Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

rubmaps forum

Girls speak very first to set an equal tone from the start out. black singles nyc When you both like every single other s profile, you are automatically matched. In fact, some need to be completely silly or inventive and make you each laugh or think. russian girls torture animals 71 in the below 30 cohort and $14.

skipthegames com

General and even marrying our neighborhood is a social networking and areas are listed final 50 posts. oahu chat rooms They even came over and interrupted my date, asking if they could have some fries. I just didn t feel it would happen so rapidly. did craigslist get rid of the personal section By far, the most well known 1 is Tinder, and it s not even close to having dethroned anytime quickly.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

2/21/2009 3:22:51 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

checknuout2
Troy, OH

How does that song go? I can bring home the bacon and fry it in a pan. Well I can do all that and more. I was raised on a farm and us kids had chores to do, and we did them or else. I'm not afraid to carry in the firewood and take out the trash. I don't want to be put on a pedestal, all I would like is a relationship where both people help each other out.

2/21/2009 3:27:50 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

cruise427
Over 1,000 Posts (1,162)
Los Angeles, CA

i have no problums with a lady thats independant and confident.
and if shes "drama free", even better

2/21/2009 3:35:34 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

andrzejewski
Dayton, OH

i have no problem with it mark from dayton

2/21/2009 3:42:07 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

bbw46reader
Over 1,000 Posts (1,718)
Frederick, MD

I took 'independent' off my profile and replaced it with 'strong-minded'. I was getting feedback from men that assumed 'independent' meant I refused input, help, support, opinions, gifts or who-knows-what-all kinds of interactions with men. I was just trying to say I've never been a leech or clinging vine. I didn't know it was such a loaded word. Can't wait to see what it triggers in this post.

2/21/2009 3:46:31 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

rocket000
Over 1,000 Posts (1,130)
Murrayville, GA

I think many(but not all) men are intimidated but I doubt that any of those who are inimidated will admit it.

I'm extremely independent. I require a very strong man who is not intimidated, is on my level in a number of ways BUT can STILL TREAT ME LIKE A WOMAN.

2/21/2009 3:48:42 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

checknuout2
Troy, OH

you can say that again.

2/21/2009 3:54:04 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

thebestman
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,707)
Alpharetta, GA

Men are not intimidated by women that are independent. It's more of "attitude" that runs them off.

Just like the phrase it's not what you say, it's how you say it. It's not so much the independence as how it comes across.

2/21/2009 4:20:09 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

darkangel49
Defiance, OH

I believe that some men are, it's there loss.

2/21/2009 4:41:41 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

nyguitar77
Watertown, NY

When a man hears a woman say she's "Independent", he'll usually think two things:

1. She's a b*tch.
2. She's so busy and centered on her own life, that she doesn't have the time for a man or won't want a man in her life.

Men tend to stay away from women who claim to be independent.

2/21/2009 4:57:38 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

greggo45
Eighty Four, PA

No problem here . that question works both ways

2/21/2009 6:08:22 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
johnterrycjr
Over 1,000 Posts (1,471)
Grafton, WV

When we were children our parents went to great lengths to teach us, boy and girls alike, to able to take care of our selves and to be self sufficient. 40% of girls leave home to get out on their own, some go right to work while others got to college. This requires the ability to be independent. 90% of men leave home to do the same to do the same thing.

The word independent in the online dating circles has been attached to a meaning automatically because it has been commonly seem in the accompany of words like strong willed, strong minded, determined by women who have chosen these words to describe themselves in profiles that also use these phrases; no game players, no head games, I don’t need a man..., etc. Some men have this tendency to simply things needlessly by breaking it down to see any of these terms used by a woman as; difficult to get close to, too much dramatic attitude, or just plain hard to get along with. This really shouldn't be seen this way by men, but, they do.

One example is, on about 2 out of ten female profiles, you will see the word I’ an independent woman… followed by this phrase or one to it’s effect; …I don’t need a man to take care of me or… The only words the man sees after viewing about 20 of these written profiles are the key words, independent…I don’t need a man… At that point, anything written before and after are forgotten and they move on.

Now, if you really want a clearer picture why men view this in this manner, go to the Women’s World group and read each post and then read their profile What is Your Dealbreaker When Reading Profiles? Be Honest! Even though this thread was meant to be a conversation outlet for women, it has also become the ruler for a lot of men to know who is approachable and who is not. And the reasons are stated as clear as a spring morning sunrise with in each of those threads with no explanations needed. All of the answers can be found there. Some men like to play detective a little and will compare the profile with what they have written in those threads. Most of the time, they see major differences in what they say in their profile vs what they in those threads. It, kind of becomes their Bible on Women so to speak.

JMO

I am starting a relationship with a woman who is independent, but, to really be honest, 98% of the women on DHU are independent, meaning, they are making it on their own, while at the same time 75% of them are sreiously, looking for love.

[Edited 2/21/2009 6:13:39 PM PST]

2/21/2009 6:13:52 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
lnlass
Over 2,000 Posts (2,371)
Laguna Niguel, CA

Very much agreement with above poster, especially the part about being independent but yet looking for love. Describes myself to a tee. Never been married never lived with anyone. But have had relationships over the years but had yet to find a guy who felt same toward me (unrequited on one side or the other). So been looking all this time. Seeing someone now and some strong feelings are developing on both sides. But I still remain very independent. He says it is one the traits in me he finds appealing...apparently I am the polar opposite of his ex wife and some ex girlfriends in that respect.

2/21/2009 6:18:43 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

devildog1965
Lexington, SC

I don't eat bacon,

2/21/2009 6:19:25 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

checknuout2
Troy, OH

lol

2/21/2009 6:38:28 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

bbw46reader
Over 1,000 Posts (1,718)
Frederick, MD

Quote from johnterrycjr:

Crap. Just had to go back and read what I posted in Womens World. LOL
It's nothing contradictory to my profile. And though I said <5'8", turns out that's not true - I reconsidered after finding out how rare other qualities are that are much more important.

My conditioning seems to be that men don't want a woman just looking for a meal ticket, so I keep thinking I have to assure them in advance that that is not what I am. Dumb, huh? Think I'll take out 'strong minded' too - if one can't determine that from the rest of my profile then it's pointless to use that phrase. Hmmmmm?