Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames women

five hours a day, according to market analysis. hook up sites vancouver bc Make a profile with your pictures and facts about your self, and then you can either have a totally free program or spend for other possibilities. Meanwhile, the conversations I was getting with accurate potato tested males and females weren t considerably unique from Actual Human Man s conversation with Elizabeth. free bbw snapchat Also, understanding if he or she is stringing you along without having any intention of meeting up is an crucial ability to develop.

skipthegames sex

If anybody does try all dating apps, please kindly summarize every apps functionability and the genuineness of the individuals. ocala personal classifieds For several individuals, the media is a key supply of facts about ailments. He meant so a great deal to me and I had never broken up with any individual before! But what is a great I only see you as a friend present? So, yes, I broke off a piece of my mom s cactus in the living area, potted it, and drove to his house. easiest place to hook up We also have a weblog which will have beneficial strategies added every month so you have a improved notion of what to ask the particular person sitting opposite you in the course of a speed dating evening.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/20/2013 9:05:42 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

casheyesblond
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,295)
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

I thought this thread of Mindya's could do with a revisit.

The following was his opening post:

"THE EPISTLE TO THE ROMANS"

The Empathetic Christian (12:15)

INTRODUCTION

1. In the twelfth chapter of Romans, we find answers to questions such as...

a. What is indicative of a true transformation?
b. What constitutes God's good, acceptable, and perfect will for the Christian?

2. We have seen in previous lessons that it includes...

a. Fulfilling our function in the body of Christ - Ro 12:3-8
b. Love without hypocrisy, while abhorring what is evil - Ro 12:9
c. Loving brethren with family affection, esteeming one another highly - Ro 12:10
d. Serving the Lord diligently, with fervency of spirit - Ro 12:11
e. Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, steadfast in prayer - Ro 12:12
f. Having fellowship in the needs of the saints, pursing hospitality toward strangers - Ro 12:13
g. To bless those who persecute us - Ro 12:14

3. Now we note the twofold exhortation...

a. "Rejoice with those who rejoice" - Ro 12:15a
b. "Weep with those who weep" - Ro 12:15b

[In this text we are called to display the virtue of "empathy" towards one another. What this entails will be the focus of our study...]

I. DEFINING EMPATHY

A. COMPARED TO SYMPATHY...

1. Sympathy - An inclination to support or be loyal to or to agree with an opinion
2. Empathy - Understanding and entering into another's feelings

-- One may be sympathetic while not empathetic; the latter requires a deeper emotional involvement than the former

B. ITS PLACE IN THE CHURCH...

1. The Lord intended such connection between the members of His Body ("if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it") - 1Co 12:26
2. "This command grows out of the doctrine stated in Ro 12:4,5 that the church is one; that it has one interest; and therefore that there should be common sympathy in its joys and sorrows."

-- If we are truly one, members of the same body, then we will be empathetic towards one another

[Our text commands two ways to demonstrate empathy; we have several examples of individuals...]

II. DEMONSTRATING EMPATHY

A. REJOICING WITH THOSE WHO REJOICE...

1. Neighbors and friends of Elizabeth, mother of John the Baptist - Lk 1:58
2. Barnabas at Antioch, when he saw the grace of the Lord at work - Ac 11:23

-- Two good examples of sharing in others' happiness and success without envy or jealousy

B. WEEPING WITH THOSE WHO WEEP...

1. David with his sick friends - Ps 35:13,14
2. Jesus with the family and friends of Lazarus grieving over his death - Jn 11:33-35
3. Paul with his weak and stumbling brethren - 2Co 11:29
4. Christians with their brethren in prison - He 13:3

-- People of God truly understanding and entering into the feelings of their friends and brethren

[The quality of empathy certainly prepares one to be of greater service to those around them. How can we rise above simple sympathy for others to truly become "The Empathetic Christian"...?]

III. DEVELOPING EMPATHY

A. TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF OUR MINDS...

1. We must submit to the transformation that comes by renewing our minds - cf. Ro 12:1-2
2. Which will involve the development of such graces as:
a. Being kindly affectionate to one another in brotherly love - Ro 12:10a
b. Giving preference to one another in honor - Ro 12:10b

-- Note how being affectionate aids in being able to weep, and learning to give preference will enable us to rejoice

B. DEVELOPING THE MIND OF CHRIST...

1. Note the virtues that characterize the mind of Christ - cf. P2:3-5

a. Doing nothing through selfish ambition or conceit
b. In lowliness of mind, esteeming others better than oneself
c. Looking out for the interest of others

2. Note the goal of having the mind of Christ - Php 2:2

a. To be like-minded
b. To have the same love
c. To be of one accord, of one mind

3. Note what having the mind of Christ is necessary for to experience - Php 2:1-2a

a. Consolation in Christ
b. Comfort of love
c. Fellowship of the Spirit
d. Affection and mercy
e. Fullness of joy

-- As one develops the mind of Christ, there will be no envy or jealousy to prevent true empathy; with the mind of Christ, we will be able to truly rejoice and weep!

CONCLUSION

1. It is God's good, acceptable and perfect will that Christians be a people...

a. Who are glad when others rejoice
b. Who are moved when others weep

-- For only then can we be useful in sharing the joy and comfort of Christ with others

2. Are we truly an "empathetic" people? The development and display of true empathy will greatly...
a. Increase our usefulness to the Master
b. Enhance the fellowship we have in the Lord

-- Simple sympathy is not enough; we must be able to understand an enter into one another's feelings!

Develop the mind of Christ, be transformed by the renewing of your mind and you cannot help but become "The Empathetic Christian"...!

http://executableoutlines.com/ro2/ro12_15.htm

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/20/2013 9:18:33 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,331)
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

Thanks for revisiting this thread. It is good for people to be reminded that we must have empathy (compassion) for fellow man. Wonderful thread, Cash- and of course- Mindya.

Thanks for calling it to remembrance.

1/20/2013 2:03:14 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

bellybump
Over 2,000 Posts (3,784)
Preston, MO
46, joined Nov. 2008

Thank you for this intresting thread..As i was reading in Marks Gospel i came across this that i thought would fit in with this thread.. Mark chapter 1 verses 40 and 41 says And there came a leper to Him, beseeching Him, and kneeling down to Him, and saying unto Him, If thou wilt thou canst make me clean. vs41. And Jesus, MOVED WITH COMPASSION, put forth His hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean... That was the KJV..You see compassion will do no body any good until it moves you to act.. Feeling sorry for someone is fine but unless you move on it it accomplishes nothing..Remember when Jesus asked Peter if Peter Loved Him?? Peter said yes but Jesus drove the point home by simply saying..If you Love Me then Feed My sheep..BB

1/20/2013 3:01:55 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,411)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

I'm all for empathy and all for charity for the poor, but Casheyes, considering your very liberal political views, I wonder where you are going with this. Are you going to argue that, because we are Christians, we must support all kinds of government welfare programs? Will you argue that those who are against welfare are hard-hearted against the poor?

What if we had very, very limited government with very, very limited taxes. What if there were no minimum wage laws to keep unskilled people out of the job market. What if we had such a vibrant economy that the poor had a chance to work their way out of poverty, up to the middle class?

Welfare programs trap people into permanent poverty. If a person goes on Medicaid, for instance, they cannot ever make more than such-and-such low salary, or they will lose their Medicaid.

1/20/2013 4:28:34 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from bellybump:
Feeling sorry for someone is fine but unless you move on it it accomplishes nothing..Remember when Jesus asked Peter if Peter Loved Him?? Peter said yes but Jesus drove the point home by simply saying..If you Love Me then Feed My sheep..BB

I wish someone could get ludlowlowell to understand that

========================================

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I'm all for empathy and all for charity for the poor, but Casheyes, considering your very liberal political views, I wonder where you are going with this.

My " liberal " position as you put it in regard to helping the poor and less fortunate is the same position that religious leaders have taken,including Catholic bishops.

GOP’s ‘Ayn Rand’ Budget Targets Poor, Goes Against Religious Values

While religious conservatives and Republican political leaders gathered at the Faith and Freedom Conference in Washington , another group of religious leaders held a small gathering across the street to warn against the perils of the Republican Party’s fiscal priorities.

Four members affiliated with the religious group Faith In Public Life held a brief press conference during FFC’s afternoon intermission to denounce the GOP’s adherence to the philosophies of anti-government, anti-religion author Ayn Rand. The leaders — Rev. Jennifer Butler, Jim Wallis, Rev. Derrick Harkins, and Father Clete Kiley — asserted that the GOP efforts to cut funding from many anti-poverty programs while balancing the budget on the backs of the poorest Americans were not in line with Christian values:

The sky is falling on poor people in this country. The sky is falling. This time it really is. In the past, when we’ve done deficit reduction — and we’ve done it before — we’ve done poverty reduction at the same time. You can do both together. And every previous attempt there has been a bipartisan agreement to a given, a principle, that poor and low income people are not the ones to make hurt more when you’re making tough decisions. … They don’t bear the brunt of our fiscal irresponsibility because they didn’t cause it. We did not get into fiscal trouble because of poor people. … The poor didn’t cause this. Let’s not make them pay for it.

What we’re saying in the faith community, across the spectrum, is that a nation is judged — our Bible says — by how we treat the poorest and most vulnerable. Period. That’s what God says to us. That’s God’s instruction to us. To be faithful to God, we have to protect poor people.

Wallis and Butler repeatedly asserted that political leaders could not adhere to the teachings of both Rand and the church. “This budget has more to do with the teaching of Ayn Rand than the etchings of Jesus Christ,” Butler said. “I read [Rand] in high school, and she said, ‘You have to choose me or Jesus,’” Wallis added. “And so I did. She lost.”

Religious leaders have recently spoken out to House Budget Committee Chair Paul Ryan (R-WI) and House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) — both of whom are practicing Catholics — telling them that the cuts in their budget disproportionately target poor Americans and are thus out of line with Christian and Catholic teaching.

Early in May, a group of Catholic bishops sent Boehner a letter denouncing the budget cuts. Ryan, meanwhile, has attempted to persuade Catholic bishops that his budget is in line with religious teaching. Kiley was skeptical today, however, saying Ryan handpicked phrases from Catholic teaching in attempts to justify his budget cuts, largely ignoring the majority of Catholic teaching.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/04/236238/progressive-faith-ayn-rand/

1/20/2013 6:34:48 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
harmony9219cons
Boise, ID
24, joined Jan. 2013

I see what you mean by empathy and I think that is SUPPOSED to be what a Chistian should guide their life by.

It is sad that a lot of them don't, but it is not my call to say they are wrong for not doing so. I can only hope that they see the light. Perhaps their leaders need to bring this message to the people more.

[Edited 1/20/2013 6:35:36 PM ]

1/20/2013 6:49:11 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,881)
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from jazzychick:
Excellent thread and teaching! Thanks for reposting it Mindya...not being very empathetic...has me blocked so I never would have seen it had you not posted it.

Quit yer whining about being blocked, yer getting as bad as Magoo the Jay Doubleyoo.

1/20/2013 9:27:00 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from jazzychick:
mindya...long time no see ....so glad you decided to come out of the darkness and into the light,

You ain't in the light, you are a pretend Messianic that still thinks Christians are under the Law, you are both an adulterer and self confessed unrighteous person:

(Rom 7:4 KJV) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

You are trying to marry Christ and Moses.

(1 Tim 1:9 KJV) Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers.

1/20/2013 11:35:50 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,925)
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

i would rather witness to those who are poor in spirit and help as much as i can and be a good exmaple of christianity to those who re poor.

1/20/2013 11:43:26 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

i would rather witness to those who are poor in spirit and help as much as i can and be a good example of christianity to those who are poor.

1/21/2013 12:09:58 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

My policy is to block Messianic pretenders and Law/Feast keeping Judaizers, hence Jazzychick is back on my block list.

1/22/2013 2:03:16 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

d_voted
Over 2,000 Posts (3,993)
Winnipeg, MB
63, joined Sep. 2008

It is not possible to ascribe to either Judaism or Christianity and not be concerned for the welfare of others.

D

Do your homework if you don't believe me. Read.

1/24/2013 1:10:23 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

sun_shine51
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,302)
West Monroe, LA
64, joined May. 2008

Thank you for this thread cash. I don't know
how anyone who is Christian could not have
empathy or sympathy for others... I would think
they have some issues from childhood that
they need help with-Christian therapist possibly.

1/24/2013 12:09:45 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

As Christians we should show empathy, but I wonder sometimes whether we can actually show too much empathy?

1/24/2013 3:24:02 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
unfathomedone
Saint Albans, NY
23, joined Jan. 2013

OP
No it is not possible to be a Christian and show no empathy!!!

1/24/2013 5:08:30 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

it depends also on what we are showing empathy for.

1/24/2013 5:44:41 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
cheridth
Over 2,000 Posts (3,486)
Monahans, TX
39, joined Feb. 2012

these are all great posts! So true erik. Jst cuz we r christian doesnt mean we r to empathize with everything! In the scriptures we r given clues, what God adhors so to are we. I have no empathy for those who willingly choose to walk against God.

1/25/2013 12:36:17 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

sun_shine51
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,302)
West Monroe, LA
64, joined May. 2008

Quote from erikbenn:
it depends also on what we are showing empathy for.

The Holy Spirit lets you know.

1/25/2013 2:28:29 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

isna_la_wica
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,728)
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

Well, what groups did Jesus not show empathy for?

He showed empathy for Romans.......Adulterers,,,,,quite possibly a few Gays,,,,,,Samaritans, the hated people of Jews back then, think Muslim today,,,,,,,Tax collectors, ,,,,,,theives getting capital punishmnet,,,,,,,

I`ll give you a hint. Starts with a "P", they thought their works made them holy, and they used their temples to profit. The out side of their cups were so very, clean and sparkly! And they loved their laws de laws, law,da laws ,so very , very much.

1/25/2013 3:22:53 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

if a person chooses to continue to sin then the only thing i can do for them is witness to them. But, they will suffer consequences for their sins if they choose to continue to sin.

1/25/2013 3:37:12 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
cheridth
Over 2,000 Posts (3,486)
Monahans, TX
39, joined Feb. 2012

well yall r right but i still have no empathy for satan worshippers. They made their choice. All i can do is b who God made me n by my actions mayb they will repent. Ive been round too many satanic and they r very very scary people so i try to stay away from them in physical sense n by the power of prayer allow the Holy Spirit of God to wrk. We are all called to different tasks. If one walks in that task but not that of another task i c no condemnation nor lack of empathy on their part towards the tasks they are not wrkng in. God knows our strengths in body mind and spirit therefore he doesnt place us were we r too weak by body mind or spirit to avail much. Even so where ive been too weak to avail much, it was still a light in the darkness.

1/25/2013 3:42:18 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

And who exactly, ever reaches a stage where they are with out sin?

Funny, I only know of one who walked this earth,,,a High Priest who was with out sin, but was still, tempted, so he undesrtands infirimties and sin full nature,,,in us.

According to you Eric, then none of us on this planet, deserves empathy,,,unless they are holy and with out sin.

Love is not conditinal on rightousness or holiness. Christ said, to love your nehibour, only commandment really. No butts, or ammendmnets added to what he said.

1/25/2013 3:49:51 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from erikbenn:
if a person chooses to continue to sin then the only thing i can do for them is witness to them. But, they will suffer consequences for their sins if they choose to continue to sin.

Witnessing is not all you can do. You can pray for them. That is the biggest and best thing you can do for them.

When you pray, you are lovingly placing them in God's hands- God can deal with them.

From what I've seen of witnessing- people's own personal "convictions" tend to get in the way.

My way of witnessing would be- Do you know about Jesus? Did you know that He died for your sins? Do you know He would have done so, even if you were the only person on Earth?

Quote from isna_la_wica:

Love is not conditinal on rightousness or holiness. Christ said, to love your nehibour, only commandment really. No butts, or ammendmnets added to what he said.

Isna, I like this last statement- It reminded me - isn't there something in the Bible about our righteousness is as filthy rags?

[Edited 1/25/2013 3:52:45 PM ]

1/25/2013 3:55:53 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

Quote from isna_la_wica:
And who exactly, ever reaches a stage where they are with out sin?

Funny, I only know of one who walked this earth,,,a High Priest who was with out sin, but was still, tempted, so he undesrtands infirimties and sin full nature,,,in us.

According to you Eric, then none of us on this planet, deserves empathy,,,unless they are holy and with out sin.

Funny that's not what i said.

Quote from erikbenn:
if a person continues to choose to smoke eventually they will suffer all the diseases smoking causes. likewise if a person continues to sin they will eventually suffer the consequences for it.

Jesus said love your neighbor as yourself, but He never said love the sin that they do.

[Edited 1/25/2013 3:56:59 PM ]

1/25/2013 4:17:04 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
cheridth
Over 2,000 Posts (3,486)
Monahans, TX
39, joined Feb. 2012

ur right erik all u as an person can do for them is witness n like reese sed pray. Ha ha ha erik, if a person smokes they will suffer all the diseases, r u sure bout that? I kno 85yrs old died n not from their cigerates. N his chest exray showed healthy lungs too. I smoke n im not claiming any of the diseases. My lungs get xrayed every other yr by my decision n my lungs r clear cuz i excersise wrk hard n play hard. I even measure out my cigs so as to not overdo myself. It is not poison to consume but the posion comes in overconsumption, which can b sed bout alot of things. God bless you.

1/25/2013 5:57:12 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

praying for people is apart of witnessing.

1/25/2013 6:24:13 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from erikbenn:

No, not really it isn't. Witnessing is talking to people about Jesus.

Praying for someone is something you do for them. If you pray loudly in front of them, it can be seen as hypocritical, and actually push people away.

Remember what Jesus said- to not pray as the hypocrites do- with vain repetitions, for they are known for their much speaking- when you pray, go into the closet and close the door, for the Father knows what you have need of before you even ask it. (I paraphrased, but essentially that's what it says).

1/25/2013 6:26:18 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

allen281
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,159)
Lisbon, OH
59, joined Oct. 2012

Empathy meaning; intellectual identification of oneself with anothers.
In Greek empathy is ( pathos) meaning; the power of exciting tender emotions or feelings.

In Greek; Empathy/Pathos is to be able to relate tender emotions or feelings within one's self for another. All Christians should know this type of feeling.

1/25/2013 9:55:56 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

who said we had to pray in public when we pray for someone we witness to?

1/25/2013 10:05:48 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from erikbenn:
who said we had to pray in public when we pray for someone we witness to?

You are the one that said- and I quote

So, what exactly is your definition of witnessing?

1/25/2013 10:16:57 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
cheridth
Over 2,000 Posts (3,486)
Monahans, TX
39, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from allen281:
Empathy meaning; intellectual identification of oneself with anothers.
In Greek empathy is ( pathos) meaning; the power of exciting tender emotions or feelings.

In Greek; Empathy/Pathos is to be able to relate tender emotions or feelings within one's self for another. All Christians should know this type of feeling.
thanks for the defintions. I believe the Holy Spirit gives us those feelings n emotions. Isnt that what being moved by the holy spirit means? Or lead? Mmmmyeah i still have no empathy for sons of satan. Sorry but i jst cant bring myself to feel anything but adhorance for satanic beings.

1/25/2013 10:35:26 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

If a "Christian" has no empathy they are not Christian.

I think this is a good time to bring up Christian integrity as well, we have a number of posters on here that have no integrity:

Slimp_ickens, who has lied and cheated various lady posters in this forum, not only that he's created threads to "bash" a number of our lady posters.

Dimschool, who lied about his age on two previous profiles one was supposedly 91 years of age, he had a pic posted of an old guy on his profile. I asked him if he was really 91 - he claimed he was - an ouright lie. Dimschool is guilty of plagiarism, he posts copy and pastes from other forums on the net without giving credit to the authors - this is a sure lack of integerity - we have had numerous threads devoted to plagiarism.

Dim has also a "slim" fetish, he has attacked what he considers overweight ladies on here and claimed they will not inherit the Kingdom of God - this guy is one sick mixed up maniac.

Then we that recurring internet herpes virus dugly (aka redeamed1/justsayingit et al), who has abused lady posters on here, created fake profiles by the dozen, posted in the sex and dating forums and then posted in the Christian forum that "women need to be subjection" to the likes of him.

Anothe sick individual that is a disgrace to the Christian faith.

1/26/2013 2:43:38 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

reese, when you tell people that you will pray for them. that is witnessing, because i don't have to pray in front of them i can pray in private. or, i can take that person aside and we can pray in private. prayer builds faith.

then i tell them about Jesus and how Jesus has worked in my life.
i tell them about the cross and wat He did for all of us.

1/26/2013 4:55:02 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

I try to pray for everyone that God puts in my path. I may never tell them that I do, but I do. Even everyone on here, I may not remember all of you by name, but God does and I uplift all in my prayer time.

To me though, prayer is private time between myself and God.

I can remember as a little girl, my Mom was working and Dad sent me and my sister to bed, and came in to listen to our prayers. I didn't want to pray out, so I prayed quietly to myself. Dad got after me. When Mom got home, Dad told her, and she came to me and asked me about it, and I said, 'Mom, I prayed, but I don't like to pray out loud' Mom told me it was OK, that God heard me. I guess she talked to dad about it, because nothing else was ever said.

Prayer to me is my private communication with God. The hardest time I have praying is in church during congregational prayer time, because so many are speaking out loud at the same time, that I just cannot concentrate on what I want to uplift to the Lord.

Witnessing, to me is sharing the joy of knowing Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. Of telling people how to get to know Him.
Sometimes it's just living a Godly life, and letting your life be a light to others.
There are those who will still judge you and find you 'lacking', but all that matters is that God knows you by name.
I saw something the other day that I really liked, I may have mentioned it in another thread, I'm not sure. Anyway it said:

Being a Christian doesn't mean I won't fall, it means that Jesus will catch me if I do.

Isn't that the truth?

[Edited 1/26/2013 4:57:21 PM ]

1/26/2013 5:13:08 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

reese, it doesn't matter what others judge, because ultimately they, too, are accountable to God.

1/26/2013 5:20:01 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

That's Very true Erik, that's why I said it doesn't matter, as long as Jesus knows me by name.

1/26/2013 5:25:10 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

allen281
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,159)
Lisbon, OH
59, joined Oct. 2012

" Being perfected even while in my imperfections "
Even in my imperfections, Jesus picks me up again, so that i might stand again,
as my imperfections brings forth the best lesson of all, so God brings forth perfection
out of my imperfections or one could say, God brings forth good even out of bad,
welcome to the lessons of being perfected but not perfect yet.

1/26/2013 10:30:54 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from dream_once:
...Mindya...Thank you on my behalf...

You are very welcome.

1/26/2013 10:31:58 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

1/27/2013 5:25:48 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

Like,would you let this guy near your Children?

Yet he wants to, council woman here?

Strange world for sure.

1/27/2013 11:28:46 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

bellybump
Over 2,000 Posts (3,784)
Preston, MO
46, joined Nov. 2008

1/27/2013 7:55:57 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

1/27/2013 8:21:26 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

This is dugly/justsayingit/redeamed1 claiming he has "empathy":

Quote from dugly/justsayingit/redeamed1:
I hear ya! I have empathy on your position!

I'm sure you would if you knew or could experience such a thing.

We've seen in the past how you dealt with a grieving mother on here when she lost her son. You claimed that God took her son for disagreeing with you:

Quote from dugly/justsayingit/caleb17/redeamed1:
As a matter of fact, i can remember when Lees224 lost her son......for weeks and months she was hounding me,telling me how evil i was, telling me i wasnt saved...........

Then wham, the Lord took her Son. I didnt do it.

Let the lord bring judgement right now between you and me!

Amen Lord so be it.

https://DateHookup.dating/Thread-437565.htm

You even had the audacity to attempt to get "the lord" to do the same to me...guess what I'm still here...

Sick, Sick, Sicks..

1/27/2013 8:54:44 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from mindya:
This is dugly/justsayingit/redeamed1 claiming he has "empathy":

Quote from dugly/justsayingit/redeamed1:
I hear ya! I have empathy on your position!

I'm sure you would if you knew or could experience such a thing.

We've seen in the past how you dealt with a grieving mother on here when she lost her son. You claimed that God took her son for disagreeing with you:

Quote from dugly/justsayingit/caleb17/redeamed1:
As a matter of fact, i can remember when Lees224 lost her son......for weeks and months she was hounding me,telling me how evil i was, telling me i wasnt saved...........

Then wham, the Lord took her Son. I didnt do it.

Let the lord bring judgement right now between you and me!

Amen Lord so be it.

https://DateHookup.dating/Thread-437565.htm

You even had the audacity to attempt to get "the lord" to do the same to me...guess what I'm still here...

Sick, Sick, Sicks..

I remember that.He took the loss of lees son and exploited it in such an extreme way to make himself look like the victim when trying to make it look like lees loss of her son was because of her actions/words to him.

1/28/2013 9:50:03 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from casheyesblond:
I remember that.He took the loss of lees son and exploited it in such an extreme way to make himself look like the victim when trying to make it look like lees loss of her son was because of her actions/words to him.

Here he is giving himself away in another thread by stating he's been here in the past:

Quote from dugly/justsayingitredeamed1:
No thank you for being a blessing to us, and saying everything weve said in times past and i will remember that one verse i keep forgetting. Its nice to find some common ground with people

What a lying sack o' suds...

1/28/2013 8:34:11 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

up for air.

1/28/2013 8:39:20 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
usillygoose
Over 2,000 Posts (3,514)
Cicero, IL
40, joined Nov. 2012

Quote from mindya:
up for air.

Up for air? Are you a turtle?

1/28/2013 8:48:32 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
rchmndgrlysmile
Richmond, VA
49, joined Oct. 2011

Yes. It is possible. It would depend on where you are in your faith walk. As one grows closer to Christ, then one would hopefully grow more compassionate and empathetic.

1/28/2013 9:13:35 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

I think some people just seem to have more compassion than others do.

I've met pastors who weren't compassionate at all.

I even had one pastor that upon inquiring about his church services, say 'you're not going to bring the dog, are you?' about my Service Dog. Needless to say, I didn't darken his church door.

1/29/2013 4:33:09 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
rchmndgrlysmile
Richmond, VA
49, joined Oct. 2011

Quote from reese49:
I think some people just seem to have more compassion than others do.

I've met pastors who weren't compassionate at all.

I even had one pastor that upon inquiring about his church services, say 'you're not going to bring the dog, are you?' about my Service Dog. Needless to say, I didn't darken his church door.

I'm sorry. That was insensitive of me!

1/29/2013 4:46:44 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

I have a contract with an Air service that flies disabled kids and their guides to specialized schools down here in the south, from their homes in the remote north. I am kinda the crack sealer. One Plane misses another kinda thing, or weather stops a flight from reaching the right destination, then I shuttle them by ground from one air port to another,,,or delevr them right to the school/ Airport if they are returning home.

It is a lot of fun, for a guy like me who loves tyo drive and spent 30 years in Engine Rooms / Boiler rooms, cooped up by him self.

Anyway, there is a large school for the blind in the City I reside in. So I get to drive lots of service dog and their "clients", around.

Amazing beings they are! Its a joy to drive and meet these service dogs and their owners!

LOL, much better clients than I get when I fill in for my night driver when he takes a night off in the cab I own!

How any one, could ever, not welcome a service dog,,,is beyong me. I would not judge that preacher as to being Christian or not. Not my job. But as a human being, would be quick to tell him, I`d take a service dog in my bus or cab any day, over the likes of him.

Sheesh,,,,,,,,the guy is an idiot to make such a statemnet. I have struggled my whole life with a compulsion to kick people in the butt. Man, gets harder and haerder these days with guys like this preacher around,,,lol.

1/30/2013 12:16:24 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from rchmndgrlysmile:
I'm sorry. That was insensitive of me!

I find it really sad that you could find my situation humorous, especially considering the post you made just prior to mine.

Here's what you said...

Quote from rchmndgrlysmile:
Yes. It is possible. It would depend on where you are in your faith walk. As one grows closer to Christ, then one would hopefully grow more compassionate and empathetic.

1/30/2013 12:22:26 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
reese49
Jackson, OH
52, joined Jul. 2012

Isna, I think his personal feelings were the basis for his remark. If that was the case, personal feelings are not relevant in such cases as Service Dogs.

[Edited 1/30/2013 12:23:08 PM ]

1/31/2013 9:16:17 PM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

2/3/2013 6:06:09 AM Is it possible to be a Christian and show no empathy?  

erikbenn
Spokane, WA
41, joined Nov. 2010

God will judge all who say they believe in Jesus, but really don't.