Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonal eu

The been varrified app is totally accessable. asian dating in missouri And much more than that, contemplate what abilities or qualities you essentially present. Do I have to have to disclose my identity to use the forums? No, you can use the forums anonymously, and you do not have to post a photo. hooking up in spain You could possibly be thinking that becoming seniors may well be much less prone to on line catfishing or came.

www skipthegames

They will rarely ask you a question about a challenging time or connection. colorado springs phone chat If all the apps have been personified, The League would be the most narcissistic. I ran across a couple of younger female boat hitch hikers but I smelled problems there. nancy hernandez onlyfans If you have ever felt like really like is a battlefield loaded with shitty dudes waiting to stomp on your heart although producing you pick up the cheque , have no fear—we ve allbeen there.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/3/2015 7:37:54 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (46,024)
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

no, not that....I was flipping around with the remote trying to find something good to watch.

I went up to VH1 Classics, clicked it and there was Led Zeppelin in the Movie, "the song remains the same", just as they started to play the live version of "Stairway to Heaven".

What do you think the meaning and story is behind that song?

Or is there one?

[Edited 3/3/2015 7:38:31 AM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/3/2015 7:39:26 AM I got lucky the other night!  

kawkasian
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,071)
Houston, TX
47, joined Sep. 2014

It means you should have kept flipping up the channels (stairway to heaven) until you found The legend of Mick Dodge

3/3/2015 7:42:48 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

I don't get the western channel....

3/3/2015 7:44:43 AM I got lucky the other night!  

archer513
Over 1,000 Posts (1,235)
Cincinnati, OH
40, joined Dec. 2014

Sometimes musicians get really high and write songs. Those songs mean nothing,but merely sounded good high.

3/3/2015 7:47:24 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

and it could be one of those things....where the listener gets high and interprets it in their own way.

3/3/2015 7:49:12 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

Maybe, its really a mystical sounding song about a Gold Digger....

3/3/2015 7:57:22 AM I got lucky the other night!  

markjetson
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,989)
Albuquerque, NM
59, joined Jan. 2013

I used to like Stairway, until I found out when you spin it backwards it supposedly says some weird stuff. Although I own all the old Beatles Albums, including Sgt Peppers framed, hanging on my wall right now- and those say things too-"Paul is dead" I think. My son was doing a report in HS a while back on that subject, (reverse album spinning) or something close to that and told me about Stairway to Heaven. I have an old school Techniques turn table, hooked to an old school Yamaha CR-600 Natural Sound Receiver, but I heard it mess's up the Stylus to spin'em backwards.

3/3/2015 7:58:10 AM I got lucky the other night!  

kawkasian
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,071)
Houston, TX
47, joined Sep. 2014

When I was a wee lad we had a term called "the giggle line".

When you took a date to the movies and you slowly slipped your hand up her skirt...the giggle line was when you reached the bit where the stocking top ended and the soft thigh skin began...you both giggled...hence the giggle line.

Stairway to heaven could have a similar meaning

3/3/2015 8:02:44 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

This thread attracted more attention than I expected.

I just got a message from one of the band members, and with what he explained to me.

Its exactly what I thought it was.

The problem is he thinks now, there are only 5 people that know this.

I told him, lets wait and see if there are more.

If not...maybe its time the world knows.

funny...we must have had some of the same connections.

[Edited 3/3/2015 8:03:54 AM ]

3/3/2015 8:07:17 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from markjetson:
I used to like Stairway, until I found out when you spin it backwards it supposedly says some weird stuff. Although I own all the old Beatles Albums, including Sgt Peppers framed, hanging on my wall right now- and those say things too-"Paul is dead" I think. My son was doing a report in HS a while back on that subject, (reverse album spinning) or something close to that and told me about Stairway to Heaven. I have an old school Techniques turn table, hooked to an old school Yamaha CR-600 Natural Sound Receiver, but I heard it mess's up the Stylus to spin'em backwards.

you don't spend them backwards.

You play them forward and you spin backwards, upside down at the end of a spiral tunnel.

3/3/2015 8:11:09 AM I got lucky the other night!  

markjetson
Albuquerque, NM
59, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from bumblebee7:
you don't spend them backwards.

You play them forward and you spin backwards, upside down at the end of a spiral tunnel.
I only do that when I'm playing Pick up Sticks with my butt cheeks.

3/3/2015 8:17:08 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

I use to do that too...then I progressed to chop sticks.

Sometimes if other people are sitting too close at a Chinese Buffet, I'll use chop sticks with my butt cheeks to eat with....and that does a great job in getting some distance.

3/3/2015 9:10:39 AM I got lucky the other night!  

happy_geezer
Over 1,000 Posts (1,494)
Patchogue, NY
56, joined Sep. 2014

Jimmy Page wrote the music before Robert Plant started working on the lyrics. He wrote them quickly and has never ascribed any deeper meaning other than the obvious one, death.

Oh and by the way, the concert footage used in the movie was FAR from them at their best. They all hated it, but the project was delayed for a long time and they did not have much choice....

3/3/2015 9:26:54 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

That's not what Jimmy told me.

3/3/2015 9:30:49 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

He told me that.. no writer or them in the band wrote the song.

It happened one night during a mind bending buzz.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds re-incarnated herself into their minds, and thru some form of suggestion...put the words and music in their thoughts and dreams..

So she could have another song written about her.

3/3/2015 9:33:01 AM I got lucky the other night!  

happy_geezer
Over 1,000 Posts (1,494)
Patchogue, NY
56, joined Sep. 2014

3/3/2015 9:33:03 AM I got lucky the other night!  

archer513
Over 1,000 Posts (1,235)
Cincinnati, OH
40, joined Dec. 2014

Led Zeppelin just ripped off american blues men anyway. Half their music is a sham.

3/3/2015 9:35:12 AM I got lucky the other night!  

happy_geezer
Over 1,000 Posts (1,494)
Patchogue, NY
56, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from archer513:
Led Zeppelin just ripped off american blues men anyway. Half their music is a sham.

All music is derivative.

3/3/2015 9:39:06 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

Well...I like 'em.

Great songs and sound either way.

and I think Page was one of the best ever as far as guitar.

3/3/2015 10:24:23 AM I got lucky the other night!  
giss7
Over 1,000 Posts (1,957)
New Orleans, LA
56, joined Nov. 2014

Or, like me, you could be old enough to been there on that tour.

3/3/2015 10:37:55 AM I got lucky the other night!  

markjetson
Albuquerque, NM
59, joined Jan. 2013

You dudes are so old science probably wants to examine how you could be fossilized and still living. "Dr. Johnson, looks like we found the Missing Links, and on a dating site no less."

3/3/2015 10:51:38 AM I got lucky the other night!  

Elisa78
GhurianAlmería
Spain
36, joined Jan. 2015

Quote from markjetson:
You dudes are so old science probably wants to examine how you could be fossilized and still living. "Dr. Johnson, looks like we found the Missing Links, and on a dating site no less."

Good music is good music. If u can see that, u should go to Science uself maybe the can found u taste.

3/3/2015 12:00:10 PM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

^^^^^^^^^So, a dude 59 years old said that....lol.

You'll see it all in the forums.

3/3/2015 12:32:30 PM I got lucky the other night!  

jer3552
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,448)
Vale, OR
60, joined Oct. 2013

Jacobs ladder

3/3/2015 12:35:10 PM I got lucky the other night!  

playingindirt
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,458)
Eugene, OR
59, joined Mar. 2014

I don't care who actually wrote the lyrics. Its good music.
stairway to heaven to when the levee breaks were fabulous songs and so is their other stuff.
I like dylans lyrics too and a lot of music.
TOOL is heavier. the music and the musicians for TOOL are intense and so is their music and is why they're my favorite.

when led zeppelin first came out the lyrics and the music was intense and great music compared to the lemon sisters or andy williams which was all there was then to listen to until bands like led zeppelin happened. excuse me if i am soooo happy there is led zeppelin and TOOL and all the other great bands. lol

rock and roll will never die.

[Edited 3/3/2015 12:38:50 PM ]

3/3/2015 12:40:28 PM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

^^^I was waiting to see what you thought the lyric's mean in the song to you..

I figured you'd have a pretty good explanation.

I have one on the bottom of the first age....lol

3/3/2015 12:45:12 PM I got lucky the other night!  

Elisa78
GhurianAlmería
Spain
36, joined Jan. 2015

My kiddo as a baby just to love Sailing for bedtime.

3/3/2015 12:53:25 PM I got lucky the other night!  

playingindirt
Eugene, OR
59, joined Mar. 2014

Quote from bumblebee7:
^^^I was waiting to see what you thought the lyric's mean in the song to you..

I figured you'd have a pretty good explanation.

I have one on the bottom of the first age....lol

I do. It has a lot of meaning but only the actual writer knows really.

the interpretation of stairway to heaven can be taken in more than one way.
I think the writing of "when the levee breaks" was a result of their experience in life that "stairway to heaven" was about. lol

Ill leave it at that. I can go into depth i don't need to.

Im just going by the lyrics.

[Edited 3/3/2015 12:56:24 PM ]

3/3/2015 12:58:21 PM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

I never really thought in depth about the meaning....just love the song.

3/3/2015 1:26:16 PM I got lucky the other night!  

hurryme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,357)
Bloomingdale, GA
50, joined Mar. 2011

See if you can find Stairway to Heaven by The Far Corporation.

Excellent re-make IMO.

3/3/2015 1:32:33 PM I got lucky the other night!  

playingindirt
Eugene, OR
59, joined Mar. 2014

Quote from bumblebee7:
I never really thought in depth about the meaning....just love the song.

I take what i need out of the music i listen to. some lyrics in some songs is an experience. music is an experience. lol
I don't go anywhere without music. of course i can't listen it 24/7 though.
i have just some just for walking and all of it is to tune out people until im ready to actually talk other than a howdy.
Im not an extrovert.

[Edited 3/3/2015 1:35:34 PM ]

3/3/2015 3:12:32 PM I got lucky the other night!  

kartusch
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,509)
Logan, UT
40, joined May. 2014

I don't have to think.

I got google.

3/3/2015 3:24:19 PM I got lucky the other night!  

zane097
Over 2,000 Posts (3,062)
Arvada, CO
47, joined May. 2014

It means the members of Led Zeppelin got higher than any other human beings ever could on a potpourri of drugs.

Great song though. I watched that movie on mushrooms once. Good lord. When dude started swinging that thing and it was changing colors, i swear i vaporized into the tv. I could have explained it quite well on that night.

3/3/2015 3:30:49 PM I got lucky the other night!  
boombap_808
Los Angeles, CA
40, joined Jan. 2015

He's singing about the micky dees on the second floor.

3/3/2015 5:30:53 PM I got lucky the other night!  

debyduh
Over 1,000 Posts (1,052)
Hamburg, PA
51, joined May. 2014

I love Led Zeppelin. I used to live and breathe Led Zep. We used to go to the midnight theater to watch Song Remains the Same. I think I know every note and every word of every song. Funny how we found out Bonham died without email and cells phones. We were all planning on camping out for tickets for the Philadelphia concert that never happened. Probably a good thing though I would have ended up getting in trouble at the concert.

I was lucky enough to see what was left at Live Aid so that will have to due. I just watched an interview with Page a few days ago on the rerelease of Physical Graffiti. He is still cool. Seeing the remaining three live was my getting lucky.

I have a picture I drew of Plant still in my note pad. I did a sculpture of the reaper. I did so much art revolving around them.

Very cool thread Bee. I think the song means no matter how hard you try you can't buy your way to heaven and we all eventually have to face the music.

3/3/2015 9:29:55 PM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

^^^^^^^^well, I got more curious and decided to google the lyrics and figure it out.

but I came across this, which is a lengthy exert, from a longer page of information about the song.

as follows:

Robert Plant spent much of the '70s answering questions about the lyrics he wrote for "Stairway." When asked why the song was so popular, he said it could be its "abstraction," adding, "Depending on what day it is, I still interpret the song a different way - and I wrote the lyrics."

The lyrics take some pretty wild turns, but the beginning of the song is about a woman who accumulates money, only to find out the hard way her life had no meaning and will not get her into heaven. This is the only part Plant would really explain, as he said it was "a woman getting everything she wanted without giving anything back."

Led Zeppelin started planning "Stairway" in early 1970, when they decided to create a new, epic song to replace "Dazed And Confused" as the centerpiece of their concerts. Jimmy Page would work on the song in an 8-track studio he had installed in his boathouse, trying out different sections on guitar. By April, he was telling journalists that their new song might be 15 minutes long, and described it as something that would "build towards a climax" with John Bonham's drums not coming in for some time. in October, 1970 after about 18 months of near constant touring, Page and Plant worked on the song at a Welsh cottage called Bron-yr-Aur, where they started writing songs for the album. They started recording it in December when the band convened at Island Studios in London, but were only able to record the intro to their satisfaction.

To complete "Stairway" and the rest of the album, they changed venues and went to Headley Grange in Liphook Road, Headley, Hampshire, where they recorded using a mobile studio owned by The Rolling Stones. It was a huge, old, dusty mansion with no electricity but great acoustics. Bands would go there to get some privacy and focus on songwriting, as the biggest distractions were the sheep and other wildlife. Here's more information and a photo of Headley Grange.

The lyrics came to Robert Plant in a flash of inspiration when he and Jimmy Page were sitting by the fireplace at Headley Grange with Page strumming the intro chords. Said Plant: "I was holding a pencil and paper, and for some reason I was in a very bad mood. Then all of a sudden my hand was writing out the words, 'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold/And she's buying a stairway to heaven.' I just sat there and looked at the words and then I almost leapt out of my seat."

3/3/2015 9:32:38 PM I got lucky the other night!  

apokernut
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,239)
Elk Grove Village, IL
52, joined Jan. 2008

Song was written in 15 minutes. Fact.

Record label said they needed one more song for album. It was supposed to be a filler!

3/4/2015 1:10:01 AM I got lucky the other night!  
iam_resurrected
Over 1,000 Posts (1,383)
Reno, NV
44, joined Jul. 2014

I love the story Page tells how they (Plant) explained sitting down to write "Stairway to Heaven". Truth or not, according to the legend by them they were sort of seeking and searching into a darker realm. And for some reason they reached a point into that experience where (said by them both (Plant and Page), It was as if an invisible hand took hold of his hand (Plant) and the words were written down before all of the members of Zep). It was not until the writing stopped that they even knew what the words were and about.

I guess Op, if you like a good story then "Stairway to Heaven" was written by Luicypher and friends and basically is explaining that hell is a hell of a lot more fun than heaven

3/4/2015 1:16:19 AM I got lucky the other night!  

Champaree
Australian Capital
Australia
84, joined Jan. 2015

Quote from bumblebee7:
no, not that....I was flipping around with the remote trying to find something good to watch.

I went up to VH1 Classics, clicked it and there was Led Zeppelin in the Movie, "the song remains the same", just as they started to play the live version of "Stairway to Heaven".

What do you think the meaning and story is behind that song?

Or is there one?

awww ..... I thought it was going to be something 'spicy' LOL

3/4/2015 2:23:34 AM I got lucky the other night!  

fishnthec
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,749)
Mesquite, TX
63, joined Oct. 2010

As the song itself notes, “Sometimes words have two meanings.” The meaning behind “Stairway’”s words seem, if nothing else, infinite. Lyrically, the tune has dazed and confused many a mind-altered listener with its vague take on duality for the better part of a half-century. But, more often than not, lyrics say more with how they feel than what they really mean, and while “Stairway” is seemingly a song about the inevitability of death that’s really a song about fear but actually a song about greed… or something… Plant communicates its sweeping vagaries with a passionate, pensive and ultimately primal delivery that convinces the listener he knows exactly what he’s singing about. And, really, that’s enough.

On a side note, the song shared "Best Song Of The Year" with none other than John Lennon's Imagine!

3/4/2015 2:30:45 AM I got lucky the other night!  
giss7
Over 1,000 Posts (1,957)
New Orleans, LA
56, joined Nov. 2014

the song is about a woman who accumulates money, only to find out the hard way her life had no meaning and will not get her into heaven. This is the only part Plant would really explain, as he said it was "a woman getting everything she wanted without giving anything back."

So it's about American women.

3/4/2015 3:13:03 AM I got lucky the other night!  

fishnthec
Mesquite, TX
63, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from giss7:
the song is about a woman who accumulates money, only to find out the hard way her life had no meaning and will not get her into heaven. This is the only part Plant would really explain, as he said it was "a woman getting everything she wanted without giving anything back."

So it's about American women.

Nice try Giss, but America don't have May Queens and American women don't wear bustles!

[Edited 3/4/2015 3:13:29 AM ]

3/4/2015 4:23:15 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from Champaree:
awww ..... I thought it was going to be something 'spicy' LOL

I make it a habit never to reveal my sex life on here.

I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's sex life....

3/4/2015 4:25:18 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from iam_resurrected:
I love the story Page tells how they (Plant) explained sitting down to write "Stairway to Heaven". Truth or not, according to the legend by them they were sort of seeking and searching into a darker realm. And for some reason they reached a point into that experience where (said by them both (Plant and Page), It was as if an invisible hand took hold of his hand (Plant) and the words were written down before all of the members of Zep). It was not until the writing stopped that they even knew what the words were and about.

I guess Op, if you like a good story then "Stairway to Heaven" was written by Luicypher and friends and basically is explaining that hell is a hell of a lot more fun than heaven

I read that part where I took the exerts up above from. Plant said it was live the devil took his hand and wrote it....

but drugs can do that to ya.

[Edited 3/4/2015 4:25:31 AM ]

3/4/2015 8:15:20 AM I got lucky the other night!  
giss7
Over 1,000 Posts (1,957)
New Orleans, LA
56, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from fishnthec:
Nice try Giss, but America don't have May Queens and American women don't wear bustles!

That's because their asses are so big they can't get a bustle on. And every left wing controlled city is filled with queens.

3/4/2015 8:24:22 AM I got lucky the other night!  

ibane
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,500)
Zanesville, OH
43, joined Feb. 2014

Idk wtf it means ..don't really care about meanings behind songs.
I do know that whoever thinks Page is one of the best ever...needs to get out more often cuz that couldn't be any further from the truth.

3/4/2015 8:55:58 AM I got lucky the other night!  

jer3552
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,448)
Vale, OR
60, joined Oct. 2013

okay there is several versions of what inspired the song...I was reading several on the internet as this thread got me very curios .....the one story the made the most sense to me was that they had attended a charity event and some rich women there were donating tons of money and the thought that they were trying to buy their way into heaven came to mind whatever great song

3/4/2015 9:09:47 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from ibane:
Idk wtf it means ..don't really care about meanings behind songs.
I do know that whoever thinks Page is one of the best ever...needs to get out more often cuz that couldn't be any further from the truth.

The intervaders get the credit....not those who followed and learn from them.

3/4/2015 9:22:34 AM I got lucky the other night!  

ibane
Zanesville, OH
43, joined Feb. 2014

He had a sound but Those chops were around before him.

I'm not saying he was terrible.
I'm saying he's far from one of the greatest.

3/4/2015 9:31:27 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

For me I go back to that time period and consider what was there.

its just a matter of opinion...and I was speaking of the speed in which he hit his notes, the accuracy, things along that line...plus his own innovations.

Hendrix made some mistakes while playing, but could cover it up because of the effects he used.

As far as innovation....every note, ever style, every everything has been done before, especially since the days when it became a bigger industry...after 1980.

So if you don't give points for that...then no one past a certain era gets any points.

When you compare him with the big names....the blues players from that era and before...Clapton, Hendrix and etc.

Other then Les Paul....he tops them all...and Les didn't play that style....so.

We can appreciate Stevie Ray...but he is a Hendrix clone.

By my standards...B.B. king sucks on guitar, all easy stuff anyone these days can do.

but he gets credit, because in his day, he was considered good.

[Edited 3/4/2015 9:33:30 AM ]

3/4/2015 9:35:04 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

Some say Eric Clapton is the greatest ever.

now that's a joke and funny.

3/4/2015 9:46:57 AM I got lucky the other night!  

rumpledingdong
Mesa, AZ
53, joined Dec. 2012

3/4/2015 9:49:36 AM I got lucky the other night!  

ibane
Zanesville, OH
43, joined Feb. 2014

Agreed on B.B...and Clapton I wouldn't even put in my top 10.

Hendrix and Page would come down
To preference I spose...I choose Hendrix for various reasons. .I think he got more out of his guitar ...not to mention writing. ..performance. .etc.

SRV was badasss..for about 2 songs then the rest were just different names of those 2 songs.

Les Paul...Chet Atkins. .jerry Reed.
Those fools could play a dam guitar.
They were sweeping before sweeping was even a word and doing it on guitars with the strings 4 inches off the neck .

3/4/2015 10:02:43 AM I got lucky the other night!  

apokernut
Elk Grove Village, IL
52, joined Jan. 2008

Alex Lifeson - Rush

Tony Iomni - Black Sabbath

Steve Howe - Yes

Steve Hacket - Genesis

Gary Richrath - REO Speedwagon

Enough said.

3/4/2015 10:07:02 AM I got lucky the other night!  

ibane
Zanesville, OH
43, joined Feb. 2014

Alex
REO is still blowing up stages and they are like a hundred yrs old

But Trey Anastasio from Phish can run circles around them all while jumping on a trampoline

3/4/2015 10:10:18 AM I got lucky the other night!  

apokernut
Elk Grove Village, IL
52, joined Jan. 2008

Quote from ibane:
Alex
REO is still blowing up stages and they are like a hundred yrs old

But Trey Anastasio from Phish can run circles around them all while jumping on a trampoline

Never listened to phish...well a little...but I don't think he cud run circles or bounce.

3/4/2015 10:31:40 AM I got lucky the other night!  

ibane
Zanesville, OH
43, joined Feb. 2014

Phish is definitely not for everyone.
Jazz..funk..rock..reggae. .bluegrass. .psych....and sometimes all in the same song.

Anytime someone can play every type of music there is..and do em all great...

Rush is one of the greatest bands I've seen live. More power from 3 people than u will ever hear

3/4/2015 11:16:26 AM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from ibane:
Agreed on B.B...and Clapton I wouldn't even put in my top 10.

Hendrix and Page would come down
To preference I spose...I choose Hendrix for various reasons. .I think he got more out of his guitar ...not to mention writing. ..performance. .etc.

SRV was badasss..for about 2 songs then the rest were just different names of those 2 songs.

Les Paul...Chet Atkins. .jerry Reed.
Those fools could play a dam guitar.
They were sweeping before sweeping was even a word and doing it on guitars with the strings 4 inches off the neck .

I wouldn't put B.B. in the top one hundred, though I love the guy.

you can ad Roy Clark to that list with Les Paul, and Chet and Jerry too.

I agree with Hendrix, because he invented his style and turned the guitar world upside down and he was on the Johnny Carson show once and Carson asked him to play straight like a Jazz Player...and he did and was great at it.

I rate players by how they play the neck, in coordination with the pick hand, speed, accuaracy and innovation.

Jazz Players can blow away many rock guitarist on basic guitar skills alone.

but Jimmy in that movie when he got pretty heavy was moving on that neck a lot like Les Paul....super fast, all over the place, and never looked at the fret board....double 16th notes...and kinda took jazz style and put it to rock with his own innovations and his leads fit the songs so well.

So its that speed and accuracy is why I rate him high,....those you listed in that sentence all had that too.

As for Clapton....he'd damn good...but no where the greatest...in the movie the last Waltz....I thought in that duel...Robbie Robertson blew him away.

3/4/2015 1:13:31 PM I got lucky the other night!  

fishnthec
Mesquite, TX
63, joined Oct. 2010

Guitar players that have mastered the guitar are no better than any other master guitarist.

There have been thousands to master the guitar. Some are even famous!

Trying to determine who the best guitarist in the world is like asking who the most beautiful women in the world is, and expect an unbiased and intelligent answer.

3/4/2015 1:19:49 PM I got lucky the other night!  

bumblebee7
Fort Payne, AL
59, joined Apr. 2011

That's true....^^^^^^^ I've seen millions that can sing as good as any star.

but to compare anyway...you have to compare when they in their prime....Page is likely in his 70's by now, and you slow down physically and mentally.