Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelight app

Final spring, a smaller group of pals who Blue describes as introverted, decided to type a hang out bubble. women seeking men boca raton She dolled heself up to the n th degree, makeup, smokey eyes, lipstick, the operates and I turn up on my motorbike. Tana s dating history is no secret to her fans. jakarta locanto We ve been collectively for virtually two years and have been engaged for almost a year.

mega personal login

The app had its accessibility issues but I discovered it usable, and exactly where the app fell short I could at least go on the site which ordinarily filled the gap. augusta dating sites , and so on. These findings assistance the view that even following obtaining ‘read a book, 1 nevertheless, to some extent, judges it by its ‘cover, the researchers concluded. minot pof In truth, a lot more than 60 % of singles stated 4 legged close friends have been the best icebreaker when it comes to meeting a person, according to an August survey of 3,400 Lots of Fish users.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/24/2015 3:28:05 PM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Your going to hell , you cant be saved .

If I tell somebody to go to hell , that they're a worthless piece of shit . I know its wrong . I know its my own anger , and emotions , that pull the trigger .

When people actually believe that such comments are good , they have no connection to themselves , or their environment , something else is controlling them .

People who have control over themselves aren't going to hurt others , for their own satisfaction , unless anger possesses them .

If doctrine tells you to behave this way , its not the words of god , its the words of humans .

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/24/2015 4:20:40 PM The smoking gun  

Stillherehaha
AnchorenaQueensland
Australia
68, joined Jun. 2015

Quote from nonstandard:

If I tell somebody to go to hell , that they're a worthless piece of shit . I know its wrong . I know its my own anger , and emotions , that pull the trigger .

When people actually believe that such comments are good , they have no connection to themselves , or their environment , something else is controlling them .

People who have control over themselves aren't going to hurt others , for their own satisfaction , unless anger possesses them .

If doctrine tells you to behave this way , its not the words of god , its the words of humans .

People speaking in Jesus name
without understanding him.

They have NOT grown up in Jesus yet
so the ego must be protected at all costs---
so if upset with you
they want u to burn to hurt they want
some kind of victory

Like your blocked hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

they are never wrong---their ego is their god

This is why trying to follow Jesus is so difficult
Easy to say we belong to him
Trying to have compassion (mercy) is hard
because some people are so perfect
they never say sorry---need No forgiveness
and want all us sinner types to go to hell forever
No mercy
and people do this
in their families too
Sad beyond belief

this is the core problem with humanity in my opinion

11/24/2015 5:51:52 PM The smoking gun  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Gods grand plan for mis-qualified energy= Karma.

I try to avoid negativity especially anger. When I feel it
sneaking up on me I try to remember that word Karma.

11/24/2015 6:06:55 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from irishrose0906:

Please elaborate on this also for the Christian audience, the more detailed the better. Is this a Christian understanding to what would be compatible with the teaching of Jesus? Does the "mis-qualified" pertain to energy or the persons soul?

11/24/2015 6:58:15 PM The smoking gun  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,046)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from nonstandard:

Of course something else is controlling them. Their thinking processes are distorted. They truly believe you're going to a literal hell because they're delusional. We know why and how they got that way. They are cognitively disordered. Their disability prevents them from thinking rationally and coherently. They were made that way from being psychologically abused as children with utter nonsense and grow up as damaged ignorant human beings.

Actually no. Anger is often a motivation but when someone is religiously deranged they may be quite happy in their ignorance and insanity. We often see mentally disturbed and developmentally disabled people being quite happy without a worry in the world. They're out of touch with reality. For example --->

Any words from God always comes from the words of humans because only humans write this shit. God is just a puppet, a projection of deranged minds avoiding personal responsibility. This makes them intellectually infantile and lacking integrity.

11/26/2015 4:01:14 AM The smoking gun  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from paulrxp:
Please elaborate on this also for the Christian audience, the more detailed the better. Is this a Christian understanding to what would be compatible with the teaching of Jesus? Does the "mis-qualified" pertain to energy or the persons soul?

I'm sorry for the overdue response. I didn't see this response.

Jesus called it reaping what you sowed. Science calls it cause and effect, and Buddhism calls it Karma. But it is all one in the same. You have to keep in mind that when Jesus taught he was teaching people that had no understanding of energy. So he put it in a parable that they could relate too. When you sow the good seed, meaning good thoughts that come from a good conscience and heart, lead to positive actions, and produces a bountiful harvest. Seed sown into shallow ground are those negative thoughts that only serve your own ego, and they will only produce negative results, that won't take root.

Cause and Effect every action has a reaction. Example Cause-Action-someone calls you an idiot. Effect-reaction- can vary on your state of mind. If your choose to come from the egotic mind (your ego). Your lower self will respond with anger, insults, pride, defensive. When you respond from your higher self- you either ignore the remark (turn the other cheek). Or seek to remove the beam from your own eye, before attempting to remove from theirs. Calming discussing why they feel that way to gain an understanding. You'll seek to reconcile your differences.

Karma- The sum of each person's actions- Karma can be positive or negative it depends upon the actions. All things in this world are made of energy. "Let there be light" What is light but energy in vibration. Emotions are a form of energy in motion. So if a person actions are negative they create negative energy. If they are positive (good seed) they create positive energy (bountiful harvest). If they are negative they produce negative energy.

Only you can decide if it is in line with the teachings of Jesus. Only you can determine what kind of teacher Jesus is and how he taught, the methods that he used? Why your at it you might consider this: Do you believe that Jesus left us with one book that was written over two thousands years ago, and has not given us any new teachings?

11/26/2015 4:17:08 AM The smoking gun  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,069)
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

I'm sorry for the overdue response. I didn't see this response.

Jesus called it reaping what you sowed. Science calls it cause and effect, and Buddhism calls it Karma. But it is all one in the same. You have to keep in mind that when Jesus taught he was teaching people that had no understanding of energy. So he put it in a parable that they could relate too. When you sow the good seed, meaning good thoughts that come from a good conscience and heart, lead to positive actions, and produces a bountiful harvest. Seed sown into shallow ground are those negative thoughts that only serve your own ego, and they will only produce negative results, that won't take root.

Cause and Effect every action has a reaction. Example Cause-Action-someone calls you an idiot. Effect-reaction- can vary on your state of mind. If your choose to come from the egotic mind (your ego). Your lower self will respond with anger, insults, pride, defensive. When you respond from your higher self- you either ignore the remark (turn the other cheek). Or seek to remove the beam from your own eye, before attempting to remove from theirs. Calming discussing why they feel that way to gain an understanding. You'll seek to reconcile your differences.

Karma- The sum of each person's actions- Karma can be positive or negative it depends upon the actions. All things in this world are made of energy. "Let there be light" What is light but energy in vibration. Emotions are a form of energy in motion. So if a person actions are negative they create negative energy. If they are positive (good seed) they create positive energy (bountiful harvest). If they are negative they produce negative energy.

Only you can decide if it is in line with the teachings of Jesus. Only you can determine what kind of teacher Jesus is and how he taught, the methods that he used? Why your at it you might consider this: Do you believe that Jesus left us with one book that was written over two thousands years ago, and has not given us any new teachings?

How does all this help substantiate that a god of Abraham exists?

Seems to me that you are describing normal everyday natural results of actions/reactions.

Peace

11/26/2015 5:42:46 PM The smoking gun  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from sail_dancer:
How does all this help substantiate that a god of Abraham exists?

Seems to me that you are describing normal everyday natural results of actions/reactions.

Peace

Sail, Paul didn't ask me prove God's existence. He asked me too explain mis-qualified energy or karma, and if it was in line with the teachings of Jesus.
My answer was to show that though Science, Jesus, and Buddhism use different language and words "logos". Their was still unity to the Universal law.

God doesn't need me to prove God's existence. God is quite capable of making that known to those that have the ears to hear. Sail, I mean no offense when I say this. But you criticize Christians for their views of God as an imaginary being in the sky. While yet you seem to harbor that same view of God when you dispute God's existence. Its quite the contradiction, you and they keep trying to give form to God, when God is beyond any form, because God is the source of all form.

11/27/2015 6:16:06 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

I don’t think Jesus left us with just a book as other Bible Christians are so dogmatically insistent to believe. The pillar of Truth is and was always the Church(1 Timothy 3:15) My trust in understanding what Jesus taught and who he was is put on those He(Jesus) taught and who He commissioned to spread His Gospel. There can be no separation and deviation between Jesus and His living Body, His living, visible Church.

With regard to new teachings, I’d only be concerned with what Jesus taught about salvation New teachings trying to explain away how we should adapt and embrace the modern lifestyles that glorify materialism, moral relativism, universalism and humanism is something I’ve always been guarded against into believing . The belief of Karma would be a perfect example. Even if I accepted the part where you reap what you sow, I could not ignore the false teachings of past and present lives as well as the rejection that heaven doesn’t await the justified soul, where unification with the eternal God awaits the believer.

What a sad state Christianity is in modern cultures. It's sugar-coated, pop culture, faddish, religious fluff. Just tune into any Christian TV program. You could not differentiate them from self-help seminars rather than what they should be; devoted prayer and reverent liturgical worship of almighty GOd. It's no wonder New Ageism (that's very similar) attracts so many modern day Christians.

11/27/2015 8:37:25 AM The smoking gun  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,439)
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

"unification with the eternal God awaits the believer"

There are many ardent "believers" in this world, and their beliefs range from superstition to classical Catholicism. The premise that a sincere prayer spoken in a grove of Rowan trees or with a Pipe in hand or in supplication on a prayer rug or accompanied by a burning incense isn't heard because it isn't ended with the words "in Jesus name" is egotistical fallacy.
Jesus was the only savior who walked the earth in his time, so of course he said "only through me". That was meant for his living listeners then, not forever.
There have been many spiritual adepts through the ages, and to close your mind to them is to embrace ignorance.

11/27/2015 9:35:15 AM The smoking gun  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,046)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

God doesn't need me to prove God's existence. God is quite capable of making that known to those that have the ears to hear.
Absolutely. Many have auditory hallucinations of God talking to them. What it proves is a mental disorder. So how does that help your case?

Sail, I mean no offense when I say this. But you criticize Christians for their views of God as an imaginary being in the sky.
When you know your myth you learn the God of Abraham is copied from Sumerian myth. Anu is the sky god and is the main piece in this copied myth. Abraham was Ur and the son of a Sumarian priest.

While yet you seem to harbor that same view of God when you dispute God's existence. Its quite the contradiction, you and they keep trying to give form to God, when God is beyond any form, because God is the source of all form.
In other words, God is Nothing. With nothing anything can be made up. We do know much of that nothing is from ignorance, superstition and magical thinking.

11/27/2015 9:40:30 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from asanb:

Jesus was the only savior who walked the earth in his time, so of course he said "only through me". That was meant for his living listeners then, not forever.
There have been many spiritual adepts through the ages, and to close your mind to them is to embrace ignorance.

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Even if His earthly life was measured by time. His divinity certainly assured he would never be bounded by space nor time. His living listeners would still then be the believers who hear and accept His Word as infinite truth for eternal salvation. I'll keep my faith and trust in Jesus, and those other ignorant followers who came in the name of the Lord. The others can have their Gods and prophets, more power to them.

11/27/2015 9:56:10 AM The smoking gun  

iyamwutiyam
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,037)
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from paulrxp:
Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Yes. It was and still is a myth but everyone has their own version of how they interpret the myth and for good reason.

Even if His earthly life was measured by time.
True because Mars has a longer yearly cycle, almost double in earth days.

His divinity certainly assured he would never be bounded by space nor time.
Actually no. History is bounded by space and time and Jesus' history is quite sketchy at best because there were no eyewitnesses who were writers.

His living listeners would still then be the believers who hear and accept His Word as infinite truth for eternal salvation.
Anyone who ever knew Jesus are all dead now. It's a shame they didn't write about it.

I'll keep my faith and trust in Jesus,
Faith is necessary when there is no evidence. Trusting with no evidence is just another name for faith. So that statement is redundant.

and those other ignorant followers who came in the name of the Lord.
All followers are ignorant because they can only have faith. Faith by definition is unexamined and is the shallowest of experiences. We have no evidence for Sasquatch or Loch Ness yet many have faith it exists but I do give some credit to those who keep looking for evidence.

The others can have their Gods and prophets, more power to them.
Myths have power. In fact Joseph Campbell wrote the book, The Power of Myth. A great read.

11/27/2015 2:46:51 PM The smoking gun  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from paulrxp:
I don’t think Jesus left us with just a book as other Bible Christians are so dogmatically insistent to believe. The pillar of Truth is and was always the Church(1 Timothy 3:15) My trust in understanding what Jesus taught and who he was is put on those He(Jesus) taught and who He commissioned to spread His Gospel. There can be no separation and deviation between Jesus and His living Body, His living, visible Church.

With regard to new teachings, I’d only be concerned with what Jesus taught about salvation New teachings trying to explain away how we should adapt and embrace the modern lifestyles that glorify materialism, moral relativism, universalism and humanism is something I’ve always been guarded against into believing . The belief of Karma would be a perfect example. Even if I accepted the part where you reap what you sow, I could not ignore the false teachings of past and present lives as well as the rejection that heaven doesn’t await the justified soul, where unification with the eternal God awaits the believer.

What a sad state Christianity is in modern cultures. It's sugar-coated, pop culture, faddish, religious fluff. Just tune into any Christian TV program. You could not differentiate them from self-help seminars rather than what they should be; devoted prayer and reverent liturgical worship of almighty GOd. It's no wonder New Ageism (that's very similar) attracts so many modern day Christians.

So the Church has become your golden calf, that you build you beliefs around and idolize as the truth?

11/27/2015 3:52:08 PM The smoking gun  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

" His living listeners would still then be the believers who hear and accept His Word as infinite truth for eternal salvation."

The crux of the problem is that scriptural study and biblical discourse isn't the same as "hearing the Word".

Word, Logos, Naam, Kalma, music of the spheres, are some of many names of what is heard in a state of meditation. They are a spiritual experience of the creation energy. To say that you have heard the Word out of some communion with a book or through an attachment to a long dead Savior isn't accurate. More than that, it isn't salvation.
Hearing is HEARING. Seeing is SEEING. Like with the ears and eyes but in a meditative state.

Please be explicit in your description of "hearing and Accepting his Word". What does that mean, exactly.

11/27/2015 4:40:43 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

So the Church has become your golden calf, that you build you beliefs around and idolize as the truth?

It’s the New Agers that want to recraft the Gospels, that want to forge a golden calf with innovations to the Gospels. To infuse doctrine and beliefs like karma that would normally be alien to Christian beliefs. Very much like the crafters of the golden calf who turned their backs on the law, who later were ironically destroyed by the same written word they disobeyed and defiled.

St. Paul had to deal with the the same headaches in Galatia, maybe they were New Agers lol

Galatians 1: 6-9 - I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

11/27/2015 5:01:48 PM The smoking gun  

up2youandme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,882)
Chandler, AZ
40, joined Jan. 2014

I try to avoid negativity especially anger. When I feel it
sneaking up on me I try to remember that word Karma.

Karma is just another word to make ourselves feel better. It's simply wishful thinking we hope something other than ourselves can avenge poor little old me syndrome.

11/27/2015 6:06:23 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from asanb:

The crux of the problem is that scriptural study and biblical discourse isn't the same as "hearing the Word".

So whats your approach, reject any and all written discourse, yet still think you can have the same or even better understanding of Jesus? Now if your aim is to reject Jesus by this approach, then I understand full well why study and discourse would be pitted against each other.

Quote from asanb:

Word, Logos, Naam, Kalma, music of the spheres, are some of many names of what is heard in a state of meditation. They are a spiritual experience of the creation energy. To say that you have heard the Word out of some communion with a book or through an attachment to a long dead Savior isn't accurate. More than that, it isn't salvation.
Hearing is HEARING. Seeing is SEEING. Like with the ears and eyes but in a meditative state.

I’ll leave the meditation for the New Agers. Whatever you guys hear or see in this introspective trance is as invisible and imaginary to me, as you think my spiritual Christian method of connecting to God is. We call it prayer.

Quote from asanb:

Please be explicit in your description of "hearing and Accepting his Word". What does that mean, exactly.

Nothing overly complicated, only to perhaps the non-believer. The Father sent his only begotten son. And His Son was the Word made flesh.

11/27/2015 6:49:37 PM The smoking gun  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
Nothing overly complicated, only to perhaps the non-believer. The Father sent his only begotten son. And His Son was the Word made flesh.

Vague

11/27/2015 8:03:45 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from asanb:
Vague

I don't expect you'd get absolutes from our discourse, if you'd rebuff the discourse between Jesus and His apostles as just relevant to their times.

Still "Vague"? Follow your own advice, meditate over it lol

11/27/2015 9:29:19 PM The smoking gun  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Below are just a few scriptures that mention meditation. I didn't find not one that dis-allowed it. Must not be too new-age.

Joshua 1:8
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Psalm 119:97 ESV
Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.

Psalm 1:2 ESV
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 1:1-6 ESV
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; ...

Psalm 19:14 ESV
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Matthew 6:6 ESV
But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Psalm 49:3 ESV
My mouth shall speak wisdom; the meditation of my heart shall be understanding.

[Edited 11/27/2015 9:31:44 PM ]

11/27/2015 10:09:16 PM The smoking gun  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from paulrxp:
It’s the New Agers that want to recraft the Gospels, that want to forge a golden calf with innovations to the Gospels.

To infuse doctrine and beliefs like karma that would normally be alien to Christian beliefs.
In a way that's true because the concept of karma is basically about personal responsibility whereas Christianity is about avoiding personal responsibility.

Very much like the crafters of the golden calf who turned their backs on the law, who later were ironically destroyed by the same written word they disobeyed and defiled.
There is something defiled about the gospels. The obvious fact none of it was written by eyewitnesses.

St. Paul had to deal with the the same headaches in Galatia, maybe they were New Agers lol
It's funny you mention headaches because his monumental psychotic episode of a bright light and hearing voices in his head describes symptoms of temporal lobe epilepsy.

11/27/2015 10:56:07 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Below are just a few scriptures that mention meditation. I didn't find not one that dis-allowed it. Must not be too new-age.

Joshua 1:8
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Psalm 119:97 ESV
Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.

Whether it's allowed or not may not matter, since the good book doesn't seem like what you'd be meditating over.

Paul I am a believer of heaven and also of God. But I don't believe that the bible gives
a true accounting of Jesus teachings

11/27/2015 11:00:21 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
It's funny you mention headaches because his monumental psychotic episode of a bright light and hearing voices in his head describes symptoms of temporal lobe epilepsy.

Reading your arguments are like eating leftover Thanksgiving turkey for 4 straight days

11/27/2015 11:13:47 PM The smoking gun  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from paulrxp:
Reading your arguments are like eating leftover Thanksgiving turkey for 4 straight days

Turkey is much healthier than other kinds of meat but when it comes to mental health, you consume psychosis. So what happened to Paul? He never met Jesus in person except in a hallucination. Lot's of reasons why people hallucinate. Can you name just one?

Where would your religion be if it weren't so dependent on these psychotic conditions? Where would you be?

11/27/2015 11:49:49 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
Turkey is much healthier than other kinds of meat but when it comes to mental health, you consume psychosis. So what happened to Paul? He never met Jesus in person except in a hallucination. Lot's of reasons why people hallucinate. Can you name just one?

Where would your religion be if it weren't so dependent on these psychotic conditions? Where would you be?

Where would you be and what would you believe if you didn't have religion to deny?
I think someone who's obsessed with psychosis as much as you are probably has a tick there somewhere lol Can't answer any of your questions because they're all classic , presumptuous strawman concoctions. You prob should've found a different method of reasoning, because the fallacies won't change themselves if how you construct them are all the same You're still smarting from the strawman crossing post and haven't saved face from it apparently

11/28/2015 12:05:37 AM The smoking gun  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from paulrxp:
Where would you be and what would you believe if you didn't have religion to deny?
I have lots of fun things to do already but without religion it would be a much better world, less suffering, less stupidity and we would likely already be colonizing Mars and have cures for all sorts of diseases because a lot more people would be doing something that actually helps humanity.

I think someone who's obsessed with psychosis as much as you are probably has a tick there somewhere lol Can't answer any of your questions because they're all classic , presumptuous strawman concoctions.
The strawman doesn't have a brain. Now thinking of your theology based on pure fiction, no evidence, no facts, no rationality, no sanity because it highly depends on imaginary beings, places and things only the superstitious would believe. That's brainless.

As for the strawman fallacy, its about misrepresentation and this is something religion does all the time and so do you because you have no other choice.

So why not explain Paul's experience on the road to Damascus without sounding like a completely delusional religious fanatic buffoon? Is that possible? No.

11/28/2015 12:37:34 AM The smoking gun  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from paulrxp:

Yes I stated that I don't believe the bible gives a true accounting of Jesus teaching.
Meaning that a lot of what Jesus taught didn't make it into the bible. The bible even agrees with that statement.

Acts 1:1-26 ESV
In the first book, O Theophilus, I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach, until the day when he was taken up, after he had given commands through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen. He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.

Matthew 13:11
And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

11/28/2015 12:39:02 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
The strawman doesn't have a brain. Now thinking of your theology based on pure fiction, no evidence, no facts, no rationality, no sanity because it highly depends on imaginary beings, places and things only the superstitious would believe. That's brainless.

Welp, I got news for you. Religion and God are not going away any time soon. Certainly not in your lifetime. So you can remain bitter and miserable about it, but that ain't gonna change the situation, or amount to even a hill of beans at the end of the day.

It's just days of your life, obsessing about something you've already accepted as illusionary disorder. Still, it's ironic that you're fixated on something you've already convinced yourself isn't real. Maybe you disbelieve your own disbelief

11/28/2015 1:20:41 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

eader]Quote from paulrxp:

Yes I stated that I don't believe the bible gives a true accounting of Jesus teaching.
Meaning that a lot of what Jesus taught didn't make it into the bible. The bible even agrees with that statement.

You’re correct that many events and accounts didn’t make it into the BIble. Not all the work of Jesus’ ministry could be written.

John 21:25 - And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written.

Even taken this into consideration, you run into a problem. That problem is your denial of the Church, or lets just call it a group of believers you’ve already understood as the “golden calf”,. This group of believers were witnesses to Jesus’ teachings who saw the unwritten works first hand. Both the written and unwritten oral teachings have to be part of the narrative to fully understand Jesus’ mission and will.

I’m not going to beat the meditation drum any further. All I’ll say is the meditation in the Bible, particularly the Psalms is in no way the same meditation espoused by New Agers or any and all of the Eastern religions whom meditate, and somehow want to infuse their pseudo-gnostisicm into Christian theology. So who you meditate to matters a great deal. One can meditate with the Psalms to become more reflective with prayers to the Lord, and another can meditate with spells to call demonic spirits . All forms of meditation aren’t always of God or to God. So whether the word meditation appears in Scripture doesn't mean that all forms of meditation are acceptable or appropriate to worshipping GOd, especially the meditation introduced and practiced outside of Scripture.

11/28/2015 3:19:22 AM The smoking gun  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
Welp, I got news for you. Religion and God are not going away any time soon. Certainly not in your lifetime. So you can remain bitter and miserable about it, but that ain't gonna change the situation, or amount to even a hill of beans at the end of the day.

It's just days of your life, obsessing about something you've already accepted as illusionary disorder. Still, it's ironic that you're fixated on something you've already convinced yourself isn't real. Maybe you disbelieve your own disbelief

You seriously need to consult a licensed mental health professional ..... you are obviously a very f**ked-up individual.

Peace

11/28/2015 5:32:06 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from sail_dancer:
You seriously need to consult a licensed mental health professional ..... you are obviously a very f**ked-up individual.

Peace

You’re a vile decrepit demon that emanates narcissism and pride. You know how I know that? I know that because at your advanced age, and because you already have one foot in the grave, you still with your arrogance believe there's nothing greater than yourself in this universe. So you carrying on and go about life just casting darkness and shadows wherever you go. More than any member in this dungeon of a forum. you are the face of the Godless.

11/28/2015 5:44:17 AM The smoking gun  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
So you carrying on and go about life just casting darkness and shadows wherever you go.

Wrong again!

I simply point out the darkness and shadows christianity and the other religions that worship the sky god of Abraham constantly cast on humankind.

I live a very peaceful and rewarding life ..... appreciating the sun, moon and stars ..... that lighten my life ..... and the lives of all of us.

Peace

11/28/2015 5:58:31 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from sail_dancer:

Wrong again!

I simply point out the darkness and shadows christianity and the other religions that worship the sky god of Abraham constantly cast on humankind.

Peace

Well then lets be fair and lets also allow Christianity to show your horrid face and attitude for what it really is, enjoy

11/28/2015 6:07:44 AM The smoking gun  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,223)
Tikrit
Iraq
57, joined May. 2011

Nice GIF. What programme did you use to create it?

11/28/2015 6:28:05 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from clarence2:

Nice GIF. What programme did you use to create it?

Thank you Clarence. Photoshop will allow you to create your very own servant of Satan If you want the free alternative, use the Gimp. That's what I used. It has an animation feature. Sorta ironic it's called Gimp

I cannot take credit for the Masonic tattoo. That was a suggestion of a local tattoo parlour, that doubles as a part time Tarot Card reading shop

11/28/2015 6:44:40 AM The smoking gun  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,223)
Tikrit
Iraq
57, joined May. 2011

I use GIMP myself. It gives some very pleasing results. Another recent mild pisstake out of Sail here.

[Edited 11/28/2015 6:45:23 AM ]

11/28/2015 6:56:06 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from clarence2:
I use GIMP myself. It gives some very pleasing results. Another recent mild pisstake out of Sail here.

Sir Clarence, regardless where we stand on the belief of God. I like your spirit, you know how to do this, woot , woot

11/28/2015 7:49:02 AM The smoking gun  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
I don't expect you'd get absolutes from our discourse, if you'd rebuff the discourse between Jesus and His apostles as just relevant to their times.

Still "Vague"? Follow your own advice, meditate over it lol
just oncquit would be refreshing to see an explanation of the relationship between a Christian and Jesus that is more than a pile of homilies. Something concrete that describes it as more than having an imagined friend. It has eluded this forum for years

11/28/2015 10:00:57 AM The smoking gun  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from paulrxp:
Welp, I got news for you. Religion and God are not going away any time soon.
God and religion are the same thing and on the decline except in third world countries where hopelessness is high. Faith peddlers prey upon the ignorant and unfortunate.

So you can remain bitter and miserable about it, but that ain't gonna change the situation, or amount to even a hill of beans at the end of the day.
I love bitter. I never used to but love Gin and tonic especially in hot weather. Oh, hill of beans. I'm going to have to watch Casablanca again. Loved those old movies.

It's just days of your life, obsessing about something you've already accepted as illusionary disorder.
Sounds like a projection because you're the one who believes in imaginary beings, fantasy, fiction, and absurdities as reality. All things that have zero evidence and requires blind faith ignorance to believe in. That's you who believes in irrational, incoherent dark age superstition. In fact, because if it's lack of reality requires an OCD to adhere to.

[Edited 11/28/2015 10:02:03 AM ]

11/30/2015 10:06:15 AM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from up2youandme:
Karma is just another word to make ourselves feel better. It's simply wishful thinking we hope something other than ourselves can avenge poor little old me syndrome.

Karma is really just cause , and effect . Do you believe that causes have no effect ?

11/30/2015 10:15:27 AM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
It’s the New Agers that want to recraft the Gospels, that want to forge a golden calf with innovations to the Gospels. To infuse doctrine and beliefs like karma that would normally be alien to Christian beliefs. Very much like the crafters of the golden calf who turned their backs on the law, who later were ironically destroyed by the same written word they disobeyed and defiled.

Galatians 1: 6-9 - I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

The bible chose four gospels , out of a more than a hundred . Only four could represent the message they wished to display . They banished all the rest , because they wanted people to be ignorant of any other possibilities .

This doesn't seem very godly , although it does seem , very human .

11/30/2015 4:23:16 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from nonstandard:
The bible chose four gospels , out of a more than a hundred . Only four could represent the message they wished to display . They banished all the rest , because they wanted people to be ignorant of any other possibilities .

This doesn't seem very godly , although it does seem , very human .

Partially correct, there were many Gospels beyond the 4 that were declared to be inspired, but the Bible didn't choose those particular Gospels on its own. The Church determined the final canon, because much of what comprised the New Testament were the direct teachings of Jesus to the Church and witnessed by the Church. Namely, Jesus' apostles who further appointed successors. It was for this reason that the successors of the Apostles would be better qualified than anyone to know what their teachers and predecessors taught them. What teachings were authentic, and what were false and heretical.

The banished Gospels were rejected because their origins could not be verified. The Muratorian Fragment was one of the earliest writings that helped to verify what Scriptures the earliest Christians used during their worship. Besides being able to verify origin, the factual conflicts of the Muratorian Fragment, was further able to itself exclude the many heresies of the Gospels that were ultimately rejected. particularly the Gnostic Gospels.

[Edited 11/30/2015 4:24:18 PM ]

11/30/2015 4:48:29 PM The smoking gun  

up2youandme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,882)
Chandler, AZ
40, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from nonstandard:
Karma is really just cause , and effect . Do you believe that causes have no effect ?

That's comparing apples and oranges. ...not gonna happen.

Cause and effect has scientific premise...karma does not!!!!

12/2/2015 9:17:00 AM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
Partially correct, there were many Gospels beyond the 4 that were declared to be inspired, but the Bible didn't choose those particular Gospels on its own. The Church determined the final canon, because much of what comprised the New Testament were the direct teachings of Jesus to the Church and witnessed by the Church. Namely, Jesus' apostles who further appointed successors. It was for this reason that the successors of the Apostles would be better qualified than anyone to know what their teachers and predecessors taught them. What teachings were authentic, and what were false and heretical.

The banished Gospels were rejected because their origins could not be verified. The Muratorian Fragment was one of the earliest writings that helped to verify what Scriptures the earliest Christians used during their worship. Besides being able to verify origin, the factual conflicts of the Muratorian Fragment, was further able to itself exclude the many heresies of the Gospels that were ultimately rejected. particularly the Gnostic Gospels.

The Muratorian Fragment was written about 170 AD , just in time , for the new testament . Pure coincidence , or intentional planning ?

These guys had been using people for centuries , they were experts of deception . They adopted Jesus , to promote the same tired old crap that existed before Jesus became so popular . They banished the Gnostic Gospels , but incorporated their celebrations , to further promote their agenda . They had a business to run , they had to make changes , or go bankrupt .

They banished all of the other gospels , because it was bad for business . Too much competition .

12/2/2015 9:26:37 AM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from up2youandme:
That's comparing apples and oranges. ...not gonna happen.

Cause and effect has scientific premise...karma does not!!!!

Whos comparing apples to oranges ? Not me ...

12/2/2015 10:00:40 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from nonstandard:
The Muratorian Fragment was written about 170 AD , just in time , for the new testament . Pure coincidence , or intentional planning ?

Welp, all you'd have to do is produce a verifiable historic document(other than the Bible itself) that would show what books and letters, particularly with regards to the New Testament that would show which Scriptures were used by the apostles and the earliest followers of Christ.
IF someone claimed to have found lost pages of the US Constitution, would you assume also that those documents were intentionally left out, or would you first investigate the source and authenticity of those documents?

So no coincidence whatsoever, it's about what can be verified by the historical record as we know it. I'll leave the non-believers and Gnostics to formulate their conspiracies.

12/2/2015 10:08:18 AM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6TxjrHPHypA

12/2/2015 10:33:49 AM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
Welp, all you'd have to do is produce a verifiable historic document(other than the Bible itself) that would show what books and letters, particularly with regards to the New Testament that would show which Scriptures were used by the apostles and the earliest followers of Christ.
IF someone claimed to have found lost pages of the US Constitution, would you assume also that those documents were intentionally left out, or would you first investigate the source and authenticity of those documents?

So no coincidence whatsoever, it's about what can be verified by the historical record as we know it. I'll leave the non-believers and Gnostics to formulate their conspiracies.

In Nag Hammadi we can discover , what was covered , by self righteous pricks .

Those pricks that tell us that nothing is worthy of their own perverse dichotomy .

12/2/2015 2:01:47 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from nonstandard:
In Nag Hammadi we can discover , what was covered , by self righteous pricks .

Those pricks that tell us that nothing is worthy of their own perverse dichotomy .

You been watching too many Dan Brown movies and History Channel, or taking too big a hit on your bong pipe lol Gnosticism may have very well preceded Christianity, but the earliest Christians did a thorough job of neutralizing the spread of perverted Gnostic heresies.

There are lots of holes in the arguments for the Gnostic Gospels being part of the Christian Bible. Just examine the authors of the Gnostics. Were they Jews, who converted to Christianity? Or were they Greeks who brought Gnostic attitudes and beliefs from their culture? Were al the Gospel of Matthew written in Greek? Are you sure of that? Iranaeus wrote in 180AD that Matthew also issued a copy of a written Gospel in a Hebrew dialect. How many writings in Nag Hammadi given to the Coptics were not translated from Greek? Where are any of the historical accounts referring to the Gnostics having been translated from from any other language other than Greek? If fragments found and believed to be from the Gospel of Mark dates back to the year 50AD and is scientifically verified, this will create yet another hurdle for the Gnostics, since none have been dated to that time, only believed, where other Gnostics writings don't even precede 200 AD.

The Gnostic Gospels are compared to New Testament Gospels. Where is the comparable narrative?? Where is the synoptic cohesion between various Gnostic gospels, let alone synopsis with the Old Testament for that matter? Talk about self righteous lol

12/3/2015 8:53:20 AM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
You been watching too many Dan Brown movies and History Channel, or taking too big a hit on your bong pipe lol Gnosticism may have very well preceded Christianity, but the earliest Christians did a thorough job of neutralizing the spread of perverted Gnostic heresies.

There are lots of holes in the arguments for the Gnostic Gospels being part of the Christian Bible. Just examine the authors of the Gnostics. Were they Jews, who converted to Christianity? Or were they Greeks who brought Gnostic attitudes and beliefs from their culture? Were al the Gospel of Matthew written in Greek? Are you sure of that? Iranaeus wrote in 180AD that Matthew also issued a copy of a written Gospel in a Hebrew dialect. How many writings in Nag Hammadi given to the Coptics were not translated from Greek? Where are any of the historical accounts referring to the Gnostics having been translated from from any other language other than Greek? If fragments found and believed to be from the Gospel of Mark dates back to the year 50AD and is scientifically verified, this will create yet another hurdle for the Gnostics, since none have been dated to that time, only believed, where other Gnostics writings don't even precede 200 AD.

The Gnostic Gospels are compared to New Testament Gospels. Where is the comparable narrative?? Where is the synoptic cohesion between various Gnostic gospels, let alone synopsis with the Old Testament for that matter? Talk about self righteous lol

That's the whole point . Its not a comparison , its an option . People should have the freedom to make their own choices . If people don't want a pompous organization running their lives , they should have the option to blaze their own path .

If the Christians are so sure of themselves , then why are they so afraid to allow some harmless competition ?

Because it was the harmless competition that forced them to make Jesus their poster boy , and totally rearrange everything they taught .

When Jesus was alive , he wasn't endorsing any organizations , he was blazing his own path , the organization was his nemesis . He wanted people to find god all by themselves .

12/3/2015 9:32:57 AM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from nonstandard:
That's the whole point . Its not a comparison , its an option . People should have the freedom to make their own choices . If people don't want a pompous organization running their lives , they should have the option to blaze their own path .

If the Christians are so sure of themselves , then why are they so afraid to allow some harmless competition ?

Because it was the harmless competition that forced them to make Jesus their poster boy , and totally rearrange everything they taught .

When Jesus was alive , he wasn't endorsing any organizations , he was blazing his own path , the organization was his nemesis . He wanted people to find god all by themselves .

No ones afraid of anything. If the Gnostics want to challenge historical facts, more power to them. Tell the Gnostic Biblical scholars who are soooo sure of their facts to step up to the plate. Let them put their academic credibility and reputations on the line to prove Gnosticism was somehow an integral component of Christianity that was removed by some unscrupulous gang of bishops. Why go to fiction writers and movie makers to make your case? Is it because you can sell books and movies and still be factually and historically wrong, whereas Biblical scholars who reject the Gnostic Gospels arent afforded that same luxury of error?

BS, Jesus did not want people to find God all by themselves. Why then were miracles necessary, for what? Furthermore, there would have been no point for him to become incarnate if that were the case, and even when he stood in their midst they still didn't find nor see God in front of them. This synthesizing of historical figures with heresy is every bit as dangerous and false now, as it was back then. And Christians should be on their guard when they come across it.

12/3/2015 10:33:12 AM The smoking gun  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
No ones afraid of anything. If the Gnostics want to challenge historical facts, more power to them. Tell the Gnostic Biblical scholars who are soooo sure of their facts to step up to the plate. Let them put their academic credibility and reputations on the line to prove Gnosticism was somehow an integral component of Christianity that was removed by some unscrupulous gang of bishops. Why go to fiction writers and movie makers to make your case? Is it because you can sell books and movies and still be factually and historically wrong, whereas Biblical scholars who reject the Gnostic Gospels arent afforded that same luxury of error?

BS, Jesus did not want people to find God all by themselves. Why then were miracles necessary, for what? Furthermore, there would have been no point for him to become incarnate if that were the case, and even when he stood in their midst they still didn't find nor see God in front of them. This synthesizing of historical figures with heresy is every bit as dangerous and false now, as it was back then. And Christians should be on their guard when they come across it.

Really ? You sound like you're crying .

12/3/2015 5:32:39 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from nonstandard:
Really ? You sound like you're crying .

You sound like you soiled your diaper, because I ragged on the characters of your favorite movie lol

12/3/2015 6:11:46 PM The smoking gun  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

"Thoms’s Jesus directs each disciple to discover the light within ("within a person of light there is light"); but John’s Jesus declares instead that "I am the light of the world" and that "whosoever does not come to me walks in darkness." In Thomas, Jesus reveals to the disciples that "you are from the kingdom, and to it you shall return" and teaches them to say for themselves that "we come from the light"; but John’s Jesus speaks as the only one who comes "from above" and so has rightful priority over everyone else: "
You are from below; I am from above . . . . The one who comes from above is above all."

Pagels

Institutional Christianity cannot bear the thought of Jesus instructing his disciples that they can do everything he did, and that they are like him. It means loosing authority and control over the mind and spirituality of the faithful.

That's why they threw out the Gospel of Thomas

12/3/2015 6:46:11 PM The smoking gun  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from asanb:
Institutional Christianity cannot bear the thought of Jesus instructing his disciples that they can do everything he did, and that they are like him. It means loosing authority and control over the mind and spirituality of the faithful.

It is also in the christian bible:

John 14:12

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I yam going to the Father.

Peace

[Edited 12/3/2015 6:46:37 PM ]

12/3/2015 6:54:03 PM The smoking gun  

blake6972
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (21,695)
Bunker Hill, WV
43, joined Jul. 2013

Quote from aphrodisianus:
Any words from God always comes from the words of humans because only humans write this shit. God is just a puppet, a projection of deranged minds avoiding personal responsibility. This makes them intellectually infantile and lacking integrity.

Wow Mr fake profile. You seem to have very intense homosexual desires.

Pay less attention to the spinach BOY,(and boys) and more towards the women you spineless jackass.

Look at me and my dumbass fake profile spouting out nonsense as usual, because I'm ANGRY at a God I do not believe in.

Jackass...

12/3/2015 7:18:41 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from asanb:

Rubbish to you know-it-all Gnew Agers. Your Gnostic ancestors were rightly expelled by the very authority you so despise. Your devotion isn't at all to the Lord Jesus Christ that you blaspheme with this Babylonian inspired babble, but rather yourselves and the infinite levels of universes you're lost in that compels you to chose your pride and disobedience in understanding divinely revealed truths. The only thing remotely Gnostic and New Age about St. Thomas, was that he doubted Jesus was God

12/3/2015 7:31:08 PM The smoking gun  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from sail_dancer:
t is also in the christian bible:

John 14:12

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I yam going to the Father.

Well this is a treat, we have you reading the Bible. Now read it aloud. Meditate if that makes things easier. You actually heard with your own voice the very words that came out of the mouth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ nearly 2000 years ago. I'm amazed, aren't you?

12/3/2015 7:44:55 PM The smoking gun  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012
online now!

Quote from paulrxp:
Rubbish to you know-it-all Gnew Agers. Your Gnostic ancestors were rightly expelled by the very authority you so despise. Your devotion isn't at all to the Lord Jesus Christ that you blaspheme with this Babylonian inspired babble, but rather yourselves and the infinite levels of universes you're lost in that compels you to chose your pride and disobedience in understanding divinely revealed truths. The only thing remotely Gnostic and New Age about St. Thomas, was that he doubted Jesus was God

You know it all becomes simple: you say you have to believe this and that and that there are all these rules and supplication to Jesus.
The mystics say that if you sit quietly, close your eyes, and focus on the darkness in front of you, sincerely and with intent and focus; that the darkness begins to become light, and that if you follow that light it takes you...... to where the holy books speak of.

try it. then tell me I'm damned.