Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

tinder for gay hookups

Websites like OkCupid that only let you speak to members if you have each liked or swiped ideal on each and every other also remove unwanted messages. catholic singles new york 22% of on the web daters have asked a person to support them create or overview their profile. It is a good query to ask on a very first date, if the other person is comfy talking about it. best craigslist app reddit Even eharmony now lastly permits for similar gender couples.

best free sex hookup sites

I m sorry but these are not very good very first date questions at all! dating roseville ca Rather than a static item, your dating app becomes a living and breathing organism that is regularly evolving along with your user base. Entrepreneurs i have a dating app from okcupid applications and date. korean sex site Online can ruin someone s life and imaan if you dont be cautious.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/21/2011 12:17:18 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

chrisb2770
Port Huron, MI

I was married for 7 years and am currently going through a divorce. A few weeks ago, I ran into my ex fiance that I was with for a few years before my wife. We started catching up on the past few years and she started telling me how much she missed me and figured out what a mistake it was to break off our relationship. Now I have her wanting to jump back into a relationship when I'm not finished with the current one. I have been totally honest with her about my divorce and that I don't want her to be a rebound, I told her that I was in love with someone for 7 yrs and can't just turn that off and on. She doesn't seem to care. Needless to say, I was in love with her at one time as well and the attraction is still there. I guess I'm confused as to why she would want to be involved with me right now? Am I just being overly cautious?

Tweet
Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/21/2011 12:21:01 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

ohbelle
Wickliffe, OH

I think you are being WISE!! I actually try NOT to date someone just out of a serious relationship or marriage! You have to heal-and do some learning about yourself before you are once again ready for the "R" word.

8/21/2011 12:23:01 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

rlm68
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,541)
Gilbert, AZ

women...what is there to explain.
if you try to figure everything out you will never find most answers.
just go with the flow.
after all, what do you have to lose...

8/21/2011 12:29:38 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

salinegirl
Ypsilanti, MI

Quote from chrisb2770:
I was married for 7 years and am currently going through a divorce. A few weeks ago, I ran into my ex fiance that I was with for a few years before my wife. We started catching up on the past few years and she started telling me how much she missed me and figured out what a mistake it was to break off our relationship. Now I have her wanting to jump back into a relationship when I'm not finished with the current one. I have been totally honest with her about my divorce and that I don't want her to be a rebound, I told her that I was in love with someone for 7 yrs and can't just turn that off and on. She doesn't seem to care. Needless to say, I was in love with her at one time as well and the attraction is still there. I guess I'm confused as to why she would want to be involved with me right now? Am I just being overly cautious?

Good man, stick to your guns. You are not ready yet. She's a big girl and it sounds like she know what she is doing. If you tell her she could be a rebound and she says she doesn't care, than that's on her, that's a chance she wants to take.

8/21/2011 12:32:45 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
afrosirene
Over 2,000 Posts (2,127)
Brooklyn, NY

Quote from chrisb2770:

Wait it out and see.
When your divorce is finalized, and she's still waiting to be with you...by all means go for it!

You're not in your teens anymore.....

She wants to be with you right now because you're no longer attached....

...Unless....

You're still wearing the wedding band?

8/21/2011 12:36:12 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

binderdundat
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,863)
New Orleans, LA

If she can't respect your boundaries, do you really think she can respect you?

You are the one that has to set them, and stick by them. You KNOW this isn't right for you, or you wouldn't be on here making this thread. Keep your d*ck in your pants (because, that's what this is about after all...) and tell her the timing isn't right for you right now.

In other words... dump her.

8/21/2011 1:49:43 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

chrisb2770
Port Huron, MI

Ya I am having issues with the bounderies, she wanted to have sex last night and I told her I had to respect my situation and wasn't ready for that. She told me that she realized after she broke off our relationship and found out I was getting married she was sad and realized what she lost. While we were together she felt like she was a better person, a better mother and I was always good to her and her kids. She didn't really know why she broke it off. I guess I'm thinking this is stuff that only happens in movies and I'm not really buying the whole fairy tale thing. I'm getting a divorce, so I can't be all that wonderful. Does she have some issues or am I being a skeptic??

8/21/2011 2:01:20 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
paul3636
Alameda, CA

I had the same exact thing happen to me recently. I was married for seven years then divorced her. It was not a pretty situation. Shortly after we split, I met up with an ex girlfriend. The girlfriend and I only split because of job transfers. We really liked each other a lot.

Well, one thing lead to another and we were dating. It all ended badly because I had not gotten over what crap what went down between my ex wife and I.

If the offer of a relationship is too great to pass up, do yourself and your friend a huge favor and take it slow. Very slow. Work on re-establishing a friendship, that way time passes and you can find yourself as a single man and start a healthy relationship.

In my opinion, it sounds as if you are doing the right thing. Keep strong!

Just my thoughts and two cents.
Paul

[Edited 8/21/2011 2:03:02 PM ]

8/21/2011 2:51:08 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

chrisb2770
Port Huron, MI

Quote from paul3636:
I had the same exact thing happen to me recently. I was married for seven years then divorced her. It was not a pretty situation. Shortly after we split, I met up with an ex girlfriend. The girlfriend and I only split because of job transfers. We really liked each other a lot.

Well, one thing lead to another and we were dating. It all ended badly because I had not gotten over what crap what went down between my ex wife and I.

If the offer of a relationship is too great to pass up, do yourself and your friend a huge favor and take it slow. Very slow. Work on re-establishing a friendship, that way time passes and you can find yourself as a single man and start a healthy relationship.

In my opinion, it sounds as if you are doing the right thing. Keep strong!

Just my thoughts and two cents.
Paul

Thanks for the two cents, this is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. This isn't like someone I picked up at the bar, we have history together and I do care about her feelings. Woman are usually very smart when it comes to these situations so I don't know what I'm missing that she is ready to jump into something so unstable. It doesn't make sense.

8/21/2011 2:53:35 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

venichhe
Brooklyn, NY

8/21/2011 3:22:37 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
tootsiebee
Over 1,000 Posts (1,347)
Tarzana, CA

Quote from rlm68:
women ...what is there to explain.
if you try to figure everything out you will never find most answers.
just go with the flow.
after all, what do you have to lose ...

Just read the Bold

[Edited 8/21/2011 3:23:07 PM ]

8/21/2011 3:41:05 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
purdibird
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,072)
Nice
France

continue moving forward, not backwards.

8/21/2011 3:51:25 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

cgriswald81
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,496)
Gloucester, VA

Quote from purdibird:
continue moving forward, not backwards.

8/21/2011 3:56:49 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

ohbelle
Wickliffe, OH

Quote from tootsiebee:
Just read the Bold

hysterical!!

Really OP, I took into consideration that you have a history with this woman. You are not in a place of emotional stability. Another person cannot be that for you. They enhance what is already there-for better or worse. Don't be tempted by a FWB offer or anything else.

Just say no (for now).

8/21/2011 4:00:44 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
goldie_rai
Louisville, KY

After you feel like you can put this divorce behind you, start dating slowly. If you then feel like you want another relationship, don't neglect meeting and dating new people. You already know her, so explain to her that you feel you owe it to yourself to spend some time dating others to be able to find your best match for your next relationship. If she is a true friend to you she will understand that although you may choose to date her, you may not choose each other for the best match.

8/21/2011 4:00:52 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

hugsnlaughter
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,412)
McKeesport, PA

If she cannot respect your boundaries now when you are not together, what would she be like if you got involved with her again. I say just tell her you want to be alone for a while. If she is still around when you are ready, go from there.

8/21/2011 4:14:54 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
solar_wind
New Haven, KY

If she really cares about you and wants to be with you, then she can wait until your divorce is finished and you are ready for another relationship. If she can't wait for you to take care of your business then that pretty much tells you what you need to know about her.

8/21/2011 4:17:41 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

xyhoney
Atlanta, GA

Your doing the right thing, and for her sound like she wanted someone else at the time and kicked you to the side, now she know's that was a big mistake and now she know your single, she think could be her 2nd chance, you should never go back she is your ex for a reason, good luck .

8/21/2011 4:19:13 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
iluv2read
Tellico Plains, TN

Man, it sounds like you are blaming your ex fiance for wanting to get back together. That's a tad unfair don't ya think? This lady loved you enough to be engaged to you at one point and wasn't just a onenight stand. Give her a chance and you might be happier this time around. You need to let your exwife go and concentrate on this one relationship. If you didn't feel the same way you wouldn't have felt any strong feelings for her 'again'. Be happy! Dove

8/21/2011 4:24:31 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

alekk3
Brooklyn, NY

Quote from chrisb2770:

You're right to be cautious. First, you're going through a divorce and now isn't the time, at least in my opinion, to get involved with anyone romantically. She seems very pushy in wanting you two to start up a relationship. She wants to start up a relationship with you maybe because you're at your most vulnerable (and I don't know her so I can't speculate), but if she's the type, can get to use you in some way. Take things one day at a time and one step at a time. If you're not ready for a relationship with her you need to let her know.

8/21/2011 4:30:16 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

xyhoney
Atlanta, GA

Quote from iluv2read:
Man, it sounds like you are blaming your ex fiance for wanting to get back together. That's a tad unfair don't ya think? This lady loved you enough to be engaged to you at one point and wasn't just a onenight stand. Give her a chance and you might be happier this time around. You need to let your exwife go and concentrate on this one relationship. If you didn't feel the same way you wouldn't have felt any strong feelings for her 'again'. Be happy! Dove
Some people just can't move on that fast if they really loved their ex wife/husband. And like you said she was his fiance once maybe he care about enough not to hurt her like that.

8/21/2011 4:40:41 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
solar_wind
New Haven, KY

Alienation of Affection.

I know a few years ago this was still in the law in MI. You might want to check and see if it still is. I don't know the circumstances behind your divorce but you need to play it careful. If you start dating, and your soon to be ex gets a bug up her butt, she can sue you and your gf for Alienation of Affection, and visa versa. What this entails if successful is fines and jail time, up to 3 years if I recall correctly. So check and see if this law has been abolished before stepping into another relationship while still legally married. Divorce is hard enough, you don't need anything else sneaking up on you.

8/21/2011 4:45:11 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

jeepgirl27
Denver, CO

Go for it...why wait..your marriage is ending..do you know the best way to get over someone is to get with someone else..Your marriage ended way before your ex got back in touch with you. ...

8/21/2011 5:02:01 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

chelserz
Sartell, MN

Best bet is to stay with what your first words where. Tell her you don't want her to be a rebound. When you feel it is right and she is still around then hey give it a shot!

8/21/2011 5:13:01 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

OP... without more info on her (the ex fiance) we can only speculate as to why she would want to rush into something, especially after you've told her about your boundaries etc., etc.

There could be lots of reasons...

She's desperate (that's not a slam against you, but she's 41 and lives in MI... 'nuff said)

Yeah... lots of reasons but... she's REEKING of desperation. A 40 yr old woman with her head on her shoulders that's been through her own trials and tribulations is NOT going to be going goo-goo-ga-ga over you just because you're all of a sudden available.

She's got issues.

I'm sure you feel a soft spot for her but unless you want out of the fire and into the frying pan, I'd just be her friend.

In fact, tell her that's all you see the two of you being.... that'll bring out her true colors... fast.

8/21/2011 5:17:03 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

salinegirl
Ypsilanti, MI

Quote from chrisb2770:
Ya I am having issues with the bounderies, she wanted to have sex last night and I told her I had to respect my situation and wasn't ready for that. She told me that she realized after she broke off our relationship and found out I was getting married she was sad and realized what she lost. While we were together she felt like she was a better person, a better mother and I was always good to her and her kids. She didn't really know why she broke it off. I guess I'm thinking this is stuff that only happens in movies and I'm not really buying the whole fairy tale thing. I'm getting a divorce, so I can't be all that wonderful. Does she have some issues or am I being a skeptic??

Skeptic is good.

8/21/2011 5:17:20 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

iwannaknow2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,402)
Grand Blanc, MI

You gotta use your own mind of course but i would go ahead like you said & close one door before opening another

8/21/2011 5:20:25 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
teachableguy
Over 1,000 Posts (1,559)
Kennesaw, GA

OP

If she waited 7 years, 6 months won't matter

As Binder posted the desperation drips off the situation. Why? Why does she push you? And at a vulnerable moment. What is the unspoken agenda?

You are getting out of one bad thing. Jumping into another one would be a disaster.

Anyone that gives two shits about you would respect your desire to take a breather.

8/21/2011 5:25:13 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

chrisb2770
Port Huron, MI

Quote from solar_wind:
Alienation of Affection.

I know a few years ago this was still in the law in MI. You might want to check and see if it still is. I don't know the circumstances behind your divorce but you need to play it careful. If you start dating, and your soon to be ex gets a bug up her butt, she can sue you and your gf for Alienation of Affection, and visa versa. What this entails if successful is fines and jail time, up to 3 years if I recall correctly. So check and see if this law has been abolished before stepping into another relationship while still legally married. Divorce is hard enough, you don't need anything else sneaking up on you.

My divorce is kinda messed up. Two years ago I decided to go back to school. My wife had to take care of herself and her kids all her life and she always talked about her "dream" jobs so I told her I would finish my degree and when I got a job that covered both our salaries, she could quit and do whatever she wanted. She seemed supportive for the first year, but I guess she got lonely with me working full-time and going to school full-time. She found a bartender to fullfil her "loneliness". I think an affair trumps anything I do now, since she filed the paperwork.

8/21/2011 5:37:16 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

chrisb2770
Port Huron, MI

Quote from binderdundat:

...Yeah... lots of reasons but... she's REEKING of desperation. A 40 yr old woman with her head on her shoulders that's been through her own trials and tribulations is NOT going to be going goo-goo-ga-ga over you just because you're all of a sudden available.

She's got issues....

That is what I'm worried about. I've never gone backward in a relationship. I make a clean break and move on. If this was a new relationship, I'd say you are way to desperate, you have issues and run far far away. No man is that freakin good. I was thinking that since we already know each other maybe something was different. I'm not going to lie, it feels good, I'm just trying to think with the right head

8/21/2011 6:05:53 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

60freebird
Over 1,000 Posts (1,724)
Atlanta, GA

OP, ask her to leave her number and tell her you'll call her when the divorce is final and you've had YOUR time to get your life back in order. You need the time for yourself and for your healing. The circumstances make no difference.........the healing is a necessary part of the process. If she's as remorseful as she says and she really does want you back, she'll be there when you are ready for her IF you ever are. Sometimes people "go back" as a rebound and that rarely works. Good luck! Take care of YOU!

8/21/2011 8:40:12 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

fun2bchattin
Over 1,000 Posts (1,520)
Hedgesville, WV

I think you are being smart. Always go with your gut feeling. Good luck.

8/21/2011 8:45:19 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

heymisterchris
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,827)
Hicksville, NY

Don't listen to any of these people saying you shouldn't get involved with this old flame. Oppurtunities like this don't come along everyday. When you see a chance for love you take it. Go for it. Jusdt be honest. It seems like you are being honest so go for it. What are you going to do if you don't. Sit home alone. To heck with that grab that old flame by the hand and have fun with her.

8/21/2011 8:47:17 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

vanir
Over 2,000 Posts (2,377)
Victoria
Australia

Hey chris, she thought you were a loser, dated some real losers, sees now she made a mistake since in the meantime you made a nice life for yourself and wife which is done now, and that's her interest in you. Not really you at all, but her.

Obvious goldigger is obvious.

Hang on I'll go back and quote the specific descriptors you posted...

8/21/2011 8:55:55 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

vanir
Over 2,000 Posts (2,377)
Victoria
Australia

currently going through a divorce

figured out what a mistake it was to break off our relationship

Now I have her wanting to jump back into a relationship when I'm not finished

She doesn't seem to care

realized what she lost

really know why she broke it off

stuff that only happens in movies

don't know what I'm missing that she is ready to jump into something so unstable

The movie is called something like Kiss of the Spiderwoman and no, you're not missing anything. She's telling you precisely what she's after you for, the only confusing part is that she can look you straight in the eye and do it.

C'mon you know this woman, is this the case? I think it is, I think it's painted in bold strokes.

8/21/2011 9:10:00 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

heymisterchris
Hicksville, NY

Quote from vanir:
Hey chris, she thought you were a loser, dated some real losers, sees now she made a mistake since in the meantime you made a nice life for yourself and wife which is done now, and that's her interest in you. Not really you at all, but her.

Who cares about any of that. What's he supposed to do sit at home and wallow in his loneliness. That's what most of the women on here seem to think he should do. They can't stand the thought of some guy just going out and having fun. I'd grab that old flame by the hand and paint the town red.

8/21/2011 9:15:54 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

heymisterchris
Hicksville, NY

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

8/21/2011 9:17:18 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

rolls eyes.... wonders how chris got off her block list

8/21/2011 9:24:51 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

heymisterchris
Hicksville, NY

It's the truth. A lot of women just love the idea of men sitting around wallowing in pain over lost love. They hate to see a guy just moving on happy as can be to the next one. Look at the posts in this thread. None of the ladies want to see this guy go out with the ex and have a good time.

[Edited 8/21/2011 9:26:06 PM ]

8/21/2011 9:28:56 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

heymisterchris
Hicksville, NY

Quote from binderdundat:
If she can't respect your boundaries, do you really think she can respect you?

You are the one that has to set them, and stick by them. You KNOW this isn't right for you, or you wouldn't be on here making this thread. Keep your d*ck in your pants (because, that's what this is about after all...) and tell her the timing isn't right for you right now.

In other words... dump her.

Look at this nonsense. "Keep your d*ck in your pants". LOL. Yeah god forbid he should go out and get laid. You ladies love to see us miserable. This thread is the proof. OP go out and have some fun with this old flame. If she wants it give it to her.

8/21/2011 9:49:29 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
tootsiebee
Over 1,000 Posts (1,347)
Tarzana, CA

+1

8/21/2011 9:56:10 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

7inchdom
Chattanooga, TN

Do what you want. You're being honest with her so she should understand what she is getting into from the start.

I will say this though. She dumped you once and I never start relationships unless both people involved have finished their past relationships. To me its just trying to make something fail!

8/21/2011 11:30:52 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

1980sgurl
Marlette, MI

If u r questioning it then u have some doubts, sounds to me she is wanting something ur not 100%.ready for and maybe u should tell her u want to take thongs slow or start as friends and once your divorce us clearedu can see if there is really something there. Also if u think it did end for a reason the first time

8/21/2011 11:34:36 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

scoot85
Pauls Valley, OK

fark her...i did

8/21/2011 11:37:15 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
tootsiebee
Over 1,000 Posts (1,347)
Tarzana, CA

+1

8/22/2011 2:34:05 AM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

epichairday
Over 1,000 Posts (1,885)
Durand, WI

She's got issues of commitment. She booted you once, and will do it again. Lose her fast.

8/22/2011 3:20:49 AM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
swamp_donkey_v4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,806)
Houston, TX

She's got issues of commitment. She booted you once, and will do it again. Lose her fast.

I didnt read most of the posts. but this one does just fine.

8/22/2011 3:40:06 AM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
th6231
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,353)
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

YOUR divorce is NOT final---BUT-- when it is--then you are free!! SECOND----you need time to think about ALL the rough times you just had--and how YOU are going to change YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER--without it involving some girl!! This is A "PERSONAL TIME" we are talking about. You can casually date the old fiance--but TAKE IT SLOW AND EASY!! You could easily have her as a rebound lady--but that generally fails....BIG TIME!! Are you being cautious??? You BETTER BE cautious---you better take it slow and easy!! This new lady has NO NEED to rush you into another lousy relationship!! If she doesn't like it---if she gets mad--SCREW IT!! Dump her a** also!! Good luck!!

8/22/2011 4:44:11 AM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  
justme47601
Boonville, IN

Quote from chrisb2770:

I think you are OK in my book because not many men (that i have seen anyway) are that honest.
kinda makes you wonder a lil about her unless it's just that maybe she's been out of her relationship longer than you and now she is ready...BUT, in any event, she should respect you for your decision right now and offer to hang out as firends or even just chat on phone once in awhile...seems to me if she thinks she may really want you then slow baby steps (so to speak) would be the answer. JMO

8/22/2011 1:57:20 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

chrisb2770
Port Huron, MI

Quote from vanir:

That was exactly my thoughts, I know she's not a goldigger but I was a loser at one point in her life as well so now I'm just the best loser she's ever had???

8/22/2011 2:03:18 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

dennorske
Over 1,000 Posts (1,321)
Hemet, CA

Maybe she thinks your gonna be desperate and wants to get a few expensive meals out of you.

8/22/2011 2:14:08 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

pepgirl
Over 1,000 Posts (1,589)
Brockton, MA

She's ready your not. If you wait you may miss that chance at happiness.
That's a call only you can make. Good luck OP!

8/23/2011 5:14:47 PM Need advice on a complicated dating situation  

chrisb2770
Port Huron, MI

Quote from pepgirl:
She's ready your not. If you wait you may miss that chance at happiness.
That's a call only you can make. Good luck OP!

I thought about this as well. I appreciate everyones advice and it really made me think. I don't think I can just dump her, that would be mean. I think there is a reason why we ran into each other again. We've lived in the same town for the past 7 years and have never seen her.

I have been totally honest with her, told her that I am on an emotional roller coaster, told her I didn't want her to get her heart broken and she still here. I can see this as desperation or a strong a** woman that goes after what she wants without fear. She's attractive, has a good job, her own house, there is nothing material I can give her. I will actually be losing half of everything in a few months She's been through the trials of life and still loves without fear.

I think that true love isn't about the dates and butterflies, its about someone that will be with you through thick and thin. If she's willing to be by my side through my worst time, then she deserves my best when everything is done. I guess time will tell, but will definatly be taking things real slow.