Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonsls

I m upfront, curious and adventurous and hunting for the identical in females. gresham dating Make sure your profile is honest but eye catching. Readers let us know in our most up to date CBC Forum, a every day, live and hosted discussion about subjects of national interest. doublelist topeka Very best Dating forums from thousands of forums on the web ranked by targeted traffic, social media followers, domain authority & freshness.

gay hookup now

Right after all, you suffered by way of your marriage for a extended time. crossett singles 99, with out totally free trial. If you want to know irrespective of whether or not you re compatible with your date, you greater get started finding out all about the personality types. dog licks bbw We delete comments that violate our policy, which we encourage you to read.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/15/2012 6:52:25 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
gordyg1989
Millersport, OH
25, joined Jun. 2012

Please no mean responses. Im new to ohio and i dont know anyone. I feel so lonely. I have noone to even talk to. Idk where anything is. I thought i would love leaving home but now im thinking im not cut out for this. Any real advice is appreciated

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/15/2012 8:41:50 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
stallion509
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,790)
Milpitas, CA
41, joined Dec. 2011

Ha...ha..haha::signlol:

6/15/2012 9:21:09 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
buckeye1332
Marion, OH
35, joined Oct. 2011

Quote from phina1:
Move back home - problem solved.
How about you go spew your filth in the KY chat and leave the guy alone.

6/15/2012 10:32:52 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  

cassinigirl
Fayetteville, NC
56, joined Nov. 2007

Hi, GordyG!
You seem like a nice young man, and it can be difficult when you move to a whole new area with no family or friends around. Don't sweat it - you do have a lot going for you and it will get better. You are young, but definitely too old to be be moving back home so quickly. Take a deep breath and assure yourself it WILL get better.

In the meantime -- did you know that a man that knows how to dance and enjoys it NEVER has to go without a date any night of the week if he doesn't want to? A different dance date each night until you meet the one you want to waltz away with. Seen it many time. Even had a friend that wound up retiring early because work was interferring with his dancing dates! You have a good job, so now go out and take some dance lessons. They have group lessons and private lessons, and they always have social dances for the students & friends at least 2x month. Once you get the hang of it - start going to various clubs to hear different music & experience different dancing. Years ago when I did this, I started with ballroom -- waltz(love it), rhumba (sexy), east coast swing (fun), etc....then I branched out to many others like west coast swing and even zydeco! What wonderful fun.

There are many card playing groups around if you like that. They usually have a website so just search the internet for your card game in your area. Many have just drop in games - you can go and say hi, learn to play if you haven't before, and join in when you are available.

Join a church young adult group. Organize a white water rafting trip with your co-workers -- short trip back to WV for some great class IV & V rafting in the early spring, or Class II & III easy party rafting in the summer. Head up to Cedar Point for the weekend & visit Put-in-Bay.

Also, invite some of your coworkers out for happy hour or even a picnic at your house - even if it is a picnic on the living room floor (everybody winds up in the kitchen anyway, regardless of the size of the kitchen). Do the same to meet you neighbors. Or think up some silly reason and throw a party. I have thrown Procrastinator's New Years' Eve parties in April, Made-Up Poem Night, Pre-Birthday Parties 2-3 mos ahead of time, Slap-Stick Comedy Parties, "Never Saw A James Bond Movie" party, and back in 2001 I threw a "Why should Hal Open The Pod Bay Doors" party. Every party requires guests to bring something that entertains us (ex.- 10 reason why Hal Should Not Open the Pod Bay Doors, 10 things to do before you turn 40, New Year's Eve Resolutions for the Procrastinator, etc.) When I moved to Cleveland area from the desert I felt much like you do now. In the first 6 months things went wrong - bad wrong -- I even got stuck in the snow in my own driveway! I threw a What to do In Cleveland party - told guests the "wrong" things I'd done & and asked them to bring a list of the right things to do. It was great fun. My parties always require homework to be brought & pinned up for everyone to talk about. Helps break the ice when you are meeting neighbors, etc. for the first time.

Even if you don't get but 5-10 people stopping by for a party, it is a start.

Anyway, you asked for some suggestions - hope these help.

And you can always keep posting on here - the more you contribute here, the nicer most people will be in responding to you. And eventually we will have another Meet&Greet where you can meet some of the people on here. Some of them are old mother-hens like me, but we're worth knowing too.

Good Luck; Chin Up.

6/15/2012 10:42:07 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
ladyavenger48
Dayton, OH
51, joined Jun. 2012

quote from gordyg1989-[Please no mean responses. Im new to ohio and i dont know anyone. I feel so lonely. I have noone to even talk to. Idk where anything is. I thought i would love leaving home but now im thinking im not cut out for this. Any real advice is appreciated]

Gordy, when I was your age, I left home and moved away. I remember I felt just as you do. Lost and alone. I didn't know where anything was. I didn't feel like I could even grocery shop. My friends were here and I was in Tennessee. Everything was strange. But as a little time went by, I adjusted, and I really started enjoying being more independent. Prior to this, my Mom did everything, the grocery shopping, laundry, etc. This was the opportunity to try my wings and prove myself, and I did, I made new friends and still kept my old ones. Check your chamber of commerce or visitors center for ideas of where things are. If there's a gym or something in the area that you live now, that may be an idea to start with. Usually, gym memberships are not very expensive, and give you somewhere to go, something to do, and maybe make new friends.
I really hope you get to feeling better about your move soon. Most Ohioans are pretty nice people.

[Edited 6/15/2012 10:45:40 PM ]

6/16/2012 12:51:12 AM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
chicachocolate9
Columbus, OH
23, joined Apr. 2012

Awwww sorry about that your still new to here, and you will make friends soon.

6/16/2012 9:51:02 AM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
kore_1980
Albany, OH
34, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from phina1:
What part of my comment was filth ?
The OP even stated maybe he shouldn't have done it/not cut out for it - get a grip.

Phina, I think he just felt like you were being obtuse with the OP. Instead of being sympathetic and lending suggestions, you just told him to give up; which really doesn't help....
I know you were probably just joking, but you have to remember this is a horrible medium when it comes to your true intent behind words. No one can really tell when you are joking or just being down right mean.

6/16/2012 11:25:56 AM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
ladybug521
Cleveland, OH
57, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from phina1:
Exactly ! So, instead of accusing . . . ASK A QUESTION !

Why are you so bossy??

6/16/2012 3:57:55 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  

galion90210
Over 2,000 Posts (3,968)
Galion, OH
60, joined Oct. 2010

She needs help and is a dyke.

6/16/2012 4:26:59 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  

anywhereusa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (61,278)
Converse, TX
50, joined Dec. 2009

To all you dads~dads, stepdads, grandpa, father figure to someone. You guys are awesome.

6/16/2012 6:08:21 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
kore_1980
Albany, OH
34, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from phina1:
Exactly ! So, instead of accusing . . . ASK A QUESTION !

I didn't accuse you of anything. I just answered why he made the comment. Sheesh

[Edited 6/16/2012 6:10:20 PM ]

6/17/2012 9:30:10 AM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
kore_1980
Albany, OH
34, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from phina1:
That comment was aimed at you !

Okay, some guy says you should go spew your filth in KY chat instead of here. You ask why. I explain the misunderstanding and say I know you were just joking. Then you tell me to stop accusing you.
I'm at a loss for words here Phina, your logic makes little sense to me. I am not the one you should be telling not to accuse you of things, he accused you, not me. If anything I backed you up on the whole thing, then you turn on me.....
Do you do that to anyone that tries to defend you and help you out, or am I just special??

6/18/2012 6:58:30 AM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
kore_1980
Albany, OH
34, joined Apr. 2012

Okay, thanks. Apology accepted.

6/24/2012 11:11:24 AM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
vivrebien
Over 2,000 Posts (2,640)
Franklin, OH
61, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from gordyg1989:
Please no mean responses. Im new to ohio and i dont know anyone. I feel so lonely. I have noone to even talk to. Idk where anything is. I thought i would love leaving home but now im thinking im not cut out for this. Any real advice is appreciated

This isn't the place to come to resolve emotional problems, and the advice will be (or was) universally bad.

When people move out of an area where they had emotional ties and connections and unless they have a strong personality and a measure of toughness, they'll find it difficult to in their new environment.

You should seek some professional help while you try to adjust to your new life. It may be that you won't be able to make the transition and should return home.

6/24/2012 1:16:50 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
adamf_79
Wooster, OH
35, joined Jun. 2012

Do you have a job? If not, you should lol. Thats where I've met most of my friends up here. I moved away from home when I was 20.

6/24/2012 9:12:53 PM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  
lonelyreese3
Massillon, OH
51, joined Jun. 2012

That's why he moved to Ohio, he got a job here.

It's not unusual to have some homesickness when moving away from family and friends. In fact, it's normal.

6/26/2012 6:45:48 AM Please help. feel so lonely and helpless  

isamack
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,330)
Columbus, OH
38, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from gordyg1989: