Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames sex

e. single women in vermont Sign up for the Believed Catalog Weekly and get the best stories from the week to your inbox just about every Friday. Concerned about bringing up a touchy topic? Ask them if it is cool to speak values just before you dive appropriate in, Tracy notes. omegle wont show other person The older you get, the harder it is to recognize fads.

maegapersonals

Situated correct in the heart of Sheffield city centre to Devonshire Green, Forum Kitchen + Bar. classified personals atlanta I worked challenging to make myself as likeable as a golden retriever puppy. We talked each night for a month. bumble srbija Though asking a guy about his family may perhaps look a tiny individual, you can at least get a sense on how he views these important relationships with the men and women who know him greatest.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

That truly is the big question. We first have to clean our hearts, be receptive of positive changes then encourage others to walk on the right path.

6/1/2015 2:58:33 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,770)
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

City Of Gold

Didn't anyone ever tell you?
Didn't anyone ever say?
Did you capture a vision of Glory?
If she held out her hand today?

It's reaching to the broken one
Right down to where you stand
This is your land.

It doesn't matter; the last will be first
For the sad, and the meek, and the righteous
And all those who will hunger and thirst

So let the poor in spirit know
These dreams are not of sand
This is your land.

You'll be given the robes of princes
You'll be flying on golden wings
You will live in Pavilions of Splendor
Be surrounded by beautiful things

So hold onto these promises
And keep them in your hand
This is your land
This is your land
This is your land.
This is your land

(From the Album, City Of Gold, Little Room Music)

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/3/2015 10:20:52 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

isna_la_wica
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,753)
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

Not a poem, but I find this description by a former Anglican cleric in the 1800`s,and personal chaplain to Queen Victoria , very poetic in nature.

He taught that heaven, is "won by being, not doing".

F. W. Farrar, D. D.
Matthew 19:16-22
And, behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?…

Very likely the question involved a mass of confusions. The young man thought, perhaps, that heaven was to be won by external actions and quantitative merit. He did not understand that we must enter into heaven by being, not by doing. He held perhaps the vulgar notion that eternal only means endless, so that eternity becomes the infinitude of time instead of its antithesis. He very likely did not know that every holy soul has entered already into eternal life; that to all who are in Christ it is now as the invisible bright air they breathe. He certainly did not realize that "this is life eternal, to know Thee, the only God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent." But yet, because the question was sincere and noble, and did not spring from Pharisaism — the one thing which the Lord detested most — but from the Divine dissatisfaction of a struggling soul which God alone can fill, Christ answered it.

(F. W. Farrar, D. D.)

Sermons by Farrar - Bible Hub
biblehub.com/sermons/authors/farrar.htm
The Conditions of National Greatness, Dean Farrar. Deuteronomy ... Heaven Won by Being, not Doing, F. W. Farrar, D. D., Matthew 19:16-22 · Man not Left in .

6/3/2015 3:13:48 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from isna_la_wica:
Not a poem, but I find this description by a former Anglican cleric in the 1800`s,and personal chaplain to Queen Victoria , very poetic in nature.

He taught that heaven, is "won by being, not doing".

Coincidence that you would cite that quote in your recent post, Rich. I was just reading something very similar, and also with regards to works, and Heaven...

"Not hoping to get to Heaven as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you. ~ C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Now back to more poems, songs--and even prose, about Heaven--such as Rich posted

There is a strange dearth of thoughts and longings for Heaven among Christians. And it is odd, because the New Earth, and Heavens, is where will will spend ETERNITY.

6/4/2015 12:47:45 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

"Arrival At The City"

While they were thus drawing towards the gate
Behold a company of the Heavenly host came out to meet them.
There came out also at this time several of the King's trumpeters
Clothed in white and shinning raiment.
Who with melodious noises and loud,
Made even the heavens to echo with their sound

These trumpeters saluted the pilgrims
With 10,000 welcomes, from the world
With shouting and sound of trumpet.
Signifying how welcomed they were into their company
And with what gladness they came to meet them.

Now, when they came to the Gate
The pilgrims each handed in their certificate
Which they had received at the beginning
These, therefore, were carried into the King
Who, when He had read them said: “Where are the people?”
To Whom it was answered, “They are standing outside the Gate.”
The King then commanded to open the Gate

Now, I saw in my dream that these pilgrims went in without the Gate
And as they entered they were transfigured
And they had raiment put on that shown like gold
Then I heard in my dream that all the bells in the City rang again for joy.
And that it was said within “Enter ye into the joy of our Lord.”

(Those interested in learning more about the album, "City of Gold" can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4uzeQh8Q2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ3bx-OPer8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/city-of-gold/id358465710

6/4/2015 1:13:06 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Where the Roses Never Fade

Written by Elsie Osborn, Jack Osborn, Jim Miller

I am going to a city
Where the streets are golden laid
Where the tree of life is blooming
And the roses never fade

(Cho)
Here they bloom but for a season
Soon their beauty is decayed
I am going to a city
Where the roses never fade

In this world we have our troubles
Satan snares we must evade
We will free from all temptation

Loved one's gone to be with Jesus
In their robes of white array
They are waiting for my coming

Here they bloom but for a season
Soon their beauty is decayed
I am going to a city

6/4/2015 12:06:21 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

Quote from walt_oftheearth:
Coincidence that you would cite that quote in your recent post, Rich. I was just reading something very similar, and also with regards to works, and Heaven...

"Not hoping to get to Heaven as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you. ~ C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Now back to more poems, songs--and even prose, about Heaven--such as Rich posted

There is a strange dearth of thoughts and longings for Heaven among Christians. And it is odd, because the New Earth, and Heavens, is where will will spend ETERNITY.

Not really Walt.

You think that I for example, do not long to be with the Lord? See my Mom, first love , Brothers that served, once again?

Its a matter of perspective though.

I am still here, because and only because it is Gods will. And obviously, my work is not finished.

Pretty sure, Jesus must have longed to be back with his Father, when he was in the wilderness, or when he saw the Temple being used for profit, or when he was standing before his own Religious leaders at his sham of a trial. And of course, when he was being degraded at the Cross, naked, tortured and abused.

But good thing for us, that he stayed and finished his work, right?

And that is how I look at it all. No idea what good I am really. Knees and feet are shot, cannot go and help fight things that really matter anymore like wiping ISIL off the map.

But God still wants me here. So, I make due with my belief that heaven is available to me right now, and that it is by trying to be by'being" in his will.

And a new earth? A "utopia" where Jesus returns and runs the show? Where all men, follow the tow great commandments given to us by Jesus?

Who would not want that, who already follows him that is?

But obviously, that is not Gods will at this moment. If it was, he would have already done that. I have thoughts on that, but no one here will want to be bored with them.

So, all I can do, is share with others, the ways in which the Cross, has accomplished that.

Revelation 21:4 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

4 and God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and the death shall not be any more, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor shall there be any more pain, because the first things did go away.'

How many ways, has this promise been full filled, from the Cross?

Heard this verse a lot in the last few weeks , saying good bye to 3 persons, and smiled when fighting back tears when I kept repeating it in my head over and over again.

The assurance that death was defeated at the Cross, and that I will see them all once again. And that even separated in a physical way from those passed on, I am still with them. Just as Christ is with me now, even though he ascended.

Missinon Accomplished (Poem) by Sue Woody

The Mission was started at the beginning of time
A mission of mercy for yours and for mine
A king who came from glory and died on a tree,
To fulfill His Father's mission for you and for me.

Mission accomplished at the cross of cal-vary
Mission accomplished He bled and died for me
This King arrayed in splendor and glorified in time
He died upon the cross for your sins and mine.

The prophets told about Him in the pages of old
A saviour of mercy, much more precious than earthly gold
I thank Him for that mission started long ago
For the mission was accomplished on the day He arose.

Sue Woody
The Destination! - Mission Accomplished (Poem)
thedestinationmag.page.tl/Mission-Accomplished--k1-Poem-k2-.htm

The Cross was not simply a "step", it was THE mission, of our Christ. And even though we are still living in sadness today? The assurance of his promise being given to us, can wipe away tears from our eyes, and the Holy Spirit comforts us, "while yet we still live".

6/6/2015 10:54:16 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
60, joined Mar. 2015

Isna, if not for the "death will be no more" scripture, I would not have been able to survive the loss of so many that were close to me. I stand on that promise. In the meanwhile I have joy right here on earth, because my reconciliation to God through Jesus allows me to be reconciled to others. The Kingdom of God is in me!

[Edited 6/6/2015 10:54:50 AM ]

6/6/2015 12:49:01 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from isna_la_wica:
The Destination! - Mission Accomplished (Poem)
thedestinationmag.page.tl/Mission-Accomplished--k1-Poem-k2-.htm

The Cross was not simply a "step", it was THE mission, of our Christ. And even though we are still living in sadness today? The assurance of his promise being given to us, can wipe away tears from our eyes, and the Holy Spirit comforts us, "while yet we still live".

Great post, Rich.

I have this in my DH profile, because I believe it is very true.......

"Most of us find it very difficult to want "Heaven" at all--except insofar as "Heaven" means meeting again our friends who have died. One reason for this difficulty is that we have not been trained: our whole education tends to fix our minds on this world. Another reason is that when the real want for heaven is present in us, we do not recognize it. Most people, if they had really learned to look into their own hearts, would know that they do want, and want acutely, something that can not be had in this world." ~ C.S. Lewis

I see Paul, writing to the Church at Colossia, in Colossians 1:3-5, is saying something very similar...

"The lines of purpose in your lives never grow slack, tightly tied as they are to your future in heaven, kept taut by hope."

And so we see here what you alluded to, Rich. As we tarry here, we never lose sight of that eternal purpose.

6/7/2015 7:07:48 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

Quote from forumlurkingfun:
Isna, if not for the "death will be no more" scripture, I would not have been able to survive the loss of so many that were close to me. I stand on that promise. In the meanwhile I have joy right here on earth, because my reconciliation to God through Jesus allows me to be reconciled to others. The Kingdom of God is in me!

This will not make any sense to any one.

But for me, its not so much the death of loved ones, as it is my enemies that are "gone", that I could not live with. Not because I am so kind, because I am not.

============

Walt, this poem is not really about Heaven, hope you do not mind my posting it. But being the 7th of June, all night at work, I remembered all the D Day vets that I have known in my life. So many of them were with Brothers who woke on the 6th of June 1945, and never got to see the sunrise on the 7th of June.

"Soldier Buried on the Battlefield" by Unknown Author: And when the wind in the tree-tops roared, The soldier asked from the deep dark grave: "Did the banner flutter then?" "Not so, my hero," the wind replied. "The fight is done, but the banner won, Thy comrades of old have borne it hence, Have borne it in triumph hence." Then the soldier spake from the deep dark grave: "I am content." Then he heareth the lovers laughing pass, and the soldier asks once more: "Are these not the voices of them that love, That love--and remember me?" "Not so, my hero," the lovers say, "We are those that remember not; For the spring has come and the earth has smiled, And the dead must be forgot." Then the soldier spake from the deep dark grave: "I am content."

Poetry of the Second World War - War Poetry
www.warpoetry.co.uk/2nd_WW.html

-------------------

Psalm 139 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

139 To the Overseer. -- A Psalm by David. Jehovah, Thou hast searched me, and knowest.
2 Thou -- Thou hast known my sitting down, And my rising up, Thou hast attended to my thoughts from afar.
3 My path and my couch Thou hast fanned, And [with] all my ways hast been acquainted.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, Lo, O Jehovah, Thou hast known it all!
5 Behind and before Thou hast besieged me, And Thou dost place on me Thy hand.
6 Knowledge too wonderful for me, It hath been set on high, I am not able for it.
7 Whither do I go from Thy Spirit? And whither from Thy face do I flee?
8 If I ascend the heavens -- there Thou [art], And spread out a couch in Sheol, lo, Thee!
9 I take the wings of morning, I dwell in the uttermost part of the sea,
10 Also there Thy hand doth lead me, And Thy right hand doth hold me.
11 And I say, `Surely darkness bruiseth me, Then night [is] light to me.
12 Also darkness hideth not from Thee, And night as day shineth, as [is] darkness so [is] light.
13 For Thou -- Thou hast possessed my reins, Thou dost cover me in my mother's belly.
14 I confess Thee, because that [with] wonders I have been distinguished. Wonderful [are] Thy works, And my soul is knowing [it] well.

[Edited 6/7/2015 7:08:56 AM ]

6/7/2015 9:38:24 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from isna_la_wica:
This will not make any sense to any one.

But for me, its not so much the death of loved ones, as it is my enemies that are "gone", that I could not live with. Not because I am so kind, because I am not.

It makes sense to me. You worry because you don't know their spiritual state, and you think, "what if they hadn't made things right with the Lord before they died?"

God is omnipotent, and true to His promise, He is with each and every single one of us until the end of our age. So we can and do have the hope that somehow, some way, even in the 11th hour, they turned to Him.

[Edited 6/7/2015 9:39:26 AM ]

6/8/2015 2:04:02 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

"Didn't anyone ever tell you?

"So let the poor in spirit know
This is *your land."

*[the earth made new, and the New Jerusalem]

From the album City of God

6/10/2015 1:53:34 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Re-post to bring up for air.....

"Arrival At The City"

(Those interested in learning more about the album, "City of Gold" can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4uzeQh8Q2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ3bx-OPer8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/city-of-gold/id358465710

6/16/2015 8:47:28 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

bumping for more Impressions of Heaven

6/16/2015 9:03:07 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from msreesi:
bumping for more Impressions of Heaven

Thanks, Reese.

Here's another impression of Heaven, from John Bunyan's book Pilgrim's Progress,....

"Just as the gates where opened, to let in the pilgrims, I looked in after them.

And behold, the City shown like the sun, and the streets were paved with gold.

Inside walked many people, with crowns on their heads, palms in their hands, and golden harps to sing praises.

When I had seen, I wished myself,.. among them.
"

[Edited 6/16/2015 9:03:33 PM ]

6/18/2015 8:15:30 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Creed

I can not spell my creed in words
How shall I spell .....
Despair, excitement, joy and grief?
Amazement, anger, certainty and unbelief?

What was the grammar of those sleepless nights?
Who the subject? What the object?
Of a Friend who will not come, or does not come?
And then creates His own eccentric special dawn ....
A blinding Light, that does not blind.

Why do I find You in the secret, wordless places,
where I hide from Your eternal Light?
I hate You. I love You. I miss you. I wish that You would go.
And yet I know,
That long ago,
You made a fairy tale for me

About the day that You would take your sword
And battle through the thicket of the things I have become
Your kiss to life,.. my sleeping beauty,
Waiting for her prince to come

Then I will awake, and look into Your eyes, and understand
And for the first time, I will not be dumb
And I shall say my creed, in words

6/23/2015 3:27:05 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,273)
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

City Of Gold

Didn't anyone ever say?
Did you capture a vision of Glory?
If she held out her hand today?

It's reaching to the broken one
Right down to where you stand
This is your land.

So let the poor in spirit know
This is your land.

You'll be given the robes of princes
You'll be flying on golden wings
You will live in Pavilions of Splendor
Be surrounded by beautiful things

So hold onto these promises
And keep them in your hand
This is your land
This is your land
This is your land.
This is your land

This is a great way to arouse individual's hope, knowing that there is a better place beyond where we are. The imagination takes us into the many peaceful, quiet, assuring, atmosphere where there will be no more heartaches, death, doctors, hospitals, funeral homes, burial grounds and war zones.

6/23/2015 6:42:12 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from josiemae:
This is a great way to arouse individual's hope, knowing that there is a better place beyond where we are. The imagination takes us into the many peaceful, quiet, assuring, atmosphere where there will be no more heartaches, death, doctors, hospitals, funeral homes, burial grounds and war zones.

Peaceful Shore

Just as the gates were opened, to let in the pilgrims, I looked in after them

And behold! The City shown like the sun, and the streets were paved with gold

Inside walked many people, with crowns on their heads, palms in their hands, and golden harps to sing praises.......

When I had seen,... I wished myself among them.

(From the album City Of Gold, Little Room Music/ lyrics from John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress)

Folk may listen to the beautiful accompanying music, and lyrics of Peaceful Shore here. Copy & paste in your browser:

https://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/track/peaceful-shore-pilgrims-progress

6/23/2015 9:06:24 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Peaceful Shore

Just as the gates were opened, to let in the pilgrims, I looked in after them

Inside walked many people, with crowns on their heads, palms in their hands, and golden harps to sing praises.......

When I had seen,... I wished myself among them.

(From the album City Of Gold, Little Room Music/ lyrics from John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress)

Folk may listen to the beautiful accompanying music, and lyrics of Peaceful Shore here. Copy & paste in your browser:

Yes, I had the opportunity to listen to the song - what a peaceful moment. I felt that I was going through a forest with all the sounds that the atmosphere can create when we are at peace with self and in communication, on a one-to-one basis, with God.

6/24/2015 11:05:05 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Peaceful Shore

"Just as the gates were opened, to let in the pilgrims, I looked in after them

When I had seen,... I wished myself among them."

Quote from josiemae:
Yes, I had the opportunity to listen to the song - what a peaceful moment. I felt that I was going through a forest with all the sounds that the atmosphere can create when we are at peace with self and in communication, on a one-to-one basis, with God.

Heartened to know you took the couple minutes to listen to that track, Josie, and even more so, how in impacted you.

Here it is again. I wish more would take the bit of time to listen. It is hauntingly beautiful......

6/24/2015 11:30:36 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Pearly White City

There’s a holy and beautiful city
Whose Builder and Ruler is God;
John saw it descending from Heaven,
When Patmos, in exile, he trod;
Its high, massive wall is of jasper,
The city itself is pure gold;
And when my frail tent here is folded,
Mine eyes shall its glory behold.

Refrain

In that bright city, pearly white city,
I have a mansion, a harp, and a crown;
Now I am watching, waiting, and longing,
For the white city that’s soon coming down.

No sin is allowed in that city
And nothing defiling or mean;
No pain and no sickness can enter,
No crepe on the doorknob is seen;
Earth’s sorrows and cares are forgotten,
No tempter is there to annoy;
No parting words ever are spoken,
There’s nothing to hurt or destroy.

Refrain

No heartaches are known in that city,
No tears ever moisten the eyes;
There’s no disappointment in Heaven,
No envy and strife in the sky;
The saints are all sanctified wholly,
They live in sweet harmony there;
My heart is now set on that city,
And some day its blessings I’ll share.

Refrain

My loved ones are gathering yonder,
My friends too are passing away,
And soon I shall join their bright number,
And dwell in eternity’s day;
They’re safe now in glory with Jesus,
Their trials and battles are past.
They overcame sin and the tempter,
They’ve reached that fair city at last.

Refrain

There’s a holy and beautiful city
Whose Builder and Ruler is God;
John saw it descending from Heaven,
When Patmos, in exile, he trod;
Its high, massive wall is of jasper,
The city itself is pure gold;
And when my frail tent here is folded,
Mine eyes shall its glory behold.

Refrain

In that bright city, pearly white city,
I have a mansion, a harp, and a crown;
Now I am watching, waiting, and longing,
For the white city that’s soon coming down.

No sin is allowed in that city
And nothing defiling or mean;
No pain and no sickness can enter,
No crepe on the doorknob is seen;
Earth’s sorrows and cares are forgotten,
No tempter is there to annoy;
No parting words ever are spoken,
There’s nothing to hurt or destroy.

Refrain

No heartaches are known in that city,
No tears ever moisten the eyes;
There’s no disappointment in Heaven,
No envy and strife in the sky;
The saints are all sanctified wholly,
They live in sweet harmony there;
My heart is now set on that city,
And some day its blessings I’ll share.

Refrain

My loved ones are gathering yonder,
My friends too are passing away,
And soon I shall join their bright number,
And dwell in eternity’s day;
They’re safe now in glory with Jesus,
Their trials and battles are past.
They overcame sin and the tempter,
They’ve reached that fair city at last.

Refrain

Arthur F Ingler

This is definitely the place to want to long for, especially, while we are witnesses to some of life's dilemma here on this earth.

6/27/2015 5:15:12 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

No Song On Earth

No song on earth will ever sound
Like one before your throne

When myriads of the angels sing
In praise to You, alone

No morning sun, nor harvest moon,
Or star, can shine so bright

There's nothing can compare with You,
Our sweet eternal Light

No city on this earth will stand,
For all eternity

The beauty of, Your Promised Land,
Are welcomed there for me.

Beyond this noise, to peace, at last,
At rest beside Your Throne

No city can compare to this,
And our eternal home

No kingdom knew of such a King
Of One so true, and brave

Who laid aside His diadem,
For those He came to save

Oh, matchless love, such mercy, free
I can not comprehend

There's no one can compare to Thee,
My Master, and my Friend

~ (from the CD, City of Gold, Little Room Music)

6/30/2015 11:23:49 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

I hope it's OK to post this- it's just that the title of this thread always reminds me of this poem/song:

Vision of Heaven

Had a vision of heaven, what these eyes did see,
As I viewed way up yonder in that sweet eternity.
I thought I entered that city and I stopped at the gate,
so anxious to enter, I could hardly wait.

As I neared that city, Jesus stood at the door,
said "My child, enter in, you are safe forever more".
Want to walk all around to see who I could see,
For I have so many loved ones who came ahead of me.

Walked on a little farther, who is that I did see?
Why, that's the little old lady who many times befriended me,
Help me in my sickness and in trouble a helping hand,
Why that's her there singing,
In the blessed angel band.

Why, that's my Dad and Momma,
Who were just ahead of me.
I wonder will they know me, they have been gone so long,
With a smile they remembered, said,
"My child you're welcome home".

Why, that's the old beggar who sat upon the street.
But he looks so different sitting there around God's throne,
I can still hear him singing while the ages roll on.

Oh yes, over yonder, is a face I remember still,
It's the old fashioned preacher from the church upon the hill.
With his Bible I still see him standing there so many times,
Telling us about this Heaven that someday I could call mine.

But I keep on walking, so many faces more,
so many more faces that I am searching for.
But I won't have to hurry, I'll take all the time I need,
for I am here forever, through all eternity

Lula Tweed

7/1/2015 3:32:43 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Peaceful Shore

Folk may listen to the hauntingly beautiful accompanying music to Bunyan's words, and lyrics of Peaceful Shore here.

Copy & paste in your browser:

7/6/2015 3:14:49 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

When the Shy Star Goes Forth in Heaven by James Joyce

When the shy star goes forth in heaven
All maidenly, disconsolate,
Hear you amid the drowsy even
One who is singing by your gate.
His song is softer than the dew
And he is come to visit you.

O bend no more in revery
When he at eventide is calling.
Nor muse: Who may this singer be
Whose song about my heart is falling?
Know you by this, the lover's chant,
'Tis I that am your visitant.

7/7/2015 1:06:51 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

"Oh, God, I'm not anxious to snuff it
But when the grim reaper reaps me
I'll try to rely on
my vision of Zion.

I suppose, I might be too tall, for the entrance
Ah, but Lord, chuck the rules in the bin
If I am too large, tell the angel in charge
To let me bow down, and come in"

-- Heavenly Playground, Adrian Plass, album City Of Gold, Little Room Music

7/7/2015 9:55:20 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

A Vision of Heaven
by Belinda van Rensburg

It happened many years ago,
yet what I saw I'll not forget.
I was feeling sad and low
because of something someone said.

Then I prayed "Lord, hear my cry,
I am so lonely and depressed.
won't You touch me as I lie,
broken, hurting, on my bed?"

Slowly then the veil was lifted
between the present and the next.
'Twas as if dimensions shifted,
as with a vision I was blessed.

What God showed me was astounding,
and it took my breath away -
for before my very eyes
a deep cloud-covered schism lay.

Beyond this schism rose a mountain,
much too awesome to describe.
Mortal tongues can't do it justice;
that Mount beyond the Great Divide.

It seemed composed of a strange substance,
akin to light and golden glass.
There was nothing growing on it;
no trees, no flowers, nor green grass.

As I gazed in awe and wonder,
I heard a gentle inner Voice,
"Look as long as you have need to",
and I marveled at this choice.

Peace then flooded my whole being
as I lay there touched by God,
and with peace came inner healing,
strength and faith which waiver not.

Thank you, God, for giving me,
a tiny glimpse of what's to come.
I can hardly wait to see
the rest of heaven, and Your Son.

7/7/2015 10:37:40 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Right now, I'm listening to "How Lovely is Your Dwelling Place" from City of Gold.
I'm enjoying it very much.

7/7/2015 10:39:02 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

"Oh, God, I'm not anxious to snuff it
But when the grim reaper reaps me
I'll try to rely on
my vision of Zion.

I suppose, I might be too tall, for the entrance
Ah, but Lord, chuck the rules in the bin
If I am too large, tell the angel in charge
To let me bow down, and come in"

-- Heavenly Playground, Adrian Plass, album City Of Gold, Little Room Music

Now I'm listening to this reading.

7/9/2015 11:47:59 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from msreesi:
Right now, I'm listening to "How Lovely is Your Dwelling Place" from City of Gold.
I'm enjoying it very much.

Great! Aren't these wonderful, heavenly songs, poems, and prose?

My favorite, still--by far--is the first one, the hauntingly beautiful Peaceful Shore,... with the other worldly sounding piccolo (small, wooden flute). And that track concludes with those few, precious words from John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress. Perfect!

For those who may yet like to listen to selections of City of Gold, it may be found here:

https://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/album/city-of-gold

7/16/2015 4:42:17 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Peaceful Shore

Folk may listen to the accompanying hauntingly beautiful music (just a piccolo flute and distant drums), and lyrics of Peaceful Shore here.

Copy & paste in your browser:

7/18/2015 4:26:59 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Life Beyond
By Sue Walkinshaw

I feel the warmth upon my face as I enter the land of God's good grace,
Friends and loved ones gone before, waiting here beyond the door.
With open arms they welcome me, amazement in my eyes they see.
They look so well and at their best, beauty beholds them now they rest.

I walk across the grass so green, the greenest grass I've ever seen,
I jump and skip and bounce on air, it's almost like there's nothing there.
A sky of blue, not a cloud in sight, perpetual day no darkest night.
Every flower is in full bloom, undefined colours of every hue.

The streams and rivers crystal clear, no rubbish or decay found here.
The sea is calm and turquoise blue, I long to test it, wouldn't you?
The softest sand beneath my feet, at the water's edge where they both meet.
The warmest waters gently flow, bathing me from head to toe.

A city built of alabaster walls, where translucent light eliminates the halls.
Theatres of music and concerts too, magnificent galleries for all to view.
Amazing sights for me to see, I just wander in, there's no entrance fee.
Libraries stacked with books galore, history, science and many more.

The celestial sun does forever shine, it's a perfect temperature all the time.
Orchards here overflow with fruit, a taste in itself that is quite exquisite.
I'm told it will help my soul to restore, pick what I like, there is plenty more.
This ethereal plain is a pure delight, it's my new home, my God given right.

There is nothing here to cause me fear, the Lord protects within his sphere.
An infinity of perfect peace, from the toils of earth I am now released.
I have landed on a higher realm, in perfect harmony to forever dwell.
So believe when I tell you my dear friends, you cannot die, life never ends

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/life-beyond#ixzz3gHSrwQ4x
Family Friend Poems

7/18/2015 7:45:46 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from josiemae:
Life Beyond
By Sue Walkinshaw

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/life-beyond#ixzz3gHSrwQ4x
Family Friend Poems

Wonderfully comforting and inspiring words to this darkening planet, Josie. Thanks.

For those who have not heard these words, below (likely from John Bunyan's Pilgrim Progress) accompanied by heart stirring, hauntingly beautiful music, do check out the link in bold, below. Copy & paste it in your browser, and just click the arrow. You will be emotionally and spiritually transported from this world. This is by far, my favorite from the CD City Of Gold.

"Arrival At The City"

https://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/track/arrival-at-the-city-pilgrims-progress

7/18/2015 8:17:26 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

Stillherehaha
AnchorenaQueensland
Australia
69, joined Jun. 2015

Bathing under a water fall
it sparkling water falling on me
Felt so very free

Yes freedom-- sparkling water fall is heaven to me
No Fear u see---Spirit free
Jesus carried me
to the sparkling waterfall of eternity

Glory wasn't the story of winning anything at all
Glory was the true Innocence of all

We have 0 to prove
Diversity and nuance of every hue
I can be me
You can be you

Our value is the compassion we hold
The true story Jesus the Christ Told
Compassion is the Only true Gold

Joy-stillhere July 19 2015

7/24/2015 12:24:14 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

thespian918
Over 1,000 Posts (1,241)
Hominy, OK
77, joined Nov. 2013

Jesus Makes A Way to Escape Every Temptation!

Many think “I can handle any kind of situation.”
And can find themselves in an “alluring” temptation.

Temptations come in many forms and kinds.
And have a way of distorting truth to the mind.

We hear of things that bring embarrassment.
It can often lead to some kind of entrapment.

This could be immoral sex or drugs. Just name it.
We can often choose how we will blame it.

If you feel that a temptation has “entrapped you.”
Won’t you let Jesus to put his arms around you?

He alone has the power to save and rescue you!
He’s here right now! And really wants to help you!

He provides a way to escape any kind of temptation!
Behold! His power of mercy, grace and salvation!

He’s the king of kings! And is what true life is about!
Allow his love to totally cleanse you throughout!

Hallelujah! Jesus brings victory and freedom indeed!
He alone has the power to meet your every need!

If there’s a temptation that got
your life “off track…”
Come to Jesus! He always “has your back!”

Won’t you allow him to come and touch you today?
In the midst of impossibilities, he’ll make a way!

By Jim Pemberton 07/24/15 Read 1 Cor. 10:13

7/24/2015 8:37:00 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Listening to "The King Who Remembers My Name"

I'm so glad He does.

7/24/2015 8:49:28 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from msreesi:
Listening to "The King Who Remembers My Name"

I'm so glad He does.

Glad this City Of Gold CD has ministered to you so well.

For folk who have not yet had a chance to listen to the hauntingly beautiful music on this CD, it can be listened to, in entire tracks at:

https://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/track/arrival-at-the-city-pilgrims-progress

It is not true about one being so heavenly minded that they are of no early good. It is only because of one's vision and longing for Heaven/ The New Earth that they have a weighty burden to encourage people through trails and afflictions. And remind others of the awesomeness that awaits us.

7/25/2015 1:11:41 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Creed

I can not say my creed in words
How should I spell despair, excitement, joy, and grief?
Amazement, anger, certainty, and unbelief?

What was the grammar of those sleepless nights?
Who the subject, what the object?
Of a Friend who will not come, or does not come?

And then creates His own eccentric special dawn:
A blinding light that does not blind

Why do I find You in the secret, wordless places
where I hide from your eternal light?

I hate You. I love You. I miss You.
I wish that You would go
And yet I know,
that long ago,
You made a fairytale for me.

About the day when You would take Your sword
And battle through the thicket of the things I have become
Your kiss to Life; my sleeping beauty
Waiting for her Prince to come

Then I will awake, and look into Your eyes, and understand
And for the first time,.. I will not be dumb
And, I shall say my creed,...in words

-- Poem from the album City of Gold, Little Room Music

Listen to it, and the other hauntingly beautiful tracks here, by copying and pasting in your browser:

https://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/track/creed

[Edited 7/25/2015 1:14:24 PM ]

7/25/2015 6:29:26 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Safe in Your Harbor is really good. Have you listened to it?

I wish my PC had a better sound card. This album would play throughout my house all day.

7/25/2015 10:15:24 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from msreesi:
Safe in Your Harbor is really good. Have you listened to it?

Oh, yes. Many times. I have the CD

7/27/2015 1:20:17 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Heaven

When I'm in Heaven
Tell me they'll be seasons when the colors fly
Poppies splashing flame through dying yellow, living green
And Autumns burning sadness that has always made me cry
The things that have to end

For Winter fires that blaze like captive suns
But look so cold, when the morning comes
I do love the way the seasons change

When I'm in Heaven
Tell me there will be peace, at last
That in some meadow filled with sunshine
Filled with buttercups
And filled with friends
You will, chew a straw
And fill us in,..
On how things really are

And if there is some harm
In laying earthly hope, at Heaven's door
Or, in this saying so
Well, have mercy on my foolishness, dear Lord
I love this world, You made

It's all I know

Listen to this, and the other hauntingly beautiful prose, poems, and songs here, by copying and pasting in your browser:

https://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/track/heaven

7/27/2015 3:17:25 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Heaven

When I'm in Heaven

When I'm in Heaven
Filled with buttercups
And filled with friends
You will, chew a straw
And fill us in,..
On how things really are

Or, in this saying so

It's all I know

Listen to this, and the other hauntingly beautiful prose, poems, and songs here, by copying and pasting in your browser:

https://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/track/heaven

I really love this one. Almost posted the words the other day. But it has another title:

Christmas in Heaven.

The last stanza is:

When I’m in heaven
Tell me there’ll be Christmases without the pain,
No memories that will not fade,
No chilled and sullen sense of loss
That cannot face the festive flame
Nor breathe excitement from the ice-cream air.
Tell me how the things that Christmas should have been
Will be there for eternity in one long, shining dawn
For all of us to share.
I love the promises of Christmas.

7/27/2015 3:18:45 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Here's another Adrian Plass poem I found

I Cannot Make You Love Me

If I wanted I could take the light
One shining sheet of paper
Crush it in my fist
And then - it would be night
If I was so inclined
I could destroy the day with fire
Warm my hands at all your charred tomorrows
With the smallest movement of my arm
One flicker of my will
Sweep you and all your darkness from the land
But I cannot make you love me
Cannot make you love me
Cannot make you love me
I cannot make you, will not make you, cannot make you love me

If I wanted I could lift the sea
As if it were a turquoise tablecloth
Uncover lost forgotten things
Unwritten history
It would be easy to revive the bones
Of men who never thought to see their homes again
I have revived one shipwrecked man in such a way
The story of that rescuing, that coming home
Might prove I care for you
But though I can inscribe I LOVE YOU in the sky and on the sea
I cannot make you love me
Cannot make you love me
Cannot make you love me
I cannot make you, will not make you, cannot make you love me

I can be Father, Brother, Shepherd, Friend
The Rock, the Door, the Light, Creator, Son of Man
Emmanuel, Redeemer, Spirit, First and Last, the Lion or the Lamb
I can be Master, Lord, the Way, the Truth, the Wine
Bread or Bridegroom, Son of God, I am, Jehovah
Saviour, Judge, the Cornerstone, the Vine
I can be King of Kings, Deliverer, the Morning Star
Alpha and Omega, Jesus, Rabbi, Carpenter or Morning Dew
Servant, Teacher, Sacrifice, the Rose of Sharon
I can be - I have been - crucified for you
But I cannot make you love me
Cannot make you love me
Cannot make you love me
I cannot make you, will not make you, cannot make you love me.

by ADRIAN PLASS from Learning to Fly, 1996

7/27/2015 8:29:42 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from msreesi:
I really love this one. Almost posted the words the other day. But it has another title:

Christmas in Heaven.

The last stanza is:

When I’m in heaven
Tell me there’ll be Christmases without the pain,
No memories that will not fade,
No chilled and sullen sense of loss
That cannot face the festive flame
Nor breathe excitement from the ice-cream air.
Tell me how the things that Christmas should have been
Will be there for eternity in one long, shining dawn
For all of us to share.
I love the promises of Christmas.

This got me, from the one you posted:

"Tell me how the things that Christmas should have been
Will be there for eternity in one long, shining dawn"

And, my favorite part of the City of Gold one is this. Jesus chewing a straw as He tells us how things really are: .....

"In some meadow filled with sunshine
Filled with buttercups
And filled with friends
You will, chew a straw
And fill us in,..
On how things really are"

This present world is not reality.

[Edited 7/27/2015 8:31:29 PM ]

7/27/2015 8:42:28 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

This part stuck with me.

Or, in this saying so

It's all I know

This was brought out so well, I think, because God knows this world is all we know and can compare the splendors of Heaven with. It's why He gives us the beauty of roses, sunrises, sunsets, blue skies, stars, and bird song. I believe those things are tiny glimpses of Heaven on Earth.

7/27/2015 9:15:59 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from msreesi:
This part stuck with me.

Or, in this saying so

It's all I know

This was brought out so well, I think, because God knows this world is all we know and can compare the splendors of Heaven with. It's why He gives us the beauty of roses, sunrises, sunsets, blue skies, stars, and bird song. I believe those things are tiny glimpses of Heaven on Earth.

Stars, bird songs, roses, sunrises and sunsets, but no Africanized bees!

[Edited 7/27/2015 9:16:13 PM ]

7/28/2015 12:01:56 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

How Beautiful Heaven Must Be
by A S Bridgewater

We read of a place that’s called heaven,
It’s made for the pure and the free;
These truths in God’s Word He hath given,
How beautiful heaven must be. Refrain:
How beautiful heaven must be,
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,
How beautiful heaven must be.

In heaven no drooping nor pining,
No wishing for elsewhere to be;
God’s light is forever there shining,
Pure waters of life there are flowing,
And all who will drink may be free;
Rare jewels of splendor are glowing,
The angels so sweetly are singing,
Up there by the beautiful sea;
Sweet chords from their gold harps are ringing,

7/28/2015 5:49:12 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Stars, bird songs, roses, sunrises and sunsets, but no Africanized bees!

Africanized Bees - a man made hybrid, between two species that were never supposed to meet, much less cross, and proof of what Proverbs 12:10 says:

10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

But Isaiah says this:

Isaiah 11:6- 9 KJV, MSG
KJV

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the c*ckatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

MSG
6-9 The wolf will romp with the lamb,
    the leopard sleep with the kid.
Calf and lion will eat from the same trough,
    and a little child will tend them.
Cow and bear will graze the same pasture,
    their calves and cubs grow up together,
    and the lion eat straw like the ox.
The nursing child will crawl over rattlesnake dens,
    the toddler stick his hand down the hole of a serpent.
Neither animal nor human will hurt or kill
    on my holy mountain.
The whole earth will be brimming with knowing God-Alive,
    a living knowledge of God ocean-deep, ocean-wide.

They are the way they are, through no fault of their own, so they have a place there, but they will not swarm and sting anymore.

[Edited 7/28/2015 5:50:17 AM ]

7/28/2015 9:58:31 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

Stillherehaha
AnchorenaQueensland
Australia
69, joined Jun. 2015

And we so-called Christians can't even discuss without blocking
each other
Do u think Doctrine is all important?
with a new dictionary
it may change again
Is the universe bored
Love the fight
Love putting someone down
Only hope be a hermit clown
So Sad cause we do all of this in Jesus Name
And at each other point a finger in Blame

So the lamb will be safe with the lion
both will eat straw
Wow just look at all
us so-called Christians with our claws

Before we change others
can we change ourselves?
Maybe the wounds are too deep
Best is Eternal sleep
we are so hard
we can't even weep
Sit in silence whimper Not a beep
Just fake world fake universe
Go to war to make peace
Horrible script tease
the birds and the bees
pray and kill
Preach the Glory Road with skill
Ego overpowers and lost of the
feminine---holy spirit
so only division
It's just
a horrible
curse
so discuss a word
or law
continue to claw
Trying to make each other feel small
Jesus can U hear my call?
the humanity snake pit of
the fear unbreakable wall

The fear is so overwhelming the archons are having
a perpetual feast
Death of compassion
we allow archons to give us the Fatal disease
Our souls the archons continue to eat
Because we all are seating in the judgement seat
Has the bad force got us Beat?

Hello anybody out there?

7/28/2015 4:49:37 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Quote from Stillherehaha:
[quote

Before we change others
can we change ourselves?

Hello anybody out there?
7/28/2015 7:47:22 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from msreesi:
Africanized Bees - a man made hybrid, between two species that were never supposed to meet, much less cross, and proof of what Proverbs 12:10 says:

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

That says it all right there.

I only write more about this because it just shows what the outcome is of man's messing with nature, and stands in contrast to what the New Earth will be....

I learned earlier this month of a hive/ cluster of these bees--less than 100 yards from my front door. They are inside the eaves (walls/ rafters?)of a house of some tree-hugger (winter only resident) snowbird, who's let this bee colony grow. I had to report this to the Co Health Dept Vector Control. Now, the property owner has 4 days to remove the hive. If she fails to comply, it's 4 weeks of public Notice of Absentee Owner published in the local paper. Then the Co has the bees removed, increasing their property tax bill.

This is the reason I have noticed an increase in bee activity. When I was working on a large project, building a masonry privacy wall, back in 2007, I NEVER saw--or even heard fly by--one single bee. Now I can't step outside with getting buzzed.

Back in 1998, in Bisbee, AZ, one person's foolishness--spraying RAID on these bees in his abandoned 2 story brick building--wound up sending 8 people to the emergency room, and intensive care unit. It was an old, very large colony and they all came out in mass, flying 100s of yards, stinging everything; birds, trees, tires, pets, & people. Most of these people would have died if they had not been near a hospital. The owner of the abandoned building made it home unscathed and was unaware of what he had done until he watched the evening news.

The bee professional that was called in said the place looked like a war zone.

Now, with an El Nino year coming on the heels of last years above average rain, our little hamlet here could become uninhabitable. Without deep killing frosts, these bee hives continue to proliferate and grow. The lone exterminator in town was quoted in the local weekly paper saying he's received 4 times the number of calls about bees this year

7/29/2015 5:38:20 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Our hornets have been worse this year than ever.

Back to man's tampering and Proverbs 12:10

What man did to those bees is the same as what they do with Ligers and Tigons. Lions and Tigers, two totally different species from different areas of the world, and man for vanity's sake wanted to make a "hybrid" of them.

Liger is the cross of a male lion and a female tiger.

Tigon is the cross of a male tiger and a female lion. Messing with Gods' beautiful design.

Another that angers me is that they are now breeding "Zorses" - a cross between a zebra and a horse.

The world has gone crazy.

Back on topic- City of Gold has a 5 star rating on Amazon. The lowest rating it has been given was by one person- and that was 4 star.

Listening to: "Arrival At the City"

I might have to get this and add it to my collection. I still really love my Hillsongs Australia with Darlene Zschech.

They are awesome. Here's the link to one of my favorites: Glory to the King.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLX3OfGq3iw

The guy in a white shirt playing guitar from :12-:27 used to play guitar for Air Supply back in the 80's when they were the most popular. His name is David Moyse. I was so glad to see that he had put his talent (both guitar and writing music) to use for the Lord.

7/30/2015 12:30:44 AM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from msreesi:

Listening to: "Arrival At the City"

That track from City of Gold is so inspiring. I believe it has been taken from John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.

Folk may listen to "Arrival At the City" here, by copying and pasting into your browser...

://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/track/arrival-at-the-city-pilgrims-progress

8/1/2015 10:03:34 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

That track from City of Gold is so inspiring. I believe it has been taken from John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.

Folk may listen to "Arrival At the City" here, by copying and pasting into your browser...

://littleroommusic.bandcamp.com/track/arrival-at-the-city-pilgrims-progress

8/2/2015 3:27:39 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

Right now, I'm listening to Journey's End.

It's what we are all working for, a Heavenly promise to weary workers and travelers.

8/2/2015 6:32:26 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

Gaither Vocal Band - I Bowed On My Knees Lyrics
Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/gaither-vocal-band/i-bowed-on-my-knees-lyrics/#Kb69hX191wVLDyot.99

I dreamed of a city called Glory,
And it was So bright and so fair
When I entered that gates I cried, "Holy"
O, The angels all met me there
They carried me from mansion to mansion,
And oh the sites I saw.
But I said, "I want to see Jesus,
The One who died for all."

Then I bowed on my knees and cried,
"Holy, Holy, Holy."
I clapped my hands and sang,
"Glory, Glory to the Son of God."

As I entered the gates of that city,
All my loved ones they knew me well
They took me down the streets of Heaven
O, The scenes too many to tell
I saw Abraham, and there was Jacob and Isaac
I talked with Mark, sat down with Timothy
But I said, Timothy
"I want to see Jesus,
Cause He's the One who died for me."

I bowed on my knees and cried,
"Holy, Holy, Holy."
I clapped my hands and sang,
"Glory, Glory, Glory, Glory "

I clapped my hands and sang, "Glory,
I clapped my hands and sang Glory
I clapped my hands and sang,"Glory,
I sang "Glory, to the Son of God."

Heaven is a place to look forward to go, one of the many features to get there is to meet the old characters in the Bible and to listen to the stories of their lives.

8/2/2015 6:57:48 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

^^ One of my favorites.

I love listening to GVB

8/2/2015 11:43:10 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

"Lord, support us all the day,
of this troublesome life,
until the shadows lengthen,
and the evening comes
and the busy world is hushed,
the fever of life is over,
and our work is done.

Then Lord, in thy mercy,
grant us, and those we love
safe lodging, and holy rest and peace,
at the last."

~ from the CD, City of Gold

8/3/2015 8:50:23 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Since this thread has been all about the glorious realities that await the faithful, in Glory, I thought I'd post something to tell us why it is needful to have minds set on Heaven/ the New Earth....

"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." (Colossians 3:2, ESV)

And, did not Jesus tell us "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." ?

As C.S. Lewis pointed out in his classic, Mere Christianity:

A continual looking forward to the eternal world is not (as some modern people think) a form of escapism or wishful thinking, but one of the things a Christian is meant to do. It does not mean that we are to leave the present world as it is. If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next. The Apostles themselves, who set on foot the conversion of the Roman Empire, the great men who built up the Middle Ages, the English Evangelicals who abolished the Slave Trade, all left their mark on Earth, precisely because their minds were occupied with Heaven. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this. Aim at Heaven and you will get earth “thrown in:” aim at earth and you will get neither.

(Mere Christianity, p.134)

8/6/2015 12:24:10 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
msreesi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,785)
Stout, OH
52, joined Jul. 2014

This is beautiful and well worth reposting.

Heaven

When I'm in Heaven

When I'm in Heaven
Filled with buttercups
And filled with friends
You will, chew a straw
And fill us in,..
On how things really are

Or, in this saying so

It's all I know

8/6/2015 2:47:50 PM Impressions Of Heaven, In Poetry & Song  
josiemae
Fayetteville, NC
59, joined Jan. 2008

The Hemphills - Unfinished Task lyrics

If I carry the gospel
To the lost near and far
I won’t stand empty handed
At God’s judgment bar
But I dear not relax
Until I’ve done all he asked
That I won’t leave behind
And unfinished task

Chorus
For you have fought and run the race
You have kept the faith
These words I long to hear
My saviour say
So when my life, on earth is past
There’s just one thing dear Lord I as
Don’t let me leave behind
An unfinished task

If I’ve wronged my brother
If I’ve wounded a friend
Give me courage precious Lord
To make amend
And when I’ve come to change my world
And reach glory at last
An unfinished task

Chorus

When it comes to the crossing
I’ll be leaving behind
All my earthly possessions
The things I don’t mind
It will make my heart glad
Just to leave all I had
An unfinished task

Chorus

Walt...

I remember this song as a young woman. As I grow up, I am able on a daily basis, to understand my tasks here on this earth. The last Chorus "When it comes to the crossing..." what truly matters is our heart. The many lives that we have impacted in making this world a better place - Love God and our neighbor as ourselves.