Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelight hookup

ie, now recognized as , for a handful of years and then stopped as nothing at all was taking place. craigslist naples florida personals I when went on a date with a guy who told me that Australian females are lazy . 80% of matches were single foreign girls. my locanto account After looking for much more clues, she located his Facebook profile.

is hookup finder real

five billion. chat line augusta ga She decided to meet up with this particular person for a date on a Rogers Park beach. Good to know that I m not alone as I have seasoned so several negative dates. omegle dark mode If you are pairing up with a person you already know, there s nevertheless tremendous worth in operating by way of the queries ahead of taking the leap.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/29/2015 9:56:06 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

Salvation is very simple...perhaps too simple for many. Salvation has nothing to do with you apart from your willingness to accept the gift of God in faith.

You cant be good enough, do enough, live good enough, be smart enough, or do anything to contribute to salvation. Salvation is from God alone, by His grace and no one or nothing else.

Salvation doesnt require a magic formula or anything other than your belief and acceptance in Jesus Christ, born of a virgin without sin. Jesus Christ, the pure Lamb of God, came as the only acceptable atonement for our sins to appease righteous God. Jesus Christ was tortured for all mankind and crucified, shedding His pure blood to cover our sins. The third day Christ Jesus rose from the grave of His own power gives all His children enternal life.

Before you mock this..meditate on this Truth. One day, until Christ returns, all mankind will face death, the last breath. Will we enter life enternal prepared for Heaven or Hell? Sarcasism, pride, arrogance, and rejection of Christ wont help anyone. Christ is the sole way to enter Heaven. Death has no tolerance for opinions.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/29/2015 10:03:27 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
m_gonzales
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,226)
San Antonio, TX
25, joined Sep. 2012

"Pray to Me, and repent. You shall receive my loving salvation."

"Salvation from what?"

"From what I'm going to do to you if you don't repent you little shit!"

11/29/2015 10:31:19 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from m_gonzales:

"Salvation from what?"

That is not at all God's character. If you believe that though it makes you even a bigger fool for rejecting Him.

11/29/2015 10:51:59 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,408)
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

"Christ tells us, "If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." The Light of God is within each one of us and so is the "single eye." But how to develop the single eye and how to witness the Light of God is the problem within us, and none can solve these problems for us but a living competent Master who, like Christ, has had an actual living experience of them in his own person and makes it manifest to us by means of actual experience."
" This Divine Link is in every heart. With that we have to establish contact - a real and living contact. But how? You can find it by transcending physical consciousness. The Bible says; "The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us." One who is Word personified will naturally be able to join you with the Word within. That Power ever abides in us. It is the Bread of Life,. and verily we live by it, though we have never recognized it. Christ tells us, "Whosoever partaketh of this bread will have everlasting life." He never meant his body but the Word personified and within him. It is often described by the sages as the Water of Life. Christ says, "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."
But how to get this Bread of Life or Water of Life, that bestows life everlasting? How to sip this elixir? All the scriptures tell us in one voice that it can be had from a living Saint who is an embodiment of this active life principle. It will not cost you anything, not a farthing. It is as much a gift of nature as light, air and water. This experience of Truth you can get through the grace of a living Master, competent enough to contact you with the Divine Link within.
What is this experience like? The Bible says: "If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." And further it says: "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." That shows there is some experience of light within."

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/natural.htm

11/29/2015 10:56:10 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,942)
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from m_gonzales:

"Salvation from what?"

I have to agree with you on this one.

Peace

11/29/2015 10:56:45 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,213)
Tikrit
Iraq
57, joined May. 2011

Salvation for the Israelites consisted of possession of the land, freedom from foreign oppression, freedom from famine, disease and poverty, long life and many sons. All the things that most people living in the US already have nowadays. The Israelites didn't expect to live forever like modern Christians do. The idea of a physical resurrection was invented in the Hellenistic period as a way by which Jewish martyrs could be rewarded for their sacrifices.

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:2)

The Jews didn't believe that people go to heaven. The resurrection at the end of time would be a physical reanimation that would take place on Earth. Heaven is where God and his angels live.

[Edited 11/29/2015 10:57:28 AM ]

11/29/2015 10:59:35 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,011)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from FOGenigma:
Salvation is very simple...perhaps too simple for many. Salvation has nothing to do with you apart from your willingness to accept the gift of God in faith.

What's saving you from a life of ignorant superstition? There are three cases.
1) You're ignorant
2) You're mentally disturbed.
3) You're both and this is most likely.

11/29/2015 1:58:10 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

"Salvation doesnt require a magic formula or anything other than your belief and acceptance in Jesus Christ, born of a virgin without sin"

No, you have to transplant your being into the next world while living, through a process of inversion, or be reborn again as a human being. Believing alone doesn't do anything, because belief lives in the mind, and the mind dies with the body.

11/29/2015 2:29:06 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,011)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

His mind has died long ago.

11/29/2015 2:34:24 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from asanb:
"Christ tells us, "If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." The Light of God is within each one of us and so is the "single eye." But how to develop the single eye and how to witness the Light of God is the problem within us, and none can solve these problems for us but a living competent Master who, like Christ, has had an actual living experience of them in his own person and makes it manifest to us by means of actual experience."
" This Divine Link is in every heart. With that we have to establish contact - a real and living contact. But how? You can find it by transcending physical consciousness. The Bible says; "The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us." One who is Word personified will naturally be able to join you with the Word within. That Power ever abides in us. It is the Bread of Life,. and verily we live by it, though we have never recognized it. Christ tells us, "Whosoever partaketh of this bread will have everlasting life." He never meant his body but the Word personified and within him. It is often described by the sages as the Water of Life. Christ says, "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."
But how to get this Bread of Life or Water of Life, that bestows life everlasting? How to sip this elixir? All the scriptures tell us in one voice that it can be had from a living Saint who is an embodiment of this active life principle. It will not cost you anything, not a farthing. It is as much a gift of nature as light, air and water. This experience of Truth you can get through the grace of a living Master, competent enough to contact you with the Divine Link within.
What is this experience like? The Bible says: "If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." And further it says: "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." That shows there is some experience of light within."

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/natural.htm

Asnab...
Why are telling people what you say Jesus said if you dont even believe Him?

11/29/2015 3:28:38 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from FOGenigma:
Asnab...

I believe that Jesus was the savior OF HIS TIME, and that Christ lived on in many persons and places since then. You hold that Only Jesus is the way, and that is wrong. The word has been made flesh many times, and the embodiment of Christ has seen the works of religion, even the one founded in his name, and speaks against the abuse and ignorance.
Christianity asks that you accept the promise of heaven after death by reason of "belief".
The teachers of Mysticism SHOW you the way to heaven and beyond, here and now, insisting upon the abandonment of Belief and the reality of experience within.

Dead saviors do not accept new disciples, living ones do. Life comes from life.

11/29/2015 3:37:16 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

" Let us examine some of the pertinent sayings which reveal that Jesus was conversant with the ancient religious thought and practiced the Path of the Masters of the Audible Life Current, sayings which are often ignored or misconstrued by those studying his teachings today:

The light of the body is the eye; if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness. MATTHEW 6: 22-23

Obviously, "the eye" refers to "the single eye" and the words "if thine eye be single," mean concentrated awareness within at the center between and at the back of the eyes. Again, the words "if thine eye be evil" refer to a state of mental dispersion without, as opposed to concentration within, and the result will certainly be "darkness"--darkness born of ignorance about the true and real values of life, for this is the greatest ill of the soul.
St. Luke then sounds a note of warning when he says:

Take heed therefore, that the light which is within thee be not darkness.
LUKE 2:35
What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light; and what ye hear in the ear,
that preach ye upon the housetops.
MATTHEW 10:27

Here are the words of advice from Jesus to his elect, the chosen few, viz., to carry to the people openly (in light) the significance of what they heard in "darkness," that is in secret meditation, and to tell of the divine melody that they heard in the ear by means of transcendental hearing.

But hearing, ye shall hear, and shall not understand;
and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive.
MATTHEW 13:14

The idea conveyed is of the esoteric nature of the spiritual science which can be experienced in the depths of the soul in the human laboratory of the body, and cannot be understood on the intellectual level or the level of the senses.
St. Matthew then goes on to explain the matter:

For verily I say unto you, that many prophets and righteous men desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear; and have not heard them.
MATTHEW 13:17; LUKE 10:24

In clear and unambiguous words, we have a reference to the inner spiritual experience, a realization of the Kingdom of Light and Harmony, which a real Master like Jesus could make manifest to his disciples.
Like other seers, Jesus gave a mystical experience to his sincere disciples. To the multitude, he always talked in parables, like those of the mustard seed, the fig tree, the ten virgins, etc., with which the Gospels abound.
In a picturesque parable, he explains the sowing of the Word in the hearts of the people, and tells us that the Word sown by the wayside is generally stolen by Satan from the heart; that the Word sown on stony ground takes no roots, endureth for a while and is washed away by the afflictions and persecutions for the Word's sake; that the Word sown among thorns is choked by worldly cares, deceitfulness and lusts of the flesh, and finally, the Word sown on good ground, such as those who hear the Word and receive, brings forth fruit (Mark 4: 14:-20).
The Path that Jesus taught is one of self-abnegation and of rising above body-consciousness, a process which is tantamount to the experience of death-in-life."

" These in brief are the essential teachings of Christ, the Master Christian, but not of institutional Christianity. Most of the Christian doctrines were formulated not by Jesus but by St. Paul, who turned Christ into the sacrificial lamb to atone for the sins of the world, and around this central idea, as borrowed from Judaism and the cults flourishing around the Mediterranean at that time, there has grown a mass of ritual and ceremony.
The tenets of Christ remain as excellent moral precepts and doubtlessly point the way to the inner realization, but cannot in themselves put the seeker on the Path of realization, for they now lack the living impulse and the pulsating touch of the teacher, who having completed the job assigned to him in his own time, cannot now initiate and lead the people and make Truth real to them by bringing them face to face with Reality. Of all the mystical teachings of Christ, we now find but the symbolic lighting of candles in the churches and the ceremonial ringing of the big bell at the time of service. Few, if any, know the real significance behind these rituals, which are the outward representations of the twin principles of Light and Sound, or the primordial manifestations of the Godhead, responsible for all that exists in the Universe, seen and unseen. Some of the great church dignitaries, when asked, say that the bell is pulled simply to call men to prayer, and that to speak of God as the Father of Lights (James 1:17), is but a figurative form of speech to denote his greatest gifts (of the lights of reason and intellect). With hardly any experience of the inner truths, they take the words literally and try to explain things theoretically."

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/col/col-6a.htm

11/29/2015 3:48:14 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from asanb:
I believe that Jesus was the savior OF HIS TIME, and that Christ lived on in many persons and places since then. You hold that Only Jesus is the way, and that is wrong. The word has been made flesh many times, and the embodiment of Christ has seen the works of religion, even the one founded in his name, and speaks against the abuse and ignorance.
Christianity asks that you accept the promise of heaven after death by reason of "belief".
The teachers of Mysticism SHOW you the way to heaven and beyond, here and now, insisting upon the abandonment of Belief and the reality of experience within.

Dead saviors do not accept new disciples, living ones do. Life comes from life.

Then you dont believe in Jesus Christ.

11/29/2015 4:21:19 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

walt_oftheearth
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,336)
Avondale, AZ
60, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from FOGenigma:

You cant be good enough, do enough, live good enough, be smart enough, or do anything to contribute to salvation. Salvation is from God alone, by His grace and no one or nothing else.

Salvation doesnt require a magic formula or anything other than your belief and acceptance in Jesus Christ, born of a virgin without sin. Jesus Christ, the pure Lamb of God, came as the only acceptable atonement for our sins to appease righteous God. Jesus Christ was tortured for all mankind and crucified, shedding His pure blood to cover our sins. The third day Christ Jesus rose from the grave of His own power gives all His children enternal life.

Before you mock this..meditate on this Truth. One day, until Christ returns, all mankind will face death, the last breath. Will we enter life enternal prepared for Heaven or Hell? Sarcasism, pride, arrogance, and rejection of Christ wont help anyone. Christ is the sole way to enter Heaven. Death has no tolerance for opinions.

Well stated. And thanks for this thread.

I for one want to face death, however it may come for me, with that hope of the consummation of belief, in my heart.

There may or may not be a hell. Scripture refers to a "second death," after a 2nd resurrection of the lost, and a white throne judgment.

But to those who believe, there will be no judgment. Here are Christ's words about that:

“I assure you: Anyone who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment but has passed from death to life." John 5:24

[Edited 11/29/2015 4:23:40 PM ]

11/29/2015 4:53:05 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from FOGenigma:

Only if I narrow my ability to assimilate ideas and concepts to a proscribed limit, as dictated by clergy and popular theology. Having been exposed to a broad range of eclectic and eastern thought ( and a few great teachers), I would say that I have embraced Jesus more completely and with greater understanding than most Christians. What the church teaches and what was given to His disciples are entirely different types of Knowledge.
What you espouse of Salvation is dogmatic and shallow. Spiritual masturbation.

11/30/2015 10:37:13 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,742)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from FOGenigma:

I can believe in the life the surrounds me . I can believe that it created me . I can believe that it sustains me . Why is it so hard for people to be happy with what they have ?

Every living thing on this planet , is loving every minute of it , while humans wallow in misery .

11/30/2015 10:50:10 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,742)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from walt_oftheearth:

“I assure you: Anyone who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment but has passed from death to life." John 5:24

My interpretation would be that "him" is a reference to the physical environment , which just so happens to be eternal . We can accept that where we came from , we will return to , we never die , we are reborn , as the life that surrounds us .

11/30/2015 11:59:30 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from nonstandard:
I can believe in the life the surrounds me . I can believe that it created me . I can believe that it sustains me . Why is it so hard for people to be happy with what they have ?

Every living thing on this planet , is loving every minute of it , while humans wallow in misery .

The shear stupidity of your comments is unfathomable. Did you ever stop and ask yourself who created those things around you? You are all the same...so your reply to that question keeps going backwards until you come to a microbe. Did you ever ask who created the microbes? The simple end to this is that there is a divine Creator....period...a single Creator...period.

11/30/2015 12:00:58 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
FOGenigma
Hadensville, VA
38, joined Nov. 2014

Well stated. And thanks for this thread.

I for one want to face death, however it may come for me, with that hope of the consummation of belief, in my heart.

There may or may not be a hell. Scripture refers to a "second death," after a 2nd resurrection of the lost, and a white throne judgment.

But to those who believe, there will be no judgment. Here are Christ's words about that:

No problem...you, lud and a couple others are reasonably in the religion category. The others have no desire for Truth.

11/30/2015 12:08:44 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from FOGenigma:
No problem...you, lud and a couple others are reasonably in the religion category. The others have no desire for Truth.

Are all of you people residents of the same asylum?

Peace

11/30/2015 12:23:52 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from sail_dancer:
Are all of you people residents of the same asylum?

Peace

Nope, they're just visitors. This one escaped though

11/30/2015 12:27:39 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from paulrxp:
Nope, they're just visitors. This one escaped though

Your posts continue to reinforce the fact that you are insane.

Peace

[Edited 11/30/2015 12:29:21 PM ]

11/30/2015 12:33:57 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,742)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from FOGenigma:
The shear stupidity of your comments is unfathomable. Did you ever stop and ask yourself who created those things around you? You are all the same...so your reply to that question keeps going backwards until you come to a microbe. Did you ever ask who created the microbes? The simple end to this is that there is a divine Creator....period...a single Creator...period.

Would that be the same creator that tells you that your better than everything else ?

I hate to break it to you , but its a human in disguise .

In the true universe , we really are , no different than anything else .

11/30/2015 12:40:22 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,742)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from FOGenigma:

I'm totally committed to the truth . I have total faith , and it does'nt have to scratch my back , to make me notice .

11/30/2015 1:55:37 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
60, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from FOGenigma:
Asnab...

That's a question that hits the target. I wonder what it's response was.

11/30/2015 2:07:50 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
60, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from nonstandard:

That is not so. Animals, through no fault of their own, suffer enormously, as well.

No person can choose whether or not to suffer, or be afflicted. But the difference maker is what we make of it. Do we view the suffering as only evil and/or unfair?

Or do we see suffering as a tool in God's hand to make us perfect--or get us on the road to perfection?

For that is God's aim. "Be ye perfect, as My Father in Heaven is Perfect." Genuine Christians know that suffering is part of the "full treatment" with an eternal purpose we do not see, or understand fully.

Just as the back side of a tapestry appears a tangle of threads and a confusion of colors with no apparent design.

I, for one, want to one day see the front of that "tapestry."

11/30/2015 5:21:54 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

12/1/2015 7:47:27 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,742)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

That is not so. Animals, through no fault of their own, suffer enormously, as well.

No person can choose whether or not to suffer, or be afflicted. But the difference maker is what we make of it. Do we view the suffering as only evil and/or unfair?

Or do we see suffering as a tool in God's hand to make us perfect--or get us on the road to perfection?

For that is God's aim. "Be ye perfect, as My Father in Heaven is Perfect." Genuine Christians know that suffering is part of the "full treatment" with an eternal purpose we do not see, or understand fully.

Just as the back side of a tapestry appears a tangle of threads and a confusion of colors with no apparent design.

I, for one, want to one day see the front of that "tapestry."

Both animals , and plants , can suffer . If they live through their suffering , they come back stronger than they were before , and they don't need a system of belief , to guide them , they do it all by themselves .

I can understand why people might want a god to soften the blow of death , but for living , its totally unnecessary .

Honestly , its not necessary for dying either , unless you chose a god that tells you , that you are too good , to become the life that made you .

12/1/2015 8:08:58 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,742)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

You can believe in a god if you want to , the ability is there , to do with what you want .

Simple fact is , everything was here , before we got here , and we wouldn't be here now , without everything that has made this planet habitable .

12/1/2015 7:30:07 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
60, joined Feb. 2008

[URL=http://s369.photobucket.com/user/iseebeauty/media/conversion_zpsmzx8d20s.jpg.html][/URL]

12/1/2015 7:50:56 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,213)
Tikrit
Iraq
57, joined May. 2011

Hit the quote button Walt to see which part of the photobucket code you should post (ONLY!) to avoid stretching the page.

12/1/2015 8:07:38 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
60, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from clarence2:
Hit the quote button Walt to see which part of the photobucket code you should post (ONLY!) to avoid stretching the page.

Is the "quote" button on the Photobucket website?

12/1/2015 8:17:32 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,213)
Tikrit
Iraq
57, joined May. 2011

Is the "quote" button on the Photobucket website?

No, on the forum page. Click the quote button for the post I just made and you'll see the part of the photobucket code you need for posting images.

12/2/2015 5:12:55 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

olderthandirt20
Over 2,000 Posts (3,281)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Walt didn't close his first bracket

[*i*m*g]

12/2/2015 11:04:54 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

turkalurk82
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Godfrey, IL
33, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from FOGenigma:

wow dude, how is that simple? You say we don't have to believe in some magical formula, but can't you see the formula you suggest does require magic? Why would an all-knowing benevolent creature punish us for using logic and reason to make rational decisions and reward us for blind faith in paradoxical virgin moms and the primitive belief that the blood of god's son will cover our sins. Why would he demand belief in such ridiculous nonsense to save his creation from his own wrath? I just don't understand how people can expect you to believe in this crap. its beyond me.

[Edited 12/2/2015 11:07:19 AM ]

12/2/2015 11:38:43 AM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,742)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from FOGenigma:

No , I do not ask such things . I accept what presents itself . I am not the maker , I am the product of its inventory .

12/2/2015 12:11:30 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,377)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Faith is ncessary for salvation, but faith alone will not save us. Martin Luther was wrong.

12/2/2015 2:24:47 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Faith is ncessary for salvation, but faith alone will not save us. Martin Luther was wrong.

Again ..... I ask you ..... salvation from what?

Peace

12/2/2015 3:05:33 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

kb2222
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,199)
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:

Peace

Salvation from self, deliverance from the inevitability of finite existence/death via the transfer of the seat of consciousness from the physical world to the spiritual.

12/2/2015 3:18:10 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from kb2222:
Salvation from self, deliverance from the inevitability of finite existence/death via the transfer of the seat of consciousness from the physical world to the spiritual.

What exactly do you feel about yourself that needs salvation?

Peace

12/2/2015 3:49:23 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:
What exactly do you feel about yourself that needs salvation?

Peace

Its not what I feel its what I desire. Is this life the only life you desire to experience, sail?

12/2/2015 4:07:04 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
67, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from kb2222:
Its not what I feel its what I desire. Is this life the only life you desire to experience, sail?

You didn't answer my question.

Answer the question I asked you and I will answer yours.

Peace

12/2/2015 4:11:00 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,377)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Jesus saves us from sin in this life and Hell in the next, if we let Him work in us.

For sinners, Hell begins on earth. Sinners might have their good days and good fortunes every so often, but unrepentant sinners live a life of misery even here on this earth. Jesus saves us from that too. If we let Him.

12/2/2015 4:46:11 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:

Peace

I answered your question. Its not a matter of what I "feel about (myself) that needs salvation." Its a matter of what I desire the same as it is with you. So, is this life the only life you desire to experience, sail?

12/2/2015 5:28:42 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from sail_dancer:

Peace

To understand salvation, you'll have to grasp the meaning of what it is like to have a soul lol
Since this is obviously alien to you, salvation won't make much sense Mr. Bobblehead

12/2/2015 5:34:03 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,011)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

Jesus never saved you. You're a delusional buffoon. Jesus couldn't even save himself.

12/2/2015 5:35:21 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,011)
Leander, TX
65, joined Oct. 2013

[URL=http://s369.photobucket.com/user/iseebeauty/media/conversion_zpsmzx8d20s.jpg.html][/URL]

This is perfect. It clearly says you must be mentally ill.

12/2/2015 6:15:42 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Salvation does not come from belief or acceptance, it come from meditation.

" Again, we have in scriptures: seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you. "Seek ye the Kingdom of God" is the first and foremost thing--the rest will follow. Unfortunately, we have been seeking the Kingdom of God without.
For entering the Kingdom of God, and for seeing the Kingdom of God, we have to invert, enter within the temple of the body. We have to tap inside and peep within. It is a regular process of inversion. Our body has been likened to a mansion with ten doors. The outer organs of sense constitute nine of them: two eyes, two ears, mouth, two nostrils, the rectum and the genital organ. These are the outlets of the body. These are the doors with which we live all the time. Besides, there is a tenth door. It is within and latent. It leads to the Kingdom of God. But very few find this out about which it is written: strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto Life, and few there be that find it.
About this, it is said: Knock and it shall be opened unto you. But we do not know where and how to knock. This is something practical. The tenth door in the body is the entrance into the Beyond. Until you know all about it, you cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
How can you find your way to the Kingdom of God within you and not without? You can enter into it and see it only when you are able to rise above the physical body at will. So the scriptures say: Learn how to die so that you may begin to live. Bear the cross and the cross will bear you. Though the outward man perishes, the inward man is renewed day by day."

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/kingdom.htm

12/2/2015 6:34:36 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Asanb, Jesus didn't teach the "kingdom of God is without." Jesus taught "the Kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21

12/2/2015 6:47:58 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

You know, nobody gets a paycheck without doing the work. Nobody gets to eat without growing the crops and making the harvest happen. How is it that Salvation happens by "believing" ? Unless you actively transplant your being by developing an inner path through meditation, you are nowhere, despite what you tell yourself or what you read in SCRIPTURE. One does not inherit revelation by reading about it or "believing". You must seek it for yourself, inside you.

12/2/2015 6:48:30 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
Asanb, Jesus didn't teach the "kingdom of God is without." Jesus taught "the Kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21

read the post again.

12/2/2015 7:03:15 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb:
You know, nobody gets a paycheck without doing the work. Nobody gets to eat without growing the crops and making the harvest happen. How is it that Salvation happens by "believing" ? Unless you actively transplant your being by developing an inner path through meditation, you are nowhere, despite what you tell yourself or what you read in SCRIPTURE. One does not inherit revelation by reading about it or "believing". You must seek it for yourself, inside you.
-
You have never experienced a revelation by reading the thoughts/insights of others?

12/2/2015 7:09:25 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from asanb:
read the post again.

You said "Unfortunately, we have been seeking the Kingdom of God without" and then you espouse 'correctly' about seeking it within and I said Jesus didn't teach to seek the Kingdom of God without. Are you just making a false premise so you can correct it or what?

12/2/2015 7:11:50 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:

Quote from kb2222:
I answered your question. Its not a matter of what I "feel about (myself) that needs salvation." Its a matter of what I desire the same as it is with you. So, is this life the only life you desire to experience, sail?

Well, sail, what's your answer?

12/2/2015 8:05:41 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from asanb:
Salvation does not come from belief or acceptance, it come from meditation.
" Again, we have in scriptures: seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you. "Seek ye the Kingdom of God" is the first and foremost thing--the rest will follow. Unfortunately, we have been seeking the Kingdom of God without.
For entering the Kingdom of God, and for seeing the Kingdom of God, we have to invert, enter within the temple of the body. We have to tap inside and peep within. It is a regular process of inversion. Our body has been likened to a mansion with ten doors. The outer organs of sense constitute nine of them: two eyes, two ears, mouth, two nostrils, the rectum and the genital organ. These are the outlets of the body. These are the doors with which we live all the time. Besides, there is a tenth door. It is within and latent. It leads to the Kingdom of God. But very few find this out about which it is written: strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto Life, and few there be that find it....
http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/kingdom.htm

More of this Gnostic New Ageism again huh? As Christians, we believe in the literal resurrection of the body, and so after the end of the world, heaven will also include the material dimension and will become fully a literal place.

The Kingdom of God is within us insofar as the Holy Spirit dwells within us. The Holy Spirit will dwell within us when we are free from mortal sin, i.e. when we do God's Will. This indwelling of the Holy Spirit (and with Him the rest of the Trinity: the Father and the Son) is why the Father, who is in Heaven is also within the saints (us - when we're free from sin). They do God's will and so He rules their hearts as a King and thus His Kingdom is within them.

You, I or anyone else will not , I repeat, not enter Gods Kingdom after death with one stain of unforgiven sin. You can meditate till the c*ck crows 3 times all you'll hear in your New Age transcendental state is the gnashing of teeth.

12/2/2015 8:45:10 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
You said "Unfortunately, we have been seeking the Kingdom of God without" and then you espouse 'correctly' about seeking it within and I said Jesus didn't teach to seek the Kingdom of God without. Are you just making a false premise so you can correct it or what?

Didja notice that I was posting something that someone else wrote? That's why it's in quotes and has a source on the bottom.

Read the post again, carefully. You missed the meaning of the first paragraph.

12/2/2015 8:55:43 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from kb2222:
-
You have never experienced a revelation by reading the thoughts/insights of others?

A revelation is a direct personal spiritual experience.

One might have an emotional revelation or intellectual revelation that way, but never a spiritual one.
You want to pull Jesus out of the bible or some other book and call that a revelation? An experience of his presence or spirit?
Or read stories of discipleship and claim them for yourself? You can't honestly live someone else's revelation. You have to have your own. Inside you. Or it isn't real.

12/2/2015 9:08:44 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from paulrxp:
More of this Gnostic New Ageism again huh? As Christians, we believe in the literal resurrection of the body, and so after the end of the world, heaven will also include the material dimension and will become fully a literal place.

The Kingdom of God is within us insofar as the Holy Spirit dwells within us. The Holy Spirit will dwell within us when we are free from mortal sin, i.e. when we do God's Will. This indwelling of the Holy Spirit (and with Him the rest of the Trinity: the Father and the Son) is why the Father, who is in Heaven is also within the saints (us - when we're free from sin). They do God's will and so He rules their hearts as a King and thus His Kingdom is within them.

You, I or anyone else will not , I repeat, not enter Gods Kingdom after death with one stain of unforgiven sin. You can meditate till the c*ck crows 3 times all you'll hear in your New Age transcendental state is the gnashing of teeth.

And you know all this from reading it in a book........
Of all of the prevalent Holy books in circulation in the world, The KJV is the most edited, mis-translated and manipulated interpretation of the life of a God-man. The important parts, what the living Jesus taught his living disciples, is left out. Just hints remain.

12/2/2015 9:38:21 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from paulrxp:

And here is some more of the same dissertation that I quoted-

" The question again and again arises: "How can we know the Self?" You have seen the difference in faith born of first-hand knowledge and that arrived at by belief in hearsay. Seeing is believing. Direct perception is far better than inferential knowledge. That is why the scriptures say: Blessed are they that see. You have eyes and see not. All the scriptures say that there is a Kingdom of God and that it is within you. You can enter the same and see the Light of God if you transcend body consciousness. The Kingdom of God cannot be had by observation; it can only be had by inversion, by tapping inside, as Emerson puts it. But how to tap inside? This experience you will have, as I have said repeatedly, at the feet of a Master--an adept in the science. He will give you at the time of initiation some experience which you may develop by daily practice. You may learn how to leave your body. Until your inner eye is opened, you cannot see and be convinced. Truly, we have eyes and see not. Guru Nanak says: He is not a blind man who has no eyes on his face, but one whose inner eye is not open to see the Light of God within.
How many of us are there who are not blind? We have heard about the Light of God. Have we ever seen it? Can we see the Light of God and how?"

12/2/2015 9:39:17 PM Sometimes The Simplest Things Are Hardest To Accept  
paulrxp
Miami, FL
48, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from asanb:
And you know all this from reading it in a book........
Of all of the prevalent Holy books in circulation in the world, The KJV is the most edited, mis-translated and manipulated interpretation of the life of a God-man. The important parts, what the living Jesus taught his living disciples, is left out. Just hints remain.

As far as the KJV is concerned, I may have to agree with you on that point. It wouldn't be the version I'd go to, not with other versions available that prob do a better job with translations. There's a few extra books left out as well that would be problematic for me