Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

hookup places in nyc

LOUIS, MO. personals in augusta Some guy would take that challenge and effectively, make her change her thoughts, and spread her legs willingly without the need of any effort. On the flip side, on some dating internet sites, you have the liberty to search and connect to users on the site. costa rica single women I have mates that are girls, some I have a crush on, but I that is the finish of it.

mega personal meet now

They get a exciting dashboard to gamify the encounter and give them much better feedback in future. florida chat rooms Comprehensive waste of time if you happen to be a guy. However, although, they had an unexpected guest join them. meetme user search Met this guy on one particular of the on line dating websites tall, handsome, an engineer, carrying out MBA his photographs looked really good so I was rather motivated to meet him.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/15/2014 3:54:31 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
mr_crowley
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,692)
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

ron, that wasn't even a good try.
u have to be supermax classification to even get to yipsalani. That means highly violent and/or an extreme flight risk.
Yipsalani is underground, total lock down and sensory depravation.
The only way u can see other prisoners is if u peep through the crack of the tray door that they give u your food and medication through. then, they need to be moved past your cell.
Prisoners can't see other prisoners, in any other way.
Prisoners can't talk to, or hear each other.
It's not like county jail pussies like u frequent where u can shout through the air vents and sign to the cell across the corridor.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/16/2014 12:15:38 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,002)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Crowley cut the bullshit. Ypsi was not supermax classification, not even level 5. Ypsi was level 4 security classification. Like any big house they had the hole for disruptive behavior, a small section for 23 hour/day lock down. Nobody would do there whole time in the hole. They would transfer you to supermax for that.

4/16/2014 6:46:08 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,002)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Crowley why have you been in the singles with disabilities forum picking on the people? Have you no decency? Other than being a low life punk, what were you in ypsi prison for?

4/17/2014 4:25:41 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,002)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Crowley what was your x-con candy a** in prison for?

4/17/2014 4:40:09 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

sail_dancer
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,111)
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ron6280a:
Crowley what was your x-con candy a** in prison for?

Why do you constantly make personal attacks on DH members?

Peace

4/17/2014 4:47:14 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,002)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from sail_dancer:
Why do you constantly make personal attacks on DH members?

Peace
you are the king of it. You've called every Christian here "batshit crazy" hundreds of times. Mind your own business sicko. Didn't you get enough attention today?

4/18/2014 2:16:19 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from ron6280a:
Crowley cut the bullshit. Ypsi was not supermax classification, not even level 5. Ypsi was level 4 security classification. Like any big house they had the hole for disruptive behavior, a small section for 23 hour/day lock down. Nobody would do there whole time in the hole. They would transfer you to supermax for that.

goddamn, I hate it when I don't have to even attempt to make people look like an idiot.
yipsalani is supermax and supermax ONLY!
Do u think its underground for health reasons u stupid piece of fecal matter?
The entire prison is one man cells with shower in cell.
There's no dayrooms and no chow hall.
There's no 23 hour lock down section.
The whole f**king prisons total lockdown
Twice a week the guards are supposed to take u to the wreck yard which is just a cell with heavy steal grating for a roof.

4/18/2014 2:29:02 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from ron6280a:
Crowley why have you been in the singles with disabilities forum picking on the people? Have you no decency? Other than being a low life punk, what were you in ypsi prison for?

your pathetic, brain dead a** has been stalking me, but u haven't seen me post that I'm disabled hundreds of times?
Ive not only posted about my injuries I've even posted pics of my cane.
I shouldn't expect any kind of logical response from u.
Its obvious that you're dumber then a f**king rock and even more then the average christian.
I was in prison for burning churches in holland

4/18/2014 5:00:20 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from mr_crowley:
your pathetic, brain dead a** has been stalking me, but u haven't seen me post that I'm disabled hundreds of times?
Ive not only posted about my injuries I've even posted pics of my cane.
I shouldn't expect any kind of logical response from u.
Its obvious that you're dumber then a f**king rock and even more then the average christian.
I was in prison for burning churches in holland

What can I say ..... Ron is one f*cked up individual ..... ignore him.

Peace

4/18/2014 7:07:33 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (32,881)
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Well back on topic.......

I had my usual nutri-bullet very healthy smoothie. I am healthy this morning!!!

Still stiff and sore from hiking.

That's what I get for not hiking as much this winter, beings it was soooo friggin cold for soooo friggin long.

It was my mental health I was worried about. Next week ,all week, is forcast in the 60's.

Things are looking up ,gentlemen!!!

4/18/2014 4:22:39 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (49,536)
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

This is an interesting topic and indirectly related to spirituality in many world cultures. Everyone's body chemistry is a little different and may have underlying needs but it's my personal experience that anyone Ive known who has done the strict vegetarian thing tends to never feel full or command a sense of satiety which lets face it, animal proteins can provide quite nicely and they begin supplementing and are driven towards some serious carb loading. Rice, breads, pastas, processed sugars. Then they pack on the pounds and dont understand why since they went off that dastardly animal protein.

4/18/2014 5:15:20 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

I have to have my protein it keeps me from craving carbs. I have ground almonds in the smoothie, and for a snack a piece of string cheese ,jerky, makes you feel full,cuts the craving for sugar too.

6/1/2014 8:15:53 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,667)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

These are amazing. I've scoffed three so far today..

Pink Grapefruit

6/1/2014 8:18:41 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Nummy!!!

6/1/2014 8:33:18 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

Ive wanted desperately to like those because of the health benefits but cant do the bitter aftertaste that kind of creeps up. They should hybridize them with an orange or tangelo maybe.

6/1/2014 8:43:09 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

I hate to be a party pooper....yes, I just love pink grapefruit. We had all sorts of citrus trees behind my store, till the state destroyed them. To protect commercial interests the state destroyed all private trees with any sign of citrus canker. The real problem was that the state employees were transporting the canker on their shoes and clothing as they inspected from location to location. But back to being a pooper.....

Fructose is not your friend...more veggies, less fruit. Just google fructose and liver damage.
http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Heart_Letter/2011/September/abundance-of-fructose-not-good-for-the-liver-heart

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23390127

6/1/2014 8:43:46 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

asanb
Over 2,000 Posts (3,771)
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

Just found this on the Sant Mat site:

"Vegetarianism is the key to good health and happiness. The Hindu view is multi-dimensional, including the ecological, medical and spiritual, as is evident in the following excerpts from Hinduism Today:

Besides being an expression of compassion for animals, vegetarianism is followed for ecological and health rationales

Reasons

In the past fifty years, millions of meat-eaters -- Hindus and non-Hindus -- have made the personal decision to stop eating the flesh of other creatures. There are five major motivations for such a decision:

1. The Dharmic Law Reason

Ahimsa, the law of non-injury, is the Hindu's first duty in fulfilling religious obligations to God and God's creation as defined by Vedic scripture.

2. The Karmic Consequences Reason

All of our actions, including our choice of food, have Karmic consequences. By involving oneself in the cycle of inflicting injury, pain and death, even indirectly by eating other creatures, one must in the future experience in equal measure the suffering caused.

3. The Spiritual Reason

Food is the source of the body's chemistry, and what we ingest affects our consciousness, emotions and experiential patterns. If one wants to live in higher consciousness, in peace and happiness and love for all creatures, then he cannot eat meat, fish, shellfish, fowl or eggs. By ingesting the grosser chemistries of animal foods, one introduces into the body and mind anger, jealousy, anxiety, suspicion and a terrible fear of death, all of which are locked into the the flesh of the butchered creatures. For these reasons, vegetarians live in higher consciousness and meat-eaters abide in lower consciousness.

4. The Health Reasons

Medical studies prove that a vegetarian diet is easier to digest, provides a wider ranger of nutrients and imposes fewer burdens and impurities on the body. Vegetarians are less susceptible to all the major diseases that afflict contemporary humanity, and thus live longer, healthier, more productive lives. They have fewer physical complaints, less frequent visits to the doctor, fewer dental problems and smaller medical bills. Their immune system is stronger, their bodies are purer, more refined and skin more beautiful.

5. The Ecological Reason

Planet Earth is suffering. In large measure, the escalating loss of species, destruction of ancient rainforests to create pasture lands for live stock, loss of top-soils and the consequent increase of water impurities and air pollution have all been traced to the single fact of meat in the human diet. No decision that we can make as individuals or as a race can have such a dramatic effect on the improvement of our planetary ecology as the decision not to eat meat."

Dr. Jai Maharaj

6/1/2014 8:45:00 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

Yeah but isn't grapefruit on the lower end of the glycemic index thus the bitter flavor?

6/1/2014 8:47:21 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,667)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

The pink and red ones aren't particularly bitter. They're as juicy as f**k an extremely juicy thing. (yum emoticon)

6/1/2014 9:01:28 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,667)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

Quote from lickerpoet:
I hate to be a party pooper....yes, I just love pink grapefruit. We had all sorts of citrus trees behind my store, till the state destroyed them. To protect commercial interests the state destroyed all private trees with any sign of citrus canker. The real problem was that the state employees were transporting the canker on their shoes and clothing as they inspected from location to location. But back to being a pooper.....

Fructose is not your friend...more veggies, less fruit. Just google fructose and liver damage.
http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Heart_Letter/2011/September/abundance-of-fructose-not-good-for-the-liver-heart

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23390127

Your first link says:
Still, it's worth cutting back on fructose. But don't do it by giving up fruit. Fruit is good for you and is a minor source of fructose for most people. The big sources are refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup.
The second one says:
The increasing quantity of fructose in the diet comes from sugar additives (most commonly sucrose and high fructose corn syrup) in beverages and processed foods.
Is there a problem with fruit or should consumers be more wary of refined and concentrated sources of fructose? After all, fruit has lots of health benefits, such as providing antioxidants, vit C and fibre, although admittedly it isn't very effective as an offensive weapon.

[Edited 6/1/2014 9:02:27 AM ]

6/1/2014 9:20:46 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

I'll move it over here.

Quote from xashax:
It's moderation. You shouldn't eat a bushel of oranges or mangoes in one sitting for instance. I have a weakness for grapes and red wine but I just have like a handful and a glass and I'm done.

6/1/2014 9:21:45 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
clarencec
Over 2,000 Posts (3,667)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
57, joined Oct. 2008

Thanx for the bump.

Result of a swift Google..
Fructose not responsible for increase in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, research shows

Date: February 26, 2014

Source: St. Michael's Hospital

Summary:

A meta-analysis of all available human trials says fructose in and of itself is not to blame for the increase in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Since the disease is closely linked to obesity and Type 2 diabetes, there's a growing debate in the medical community about whether diet plays a role in its development, specifically the consumption of fructose. However, a new review suggests fructose is not to blame, but that excess consumption of calories can contribute to the disease, regardless of whether those calories came from fructose or other carbohydrates.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140226075021.htm

6/1/2014 11:00:42 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

iyamwutiyam
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,343)
Intercourse, PA
46, joined Dec. 2011

I've done a little research here and it seems the mushroom has been ignored. Its not a fruit or a vegetable. Its a fungus among us.

Do you know that this fungus can be worth over $3,600 a pound? According to one CBS report there was a sale for $150,000 for just a pound. Amazing...

Is this the food of the gods? It would seem so.

Here is a mushroom head. St-Martin-Chartres-Cathedral, France 12th century A.D

Amanita muscaria mushroom imagery encoded in stained glass, Notre Dame de Laon, France 13th century. Those damned French!

Here is Jesus making a magical visit from a mushroom.

Doesn't that look a lot like Alice in Wonderland?

This looks like Jesus has mushroom growing off his feet. This might explain the foot fetish foot washing he was so into. He was looking for mushrooms. What are those boys looking at? The mushrooms or a mushroom penis of Jesus? There seems to be a connection there. Or is that an erection there?

Catalunya, Barcelona, 12th century.

Source:
http://www.mushroomstone.com/partibreaking.htm

John of Patmos ate hallucinogenic mushrooms because they grew wild on Patmos. You'd have to be tripping to write up that psychotic shit.

[Edited 6/1/2014 11:02:15 AM ]

6/1/2014 11:05:06 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Great post Iyam!

Peace

6/1/2014 11:07:31 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
46, joined Dec. 2011

While we're on mushrooms

This homo-erotic image is actually in a church at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Oklahoma showing Jesus in all his glory. Kind of gives meaning to Jesus having a second coming, maybe a third and fourth too?

6/1/2014 11:14:15 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Yes, John Allegro wrote a book about Jesus and the mushroom, and
John the Revelator is said to have eaten a mushroom before the revelation!!

Here is part one about the mushroom , and it is really interesting.......

Not that I totally subscribe, but it is very interesting and could hold some answers or pieces of the puzzel. This but the first part!!

6/1/2014 11:18:24 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
While we're on mushrooms

This homo-erotic image is actually in a church at St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Oklahoma showing Jesus in all his glory. Kind of gives meaning to Jesus having a second coming, maybe a third and fourth too?

I thought that Jesus was Hebrew and was circumcised ?

Peace

6/1/2014 11:27:02 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

Psilocybin and hallucinatory properties aside, mushrooms are fantastic. I would eat them consistently if I could. I have found that Asian groceries are the best in terms of getting different strains that you wouldn't normally be able to locate in standard grocery chain stores such as oyster and shiitake. You can get them dehydrated and then just soak in water for a few hours to rehydrate. That way you dont feel compelled to eat them right away and they store nicely.

6/1/2014 11:27:41 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
46, joined Dec. 2011

I have to wonder now if the forbidden fruit wasn't really a metaphorical apple but a literal mushroom. And one can speculate circumcision thing was to keep the mushroom exposed.

6/1/2014 11:31:08 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

No it was a fruit known as "soma" that is grown in the Middle East and was in use by the pagans because it could be fermented and made into a drink that had narcotic properties. It was used during rituals.

6/1/2014 11:34:04 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
46, joined Dec. 2011

There doesn't seem to be any concrete definition of what soma was yet it is further proof that drug induced effects were a source of religious inspiration.

6/1/2014 11:48:43 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

I dont know what its botanic classification is exactly but supposedly it was utilized in these pagan rituals that took place in gardens to gain transcendent knowledge. So that may have been the catalysis for the appropriation into the Judea myth to associate this increase in human awareness with something forbidden, and only therefore possessed by the gods.

6/1/2014 12:29:59 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

iyamwutiyam
Intercourse, PA
46, joined Dec. 2011

The psychotic episode caused either by drug or mental condition are both accepted sources for such increased human awareness. The hallucination, if in accordance with accepted faith, is a source for such secret knowledge because its considered an awareness. Its a deranged example of its anti-philosphics.

As for physical health, we see in a religion of the desert, specifically Christianity, that physical health is often abhorred. We see too many examples where the physical body is denied health and physically mortified.

In religions of the east, the exact opposite. We find that mind,body and spirit are aligned and all aspects are developed to greater adeptness. Its interesting that Tibetan Buddhists can withstand extreme cold because they are capable of raising their internal temperature. And they are vegetarians

[Edited 6/1/2014 12:31:49 PM ]

6/3/2014 11:46:14 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Clarence, thank you for reading the links I provided, and for your learned response.
As I previously mentioned, I am a food nazi. Any person, any group, can not be limited to one classification; so my dietary beliefs might also classify me as a fructose alarmist. I perhaps could have provided better links to the fructose controversy, but it is really up to the individual to research and decide for oneself.

And I must add one caveat, as is true of anyone and their firmly held beliefs...we must honestly draw the line between what we preach and what we practice. I am going to provide a couple of snippets from different sites. None of this is my original work, and I am being negligent and lazy by not quoting the sources. I don't have much time to play on the computer except on the weekend. I have to get two days work done today, as I am taking tomorrow off to take my 89 year old mother to CostCo for hearing aids, in a wheel chair taxi cab. I would be happy to discuss this issue further, but to be most honest, I enjoy playing with the dumb animals on this forum, those who believe that their way is the only way, than discussing human metabolism.

My basic tenet of good health is that you should eat to maintain the health of your liver. Your liver is the nexus of your health and longevity, hence the name live...r.
The liver provides many functions, and there are too many metabolic pathways to discuss here. To put it most simply, when you make the liver's work easy, when you take stress off the liver, (fructose is processed by the liver), all your physical and mental processes improve. There are liver cleansing diets, there are liver maintenance diets. I include dandelion leaf in my daily diet, as well as broccoli, and nuts and seeds.
Search for liver healthy diet online. Sometimes "poisonous" foods masquerade as "natural" ones, such as agave syrup, which is 90% fructose.

The point that I wanted to make, but did not do completely before is that Fructose is not your friend. Fructose is also not your enemy. Fructose is an associate, one player in our diet, that you must negotiate with. The title of your very important thread, may be a bit misleading to many. hmmm...10 fruits and veggies a day? I can do that...8 pieces of fruit and a slice of tomato and lettuce on my dead cow sandwich. As stated immediately below, "a few servings of fruit" every day...not 10, and definitely no food product that has corn syrup or sugar in its list of ingredients. And fruit juice ? "Start your day with Orange Juice!" So goes the theme of a popular Television advertisement. That one large glass of orange juice may contain you entire day's allowance of fructose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While regular fruit eaters don’t have anything to worry about, but it’s worth noting that regular eaters of refined sugars like high-fructose corn syrup or sucrose can reach unhealthy levels very easily.

According to a meta-analysis of clinical trials evaluating fructose intake, 25-40 grams of fructose per day is totally safe. That’s 3-6 bananas, 6-10 cups of strawberries, 10-15 cherries, or 2-3 apples per day. Or, as the old advice goes, a few servings of fruit every day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fruit juice has as much sugar as most soft drinks. Worse the “sugar” in juice is Fructose and we can only absorb about 25 grams of Fructose. The rest goes to the liver to be converted into fat and also creates many other problems.

It appears we can absorb, at any one time, up to 25 grams of fructose. Now what is 25 grams? A glass of orange juice has up to 14 grams of fructose, a can of Coke sometimes has 15 to 16 grams of fructose, so you have a rough idea of how much 25 grams is. If you exceed that amount at any one time, individuals with limited fructose absorptive capacity can not absorb this substance and can get symptoms.

What are the symptoms of fructose intolerance?

The usual symptoms are bloating, gas, cramps, diarrhea, constipation–indigestion and sometimes excessive belching. These are common symptoms that a number of patients with this condition describe. (Source)http://missinghumanmanual.com/?tag=fructose

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRUCTOSE-INDUCED HYPERURICEMIA AS A MECHANISM FOR CARDIORENAL DISEASE
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/86/4/899.long
Nakagawa et al (51) recently showed in experimental animals that lowering uric acid concentrations could largely prevent features of the metabolic syndrome induced by fructose, including weight gain, hypertriacylglycerolemia, hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance, and hypertension. The protective effect of lowering uric acid concentrations on the development of the metabolic syndrome was shown regardless of whether the uric acid concentrations were lowered by using a xanthine oxidase inhibitor or a uricosuric agent (51).

These studies were surprising, because most authorities had considered uric acid to be either biologically inert or an important antioxidant in the plasma (59). However, uric acid was found to have numerous deleterious biologic functions. For example, uric acid stimulates both vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and the release of chemotactic and inflammatory substances (60–62), induces monocyte chemotaxis (63), inhibits endothelial cell proliferation and migration (64, 65), and causes oxidative stress in adipocytes, which results in the impaired secretion of adiponectin (66).

In animals, the effect of elevated uric acid concentrations is even more pronounced. For example, mildly hyperuricemic rats develop hypertension because of the inhibition of nitric oxide synthase in the macula densa, the stimulation of intrarenal renin, and a reduction in endothelial nitric oxide bioavailability (67). Over time, hyperuricemic rats develop renal arteriosclerosis that then causes the animals to develop a salt-sensitive form of hypertension (62). Hyperuricemic rats also develop slowly progressive renal disease with renal vasoconstriction and glomerular hypertension (68). An increase in uric acid in animals with preexistent renal disease accelerates the progression of the disease (69).

6/3/2014 11:47:25 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Whereas human diseases such as obesity, renal disease, and cardiovascular diseases likely have complex and multifactorial origins, recent studies have suggested that uric acid is an independent risk factor for these diseases. Uric acid has now been found to be an independent predictor of hypertension in 15 of 16 published studies, including a recent report by the Framingham Heart Study group (70–85). Uric acid is also an independent predictor of obesity (86), hyperinsulinemia (87), and renal disease (88). Furthermore, uric acid concentrations are elevated in the vast majority (89%) of adolescents with new-onset hypertension, and in pilot studies, the lowering of uric acid concentrations was found to reduce blood pressure in these subjects (89, 90). A recent prospective, controlled trial also reported that the lowering of uric acid concentrations in patients with hyperuricemia and renal disease resulted in significantly slower renal progression and a significant (13 mm Hg) fall in systolic blood pressure that was not observed in the controls (91). Whereas more clinical studies are clearly needed, these data suggest that uric acid may contribute to the cardiorenal disease epidemic.

The mechanism by which uric acid causes these effects may involve a reduction in the concentrations of endothelial nitric oxide. Uric acid potently reduces the concentrations of endothelial nitric oxide in vitro and in vivo in experimental animals (64, 65). Hyperuricemia in humans is also strongly associated with endothelial dysfunction (92, 93), and lowering uric acid concentrations has consistently been shown to improve endothelial function after several weeks (94–98). In turn, a reduction in endothelial nitric oxide predisposes animals to develop features of the metabolic syndrome. For example, genetically modified mice that lack endothelial nitric oxide synthase develop many features of metabolic syndrome, including hypertension, hypertriacylglycerolemia, and insulin resistance (99).

Several potential mechanisms may explain how an impaired production of endothelial nitric oxide results in features of the metabolic syndrome. For example, a reduction in nitric oxide results in systemic and intrarenal vasoconstriction, renal microvascular disease, and systemic hypertension (100). Endothelial nitric oxide is also critical in mediating the increase in blood flow to the skeletal muscle in response to insulin, and blocking nitric oxide can result in higher blood insulin concentrations and peripheral insulin resistance (101). In turn, insulin stimulates the secretion of hepatic triacylglycerol (102).

It should be noted that obesity itself can also induce insulin resistance, in part by the intracellular accumulation of triacylglycerols (102). Once renal arteriosclerosis develops, hypertension also becomes salt sensitive and renal dependent (103). Finally, the progressive loss of renal function and mass will result in intrarenal hemodynamic changes that favor a continued decline in renal function (104). Hence, fructose- and uric acid–associated mechanisms are likely to be of more importance in the initial development of the metabolic syndrome phenotype and may become less important once obesity, hypertension, and renal disease become established.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/3/2014 11:53:13 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Here's another snippet, from your side of the pond. No one study is absolute. No one way is the correct, only way. I just believe that some of this information is alarming, and thus, I am a fructose alarmist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2044880/The-rotten-truth-Why-fruit-sugar-damaging-ingredients-food.html

The latest fears were raised last week by research that found people who consume lots of fructose by drinking fruit juice have an increased risk of rectal cancer.

The research, published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, suggests that the high content of fructose in processed fruit juice may be the trigger.

The problem, the researchers say, is that many substances found in fruit which help protect against bowel cancer — such as fibre, vitamin C and other antioxidants — are lost during processing.

There have been other concerns about the fructose content of fruit juice. Earlier this year, scientists at Bangor University warned that even freshly-squeezed juice contains up to five teaspoons of fructose per glass, which may lead to weight gain or even diabetes.

The British Dietetic Association says that because of this we should drink only one 150ml glass of juice a day.

It warns: ‘Although fruit juice is natural, it has had all the fibre squeezed out of it and so the fructose is easily absorbed into the bloodstream.’

If only keeping one’s consumption of fructose down to safe daily levels were that straightforward.

Nowadays, fructose is cropping up not just in fruit juice, where it occurs naturally, but in all sorts of foods and drinks — from biscuits to ice cream.

Most consumers wouldn’t know: it can be listed in the ingredients under a variety of names. The most common name for industrially produced versions is high-fructose corn syrup. It is a processed form of fructose derived basically from corn.

In the UK, it is replacing beet and cane sugar, because it’s cheap and keeps foods moist, boosting shelf life. It adds texture to food such as cereal bars and biscuits, making them chewy, and thickens ice cream and yoghurt drinks.

High-fructose-corn syrup is used in frozen products, too, as it reduces crystallisation. Another benefit is that it turns baked products an appetising brown, so you can often find it in cakes, pastries and bread rolls, crackers and cereals.

It’s easy to see why manufacturers of food and drink love corn syrup — and are using so much of it. A low-fat, fruit-flavoured yoghurt, for instance, can harbour ten teaspoons of the fructose-based sweetener in one pot. A can of soft drink can contain as much as 13 teaspoons.

Scientists are now growing increasingly worried about fructose syrup’s health effects, because although it contains around the same number of calories as cane sugar, the body does not metabolise fructose syrup in the same way.

It places a far greater load on the liver, which, in turn, prompts a range of problems, including raised levels of fat in the bloodstream.

6/3/2014 12:34:31 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
civesiustitiam
Blue Mountain, AR
68, joined May. 2014

Unauthored bump

6/3/2014 4:54:55 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Poet,do you know anything about Stevia?

6/3/2014 5:01:50 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

I found this, and it sings the praises of Stevia.

6/3/2014 5:07:28 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

We know that high fructose corn syrup is a problem because its been linked to type 2 diabetes and is quite pervasive as an ingredient in processed foods however just eating a piece of fruit such as an apple or orange seems to be a reasonably healthy choice because then you are also getting the fiber content in the skin (I even eat the seeds and core) as well as the vitamins and minerals. I prefer avocados because they are dense, super high fiber and dont have that sweet taste. They are more savory.

6/3/2014 5:39:31 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

I get alot of fiber from that Nutri-bullet, blast I have every morning. I throw whole fruit peel,seeds and all in.

Except all of the citrus, I use part of the peel, not all of it. Messes up the blades too much . Regardless, I am drinking this smoothie that is loaded with the fiber,and in essence, I am consuming live food in its most natural state.

6/3/2014 9:33:34 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from woodsmamma:
Poet,do you know anything about Stevia?

Liquid stevia extract
...now there is a real miracle...i sing its praises too...amazingly sweet..a little bottle lasts for a month. The powdered form always comes with another sugar substrate, such as maltodextrin.

6/3/2014 9:57:04 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Woodsmama and X and Clarence, and anybody else within range of my text...please google "benefits of dandelion leaves." Dandelion is the epitome of one man's trash is another's treasure. I put dandelion leaves and/or parsley leaves in my smoothies with some, varying variety of berry (low sugar, high fiber, high antioxidant )and liquid stevia. I use either a vegan protein
base or whey isolate, but as I haven't consumed any dairy in so long I don't tolerate the whey as well....but dandelion..."ooo, its a nasty weed"...please check it out

6/3/2014 10:14:23 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from lickerpoet:
Liquid stevia extract
...now there is a real miracle...i sing its praises too...amazingly sweet..a little bottle lasts for a month. The powdered form always comes with another sugar substrate, such as maltodextrin.

Yes that's what I use in the smoothies I make with the nutribullit.

Dandelion is also good for shedding weight, I read.

I love greens, I put them in my smoothies too.

6/3/2014 10:29:55 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Sometimes i use coconut extract and parsley...parsley is high in iron, a perfect protein i think (all essential amino acids) but it is also nature's breathe freshener. It gives the smoothy a heavenly taste, and a segue back to the subject of this forum.

6/3/2014 10:35:32 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (2,475)
Birmingham, AL
53, joined Feb. 2011

well i agree with this topic and as a seventh day adventist they teach the health message. although i have not lived up to the health diet like i should have i agree. i am fairly healthy at the moment with a few small disorders. and i take a few meds. thats what happens when you do not follow the health plan. but i will say this there are some who eat healthy but still get things wrong. but i agree we should eat healthy. and i think now i will start eating nothing but healthy diets. its not easy once you get stuck on certain foods and cola drinks, but i believe it can be changed and i have heard stories how some even older people changed there diet and had heart disease and diabetes and so cured. thank goodness i dont have diabetes or heart disease. i have a leaking mitral valve and my triglyc. are high but thats about it other then some aches and pains. good topic

6/3/2014 11:09:18 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Wayn...you might want to research the Leptin diet..
No, Leptin is not doctor who is selling his book, or a miracle cure. Leptin is a hormone that tells you that you are satieted...but the regimen might help you quickly. Basically it starts with eating protein first thing in the morning, and waiting hours between meals to let the triglycerides clear out of your bloodstream, enabling the leptin to relay its message. The leptin diet refutes another diet scheme that says you should eat often, many mini-meals to keep the metabolic fire stoked. I would bet my life and health on the leptin way, but there is never one way for everyone.

6/4/2014 4:24:43 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
chrisbrz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,780)
Wilmette, IL
40, joined May. 2011

Someone posted a blackbean soup recipe at work with an article about how it was beneficial for burning tummy fat.
I've also always heard the grapefuit or grapefruit juice before bed is a fatburner.

My biggest adjustment this year has been trying to pack more salads for lunch and cut back on the slowcooker roasts of meat and potatoes.

If I do the roasts I'm trying to use cabbage, kraut, peppers, chicken, etc. rather than the red meat and carb laden tater.

I'm pretty sure I'm neglecting to get enough juice and fruits, my joints get sore too often.

I liked that idea Asha posted about getting dehydrated shrooms which can be kept longer and then just adding water when you want them.
Thats a good idea because I always feel like I have to eat the shrooms quickly before they start
perishing/turning.
I hadn't thought of dehydrated before.

6/4/2014 5:05:57 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

Yes mushrooms are very healthy and you can pretty much devour them with impunity. They are good in soups or as a side dish. Where I live now there are no local Asian groceries. That really bites because I love those types of ethnic markets because you can often locate hidden gastronomic treasures in these places that Americans are unfamiliar with because most of us have just grown so accustomed to ingesting processed crap. So if you have any type of ethnic grocery store (usually smaller and family run), particularly of the Asian variety, do some research on their products and then visit. Some foods smell like dirty feet while in the process of prep and cooking but taste very nice once blended and the flavors have merged somewhat. If you have no Asian groceries, then most chain stores just carry fresh packaged wild mushrooms.

6/4/2014 5:09:52 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

asanb
Over 2,000 Posts (3,771)
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

I've tried dried mushrooms and have never been able to get enough flavor from them, and the texture is often off. Fortunately there is a local organic mushroom company that sells at the farmer's markets if you can catch them.

I also paid for a CSA share with a local farm. Starting this week it's a pile of produce on a weekly pickup for the next 20 weeks. Not certified organic but they do promise minimal chemicals, and there's real value in local and fresh.
the money comes out to about $15/ week. If I can get most of my produce there it will reduce the food budget by 1/2 for the summer.

6/4/2014 5:13:22 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

asanb
Over 2,000 Posts (3,771)
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

Asha, NHmushrooms.com Very good stuff. Tamworth NH

6/4/2014 7:03:02 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from xashax:
Yes mushrooms are very healthy and you can pretty much devour them with impunity. They are good in soups or as a side dish. Where I live now there are no local Asian groceries. That really bites because I love those types of ethnic markets because you can often locate hidden gastronomic treasures in these places that Americans are unfamiliar with because most of us have just grown so accustomed to ingesting processed crap. So if you have any type of ethnic grocery store (usually smaller and family run), particularly of the Asian variety, do some research on their products and then visit. Some foods smell like dirty feet while in the process of prep and cooking but taste very nice once blended and the flavors have merged somewhat. If you have no Asian groceries, then most chain stores just carry fresh packaged wild mushrooms.

I go every year to the forest, and pick Chantrell mushrooms they are a peach colored muchroom beautiful!!

Last year they didn't get enough rain to get what I usually pick. We got a good picking tho', and I sautee' them in olice ol with green onions and garlic.

I love them raw in my salads too!!

If I get a bargain at the store I dry them too.

[Edited 6/4/2014 7:04:59 AM ]

6/4/2014 7:06:27 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
61, joined Feb. 2009

Here is a vid about foraging for Chantrells.

I thought folks might want to know what they looked like.

[Edited 6/4/2014 7:07:25 AM ]

6/4/2014 7:33:28 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

I haven't noticed a dramatic decline in flavor once hydrated but that's not to say fresh isn't always going to be superior. It's just that sometimes people cant always eat them quickly enough so it can facilitate ease of long term storage and you have virtually no leeway on mushrooms. It might also depend on the type and certain species are more conducive to hydration than others. The dried ones Ive been able to locate in the Asian groceries are usually shiitake and oyster. The straw variety come canned and you just drain the liquid. Those are good in Thai soups.

[Edited 6/4/2014 7:34:22 AM ]

6/4/2014 7:35:40 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

Quote from asanb:
Asha, NHmushrooms.com Very good stuff. Tamworth NH

Thanks, I'll have a gander.

6/4/2014 10:27:21 PM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

lickerpoet
Over 2,000 Posts (2,866)
Hialeah, FL
54, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from xashax:
Thanks, I'll have a gander.

If you are the goose , then I'll gladly be your gander.

6/5/2014 1:25:47 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
chrisbrz
Wilmette, IL
40, joined May. 2011

I also miss having a good Asian market locally Asha.
Vegas had the greatest Asian grocery store, the veggies , seafood,
spice selection was just a treat.

Locally our best staple is great "fresh catch" walleye, perch, and whitefish that a few places will even deliver. They are on Speed Dial!

6/5/2014 3:17:05 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

Yes that's one element of California that I miss terribly. There was a much more diverse population so you had an assortment of ethnic markets to choose from. Here it's all very provincial. The local Catholic Church, Our Lady of Reluctant Immigration, is a testament to the overall appeal of outsiders.

6/5/2014 3:23:07 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  
chrisbrz
Wilmette, IL
40, joined May. 2011

Quote from xashax:
Yes that's one element of California that I miss terribly. There was a much more diverse population so you had an assortment of ethnic markets to choose from. Here it's all very provincial. The local Catholic Church, Our Lady of Reluctant Immigration, is a testament to the overall appeal of outsiders.

6/6/2014 5:59:30 AM Eating 10 Fruit & Veg a Day Avoids Prematurely Meeting Your Maker  

xashax
Union, NH
42, joined May. 2009

I have a thing for kosher dills also. I get the this brand here most often. Ive tried others and Nathans may run a close second but these are fantastic. See all that muck at the bottom of the jar? Don't throw that away. You can pour the juice onto salads and it makes a dressing. I know it must be a boatload of sodium but I tend to feel if I'm craving salt, I must require it.