Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal com

A user s search criteria brings up their preferred results. meet singles in arizona Obtaining a relationship exactly where disclosure is created a lot easier and safer is a excellent way to get began. OkCupid s standard solutions are no cost to use, and upgraded capabilities start out at $four. jodi couture onlyfans If you wait to see if truly got a magical person you d be waiting pretty lengthy.

admission book code safe hookup

It s filled with vibrant colors, has a quirky sign up procedure, and is packed with entertaining to use characteristics. single women sacramento So yes you can uncover really like on line just be prepared to play the numbers game and to manipulate the odds in your favour. Every thing was going definitely effectively, until he got a couple of drinks in him and he started telling me clearly fake or exaggerated stories about how wealthy and prosperous he is, which was a big turnoff. best dating apps slovenia If they are not willing to be patient with the procedure

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/19/2012 8:28:37 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
shezakeepher_2
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,603)
Columbia, SC
61, joined Oct. 2008

Just a thought ………

Wouldn’t you say most of us have some “hippie” in us in the sense of;

“love the one your with”
“if it feels good, do it”
“if it don’t come easy let it go”

So much so that it has influenced our hearts to the point of creating a mentality that if we have to “work” on a relationship then it is not right?

Are we too tired at this age to “work” on a relationship to get to know the person’s heart and learn to accept flaws and see the real value in a person?

What of the late 60’s early 70’s has colored your mentality of what love and a relationship is all about?

Sheza~

[Edited 5/19/2012 8:30:27 AM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/19/2012 8:34:08 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  

weaimtoplease
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,590)
Geneva, OH
66, joined Dec. 2007

sheza! Gotta think about that one!

5/19/2012 8:36:54 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
shezakeepher_2
Columbia, SC
61, joined Oct. 2008

weaim...... I know it's kind of early to be thinkin' on a Sat. mornin'. Should be a law against that.

Give it thought and come back, I'ld like to know your thoughts on this.

5/19/2012 9:00:43 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
havetobeme513
Columbia, SC
66, joined Feb. 2011

Sheza

Honestly, nothing from the late 60's early 70's has colored my mentality of what love and a relationship is all about. For me it's been that most folks our age are unwilling to compromise in a relationship. They seem to have a "my way or the highway" mentality. JMO

5/19/2012 9:35:57 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
shezakeepher_2
Columbia, SC
61, joined Oct. 2008

Havetobeme good to see ya Lady!!

.... something I've started to notice about the mentality of "my way or the highway" that use to be more a guy thing and I've noticed more women are adopting that way of thinking.

Maybe are just getting too set in our ways. Dang that sounds like we are getting OLD!!!

5/19/2012 9:48:43 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
havetobeme513
Columbia, SC
66, joined Feb. 2011

Yes, being set in our ways is a problem but if you want to be in a relationship you've GOT to able to compromise. Being able to HEAR someone and not just LISTEN is also a problem for many.

Getting old does have it's drawbacks. I prefer to think of it as "older"..not old.

Good to see you too my friend.

[Edited 5/19/2012 9:49:25 AM ]

5/19/2012 9:57:08 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
fishingmom
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (124,685)
Lake Alfred, FL
61, joined Aug. 2008

I really dont know, I THOUGHT I knew, then found out I didnt know.

I think I need time to think more on this one too.

5/19/2012 10:03:02 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  

sorpstar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,128)
Wayne, NJ
62, joined Oct. 2009

obviously, i was called a Rah Rah more--an American slang term used for enthusiasm or excitement because i played sports and dressed more like one/ still loved Woodstock and those musicians etc of hippie times...i had hippie friends that didn't take the athletic route but they were still my friends and if i run into them, peace is the word still today...the best memories were food fights in HS Cafe where we would throw food back and fought at each other the hippies vs the Rah-Rah's until the lunch room monitor caught us... she didn't know to turn in which group in because she also had a good athletic son and one who was a hippie too...

the only difference is today some men and women still live in the past meaning some women and men should still have a 24 inch waist and have abs of steel ( 6 packs for men) instead of lowering some standards because of the obvious esp since we're aging (we ain't young anymore and we should inquire about one's inside qualities one possesses as that's the real value of someone which may lead down to the road of happiness with someone inspiring IMO...

60's and 70's shall live as memorex within me and it's always great to reminisce and think what if i took door # 2 instead of the one i had taken/ regrets I had a few/ thanks Frank...what if i coulda woulda shoulda...geez i had a thread like that didn't I...hmmmmm

5/19/2012 10:04:28 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
artcentre
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,096)
Beulah, MI
63, joined Aug. 2011

I think the stuff from the 60's and 70's is what holds me together from everything else that has happened in the 80's, 90's and 2000's!!!

Seriously, though... I think that was our apex - art and design and music and movies and spiritual matters and love and freedom. My own interests and hobbies from that time are like my "flotation devices". I agree, though - that something about that time greatly influences my future expectations and visions. I need a kindred traveler who can relate to those times. I didn't have that the last time and it turned out to be a faultline that ultimately produced a bad earthquake.

5/19/2012 10:31:23 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
shezakeepher_2
Columbia, SC
61, joined Oct. 2008

Sorp > a Rah-Rah…. Ok, I can see that.

I was actually a “little bit o’ country” but had a lot of hippie friends and did some of the hippie things.

Art > I think I had the idea that it should be easy or it’s not real. I’m starting to think differently.

Fessing up, I would hope someone would not give up on me should things get a little tough. People seem to bail out at the first sign of differences and face it we are all different!! Don’t like feeling as if I need to walk on egg shells.

5/19/2012 10:40:00 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
fishingmom
Lake Alfred, FL
61, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from shezakeepher_2:

Fessing up, I would hope someone would not give up on me should things get a little tough. People seem to bail out at the first sign of differences and face it we are all different!! Don’t like feeling as if I need to walk on egg shells.

ahhhhhh you remembered! very good.. cus I will NOT walk on egg shells in my own home as I have, nor will I put up with whiney men who DONT tell me what they want. Im not quite good at mind reading but, Im trying!

and yes we ARE all different, and have different life views, heck we been viewing it over 50 yrs now!

Tastes are different, different regions have different customs... its OK to Viva la Difference but dont knock it til ya tried it!

In fact here is MY personal quote I used in my FB this morning... about recreating me and how Id like my life to be....

"I will be just glad when I dont have to keep reinventing my wheel and ride on smooth ground instead of all the bumps along the way."

I cant keep changing for you, you need to make changes too and we both need to compromise

PERIOD!

Ok, NOW Im shutting up before I say toooooooooooo much

5/19/2012 11:05:03 AM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  

sorpstar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,128)
Wayne, NJ
62, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from fishingmom:
ahhhhhh you remembered! very good.. cus I will NOT walk on egg shells in my own home as I have, nor will I put up with whiney men who DONT tell me what they want. Im not quite good at mind reading but, Im trying!

and yes we ARE all different, and have different life views, heck we been viewing it over 50 yrs now!

Tastes are different, different regions have different customs... its OK to Viva la Difference but dont knock it til ya tried it!

In fact here is MY personal quote I used in my FB this morning... about recreating me and how Id like my life to be....

"I will be just glad when I dont have to keep reinventing my wheel and ride on smooth ground instead of all the bumps along the way."

I cant keep changing for you, you need to make changes too and we both need to compromise

PERIOD!

Ok, NOW Im shutting up before I say toooooooooooo much

look at fishing a woman for all seasons...

5/19/2012 12:25:56 PM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
fishingmom
Lake Alfred, FL
61, joined Aug. 2008

geez sorp

5/19/2012 1:44:35 PM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  
shaggyoledog
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (31,019)
Ocean Shores, WA
69, joined Apr. 2011

A hippie, I was not, but I played one, once in a skit.

I was too busy walking the straight and narrow path during the 60's and 70's.

I think what can make or break any relationship is communication or the lack there of.

The communication in DH is kewl, with everything we say, we can see those who are desirable and those who are less than.

Communication is the key. Sounds too simplstic. It is.

If we could put expectaions, egos and fears aside and were able to say what's really on our minds, there would be a whole lot less divorce.

Something I wrote a few years ago.

LOVE IS

Being with your best friend,
and creating a relationship,
not what you have in the beginning,
but with total honesty and trust,
what you build together,
and the ability to give,
more than you receive, unconditionally.
Happiness is loving and being loved.

As humans, is there really such a thing as unconditionally?

5/19/2012 1:52:57 PM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  

susieq_tx
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,846)
Harlingen, TX
63, joined Mar. 2011

Actually I managed to grow up.

5/19/2012 2:01:35 PM Mentality of the 60's and 70's ~ Influence on Love and Relationships  

tcretiredhippie
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,834)
Durand, WI
57, joined Apr. 2012

I think everything influences us that way. I did the full " dont eat the purple owls" thing. Suprising even with that and way too many tattoos, im probably a lot more conservative about "love" than expected. Everything touches us. Sometimes it wins. Sometimes we win. If we look at relationships as to if its work, it cant work. Love really doesnt count the cost. It CANT be 50-50 deal. It has to be 100-0 every time for the other person. If we look at a relationship for how much if anything comes backbit cheatd everyone involved. To my minf love has to be freely given and completely emptied out or else we're just playing at it. Not even sure if that answered the question. Another hippie moment