Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames sex

They do not like it when you draw her to hold out. craigslist personals savannah ga There s also a unique ‘MatchPhone function that presents you a custom telephone quantity so you can get in touch with the website users. Of course, don t be a creep about it and possibly do not go out with the expectation of discovering accurate really like. bedpage new jersey Garrett, 29, says she and a lot of of her buddies have had unsavoury experiences while dating, which includes terrible vibes and feeling unsafe.

mega personal classified

The pressure occurs when you strategy a initial date that ends up going for three hours, she adds, which can open the door to awkward silences. san diego lesbian chat The actual dating app is just a segment of the official Facebook app. I attempted a handful of dating apps but no luck. sniffies seattle washington I am utilized to staying in the anonymity of hotels when I travel, and walking straight into a person else s life felt incredibly strange, with an uncanny intimacy about it.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/18/2012 12:58:24 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  

1sly
Over 1,000 Posts (1,875)
Pahrump, NV
57, joined Dec. 2008

~

I have over 500 dearly loved CDs that I would like to store on some kind of devise I can easily access.

Someone told me about the Logitech Squeezebox but I don't know.

Is there any devise that one can put ALL their music on and just type in what song, CD, ect... they want to hear?

I am so not a technical person so it needs to be easy.

Any knowledge is appreciated.

Sly

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/19/2012 5:50:15 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  
whysoserious08
Dallas, TX
33, joined Aug. 2011

Logitech Squeezebox is being discontinued.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57519226-221/logitech-leaves-squeezebox-fans-wondering-whats-next/

Are you trying to keep them in a device that you can carry with you?

Depending on your cash, and other hobbies, you might consider a laptop, a notebook, an iPod, an iPad, a tablet, or a smartphone.

12/19/2012 10:27:57 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  
idyllicsunset
New York, NY
36, joined Oct. 2012

Like the poster above pointed out, you can copy your cds onto your laptop or notebook. That process of copying them is known as "burning cds". After you burn them onto your laptop/notebook, you can:

1) transfer them to a portable device (e.g. an ipad, iphone, etc.).

or

2) Upload the music to a cloud service. I know that Amazon offers people 5gbs of free storage on their cloud service. Amazon provides an application for android phones and iphones. You can use the application to access your music at any time. All you need is an internet connection on your phone.

[Edited 12/19/2012 10:29:06 PM ]

12/28/2012 1:52:27 AM Need help on the best way to store my music  

1sly
Over 1,000 Posts (1,875)
Pahrump, NV
57, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from whysoserious08:
Logitech Squeezebox is being discontinued.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57519226-221/logitech-leaves-squeezebox-fans-wondering-whats-next/

Are you trying to keep them in a device that you can carry with you?

Depending on your cash, and other hobbies, you might consider a laptop, a notebook, an iPod, an iPad, a tablet, or a smartphone.

No, I don't need them on a device to carry with me. I'd just like to have them where I don't need to get them in & out of the album books when I want to play them.

Seems like there should be a computer built just for music like a technical jukebox for the home.

About 7 years ago I got a computer & surround-sound just for my music but it was clear that there wasn't going to be enough room on it so it's just been sitting around.

Then I started to put it on an external hard drive but stopped because I can't help but believe that there has to be something just for music & I wish it would show the CD covers too & maybe the lyrics.

Thank you,
Sly

12/29/2012 7:03:51 AM Need help on the best way to store my music  

afunniteout
Houston, TX
33, joined Dec. 2007

First off how big is your computer hard drive, and how much space is available? Also what operating system are you using?

I generally use windows media player to rip CDs to mp3. Each song should take up roughly 1M/minute of the song if ripped at 128 bit rate(usually the default setting). The program downloads the info and cover art automatically. You can change settings so the artist/album/track settings suit you. I have mine set to make an artist folder then album folder and have the track no. listed before the track title in the file name. This makes it easier to navigate through the various albums. The software is fairly easy to use but others might recommend different software. Depending on the amount of drive space available you may need another drive. I also recommend backing up your music by burning the files to either DVD or cd disks(assuming you have the proper disc drives) in case your hard drive crashes.

I hope this helps.

12/29/2012 11:11:51 AM Need help on the best way to store my music  

cachehiker
Over 1,000 Posts (1,626)
Hyde Park, UT
51, joined Oct. 2007

500 cd's will take up something like 24MB of space after ripping them to an mp3 format. This is the format I use on my portables. You can then copy them to an SD card or USB flash drive and play them on almost any computer. Many newer car and home audio receivers feature SD card readers and/or USB ports and can also be used to play them.

On my music server I rip CD's to the flac format which offers better fidelity. 500 CD's will take up around 120MB in this format so it requires a hard drive. I don't worry about the fidelity difference in the car or the office or anywhere else with poor acoustics and/or cheap amplifiers/speakers. However, the difference is pretty obvious when I play them through the old school JVC receiver and Pioneer 4-way towers in my living room.

The flac format can also decompressed back into the original cdfs format without any loss of fidelity whereas mp3 cannot as it is a lossy compression scheme. OTOH, the mp3 format is supported by virtually all portable devices nowadays whereas the flac format generally requires a computer and compatible player.

[Edited 12/29/2012 11:13:46 AM ]

12/30/2012 8:31:01 AM Need help on the best way to store my music  

hopeguz3
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,496)
Canton, GA
22, joined Feb. 2011

Get a ipod nano 4th gen
If you like the clickwheel that's the one for you
It's average size, but it works wonders, it fits tons of songs
And you can find pretty good ones on eBay

1/3/2013 11:43:55 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  

1sly
Over 1,000 Posts (1,875)
Pahrump, NV
57, joined Dec. 2008

~
Thank you everyone for your imput!

Quote from cachehiker:
500 cd's will take up something like 24MB of space after ripping them to an mp3 format. This is the format I use on my portables. You can then copy them to an SD card or USB flash drive and play them on almost any computer. Many newer car and home audio receivers feature SD card readers and/or USB ports and can also be used to play them.

On my music server I rip CD's to the flac format which offers better fidelity. 500 CD's will take up around 120MB in this format so it requires a hard drive. I don't worry about the fidelity difference in the car or the office or anywhere else with poor acoustics and/or cheap amplifiers/speakers. However, the difference is pretty obvious when I play them through the old school JVC receiver and Pioneer 4-way towers in my living room.

The flac format can also decompressed back into the original cdfs format without any loss of fidelity whereas mp3 cannot as it is a lossy compression scheme. OTOH, the mp3 format is supported by virtually all portable devices nowadays whereas the flac format generally requires a computer and compatible player.

Ok, I actually know what a flash drive thing is & what it can do & think that might be the best way to go.

If I ordered the Kingston USB 32GB Flash drive (looking at them online now) is there a way I can just put the CD in the DVD/CD/Burner thingy on my laptop & simply drag the files over to the flash drive or will I have to burn/rip ever single one?

Also, up to 1/2 of all my music songs are much longer then the 2-1/2 to 3 minute radio play time songs, playing anywhere from 6 to 11 minute songs.

Again, thank you for your time.

Sly

1/4/2013 2:50:33 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  

cachehiker
Over 1,000 Posts (1,626)
Hyde Park, UT
51, joined Oct. 2007

Quote from 1sly:
If I ordered the Kingston USB 32GB Flash drive (looking at them online now) is there a way I can just put the CD in the DVD/CD/Burner thingy on my laptop & simply drag the files over to the flash drive or will I have to burn/rip ever single one?

Get ready for some tedium. I think I did 15 CD's per night for about a month. OTOH, consider it time to refamiliarize yourself with some of the music you haven't listened to in a while.

Windows Media Player (or whatever program is configured to start on your system) should start when you insert the first CD. Stop the music playing, find and select rip CD, and give it about 15 minutes. You may have to find and fiddle around with "Update Info..." for some lesser known releases. The music will be stored on the local drive under My Music and can be moved or copied from there over to the flash drive.

1/5/2013 9:47:34 AM Need help on the best way to store my music  
inkloveviolence
Los Angeles, CA
37, joined Jul. 2012

I'm really surprised no one's mentioned Google's Play. It's free, it's great storage, it's secure, and it's thoughtless. Once you install the uploader on your computer it pulls the music into the cloud and voila. Once the music has been uploaded you can delete the content from your computer.

Now, outside of the iphone, you can access the music using a smart phone rather nicely. It works with Linux, too, which is a plus.

Maybe not for you.

But it is for me.

It's free, too.

Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/

HTH,
Ink`

1/5/2013 11:19:01 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
32, joined May. 2012

If it was me I'd just put them on an external hard drive and access them with my computer

1/6/2013 8:23:10 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  

sky_pilot42
Lexington, MI
61, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from inkloveviolence:
I'm really surprised no one's mentioned Google's Play. It's free, it's great storage, it's secure, and it's thoughtless. Once you install the uploader on your computer it pulls the music into the cloud and voila. Once the music has been uploaded you can delete the content from your computer.

Good Call!

1/7/2013 6:30:12 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  
inkloveviolence
Los Angeles, CA
37, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from sky_pilot42:
Good Call!

Thanks kindly!

Ink`

1/7/2013 7:03:37 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  
drpgreendragon1
Bakersfield, CA
31, joined Nov. 2012

XBOX 360 simple Games & music at the same time

[Edited 1/7/2013 7:05:12 PM ]

1/8/2013 5:59:03 AM Need help on the best way to store my music  

rivas01
Over 2,000 Posts (2,316)
York, PA
54, joined Apr. 2009

Quote from afunniteout:

I generally use windows media player to rip CDs to mp3. Each song should take up roughly 1M/minute of the song if ripped at 128 bit rate(usually the default setting). The program downloads the info and cover art automatically. You can change settings so the artist/album/track settings suit you. I have mine set to make an artist folder then album folder and have the track no. listed before the track title in the file name. This makes it easier to navigate through the various albums. The software is fairly easy to use but others might recommend different software. Depending on the amount of drive space available you may need another drive. I also recommend backing up your music by burning the files to either DVD or cd disks(assuming you have the proper disc drives) in case your hard drive crashs
I agree, but I also have an external hard drive where I store my music and movies.
I still have maybe five folders of CDs and DVDs in a mp3 format. Anyone one CD has 150 songs stored and almost three times as that on a DVD. Its still my back up. Just in cast my portable drive no longer works.

1/8/2013 8:23:51 AM Need help on the best way to store my music  
inkloveviolence
Los Angeles, CA
37, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from drpgreendragon1:
XBOX 360 simple Games & music at the same time

Read below - the comments will be the same.

Quote from rivas01:
I also have an external hard drive where I store my music and movies.

Its still my back up. Just in cast my portable drive no longer works.

The only problem I have with this (and I'll grant you it's my problem, and not yours!) is that the HD in the xbox, and the pHD will need to be replaced. The xbox HD (the newer ones are SSD, right?) is old, and outdated and will need to be replaced sooner than a pHD. Let's assume the pHD has a firewire - it'll last a bit longer tech-wise, but even now many computers are shipping out with USB3 instead of the firewire. I suppose USB2 will stick around for a bit longer - we didn't get rid of the first gen for at least 5 years.

I have a pSSD that I keep movies on. I realize this is contrary to what I just said, BUT! But they're also on a cloud service. The pSSD is just for me to access the movies when I'm not in range of the net (like this is possible anymore).

While clouds certainly aren't the answer to everything, they increase your probability of successfully storing your digitals a bit longer. Clouds are less prone to being stole, breaking, or lost.

If someone stole my music, I'd chew is kneecaps off.

Ink`

1/9/2013 1:16:05 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
32, joined May. 2012

Couldn't you just rewire a different style connector or buy an addaptor say fire wire to USB?

1/10/2013 7:48:08 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  
inkloveviolence
Los Angeles, CA
37, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from bradm29:
Couldn't you just rewire a different style connector or buy an addaptor say fire wire to USB?

No.

I suppose you could rig it... well, I could. It would depend on what type of FW you had. Fiber optic would be ...tricky.

The simple answer is no. While the USB and Firewire are comparable, the firewire was meant for direct, real time, *isochronous* data transmission. The USB was not. You'll also not that the USB just transitioned to USB3. Nine pins! The firewire was an Apple child that, as is typically for THOSE kind of people, has not been updated since 2006. The tech is blah, really, especially given the new NINE PIN connection...

You could certainly invent your own type of connection ("just rewire a different style connector"), but why? The Cloud is out there.

See... this is why I'm on this bloody site. Guys get me talking about tech and I just babble on for HOURS (long after they've left and I haven't realised it because I'm still babbling). They especially don't like it when I correct them.

Ink`

1/10/2013 10:50:42 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  

timdysart
Tulare, CA
37, joined Jan. 2013

I use iTunes to rip and archive my music. You can change the setting to get the file type or quality you need. The next thing would be storage. You will need a computer with a large hard drive or you cand add a new hard drive to and old computer. I'm storing my music and movies on a nas server (network attached storage) and share any files on it on my wifi or over the net. You can get nas servers at best buy amazon

http://amzn.com/B003STVG80

1/11/2013 1:16:43 AM Need help on the best way to store my music  
bradm29
Grand Junction, CO
32, joined May. 2012

Quote from inkloveviolence:
No.

I suppose you could rig it... well, I could. It would depend on what type of FW you had. Fiber optic would be ...tricky.

The simple answer is no. While the USB and Firewire are comparable, the firewire was meant for direct, real time, *isochronous* data transmission. The USB was not. You'll also not that the USB just transitioned to USB3. Nine pins! The firewire was an Apple child that, as is typically for THOSE kind of people, has not been updated since 2006. The tech is blah, really, especially given the new NINE PIN connection...

You could certainly invent your own type of connection ("just rewire a different style connector"), but why? The Cloud is out there.

See... this is why I'm on this bloody site. Guys get me talking about tech and I just babble on for HOURS (long after they've left and I haven't realised it because I'm still babbling). They especially don't like it when I correct them.

Ink`

Lol I have no problem being corrected lol if I understand you correctly assuming your Fw is not fiberoptic it can be done its just not an optimal solution. Thanks for your post I wasn't aware it was that difficult to rewire those two difernt connections together as more offten than not its not something that's all that difficult to do

1/18/2013 10:36:36 PM Need help on the best way to store my music  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (136,458)
Assumption, IL
65, joined May. 2010

A secure off-site "file cabinet".