Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

local hookup near me

Plus you also get to imagine a dramatic scene with your date walking ahead and bombs going off in the background. jewish singles houston The card will be issued to you at the time your 1st eligible week processes. BuzzFeed GoodfulSelf care and concepts to help you live a healthier, happier life. charlotte rubratings It s time I gave you an sincere glimpse behind the All Groan Up curtain.

skipthegames one night stands

You want to know that this guy has effectively rounded expectations and the readiness to do what he has to do to make anything take place. sanger singles This may well be a café, a hotel, a theatre, or some other public space. If you have crossed paths with a different user, they will show up at the major of your Happn page. snapfuck pics The platform does not use a matching scheme, instead, it is a huge venue of private ads.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

Unbelievable! How can it balance out Islamophobia? Ha ha ha

The Russian ballet dancer was my favorite fruit until he died of Aids.
George Bush is my favorite vegetable.

I wouldn't want to eat either.

D

4/2/2014 6:04:27 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,519)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

A news story that's been doing the rounds in the UK media this week reports on new research findings that for optimum health people should eat seven or more servings of fresh fruit and vegetables per day. A long standing government recommendation based on previous research is that a minimum of 5 portions a day should be aimed for by the conscientious citizen eager not to meet their maker too soon.

What do forumites make of the new findings, are you getting enough, and what is your favourite fruit and/or vegetable?

Tabloid version scanned from the April 1st edition of the Metro newspaper.

More in depth BBC News version:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26818386

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/2/2014 6:34:42 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

asanb
Over 2,000 Posts (3,697)
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012

If you have not seen the documentary "forks over knives", you should. It presents some very compelling evidence that eating animal products is a casual factor in serious chronic diseases.

I personally favorite the Mango. Sweet, tart, and uniquely flavored, dried pieces can be added to oatmeal (don't forget your whole grains) with raisins and chopped nuts for a tasty morning energy boost.
I make it in batches so it lasts a few days.

4/2/2014 7:31:54 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

Asanb-I need to try that, sounds yummy. Never thought to put mango.

I like most all fruits. Hate spinache. I probably dont get Ten A Day--too much food for me!! now ya got me wondering if Mangos cam be mixed onto pancake batter? oooh but it can b a syrup. Natural sugars are better for the blood.

but ya gona have to pry my heresy bar outa my cold dead fingers!!!!

4/2/2014 7:49:50 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,519)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

Quote from asanb:
If you have not seen the documentary "forks over knives", you should. It presents some very compelling evidence that eating animal products is a casual factor in serious chronic diseases.

When you say "animal products," does this include eggs, dairy and white meat, such as chicken? I consume those things with relish and would probably prefer to convert to theism rather rather than give 'em up, if someone offered such an unreasonable ultimatum.

I personally favorite the Mango. Sweet, tart, and uniquely flavored, dried pieces can be added to oatmeal (don't forget your whole grains) with raisins and chopped nuts for a tasty morning energy boost.

I bought a mango for the first time a couple of weeks ago, although I've probably eaten pre-prepared ones before. It was interesting and nice. The flesh takes some persuasion to separate from that large, flat stone. Bananas are a current favourite. I've scoffed two today. Also, Asda has some particularly nice oranges at the moment. A poor orange can be an unrewarding experience, with insipid tasting juice imprisoned in leathery pith, but a good one is fruit eating nirvana, equalling orgasmic levels of physical pleasure. It seems as if pips are a thing of the past too.

Some Asda oranges yesterday..

[Edited 4/2/2014 7:51:37 AM ]

4/2/2014 8:45:58 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (32,881)
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from asanb:

This is a fun thread , Clarence, and it belongs in here because we need to pay attention to the whole person. Here we discuss something that is in a relationship with balance. I refer the balance between of physical, mental, and spirtual selves. I am not refferring to religion here in anyway. Just a striving for perfect balance within our beings.

Yes, asanb, we need to eat in a balanced manner as well.

I had mangos this morning in my nutriblast, consisting of mixed dark greens, olive oil, flax seed oil, ground almonds, protein powder, and a blend of strawberries, mango, and blackberries. A real live food, nutritional shot in the health.!!

Great tune Clarence, and great thread!!

4/2/2014 9:49:56 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
jim_a49
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,273)
Bellevue, WA
65, joined Dec. 2010

I've been a vegetarian for 45 years, from the old Hippie days.
I used to preach it to the point I was unbearable to be around.
Now, having mellowed out in my old age, I pretty much keep it quiet.
I do notice the results however, when I compare myself to others my age, and all my friends see the noticeable difference.
I an very healthy, take no medication, I also do not smoke or drink.
Active, with lots of energy.

And Woods, when I say, "Love you long time", I mean it, LOLOL

4/2/2014 10:10:27 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Here all the time I was thinking you meant it, you didn't till now??

I love you long time too, Jim.

You know Duchessa is gonna want some too, the love you long time, thing!!

She'll be here later. I reckon, I told her I would share, and you know that's a hard one for me!!

4/2/2014 10:19:14 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

I am a paleo pescetarian on a pro-leptin, anti-estrogen, no oil, sugar or salt diet.
I am a food Nazi. Much of what is masquerading as quality, nutritious food is Big Agro
propaganda. Man clears rain forests and plants soy. Soy is a xenoestrogen. Soy, in all its forms, is poison to men. Not really good for women either, unless they require estrogen supplementation.

Clarence, look up "the dirty dozen", and "the clean fifteen." Apples and grapes top the list of the dirty dozen, produce too toxic to eat. Some organic produce is just not a good investment of your extra dollars, like bananas or onions; but some produce that you expect would be highly nutritious, is also highly toxic.

Of course there is always the issue of what is best versus what is possible. We have to produce enough food for the growing populations to eat, and then worry about the nutrition and toxicity thereof.

Thanx for the topic. Finally something that I have some real knowledge of.

4/2/2014 10:25:31 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

It's why old bags like me need protein powder!!lol

4/2/2014 10:26:12 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,519)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

Quote from jim_a49:
I do notice the results however, when I compare myself to others my age, and all my friends see the noticeable difference.

I'm impressed for some reason that you're a veggie — it almost balances out the Islamophobia. Are you a vegan or a lacto? Do you consume fishy creatures? Not everyone classes fish as meat. Can't you get deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals like vit B12 and iron with some vegetarian diets? My sister Clarabelle was a veggie for many years but returned to meat eating for health reasons after suffering from some nutritional deficiency. I think it might have been iron.

Some broccoli here, pictured yesterday.

4/2/2014 10:28:36 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

I love boccoli and brussel sprouts.

4/2/2014 10:39:25 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from clarencec:

I bought a mango for the first time a couple of weeks ago, although I've probably eaten pre-prepared ones before. It was interesting and nice. The flesh takes some persuasion to separate from that large,

Next time you're in South Florida, stop on by. I have about 5 or 6 mango trees in my back yard. There are many kinds of mangoes, with different textures and flavors. Not quite mango season yet, though global warming really has these trees confused. They flowered twice this year. My mulberry tree is fruiting right now, but don't get in between a man and his one mulberry tree. But I can bury you in mangoes if you'd like, and then you can eat your way out.

[Edited 4/2/2014 10:39:53 AM ]

4/2/2014 10:43:04 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from woodsmamma:
I love boccoli and brussel sprouts.

Two of the best foods you can eat, very anti-estrogenic; but wasabi is the best anti-estrogen, very high in DIM (Diindolylmethane)

4/2/2014 10:48:02 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,519)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

4/2/2014 10:57:20 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from jim_a49:
And Woods, when I say, "Love you long time", I mean it, LOLOL

I also take no medication, roller skate 10 miles per night, work 365 days a year, double shifts. I was Vegan/mostly raw food for years. Iron deficiency can be overcome with careful diet, but it is very difficult to replace L-carnitine in the diet without supplementation. Herring is the highest source of L-carnitine, outside of red meat.
I have added cold water fish; herring, salmon, and sardines; to my vegan/veggie diet.

I would suggest you at least look into the issue of L-carnitine in your diet.

4/2/2014 11:03:41 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

L-carnitine promotes normal growth and development, that's why we find it in fortified baby milk. It increases the use of fat as an energy source by transporting fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they are ‘burned’ to release energy for body functions.

It is said that L-carnitine treats and possibly prevents some forms of cardiovascular disease. It protects against muscle disease and many bodybuilders use it to help them to build up there muscles. It also protects against liver and kidney disease and diabetes.
Further it is promoted as an aid in dieting. It may make low-calorie diets easier to tolerate by reducing feelings of hunger and weakness.

Deficiency

Deficiency of L-carnitine might be relatively rare, with the exception of those born with metabolic errors in which carnitine becomes deficient (through kidney failure). A lack of L-carnitine may also occur at some level in long-term vegetarians, vegans, or those on protein-restrictive diets. Deficiency may also arise from taking certain pharmaceutical drugs such as zidovudine (for treatment of HIV) and isotretinoin (for severe acne and other skin conditions).

4/2/2014 11:11:12 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from lickerpoet:
Two of the best foods you can eat, very anti-estrogenic; but wasabi is the best anti-estrogen, very high in DIM (Diindolylmethane)

Love wasabi,too. I really clears the sinuses , what a rush!

4/2/2014 11:34:17 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
jim_a49
Bellevue, WA
65, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from clarencec:
.[

I'm impressed for some reason that you're a veggie — it almost balances out the Islamophobia. Are you a vegan or a lacto? Do you consume fishy creatures? Not everyone classes fish as meat. Can't you get deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals like vit B12 and iron with some vegetarian diets? My sister Clarabelle was a veggie for many years but returned to meat eating for health reasons after suffering from some nutritional deficiency. I think it might have been iron.

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

There are about 6 different types, and always the fodder for criticism.

People bring up religious purposes, and say how come you wear leather shoes, you're a hypocrite.

Well, I do wear animals, I just don't eat them.

Some just don't eat red meat.

Myself, I eat lots of seafood, no cow, chicken, or pig, or related warm blooded creatures.
Bananas and avocados, are super for nutrients. broccoli, cauliflower, peanut butter, Brussels sprouts, with garlic and butter.
I could go on and on.
Parties at my house, once a year. are a huge let down to some, and utopia to others.

The human body is in the phylum of standing vertebrae, inherently veggie, as your body structure shows.
Circular chewing motion, flat teeth, and long digestive tract, 24 feet.
Carnivores are built differently, with a short tract that can force bad food out in either direction, at will, you are stuck with it for at least a day.

I eat all day, and am slender, and muscular.

4/2/2014 11:39:59 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
jim_a49
Bellevue, WA
65, joined Dec. 2010

I also make the best guacamole on planet earth.

All of us had pet food projects we created, my masterpiece is guac.

I posted the recipe a few times, and will do so again if requested.

I used to guard it with my life, as it was always a special occasion to come over to my place for it, but now as the years roll on, I have it on my desktop for all to share.

4/2/2014 11:41:36 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from jim_a49:

All of us had pet food projects we created, my masterpiece is guac.

I posted the recipe a few times, and will do so again if requested.

I used to guard it with my life, as it was always a special occasion to come over to my place for it, but now as the years roll on, I have it on my desktop for all to share.

I still have it saved!! Delicious!

4/2/2014 11:51:19 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from jim_a49:

A couple of avocado trees in my back yard also. Heritage avocados, planted by a veteran of the Spanish American war. Sweetest avocados you'll every taste, if you also are ever in the area.

4/2/2014 12:12:56 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
jim_a49
Bellevue, WA
65, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from lickerpoet:
A couple of avocado trees in my back yard also. Heritage avocados, planted by a veteran of the Spanish American war. Sweetest avocados you'll every taste, if you also are ever in the area.

I use Hass from Florida, brown, bumpy skin.

Yours would be worth a try, but we are on opposite sides of the rock.

4/2/2014 12:43:05 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,519)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

Quote from lickerpoet:
Clarence, look up "the dirty dozen", and "the clean fifteen." Apples and grapes top the list of the dirty dozen, produce too toxic to eat. Some organic produce is just not a good investment of your extra dollars, like bananas or onions; but some produce that you expect would be highly nutritious, is also highly toxic.

You have a point. I read an article some time ago arguing that the demerits of a diet rich in processed food are countered by the added risk from pesticide residues contained in a fresh food diet. It seems like you can't win. I'm opting for a largely fresh food diet currently and am bearing in mind the comforting thought that all the toxic residues may act as a kind of free embalming process that will preserve my corpse and protect it from the attention of insects and worms, should I opt for burial.

Quote from lickerpoet:
I also take no medication, roller skate 10 miles per night, work 365 days a year, double shifts. I was Vegan/mostly raw food for years. Iron deficiency can be overcome with careful diet, but it is very difficult to replace L-carnitine in the diet without supplementation. Herring is the highest source of L-carnitine, outside of red meat.
I have added cold water fish; herring, salmon, and sardines; to my vegan/veggie diet.

Roller skating 10 miles regularly sounds good. I used to run in the 1980's, and cycled obsessively in the 90's and 2000's, but lapsed after various injuries. I started doing some walking about 9 weeks ago in a bid to regain some shadowy vestige of my former athleticism, and typically aim for six or eight miles at 15 minute mile pace, which is kinduvva brisk walk that's quite hard to maintain on bad days when I'm not feeling good.

Agreed about the desirability of oily fish in the ol' dietary regime. I eat lots of those creatures — usually in the form of canned mackerel or sardines, which I have on toast. John West does a renowned religiously themed selection of oily fish, including the mechanically blessed products pictured below.

[Edited 4/2/2014 12:43:51 PM ]

4/2/2014 12:54:10 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Great posts everyone.

Excercise important ,I dance, obsessively

4/2/2014 4:27:20 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from clarencec:
Roller skating 10 miles regularly sounds good. I used to run in the 1980's, and cycled obsessively in the 90's and 2000's, but lapsed after various injuries. I started doing some walking about 9 weeks ago in a bid to regain some shadowy vestige of my former athleticism, and typically aim for six or eight miles at 15 minute mile pace, which is kinduvva brisk walk that's quite hard to maintain on bad days when I'm not feeling good.

I preach the gospel of roller skating. What other form of exercise is so enjoyable that one would long to get to it ? "Oh, boy, I'm going to lift weights. Oh, I can't wait to jog tonight." When I put on my skates, and my headphones, and dance off into a cloud of music, it is truly other worldly. I do live in the perfect environment to skate outdoors, no snow, no hills or mountains. It is a great exercise, strengthening your core and your legs, and cardio-vascular too, when one starts to boogey.

The problem with cycling here is the traffic. There is a large circle around a cow pasture near my house, but I tire of circling the same area 15 times. Bicycling can be dangerous. Then again, so can skating, but I stick to the same basic route every night, and the roads and sidewalks are very well maintained in my area.

I skate with my dog first, and he has to be walked after night, so this is an incentive to put on my skates. Dog can only run so far, so I return him back to his home, and off I go. I once had two dogs and often I would bother a third, and voila, an asphalt Iditarod.

Another added plus is that my skate wheels light up...BRIGHT, as they revolve....little magnetos inside. People stop, heads turn, cars stop in the middle of the street and cameras pop up. I'm sort of a vision....as I said...the Gospel of Roller Skating.

4/2/2014 4:38:38 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
jim_a49
Bellevue, WA
65, joined Dec. 2010

I go to work, toss 50 pound chains over my shoulders, climb up and down a frame machine for 8 hours, then I go home.

And eat as much, of whatever I want.

4/2/2014 4:53:19 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

furchizedek
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,527)
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010
online now!

I read that story a day or two ago and in the version I read, I think it said TWICE in the article that eating all this fruits and veggies will LOWER YOUR CHANCE OF DEATH OR DYING.

Is that stupid or what?

I'm sorry, but everyone's chances of dying is exactly the same, 100%.

Seriously, that's what it said.

Quote from clarencec:
A news story that's been doing the rounds in the UK media this week reports on new research findings that for optimum health people should eat seven or more servings of fresh fruit and vegetables per day. A long standing government recommendation based on previous research is that a minimum of 5 portions a day should be aimed for by the conscientious citizen eager not to meet their maker too soon.

What do forumites make of the new findings, are you getting enough, and what is your favourite fruit and/or vegetable?

Tabloid version scanned from the April 1st edition of the Metro newspaper.

More in depth BBC News version:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26818386

4/2/2014 5:04:13 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010
online now!

The clear message here is that the more fruit and vegetables you eat, the less likely you are to die at any age”

Dr Oyinola Oyebode
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, UCL

Risk of death by any cause over the course of the study was reduced by 42% for seven or more (up to around 10 portions a day)

A study of 65,226 men and women indicated the more fruit and vegetables people ate, the less likely they were to die - at any given age.

Here is the real bullplop headline. IT REDUCES YOUR RISK OF DEATH!

4/2/2014 5:27:01 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

asanb
Over 2,000 Posts (3,697)
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012

I think the headline is misleading, It should be" Reduces incidence of lethal diseases"
And Veggies instead of meats and processed foods also, I believe makes for a healthier life all around.
I've been a lacto- vegetarian since 13, Milk & milk products Ok but I eat nothing with a face, or eggs, they are considered flesh.
The diet is considered a part of "ahimsa", non violence, as there is a responsibility in killing other life forms for food. Karma. I suppose there is reaction from eating anything, and doing anything, But I guess the division between killing a potato and killing a pig is a factorial level of burden. I don't quite understand all of the nuances of proscribed and forbidden.

I will say that on my occasional dietary slips (not reading the label, etc.) I find that I am quite sensitive to animal protein. Eggs make me have awful B.O. and animal stock in the soup makes me prone toward anger.

Lickerpoet: I envy your real estate. I was in Daytona this winter and had some local oranges so delicious they were oral ecstasy. My counter is a peach tree in the back yard that has been producing 50 to 70 lbs. of the most delicious peaches... when they come into ripe I gorge, Still have some of last years frozen slices.

4/2/2014 5:33:33 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
mr_crowley
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,692)
Aynor, SC
46, joined Feb. 2009

If gods/goddesses exist they live on mangoes.
I just wish they could find a way to shrink the pit.
Clarence, what the f**k is a kipper?
I've gotten really lazy with my foods. I buy prepared chicken cutlets/tenders. The breading and/or sauce is probably much deadlier then the hormones & preservatives in the chicken.
I'm not sure that ground Turkey in the 1lb tube is any healthier then red meat, but my local butcher burnes his store and is now doing time for arson.
Apparently, people in south Carolina are unaware that a normal fire doesn't burn concrete, or that pouring the accelerants on the block walls is a dead giveaway.
So, I've returned to Wallyworld & dollar store crap.
its not like anything is gonna add years to my life, anyway.

4/5/2014 10:08:53 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from lickerpoet:
L-carnitine promotes normal growth and development, that's why we find it in fortified baby milk. It increases the use of fat as an energy source by transporting fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they are ‘burned’ to release energy for body functions.

It is said that L-carnitine treats and possibly prevents some forms of cardiovascular disease. It protects against muscle disease and many bodybuilders use it to help them to build up there muscles. It also protects against liver and kidney disease and diabetes.
Further it is promoted as an aid in dieting. It may make low-calorie diets easier to tolerate by reducing feelings of hunger and weakness.

Deficiency

Deficiency of L-carnitine might be relatively rare, with the exception of those born with metabolic errorn
s in which carnitine becomes deficient (through kidney failure). A lack of L-carnitine may also occur at some level in long-term vegetarians, vegans, or those on protein-restrictive diets. Deficiency may also arise from taking certain pharmaceutical drugs such as zidovudine (for treatment of HIV) and isotretinoin (for severe acne and other skin conditions).

can you quote your source of info? you got me worried now as my lil one is having to use isotretinoin!
is your source accurate? i need to check into this, dont want my lil one getting sick.

4/5/2014 10:20:10 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

aaaaw furchi-but i looove canned peaches!! i always feel better after eating them.
i have to add sugar--natural sugars and proteins to my diet to keep my glucose levels high enough--im lucky to hit 89 on a good day and usually 55 or so on a bad--and yeah lots of chocolate lol lol

4/5/2014 11:10:21 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from cheridth2:
can you quote your source of info? you got me worried now as my lil one is having to use isotretinoin!
is your source accurate? i need to check into this, dont want my lil one getting sick.

I would be happy to provide the source. I think it was just a quick grab of the easiest link I found, probably Wiki. Hey, I have no problem with Wiki. It certainly is not the ultimate source of information, but it is a good starting point. You could just google L-Carnitine deficiency. I'll see if I can find this specific link.

Oh, but you can also have your lil one take L-Carnitine supplements. I originally learned about L-Carnitine many years ago when my mom gave me a copy of Dr. Perricone's
"Wrinkle Free Diet." Perricone was a dermatologist who morphed into a diet diet, because the women that he was prescribing healthy diets for their skin, also lost weight. Many of the nutrients that are currently the rage, such as Hyaluronic Acid, were pioneered by Perricone (He didn't actually do the research, but knew enough to see the value in these supplements). Part of the rub against Perricone is his big dependence on supplements, but his knowledge, and the results I obtained, has made me a believer.

Here is the link. It wasn't Wiki after all. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask. I do not hold anyone's religious indoctrination against them when we are talking nutrition.

http://www.vegan-supplement-checklist.com/2008/10/l-carnitine.html

4/5/2014 11:14:07 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from mr_crowley:
If gods/goddesses exist they live on mangoes.
I just wish they could find a way to shrink the pit.
Clarence, what the f**k is a kipper?
I've gotten really lazy with my foods. I buy prepared chicken cutlets/tenders. The breading and/or sauce is probably much deadlier then the hormones & preservatives in the chicken.
I'm not sure that ground Turkey in the 1lb tube is any healthier then red meat, but my local butcher burnes his store and is now doing time for arson.
Apparently, people in south Carolina are unaware that a normal fire doesn't burn concrete, or that pouring the accelerants on the block walls is a dead giveaway.
So, I've returned to Wallyworld & dollar store crap.

I eat mango nearly everyday!!

4/5/2014 11:45:43 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

thank you lickerpoet-nor do i.

thats some great info. and thanks for offering to share in the future.

science is great-it helps us when our bodies cant. i believe, personally, He created us to heal ourselves and when bodies n science fail He helps us.

jst incase someone tries to nail me for using science.

i used baby formula with L-cartenine(?) to supplement my nursing milk, i was afraid i was enemic or my sugar levels would affect nutritional value--and the exzcema wasnt as bad. im definitely calling the dermotolgist/family/other specialust(special needs kid) to chck n see if supplements r ok n wont interfere with treatments. thanks bunches for sharing!!!

4/6/2014 1:39:48 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010
online now!

I may be over sensitive but I have gotten very sick from canned sardines and canned kipper snacks, and even from some canned tuna. So I don't eat canned fish anymore and I used to really like it. Didn't you guys have a bunch of sick school kids over there back in the 90s from botulism in kippers? Maybe it wasn't botulism. I can't remember but some sort of poison it seems. Now we seek out frozen Bering Sea pollack which we really like. Also we take some fish oil supplements. The pollack, by the way, is what you get when you get a fish fillet sandwich at most places.

Also, with regard to running (something I never do) a new story I read just yesterday said, I think, that runners die younger than non runners.

Quote from clarencec:
Quote from lickerpoet:

You have a point. I read an article some time ago arguing that the demerits of a diet rich in processed food are countered by the added risk from pesticide residues contained in a fresh food diet. It seems like you can't win. I'm opting for a largely fresh food diet currently and am bearing in mind the comforting thought that all the toxic residues may act as a kind of free embalming process that will preserve my corpse and protect it from the attention of insects and worms, should I opt for burial.

Quote from lickerpoet:

Agreed about the desirability of oily fish in the ol' dietary regime. I eat lots of those creatures — usually in the form of canned mackerel or sardines, which I have on toast. John West does a renowned religiously themed selection of oily fish, including the mechanically blessed products pictured below.

4/6/2014 1:48:09 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010
online now!

Quote from clarencec:
Quote from jim_a49:

I'm impressed for some reason that you're a veggie — it almost balances out the Islamophobia.

Yes, true, but I had to chuckle when Jim said he was "unbearable to be around" when he was a vegetarian preacher. Now he's an anti-Islam preacher. LOL.

And my 2nd wife was named Clara Belle... And one day I noticed that Clara and Carla had th same letters. Sorry, I'm just free associating.

Are you a vegan or a lacto? Do you consume fishy creatures? Not everyone classes fish as meat. Can't you get deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals like vit B12 and iron with some vegetarian diets? My sister Clarabelle was a veggie for many years but returned to meat eating for health reasons after suffering from some nutritional deficiency. I think it might have been iron.

Some broccoli here, pictured yesterday.

4/6/2014 1:50:12 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010
online now!

Peaches? What did I say about peaches?

Quote from cheridth2:
aaaaw furchi-but i looove canned peaches!! i always feel better after eating them.
i have to add sugar--natural sugars and proteins to my diet to keep my glucose levels high enough--im lucky to hit 89 on a good day and usually 55 or so on a bad--and yeah lots of chocolate lol lol

4/6/2014 2:30:45 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from mr_crowley: I've returned to Wallyworld & dollar store crap.
Thank God for that.

4/6/2014 3:04:44 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Crowley you should eat lots of processed food. Forget the fruit & veg, they're overrated. Eat anything in a can. You need fast food like mcdonalds 5 times a week. Oh yes, drink lots of soda and put sugar on everything. You will feel great. Also you should never do fitness activities, only wastes energy.

4/8/2014 9:34:01 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from furchizedek:
Peaches? What did I say about peaches?

Quote from cheridth2:

somewhere on the first page you posted a pic and on it was stuff to help you eitjer live longer or lesser -canned peaches was in the lesser. lol I loves my canned peaches!!! mix in cottoge cheese or corn flakes or pancakes or oatmeal or put in cake batter or oohh i even put em in my biscuits --that way interesting and think i ll add a lil nutmeg next time!
im so sad, my peach tree died and we had to cut it down. now i have to wait for like foooreeeveer for new one to produce!!!

4/8/2014 9:35:30 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from ron6280a:
Crowley you should eat lots of processed food. Forget the fruit & veg, they're overrated. Eat anything in a can. You need fast food like mcdonalds 5 times a week. Oh yes, drink lots of soda and put sugar on everything. You will feel great. Also you should never do fitness activities, only wastes energy.

im dyng laughing!!

4/9/2014 11:07:45 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from cheridth2:
im dyng laughing!!
I think I will publish this diet for the crowleys of the world. How to trash your health and shave twenty years off your life.

4/9/2014 11:11:33 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

asanb
Over 2,000 Posts (3,697)
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012

It's easy, Gift certificates for MacDonald's, Wendy's, Pizza hut and White Castle.

Murder by excess.

4/9/2014 11:24:06 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

lol i love those places n have to school myself to stay away!! lol lol thank God for mcdonalds chicken n fish sandwiches!!!!

4/11/2014 8:14:46 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

d_voted
Over 2,000 Posts (3,764)
Winnipeg, MB
62, joined Sep. 2008

I'm impressed for some reason that you're a veggie — it almost balances out the Islamophobia.

4/11/2014 9:22:53 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
46, joined Feb. 2009

What's wrong ron u afraid I'm gonna live long enough to move back to Michigan and show all the a**holes in your church what a pathetic b*tch u are?

4/11/2014 11:59:31 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from mr_crowley:
What's wrong ron u afraid I'm gonna live long enough to move back to Michigand show all the a**holes in your church what a pathetic b*tch u are?
Lol. You're such a tough guy. crowley please pay me a visit if you're ever in the Detroit area. I promise if you do leave the D you'll be a changed punk. I'm of a not well known Christian sect found only here in the Detroit area, not the typical breed of Christian with which you are familiar. We're a tad different. I would unload some evil on your punk a** then tell father God I would like my allowance for taking out the trash.

4/12/2014 1:25:19 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

ron your too funny!! lol lol

4/12/2014 1:59:39 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from cheridth2:
ron your too funny!! lol lol
Its about time someone gets me. I'm big time funny.

4/12/2014 2:27:12 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

i can handle that-i need funny in my life lately--

whats that song by Dio-"dont let them kill the laughter"?

4/12/2014 2:39:39 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from cheridth2:
i can handle that-i need funny in my life lately--

whats that song by Dio-"dont let them kill the laughter"?
A day or so ago I made a "lesbos" comment ( I forget exactly but you can find them) just being funny and Ithink it was jesika who took me serious and gave me all this scripture.lollol. just because I'm Christian don't mean I'm wrapped to tight for living. Jesika seems to be. Oh a lesb couple also took me serious and hit my inbox wanting to hook up.lollolbhahahaaaaaaa.....

4/12/2014 1:53:16 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

wow ron. yeah i knew you was messing around because your a jokster.

but im going to go play in the kiddie posts because "christians" know that if you crack a joke or get silly or just want some good Clean Fun it makes you a child.

seriously shes younger than me ergo what does her scripture posting sprees say about how to treat an elder? yeah i could "train up the younger women" but since im suppise to go play in the kiddie posts -i ll let someone else do it.
yeah she can figure it out-i blocked her and blocked she will stay -she can keep her hate to herself.

lmbo-

4/13/2014 7:35:25 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
jim_a49
Bellevue, WA
65, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from d_voted:

Unbelievable! How can it balance out Islamophobia? Ha ha ha

quote]

Might want to look up the word 'phobia'/

4/13/2014 11:53:19 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
cheridth2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,298)
Kermit, TX
38, joined Apr. 2013

my watermelons are sprouting!!! wooohoooo!!! last yrs harvest, saved the seeds n now--wooohooo!! their soo cute!! aaww i cant wait! watermelins on the rind, cubed n frozen, milk shaked, juiced, ice creamed, jellied, syruped, candied, fruit saladed, dried, and ooh the possibilities!!! chalked fulla vitamins-sun ripened yummy goodness!!!!

4/15/2014 2:06:33 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
46, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from ron6280a:
Lol. You're such a tough guy. crowley please pay me a visit if you're ever in the Detroit area. I promise if you do leave the D you'll be a changed punk. I'm of a not well known Christian sect found only here in the Detroit area, not the typical breed of Christian with which you are familiar. We're a tad different. I would unload some evil on your punk a** then tell father God I would like my allowance for taking out the trash.

So, your dumb a** believes even dumber, man made, bullshit then is in the bible?
That makes u a heretic
I'm glad u admitted to being a bigger moron then most christians.
Detroit ain't shit, I'm from NY. Any one of the Burroughs, ALONE!, is harder then detroit, including staten island.
I did time in yipsalani and saw guards carrying out the bodies of weak a** losers from detroit, on a regular.
detroit must be packed with homos if u live there.
That must be what's different about your heretical church.
Its full of pole smokers and not only supports gay marriage. It encourages members to be pole smokers.
Everyone knows that's why christians spend so much time on their knees.
They call it "praying" but its, at the very least its peter puffing for jesus while fantasizing about jesus and his 12 merry men.

4/15/2014 5:05:13 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from mr_crowley:

I did time in yipsalani and saw guards carrying out the bodies of weak a** losers from detroit, on a regular.
No shit I knew I recognized you but I couldn't remember from where. How the heck you been man. It really is a small world. That was a long time ago. Man I remember you used to cry yourself to sleep every night, I didn't think you would make it outa there. I was in a bad place back then, I would laugh my a** off when them older guys was kicking your ass, putting you on your knees and bending you over. I drove by the old ypsi prison a couple days ago. So how you doing now? Also you know damn well the national stats list Detroit as crime/murder capitol.

4/15/2014 5:18:41 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Crowley do you remember me?

4/15/2014 9:02:25 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from tonyteamster:
If I eat a pizza with onions peppers black olives mushroom broccoli spinach and pineapple.

Does that count

Sure does, especially with whole grain crust which is nummy!!

Balanced if ya have meat and cheese on it too.

4/15/2014 9:14:07 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

That's not fair that is soooooo visually pleasing to me!!