Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames women

Meeting in public locations, such as a park, is generally a great idea because there are other men and women about in case you start to feel uncomfortable or unsafe. birmingham singles line Video streaming, nevertheless, is not provided. These ladies, otherwise identified as Queens , are trustworthy and trustworthy and make males really feel safe . how to delete russian brides account About Geni, it s very simple to place in a profile, produce a best totally free shemale web sites loved ones room, upload documents, and also foster a full visualization of your family members throughout the ages.

utah sex hookup

I was sitting in the back seat of my cousin s friend s car or truck, seeking out the window. free chat lines chicago He took me to a poetry evening at the Hideout and study a poem that knocked me off my feet. Perhaps they get amped up with show tunes or can t stand classical music. meetme profile search There are rather a lot of factors that regular customers can do on the platform , but a lot of members favor to upgrade to use premium options.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2
10/1/2008 1:52:42 AM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

ellyrockaway
Rockaway Beach, MO

I don't post in here, really, but I think funlovinwoman does sometimes. She is a Vietnam Vet. She came home Thursday night to smoke coming out the top of her house. She opened the front door and when she did, flames knocked her backwards and on the ground. She is ok, though. She has lost almost everything. She lives in Douglassville, TX, and I suggested she call the VA to help her. I don't know if they do things like that, but maybe some of you have some suggestions for her. If you do, please email me and I'll pass them on to her by phone. I don't believe she has a computer any more, so I can help if anyone has anything for me to tell her. Thanks to all. Elly.

10/1/2008 4:16:49 AM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

shootercva41
Mooresville, IN

ellerock, I'm so sorry to hear about funlovin's fire. I'm glad that she is ok, but it's still devistating to lose everything. Her local VFW and American Legion are good places to start also. I personally would like to send her a donation to help out. I'll email you get the info I need to send it to her.

I think that we all could send a little something to help out.

10/1/2008 7:02:45 AM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

bikerangel3
Pittsburgh, PA

It really hurts to loose everything like that ! Prayers and Good Thoughts to Funloving ! Let me know how we can help !!!

10/1/2008 9:08:58 AM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA

First off - I'm so happy to know she's okay. Thanks for letting us know. Also, please extend my thoughts and prayers to her!

If she's a member of the Women's Overseas League - I believe they have a fund for emergencies like this. If she's not, they are a great group, I'd suggest she join and still contact them to see if they or another local group can help.

I work for a Federal Agency, I'll see if I can't locate some other sources of aid. I'll get back to you all soon.

10/1/2008 9:18:39 AM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA

The HUD (Housing and Urban Development) website found at www.hud.gov has information links listed on the left-side of the page. One of those links will take you to a homelessness resource page. There you'll find a link to the HUD Veteran Resource Center (HUDVET). That page can be reached directly at http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/about/hudvet/index.cfm.

There are many new programs through local Housing Authorities and Housing Counseling Agencies to assist homeless Veterans. After losing her home to fire, she may be considered homeless by the program directors at these agencies and may qualify for assistance varying types of assistance.

Since she may not have computer access, she can reach HUDVET at HUDVET at (800) 998-9999, TDD (800) 483-2209, Fax (301) 519-5027, and just in case by E-mail at [email protected].

A list of Texas providers can be directly found at http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/about/hudvet/state/tx.xls. The information is listed in table form and too large to post to the group thread, however, it seems to have many, many places to find assistance. I hope this information helps.

By the way, the same information applies to any Veteran's who need housing assistance - just in case someone else out there needs the information, as well.

TJ

10/1/2008 11:44:37 AM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

justacountrygal
Maspeth, NY

I am soo sorry to hear about her loss, but am very glad to hear that she was not hurt. I am not working at this time, so all I can do is send my prayers, and suggest that she contact her local Salvation Army... Here in NY, they are the ones who respond first to all our crises.

Bast of Luck to her...

I will also ask my uncle (who works with vets benefits in VA) if he has any suggestions.

10/1/2008 12:21:39 PM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

newlady2
Goldsboro, NC

Elly , I dont know where Douglassville is....If shes not far from a base they can help her in many ways..bbl kiddo..

10/1/2008 4:39:31 PM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

shootercva41
Mooresville, IN

bringing it to the top.

COME ON VETS LETS HELP A SISTER VET OUT, IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE MUCH, BUT EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS

10/1/2008 5:14:58 PM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

blueshand
Syracuse, NY

Quote from shootercva41:
bringing it to the top.

COME ON VETS LETS HELP A SISTER VET OUT, IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE MUCH, BUT EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS

Shooter,
I am making some calls to some brothers here in NY. Fun is one of my friends and a woman full of life and giving...time to give back to one of our own who, would never ask for herself.
Semper Fi

[Edited 10/1/2008 5:15:33 PM]

10/1/2008 6:26:47 PM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

shootercva41
Mooresville, IN

thank you blues... that's the vet spirit

10/1/2008 7:20:06 PM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

th6231
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

The red Cross, the veteran organizations, the local fire dept--there are plenty of groups to assist if she reaches out. It is sorry news but it happens thousands of times a day in the U S. I have been a Firefighter for 35 years--our department has a program called "after disaster"---no one around here is left without some assistance.

10/1/2008 10:46:03 PM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

eagleeyes7
Fort Myers, FL

Elly,
Since I responded to you privately, and found the same info that travel did, I think that she should get on the "Per Diem" program with HUD ASAP, and also contact Social Services, as I mentioned, as they will issue her an emergency assistance check for her immediate needs.

Travel's info is correct, but if she needs VA assistance as well, since she is also a Disabled Veteran, there is some info to contact them here:

Veterans Services: Women Veteran FAQHow do I contact a coordinator for options for women veterans who are homeless ... Are there any VA medical facilities in the North Texas area and where are ...
www.co.collin.tx.us/veterans/women/faq.jsp - Similar pages
http://www.tvc.state.tx.us/WomensProgram.html

How can you apply for VA benefits and services? Simply visit one of the Women Veteran Program Managers listed below or call the Texas Veterans Hotline at 1-800-252-VETS (8387).

Texas Veterans Commission
Delilah A. Washburn, Regional Director
Women Veterans Program Manager
Texas Veterans Commission

6900 Almeda Road
Houston, Texas 77030-4200
Tel. 713/ 383-2756
(FAX) 713/ 383-2746
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 7:30 - 4:00

NORTH TEXAS REGION

Anita Cole, Veterans Counselor
North Texas Regional Women Veterans Coordinator
VA Outpatient Clinic
300 W. Rosedale
Ft. Worth, TX 76104
817/ 882-6090
(FAX) 817/ 882-6586
Hours: 8:00 - 4:30

Other assistance through VA

[PDF] Local veterans to receive $250000 for housing assistanceFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
“These men and women put their lives on the line to ... TDHCA made this award through its Texas Veteran’s Housing Support Program, an innovative new ...
www.tdhca.state.tx.us/ppa/docs/Press_Releases/080319-TxVetHouston-080319.pdf -

And, here is the HUD info for an online application that she can submit:
http://www.hud.gov/news/release.cfm?content=pr08-052.cfm

www.hud.gov

http://www1.va.gov/homeless/page.cfm?pg=3

Grant & Per Diem Program Homepage

Sample Capital Grant & Per Diem Only Applications For informational purposes only. You will be prompted to fill out a brief contact sheet and once you click submit you will be automatically forwarded to the webpage where you may download either application.

Technical Assistance Providers:
National Coalition for Homeless Veterans

Tell Buttons I'm pulling for her, and to keep strong and she will recover from this.

Semper Fi~

Eagle

10/2/2008 5:16:33 AM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

chuck8292
La Vernia, TX

I am in texas and will help if i can just let me know.

10/2/2008 7:16:21 AM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

ellyrockaway
Rockaway Beach, MO

Thank you all for your responses. I will be talking to her by phone on Friday. So I will read directly from this thread and make sure she has pen and paper in hand. I knew you would all be very supportive. It's just the American Way, and God Bless you all from funlovinwoman and her friend, Elly

10/2/2008 5:57:38 PM Funlovinwoman - House Fire  

shootercva41
Mooresville, IN

BTT

Page: 1, 2