Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

free mature hookup

insha Allah. hookups oahu About Geni, it is simple to put in a profile, develop a best cost free shemale web sites family members space, upload documents, and also foster a total visualization of your loved ones throughout the ages. Setting up a Hinge profile takes some time, but it is entertaining. vietnam prostitution places I realize that it is less difficult said than accomplished.

mega personal classified ads

If you happen to be normally at a loss for what to speak about, check out our uncomplicated post onquestions to ask a girl. meet women in austin Getting navigated my fair share of cheesy pick up lines and negative dates, I know from encounter that on the web dating can be just as complicated as dating IRL. There are emoticons, winks, and stickers to boost the chatting encounter. doublelist va beach The Female Dating Strategy presents a handbook to initial time users of advised reading, such as a guide on how to turn into a high worth woman and how to spot a low worth man .

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/8/2015 1:57:03 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (21,118)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

I am a taxi dispatcher in Panama City, Florida. Our drivers must get annual drug screens, annual physicals, and pay for a criminal background check. Then they must physically go down to both the Panama City and Panama City Beach police departments and fill out lengthy applications that take about a week to be approved, if they are approved The owner of the cab company must go through similar rigamorole to get each car inspected, at both places, then he must buy some very expensive commercial liability insurance for each car.

But Uber comes in, contracts with people who need do none of the above, no background check, no taxi permit needed, no commercial insurance needed, and they are allowed to do business that way? Shouldn't they have to follow the same rules as everyone else? If a passenger is injured in a wreck, is that passenger just plain out of luck?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/8/2015 2:05:32 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,625)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Hey, it's a coin toss, and the odds are you will get there safe.

5/8/2015 2:06:14 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
waltree
Newton, NC
56, joined Oct. 2013

You treat your drivers like Criminals; Slaves; Convicts!

No wonder Uber Taxi is taking away business. You have Too many Regulations!

5/8/2015 2:10:37 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,511)
Vallejo, CA
56, joined Feb. 2008

It usually helps not to be ignorant.

http://blog.uber.com/uberXridesharinginsurancedriver

Safety for riders, drivers, and our community is the single most important priority at Uber. This is why we have always offered protection that far exceeds rideshare and taxi industry standards. To further show our commitment to safety, we are expanding our insurance offerings to cover rideshare driver liability both during trips AND anytime a driver is logged in and available for a trip.
Starting today, we now have more insurance coverage to keep you protected:

Liability on an Uber trip – same as before up to $1M
Contingent liability while available but not on a trip – NEW!
Contingent comprehensive and collision when on an Uber trip – NEW!

5/8/2015 2:14:23 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
numbersor_only
Over 1,000 Posts (1,877)
Austin, TX
56, joined Nov. 2014

Uber is bad.

5/8/2015 2:17:47 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

naprinciple
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,859)
West Plains, MO
47, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from numbersor_only:
Uber is bad.

People meeting a need in the market place is bad? I guess the taxi lobby is worried about their immoral monopoly

5/8/2015 2:19:41 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
nat_now
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (43,453)
Ocala, FL
57, joined Jul. 2013

Uber is a taxi service and should fall within same laws taxes and rules as a taxi business and I believe cities are working to get all the $ they can out of both.

5/8/2015 2:21:36 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

lobo_corazon
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,002)
Orleans, ON
46, joined May. 2008

Nap: Of course they are.

In Ottawa a 10-minute taxi ride will set you back about $40. Uber tried to break in here a few months ago and got shut down hard by the city-sponsored monopoly. I think they are still trying, not sure how actively.

5/8/2015 2:23:21 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

hurryme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,219)
Bloomingdale, GA
51, joined Mar. 2011

I wonder what the horse and buggy people thought of Henry Ford.

5/8/2015 2:26:10 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
nat_now
Ocala, FL
57, joined Jul. 2013

Quote from hurryme:

Put a lot of horses out of work

5/8/2015 2:28:11 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
numbersor_only
Over 1,000 Posts (1,877)
Austin, TX
56, joined Nov. 2014

Laws you can pick and choose which ones you want to follow, which to ignore.

I agree with this law. I will follow it.

I disagree with this law...I will break it.

Everyone should be able to do whatever they want!

Laws are tyranny.

It's like the speed limit. The only speed everyone else should go is behind me and not tailgating.

5/8/2015 2:31:36 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

bluecougareyes
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (21,034)
Chelan, WA
71, joined Nov. 2008

Quote from hurryme:

YEAH !!

Henry Ford Cars eventually put buggy wipe manufacturers out of business..
DAMN.. that's not good at all !

5/8/2015 2:40:37 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
drwookie
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,195)
Reading, PA
62, joined May. 2013

Afraid of loosing a job are you?

If people want to call uber for a ride, they should not be impeded by big government regulations.

Jesus would have encouraged people to choose uber!

5/8/2015 2:54:23 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

markjetson
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,220)
Albuquerque, NM
60, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I am a taxi dispatcher in Panama City, Florida. Our drivers must get annual drug screens, annual physicals, and pay for a criminal background check. Then they must physically go down to both the Panama City and Panama City Beach police departments and fill out lengthy applications that take about a week to be approved, if they are approved The owner of the cab company must go through similar rigamorole to get each car inspected, at both places, then he must buy some very expensive commercial liability insurance for each car.

But Uber comes in, contracts with people who need do none of the above, no background check, no taxi permit needed, no commercial insurance needed, and they are allowed to do business that way? Shouldn't they have to follow the same rules as everyone else? If a passenger is injured in a wreck, is that passenger just plain out of luck?
Isn't it legal for people to own their own Taxi's and only X amount of (medallions)are issued, to keep the market from becoming saturated with Taxi's? What happens with these "unregulated, Uber-Gypsy" Taxi's is before you k,now it they've discovered how to buy a scanner and steal rides from Independent Contractors or regular Cab companies or stage across the street from regular Cab stands.

5/8/2015 2:56:10 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

smthgabouther
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,095)
Baltimore, MD
35, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from numbersor_only:
Laws you can pick and choose which ones you want to follow, which to ignore.

I agree with this law. I will follow it.

I disagree with this law...I will break it.

Everyone should be able to do whatever they want!

Laws are tyranny.

It's like the speed limit. The only speed everyone else should go is behind me and not tailgating.

The only laws humanity is really obligated to follow are God's, not white people's.

5/8/2015 2:57:04 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from smthgabouther:
The only laws humanity is really obligated to follow are God's, not white people's.

LOLOL

And where do we get a copy.

5/8/2015 3:06:24 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

w6o6l6f_1
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,709)
Richmond, VA
38, joined May. 2014

Quote from markjetson:
Isn't it legal for people to own their own Taxi's and only X amount of (medallions)are issued, to keep the market from becoming saturated with Taxi's? What happens with these "unregulated, Uber-Gypsy" Taxi's is before you k,now it they've discovered how to buy a scanner and steal rides from Independent Contractors or regular Cab companies or stage across the street from regular Cab stands.
who gives a shit? If you don't like it, then take a bus. It is our right to take the cheapest rout.

5/8/2015 3:17:26 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

I totally agree that our industry is under too much regulation,.and it's worse here than in most cities. And I'm not against innovation. And it's not a monopoly situation--there are about 10 cab companies here and many one-person indies. All I'm asking is, why is Uber allowed to go by one set of rules, and their competitors by another? If they can hire unlicensed anybodies, why cant we?

5/8/2015 3:21:09 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

naprinciple
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,859)
West Plains, MO
47, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I totally agree that our industry is under too much regulation,.and it's worse here than in most cities. And I'm not against innovation. And it's not a monopoly situation--there are about 10 cab companies here and many one-person indies. All I'm asking is, why is Uber allowed to go by one set of rules, and their competitors by another? If they can hire unlicensed anybodies, why cant we?

The monopoly lies with the regulations. All must pay for the medallion and charge the same price, and the government stops anyone from undercutting them.

Not a free market where competition and innovation can serve the market place.

5/8/2015 3:27:26 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

lobo_corazon
Orleans, ON
46, joined May. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:

The situation you describe is closer to a Medieval "Guild" than a capitalist monopoly. Anyone can start their own cab business in theory if the PTBs grant them a license, and the licenses are kept artificially scarce to keep the price up.

Capitalism with the supply and demand forces cleverly neutered.

[Edited 5/8/2015 3:28:19 PM ]

5/8/2015 3:30:59 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

The local authorities here shut them down, but when they were operating their cars were not inspected and their drivers werent required to buy commercial insurance. And they thought they didnt need local taxi permits. Henry Ford vs. horse and.buggy? More like one company regulated to death vs. another company not regulated at all.

They dont use the medallion system here--which I agree is a racket, but where they do, why does Uber think they are exempt?

5/8/2015 3:31:49 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
waltree
Newton, NC
56, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from muldoon1959:
It usually helps not to be ignorant.

http://blog.uber.com/uberXridesharinginsurancedriver

Safety for riders, drivers, and our community is the single most important priority at Uber. This is why we have always offered protection that far exceeds rideshare and taxi industry standards. To further show our commitment to safety, we are expanding our insurance offerings to cover rideshare driver liability both during trips AND anytime a driver is logged in and available for a trip.
Starting today, we now have more insurance coverage to keep you protected:

Liability on an Uber trip – same as before up to $1M
Contingent liability while available but not on a trip – NEW!
Contingent comprehensive and collision when on an Uber trip – NEW!

Insurance? Brought to you by the lying, cheating, deceiving, Actuaries.

An insurance actuaries is a "Mathematical Genius" THAT IS WHY INSURANCE Industries Employ them!!!

Insurance is a SCAM! Insurance; In Spite of the Paid Commercials, Do Not Want to Help YOU Dumb a** idiots.

IDIOTS!! Insurance; Exploits!!!!! God Dam FOOLS!!

5/8/2015 3:34:41 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
nat_now
Ocala, FL
57, joined Jul. 2013

Suddenly...even carpooling isn't safe.lol

5/8/2015 3:44:53 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

mr_bad_robot
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,854)
Cincinnati, OH
41, joined Jul. 2014

Haven't used a taxi in years I rent a car when I travel to a different city

5/8/2015 3:48:42 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

It used to be that licenses for taxi's and bars, were in proportion to the population.
Not sure if it still is like that.

5/8/2015 4:15:32 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
hunter12gauge
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,335)
Bellaire, OH
53, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
LOLOL

And where do we get a copy.

Didn't Moses have an original?

5/8/2015 4:16:42 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
hunter12gauge
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,335)
Bellaire, OH
53, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
It used to be that licenses for taxi's and bars, were in proportion to the population.

In Ohio bars are still licensed based on population.

5/8/2015 4:36:57 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

hurryme
Bloomingdale, GA
51, joined Mar. 2011

Maybe if the taxi companies got together and told the regulators to f**k off things might get better.

5/8/2015 4:56:32 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

lobo_corazon
Orleans, ON
46, joined May. 2008

Quote from Yasureoktoo:

Of course that is completely contrary to the idea of "a free market", by which there would be a cycle of:
- Taxi fares get high
- More people want to drive taxis to make the big dough
- Competition increases and fares drop
- Taxi drivers quit because they can't make ends meet any more
- Back to start.

5/8/2015 5:08:34 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
darthcapital2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,193)
North York, ON
90, joined Mar. 2015

ludlowlowell,

Liberals will tell you that regulations are good, it keeps businesses fair and honest and rids itself of unscrupulous business owners.

You say that Uber is bad and cutting into taxi operators businesses, but what you need to understand is your industry has a myriad of regulations that created a market for Uber.

Do you know the price of a license for a taxi medallion in New York City? its now about 840 thousand dollars down from its high in 2013 of 1.3 million dollars.

How is the average person to afford that? before it was attracting people who wanted to be entrepreneurs and the quickest way was to drive cab but tell me who can afford it in new york city?

I dont know what the costs are in your city but instead of blaming Uber, perhaps look at the regulations in your industry.

5/8/2015 5:08:41 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

markjetson
Albuquerque, NM
60, joined Jan. 2013

Taxi's are not and have never been a "cheap form of transportation," even in a city like Vegas. Here are some facts about Taxi's in Vegas that the average person doesn't k,now. You can choose any Cab you want in a Cab Stand, for any or no reason- There is no minimum charge, aside from the drop charge-about 3 bucks, which means if you want to go one block because you have a problem walking, no problem. A tip is voluntary not mandatory. You can choose any route you want, for any reason, otherwise your driver is required to take the most direct route- You can get a Taxi anywhere in the city in 5min if you know "the secret number," any cab driver will give you that number, (a Cab Co. within a Cab Co.) A Vegas Cab driver cannot have any points on his driving record. There are no Cabs allowed older than 5yrs old and they are completely serviced every month, including new brakes every month. A world class dispatcher is a click on a microphone away at all times. There is a ph # on the displayed permit (TA), with a ph.# that puts you in touch with the TA (Taxicab Authority) Taxi Police, to immediately report a driver-for any reason and it works, fast. You can "charter a Cab," for any length of time for an agreed upon charge between you and the driver.

5/8/2015 5:11:05 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

hurryme
Bloomingdale, GA
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from markjetson:
Taxi's are not and have never been a "cheap form of transportation," even in a city like Vegas. Here are some facts about Taxi's in Vegas that the average person doesn't k,now. You can choose any Cab you want in a Cab Stand, for any or no reason- There is no minimum charge, aside from the drop charge-about 3 bucks, which means if you want to go one block because you have a problem walking, no problem. A tip is voluntary not mandatory. You can choose any route you want, for any reason, otherwise your driver is required to take the most direct route- You can get a Taxi anywhere in the city in 5min if you know "the secret number," any cab driver will give you that number, (a Cab Co. within a Cab Co.) A Vegas Cab driver cannot have any points on his driving record. There are no Cabs allowed older than 5yrs old and they are completely serviced every month, including new brakes every month. A world class dispatcher is a click on a microphone away at all times. There is a ph # on the displayed permit (TA), with a ph.# that puts you in touch with the TA (Taxicab Authority) Taxi Police, to immediately report a driver-for any reason and it works, fast. You can "charter a Cab," for any length of time for an agreed upon charge between you and the driver.

And also they charge by the 1/13th mile last time I was there in September.

5/8/2015 5:33:43 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

Gregbell77
Over 2,000 Posts (2,668)
Tyler, TX
55, joined Mar. 2015

Taxi Cab companies tend to be owned by organized crime elements in the larger cities. But, even organized crime families tend to have some codes of honor.

This new group Uber sounds as though the gangsters who control the company come from a country which has VERY low standards of honor and morality.

5/8/2015 5:37:20 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

lobo_corazon
Orleans, ON
46, joined May. 2008

Quote from Gregbell77:
This new group Uber sounds as though the gangsters who control the company come from a country which has VERY low standards of honor and morality.

They are!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Kalanick

(He's an American capitalist, who has apparently made about $5 billion off of Uber so far.)

[Edited 5/8/2015 5:39:18 PM ]

5/8/2015 5:48:14 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

Gregbell77
Over 2,000 Posts (2,668)
Tyler, TX
55, joined Mar. 2015

@lobo_corazon:
They are!

(He's an American capitalist, who has apparently made about $5 billion off of Uber so far.)

I guess no one should be surprised in regard to Kalanick's ethnic group.

Early life and education

Kalanick was born on August 6, 1976 in Los Angeles, California. He lived in Northridge, California, where he graduated from Granada Hills High School and later enrolled in college at the University of California, Los Angeles, to study computer engineering.[3][4][5] His mother, Bonnie Renee Horwitz Kalanick, is Jewish. Horwitz is a surname with Ashkenazi Jewish roots.[6] He worked in retail advertising for the Los Angeles Daily News, and his father, Donald, was an engineer. He has two half-sisters and his brother Cory is a firefighter.

5/8/2015 5:51:05 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

Gregbell77
Over 2,000 Posts (2,668)
Tyler, TX
55, joined Mar. 2015

Travis Kalanick

Uber
Kalanick speaking at DLD 2015 in Munich, Germany

In 2009, along with Garrett Camp, Kalanick founded Uber, a mobile application that connects passengers with drivers of vehicles for hire and ridesharing services.[16][17][18] Uber operates in more than 100 cities around the world.[19][20] Uber faced some controversy [21] in some cities in North America,[22] like Washington DC,[23] Chicago,[24] Toronto,[25] and New York City.[26][27] The company faces fierce competition from similar services[28] and "clone companies"[29] in cities like London.[30][31] In November 2014, Kalanick faced criticism for creating a "win at all costs" culture in his Uber organization. Public relations problems the firm faced included Kalanick's comments to GQ about how easy it is for him to attract women now, concern about his blasé attitude regarding safety issues for female customers, and his toleration of executive Emil Michael, who recommended creating a large budget to smear critics. While Kalanick apologized for Michael's remarks, he did not censure him severely enough to appease some critics.[32]

recommended creating a large budget to smear critics.

Where would a Khazar be without his hasbara.

[Edited 5/8/2015 5:52:52 PM ]

5/8/2015 5:58:48 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

lobo_corazon
Orleans, ON
46, joined May. 2008

Quote from Gregbell77:
@lobo_corazon:
They are!

American? I agree. Just like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and the rest of them.

5/8/2015 6:11:50 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
condor_0000
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,425)
Tampa, FL
58, joined Feb. 2013

Quote from Gregbell77:
@lobo_corazon:
They are!

Early life and education

Kalanick was born on August 6, 1976 in Los Angeles, California. He lived in Northridge, California, where he graduated from Granada Hills High School and later enrolled in college at the University of California, Los Angeles, to study computer engineering.[3][4][5] His mother, Bonnie Renee Horwitz Kalanick, is Jewish. Horwitz is a surname with Ashkenazi Jewish roots.[6] He worked in retail advertising for the Los Angeles Daily News, and his father, Donald, was an engineer. He has two half-sisters and his brother Cory is a firefighter.

Jews and the Advent of Capitalism
by Bennett Muraskin
http://jewishcurrents.org/capitalism-and-the-jews-18623

5/8/2015 6:14:10 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

Gregbell77
Over 2,000 Posts (2,668)
Tyler, TX
55, joined Mar. 2015

@lobo_corazon:

With a dual citizenship passport, I suppose it might be fair to say Kalanick is "American".

Good examples you posted, considering how they are all Khazars (including Kalanick).

5/8/2015 6:15:45 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
jillybodob
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,021)
Naperville, IL
25, joined Jul. 2013

I took an Uber not so long ago, good experience.

5/8/2015 6:15:57 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

Gregbell77
Over 2,000 Posts (2,668)
Tyler, TX
55, joined Mar. 2015

@condor_0000:
Jews and the Advent of Capitalism
by Bennett Muraskin
http://jewishcurrents.org/capitalism-and-the-jews-18623

I prefer not to call them by a name that gives them their entirely undeserved "Biblical identity".

Call them Khazars.

"Edomites" is an acceptable term.

5/8/2015 6:17:11 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from hunter12gauge:
Didn't Moses have an original?

he claimed he did, but unfortunately lost.

a claim we hear on lots of things.

5/8/2015 6:18:16 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

hurryme
Bloomingdale, GA
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from jillybodob:
I took an Uber not so long ago, good experience.

Without all those regulations to save you from your own ignorance! If I want a ride and the car looks like Uncle Buck's ride, I'll pass.

But but but, we need regulations to help the stupid people..

5/8/2015 6:22:12 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
jillybodob
Naperville, IL
25, joined Jul. 2013

dude showed up in a newish Toyota, took us where we wanted to go. And showed up at the time we requested. No hassle, just said have a great time. I like Uber.

5/8/2015 6:30:21 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

Gregbell77
Over 2,000 Posts (2,668)
Tyler, TX
55, joined Mar. 2015

@lobo_corazon:

Here's another "American" Captain of Industry to add to the list.

N.J. Jew admits to bilking government out of billions

Whew! Check out the honker on this one.

TRENTON — The former CEO of a New Jersey-based international engineering contractor admitted Friday to conspiring to defraud the U.S. Agency for International Development in billions of dollars in contracts over a nearly 20-year period.

Derish Wolff, 79, of Bernardsville, pleaded guilty in front a federal judge to superseding information charging conspiracy to defraud the government with respect to claims, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman announced in a news release.

According to federal prosecutors, Wolff led a conspiracy to defraud USAID by charging inflated rates for many of its common office overhead expenses — including rent, unrelated work hours and other costs — for reconstruction projects in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The Louis Berger Group handled hundreds of millions of dollars of contracts for reconstructive work in Iraq and Afghanistan, and in other nations, Fishman said.

From 1990 to 2000, Wolff ordered LBG’s assistant controller to instruct accounting departments to pad its time sheets with hours devoted to federal government projects, when the workers were not performing on the projects, according to Fishman.

At an annual LBG meeting in September 2001, Wolff reportedly denounced the company’s controller, Salvatore Pepe, when presented with a rate he thought was too low, calling him an “assassin.”

After the meeting, Pepe, who eventually became the chief financial officer, and Prece Pellettieri “hatched a fraudulent scheme from 2003 through 2007” to reclassify its employees — including high ranking executives — work hours without their knowledge, Fishman said.

Fishman said Wolff admitted in court today that Pepe and Pellettieri carried out the scheme at his direction.

On the same day Pepe and Pellettieri pleaded guilty in 2010, LGB agreed to pay $69 million to settle civil charges in the scheme.

The company also agreed to go under the supervision of a federal monitor as part of a deferred prosecution agreement.

Wolff is facing a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a maximum $250,000 fine, or twice the gain or loss caused by the offense, Fishman said.

Sentencing is scheduled for March 20, 2015.

Ex-CEO sentenced for scheme involving Iraq, Afghanistan work

Share1 Tweet3 Reddit0 Email2
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
POSTED: Friday, May 8, 2015, 11:33 AM
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - The former CEO of a New Jersey-based engineering consulting company has been sentenced for a scheme in which the U.S. government was overbilled for reconstruction projects for nearly 20 years.

Derish Wolff will serve 12 months of home confinement and will be required to pay a $4.5 million fine.

The 79-year-old Bernardsville resident worked for Morristown-based Louis Berger Group.

Federal prosecutors contend the company padded work hours to make it appear employees had spent time on the government contracts when they actually had not.

Some of the work involved reconstruction projects in Iraq and Afghanistan for the United States Agency for International Development, a federal agency that advances U.S. foreign policy in developing countries and countries destabilized by war.

Prosecutors say the conspiracy started in 1990 and ended in 2007.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20150508_ap_ae5924f0e22b44f1b34882d81e8455b6.html#TaI1pkVHQhQrfcxD.99

5/8/2015 6:37:37 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
loving91390
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,147)
Santa Clarita, CA
96, joined Apr. 2013

I have no problem with people making money while people are saving money.

But , it won't last . The Government will throw regulations at them and it will no longer be profitable enough for the average Joe to stay in the game .

5/8/2015 6:45:31 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
jillybodob
Naperville, IL
25, joined Jul. 2013

yes, the Gov't always telling you what to do. That you are too stupid to make decisions on your own.

5/8/2015 6:54:04 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

markjetson
Albuquerque, NM
60, joined Jan. 2013

How long as a driver before a disgruntled passenger who woke-up hating the world throws a "substance' on you and proceeds to ignite it, like what happened to a cab driver in Vegas or a driver suffering from PTSD wakes up to the fact he has to drive for Uber, above his normal 12hr shift 60hr week, in a real Taxi "to makes ends meet," in this economy and decides to "Thelma and Louise," your a$$.

[Edited 5/8/2015 6:54:44 PM ]

5/8/2015 6:55:56 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Workplace violence.

5/8/2015 6:56:32 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
jillybodob
Naperville, IL
25, joined Jul. 2013

Sorry dude, Uber ride was perfect and no hassle.

5/8/2015 6:58:44 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

hurryme
Bloomingdale, GA
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from markjetson:
How long as a driver before a disgruntled passenger who woke-up hating the world throws a "substance' on you and proceeds to ignite it, like what happened to a cab driver in Vegas or a driver suffering from PTSD wakes up to the fact he has to drive for Uber, above his normal 12hr shift 60hr week, in a real Taxi "to makes ends meet," in this economy and decides to "Thelma and Louise," your a$$.

What difference does a taxi or Uber make in your scenario?

And what if I call a buddy up to give me a ride and I offer gas money? Do we need the taxi authority to inspect his car before he picks me up?

Edit: last sentence.

[Edited 5/8/2015 7:00:47 PM ]

5/8/2015 7:03:44 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

markjetson
Albuquerque, NM
60, joined Jan. 2013

Let's see, Uber will classify you as an "Independent Contractor," which means you will pay unemployment insurance, vehicle maintenance, vehicle depreciation, FICA, Income Tax, and Gross Receipts Tax, gas and in one yr don't be surprised if you're replacing your car.

5/8/2015 7:05:45 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

hurryme
Bloomingdale, GA
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from markjetson:
Let's see, Uber will classify you as an "Independent Contractor," which means you will pay unemployment insurance, vehicle maintenance, vehicle depreciation, FICA, Income Tax, and Gross Receipts Tax, gas and in one yr don't be surprised if you're replacing your car.

And here is why you should realize deregulation is necessary.

5/8/2015 7:08:13 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
jillybodob
Naperville, IL
25, joined Jul. 2013

Assuming what you say is correct, the entire business model will implode.

5/8/2015 7:11:45 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

markjetson
Albuquerque, NM
60, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from hurryme:
What difference does a taxi or Uber make in your scenario?

And what if I call a buddy up to give me a ride and I offer gas money? Do we need the taxi authority to inspect his car before he picks me up?

Edit: last sentence.
And what if your buddy who also works for Uber decides to give you a ride for free, "on the clock," or he decides to do a "little freelancing," on the side, and not tell Uber and pocket all the money for himself? Point is when you are "stealing," from an employer- no matter what they "classify you as," you don't rat yourself out.

5/8/2015 7:16:15 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

markjetson
Albuquerque, NM
60, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from hurryme:
And here is why you should realize deregulation is necessary.
Uber will classify you as an Independent Contractor, and by being able to employ you under that classification you are already technically "deregulated."

5/8/2015 7:19:54 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
drwookie
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,195)
Reading, PA
62, joined May. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Uber Drivers are required to have inspected vehicles less than 10 years old, have a clean driving record and pass a background check!

Panama City sets the rules for taxi services for anyone doing business there including Uber drivers.

5/8/2015 7:22:54 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
loving91390
Santa Clarita, CA
96, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from markjetson:
Uber will classify you as an Independent Contractor, and by being able to employ you under that classification you are already technically "deregulated."

And , now they will change that classification . Or , at least raise the taxes due .

5/8/2015 7:23:47 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  

markjetson
Albuquerque, NM
60, joined Jan. 2013

How about a physical? or Drug screen?

[Edited 5/8/2015 7:24:11 PM ]

5/8/2015 7:25:44 PM What do you guys think of Uber Taxi?  
loving91390
Santa Clarita, CA
96, joined Apr. 2013

Wrong thread .

[Edited 5/8/2015 7:26:40 PM ]