Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames one night stands

You can either weed them out or begin a fun convo about what the two of your visions collectively would look like, says Grant. indianapolis gay hookup Do you have someone in your life that is tough to be around? These types of people can make you really feel stressed, angry, overwhelmed, and even crazy at instances. I ve been in a handful of relationships where after the initial excitement wore off, I had doubts about how considerably I was definitely into the other person. speed dating medway It s alright to share gradually and steadily, specifically after you have been talking for a although.

www listcrawler xom

Considering that we are hunting to have exciting and strike a connection, what greater way to do that than by employing humor as our aide. gay men portland oregon This is exactly where chat rooms on line can really help you when it comes to searching for like and romance. Give it a chance today by finishing the totally free personality test. tnaboard spokane If you run across that, speak to the former Capt.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/6/2012 12:27:31 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
augustfirst
Capitol Heights, MD
35, joined Jul. 2012

I just had a conversation earlier about some females allowing males to think certain things are "ok" from OUR actions by THEIR actions. I just read something that pretty much is what I am referring to: MALE vs. MAN

On a date who opens the door for who? Should a "LADY" open the door for a "MAN"????
In my opinion I feel that a man would not allow this. (that's something a male does) That is nothing to brag about, be impressed by, or be ok with. I was taught that there is only room for 1 darling in a relationship, date, etc. Picking up a tab at times if you are dating someone or in a relationship is quite naturally going to to take place (and only fair, even tough some woman don't believe in that lol) but CHIVALRY ISN'T DEAD therefore we should acknowledge it and practice it in our daily doings. There is nothing wrong with a woman doing certain things for a man but there are unspoken rules and opening a door for a woman is one of them. Lover, brother, stranger, nephew, cousin, or neighbor....you should open the door for a lady. A man is put forth to protect therefore he shouldn't be walking through a door before a woman, walking on the inside of the street, nor getting in a car first. Something pops off and where is he???? Already inside the building or sitting in the car with the door closed. smh smh Ladies please allow a MAN to be a MAN....please allow him to show you the respect that is due. (Which means we need to play our role as well and that is being a LADY/WOMAN) Yes it's 2012 but everything from years ago is NOT out of style or out of the window.

Opinions....Feedback....Thoughts....Experiences....Beliefs. (Please stay on topic)

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/6/2012 12:28:59 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

stan_147
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,477)
Tehachapi, CA
50, joined Aug. 2010

8/6/2012 12:31:43 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

amargosa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,516)
Riddle, OR
56, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Too damned much fuss about little things. I was raised by my mother to be a traditional gentleman, and I enjoy being one. I open doors for my lady, I walk on the outside when we are on the sidewalk. When we are in a restaurant and the waitress asks me what I want, I point to my date and indicate that she ask her first. It is tradition and I think it should be preserved.

8/6/2012 12:36:45 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
z0ner
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,211)
Knob Lick, KY
29, joined Mar. 2012

Open, the door.
Shut, your mouth.

8/6/2012 12:39:38 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
crackerboxchick
Hialeah, FL
56, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from z0ner:
Open, the door.
Shut, your mouth.

In this case, I gotta go with this.

Please. Shut your mouth.

8/6/2012 12:39:40 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
metu
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (29,740)
Auburndale, FL
53, joined Apr. 2007

@ z0ner...*gigglesnort*

8/6/2012 12:40:26 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
jenlynn84
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,616)
Bemidji, MN
30, joined Jul. 2011

I open doors for everyone. Man, woman, child. It isn't about being chivalrous, it's about having common courtesy.

8/6/2012 12:45:02 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
augustfirst
Capitol Heights, MD
35, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from metu:
@ z0ner...*gigglesnort*

Your response a PRIME example of what I mean.....thanks for your feedback and your snort.

8/6/2012 12:45:16 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
tica5656
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,134)
Tigre
Argentina
33, joined Sep. 2011

I love it when women try to tell other women what their role is.

Here's an idea...worry about your role and we will worry about what it is for us to be a lady.

Afterall, we aren't here to prove ourselves to anyone one how much of a lady we are. If he likes your style then to who else should it matter???

Yeah, that's what I thought.

[Edited 8/6/2012 12:46:38 AM ]

8/6/2012 12:46:21 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

al_muslimin
Indianapolis, IN
43, joined Jul. 2012

It shouldn't be that much of a big deal to be a gentleman or a lady. Those who were raised decently do it without thinking about it or bragging about it, it should come naturally, and it's nothing to be impressed by.

[Edited 8/6/2012 12:48:48 AM ]

8/6/2012 12:49:42 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
augustfirst
Capitol Heights, MD
35, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from tica5656:
I love it when women try to tell other women what their role is.

Here's an idea...worry about your role and we will worry about what it is for us to be a lady.

Afterall, we aren't here to prove ourselves to anyone one how much of a lady we are. If he likes your style then to who else should it matter???

Yeah, that'd what I thought.

Clearly you didn't see the part where I asked please stay on topic and the topic sure isn't a woman telling another woman her role. The topic is would you want a man to open the door for you or not. When I said US women playing our role I was referring to a female acting like she has no class yet demanding a certain type of respect. Please check yourself. Thanks

8/6/2012 12:50:00 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

shinobi0008
Alexandria, VA
28, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from augustfirst:
I just had a conversation earlier about some females allowing males to think certain things are "ok" from OUR actions by THEIR actions. I just read something that pretty much is what I am referring to: MALE vs. MAN

On a date who opens the door for who? Should a "LADY" open the door for a "MAN"????
In my opinion I feel that a man would not allow this. (that's something a male does) That is nothing to brag about, be impressed by, or be ok with. I was taught that there is only room for 1 darling in a relationship, date, etc. Picking up a tab at times if you are dating someone or in a relationship is quite naturally going to to take place (and only fair, even tough some woman don't believe in that lol) but CHIVALRY ISN'T DEAD therefore we should acknowledge it and practice it in our daily doings. There is nothing wrong with a woman doing certain things for a man but there are unspoken rules and opening a door for a woman is one of them. Lover, brother, stranger, nephew, cousin, or neighbor....you should open the door for a lady. A man is put forth to protect therefore he shouldn't be walking through a door before a woman, walking on the inside of the street, nor getting in a car first. Something pops off and where is he???? Already inside the building or sitting in the car with the door closed. smh smh Ladies please allow a MAN to be a MAN....please allow him to show you the respect that is due. (Which means we need to play our role as well and that is being a LADY/WOMAN) Yes it's 2012 but everything from years ago is NOT out of style or out of the window.

Opinions....Feedback....Thoughts....Experiences....Beliefs. (Please stay on topic)

Does that mean that women are supposed to stay home and cook and clean for men while they go and become the breadwinners? Food for thought.

8/6/2012 12:51:09 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
metu
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (29,740)
Auburndale, FL
53, joined Apr. 2007

You're very welcome, OP...

8/6/2012 12:52:11 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
jenlynn84
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,616)
Bemidji, MN
30, joined Jul. 2011

Quote from al_muslimin:
It shouldn't be that much of a big deal to be a gentleman or a lady. Those who were raised decently do it without thinking about it or bragging about it, it should come naturally, and it's nothing to be impressed by.

Exactly!

8/6/2012 12:53:45 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
relocdad
Melrose, FL
33, joined Dec. 2011

I do not see what the big deal is about door opening lately. Here is a little secret: there is a percentage of dudes that only open a door for a woman so he can check out her ass. how's that for chivalry?

8/6/2012 12:55:00 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

amargosa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,516)
Riddle, OR
56, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Quote from relocdad:
I do not see what the big deal is about door opening lately. Here is a little secret: there is a percentage of dudes that only open a door for a woman so he can check out her ass. how's that for chivalry?

works for me.

8/6/2012 1:01:27 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
augustfirst
Capitol Heights, MD
35, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from shinobi0008:
Does that mean that women are supposed to stay home and cook and clean for men while they go and become the breadwinners? Food for thought.

It's 2012 and there are PLENTY of women that are the bread winners.....which is why I mentioned EVERYTHING has not gone out of style but because today is a new era there are some things that have changed. Showing a lady a good time when you go on a date isn't one of those things. That's the problem, some people are throwing the wrong things out the window and then later on want to demand respect when it's a little too late.

8/6/2012 1:04:31 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
tica5656
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,134)
Tigre
Argentina
33, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from augustfirst:
Clearly you didn't see the part where I asked please stay on topic and the topic sure isn't a woman telling another woman her role. The topic is would you want a man to open the door for you or not. When I said US women playing our role I was referring to a female acting like she has no class yet demanding a certain type of respect. Please check yourself. Thanks

Your words not mine....

” Ladies please allow a MAN to be a MAN....please allow him to show you the respect that is due. (Which means we need to play our role as well and that is being a LADY/WOMAN)”

please check YOURSELF. You are telling women how to behave...that is what I chose to address so it is on topic. have a nice night

[Edited 8/6/2012 1:06:25 AM ]

8/6/2012 1:47:52 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

anonomasprime
Colorado Springs, CO
33, joined Mar. 2011
online now!

Chivalry isnt dead... its just that 9 outa 10 women arent worth the effort to be chilvarous for... the average "independent" woman has to wear the pants and will tell a guy he aint $%*! faster than she can blink and has an attitude that says "i can replace you at the drop of a dime, your really just here my amusement till i get tired of you"..or "your not a baller so feel privileged im even talking to you" that doesnt make us want to do nice things for yall...makes us guys be like..well she has 2 perfectly good hands...get ya own doors and stuff and no im not paying...if you want to be treated like a queen, act like one and not just to your man...act like one to everyone... you cant just treat your dude good but treat all his friends and fam and everyone else around you like crap lol...thats not deserving of, "going the extra mile" so to speak

i open doors but i just open doors for everyone b/c its polite and the right thing to do not b/c im trying to be a "gentleman". pick up a tab...ladies...? not in this day and age LMAO. 98% you will have to gas up your car drive across town pick them up open pay for dinner the movie drinks etc etc the drive um back home...man spends 150-200 on date lady keeps all her money got free entertainment, free food, free drinks, chauffeured around and possibly sex(we are all adults here..)that hasent changed. Seems like us guys are still getting a raw bad deal. I dont really see ladies out there approaching guys and treating(birthdays and holidays dont count)and if the do they want to wear the pants....if you they type of woman that has to wear the pants then its your job as the person in that position to open the door...thats all im saying

8/6/2012 2:02:07 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

cdukshnow
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,405)
La Mesa, CA
46, joined Mar. 2010

This is a nice post and all but it doesn't end with the door...for the woman. No no no, he NEEDS to do, and be, muuuch more.

Chivalry goes both ways ladies. Time to start nutting up...or maybe the divorce rate getting even higher is "cool"?

I can't always get the door for a woman as I have debilitating issues but prior to this I always did. I got the door for anyone I was with unless I was carrying something burdensome. Then sometimes they, whomever, get the door for me.

Thom

8/6/2012 2:02:42 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

shinobi0008
Alexandria, VA
28, joined Sep. 2011

Chivalry is a mechanism society created to create roles for men and women. If a woman wants to open a door for a man, there's nothing wrong with that. If a man wants to open a door for a woman there's nothing wrong with that. How about gay couples. Who's the man, who's the woman? Stop thinking about what a "man" "woman" is supposed to do. Do something because you're thinking about your loved one.

8/6/2012 2:08:06 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
jwrangler14
Manassas, VA
21, joined Jul. 2012

Hahaha!!!!

8/6/2012 2:10:21 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
jwrangler14
Manassas, VA
21, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from crackerboxchick:
In this case, I gotta go with this.

Please. Shut your mouth.

Hahaha!!!

8/6/2012 2:12:01 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
augustfirst
Capitol Heights, MD
35, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from anonomasprime:
Chivalry isnt dead... its just that 9 outa 10 women arent worth the effort to be chilvarous for... the average "independent" woman has to wear the pants and will tell a guy he aint $%*! faster than she can blink and has an attitude that says "i can replace you at the drop of a dime, your really just here my amusement till i get tired of you"..or "your not a baller so feel privileged im even talking to you" that doesnt make us want to do nice things for yall...makes us guys be like..well she has 2 perfectly good hands...get ya own doors and stuff and no im not paying...if you want to be treated like a queen, act like one and not just to your man...act like one to everyone... you cant just treat your dude good but treat all his friends and fam and everyone else around you like crap lol...thats not deserving of, "going the extra mile" so to speak

i open doors but i just open doors for everyone b/c its polite and the right thing to do not b/c im trying to be a "gentleman". pick up a tab...ladies...? not in this day and age LMAO. 98% you will have to gas up your car drive across town pick them up open pay for dinner the movie drinks etc etc the drive um back home...man spends 150-200 on date lady keeps all her money got free entertainment, free food, free drinks, chauffeured around and possibly sex(we are all adults here..)that hasent changed. Seems like us guys are still getting a raw bad deal. I dont really see ladies out there approaching guys and treating(birthdays and holidays dont count)and if the do they want to wear the pants....if you they type of woman that has to wear the pants then its your job as the person in that position to open the door...thats all im saying

I respect where you are coming from even though I don't agree with the 9 out of 10 percentile lol and a few other things BUT I am glad that you made mention of a female acting a certain way because when I mentioned women playing their role someone proved my point of class and showed their a** totally trying to misconstrue my comment. A female can't expect a man to treat her like a LADY when she's coming across like a hoodrat. However, even though a female may make you feel like they aren't deserving of a kind act, you should NEVER stop being who you are. So if you are indeed a gentleman don't let her personality take you out of character. We are all human and I feel what you're saying. It just irks me when a guy thinks that nonsense is going to fly with EVERY woman he comes across all because he got away with it at some point with other women.

8/6/2012 2:12:04 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
l0st419
Over 1,000 Posts (1,728)
Leavenworth, KS
30, joined Jul. 2012

I gotta urinate on the OP

8/6/2012 2:26:04 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
xak47ace
Raleigh, NC
47, joined Jun. 2012

Doesn't really matter. Yet I'm more into doing more male directed acts in a relationship. It feels good to have a woman step up and contribute to the balance of a successful involvement.

[Edited 8/6/2012 2:26:49 AM ]

8/6/2012 2:28:00 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
fun2bchattin
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,959)
Hedgesville, WV
47, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from jenlynn84:
I open doors for everyone. Man, woman, child. It isn't about being chivalrous, it's about having common courtesy.

8/6/2012 2:46:58 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

willard20032002
Sioux City, IA
25, joined Aug. 2012

i would have to go with every one its all the same. chivalry ain t dead. there s saying if a tree falls in the woods does that mean ur gonna hear?

8/6/2012 3:39:14 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
wow_cool_name
Over 2,000 Posts (2,302)
Frederick, MD
28, joined Jun. 2012

Everyone remain calm. Deep breaths.

Does anybody else find it absolutely ridiculous how much people overthink chivalry? If you think about chivalry to the point of excess, it's forced and the meaning behind it is therefore lost.

8/6/2012 4:30:57 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
iamalwaysjustme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,756)
Kansas City, MO
55, joined Apr. 2009

I always feed my men first , is this good or bad ?

Always have and always will , too bad my ex husband never appreciated it any

Oh, well I have a man now that appreciates everything I do for him or for us

8/6/2012 6:09:48 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
rlm68
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,110)
Aurora, CO
45, joined Apr. 2010

the door isnt gonna open up by itself.
first one to the door opens the damn thing.
problem solved...

8/6/2012 7:30:18 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
xxscooterxx
Washington, DC
37, joined Jul. 2012

lol this topic started because i posted a status stating a lady opened my door... she opened my door after she was let into my truck. meaning she passed the test " A Bronx Tale " . since most cars have power locks and remotes a woman shows she has class by pushing your door open from inside instead of unlocking .... i love the test!!!!

8/6/2012 7:45:25 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
settee_g
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,285)
Flower Mound, TX
61, joined Feb. 2012

Chivalry has nothing to do with it...manners has everything to do with it..I love courtesy, and practice it often.

The whole opening doors issue is a non-issue for me...

I love a man who shows manners, but if he opens the door for me yet speaks to me in a rough manner, or doesn't exhibit other kind and gentle manners, the car door being opened from me makes very little difference...

8/6/2012 7:49:47 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
jjay1970
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (41,468)
Syracuse, NY
44, joined Oct. 2011

Sounds like a sexist thread.

In 2012 do we really need gender roles? Can't both people watch the kids, do the laundry, clean the house, and bring home the bacon?

8/6/2012 8:02:35 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
augustfirst
Capitol Heights, MD
35, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from xxscooterxx:
lol this topic started because i posted a status stating a lady opened my door... she opened my door after she was let into my truck. meaning she passed the test " A Bronx Tale " . since most cars have power locks and remotes a woman shows she has class by pushing your door open from inside instead of unlocking .... i love the test!!!!

Actually this topic didn't start "because" of your post, your test, or you. I believe I told you that when you sent me a message asking me about my status. I also told you that I didn't need you sending me messages of clarification, why do you feel the need to "state your claim". You doing a lot of explaining......please.

8/6/2012 8:12:50 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
84diane
Jonesboro, GA
30, joined Apr. 2012

There are certain things that I expect a guy to do. If I'm on a date, I do expect the door to be held open. If I'm living with someone, I expect him to take out the trash. Those are my only two, besides not texting on a date. You can share the other chores.

8/6/2012 8:33:20 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
smokymtngirl43
Sevierville, TN
45, joined Mar. 2012

Quote from xxscooterxx:

....but....but..........I'm short and can't reach over to the other side....
Does that mean I have no class?

8/6/2012 8:40:53 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
alls_fair
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,257)
Thorlákshöfn
Iceland
94, joined May. 2011

Quote from relocdad:

It is nice to know that at least one other man can be rigorusly honest about why men open doors for women...

It has NOTHING to do with chivalry...nor tyranny for that matter!!!

8/6/2012 9:03:24 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

ol39er
Over 2,000 Posts (3,697)
Cicero, IL
42, joined Jul. 2011

I'm more about common courtesy, manners, and respect that flows both ways, as opposed to people playing specific roles. I open doors for people regardless of who they are.

8/6/2012 9:11:00 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

esmeraldar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,675)
Toms River, NJ
66, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from jenlynn84:

What Jen said. Why is there only one "darling" in a relationship? I think both should be darlings and take care of each other. I've never been a "princess".

8/6/2012 10:41:31 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
mylegsarecold
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,297)
Green Bay, WI
52, joined May. 2011

I opened the door to let the dog out today.
I even let it back in, because I am such a gentleman.

8/6/2012 10:55:23 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,134)
Phelan, CA
44, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from jenlynn84:

I agree, so I didn't want to re-write the same thing. Gee Jen great minds think alike.

8/6/2012 11:49:03 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
4leafusmc
Quantico, VA
28, joined Apr. 2012

You women want to be treated like equals, so accept EVERYTHING that comes with it. You can wear pants like men. You can vote like men. You can be the heads of companies and run for office like men. Now you can open your own doors like men and pay for your own food like men. EQUALITY FOR EVERYBODY!!!!

8/6/2012 6:30:59 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

anonomasprime
Colorado Springs, CO
33, joined Mar. 2011
online now!

Quote from augustfirst:
I respect where you are coming from even though I don't agree with the 9 out of 10 percentile lol and a few other things BUT I am glad that you made mention of a female acting a certain way because when I mentioned women playing their role someone proved my point of class and showed their a** totally trying to misconstrue my comment. A female can't expect a man to treat her like a LADY when she's coming across like a hoodrat. However, even though a female may make you feel like they aren't deserving of a kind act, you should NEVER stop being who you are. So if you are indeed a gentleman don't let her personality take you out of character. We are all human and I feel what you're saying. It just irks me when a guy thinks that nonsense is going to fly with EVERY woman he comes across all because he got away with it at some point with other women.

i can dig it.. i dont consider myself a gentleman..i just think i have good morals and standards lol. i used to do the extra'd out chilvary thing when i was younger and naive and all it ever got me was further back in the line at the movies...you cant hold the door and then just let it slam in the peoples face behind you thats just plain rude so girrlll walk first grab the door im behind you so we good and we just keep it moving on pace im polite and use proper etiquette but if your not deserving than your just not...sorry...respect is earned not given out freely and game recognize game, real sees real so if your "deserving" itll happen naturally from the people around you, you wont have to ask or wonder about it..

8/6/2012 7:45:01 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

maniacmassager
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,465)
Lawrence, MA
48, joined Mar. 2008

Im a gentleman. ill open doors and all that good stuff for a woman. the only time i may not be too gentlemanly, is if by chances shots are fired. then ill immediately use a woman as a screen to protect me.

8/6/2012 7:48:23 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

max811
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,024)
Palmetto, FL
34, joined Aug. 2010

I agree now get in the kitchen and make me a pie!!

8/6/2012 8:34:17 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
th6231
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (34,817)
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
67, joined Jul. 2007

Meet me on the patio--NO DOORS TO OPEN. Most people are discussing Obama's health care and re-election---you idiots are talking about some f**king doors. How intelligent...!!

8/6/2012 8:58:51 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

rockhead400
New Orleans, LA
46, joined Jul. 2010

If a girl is showering and hopefully shaving her box, Ill open the door!

8/6/2012 9:02:10 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
augustfirst
Capitol Heights, MD
35, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from th6231:
Meet me on the patio--NO DOORS TO OPEN. Most people are discussing Obama's health care and re-election---you idiots are talking about some f**king doors. How intelligent...!!

The only idiot on here is you from 2007-PRESENT....Please get ya life! How are you spending your time other than scrolling through forum topics looking for one to leave an ignorant comment on. Like really.

8/6/2012 9:12:04 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
th6231
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
67, joined Jul. 2007

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

8/6/2012 9:31:18 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
lobo81865
Ocean Springs, MS
49, joined Mar. 2012

I don't have a problem acting like a gentleman as long as the woman acts like a lady.

8/6/2012 9:37:41 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

stobil
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,177)
Gallatin, TN
34, joined Nov. 2009

Treat women like shit, and they'll beg for more.

8/6/2012 10:36:52 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
wolfgard_h
Over 2,000 Posts (2,246)
Saint Paul, MN
50, joined Oct. 2010

Many years ago I heard the Historical reason why a man would walk on the outside of the street.
It goes back to when people used to throw their garbage out the windows into the street.
The person on the outside was most likely to get the brunt of the mess.
Must have been tall buildings or a tall story.

It could be considered more dangerous these nights to walk on the inside closer to where criminals might be hiding.
You can easily see what's coming from the streets.

8/6/2012 10:40:26 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
iamalwaysjustme
Kansas City, MO
55, joined Apr. 2009

Quote from th6231:
Wow--a snotty nig--r b*tch--how charming. Another dazzling urbanite!!

Yea, this shit came out of no where

Hi friend

8/6/2012 10:42:09 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
iamalwaysjustme
Kansas City, MO
55, joined Apr. 2009

Quote from stobil:
Treat women like shit, and they'll beg for more.

What book did you read this out of? Or maybe you saw this on a piece of junk mail you were delivering

8/6/2012 11:26:47 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
th6231
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
67, joined Jul. 2007

As we discussed in other similiar threads about this--COURTESY never goes out of style. As well as saying "thank you" and other nice little phrases. You may not get everyone to express a bit of courtesy--but we see a lot of it in THIS city.

8/6/2012 11:32:17 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
grneyedluvr2
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,446)
Sebastian, FL
49, joined Apr. 2011

women are always opening the door for me because my hands are full from CARRYING ALL HER SHIT SHE JUST BOUGHT!

8/6/2012 11:44:53 PM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

machug59
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,465)
Fairfield, CA
55, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from grneyedluvr2:
women are always opening the door for me because my hands are full from CARRYING ALL HER SHIT SHE JUST BOUGHT!

Lookin for you!

8/7/2012 12:06:46 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  

stobil
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,177)
Gallatin, TN
34, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from iamalwaysjustme:
What book did you read this out of? Or maybe you saw this on a piece of junk mail you were delivering

I'll know it's junk mail when I see your face on it.

8/7/2012 12:09:24 AM Opening a door > DO's & DON'Ts > Chivalry? Rude? Male vs. Man  
doolangdoolang
Over 1,000 Posts (1,735)
Las Cruces, NM
95, joined Mar. 2012

Open the door, pay the tab...the darling is and will always be the woman.