Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personnel

These messages also tend to get the lowest response rate. meet gay men san francisco The black guys on the web sites inform me they want white females! I am an intelligent, articulate, honest, independent lady. It does not actually matterwhatbooks he s into, as long as he has an answer that isn t, Um…I don t read . where to pick up chicks in toronto So, here is a list of 100 — yes, one hundred — inquiries that you can select from to ask every other on your next dinner out.

usasexguide com

Your lawyer will be driving a new BMW or Mercedes thanks to your tiny head. craigslist springville al I found out a handful of days later he had decided he was no longer into girls. We all have versions of ourselves with various folks. what is dl mean on craigslist It can also make the initially date a bit far more relaxing — immediately after all, you currently know that you can chat without awkwardness.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

6/13/2008 6:57:07 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  

808_sm
Honolulu, HI

Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar? I mean the type of person who believes their stories even though they are a flat out lie. They don’t have both oars in the water, but their lies aren’t hurtful, more amusing than anything, but it is a mental problem, and they do have a big heart. You feel sorry for them and feel like they just need a friend.

Beside running away from them as an answer has anyone ever dealt with someone like this? Do you just listen to their stories and let them go in one ear and out the other or is there a way of helping them?

6/13/2008 6:58:53 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  
ldt
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,210)
Houma, LA

oh, do you know my ex?

those darn white lies and believed everyone he told....

6/13/2008 7:01:01 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  

lillibet
Over 2,000 Posts (3,464)
New South Wales
Australia

I had a relationship with a chronic liar...He lied all the time it became very abusive lying so in the end i walked..No he didnt have a mental problem just a no hoper who resented others in this world who made something of themselves and their lives.

6/13/2008 7:03:44 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  

lillibet
Over 2,000 Posts (3,464)
New South Wales
Australia

The reality in this world is you cannot help a person unless they want to help themselves...That goes for all kinds of things..The very first steps to help has to come from within...Sometimes self preservation is the only answer hence that is why I had to walk away.

6/13/2008 7:08:16 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  
ocean_spray
Maricopa, AZ

Yep... after the fact.....Sea

6/13/2008 7:08:48 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  

drumrman
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,005)
Las Cruces, NM

prety much every x was a liar. i coulod never get an honest answer from them. that is...until it was too late.

6/13/2008 7:27:11 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  
sweetbabeblues
Over 2,000 Posts (2,651)
Hannibal, MO

You bet.....

And every story he told got a little different each time, to where he had no clue what the first one was all about...
He told us all his X wife was in a bad accident Christmas eve and lost both legs, and he even bought her new ones... Funny when we saw her she was just fine a few days later..
A true Christmas Miracle I guess....
He told everyone we dated and were best friends in school,and about all the trouble we used to get into too... But funny thing was he was several years younger than me, went to school in Missouri, me in Illinois....
Then he also said he had several heart surgerys, but oh funny...no scar....lmao...
Or how about he won the lottery, but come to find out he embezeled money from the company he worked for...
Yep...they ran his butt of of Missouri and last I knew he was living in Texas.....
His nickname fit him well.........Fast talker, and fast with the lies.....
There were times I just wanted to smack him and say shut the f**k up.....

[Edited 6/13/2008 7:28:48 PM PST]

6/13/2008 7:39:34 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  
bellamente
Over 1,000 Posts (1,308)
Binghamton, NY

they are not called chronological liars, they are called pathalogical liars.....

6/13/2008 7:40:37 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  

klassyklown
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,450)
Bakersfield, CA

Do you ever call them on their lies. I would think it would be much harder to lie if your lies are pointed out immediately.

6/13/2008 7:40:52 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  

ladyeden
Waynesville, MO

Yep, my sister. They take what ever they wish to be true or the flip side, change what they wish wasn't and actually seem to talk themselves into it. It becomes thier reality. Hard to read them as lying because by that time, in thier mind they aren't - it's gospel as they remember it.

You can't hold liars close to you, you know you can't trust them. IF you choose/must keep them around, have to do it at arms length and keep uninvested. As some one has said, you cannot "FIX" other people. Not only is it not your job but it's impossible.
You can have a nonconfrontational, matter of fact, face to face explaining why you are going to have to distance yourself from them. Often they aren't even aware they are doing it. It might inspire them to address thier problem - but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry.

6/13/2008 7:46:32 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  
justforums
Over 2,000 Posts (3,334)
Killeen, TX

Quote from bellamente:
they are not called chronological liars, they are called pathalogical liars.....

They could be called chronological liars if they told all thier lies in order, LOL

6/13/2008 7:47:34 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  
justforums
Over 2,000 Posts (3,334)
Killeen, TX

I have a family member who seems to live in his own little world where he is important and rich.

6/13/2008 7:52:58 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  

808_sm
Honolulu, HI

Quote from klassyklown:
Do you ever call them on their lies. I would think it would be much harder to lie if your lies are pointed out immediately.

That is a good question, I have and she goes in to all kinds of new stories to try to prove the lie. How do you tell someone who may or may not graduate from high school, that there is no was she is a lawyer.

Wait...here a better story. She once met me at a club the night her son died. When I asked her about the son and asked how can she be hanging out, she started to cry and said I was right and left the club.

She has no children and never did.

I guess I just learn to do serious selective listening when it comes to her. Just wondering if I should be handling this differently.

[Edited 6/13/2008 7:54:31 PM PST]

6/13/2008 7:53:14 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  
sweetbabeblues
Over 2,000 Posts (2,651)
Hannibal, MO

Quote from klassyklown:

I even showed my diplonma to friends he kept telling the lie about us beeing in school together, and he still said we had been and the one I had was a fake.
Also one of the guys got fed up and ripped his shirt open to prove he had no scars on his chest from open heart surgery.
But the going thing was when a bunch of the guys got together and beat the crap out of him when the money come up missing... He was at the bar I worked at with two black eyes,and tried to say the boom from a backhoe caught him in the face...We laughed our asses off at that one...
He actualy wooed a female in and she married him, but she filled for divorve less than a month after they were married...He had tried to tell her "he" owned the company, which was a construction company. All he did was drive a dump truck...
ANd no matter what lie he told...he always "swore to God" he was telling the truth....

[Edited 6/13/2008 7:54:28 PM PST]

6/13/2008 7:57:36 PM Has anyone ever dealt with a chronic liar?  

808_sm
Honolulu, HI

Quote from sweetbabeblues:
Quote from klassyklown:

I even showed my diplonma to friends he kept telling the lie about us beeing in school together, and he still said we had been and the one I had was a fake.
Also one of the guys got fed up and ripped his shirt open to prove he had no scars on his chest from open heart surgery.
But the going thing was when a bunch of the guys got together and beat the crap out of him when the money come up missing... He was at the bar I worked at with two black eyes,and tried to say the boom from a backhoe caught him in the face...We laughed our asses off at that one...
He actualy wooed a female in and she married him, but she filled for divorve less than a month after they were married...He had tried to tell her "he" owned the company, which was a construction company. All he did was drive a dump truck...
ANd no matter what lie he told...he always "swore to God" he was telling the truth....

It sounds exactly like the person I know except for the stealing. She has a big heart loves kids and is pretty sweet person, just has the craziest stories I have ever heard and she will never ever admit she made them up.

[Edited 6/13/2008 7:58:01 PM PST]