Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

usa hookup com

Curtn is the new dating app for those of us who crave authenticity with online dating. asian dating phoenix As opposed to other dating apps, Beautiful dating app will not price you a penny. The major day comes when you have a finished item prepared to be released to your eager user base who can not wait to meet the match of their dreams utilizing your dating app. russian girls brooklyn The large pool could even undermine achievement due to the fact people today overly objectify prospects or turn out to be overwhelmed by option.

any good hookup sites

Or you May perhaps submit your ahead of the @ event and if IT makes us laugh we will study it on the show, share it on our Instagram and IT could even make it the next volume of our book or on the web beneath type of animation. women seeking men chicago Ashton and Matt met on Bumble in October 2017. This does not necessarily imply you will be eligible for benefits all 52 weeks, which depends on your individual situation. how to get sex in mumbai It organizes the public into nine distinct groups, based on an analysis of their attitudes and values.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/28/2015 1:00:30 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,441)
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

I guess the frustration comes when I ask Christians who espouse the fact that they are saved by virtue of their relationship with Jesus: Please describe this relationship.
I never get a straight answer. I get Scriptural quotes, I get buzz words like "holy Spirit", or anointed, or some other vague reference to a blessing, usually no answer at all.

Given the oft stated import of that relationship as the foundation of SALVATION:
Why is it so hard to describe?

How about a simple explanation of your relationship that doesn't look, feel and act like one with an imaginary friend from a book?

The world is full of books and institutions that give lots of helpful advise on how to be moral, ethical, and have a fulfilling life. Some of them are religions. So it isn't about the Bible specifying the path to a right life, you have those instructions in droves from many other religions. Morals and ethics are universal, even for the non religious.

But for Christians, it's about this magic Jesus thing, and nobody can make a no baloney statement of the reality of it.

Show me the money.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/28/2015 1:04:21 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from asanb:
I guess the frustration comes when I ask Christians who espouse the fact that they are saved by virtue of their relationship with Jesus: Please describe this relationship.
I never get a straight answer. I get Scriptural quotes, I get buzz words like "holy Spirit", or anointed, or some other vague reference to a blessing, usually no answer at all.

Given the oft stated import of that relationship as the foundation of SALVATION:
Why is it so hard to describe?

How about a simple explanation of your relationship that doesn't look, feel and act like one with an imaginary friend from a book?

The world is full of books and institutions that give lots of helpful advise on how to be moral, ethical, and have a fulfilling life. Some of them are religions. So it isn't about the Bible specifying the path to a right life, you have those instructions in droves from many other religions. Morals and ethics are universal, even for the non religious.

But for Christians, it's about this magic Jesus thing, and nobody can make a no baloney statement of the reality of it.

Show me the money.

You've received an explanation from me however it was received with a stiffnecked respsonse.

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

11/28/2015 1:04:57 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
m_gonzales
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,241)
San Antonio, TX
25, joined Sep. 2012

My relationship with Jesus? We're just friends, I swear...

11/28/2015 1:55:14 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from FOGenigma:
You've received an explanation from me however it was received with a stiffnecked respsonse.

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
no, I didn't you sidestepped

11/28/2015 3:12:48 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from FOGenigma:

and

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Be a child or grow up. You can't do either. Children are innocent and you're not. Adults are responsible and you're not.

11/28/2015 3:34:56 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Pretty simple for me. It s loving relationship. Sometimes it amazes me how it works its like when I'm faced with a problem or need an answer to a question I'm trouble over. The answer just seems to show up sometimes in the appearance of a teacher, or sometimes as just a revelation. Or the solution to problem is offered from a friend or a stranger without me asking.
When I'm feeling troubled by life's many challenges, I always hear his voice saying to me "Trust in me to guide you; my beloved. All will work out well, do not fret." And I know its not my mind playing tricks on me, mainly because of the words used. Sometimes when I talk with him (yes yammy, that voice in my head) the words he uses I don't understand and have to google to find their meaning later.
Their are times I feel his presence so strongly I can smell the scent of roses, and sage in the air around me, and a feeling of love so intense it feels like your heart could burst from it fills me. Such a warm feeling comes over your whole body its hard to explain. But its so peaceful and freeing.
I had this experience for the first time about 5 years ago. I was going threw a very rough time in my life and it happened while I was laying in the bathtub with a washcloth over head trying to shut out the world. I thought I was loosing my mind at first and afterwords I started doubting what I experienced. Then a year later it happened again this time while I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. It use to be that it I could only hear him in times when my mind was still, and I was alone.
But then it started happening more and more, and sometimes his voice would be so faint, I'd have to struggle to hear. He told me that when my mind and heart were filled with negative though and emotion such as anger, worry, anxiety, it would made it harder for the vibration of his voice to come through the veil. That I needed to strive for balance in all emotions, which wasn't and isn't as easy as it sounds to do. I'm still struggling to master that. I have noticed that when I am really angry or frustrated, or emotional I can't hear him at all.

People hesitate to share these types of experiences. Mainly because they open themselves up to be ridiculed. And it is a very emotional experience, a very moving one, and when they first start happening you do question if its real yourself. Putting it all out there too be picked apart isn't easy.

11/28/2015 5:08:38 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

Stillherehaha
AnchorenaQueensland
Australia
68, joined Jun. 2015
online now!

Compass----teacher of Compassion

Song In The Garden gospel song
song --I can Only Imagine by Mercy Me

Knowing that in times of greatest need Jesus sends a comforter-----
Could be a stranger who gets you where you need to be----

and you think the odds of that happening was a million to one.

Also allowing you to get it wrong --Experience
So you won't repeat the conduct ever again

11/28/2015 6:14:52 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,617)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

I would say a personal relationship with Jesus consists of having a prayer life with Jesus, and loving Hom above all else, and adoring and receiving His Body and Blood in Holy Communion.

11/28/2015 6:19:29 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from irishrose0906:
Pretty simple for me. It s loving relationship. Sometimes it amazes me how it works its like when I'm faced with a problem or need an answer to a question I'm trouble over. The answer just seems to show up sometimes in the appearance of a teacher, or sometimes as just a revelation. Or the solution to problem is offered from a friend or a stranger without me asking.
When I'm feeling troubled by life's many challenges, I always hear his voice saying to me "Trust in me to guide you; my beloved. All will work out well, do not fret." And I know its not my mind playing tricks on me, mainly because of the words used. Sometimes when I talk with him (yes yammy, that voice in my head) the words he uses I don't understand and have to google to find their meaning later.
Their are times I feel his presence so strongly I can smell the scent of roses, and sage in the air around me, and a feeling of love so intense it feels like your heart could burst from it fills me. Such a warm feeling comes over your whole body its hard to explain. But its so peaceful and freeing.
I had this experience for the first time about 5 years ago. I was going threw a very rough time in my life and it happened while I was laying in the bathtub with a washcloth over head trying to shut out the world. I thought I was loosing my mind at first and afterwords I started doubting what I experienced. Then a year later it happened again this time while I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. It use to be that it I could only hear him in times when my mind was still, and I was alone.
But then it started happening more and more, and sometimes his voice would be so faint, I'd have to struggle to hear. He told me that when my mind and heart were filled with negative though and emotion such as anger, worry, anxiety, it would made it harder for the vibration of his voice to come through the veil. That I needed to strive for balance in all emotions, which wasn't and isn't as easy as it sounds to do. I'm still struggling to master that. I have noticed that when I am really angry or frustrated, or emotional I can't hear him at all.

People hesitate to share these types of experiences. Mainly because they open themselves up to be ridiculed. And it is a very emotional experience, a very moving one, and when they first start happening you do question if its real yourself. Putting it all out there too be picked apart isn't easy.

You should see a mental health professional. Auditory hallucinations can be controlled with proper medication. You've provided the evidence that your religiosity is based on psychotic experiences, emotional trauma and just plain superstition. Perhaps you're not willing to admit you have one or more family members who have schizophrenia.

11/28/2015 6:21:04 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I would say a personal relationship with Jesus consists of having a prayer life with Jesus, and loving Hom above all else, and adoring and receiving His Body and Blood in Holy Communion.

Another example of hyper-religiosity mental illness.

11/28/2015 9:36:29 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from aphrodisianus:
Another example of hyper-religiosity mental illness.

You remind me of someone who sits in a dimly lit room by themselve, all grouchy and what not.

11/28/2015 9:54:37 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,194)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from FOGenigma:
You remind me of someone who sits in a dimly lit room by themselve, all grouchy and what not.

Yamster suffers from antisocial personality disorder.......sail does also.

11/29/2015 6:05:01 AM Your relationship with Jesus  
mrhankchinaski
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,449)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014
online now!

I have a relationship with the idea of Christ.

The teachings attributed to him.

Also the mythology and iconography and the catholic ritual surrounding this legend.

I find the metaphorical meanings of these things to be very enriching.

Like Buddha.

Like Walt Whitman.

Like Rock and Roll.

Like The Founding Farthers.

[Edited 11/29/2015 6:05:42 AM ]

11/29/2015 10:20:11 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from irishrose0906:

Thank you for having the courage to make an honest answer

11/29/2015 10:22:52 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Yes, but what is YOUR relationship with Him? How do you describe that?

11/29/2015 11:02:17 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from asanb:
Thank you for having the courage to make an honest answer

I thank her too because few are willing to admit publicly they are having emotional trauma with hallucinations. But it also takes courage to seek out help. Will she?

11/29/2015 5:43:28 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

I thank her too because few are willing to admit publicly they are having emotional trauma with hallucinations. But it also takes courage to seek out help. Will she?

Why take issue with the poster? Please take issue with the post. what did she say that you disagree with.

11/29/2015 5:56:49 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from asanb:
Why take issue with the poster?
The issue with the poster is her mental condition. The poster has personally admitted to having hallucinations and emotional trauma. It's a psychiatric condition.

Please take issue with the post. what did she say that you disagree with.
Read it again. She is talking about herself. You can't separate a post from the poster when it's biographical.

11/29/2015 6:16:56 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,583)
Seattle, WA
60, joined Dec. 2014

J have a great relationship with jesus, he does my grounds, I pay him.
He gets help from Manual and Angel.

11/29/2015 6:20:00 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,087)
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Read it again. She is talking about herself. You can't separate a post from the poster when it's biographical.

Yes!

I happen to really like irishrose based on her posting history ..... but ..... anyone that hears voices talking to them in their head should be concerned and seek professional help.

I am in no way posting to attack irishrose ..... I am merely concerned for her well being.

Peace

11/29/2015 7:44:34 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

It's a cry for help. Unfortunately for her the religious loons on these forums and in her life would display predictable behavior to reinforce a vulnerable person's delusions and prove that psychosis is a foundation for religiosity. These are sick psychopaths who would do anything possible to make someone having hallucinations to avoid treatment.

11/29/2015 9:13:52 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,194)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from ron6280a:
Yamster suffers from antisocial personality disorder.......sail does also.

11/30/2015 3:59:46 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

@ ron6280a:

So, Ron ..... do you think it is normal for a person to hear voices talking to him/her in their head?

Do you hear your god speaking to you in your head?

Peace

11/30/2015 6:39:10 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

The religious loon believes someone hearing "God" talking to them has a gift. Of course some other voice is seen as demonic. This is why psychosis played a role in religious history. In religious history, voices in the head is not just common but venerated. Schizophrenia and schizotypal disorders are valuable mental conditions.

Of course hallucinations can happen from other conditions too such as from drugs, sleep deprivation, fasting, certain kinds of vitamin deficiencies, sleep disorders, etc. These are all conditions religion depends on to create myth, fantasy and delusion.

11/30/2015 10:14:07 AM Your relationship with Jesus  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

The religious loon believes someone hearing "God" talking to them has a gift. Of course some other voice is seen as demonic. This is why psychosis played a role in religious history. In religious history, voices in the head is not just common but venerated. Schizophrenia and schizotypal disorders are valuable mental conditions.

Of course hallucinations can happen from other conditions too such as from drugs, sleep deprivation, fasting, certain kinds of vitamin deficiencies, sleep disorders, etc. These are all conditions religion depends on to create myth, fantasy and delusion.

Aphro & sail...it isnt worth while addressing you guys but the only reason you all make your ignorant comments is hatred. You can not stand the fact of acknowledging God because then you must acknowledge His divine will and moral code thereby making you aware of those things you enjoy but are sinful. You raction to Christianity is demonstrative in the sense that you are clearly resentful toward God.

11/30/2015 6:14:33 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from FOGenigma:
Aphro & sail...it isnt worth while addressing you guys but the only reason you all make your ignorant comments is hatred. You can not stand the fact of acknowledging God because then you must acknowledge His divine will and moral code thereby making you aware of those things you enjoy but are sinful. You raction to Christianity is demonstrative in the sense that you are clearly resentful toward God.

The result of your intellectual deficits is to make ignorant comments based on self-hatred. You can not stand the fact of acknowledging your own mental illness may require seeing a psychiatrist. You would have to acknowledge you are mentally ill and need help. Your obsessive compulsive addiction superstition is demonstrative of a clearly disturbed mind.

11/30/2015 6:31:15 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from FOGenigma:

There is no hatred in me ..... I am just informing people of the ills and dangers of christian dogma.

You obviously cannot rebut my claims ..... so you accuse me of hatred.

If you wish to find hatred ..... simply look into the religious who worship the invisible desert god of Abraham.

Peace

11/30/2015 6:52:26 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

The ills and dangers of Christianity is obvious. It's immoral system that undermines the human spirit. But that's not the only issue. Christians worship malfunctions of the mind and brain as methods of knowing their imaginary god. Delusions, hallucinations, convulsions, and demented logic. When Christians are babbling in glossolalia they are being honest about what is going on in their brain.

[Edited 11/30/2015 6:53:33 PM ]

11/30/2015 8:03:34 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

The ills and dangers of Christianity is obvious. It's immoral system that undermines the human spirit. But that's not the only issue. Christians worship malfunctions of the mind and brain as methods of knowing their imaginary god. Delusions, hallucinations, convulsions, and demented logic. When Christians are babbling in glossolalia they are being honest about what is going on in their brain.

Are you the product of State Institutions closing down and sending their residents into the streets?

12/1/2015 2:59:49 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

So the same must be true for the Lakota guy who goes up the mountain for a vision quest.
and the dervish who dances his joy.
You paint condemnation with a broad brush.

12/1/2015 6:31:27 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from asanb:
So the same must be true for the Lakota guy who goes up the mountain for a vision quest.

He is likely using drugs, fasting, snake bite venom that would induce hallucination.

and the dervish who dances his joy.
Spinning around in circles has an effect on the cochlea fluids to make them dizzy. Even little kids do this to make themselves feel good. Very often we see mentally disabled people rocking back and forth.

You paint condemnation with a broad brush.
Because you lack that knowledge of the workings of the mind, and what psychiatric, neurological and/or psychological pathology is. You wouldn't know how the mind produces these bizarre experiences and how the mind processes those experiences.

12/6/2015 5:54:59 AM Your relationship with Jesus  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,194)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from sail_dancer:
@ ron6280a:

Do you hear your god speaking to you in your head?

Peace

Yes and he told me you smuggle Cubans into Florida on your boat.

Get me some cigars from Castro's private stash and I won't report your ass.

12/7/2015 4:15:50 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ron6280a:
Yes and he told me you smuggle Cubans into Florida on your boat.

Get me some cigars from Castro's private stash and I won't report your ass.

Do you initiate these conversations with your god ..... or ..... does your god initiate them?

Is this communication only vocal or do you actually see your god during these conversations?

These are very important questions ..... they will help to uncover the extent of your mental problem.

Peace

12/7/2015 5:04:23 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from asanb:

He is likely using drugs, fasting, snake bite venom that would induce hallucination.

Do you know anyone who has done Hanblacia? I do, and the use of any artificial "enhancements" . isn't allowed. You are dead wrong on this one.

12/7/2015 8:38:59 PM Your relationship with Jesus  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,194)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from sail_dancer:

Do you initiate these conversations with your god ..... or ..... does your god initiate them?

Is this communication only vocal or do you actually see your god during these conversations?

Peace

We both initiate the interaction. It's auditory and visual.

12/8/2015 4:30:38 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ron6280a:
We both initiate the interaction. It's auditory and visual.

That's great! Next time you two talk ..... invite him to join us in the forum ..... I have many questions I would like to ask him.

Peace

12/8/2015 8:21:23 AM Your relationship with Jesus  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,194)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from sail_dancer:
That's great! Next time you two talk ..... invite him to join us in the forum ..... I have many questions I would like to ask him.

Peace

I passed on your request to god. He laughed and said " sail is a pissant ".

12/8/2015 8:36:25 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ron6280a:
I passed on your request to god. He laughed and said " sail is a pissant ".

Hey! ..... I exist ..... he has yet to show himself.

Peace

12/8/2015 10:18:29 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,309)
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:
Hey! ..... I exist ..... he has yet to show himself.

Peace

God is a universal Spirit and He will show himself when you die and stand in judgment.

12/8/2015 10:34:53 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,772)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

I have no relationship with Jesus , The man that was , is not here today .

All that I have is stories , stories told , and stories understood .

Every living soul , walks in his steps , but not every soul , can see what he saw .

12/8/2015 10:43:50 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from kb2222:
God is a universal Spirit and He will show himself when you die and stand in judgment.

Peace

12/8/2015 10:57:09 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Nonstandard, why do you say "I have no relationship with Jesus"? If you do not have a relationship how can anyone claim to "see what he saw"? Yes, Jesus of Nazareth is no longer personally in this world but His "replacement teacher" the Holy Spirit of Truth, the Spirit of the Son surely is and to the degree you have an abiding relationship with this Holy Spirit you indeed have a relationship with Jesus.

God isn't a person as you understand the meaning of the word but God is nevertheless a personality. Indeed, God "is" personality.

FYI:

1:5.12 (29.2) In the contemplation of Deity, the concept of personality must be divested of the idea of corporeality. A material body is not indispensable to personality in either man or God. The corporeality error is shown in both extremes of human philosophy. In materialism, since man loses his body at death, he ceases to exist as a personality; in pantheism, since God has no body, he is not, therefore, a person. The superhuman type of progressing personality functions in a union of mind and spirit.

1:5.13 (29.3) Personality is not simply an attribute of God; it rather stands for the totality of the co-ordinated infinite nature and the unified divine will which is exhibited in eternity and universality of perfect expression. Personality, in the supreme sense, is the revelation of God to the universe of universes.

1:5.14 (29.4) God, being eternal, universal, absolute, and infinite, does not grow in knowledge nor increase in wisdom. God does not acquire experience, as finite man might conjecture or comprehend, but he does, within the realms of his own eternal personality, enjoy those continuous expansions of self-realization which are in certain ways comparable to, and analogous with, the acquirement of new experience by the finite creatures of the evolutionary worlds.

1:5.15 (29.5) The absolute perfection of the infinite God would cause him to suffer the awful limitations of unqualified finality of perfectness were it not a fact that the Universal Father directly participates in the personality struggle of every imperfect soul in the wide universe who seeks, by divine aid, to ascend to the spiritually perfect worlds on high. This progressive experience of every spirit being and every mortal creature throughout the universe of universes is a part of the Father’s ever-expanding Deity-consciousness of the never-ending divine circle of ceaseless self-realization.

1:6.8 (30.7) God is spirit — spirit personality; man is also a spirit — potential spirit personality. Jesus of Nazareth attained the full realization of this potential of spirit personality in human experience; therefore his life of achieving the Father’s will becomes man’s most real and ideal revelation of the personality of God. Even though the personality of the Universal Father can be grasped only in actual religious experience, in Jesus’ earth life we are inspired by the perfect demonstration of such a realization and revelation of the personality of God in a truly human experience.

1:7.1 (31.1) When Jesus talked about “the living God,” he referred to a personal Deity — the Father in heaven. The concept of the personality of Deity facilitates fellowship; it favors intelligent worship; it promotes refreshing trustfulness. Interactions can be had between nonpersonal things, but not fellowship. The fellowship relation of father and son, as between God and man, cannot be enjoyed unless both are persons. Only personalities can commune with each other, albeit this personal communion may be greatly facilitated by the presence of just such an impersonal entity as the Thought Adjuster.

1:7.2 (31.2) Man does not achieve union with God as a drop of water might find unity with the ocean. Man attains divine union by progressive reciprocal spiritual communion, by personality intercourse with the personal God, by increasingly attaining the divine nature through wholehearted and intelligent conformity to the divine will. Such a sublime relationship can exist only between personalities.

12/8/2015 10:58:44 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Sail, is this life the only life you desire to experience?

12/8/2015 11:04:59 AM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from kb2222:
Sail, is this life the only life you desire to experience?

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be.

Peace

12/8/2015 12:56:32 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Frankly, sail, you are a egotistical fool. "What will be, will be" depends largely on what one desires - and only a fool looks forward to staying permanently in the grave.

12/8/2015 1:06:26 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from kb2222:
Frankly, sail, you are a egotistical fool. "What will be, will be" depends largely on what one desires - and only a fool looks forward to staying permanently in the grave.

Wrong again!

Whatever one desires is meaningless ..... but what will be ..... will be.

Peace

12/8/2015 1:53:04 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:
Whatever one desires is meaningless .....

What a fool you are to spew out such nonsense. What you desire determines what you do, what you become, where you go, and what you do when you get there, and only a fool has a desire to stay in the grave. If you want to continue to be the egotistical fool that you are no one is going to stop you.

You have a screw lose. If you have no desire for life after death, if you are so anti-God, why are you so mockingly antagonistic to those who do believe in God? Go off on your sailboat and enjoy yourself while you can if this is the only life you desire to live.

Why waste it here trying to show everyone how smart you are to reject God's promise of life after death for those who seek Him when such a "choice" is self-destructive foolishness?

[Edited 12/8/2015 1:55:59 PM ]

12/8/2015 2:09:37 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from kb2222:
What a fool you are to spew out such nonsense. What you desire determines what you do, what you become, where you go, and what you do when you get there, and only a fool has a desire to stay in the grave. If you want to continue to be the egotistical fool that you are no one is going to stop you.

You have a screw lose. If you have no desire for life after death, if you are so anti-God, why are you so mockingly antagonistic to those who do believe in God? Go off on your sailboat and enjoy yourself while you can if this is the only life you desire to live.

Why waste it here trying to show everyone how smart you are to reject God's promise of life after death for those who seek Him when such a "choice" is self-destructive foolishness?

You are an idiot, kb!

Just because you desire something ..... does not guarantee that it will actually come to pass. So ..... the bottom line is ..... what will be ..... will be!

Peace

12/8/2015 2:22:23 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:
Just because you desire something ..... does not guarantee that it will actually come to pass. So ..... the bottom line is ..... what will be ..... will be!

Peace

If you desire to mock and have no belief, love or faith in God unless you have some sort of guarantee you are simply egotistically and spiritually NUTS.

12/8/2015 2:26:06 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from kb2222:
If you desire to mock and have no belief, love or faith in God unless you have some sort of guarantee you are simply egotistically and spiritually NUTS.

Are you speaking of the invisible violent desert god of Abraham who is described in the christian bible? ..... or the other science fiction version of it?

You are a delusional old fool.

Peace

12/8/2015 3:11:52 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:
Are you speaking of the invisible violent desert god of Abraham who is described in the christian bible? ..... or the other science fiction version of it?

You are a delusional old fool.

Peace

I am speaking of the loving and caring God that Jesus revealed to the world and if you care not for the things of God why are you here mocking and attacking those who do? If you have no desire for life after death that's alright with me.

[Edited 12/8/2015 3:12:54 PM ]

12/8/2015 3:23:53 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from kb2222:

why are you here mocking and attacking those who do?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because you teach a dangerous ..... toxic dogma ..... that has ruined humankind development.

You live in a delusion ..... and insist that all people should also.

Stop preaching these fantasies and myths as if they were truths and I will stop mocking and attacking you.

Its as easy as that.

Peace

12/8/2015 3:42:54 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Jesus did not teach any "dangerous or toxic dogma." You are a fool who doesn't know what you are talking about. If you have no desire for life after death that's alright with me.

12/8/2015 3:53:28 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (148,104)
Assumption, IL
66, joined May. 2010

Quote from kb2222:
Jesus did not teach any "dangerous or toxic dogma." You are a fool who doesn't know what you are talking about. If you have no desire for life after death that's alright with me.

KB you style yourself as a Christian. How many of your 70 odd years have you professed that claim?

No Christian would say what you did in the above quote even to an infidel, sir.

Where is your Christian compassion?

12/8/2015 3:59:43 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

12/8/2015 4:05:54 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from cupocheer:
KB you style yourself as a Christian. How many of your 70 odd years have you professed that claim?

No Christian would say what you did in the above quote even to an infidel, sir.

Where is your Christian compassion?

Why do you think I should have compassion for an egotistical idiot/atheist who mocks those who believe in God?

12/8/2015 5:46:06 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
Why do you think I should have compassion for an egotistical idiot/atheist who mocks those who believe in God?

KB, throughout this thread you have contributed very little substantive discussion and a lot of name calling. please speak to relationships with jesus and leave the personal stuff out.

12/8/2015 6:52:46 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb:
KB, throughout this thread you have contributed very little substantive discussion and a lot of name calling. please speak to relationships with jesus and leave the personal stuff out.

There has been "very little substantive discussion" from me on this thread because the posters who are mostly atheists are afraid to truthfully answer a yes or no question. Why did you start this thread anyway, asanb? You have no relationship with Jesus and you don't even believe God is a personality? You believe God is an "impersonal it" a "force or energy" that doesn't care what anyone does in this life and with this belief of yours it appears this thread is just your attempt to belittle Christian faith.

12/8/2015 8:02:36 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
There has been "very little substantive discussion" from me on this thread because the posters who are mostly atheists are afraid to truthfully answer a yes or no question. Why did you start this thread anyway, asanb? You have no relationship with Jesus and you don't even believe God is a personality? You believe God is an "impersonal it" a "force or energy" that doesn't care what anyone does in this life and with this belief of yours it appears this thread is just your attempt to belittle Christian faith.

I'm sorry if I sometimes act like the boy who says "the emperor has no clothes". I am very much and sincerely convinced that Christians who shout their truth from the roof tops are somehow compensating for a lack of truthful and substantial foundation in the relationship with Jesus that they hold to be the foundation of personal salvation.
You, KB, are a case in point of overcompensating the doctrine of Urantia. Not because of an absolute faith in it's truth, but because you doubt it in your core, and desperately need agreement about Jesus presence because you can't feel it or see it and you have gnawing doubts.
I think that most Christians don't have the spiritual sincerity to have anything at all to proselytize; no internal connection, no reality of relationship. So they desperately explore the question by making overtly strenuous arguments of how Jesus is a reality in their lives, only because they desperately want it to be true, and cannot find it within themselves.

Tell me about your relationship with Jesus, KB, and don't bullshit with biblical quotes.

12/8/2015 8:17:24 PM Your relationship with Jesus  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb: I'm sorry if I sometimes act like the boy who says "the emperor has no clothes". I am very much and sincerely convinced that Christians who shout their truth from the roof tops are somehow compensating for a lack of truthful and substantial foundation in the relationship with Jesus that they hold to be the foundation of personal salvation.
You, KB, are a case in point of overcompensating the doctrine of Urantia. Not because of an absolute faith in it's truth, but because you doubt it in your core, and desperately need agreement about Jesus presence because you can't feel it or see it and you have gnawing doubts.
I think that most Christians don't have the spiritual sincerity to have anything at all to proselytize; no internal connection, no reality of relationship. So they desperately explore the question by making overtly strenuous arguments of how Jesus is a reality in their lives, only because they desperately want it to be true, and cannot find it within themselves.

Tell me about your relationship with Jesus, KB, and don't bullshit with biblical quotes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, this post of yours sure makes it clear that I was right when I said..."it appears this thread is just your attempt to belittle Christian faith."

With your belief that God is an "impersonal IT" a "force or energy" that "doesn't care what anyone in this life does" there is no point in telling you about my relationship with God/Jesus as you surely will reject anything I might say. But I will tell you one great truth, asanb; God is a transcendent reality - and it does matter what we do in this life.