Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal reviews

Men and women ordinarily have a story about why they do not eat particular foods. denver free dating services Some folks uncover that it s significant to retain their own friendships although in a relationship, even though other people don t want to invest their social time apart. Once the matter is reported, the EBT card will be deactivated so the added benefits can not be utilized by any individual else. pof priority message Open ended queries let the other particular person to express their correct, genuine self, says Courtney Tracy, LCSW, PsyD, a therapist and partnership expert.

hookup apps for over 50

I was as well heart broken that I was attempting to appear for a hook up from Tinder pondering points like what ever, just f it off . craigslist ocala personal All parts of our dating service are 100% entirely totally free, like the absolutely free on the internet connection assistance offered by our forum and its members. We laughed, shared more about our lives, and talked about how sad we each were that I was leaving the next morning . go invisible on zoosk Have a appear at these ice breaker questions for tinder, bumble, or any other dating apps.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/4/2013 3:22:24 PM Was Jesus Divine?  
nadia7070
Litchfield, ME
48, joined Dec. 2010

I had a good discussion with my colleague today regarding the divinity of Jesus.

He mentioned few things about some scholar called Leigh Teabing.
Teabing said, "many aspects of Christianity were debated at the Council of Nicaea in A.D. 325 and voted on – the date of Easter, the role of the bishops, the administration of sacraments, and, of course, the divinity of Jesus."

Teabing continued "until that moment in history, Jesus was viewed by His followers as a mortal prophet a great and powerful man, but a man nonetheless. A mortal."
He declared "his followers never viewed Jesus as GOD or Son of GOD".

Teabing continue to say " Jesus establishment as the Son of God was officially proposed and voted on by the Council of Nicaea".

It seems to me a lot of Christianity rituals have been adapted after the council of Nicaea in AD 325.

What say you?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/4/2013 4:55:43 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,159)
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Jesus was mortal man of great understanding and according to the writings,
Jesus had to endue the same things we do and it also says; Jesus had to learn
obedience unto God, as it also says; He was God like.
The spirit of Jesus was with God fron the beginning and so was every other spirit,
as the writings say, all spirit came from God and all spirit shall return to God,
just as it was for Jesus, it is for us all as well, according to the writings.
So what part of Jesus was divine ? His spirit but His flesh was mortal, just as it
is for all. His spirit was not of this world but His flesh was, just as it is for all.
This is based on the writings themselves.

1/4/2013 5:10:59 PM Was Jesus Divine?  
chrisbrz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,780)
Wilmette, IL
40, joined May. 2011

This a great topic .
I really hope plenty of people will weigh in on this.
It seems that most of modernity wants to conveniently blow right past the period between Jesus's death and the 5th century.

I think that this is a time one should look at most closely and flesh out what christianity really means.
If its from the divine as most christians believe in modern era.
Then it would have been true in 100 AD, 200 AD, 300 AD, 400 AD, and so forth up until this day.

But up until the councils and translations and setting of canon and so forth, they were many voices that held differences, it was a much different religion according to many historians. Without being very knowledgeable of the forming, the dissent, the discarded books, I don't see how one could be much of a judge on the voracity of the modern tradition, the teachings, the texts and so forth.

They were problems as early as the 2nd century with Justin Martyr being unable to adequately explain why so much of the NT is similar to earlier Greek mythology, such as the virgin birth, turning water to wine, crucifiction and a third day resurrection, etc.etc.

To me those issues don't fade with time.
If its a truth, its not vulnerable to time.
Another troubling aspect is the change in the gospels from the first to the last chronologically.
From Mark to John a very different Jesus emerges scholars point out.
Also interestingly , some of the Nicaea participants weren't even monotheistic.

Too much of this has been skipped over by the modern age.
You can't build on a faulty corner or the house will have problemas..

1/5/2013 10:28:07 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
nadia7070
Litchfield, ME
48, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from clarencec:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Da_Vinci_Code_characters#Sir_Leigh_Teabing

Oh I see. Your quote is actual dialogue from the DaVinci Code.

I didn't even go that far to check the source or the name (Leigh Teabing), but still it doesn't change the fact that, Constantine called the Council of Nicaea with the purpose of settling Christianity controversies. Two of the issues were "the divinity of Jesus" and "Trinity".

Jesus divinity is a valid issue that needs to be debated.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/council_of_nicaea_nicea_325.htm

1/5/2013 10:40:49 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from nadia7070:
I didn't even go that far to check the source or the name (Leigh Teabing), but still it doesn't change the fact that, Constantine called the Council of Nicaea with the purpose of settling Christianity controversies. Two of the issues were "the divinity of Jesus" and "Trinity".

Jesus divinity is a valid issue that needs to be debated.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/council_of_nicaea_nicea_325.htm

One part of Jesus was divine and one part of Jesus was not divine.
So what's left to debate ?

1/5/2013 11:02:10 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from jazzychick:
Yeshua/Jesus is YHVH God of Abraham, Issac and Israel!

I am sure if he was GOD he wouldn't say those words below.

New International Version (©1984)
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

1/5/2013 11:05:47 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,280)
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

I don't think Jesus was Divine. They don't even look alike.

1/5/2013 11:08:23 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

For those who believe, Jesus divinity may not be the issue to debate. But for scholars and historians, it will always be an interesting issue. Speak for myself, I just don't accept Jesus was divine. In many occasions, he quoted saying ; he received all the powers and ability from from the one who sent him.

1/5/2013 11:18:51 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from someface:
I am sure if he was GOD he wouldn't say those words below.

New International Version (©1984)
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

The answer to this topic is easy to understand and the answer is clear.
Why do you call Me good ?
No one is good except God the Father.
No one has ever heard the voice of God the Father at anytime but Christ.
No one except Christ has ever seen God the Father in form.
Jesus is subject to God the Father.
Jesus does nothing of a will of His own.
Jesus came in the name of God the Father.
The words Jesus spoke, were not His own.
All the above is written in the writings, as the
list is even longer, so why is this so hard to understand ?
Because people say they believe the writings but it is clear
they don't. As the answer is clear according to the writings.

1/5/2013 11:25:24 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

No one knows anything much about Jesus because the stories are fiction. None of the gospel writers knew him personally nor does anyone know who the gospel writers themselves were. Total tenability f**k up.

Mental illness, as always with the fanatical religious, will manufacture "facts" about Jesus none of which have any credible source other than their own delusions.

1/5/2013 11:25:44 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from allen281:
The answer to this topic is easy to

No one has ever heard the voice of God the Father at anytime but Christ.

You are confusing me.

What about Moses?
Exodus 33:11

Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent.

1/5/2013 11:32:07 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from someface:
You are confusing me.

What about Moses?

Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent.

Not only did Moses hear God's voice through a burning bush he also saw God's hand and buttocks. God has an a** apparently and even made one speak.

Exodus 33: 23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

[Edited 1/5/2013 11:32:33 AM ]

1/5/2013 12:05:52 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from someface:
You are confusing me.

What about Moses?

Exodus 33-11 is the wrong place to start, therefore you are taking Exodus 33:11 out
of context and i have had this debate before and for many years and everyone i have
heard, always takes this out of context, instead of reading and seeing what they need
to see.
If you would like to see it correctly, i can provide the proof from the writings
themselves.

1/5/2013 12:12:53 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

God spoke to Samuel

1 Samuel 3

3 The boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli. In those days the word of the Lord was rare; there were not many visions.

2 One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. 3 The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was. 4 Then the Lord called Samuel.

Samuel answered, “Here I am.” 5 And he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”

Allen,
if you're going to believe in fairy tales at least get them right.

1/5/2013 12:18:36 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from jazzychick:
Maybe your unbelief simply lies in your interpretation of that verse!

I don't think there's hidden agenda behind that verse. Is very simple verse with no contradictions. Unless if you have better explanation to me. I'll be waiting to hear your view.

[Edited 1/5/2013 12:20:21 PM ]

1/5/2013 12:21:47 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from allen281:
Exodus 33-11 is the wrong place to start, therefore you are taking Exodus 33:11 out
of context and i have had this debate before and for many years and everyone i have
heard, always takes this out of context, instead of reading and seeing what they need
to see.

Allen, so you believe Moses didn't speak to GOD?

1/5/2013 12:29:22 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Not only did Moses hear God's voice through a burning bush he also saw God's hand and buttocks. God has an a** apparently and even made one speak.

Exodus 33: 23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

You are lost in understanding, as you read it incorrectly
but that's your choice.

1/5/2013 12:31:20 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from allen281:
You are lost in understanding, as you read it incorrectly
but that's your choice.

Maybe you're too ignorant to know what the words speak or spoke mean or back parts or front parts, etc. Well you've admitted that. Are you home skooled?

[Edited 1/5/2013 12:32:12 PM ]

1/5/2013 12:33:12 PM Was Jesus Divine?  
bombasticone
Over 2,000 Posts (3,420)
Saint Albans, NY
22, joined Jul. 2012

-_- stupid threads these days

1/5/2013 12:35:19 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from someface:
Allen, so you believe Moses didn't speak to GOD?

No Moses did not speak to God directly and i can prove that with the writings themselves.
Not my words but the words written in the writings.

1/5/2013 12:38:12 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Maybe you're too ignorant to know what the words speak or spoke mean or back parts or front parts, etc. Well you've admitted that. Are you home skooled?

No my friend i am not home schooled, you just are taking passages out of context
and as i have said, i can use what is written in the writing and back up what
i have stated.

1/5/2013 12:45:15 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from allen281:
No Moses did not speak to God directly and i can prove that with the writings themselves.

Allen, I don't want to go into argument, but WE WILL have to disagree.

Your comment make all these verses below invalid..

Mount Horeb, (burning bush, Exodus 3:1-15; 4:1-17)
Egypt (commissions from God and given miraculous abilities, Ex 4:20,21 etc)
banks if Nile river (plagues on Egypt, Ex 7:19 etc)
Red Sea (the exodus, Ex 14, Ex 15:22)
various places in the wilderness of the Sinai Peninsula (e.g. Ex 17)
Mount Sinai (ten commandment and other laws: Ex 19 etc)

1/5/2013 1:13:17 PM Was Jesus Divine?  
chrisbrz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,780)
Wilmette, IL
40, joined May. 2011

Allens comment is confusing as I've always been under the impression that Jews, Christians and Muslims alike believed that their God instructed Moses on how to receive the Law?

How would Moses have received the commandments without communicating with his God?

Either way its interesting but not strictly to the topic of whether Jesus was divine or not.

My question for the believers in the divinity of Jesus is one regarding the 4 gospels.
Can you see a difference from Mark to John?
I've heard some very impressive scholars argue that in Mark we have a Jesus presented who isn't necessarily a divine figure. And that its only later in the three gospels that follow with John being the latest, that Jesus is put forward as the divine, resurrecting, ascending son of man?

Restated ,
The question to christians is -
Do you see this progression in the writings and agree that the Jesus in Mark is not presented as a divine figure til the later gospels?

Its not a trick question, or a gotcha question as Palin puts it lol.
Just curious on Christians thoughts about what those scholars are saying. I've heard and read this point from both Bishop Sponge, Dr.Ehrman and a few others.

1/5/2013 2:07:35 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from jazzychick:
I'll be happy to share! Thanks for the opportunity

Mt 19:17 Yet *He said to him, "anyWhy are you asking Me concerning *good? One is *good. Yet if you are wanting to be entering into *life, keep the precepts."

Mk 10:18 Now Jesus said to him, "Why are you terming Me good? No one is good except One, God.
He did not say "I am not good." nor did He say "I am not God."

The question was "Good teacher, how much I enter eternal life?"
Jesus said...not denying anything...why do you call me good when there is only one good and that is God? Then He answered the guy's question. He accepted the description "Good teacher" and Good God. He was confirming His deity...He is God; He is good!

Thanks for response Miss Jazzy, we can agree to disagree.

This video explanation may bring some light with Greek translation.

1/5/2013 2:42:56 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,810)
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

Jesus was indeed divine. He was and is God Incarnate, both God and man. This was not something decided at the Council of Nicea--this is something that Christians believed from the very first days of Christianity.

I quote from Clement of Rome, the fourth pope, who reigned from a.d. 88-97, about 250 years before the Council of Nicea: "Brothers, we must think of Jesus Christ as of God--as the 'judge of the living and the dead.' "

Or this from St. Justin Martyr, who lived a.d. 100-165, about 200 years before the Council of Nicea: "We worship and love the Word who is from the unbegotten and ineffable God, since also He became man for our sakes, that, becoming a partaker in our sufferings, He might also bring us healing."

This from St. Ignatius of Antioch, who was martyred by being thrown to the lions circa 110 a.d.: "I give glory to Jesus Christ, the God who has imbued you with much wisdom."

And the words of the first chapter of John's Gospel, wherein John explains that in the beginning was the Word, and that the Word was with God, and the Word was God, and that the Word took flesh and became a man, in Jesus Christ.

And the words of Jesus Himself: "Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham was made, I am."

1/5/2013 3:37:47 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from someface:
Allen, I don't want to go into argument, but WE WILL have to disagree.

Your comment make all these verses below invalid..

Mount Horeb, (burning bush, Exodus 3:1-15; 4:1-17)
Egypt (commissions from God and given miraculous abilities, Ex 4:20,21 etc)
banks if Nile river (plagues on Egypt, Ex 7:19 etc)
Red Sea (the exodus, Ex 14, Ex 15:22)
various places in the wilderness of the Sinai Peninsula (e.g. Ex 17)
Mount Sinai (ten commandment and other laws: Ex 19 etc)

I have no need to get into an argument, it is just to share so all can see
it for themselves, it's in the writings and if someone believes the writings,
then they have to believe what is written, otherwise the writing is of no real
affect except for creating confussion.
All i have to do is post what is written and if you believe or don't believe it,
that's your choice.

Here is a short example of what was and what came to be.

In the early days, people believed that the Angel of the Lord was the visible
manifestation of God but after Jesus was born, their beliefs changed,
as they then believed that Jesus was the visible manifestation of God.

1/5/2013 3:42:56 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from chrisbrz:
Allens comment is confusing as I've always been under the impression that Jews, Christians and Muslims alike believed that their God instructed Moses on how to receive the Law?

How would Moses have received the commandments without communicating with his God?

Either way its interesting but not strictly to the topic of whether Jesus was divine or not.

My question for the believers in the divinity of Jesus is one regarding the 4 gospels.
Can you see a difference from Mark to John?
I've heard some very impressive scholars argue that in Mark we have a Jesus presented who isn't necessarily a divine figure. And that its only later in the three gospels that follow with John being the latest, that Jesus is put forward as the divine, resurrecting, ascending son of man?

Restated ,
The question to christians is -
Do you see this progression in the writings and agree that the Jesus in Mark is not presented as a divine figure til the later gospels?

Its not a trick question, or a gotcha question as Palin puts it lol.
Just curious on Christians thoughts about what those scholars are saying. I've heard and read this point from both Bishop Sponge, Dr.Ehrman and a few others.

Jesus was of a divine nature from the beginning, you just have to understand how
it was possible. And yes God did instruct Moses but not directly but indirectly.

1/5/2013 3:48:49 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

Trust me, there's no other way to this verse. It doesn't need no more twist.lol

Mark 10:17-22

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. .

The verse is clear like crystal, pastors and bishops will turn it around and twist it to ask questions. Did Jesus said he wasn't good, or did Jesus said he wasn't GOD.

If he was GOD, why question the man motive to call him good? Also make it clear that, no one is good accept good.

Another verse..

John 20:17

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

A GOD who has a GOD?

1/5/2013 3:53:58 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from someface:
Trust me, there's no other way to this verse. It doesn't need no more twist.lol

Mark 10:17-22

17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. .

The verse is clear like crystal, pastors and bishops will turn it around and twist it to ask questions. Did Jesus said he wasn't good, or did Jesus said he wasn't GOD.

If he was GOD, why question the man motive to call him good? Also make it clear that, no one is good accept good.

Another verse..

John 20:17

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

A GOD who has a GOD?

You are on the right path and i tried to give you a little more.

1/5/2013 4:00:30 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

someface
Over 1,000 Posts (1,594)
College Park, MD
43, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from allen281:

In the early days, people believed that the Angel of the Lord was the visible
manifestation of God but after Jesus was born, their beliefs changed,
as they then believed that Jesus was the visible manifestation of God.

Allen, did Jesus instruct people to worship him? I mean anywhere in the bible
with reference?

I don't agree with the GOD visible manifestation, but I know GOD's messengers represent GOD on earth for spreading the good word or directing people to the source.

At the same time, Children of Israel were considered to be gods. But not to be worshiped.

Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

1/5/2013 4:08:56 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Exodus 3-2
And the Angel of the Lord appeared to Moses in a flame of fire from the mist
of a bush. So Moses looked and behold the bush was burning with fire but the
bush was not consumed.
Note: Who was in the burning bush ? The Angel of the Lord not God Himself.
Exodus 33-23
Then I shall take away My hand and you shall see My back but My face shall
not be seen.
Note; Who's back side would Moses see ? The backside of the Angel of the Lord not God.
I did not write the writings but it's clear enough that a child could understand it.

1/5/2013 4:11:41 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from someface:
with reference?

I don't agree with the GOD visible manifestation, but I know GOD's messengers represent GOD on earth for spreading the good word or directing people to the source.

At the same time, Children of Israel were considered to be gods. But not to be worshiped.

Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34-35 read all these.

1/5/2013 4:28:46 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from someface:
with reference?

Did Jesus instruct people to worship Him in the writings ?
After many years of studies, i have found no such teaching
but what i did discover was that Jesus insturcted us to worship
God the Father and here is a passage i searched for many years,
John 16: 27-28
In that day you will ask in My name and I do not say to you that
I shall pray to God the Father for you, for the Father Himself loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from God the Father.
This is a real eye opener when seen correctly but you will hear no church i know of use
this passage, let alone try to explain it but it sure did open my eye's to a greater
understanding.

1/5/2013 8:21:41 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from jazzychick:
Jesus accepted worship...

Mt 2:2 saying, "Where is He *Who is |brought forth King of the Jews? For we perceived His *star in the East, and we came to worship Him."

Mt 2:8 And, _sending them into Bethlehem, he said, "Having gone, inquire accurately concerning the little Boy. Now if ever you may be finding Him, report to me, so that I' also, coming, should be worshiping Him."

Mt 15:8 This *people with *their lips is honoring Me, Yet their *heart is |away at a distance from Me.

Mt 15:9 Yet in vain are they revering~ Me, Teaching for teachings the directions of humanmen."

Mk 7:6 Yet He, answering, said to them that "Ideally prophesies Isaiah concerning you hypocrites, as it is written, that This people with their lips is honoring Me, Yet their heart is away at a distance from Me.

Mk 7:7 Yet in vain are they revering Me, Teaching for teachings the directions of men.

Yes you are right my dear lady, Jesus accepted worship but He did not teach that people
had to worship Him but to worship God the Father. As Jesus came in HIs Father's name, the words Jesus spoke was not His own but was the words His Father commanded Jesus to speak.
To pray toGod the Father, Jesus was all about HIs Father's business, Jesus had to learn obedience unto His Father.
Jesus was divine but yet a part of Him was earthy.
Love Jesus, love the God the Father because to love one another is the greatest of all.

1/5/2013 8:25:08 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

God the Father is my heavenly Father and Jesus is my heavenly brother.

1/5/2013 9:22:57 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Jesus didn't just accept worship. He demanded it as any delusional megalomaniac would. Christians are sick individuals.

Luke 14:
25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

1/5/2013 10:18:11 PM Was Jesus Divine?  

furchizedek
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,110)
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010
online now!

Quote from clarencec:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Da_Vinci_Code_characters#Sir_Leigh_Teabing

Oh I see. Your quote is actual dialogue from the DaVinci Code.

http://www.johnankerberg.org/Articles/historical-Jesus/DaVinci/PDF/Was-Jesus-Divinity-Invented-in-the-4th-Century.pdf

Dialogue from the DaVinci Code?

As far as, "He declared "his followers never viewed Jesus as GOD or Son of GOD", I would say I doubted that statement. Especially if it comes from a fictional "expert."

I believe Jesus was divine (and mortal) but this is sure a curious thread.

1/6/2013 3:32:45 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

mustangwriter
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,887)
Boerne, TX
54, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from nadia7070:

He declared "his followers never viewed Jesus as GOD or Son of GOD".
What say you?

I don't know about this Teabing guy...but when asked by Christ "Who am I?"
Peter exclaimed his testimony "You are the Messiah!"

Since Peter was a Jew... The Messianic message of the scriptures was very clear and Peter would've known we are all sons and daughters of God.

1/6/2013 4:30:03 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

sail_dancer
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,974)
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from jazzychick:
Jesus accepted worship...

Mt 2:2 saying, "Where is He *Who is |brought forth King of the Jews? For we perceived His *star in the East, and we came to worship Him."

Mt 2:8 And, _sending them into Bethlehem, he said, "Having gone, inquire accurately concerning the little Boy. Now if ever you may be finding Him, report to me, so that I' also, coming, should be worshiping Him."

Mt 15:8 This *people with *their lips is honoring Me, Yet their *heart is |away at a distance from Me.

Mt 15:9 Yet in vain are they revering~ Me, Teaching for teachings the directions of humanmen."

Mk 7:6 Yet He, answering, said to them that "Ideally prophesies Isaiah concerning you hypocrites, as it is written, that This people with their lips is honoring Me, Yet their heart is away at a distance from Me.

Mk 7:7 Yet in vain are they revering Me, Teaching for teachings the directions of men.

Nothing in the verses you selected indicates that Jesus accepted worship. You are reading things into these verses that are just not there.

Peace

1/6/2013 5:36:53 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
nadia7070
Litchfield, ME
48, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:

And the words of Jesus Himself: "Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham was made, I am."

I doubt if this scripture prove Jesus was alive before Abraham? 100 people can translate
the verse in different meaning.

I have read an interesting article regarding John 8:58

http://www.christadelphian-advocate.org/features/qbox/qbox18.html

1/6/2013 5:42:18 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
nadia7070
Litchfield, ME
48, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from mustangwriter:
I don't know about this Teabing guy...but when asked by Christ "Who am I?"
Peter exclaimed his testimony "You are the Messiah!"

Since Peter was a Jew... The Messianic message of the scriptures was very clear and Peter would've known we are all sons and daughters of God.

The question is; does Peter represent the Jews? Jews rejected Jesus as Messiah. Remember until today, Judaism view Jesus as one of a number of false messiahs who have appeared throughout history.

Was Peter right and every other Jew wrong?

1/6/2013 5:51:33 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from nadia7070:
The question is; does Peter represent the Jews? Jews rejected Jesus as Messiah. Remember until today, Judaism view Jesus as one of a number of false messiahs who have appeared throughout history.

Was Peter right and every other Jew wrong?

Christians believed so which is why Christians murdered non-Christians or wrong way Christians for over a 1000 years during the Crusades, Inquisitions, forcing Jews into ghettos, and murdering 6,000,000 during the Holocaust. And the mentality exists today as Christians have the gut wrenching wish to do it all over again. It does come true for Christians soldiers killing Muslims as a religious duty in places like Iraq and Afghanistan and other parts of the world were murder is unreported.

1/6/2013 6:01:14 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
nadia7070
Litchfield, ME
48, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Christians believed so which is why Christians murdered non-Christians or wrong way Christians for over a 1000 years during the Crusades, Inquisitions, forcing Jews into ghettos, and murdering 6,000,000 during the Holocaust. And the mentality exists today as Christians have the gut wrenching wish to do it all over again. It does come true for Christians soldiers killing Muslims as a religious duty in places like Iraq and Afghanistan and other parts of the world were murder is unreported.

I have read somewhere about U.S. Army Christian chaplains preaching to the soldiers to see the battlefields as their personal mission field to go and kill, and harvest souls of those that survived. Saying... the US soldiers in Afghanistan have a mission basically to carry out the work of God.

Good video about the story..

[Edited 1/6/2013 6:01:53 AM ]

1/6/2013 8:35:20 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from nadia7070:
I have read somewhere about U.S. Army Christian chaplains preaching to the soldiers to see the battlefields as their personal mission field to go and kill, and harvest souls of those that survived. Saying... the US soldiers in Afghanistan have a mission basically to carry out the work of God.

Good video about the story..

Thank you for the sickening video. I've seen it before. Greg Julian does put on a good show feigning ignorance so and isn't answerable of the problem he's lying about. This is the Christian way, to avoid personal responsibility and to lie which has even been encourage in parts of the Bible and by Martin Luther himself.

Paul says:
Romans 3:7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

and Martin Luther is more explicit about telling lies
"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church...a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them."
---------------------------

"Sin, even sin a lot - but never forget to sin joyfully."

That last one almost makes me want to like the guy but Martin Luther is a pre-Hitler Nazi as we can see from this:

In 1543 Martin Luther wrote "On Jews and their Lies"
I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them

There is no other explanation for this than the one cited earlier from Moses — namely, that God has struck the Jews with 'madness and blindness and confusion of mind.' So we are even at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and of the Christians which they shed for three hundred years after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them. Rather we allow them to live freely in our midst despite all their murdering, cursing, blaspheming, lying, and defaming; we protect and shield their synagogues, houses, life, and property. In this way we make them lazy and secure and encourage them to fleece us boldly of our money and goods, as well as to mock and deride us, with a view to finally overcoming us, killing us all for such a great sin, and robbing us of all our property (as they daily pray and hope). Now tell me whether they do not have every reason to be the enemies of us accursed Goyim, to curse us and to strive for our final, complete, and eternal ruin!

Here is another sickening video that shows Todd Nettleton who is the Director of Media Development for The Voice of the Martyrs, Southern Baptist Convention make excuses for causing people to die. So its not just proselytizing but getting them killed in the process.

PANORAMA No 641 of 24.06.2004
Topic: America's Holy Warriors - Christian missionaries in Iraq by J. Goetz and V. Steinhoff

Watch the whole thing but the segment starts at 2:00 to 2:55.

Todd Nettleton: Some Muslims become very angry. In an Islamic country, a person who converts to Christianity is a subject to be killed..

Interviewer: Wouldn't that mean that your activities can lead to people dying?

Todd Nettleton: Our activities can lead to people dying, and we understand that...but, the reality is an eternity with Christ in heaven is so far better than an eternity in hell that it is a good deal. It's a good decision, even if it results in physical punishment here on earth.

It should be clear these Christians are psychopaths and look for loopholes and ways to destroy other cultures without taking personal responsibility for their actions.

1/6/2013 9:25:27 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Jesus didn't just accept worship. He demanded it as any delusional megalomaniac would. Christians are sick individuals.

Luke 14:
25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

Luke was a doctor and where people get so confused in the book of Luke, the book
of Luke and many other books are not the inspired words of God but are the inspired
words of man or man's advice and when one come to see this fact, then it is very easy
to understand, so the teaching has been that every words in the bible is 100% the inspired
words of God, that's the biggest lie of all lies.
Sit under a teaching long enough that says; blue is green and sooner or later you
will believe blue is green, you therefore will believe what is a lie because blue
is still blue and green is still green.
75 % is the inspired words of man and 25 % is the inspired words of God and that's
truth but sit under a teaching that says, all writings are 100 % the inspired words of
God and sooner or later you believe the lie to be truth but it doesn't change the fact
that it's 75 % man and 25 % God.
The book of Luke is what it is, a man's advice.

1/6/2013 9:29:25 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from nadia7070:
I doubt if this scripture prove Jesus was alive before Abraham? 100 people can translate
the verse in different meaning.

I have read an interesting article regarding John 8:58

http://www.christadelphian-advocate.org/features/qbox/qbox18.html

Who is the ( I Am ) that's the misunderstanding because the ( I Am ) isn't
who people thinks it is.

1/6/2013 9:37:55 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from allen281:
Luke was a doctor and where people get so confused in the book of Luke, the book
of Luke and many other books are not the inspired words of God but are the inspired
words of man or man's advice and when one come to see this fact, then it is very easy
to understand, so the teaching has been that every words in the bible is 100% the inspired
words of God, that's the biggest lie of all lies.
Sit under a teaching long enough that says; blue is green and sooner or later you
will believe blue is green, you therefore will believe what is a lie because blue
is still blue and green is still green.
75 % is the inspired words of man and 25 % is the inspired words of God and that's
truth but sit under a teaching that says, all writings are 100 % the inspired words of
God and sooner or later you believe the lie to be truth but it doesn't change the fact
that it's 75 % man and 25 % God.
The book of Luke is what it is, a man's advice.

Who wrote Luke? Its unknown but all of the bible is man's work. I don't think there were women writers back then but I could be wrong. Book of Ruth? Did Ruth write Ruth? None of the gospel writers were witnesses of Jesus. No one who wrote about Jesus ever saw him. So did Jesus say "hate" or anything else the bibles says he said? They're all unreliable sources and we're not even counting the other dozen or so gospels that were written about Jesus. Fact is, a man named Jesus might have existed. Many had the name Jesus. Many men who were anointed(christs) have existed. Its just oil. Nothing in the bible is reliable as historical fact with actual quotes. Another fact, Luke 25:14 doe use the word "hate" and Christians are gullible and ignorant people by virtue of hyper-religious psychology of blind faith. Jesus says to hate yourself too and many Christians do out of guilt, ignorance and fear.

[Edited 1/6/2013 9:39:19 AM ]

1/6/2013 9:50:13 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Who wrote Luke? Its unknown but all of the bible is man's work. I don't think there were women writers back then but I could be wrong. Book of Ruth? Did Ruth write Ruth? None of the gospel writers were witnesses of Jesus. No one who wrote about Jesus ever saw him. So did Jesus say "hate" or anything else the bibles says he said? They're all unreliable sources and we're not even counting the other dozen or so gospels that were written about Jesus. Fact is, a man named Jesus might have existed. Many had the name Jesus. Many men who were anointed(christs) have existed. Its just oil. Nothing in the bible is reliable as historical fact with actual quotes. Another fact, Luke 25:14 doe use the word "hate" and Christians are gullible and ignorant people by virtue of hyper-religious psychology of blind faith. Jesus says to hate yourself too and many Christians do out of guilt, ignorance and fear.

According to the writings, the greatest of all is to love one another and if i love
all, how can i hate anyone or if a man hates himself that is even worse.
So it says to love one another and then we are to hate our mother and father and ourseleves,
where is the love in this hate ? There would be none.
So i don't follow the book of Luke because it teaches hate not love and that's another
reason why the book of Luke is not the inspired words of God.
How can God be a God of love and a God of hate at the same time ?
If it were so, then God would be divided against Himself and God would no longer
be God.

1/6/2013 10:01:07 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Either way, your god of love or god of hate is an imaginary god. The religious fanatic will kill out of love for their imaginary god and many openly admit they would. This is the love of a psychopath and religions of Abraham provides a welcome home for the psychopath.

1/6/2013 10:11:28 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
regina6219
Hillsville, VA
52, joined Jan. 2013

Yes. How people take God is according to their understanding and can lead to tragic actions or events. Not all know the creator and make him out to what they think he is and interperate the Bible without knowledge. Few understand God.

1/6/2013 10:21:50 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from regina6219:
Yes. How people take God is according to their understanding and can lead to tragic actions or events. Not all know the creator and make him out to what they think he is and interperate the Bible without knowledge. Few understand God.

What creator does anyone know? You're imagining a god just like everyone else. There is no fact, data, verifiable evidence, objective reality of any creator. What you have instead are the delusional religious confabulating a false reality (fantasy, hallucination) and that is compatible to and symptomatic of psychological disorders.

[Edited 1/6/2013 10:23:33 AM ]

1/6/2013 10:31:29 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
regina6219
Hillsville, VA
52, joined Jan. 2013

Well, it may be considered to the worlds knowledge. However, I think I know alittle more than most so called religious God serving people. Most of them take religion however they think and alot of bad things come from it. God is not even included. Just his name used.

[Edited 1/6/2013 10:32:07 AM ]

1/6/2013 10:31:51 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Either way, your god of love or god of hate is an imaginary god. The religious fanatic will kill out of love for their imaginary god and many openly admit they would. This is the love of a psychopath and religions of Abraham provides a welcome home for the psychopath.

First of all religion is a tradition and the tradition of some is to kill even
out of love, that in itself is a red flag because love kills no one but hate
does kill. I follow no such religion or any other kind of religion, as religions
are traditions and Jesus said unto them; because you live by your traditions, the
words of God is of no affect.

1. Traditions became a religion, they are one and the same.
2. Jesus said because you live by your traditions/religions the words of God is
of no effect, so Jesus spoke against religions/traditions and Jesus broke many
of these traditions/religions ways because they are the ways of the world.
3. Traditions/religions are man's ways but righteousness is Gods way and i can
assure you that righteousness is not a tradition/religion.
4. Jesus said; you speak of righteousness but you practice lawlessness,
traditions/religions are lawlessness not righteousness but man
takes traditions/religions/righteousness and mixes them together and that gave
life to a greater level of confusion.
As true righteousness has no division in it but traditions/religions does have
division, there is a big difference.
Traditions/religions/Love/Hate = mans ways
Righteousness/Love = Gods way

1/6/2013 10:52:10 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Allen
we already know how religion has caused you to suffer intellectual and other dysfunction and your hyper-religiosity is obsessive compulsive. You have made no study of the mind and don't know what motivates people or their symptoms. Both love and hate in the psychopath allows them to kill just as an idea, religious or otherwise would. Hyper-religiosity is a symptom of various mental disorders. Where is the love for mental health? Its not there.

1/6/2013 11:10:38 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
regina6219
Hillsville, VA
52, joined Jan. 2013

Iyam knows the Bible which really alot of religious people do not even tackle reading

1/6/2013 11:17:27 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
regina6219
Hillsville, VA
52, joined Jan. 2013

However, there is belief of what has been read. Iyam reads it as non-fiction. God has to open his eyes.

[Edited 1/6/2013 11:18:11 AM ]

1/6/2013 11:22:21 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Allen
we already know how religion has caused you to suffer intellectual and other dysfunction and your hyper-religiosity is obsessive compulsive. You have made no study of the mind and don't know what motivates people or their symptoms. Both love and hate in the psychopath allows them to kill just as an idea, religious or otherwise would. Hyper-religiosity is a symptom of various mental disorders. Where is the love for mental health? Its not there.

I can assure you my studies on the process of the mind set is deeper than you can
handle but i not going to waste my time there because you don't believe in anything
you can't see or touch.
A person makes a choice to kill and then they look for a place to put the blame and
some things can affect someones thinking but if a person kills, they do so by choice.
Where is the love for those in the most difficult times of their lives, healthcare
is where they are and i am there because i care.

1/6/2013 11:25:46 AM Was Jesus Divine?  
regina6219
Hillsville, VA
52, joined Jan. 2013

Yes. We care also but because we believe in God we are not normal or caring. Which is just as judgemental as the so called christians judgement. Yes. Clarence you are so right. You do understand.

[Edited 1/6/2013 11:28:53 AM ]

1/6/2013 11:38:46 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
45, joined Dec. 2011

Clarence is right on the mark in knowing just what you would believe. The belief that you're being externally controlled like some muppet by some other entity is what is called a paranoid delusion and is even schizophrenic and/or dissociative disorder.

Maybe as Jews wear yamakas Christians can wear special hats too.

[Edited 1/6/2013 11:40:29 AM ]

1/6/2013 11:49:13 AM Was Jesus Divine?  

allen281
Lisbon, OH
58, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Allen

You see you still missed the point, the traditions of man became a religion, i
don't follow a religion but i apply righteousnees but i guess this is just over your head.
Let me make it clear for you, seeing you can't see outside the box thinking;

1. Tradition/religions are one and the same, the ways of man that i do not follow,
so the fact i don't follow them, how can they affect me ? They don't !!!!
Did you get that ?
2. As traditions/religions is something you follow but righteousness is not something
you follow but it is something you apply and live, there is a big difference but i
don't think you can understand the difference.
So, no religion does not make me suffer because i don't follow a religion because to
do so would be to follow man.

When you try to mix love and hate, hate is what kills not love because there is no love
in hate.