If you take any lessons from Chris Isaac it should be that you should have a different guitar for every sound you may be looking for. The dude has over a thousand guitars on hand and tries nearly every one of them when writing a new song (at least that's the story). But seriously, you should at least have a six string on hand just in case, you an buy a decent one for $300-400.

5/19/2011 1:54:25 PM Mooresville, NC  
eugeneoregonguy
Eugene, OR
26, joined May. 2011

When your talking about making a nut, i hate 12 strings. The sound is cool.... but i play bass primarily, and electric guitar. And thats why octave pedals were born.

5/19/2011 11:46:18 PM Mooresville, NC  

masakuna
Spanaway, WA
54, joined May. 2011

I play both 6 and 12 string. I modified my 12 string, 1E single string, 2B single string, 3G 2 strings, 4D 2 strings, 5A 1 string, 6E 1 string.

This is what I like, I play rhythm guitar to back up my voice and this works for me.

5/21/2011 10:05:25 AM Mooresville, NC  
xxbrand0nxx
Fort Stewart, GA
23, joined May. 2011

Well I have been progressing in music for about 10 years now. But guitar is what got me started and its what ill die playing. If you want my personal opinion. The twelve string makes a harmony or just chord strumming sound sweeter. But I prefer to play melodies or finger pick on a 6 string acoustic.

5/23/2011 4:28:38 AM Mooresville, NC  

mcgearlink
Coraopolis, PA
58, joined Jul. 2009

Try an eight string guitar too !

6/12/2011 8:56:31 PM Mooresville, NC  

bieneme
Huntersville, NC
74, joined Jun. 2011

I have and play 6, 12 acoustics, bass and build doublenecks and they all have a special place in music....If you learn to play each one well.

6/14/2011 10:28:32 PM Mooresville, NC  
keithmckee
Raleigh, NC
26, joined Jun. 2011

from what i understand a 12 string consists of the whole note it is tuned to say its c.. and a step down as well. that is where the resonating harmony comes from. if you are working o any scaled or picking riffs. id stick to a 6 string. but for harmonics and strumming 12 string.

6/27/2011 12:19:53 PM Mooresville, NC  

mojavedrifter
Florence, MT
62, joined Jun. 2011

I have been playing a 12-string guitar for a LONG time. I actually went right from a tenor quitar to a 12-string.

Lately I have been learning some songs that I felt would be better served by a six string.

I'd like your opinions on the pro's and con's for both. Thanks for contributing!

I love my 12s... got a Taylor 555, Ovation Custom Balladeer, and an old Ibanez I'm trying to find someone to repair (I have trust issues with Luthiers...{grin})

OTOH, I've got a couple of six string guitars that ARE better for some songs..

I tend to play what I'm holding most of the time... but when a song needs a lighter touch my classical Tak comes out. If I need to play with a group I seems to go for my Strat instead of dropping the sound hole pickup in the Taylor or Ovation... till something comes up that REALLY rocks on a 12'er...

There's NO RIGHT ANSWER... What sounds good to you is what counts (as in all music!)

6/27/2011 12:29:54 PM Mooresville, NC  

mojavedrifter
Florence, MT
62, joined Jun. 2011

Ballads like "The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald" work so much better with a 12.

Backgrounds on most folk music, and the rhythm backing behind a lot of other styles benefits from 12 strings...

You probably know how THREE or more 12 strings sound when you're jamming at a campfire too... if not it's something you've gotta try{grin} Found that out when two other scout leaders showed up with THEIR 12s one weekend (no it wasn't planned, we all just grabbed that particular case on the way out...)

"House of The Rising Sun" and "Stairway to Heaven" are things I prefer playing on my six string guitars...

John Denver's "Lady" sounds good on anything, but the best performance I ever saw of that piece was when he was playing his custom 800 series Taylor 12...

6/29/2011 12:34:14 AM Mooresville, NC  

music_is_life
Bernalillo, NM
27, joined Nov. 2007

Quote from masakuna:
I play both 6 and 12 string. I modified my 12 string, 1E single string, 2B single string, 3G 2 strings, 4D 2 strings, 5A 1 string, 6E 1 string.

haha sound like your strings started breaking and you were just like F*** IT! i'm gonna keep playing anyway

wating2bfound - Mooresville, NC