Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

listcrawler com

But what takes place when pretend feelings come to be true? Welcome to 29 Dates, exactly where we discover the weird, wild, and sometimes great planet of dating — one particular date at a time. dating websites in jacksonville fl When living in NY, I matched with a guy on line and went to meet him in a bar on the LES. He was drafted in Georgia, where their enjoy story came full circle. jerkmate apk If you are dying to share your story create it down anonymously on our confession slips on the evening and we will study them out loud so you do not have to.

ts hookup app

It claims to have higher achievement prices on all its matches produced. speed dating macon ga But this is not merely a hookup story swap meet among funny close friends. AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that empowers people today to opt for how they reside as they age. bedpage houston If, having said that, the interest in a second date is either not mutual or nonexistent, as extended as you both survive it, you can learn from that knowledge and up your game for the next initially date.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

1/30/2009 8:32:37 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

dullrazor
Maiden, NC

An insightful, and well thought out posting, Ruth.

As it pertains to me remaining in North Carolina, that is out of my control at the moment, but rest assured I am formulating a course of action that will lead me out of the state. There is only so much a young person with an ill grandmother and father to tend to, can do. I have obligations that force me to put myself and my own aspirations "to the backseat", if you will.

And the above creates a lovely segue into my next point: A lot of times, people are unable to do anything about those what they are surrounded by. You can't blame the ignorance (ignorance used in such a fashion as to represent people concerned with their own "bubble of existence" as opposed to calling them bafoons) of... say, a hometown (illustrative example) on it being the sort of "people I attract". I more or less perceive it as the proverbial "flower in the sidewalk" in that the flower didn't choose to be there, that's merely where the winds of chance blew its seed. It doesn't choose to associate with the litter, rats, cigarette butts, and watered down oil drippings that surround, but it is forced to. The only thing the flower can do is continue to grow, despite its horrid surroundings, and make someone take notice of its splendor. Bearing that metaphor in mind, maybe the other objects around should re-evaluate THEMSELVES, and their position. Food for thought.

As far as my education goes... yes, I've gotten one. I've been the first person in a long line of family members to graduate HIGH SCHOOL, let along even entertain the thought of going to college. And yes, I am proud of it- not because its something I can tout, or hang up on a wall... but am proud that I have the willpower and determination to make tough decisions, and stand by them. Which, if we want to play psychoanalyst would be the underlying sentiment which creates and reinforces the opinions I've stated. Lack of responsibility for one's decisions and actions is at the root of most social ills, and these ills seep into individuals, and result in their "low quality".

The proof is in the pudding, essentially. Ask twenty five people today if they are satisfied with their life. If they say no, ask them why. Once they tell you, ask them what led said events. I am willing to bet a pack of gum that the answers you will receive will place the blame on someone else other than themselves. And, we have come full-circle, as I earlier stated that lack of responsibility is one of the roots.

In regards to the "tolerance of people's weaknesses and failings" I would like to state that one can be tolerant of many things without seeing it as a "positive". Failure isn't flattering. While I am willing to stipulate that failure is inevitable, as humans err- it is important to note that blaming the failure on anything other than yourself and the (possible) combination of "never getting back up" after failing constitutes a part of that worthlessnes.

Maybe I have these views because I am en Nietsschze existentialist at heart. Hrmm.
At any rate, I would like to post this singular poem here (it is relatively short, and I apologize once more for the length of this post... I just feel that I should respond to comments in a well thought out, coherent manner that the post deserves.). It is "IF" by Rudyard Kipling. If you want a good "measuring stick" to measure someone by, this is a pretty darn good one.

Happy Friday everyone, have a good weekend.

[Edited 1/30/2009 8:34:24 AM PST]

1/30/2009 9:03:18 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  
tmax1963
Greensboro, NC

Note to Dull Razor:

I dont quite understand your point in all of this? How were you able to post to this site? Some worthless person had to maintain the electricity, cable or phone line required to access the net! And even more worthless people maintain the roads, built the college that you recently graduated from, taught your classes, maintained the campus, ect.. All of the things that you take for granted as you go through your day...some worthless person in NC played a part in serving, creating and/or maintaining it. Dont be part of the problem...Tolerance of other people and how they choose to live or be, is the only way we as a community can get along.

1/30/2009 9:28:03 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

clif123
Madison, NC

Long winded posts are long winded.

1/30/2009 9:45:25 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

dullrazor
Maiden, NC

Note to Tmax, and pretty much anyone else:

You really should start looking to apply things in context. Original poster said NC men are low quality. This is a dating site. Therefore, logic holds that she assessed them as low quality for dating.

If we were having a discussion about car reliability... and someone said "Volvos are low quality. Every one I've had breaks down." And another individual would say "Saabs are worthless"... I am quite sure that all parties would understand that it was meant to describe the car's reliability rating. But, realizing that is just too easy, isn't it?

Now if another person said "Saabs aren't worthless, they are good cars! You don't know anything! Why do you think that they are worthless?" that is an open invite for one to expand their reasoning to broader contexts.

I concurred by calling them worthless. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to ascertain that it was meant they are "worthless for dating". It was everyone else who got all up in arms and made a mountain out of a mole hill, and applied it to a broader scope. I've mentioned... more than several times the initial context, but it seems failure/lack of patience to read, or inability to connect the dots has led to claims that essentially have no bearing on my original position. But, since others have exacerbated it beyond its original context, I've merely defended it in the arenas it was posed in.

Quote from clif123:
Long winded posts are long winded.

Lack of intelligent/thought out response is lacking intelligent/thought out response.

My apologies for being descriptive and detail-oriented in my posting. Here, maybe a picture will help.

This is a cat.
The cat's name is Squiggles.
Squiggles is yellow and orange.
Squiggles likes candy!
Bye Squiggles!

I could always try to find a .gif, one that flashes and is shiny, if you'd like.

At any rate, I'm done stating my opinion on it. I've stated my opinion, and defended it, multiple times in response to multiple comments.

Also... *inb4opinionsarelikebuttholescomment*
For those that don't know *inb4(insertcommentwithoutspaceshere)* means refers to a user posting a reply to a message/topic "before" another user posts an obvious response. When used appropriately, inb4 is followed by a word or short phrase that the user knows will eventually appear in the topic conversation.

[Edited 1/30/2009 9:48:57 AM PST]

1/30/2009 9:50:39 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

clif123
Madison, NC

Thank you!

1/30/2009 1:27:16 PM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

valadamir
Franklin, NC

Most of the women that you think you would be interested in anywhere and everwhere think if it's not antonio banderas he may not be acceptable to them, their family and everbody else.No wonder men cop a bad attitude.Blame for both sides.
Quote from clif123:
Thank you!

1/30/2009 3:12:42 PM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

newlady2
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,753)
Goldsboro, NC

I am so proud to work on a military base..at least even the people I would call young ..( No disrepect) Have more important things to discuss.
Have a safe and happy weekend everyone ..

2/1/2009 12:01:30 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

roadbug
Middlesex, NC

Speaking for myself and my three brothers. There are some good quality men in NC.
Some guys don't really know when to ask for sex, or how to ask, and they arn't very good at picking up the signals that you ladies think are obvious. That can make them seem like jerks sometimes. Of course some guys are jerks, and have you ever wondered why you seem to get the jerks? There could be a reason.

2/1/2009 4:35:19 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

laserlady
Erwin, NC

There are people of all qualities everywhere. North Carolina is no different. What is considered low quality to one, might be a prince to another. It is all in the eyes of the beholder.

2/1/2009 5:36:08 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

altje
Over 1,000 Posts (1,616)
Kernersville, NC

Laser

2/1/2009 6:28:54 PM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  
all4kids1
Indian Trail, NC

It is not that the men are such low quality. That is life, in general IF you do not set your standards and expectations high....AND LEAVE THEM HIGH. You will become a better screener. Be positive and you will attract positive men. Good luck!

2/6/2009 8:59:31 PM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

davethedog
Conover, NC

Dullrazor you remind me of me back when I had hair LOL I remember 22 kind of. I was full of ideas and imagination back then. An please don't think that I disregard your opinion, in fact I thank you for it. It reminds me of so many things from my younger days. I however don't agree that a majority of the men or people here in North Carolina are of low quality. What I think in truth is that people judge long before they see. First impressions and all. James Earl Jones was and is a stutterer. If you took him at face value from first impressions then you would miss out on a great actor. Einstein couldn't tie his shoes but.... Edison was a pack rat. No one is perfect and very few would ever measure up to others ideas of there Price Charming or Princess as it may be, but for most of us, there is good there and my pet word is hope. And as a closing thought. Anything worth having is worth working for. You just never know what is there behind the door waiting. I hope it is someone wonderful and if she is not what I hoped she would be, if I wait to see who she really is she may just turn out to be the very thing I am looking for, because what you think you want and what you find you need may very well be two different things. And lastly, thank God that we live in a country where you can write freely on here and even disagree without fear. As many on here can tell you everywhere is not like here in the good ole USA. ( getting off my soap box now. )

2/7/2009 3:46:15 AM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

harvest151
Charlotte, NC

Im not low quality, I was made in america by the finest Irish immigrants money could book passage for!

On a serious note:

Not all men are low quality, there are many of us that still have honest old world traditional values. I work way to much be able to handle 1 woman let alone juggle two or three.

2/10/2009 3:49:59 PM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

winekissed
Belews Creek, NC

I don't think the men in North Carolina are really of low quality. Its just southern men, just like southern women we are a bit different from others places on earth. Southern men used to be gentlemen but its hard to find that anymore. You have to remember we are in the bible belt and families and men place alot of emphasis on religion in this area and that makes a differece in the type of man. Not necessarily the quality. Since family is very important many men give up alot of things, such as a higher paying job for the family, which you may consider a lower quality of man, but its a better quality for a family man. The women are the same, we put much emphasis on family. The others are considered red necks, they are really low class and you don't want to mess with them unless "you gona put your biscuts on the table".

Winekissed

2/10/2009 3:53:39 PM Why are the Carolina Men such low quaility  

newlady2
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,753)
Goldsboro, NC

Good Grief !!!