Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

new listcrawler

Now it s selecting, says Tamara Goldstein, CEO of Pickable. boise area singles When it comes to enjoy, these apps do their best to locate you the ideal match. It has bugs, some spam accounts, and some other challenges. indianapolis usa sex guide We have two wonderful youngsters and a beautiful residence with each other.

gay hookup inland empire

Presumably, other attendees share similar goals and expectations when they determine to participate in speed dating activities. gay hookup sites nashville From profile suggestions to sharing your results story, we are here to assistance you in your journey for appreciate. The downside of this process is that meeting a lot of people today feels monotonous and tedious. snapsext reddit Take care of the last warning trying to push your app also strong could expose you to cancellation of your developer account.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

9/16/2008 4:13:24 PM Big Bang machine and God  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

I went back to college a few years ago.. Took some computer courses..Beings that I hadn't been in college since the 80's I had to take entrance exams over again.On those entrance exams..was a math test,,with multiple choice answers.. If one were to consider that odds of guessing a correct answer,if the answer is unknown to the taker of the test.the probable odds of guessing correctly is about 1/3 correct.To me this wasn't challenging enough. It helps to know the material at hand..of course.. but multiple choice answers? This really doesn't "TAX" the ol noggin... What is taught in grade schools,middle schools and high schools,,doesn't enable todays kids to "think" Why do you think american kids are so far behind in education..vs..the rest of the worlds leading countries?

9/16/2008 4:20:21 PM Big Bang machine and God  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

The topic was> if they can create a (BIG BANG) and produce a universe as they think how this one was created..would it rule out those who think"GOD" created the heavens and the earth? In order to grasp the concept of the big bang..one needs to be able to expand the way one thinks and understands things.Conceptualization.This machine was made to try and recreate a therory or concept,as no one really knows for sure how the universe was created.Mankind hasn't advanced far enough scientifically to really know..they don't have the ability to travel in space and test Einsteins therory of relativity,,its all speculation,and by that speculation..they might get into a world of hurt,that could unduly affect all of us..But if they are able to produce the effect they think might occur with this machine,, would that then rule out that "God" created the heavens and the earth. Christians believe in a faith thing.. you disrupt that faith thing and they are then at a loss.. or one would assume they would be

[Edited 9/16/2008 4:24:03 PM]

9/17/2008 12:06:45 PM Big Bang machine and God  
classicsfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,078)
Charlottetown, PE

Quote from whitehawk:

" What is taught in grade schools,middle schools and high schools,,doesn't enable todays kids to "think" Why do you think american kids are so far behind in education..vs..the rest of the worlds leading countries?"

Being from Canada, I think we're a step or two ahead in the education department, but only a step.

My own personal opinion after have 3 kids go through the system recently, is that most teachers are lazy and rather than teaching kids to think, they just want them to regurgitate answers.

A perfect example is the number of teachers who think that creationism belongs in a science class. They do not have the skills to understand the difference between science and religion.

9/17/2008 12:10:09 PM Big Bang machine and God  
classicsfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,078)
Charlottetown, PE

Quote from whitehawk:

"But if they are able to produce the effect they think might occur with this machine,, would that then rule out that "God" created the heavens and the earth. Christians believe in a faith thing.. you disrupt that faith thing and they are then at a loss.. or one would assume they would be"

If only that were true. However, they would just come up with some justification or just ignore. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming, but there are still many christians and others who deny that it is occurring.

If there was another 'big bang' and another universe grew right in front of their faces, they would find some rationalization around it.

9/17/2008 12:15:29 PM Big Bang machine and God  

stedmo
Over 1,000 Posts (1,706)
Phoenix, AZ

I assume your speaking of CERN as the machine? Regardless, if scientists could create the condition of the big bang—either as a real physical manifestation or just as speculative conjecture--- it still wouldn’t sway many believers of creationism or I.D.

In the first case – a true physical manifestation of a big bang- well no one be around to verify it. The second case is speculation- perhaps well founded- but still just speculation.

In the biblical belief system their God created the world in 7 days --ex nihlo. So the conditions of the big bang would be a mere pettiness compared to their grand concept of divine creation. A belief system is a tough nut to crack.

And faith in science itself need to be guarded against a dogmatic belief. A theory, which can’t be empirically tested, remains a thought experiment--- a belief. Perhaps intellectually honest-- but a belief nonetheless.

and me? I’m all for creating a big bang….

9/17/2008 3:20:46 PM Big Bang machine and God  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

"My own personal opinion after have 3 kids go through the system recently, is that most teachers are lazy and rather than teaching kids to think, they just want them to regurgitate answers. "

I think I would agree with that statement..teachers are lazy..

[Edited 9/17/2008 3:21:54 PM]

9/17/2008 4:16:15 PM Big Bang machine and God  

justinut
Salt Lake City, UT

Quote from whitehawk:
"My own personal opinion after have 3 kids go through the system recently, is that most teachers are lazy and rather than teaching kids to think, they just want them to regurgitate answers. "

I think I would agree with that statement..teachers are lazy..

I think that is false statement. I had amazing teachers that were not given the tools to teach lazy students, who have worthless parents. Parents are the problem not the teachers.

9/17/2008 5:49:46 PM Big Bang machine and God  
classicsfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,078)
Charlottetown, PE

Quote from justinut:
I think that is false statement. I had amazing teachers that were not given the tools to teach lazy students, who have worthless parents. Parents are the problem not the teachers.

I think there is enough blame to go around.

There are a relatively small number of extraordinarily fantastic teachers.
There are a relatively small number of extraordinarily awful teachers.

The vast majority fall somewhere in between.

The same can be said about parents. Or administrators, or kids, or anyone else.

9/17/2008 5:51:45 PM Big Bang machine and God  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

yep

9/18/2008 4:35:48 PM Big Bang machine and God  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,490)
Yonkers, NY

Quote from classicsfan:
My biggest concerns are not about religion as such, but more about the lack of logic and critical thought.

If more emphasis were placed on these in the education system, people could more properly educate themselves throughout their lives.

But you just put the finger in the pimple. The Ed. Sys. doesn't want critical thought, logic, reading comprehension...Oh, yes, they will tell you to encourage all these beauties...but OTOH they don't provide the resources to make them a reality.

9/18/2008 4:54:14 PM Big Bang machine and God  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,490)
Yonkers, NY

Quote from classicsfan:

My own personal opinion after have 3 kids go through the system recently, is that most teachers are lazy and rather than teaching kids to think, they just want them to regurgitate answers.

A perfect example is the number of teachers who think that creationism belongs in a science class. They do not have the skills to understand the difference between science and religion.

Well, here you have a teacher that doesn't allow regurgitated answers...neither one that is lazy. Now, having said that, I agree with you that many teachers have given up as the result of being alienated by a system that accusses them of failing the students (even those that never go to class), by a system that induces overcrowdiness and cut resources...and a lot more.

9/18/2008 4:58:44 PM Big Bang machine and God  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,490)
Yonkers, NY

Quote from justinut:

Thank you. I am a teacher and I had / have the honor to know that many of my former students tell the new ones to get assigned to my classes.

Behind a good student you will always find a dedicated / caring parent.

Duchessa

9/19/2008 1:17:01 AM Big Bang machine and God  

ailve
Orlando, FL

Quote from whitehawk:
With this new machine that has been built,If they do create the "BIG BANG" will that then rule out that god created the heaven and the earth?

I'm assuming you're referencing to the LHC. I believe they've already been able to create a big bang effect by colliding anti-matter with matter. The atoms annihilated leaving behind photons and other fundamental particles which are the building blocks of everything we know. Physicists believe that there used to be far more anti-matter back when the universe started and this is what caused everything to change. When anti-particles and particles collide they produce 100% energy, leaving behind new matter. 1kg of anti-p/particles colliding produces nearly as much energy as that of the most explosive hydrogen bomb ever build. This is why anti-matter is so rare in the universe now and takes a fortune to create.

As for CERN's LHC, I'm pretty sure their main goal is to find the Higgs-Boson - which is a theorized missing particle. If found, it could be possible that the standard modal of physics is confirmed. That the universe is made up of like 5% atoms 20% dark matter and 75% dark energy. If this happens, I'm sure those deeply religious won't think anything of it. They can still claim that "God must have put the initial pieces in place".

However, the Standard Model has the ability to change everything we know about the universe if proven correct.

9/21/2008 2:00:46 AM Big Bang machine and God  

ailve
Orlando, FL

LHC out of commission for a couple months...
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/09/20/hadron.collider.damage.ap/index.html?iref=newssearch

9/21/2008 5:06:59 AM Big Bang machine and God  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

Its what they get..when they spend tax paying dollars and don't spend it where its really needed...Hope the thing stays broken permanently

[Edited 9/21/2008 5:07:17 AM]