Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www skipthegames com

He really only lived in Ajax for a year but it was sufficient to excite my cousin s mates for the reason that that s where they were from and they couldn t think somebody famous was on the radio from Ajax. monahans tx dating From terrible bios to undesirable dates, if you have spent some of your life swiping by way of the apps you know you have to sift by means of a complete lot of rubbish prior to you discover any gold. Long distance relationships aren t by nature doomed to fail. listcrawler arkansas However, on the web dating appears to bring out the worst in persons.

best indian hookup sites

She co parents one particular daughter and sole parents another. fullerton dating Do they embrace the question or make you feel a little awkward for asking it? Noticing how they make you feel in the way they respond can support you to get a sense of whether you like them. As the date approaches, I advise confirming dates hours in advance. sniffy the virtual rat program download Dating and Relationships is a great spot to talk about relationships, sex, dating and marriage.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2
3/30/2008 1:46:08 AM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

mmaru
Erie, PA

I've recently graduated from college but have had no luck with getting anywhere in the professional field. I'm looking to go into publishing. I've sent my resume to two of the three major publishing companies within my city, and posted my resume on various sites. I haven't heard back from anyone yet... any suggestions, advice, or things that you think I can do to help increase my chances of getting my foot in the door? It would be very much appreciated!

3/30/2008 8:52:41 AM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  
polishprincs
New Castle, PA

You might want to consider expanding your search to larger cities, such as Cleveland or Pittsburgh.. I would follow up with your college and see if they have a Career placement office that may have other opportunities. You can call the places that you sent resumes to as well to make sure that they were received. Good luck in your search..

3/30/2008 9:25:11 AM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

sensual_latin
Pleasanton, CA

any suggestions, advice, or things that you think I can do to help increase my chances of getting my foot in the door?

Aside from the good advice polishprincs gave you, allow me to share with you a very interesting mostly unknown reality about most Employers in today's society

Statistics tells us that 80+% of employees that get hired in most companies are "BECAUSE" they were referred by another employee from that same company.
From a company's eye, referrals make better employees than those who were'nt referred.
So if you know anybody that already is an employee at that company and refers you to them, then your chances of getting an interview are almost 100%

If you do not know anybody that works there, then you're in better luck because out of those 80% that do get hired come from referrals mainly from contractor agencies aka: temp agencies!
You could almost never go wrogn with a temp agency that specializes in your field.
And believe me, there are agencies for "every" field under the sun
Register with several of them and you'll see how smooth it is to get your foot in the door.

Best of luck!

3/31/2008 9:28:42 AM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

lostinwyoming
Evanston, WY

first get a crowbar and a cordless drill,gloves,dark clothes and a lookout/gettaway driver.

3/31/2008 9:49:41 AM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA

Have you tried some of the local magazines/newspapers? Often times you can gain experience by performing internships.

We have several local magazines, The City Paper, Pittsburgh Magazine, etc. Maybe you'd have luck doing something publishing-related in obscure locations.

3/31/2008 11:49:29 PM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

mmaru
Erie, PA

Thank you to everyone who replied! I've gone back to my college's website and checked in with the career services office. I'm opening up to jobs anywhere in the country, even though ideally I'd really like to stay here at home.
I have looked into local, smaller publications... in fact, the place where I would really love to work is a bi-monthly women's magazine that's targetted towards women in my area. I mailed my resume and cover letter there last week; waiting to hear back! Unfortunately, I don't know anyone involved in the publishing industry around here, but that's definitely good information to know; thanks for sharing!
Quick question about follow-up calls... what exactly should you say in them? Just, "Hey, I sent you a resume, did you get it?" I always worry about sounding like a dork and saying all the wrong things!

Maybe with Wyoming's advice, I can get a job that I considered in the past... teaching literacy in prisons.

4/1/2008 4:00:02 PM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

lostinwyoming
Evanston, WY

mmaru,check the wyo state job site,there hireing for the prisons here.

4/4/2008 8:38:32 PM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

musicandsmiles
Portland, OR

Persistence is critical ... keep going after what you want! Take any job they offer you to get your foot in a door, once working in the field, it is MUCH easier to market yourself. Be positive, outgoing and confident in your interview. Have the "can do" attitude and be willing to compromise. It will pay off in the long run. Try to connect with a mentor in your area of interest. Having just one important contact will get you going the direction that you need. Just don't give up.

4/5/2008 10:28:33 AM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

lostinwyoming
Evanston, WY

also,if you dress the part you might have more luck. if you look like a professional youll be more likely to be conssidered one.

4/10/2008 3:17:31 PM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

isabo
Glendale, AZ

Keep looking and sending out resumes. You may want to check your resume for errors or format--if they see a word that is spelled incorrectly, that throws up a red flag. Also, make sure the places you are sending resumes are hiring. They won't hire you if they don't need another employee. The last thing I can tell you is to make a follow-up phone call after you are sure your resume has made it to the company. It is not the easiest thing to do, especially if you are shy, but it will let them know that you are MORE interested than someone who does not call.

Regards!

4/12/2008 9:11:04 PM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

happyfree1959
San Ramon, CA

My suggestion to you would be try to get another position in a company where you want or there is publishing postion. Sometimes we have to start where we dont want to, to get where we want to be. Your profession is like mine not alot of positions available but I worked day and night for 4 months and it paid off. You may have to start with a smaller company first, it won't be a waste of time, it will only make you a better publisher.

5/6/2008 9:36:38 PM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

craftygirl002
Tacoma, WA

Try an employment agency.

5/7/2008 10:33:45 PM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

doris331
Kansas City, MO

You might consider joining a volunteer organization or two. You've already had a lot of excellent advice about taking another job in a company, etc. But you need to become visible, start networking. It may sound cracy but one job seeker that I met (Thunderbird graduate) actually had business cards printed with her degree in international business listed printed and "job seeker" underneath (or it may have been on the back.) She also had her picture on there -- she is still quite attractive. Always give someone two cards: one to keep, the other one to pass on to someone.

You actually have a job now -- Your job is finding a job, and you need to approach it just like any job you may hold: Get up in the morning at the same time and start sending out resumes, then follow up with well prepared phone calls a few days later and don't become discouraged if in many cases all you get is recordings or "antechamber dragons" that will not allow you to get to the person you need. Before completing a phone call, when you do reach someone, ask for recommendations on where to apply and preferably a specific name. Then write using the referrer's name. You want to talk to as many persons as possible. And even the "antechamber dragon" who will not let you get through to the boss may know something about a job where a friend is about to have a baby, etc.

And, like someone else before here in this forum, do make sure that your letter and your resume do not, that is ABSOLUTELY DO NOT, contain any errors and that it is well written. From my experience, it is always best to have someone else check everything you have written, not just for typos but do ask for constructive criticism. Ask if the the person could hire you based on what you have written.

Some volunteer organizations also hold job fairs.

Do you know what you want to do in a publishing company? Have you actually acquired all the talent required for the jobs, for which you are applying. Are you focusing your cover letter to explaining why you are the best person for the job in question?

These are just a few quick ideas; one or another tip among the excellent advice you have been getting should help you. Sorry if I rambled a bit.

dg

5/9/2008 12:49:18 AM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  
venice427
Los Angeles, CA

i agree with ..."music and smiles"

stick with it and don't quit ...

many times i felt like i chose the wrong career...
i'm glad i didn't quit.....
next year, will be my 21st year, of "wrenching "on cars
and my 4th year of being my own boss

good luck

5/25/2008 4:39:56 PM Advice on breaking into the professional field?  

brineeyes
Fernandina Beach, FL

Take note of that advice on referrals, and I think your calling the HR people in the wrong order: if they are looking for someone call them, find out what you can about the position that isn't on the ad. The driving point behind this is a lot of resumes have to go through automated screening processes: if you have enough experience that you have to cut your resume to make the 1 or 2 pages that is usually advisable, then craft it to fit the key words and tricky phrases for that specific position.

Page: 1, 2