Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www rubmaps com

We held hands a couple of instances and just about kissed when, but our relationship went on to dissolve by way of a string of unanswered texts. online dating texas Stream on four devices at when or download your favorites to watch later. He asked about my faith — some thing that was pretty important to me and that I was upfront about in my profile. zoosk wont let me sign up Despite all the hard dates that the Enjoy Challenging creators drew inspiration from, Ewing has also had some actually sweet dating experiences that became bits in the film as nicely.

megapersonals app

As opposed to a lot more specific dating apps, A lot of Fish provides a much less prescriptive, low pressure practical experience that allows you to uncover what you re looking for. free phone chat lines fort lauderdale Scientists making use of machine finding out have discovered the characteristics of a partnership could be a far greater predictor of couples satisfaction than their or their partner s personalities. Cherish the reality that I will even invest time with you occasionally. best dating sites in costa rica Rafael, a 37 year old Brazilian who lives in Finland with his wife, mentioned the strain brought on by the pandemic led him to seriously think about divorce for the 1st time.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

When Melchizedek was here on earth, 4000 years ago, he wore the three concentric circles emblem.

And here is the Flag of God flying over Jerusalem in honor of Jesus' 2000th birthday in 1994.

5/1/2015 1:46:15 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,103)
Hendersonville, TN
74, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from furchizedek:
Hey Slow! This is the best I could do with it, for now. The smokestack letters don't go as far as yours and they don't fade way like yours. I think I could make it happen but it'd take more work than I want to put into it. If there's a simple way, I don't know what it is. I think I did all the simple-way stuff already. Hehe.

But-But-But furch, I see your train version must have gotten with the wrong crowd and it's going to derail and then it will be heading for a unpleasant surprise.

So you need to get on the Real Train below as soon as possible before it is too late.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/1/2015 8:37:57 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from josiemae:
In God's kingdom, it surely doesn't matter. He created everyone - red, yellow, black and white, etc.

Doesn't matter to me or you but it matters to HER. She insists that President Obama is a Muslim, which is plain old cray cray. Have you heard of any non racist fomenting this garbage? Furthermore, messianic Judaism is a theological mess and not equivalent to Christianity.

But, like I always say, to each his or her own.

5/1/2015 8:53:29 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,686)
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I did see a video on the internet where Obama, in addressing a small group of Moslems, started off by saying, "We Moslems...."

I suppose it could have been doctored...

5/1/2015 4:41:44 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I did see a video on the internet where Obama, in addressing a small group of Moslems, started off by saying, "We Moslems...."

Ya think? With the vitriol and hatred directed toward this man and his CHRISTIAN family, his cray cray enemies would stop at nothing to discredit him. If you believe the President is a Muslim, I have a bridge to sell you.

5/1/2015 5:02:49 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,868)
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from slowpoke7:
But-But-But furch, I see your train version must have gotten with the wrong crowd and it's going to derail and then it will be heading for a unpleasant surprise.

So you need to get on the Real Train below as soon as possible before it is too late.

How about this? It's got the Trinity emblem of God's government on the caboose. This IS the real train. ON this train we only preach the real gospel that Jesus personally preached to the people, according to the scriptures. We don't preach any gospels that come from mere men. "Saved by grace"? "Washed in the blood"? Not from Jesus.

There is still time for you, Brother. If you don't read The Urantia Book here, I'm sure it will be required reading on the Mansions. And I'm going to be there telling you: "I told you so."

5/1/2015 5:05:03 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I dont think, Forum, I know what I saw.

5/1/2015 5:54:44 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
mindya
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,739)
Babylon
Iraq
62, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from ludlowlowell:

If you are referring to this video - it appears to be tampered with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnPqxeBo1sk

This is a transcript of the speech:

but I stress that realizing China's potential rests on upholding universal rights, including for Christians, and Tibetan Buddhists, and Uighur Muslims. (Applause.)

The video uploader claims:

"Did Obama just say "and we Muslims?"

I get tired of disputing supposed "Christians" spreading these types of false rumours - we've had quite a few on here trying to claim Pres. Obama is a Muslim including yer nemesis littleBigD - who posted a pic of Pres. Obama holding a book by a "Muslim" author as proof.

The book had nothing to do with Islam but was a well written book about foreign affairs...

5/1/2015 7:22:44 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

It is possible that someone tampered with it, I'll admit.

5/1/2015 7:29:44 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
slowpoke7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,103)
Hendersonville, TN
74, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from furchizedek:
How about this? It's got the Trinity emblem of God's government on the caboose. This IS the real train. ON this train we only preach the real gospel that Jesus personally preached to the people, according to the scriptures. We don't preach any gospels that come from mere men. "Saved by grace"? "Washed in the blood"? Not from Jesus.

There is still time for you, Brother. If you don't read The Urantia Book here, I'm sure it will be required reading on the Mansions. And I'm going to be there telling you: "I told you so."

You did a great job getting the train to work properly. But I am not too sure what the purpose of all that graffiti on the side of the cars is all about. And that target on the Caboose, is that to see how many people can knock the train off the tracks by hitting the bullseye?

Anyway, as I have said before - there is one thing for sure and that is "Time Will Tell The Story"

5/1/2015 7:55:39 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from slowpoke7:
You did a great job getting the train to work properly. But I am not too sure what the purpose of all that graffiti on the side of the cars is all about.

It's no different than the graffiti that was on your boxcars. It's message graffiti. Same as yours.

And that target on the Caboose, is that to see how many people can knock the train off the tracks by hitting the bullseye?

This is serious now. The "target" is something that in time, on your journey to Paradise, you will come to love and to recognize as the Flag of God and His celestial, spiritual universe government. It symbolically, for humans, represents the Trinity, the Father, Son, and Spirit. Do you believe in the Trinity?

5/1/2015 9:29:07 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from ludlowlowell:
It is possible that someone tampered with it, I'll admit.

Oh you admit this when a man says it, but not me.

President Obama cannot win with the racists. He gets called a Muslim with zero evidence. On the other hand,he was roundly criticized for being a member of Trinity United Church of Christ,where he was MARRIED. I tell you one thing, Michelle Obama sure ain't no Muslim!

Lud your credibility just went down with me. I don't care what you thought you heard, it was a lie and all so called Christians bearing false witness against the President should be ashamed of themselves.

5/1/2015 9:31:59 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from ludlowlowell:

You misunderstood. I meant "ya think" cryptically because PRESIDENT OBAMA IS NOT A MUSLIM!!!!!

5/4/2015 2:43:05 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:

President John F. Kennedy said "Ich bin ein Berliner" and we know he wasn't, so he must have been lying for some reason. What a stinking Catholic liar he must have been.

John McCain, running for president in 2008, addressed a rally by saying, "My fellow prisoners..."

Across this country, this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners.

Here's Snopes on "My Muslim Faith."

www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

Bearing false witness, is a mortal sin. Repeating false statements is bearing false witness. Have you confessed your false witness to a priest?

5/4/2015 12:31:07 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I did see a video where Obama said,, "We Moslems...." I wasn't lying. I admit someone could have doctored the video.

Obama was raised in Indonesia and attended Muslim schools as a child. It is not unreasonable to imagine that he is a Muslim, or at least is heavily influenced by that religion.

So he joined a Christian church as an adult. Maybe he did it for political reasons?

5/4/2015 1:37:46 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I did see a video where Obama said,, "We Moslems...." I wasn't lying. I admit someone could have doctored the video.

Obama was raised in Indonesia and attended Muslim schools as a child. It is not unreasonable to imagine that he is a Muslim, or at least is heavily influenced by that religion.

So he joined a Christian church as an adult. Maybe he did it for political reasons?

What difference does it make? It's not illegal for a Muslim to become the president of the United States.

5/4/2015 4:07:54 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

It is indeed not illegal. I didn't say it was.

5/4/2015 4:37:06 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from ludlowlowell:

President Obama was raised on Hawaii by his White grandmother!

You are headed for the block party Lud, if it is one thing I cannot abide it is an irrational Obama hater, especially one the purports to be Christian and is just a liar.

5/4/2015 4:40:53 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

There are no FACTS supporting the lie that the President and his family are Muslims. NONE.

Only crazy conspiracy theory nuts believe this crap. Like I said, your credibility is shot Lud.

5/4/2015 4:44:46 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from ludlowlowell:
It is indeed not illegal. I didn't say it was.

But it is a LIE, and lying is an ABOMINATION to God!

You best get right yourself with God Lud, instead of coming down on homosexuals. A loving homosexual beats a hateful Christian any day!

5/4/2015 5:15:56 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

share_n_love
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,714)
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from furchizedek:
What difference does it make? It's not illegal for a Muslim to become the president of the United States.

It may not be illegal but it is surely dangerous for this country!

5/4/2015 5:32:29 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from share_n_love:

As long as they pledge their allegiance to the flag, everything should be fine. And just like we now have some black republicans, I'm sure in time we'll have some Muslim republicans.

5/4/2015 5:53:19 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Share n ::

Hate it when you folks quote her, she was among the first invited to my block party. Cannot contaminate my screen with such garbage as that she spouts

[Edited 5/4/2015 5:54:13 PM ]

5/4/2015 6:20:47 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from forumlurkingfun:
Share n ::

Hate it when you folks quote her, she was among the first invited to my block party. Cannot contaminate my screen with such garbage as that she spouts

I had her blocked for a year or so. Then recently, after someone chided me for having so many blocked, I went over my list and unblocked a few. But I feel your pain.

5/4/2015 7:11:18 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I'm just commenting on what I saw--I wouldn't vote against a candidate just because he or she was Moslem. Better a good Moslem than a bad Catholic like Biden , Kerry, or Belosi.

5/5/2015 9:25:42 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Lud counter blocked

[Edited 5/5/2015 9:26:05 AM ]

5/5/2015 10:52:09 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
josiemae
Over 2,000 Posts (3,894)
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Quote from share_n_love:

Share...

Are all Jews pure Jews or do we have orthodox and non orthodox Jews? How can you separate them, or do you? Are all Moslems terrorist? How can you differentiate between the terrorist and the anti- terrorist? To each his own.

5/5/2015 11:21:00 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
josiemae
Over 2,000 Posts (3,894)
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Galatians 3:26-28 (KJV):

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:1-10 (KJV):

1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

There is no separation in God, we are all His children. He doesn't only accept Jews and turn a way the Gentiles. Let us not lose focus of God's kingdom and let us not become high minded with the attitude "God loves only me". Be reminded that God loves everyone of us, equally.

[Edited 5/5/2015 11:24:20 AM ]

5/5/2015 2:45:00 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from josiemae:
Share...

Are all Jews pure Jews or do we have orthodox and non orthodox Jews? How can you separate them, or do you? Are all Moslems terrorist? How can you differentiate between the terrorist and the anti- terrorist? To each his own.

You apparently no nothing of Islam. Being a Muslim is NOT a nationality it is a politico-religious system, and one cannot be a Muslim and not follow the Qur'an, Sunnah, and Reliance of the Traveller [shariah law]. Which calls for lying to your enemy and killing the infidel [anyone not a believer & follower of Islam].

In Islam, there is NO in between. There is no 'denominations', there is not Orthodox verses unorthodox.

So you can rest assured those 'nice' Muslims will indeed turn on you when the time is right and an Imam tells them it is time to act, because there is NOT 1 country they have occupied that they have not tried to overtake the country and their people.

Try doing a little historical research for yourself and you will see Islam has been doing this for hundreds of years.

I live just south of the Michigan line, go there and try to share your christianity and watch what happens. I've been there and I have seen what they did to those who tried. Even the Police Officers are all Muslim. Go ahead...give it a shot!

[Edited 5/5/2015 2:47:25 PM ]

5/5/2015 3:12:37 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
josiemae
Over 2,000 Posts (3,894)
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Quote from share_n_love:
You apparently no nothing of Islam. Being a Muslim is NOT a nationality it is a politico-religious system, and one cannot be a Muslim and not follow the Qur'an, Sunnah, and Reliance of the Traveller [shariah law]. Which calls for lying to your enemy and killing the infidel [anyone not a believer & follower of Islam].

In Islam, there is NO in between. There is no 'denominations', there is not Orthodox verses unorthodox.

So you can rest assured those 'nice' Muslims will indeed turn on you when the time is right and an Imam tells them it is time to act, because there is NOT 1 country they have occupied that they have not tried to overtake the country and their people.

Try doing a little historical research for yourself and you will see Islam has been doing this for hundreds of years.

I live just south of the Michigan line, go there and try to share your christianity and watch what happens. I've been there and I have seen what they did to those who tried. Even the Police Officers are all Muslim. Go ahead...give it a shot!

Are all Muslims Islams? Are all Jews Christians? Are all Muslims terrorists? Are all Christians not the followers of Christ?

Can we generalize and say that every Muslims who live in the south of Michigan depicts the behavior of all Muslims in this entire world? Can we say that the Christians in the North of Michigan depicts the behavior of all Christians in the entire world? I can safely say that each of us has to be careful how the world looks and generalize us based on ethnicity, religion, economic status, etc. All of us can/may get eternal life, but it is only through Christ, the righteous judge who brings us into His kingdom, whether or not we are Jews or Gentiles, bondsmen or slaves, male or female, etc.

5/5/2015 3:36:33 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from josiemae:
Are all Muslims Islams?

What are Islams, Josie?

Are all Jews Christians?

What?

Are all Christians not the followers of Christ?

Probably not. They're followers of Paul's teachings about Jesus.

5/5/2015 6:10:11 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I like Paul. He explains so much, and so very well. The Judaizers among us sure don't like him!

5/5/2015 10:10:58 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
josiemae
Over 2,000 Posts (3,894)
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Quote from furchizedek:
Probably not. They're followers of Paul's teachings about Jesus.

The gist of it is that there is a tendency to identify each individual with the group by which they are associated. We all may be Christians, however, there are differences in our belief though it points towards Christ. The same is true, there are Muslims, who may just be in a subcategory andare not terrorists.

5/5/2015 10:54:15 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I like Paul. He explains so much, and so very well. The Judaizers among us sure don't like him!

Like any good charlatan, he should be good at explaining. It's part of the job.

"Being crafty, I caught you with guile." (2Co 12:16)

5/5/2015 11:18:56 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Josie, you are wasting your time trying to reason with that Share n, she is immune to it. There were many sects of Judaism at the time of Jesus. Pharisees, Sadduces, and the Sanhedrin were just three. In the earliest years of the church, Christianity was considered a sect of Judaism,took a while to sort that out.

There are still various sects of Judaism and Islam.If only Share n was as smart as she is bigoted.

5/5/2015 11:21:37 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

"What are Islams?"

Furch you crack me up sometimes!

5/8/2015 11:11:20 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
josiemae
Over 2,000 Posts (3,894)
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

I really think that some people are missing the gist as to what I am tring to say. The wheat and the tare grow together, in Christ we are all one. There are Christian churches that you'll may find radicals. And do they claim themselves to be Christians? Of course they do. The same us true, among the Muslims, you will also find radicals, and they identify themselves as Muslims.

What matters is that Jesus loves and in Him there is no m ale or female...we are one in Christ.

5/9/2015 9:00:00 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

CLAIMING and BEING are two different things. Westboro Baptist Church is not Christian. You shall know them by their love...

5/9/2015 11:31:25 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

kb2222
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,855)
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011
online now!

What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?

If any of you have doubt of what Jesus meant when He beckoned His disciples to "Follow Me" I suggest you seriously consider the following excerpts from The Urantia Book:

196:0.13 Jesus does not require his disciples to believe in him but rather to believe with him, believe in the reality of the love of God and in full confidence accept the security of the assurance of sonship with the heavenly Father. The Master desires that all his followers should fully share his transcendent faith. Jesus most touchingly challenged his followers, not only to believe what he believed, but also to believe as he believed. This is the full significance of his one supreme requirement, “Follow me.”

196:1.3 To “follow Jesus” means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master’s life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose. Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.

196:2.1 Some day a reformation in the Christian church may strike deep enough to get back to the unadulterated religious teachings of Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. You may preach a religion about Jesus, but, perforce, you must live the religion of Jesus. In the enthusiasm of Pentecost, Peter unintentionally inaugurated a new religion, the religion of the risen and glorified Christ. The Apostle Paul later on transformed this new gospel into Christianity, a religion embodying his own theologic views and portraying his own personal experience with the Jesus of the Damascus road. The gospel of the kingdom is founded on the personal religious experience of the Jesus of Galilee; Christianity is founded almost exclusively on the personal religious experience of the Apostle Paul. Almost the whole of the New Testament is devoted, not to the portrayal of the significant and inspiring religious life of Jesus, but to a discussion of Paul’s religious experience and to a portrayal of his personal religious convictions.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-196-faith-jesus

5/9/2015 1:58:48 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

In the racist Urantia Book does Jesus order inferior races not to reproduce?

We know that Jesus was from the Middle East, and as such was probably a very dark skinned Caucssian. Does that mean He is inferior to you?

5/9/2015 4:15:19 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
In the racist Urantia Book does Jesus order inferior races not to reproduce?

We know that Jesus was from the Middle East, and as such was probably a very dark skinned Caucssian. Does that mean He is inferior to you?

You'll have to read it to find out.

5/9/2015 4:46:20 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Why should I waste my time reading a racist book?

5/9/2015 4:57:24 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
forumlurkingfun
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Dark skinned Caucasian from the middle east?

Jesus had hair like wool and feet like bronze. Not that it matters what he looked like, but he sure as heck wasn't blond with blue eyes, that is a total historical inaccuracy.

5/9/2015 6:07:12 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  
josiemae
Over 2,000 Posts (3,894)
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Quote from forumlurkingfun:
Dark skinned Caucasian from the middle east?

Jesus had hair like wool and feet like bronze. Not that it matters what he looked like, but he sure as heck wasn't blond with blue eyes, that is a total historical inaccuracy.

In each imagination, we make Jesus showed want Him to be. There are also strong debates/arguments of The race of Christ. Maybe we need to ask ourselves, what if Christ was White, would we still want to spend eternityy with him and on th same note, what if Christ was Black, would we want to change our minds in spending eternity with Him? Then,we perhaps meet to do some soul searching. One thing I know for sure, all races will be in eternity with Christ.

5/9/2015 6:24:28 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

In glory Jesus has hair like wool and feet like bronze in Heaven, but on earth He looked like a regular man.

5/9/2015 6:53:35 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Why should I waste my time reading a racist book?

If you take out the pejorative, I'll answer your question. Otherwise, not.

5/9/2015 6:55:53 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
In glory Jesus has hair like wool and feet like bronze in Heaven, but on earth He looked like a regular man.

In Glory, Jesus is a spirit being, sans body and hair and feet.

5/9/2015 6:58:02 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Not true. Jesus rose bodily from the grave and ascended bodily into Heaven 40 days later.

5/9/2015 8:30:21 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Not true. Jesus rose bodily from the grave and ascended bodily into Heaven 40 days later.

He did not rise bodily from the dead. That's a wrong Christian teaching. Absolutely NO ONE saw Jesus' dead body rise from the tomb.

[Edited 5/9/2015 8:30:35 PM ]

5/9/2015 8:31:52 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

"Heaven" is no fit place for dead human bodies. Only spiritual beings can go to "heaven." Jesus was a spirit being before he came to earth and after he went back to heaven.

[Edited 5/9/2015 8:32:54 PM ]

5/9/2015 9:34:07 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013
online now!

Quote from furchizedek:
That's the gospel that you should preach. But what was it?

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

5/9/2015 9:50:12 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from irishrose0906:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

That's it!

[Edited 5/9/2015 9:50:23 PM ]

5/9/2015 9:54:22 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

If we love God we have to love the Church He founded and the pope He appointed.

5/9/2015 10:13:50 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

share_n_love
Fort Wayne, IN
60, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from josiemae:
Are all Muslims Islams? Are all Jews Christians? Are all Muslims terrorists? Are all Christians not the followers of Christ?

Can we generalize and say that every Muslims who live in the south of Michigan depicts the behavior of all Muslims in this entire world? Can we say that the Christians in the North of Michigan depicts the behavior of all Christians in the entire world? I can safely say that each of us has to be careful how the world looks and generalize us based on ethnicity, religion, economic status, etc. All of us can/may get eternal life, but it is only through Christ, the righteous judge who brings us into His kingdom, whether or not we are Jews or Gentiles, bondsmen or slaves, male or female, etc.

Are all Muslims Islamic?

What do you think makes a person a Muslim?

5/9/2015 10:43:44 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from josiemae:
Lud:

Jesus called the disciples to train them to do His work by spreading the gospel. The word "disciple" is a form of the word "discipline" which indicates that Jesus trained the disciples in His walk with them. He told them to " follow me and I will make you fishers of men. So these disciples were disciplined to bring men and women into the kingdom of God.

But not Paul.

"Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. These twelve Jesus sent forth..." Matthew 10:2-5

Paul's name is not among them.

[Edited 5/9/2015 10:43:58 PM ]

5/9/2015 10:48:08 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
If we love God we have to love the Church He founded and the pope He appointed.

The church has long since gone into apostasy, and Jesus didn't appoint any popes. You refuse to even do the things Jesus says, so what are you talking about?

[Edited 5/9/2015 10:48:16 PM ]

5/9/2015 11:07:37 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

How could that be, Furch, when Jesus promised to stay with the Church until the end of time? Didnt Jesus promise that the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church?

5/9/2015 11:27:38 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
How could that be, Furch, when Jesus promised to stay with the Church until the end of time? Didnt Jesus promise that the gates of hell would not prevail against the Church?

The "church" is not your organization. And Jesus didn't capitalize "church" at Mt 16:18, as you have done. The true church is the brotherhood of believers.

This is what Jesus really said on that occasion:

“You are my chosen ambassadors, but I know that, in the circumstances, you could not entertain this belief** as a result of mere human knowledge. This is a revelation of the spirit of my Father to your inmost souls. And when, therefore, you make this confession by the insight of the spirit of my Father which dwells within you, I am led to declare that upon this foundation will I build the brotherhood of the kingdom of heaven. Upon this rock of spiritual reality will I build the living temple of spiritual fellowship in the eternal realities of my Father’s kingdom. All the forces of evil and the hosts of sin shall not prevail against this human fraternity of the divine spirit.

** That Jesus is "the Son of the living God," from the previous paragraph.

[Edited 5/9/2015 11:28:00 PM ]

5/9/2015 11:34:32 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

eli9x
Mexico City
Mexico
31, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from furchizedek:
But not Paul.
Wrong.
Paul is criticized by the URANTIA Revelation, yes, but URANTIA also recognizes part of his work as valid (see below, original emphasis):
Quote from URANTIA:
92:5.13 5. The first century after Christ. As a religious teacher, Jesus of Nazareth started out with the cult which had been established by John the Baptist and progressed as far as he could away from fasts and forms. Aside from Jesus, Paul of Tarsus and Philo of Alexandria were the greatest teachers of this era. Their concepts of religion have played a dominant part in the evolution of that faith which bears the name of Christ.
.lm..

5/9/2015 11:39:34 PM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Lud, what happened to your evil twin, Louie?

5/10/2015 5:33:13 AM What was the purpose of Christ calling the disciples to follow him?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

No, Furch, Jesus did not capitalize the word Church because.....Jesus never wrote anything! At least that we have a record of. The most ancient biblical manuscripts we have are in koine Greek, which has no capital letters. People who translated to other languages could capitalize or not, at their option. Anyone who translates from one language to another must make certain judgment calls, and two different translators might choose two different words or phrases.

If you will bother to read the New Testament you will see that the Church is an organized body, not a loose willy nilly fellowship. The Church was and is a real visible body, not somebody's dream.