Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames com

Young males, the girl you are dating may perhaps be your wife in a handful of years, but most likely she will not. gay denver hookup Eventually, they even began doing virtual introductions with each others family members and close friends. We went on twelve dates and he nonetheless hadn t kissed me. hud hookup dating app review Mainly because of my immaturity and lack of any guidance it in no way ended properly.

skipthegames one night stands

There are real people out there, who are there for the reason that they do not have the time or inclination to spend all evening hunting hopeful at an individual in a dingy bar or what ever each Saturday night. birmingham dating service And we indulged 1 another s person passions too — mine for writing and his for the space business, as he is a dedicated Trekkie with a degree in Aerospace Engineering. Travel is one particular of the finest factors to speak about on a date, but it is not always quick to initiate. bedpage columbia Have you ever thought about sleeping with anyone else?

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2, 3
9/26/2008 7:40:41 PM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

I think I don't like the word> anthropormorphize..simply because animals exibit emotions similar to human emotions. They do not think and rationalize like a human does,or that we know of so far.. (but then again, the great apes and marine mammals do exibit thought processes).A dog or cat on the other hand definately do not have human traits or characteristics,but they do have the same emotions as we do. that being..can we not then say that they exibit the same emotions as humans without characterizing them as human?

9/26/2008 9:17:15 PM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

nickiename
Las Cruces, NM

You may not like the term "anthropomorphize" but it's a valid term and defines exactly what you're attempting to expound on. As you've touched on yourself, the reality is that there is no other creature that feels, and reasons, and process information, and dare I say, even over-analyzes things, the way a human does. There may be similarities that can be drawn and even more so by someone who wants to see them but, like it or not, we are wholly unique in our cognition and emotions.

A dog may have fear but it's a learned behavior, not innate, which is why a new behavior can be learned in it's place. A dog may appear happy to us but who could ever say that feels anything like our idea of happiness? No one. There's just no way of being certain. So to say, "but they do have the same emotions as we do" is exactly what anthropomorphizing is. (that's why they have a word for it )

I think you may be trying to offer a deeper awareness about animals and I think that's commendable, I just have a more practical take on it. No biggie.

~~~~~~~~~~
OP, I hope you guys get something worked out with those car rides!

(that's me done here)

[Edited 9/26/2008 9:35:04 PM]

9/27/2008 5:32:13 AM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

I suggest that you watch the national geographic special on the Mike Vic pit bulls Nickie.
The One they named "cherry" is a good example of what I am talking about...He may never be rehabilitated as they had hoped. The dog cringes in fear,, they speculate as to why,but the don't know if he can be "retrained" That fear is no different than a humans fear.. I see that you disagree with animals having the same emotions as us..That is in no way anthropormorphizing,,its a straight out documented fact. Maybe you should not be in the field of training dogs,if you fail to see ,and accept that dogs have feelings. You can rationalize it all you like for your own justification, Fear is never a learned behavior for the most part,,its a integral part of every living mammal on this planet,its inherent in us, by being inherent,,it cannot be called "learned behavior" Humans can be "retrained " ..so would you suggest that we not apply the term > anthropormorphize to a human< too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_in_animals

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/life/mg19426051.300-do-animals-have-emotions.html

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/8-10-2003-44071.asp

[Edited 9/27/2008 5:53:45 AM]

9/27/2008 9:33:13 AM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

nickiename
Las Cruces, NM

Oh my... I know I said I was done with this but how silly! Please try to at least comprehend the word!

I noticed your first source is Wikipedia. Hopefully you'll understand why I'm not going to take the time to cut and paste those links.

I didn't say dogs don't have feelings. I said there is no way to say that those feelings are the same as ours. And if one does so, it is attributing human characteristics to animals. That's a little nutty in my book. Sorry, but you made me say it.

Fear is learned. How did that Vic dog become so damaged, if not through continued negative reinforcement which ultimately made it fearful? It did not have an innate fear of humans or other dogs or whatever (sorry, I don't watch a lot of TV so I missed that gem). Sure, dogs can be so deeply damaged that they can't overcome their fear (I hardly think a "scary" ride in the car and an utterly ruined Vic dog are in the same ball park, by the way) but an outside stimulus made them that way.

You have absolutely no place to suggesting what field of work I should or should not be in based on a couple posts here, anymore than it's my place to suggest you shouldn't be behind the wheel because you seem more than a little flaky which could be quite dangerous in a large truck. I wouldn't dream of being so insulting to a stranger!

(I save the insults for my dear friends )

We disagree, big deal.

[Edited 9/27/2008 9:41:22 AM]

9/27/2008 9:49:25 AM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

Ifn ya can't bother to continue to educate urself and learn new things you must not be worth a whole lot as a human being,,only those that think they know everything without further pursuing an education limit themselves and go thru life with blinders on and a narrow field of vision> tunnel vision<<<< maybe ur age is a factor.. but then again young ppl have such an ATTITUDE.. When u disrespect an elder it shows that you have no respect for urself..thus you definately would have no respect for an animal.. I rest my case!

9/27/2008 9:54:12 AM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

nickiename
Las Cruces, NM

Wow! You think I'm young? You made my day! Thank you!

9/27/2008 6:16:42 PM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

alicekathleen
Fresno, CA

I like Whitehawk's idea.. just leave it alone. I am beginning to see that animals, like humans, have strong preferences
for their environment. I would think that slowly one could de condition a fear by slow, positive rewards, ie, feed
dog near car, play near car, then in the car, etc over a period of days or even weeks. My dog is afraid of brooms
and the vacuum. Oddly enough, my cat (usually cats fear the noise of vacuum) is not afraid of it and enjoys
being vacummed, and enjoys the broom "brushing" on her back, too. She will ride on my lap in the car, whereas
most cats hate car rides, yet she goes only to vet and back in the car.

9/28/2008 4:11:46 AM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

honeypoo123
Eastpointe, MI

Thank You Everyone for all the help...............

9/28/2008 6:00:20 AM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

whitehawk
Eugene, OR

Your welcome Honeypoo..I see it created some controversy here...But I am sure you will
find the right solution for yourself and your new companion.Good luck, and I wish you well in your endeavors

9/29/2008 6:01:22 AM Dog is afraid to ride in the car  

drumrman
Belmont, MA

the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round.

Page: 1, 2, 3