Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonal com login

Private MBA Coach would like to share a couple of thoughts about how this new strain may impact the MBA application cycle and your MBA degree plans. iowa city personals Software program Analyst Jordan Minor definitely just desires to use his fancy Northwestern University journalism degree to write about video games. HER is a single of the world s greatest dating apps for LGBTQ+ girls and queer folks. omegle tv ban One particular point that can assist ease the stress of first dates is to have a couple of ideas of what to do when you ask for an in person date.

mega personales

Your conversation must be exciting in order for you to get their consideration. craigslist muscle shoals al Beth, on the net dating can be such an ordeal but also an incredible delight. I wasn t interested in meeting dozens of single men. badoo ladies Eric Silverberg, CEO of Scruff, a dating app for gay men, didn t think my strategy was also sensible.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2
4/6/2008 4:39:38 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

atech32
Radford, VA

my daughter has always been very honest with me. wonderfull kid. her boyfriend has just moved in to an apartment. and now she is staying with friends she hasent been staying with. being that im not an idiot. and she will be 18 in a few months. do i overlook it or ask her for her honesty.

4/6/2008 5:31:21 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

owensborogirl2
Owensboro, KY

You can ask her but will you get the answer you want.Perhaps or no.
I would just sit down with her and tell her your concerns, that is what I did.
It did work for me.I don't know if it will for you, but it is worth a shot. JMO

4/6/2008 7:14:31 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

atech32
Radford, VA

thanks for the info. i will ask her and hope it works for me too

4/6/2008 7:48:35 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

kathy5311
Jackson, GA

I hate giving advise to another parent about their children. No one knows your child better than you. Parenting is by far the toughest job in the world. My oldest son and I went through some tough stuff together. You can't control everything they do, but that doesn't mean you have to approve of what they are doing. If my son was/is doing something that I don't approve of, I do not hide my disapproval, but do not stop him from doing it. But that's just what I do.... not saying my way is the right way... just saying it's what works for me and mine.

I liked the advise from the previous post about just sitting down to ask your daughter to tell you the truth. I could always tell when my son was not telling the whole truth, even if I didn't let him know that I knew. And then, it was easier to make a decision as to whether this was something I needed to put my foot down about or let slide.

Good luck to you!

4/7/2008 11:44:12 AM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  
connie1964
Alice, TX

i agree sit and talk with her. had about the same thing with my daughter. but here in texas at 17 they are considered an adult. she tried to move out but when she realized that it's much harder out there than she thought--she stayed.
but things work differently with others. they are good kids--just want to become adults too quickly.
good luck

4/7/2008 9:38:21 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  
1stfriendship
Atlanta, GA

get ur shotgun I'm also single w/a little girl living with moi...scare 'em but don't kill'em

4/13/2008 11:38:43 AM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

foxy_woman_49
Omaha, NE

at that age its pretty much what they want and do.After all, we all were that age once loooong ago and nothing stopped us from spreading our wings

4/15/2008 5:43:59 AM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  
justwaiting8
Rahway, NJ

as a single mom of a 16 year old daughter, I would ask her for her honesty. but make sure she, know what can happen if she;s not careful, not saying she's having sex. I know mine ain't. cause she never had a boyfriend thank god... this is what my 4 sister's told me, you have to let her know you trust, her and not let her know a part of you don't.. just think you where 17 once. and do you truly trust that boy. have a man to man talk with him and let, him know how you feel about, your daughter staying over his place. don;t be mean, just be straight out about it. so he know's where your coming from. good luck.... I know i have one brother who is to this day protective of all us sister even though 3 of us are still married. because before we married or started dating. my brother took our guys out fishing, and let him know, how he feel about us sister's. to this day 3 of us are still happy married and as for me he make sure i don't get hurt again. the other one she back with her ex. so good luck dad. from the single mom who been there.

4/15/2008 2:03:13 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

weatherwench
Tucson, AZ

The only advice I can give you is keep to communications line open. when you hide feelings and information from each other it is always a bad thing. Tell her what you think but then give her encouraging words about how smart she is and that you are confident she will make the right choices. My son is almost 18 and he told me recently that he was glad I never "freaked out" when he did something wrong. That we would sit and talk I would say my peace and he would say his and then we both would let it go.(a little secret I "freaked out everytime he just wan't in the room whe I did it LOL)

4/16/2008 1:17:46 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

foxy_woman_49
Omaha, NE

weather...I hear ya

4/16/2008 7:48:07 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

ladyintexas48
San Antonio, TX

I agree, you should ask for her honesty. After she turns 18, as we all know, it will be a choice that she makes and if she succeeds, great. If she fails, you'll still be there and let he know you will be and that you love her. Once my daughter graduated from high school, she moved out of the house in one day while I was at work. She's 21 now and moved back home when my son went into the Army. No matter what my kids do or say, I always tell them I love them and will respect their decision. Good luck!

4/17/2008 5:56:26 AM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  
dancinglynx
Reedsburg, WI

Having raised 3 girls into adult-hood myself, I will tell you this, don't be afraid to ask but you gotta do it in a way so it's not a direct question. I've found out that it's less stressful when you "guide" the conversation in the direction towards an honest answer. You'll get further & with less chance of an all out argument. jmo

[Edited 4/17/2008 5:56:55 AM]

4/17/2008 6:00:46 AM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  
flaws_n_all28
Fulton, NY

she will do what she wants regardless of your opinions or questions.
she's definitely not stupid...the only thing i can tell ya is....LISTEN TO HER AND MAKE SURE SHE KNOWS THAT LYING WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE.
i hope it works out for ya...BEST OF LUCK!

4/19/2008 2:51:37 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  

theothergman
Michigan, ND

Gotta be honest and talk with her. She's going to do what she's going to do at this age. Treat her as an adult, and not your daughter. I know that's damn near impossible, but I know for me, when I'm able to do that with my kids, things go a lot better.

4/19/2008 3:01:24 PM single dad wants advice on 17yr old daughter  
brendaj
Savannah, GA

I think othergman just gave the same advice I would have, treat her as an adult, it isn't always easy, but you will gain her respect, which will make her feel more like opening up to you, and asking or looking for more guidance from you.

Page: 1, 2