Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

40 listcrawler

It is not uncommon to hear of affluent males who stroll into a yeshiva and request from the menahel or mashgiach to get him the best and best studying boy in the yeshiva. craigslist darien ga She nevertheless had shore responsibilities but met me at ports down along the way. Somebody out there is going to truly like you for your appears and who you are. dirty get well soon memes You finish up with diversity of thought in your own life.

where to find hookup

On the stroll from the tea home to Ben s location, the awkwardness compounded and Mikka became miserable. craigslist show low az personals I got all dolled up, did my makeup and felt super cute, and when I showed up to the restaurant, he was wearing a Loony Tunes T shirt with shorts and flip flops. Pairing up with somebody you already know to obtain an idea. jelsdafairy onlyfans Use the cog wheel on the correct hand friends menu to view your most important selections.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

3/9/2009 8:45:34 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
2magnolia
Erlanger, KY

I definately think there are men out there who are intimidated by women,for whatever reason; better paying job,higher I.Q.,more professional letters after her name.Whatever they intimidated by gives you insight into their insecurities-or their prejudices.
If a man have a real problem with you being his supervisor,it is because he hates the way you supervise ,or it is because it makes him feel emasculated to have woman telling
him what to do at work.,one of the traditional bastions of male power,or around other men?

3/9/2009 9:57:24 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

wizmom_00
Galatia, IL

TY Johnterry.....My dad always said he was going to raise me to be independent, and he did. (Mom taught me house stuff.) Independent ment to me, being able to exist in the world, take care of yourself...not all of us have a man, or some male figure to help us. If not...I'm not going to fall on the ground, and cry myself to sleep. I will change the tire, whatever and just go on. BUT...it sure is nice to have a man around the house. So dont get independent and "man hater" mixed up...lol!! Ummmm...guess a few other names could be added too, but alot of them just all add up to the same thing. YOU MEN are scared of us...you feel threatened I think. Most prefer to be the "white knight" and be able to "save the day"!!Not all women are weak, and needie...yea, we need...but its your love, trust, honor, things like that. Basicly it just boils down to the Mars/Venus thing...

3/9/2009 10:18:24 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

wizmom_00
Galatia, IL

I must say, THIS has been one of the best forums I have read!!

3/9/2009 11:14:54 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
macjim
Colorado Springs, CO

Quote from lukus41:

So, you're using the Bible to justify a paternalistic society?
The world has changed a lot in the last 2,000 years.
The Bible is a snapshot of a certain small group of people's ideas about the universe and human relationships a long, long, long time ago.
Human understanding of the world around us has increased so much since then that it pretty much makes most of what the Bible says irrelevant.
If you just don't get too specific, it has a good general message about the importance of treating other people the way you would like to be treated, but most educated people are not interested in going backwards in history to get advice on how to conduct their day-to-day lives.

3/9/2009 11:28:50 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

lakc
Houston, TX

Quote from lukus41:
i guess its funny that all you men love these independent women ... than if they are so ""great"" why in the hell are we all single ... I have been with a these type of women and they are just Know-It-Alls!!!!you men can have them....

I just adore a Know-It-All Man!

3/9/2009 11:39:45 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
lukus41
Spring City, PA

Quote from lakc:
I just adore a Know-It-All Man!
read your profile and you were married for 28 years!! i bet you let him be him self and he took care of you!!and your not a quitter!!!

[Edited 3/9/2009 11:40:39 AM PST]

3/9/2009 11:44:32 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

lakc
Houston, TX

Quote from lukus41:
read your profile and you were married for 28 years!! i bet you let him be him self and he took care of you!!and your not a quitter!!!

Thanks lukus, but in the end I took care of him.....He encourgaged me to be independent and I'm glad he did.

BTW....I bet you're a softy at heart!

3/9/2009 11:57:31 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
sacredcascade
Riverview, MI

I'm being truthful in saying when I read " I am independent " the first
thought that come's to my mind is social butterfly, I love new york, don't
even think about it etc. but that is jmo, but for some guy's it could be
intimidating except the trick is to get the upper hand first j/k

3/9/2009 4:38:45 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
bill55xx
Buffalo, NY

stay independent young lady and dont worry about what others think.

3/9/2009 4:53:43 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
bbw46reader
Over 1,000 Posts (1,901)
Frederick, MD

Quote from lakc:
I rewrote my profile and removed "independent" because someone told me it was viewed as "bossy"......

Me too. I thought 'independent' was a good thing because men don't want clingy, needy, dependence in a woman. But the men I talked to said they think 'domineering b*tch' when they see that.

I blame man-hating women who use it as a euphemism for: "Not only do I not need you, I despise you and all your kind . . . COME HERE!"

3/9/2009 5:02:02 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
genuinelady
New York, NY

amen! SOME men just need to know and fe3el like they are needed for something without the"I will get it myself, don;t need help thanks" this is just my experience cos i will go get the bacon, cut my own yard and hang my gate back on when it falls off too! others
"just love it." some things u may never know!

3/10/2009 5:40:39 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

beverduster
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,635)
Chandler, OK

some are some arent, to me it doesnt make ny difference, you can only smother somebody somuch

3/10/2009 2:08:09 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

thymekiller
Royalston, MA

Quote from bbw46reader:
Me too. I thought 'independent' was a good thing because men don't want clingy, needy, dependence in a woman. But the men I talked to said they think 'domineering b*tch' when they see that.

I blame man-hating women who use it as a euphemism for: "Not only do I not need you, I despise you and all your kind . . . COME HERE!"

Well said

3/10/2009 2:30:18 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
ligeia
Knoxville, TN

Let me sum this up in a simple metaphor, if he doesn't like the fact that I like combat boots with my skirts, he isn't man enough to wear the b.d.u.'s in my house anyways.

[Edited 3/10/2009 2:46:00 PM PST]

3/11/2009 10:40:13 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
genuinelady
New York, NY

lol! yeah mon!

3/12/2009 2:05:59 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

wsprs0nthewind
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,233)
Powell, TN

Lets face it, if we say we're independent they say we're a bi*ch. If they think we NEED them they call us gold diggers. No matter what a woman does, how she comes across, some man, somewhere is going to take it the wrong way.

You can't win either way you go.

3/12/2009 2:12:02 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
lukus41
Spring City, PA

3/12/2009 2:19:33 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

yourfriendbob
Over 2,000 Posts (3,599)
Fayette, OH

Very very true...

3/12/2009 2:28:05 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

aliveankickinto
Over 1,000 Posts (1,998)
Tucson, AZ

Women need to be independent. Husband dies and she is left with kids to raise.
Husband leaves her and she has kids to raise.

Who's going to raise them if she doesn't.
I was raised to be able to take care of myself, and it payed off.

3/12/2009 5:58:39 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
missa2966
Mandeville, LA

Sadly many guys are intimidated by independent women because some have given ALL of us a bad rap.

In today's society of course most single women are self supporting
BUT...
I think I speak for many genuine & gentle "independent" ladies out there
That we always will need a man just because he IS a man...
We want to feel protected,safe,loved & cared for...
to be able to turn to at the end of the day to soothe our ruffled feathers from the hard world out there & to soothe his also...JMO

[Edited 3/12/2009 6:26:07 PM PST]

3/12/2009 8:24:48 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

tkat101
Alexandria, VA

Hell yes they are!

3/12/2009 8:27:15 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
lead_man1
Lake Dallas, TX

I’m surprised with some of the responses. I feel just the opposite and would not be compatible with someone who is not independent

3/13/2009 3:31:37 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

lakitten
Stephens City, VA

Quote from lead_man1:
I’m surprised with some of the responses. I feel just the opposite and would not be compatible with someone who is not independent

I was, too, after I lived here for awhile. Coming from the western side of our beautiful country to find this type of attitude in men was quite a culture shock.

3/13/2009 6:03:26 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
lukus41
Spring City, PA

HERES FOR ALL YOU NICE GUYS OUT THERE THAT SUCK UP TO SOME OF THESE WOMEN TRYING TO GET A DATE!!---------There are many men that feel they are a "nice guy" and that women are crazy to pass them over. Well, I have some news for you dudes.!!!!!

Nobody cares that you are "nice."

See, the problem is that "nice" guys put themselves on some sort of pedestal. Nice guys like to think they are superior to other men, that they are better at relationships, and that by virtue of their "niceness" are more deserving of a woman's romantic attentions.

From experience I can tell you that "nice" guys are not as nice as they like to think. Most "nice guys" are whiney, close-minded, judgmental, spineless, controlling, and weak. Women do not like weak, whiney, judgmental men. Ergo, women do not like "nice" guys.

Women want MEN - decisive, action oriented, determined, aggressive.

3/13/2009 6:25:17 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
beanz991
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,593)
Houston, TX

No..never met a woman that I could not turn into a sniveling mess...the 'strong independent' ones are usually the easiest oddly.

3/15/2009 1:39:38 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
2magnolia
Erlanger, KY

Sometimes women wonder how tough they should be in front of men.We dont want to intimidate them,but we also dont want them to think we are frail and insecure.We
have to be independent,but not too independent,strong but not too strong.
Fifty years ago,women were around to marry and carry children for men.I can say times has changed with confidence.
Today women are empowered-we are independent and we arent afraid to step on a man's shoes
in the corporate world.
Although discrimination will never end completely,most companies have codes of ethics that dont allow women to be treated differently or to be any less apt to get a promotion.

3/15/2009 5:03:49 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
dusty61
Council Bluffs, IA

I dont think most men are... but Im sure there are some.

3/15/2009 8:25:47 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

midnight08
Over 1,000 Posts (1,395)
Clarksburg, WV

Intimidated? NO
BUT we do not like them that walk around with a chip on their shoulder saying "I don't need a man" I say we do not need you either.

3/19/2009 12:48:18 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
2magnolia
Erlanger, KY

Quote from lukus41:

HERES FOR ALL YOU NICE GUYS OUT THERE THAT SUCK UP TO SOME OF THESE WOMEN TRYING TO GET A DATE!!---------There are many men that feel they are a "nice guy" and that women are crazy to pass them over. Well, I have some news for you dudes.!!!!!

Nobody cares that you are "nice."

See, the problem is that "nice" guys put themselves on some sort of pedestal. Nice guys like to think they are superior to other men, that they are better at relationships, and that by virtue of their "niceness" are more deserving of a woman's romantic attentions.

From experience I can tell you that "nice" guys are not as nice as they like to think. Most "nice guys" are whiney, close-minded, judgmental, spineless, controlling, and weak. Women do not like weak, whiney, judgmental men. Ergo, women do not like "nice" guys.

Women want MEN - decisive, action oriented, determined, aggressive.

Plenty of men seek out and enjoy a strong,intelligent woman.He is proud of her and her accomplishments,and doesnt see them as reflection of his masculinity,or lack therefof.In the work place,thses men accept the a woman can be more knowledgable or have more experience in something that he does,and that he'd being doing himself a desservice if he didnt follow her leads at times.

3/19/2009 12:56:49 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
lukus41
Spring City, PA

follow her leads at times.

3/19/2009 1:44:19 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
edgeofsandias
Over 2,000 Posts (2,355)
Placitas, NM

Not the ones worth keeping around!

3/20/2009 6:31:23 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
inchesfromluv
Henderson, NV

I wish I could hook up with a a couple! I do not think it is the indapendant women thing, but more they feeling of a women overpowering a man. a good women would never do that to a man.

3/21/2009 8:07:56 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
mariner67
Birmingham, AL

Not at all. I am glad this was brought up so I can step on some toes. Screw it, I will start my on thread on this one.

3/23/2009 1:16:26 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
caribedahlia
Lompoc, CA

You certainly don't espouse the Christian virtue of modesty..............

Quote from beu24:
Yes they are. When they find out who my ex-husband is, and what I do for a living they are very intimidated

3/23/2009 1:18:39 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
evileddy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,695)
Ottawa, ON

No such thing as an independent woman... unless she's very very ugly.

3/23/2009 7:05:56 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
memyself1975
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,584)
Moberly, MO

I beg to differ with that!

3/23/2009 7:23:50 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
38justlooking
Greeley, CO

OH EVIL!!!! YOU DID NOT SAY THAT. i AM A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO PROBABLY CAN DEAL WITH MORE THAN MOST MEN. tHERE ARE ALOT OF US GREAT INDEPENDENT WOMEN OUT THERE... wE GET THE KIDS UP IN THE MORNING, GO TO WORK, TAKE OUR LUNCH HOUR TO DO THE THINGS WE CAN'T DO AFTER WORK BECAUSE WE GET OFF TOO LATE, PIK UP KIDS, HELP WITH HOMEWORK, MAKE DINNER, CLEAN THE HOUSE, DO LAUNDRY, PAY THE BILLS, GET THE KIDS TO BED ON TIME, and where the hell is the man in the scenerio.. HUH.. not many men can do that... single mom's can do anything.. and as for ugly.... PLEASE.... women just let you men think you rule the world. Did I mention I'm mechanical also.... All women know that you can't always rely on a man.. do it your damn self.

3/23/2009 7:32:03 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
lukus41
Spring City, PA

Quote from 38justlooking:
OH EVIL!!!! YOU DID NOT SAY THAT. i AM A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO PROBABLY CAN DEAL WITH MORE THAN MOST MEN. tHERE ARE ALOT OF US GREAT INDEPENDENT WOMEN OUT THERE... wE GET THE KIDS UP IN THE MORNING, GO TO WORK, TAKE OUR LUNCH HOUR TO DO THE THINGS WE CAN'T DO AFTER WORK BECAUSE WE GET OFF TOO LATE, PIK UP KIDS, HELP WITH HOMEWORK, MAKE DINNER, CLEAN THE HOUSE, DO LAUNDRY, PAY THE BILLS, GET THE KIDS TO BED ON TIME, and where the hell is the man in the scenerio.. HUH.. not many men can do that... single mom's can do anything.. and as for ugly.... PLEASE.... women just let you men think you rule the world. Did I mention I'm mechanical also.... All women know that you can't always rely on a man.. do it your damn self.
i do that every tuesday and wedsday overnights and every other weekend and over night sundays and every other week in the summer... and have run a 5 man crew!!! so what the fu*ks your point?? and pay 30 thousand a year for support.. men can do it to with out B*TCHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

3/23/2009 7:45:42 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
38justlooking
Greeley, CO

i am not discounting single dad's they too have it tough.. all my best guy friends do it too.. but for Evil to say that there is no such thing as an independent woman is incorrect. Im not b*tching... i was only stating the truth when the subject was brought up... if the subject had been single dads vs. single mom's i would say its even.. in fact its harder for men to get child support than it is women.. so that wasnt my point... my point is ...... there are independent women out there.. i have great respect for both single moms and dads.. but to degrade a woman because she is independent is wrong.. we can be just as independent as men.... thank you

3/23/2009 7:51:51 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
rockysdad
Over 1,000 Posts (1,002)
Brigham City, UT

I don't know. Personally never met one. I've met a few that CLAIMED to be independent, but that lasted just long enough to hook me, quit their job, clean out the account, take the car and kids, and ultimately the HOUSE. Damn, they ended up with EVERYTHING...............
oh, damn...... I guess that IS independent! Never mind!

4/4/2009 1:23:21 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

lovinbut
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,756)
Fort Dodge, IA

Quote from christa29:
In my experience, all men are intimidated by me, cause I'm SO SO INDEPENDENT. Cant seem to find a man who wouldnt be.
I'm not intimidated, at all sweetheart! I sense hostility in your words.

4/4/2009 2:38:10 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

3asygoing
Dearborn, MI

well there is independant and no need for a man ...hrmm does that make sense.
Just like women ,men want to be needed to for something.

4/4/2009 10:22:10 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
fenugreek
Minneapolis, MN

...Be strong, be assertive ambitious and focused.

But if you want to be in a relationship, just don't claim to be independent women.

4/4/2009 10:29:55 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
denvertay
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,245)
Aurora, CO

Quote from fenugreek:
...Be strong, be assertive ambitious and focused.

But if you want to be in a relationship, just don't claim to be independent women.

sexist remark
You have to carry your independance with a certain flair
it cant be used as a club it must be a part of what is you

4/5/2009 5:20:40 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
firstquarter
Freeport, NY

sounds great to me

4/5/2009 5:33:51 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
dishy4candy
Fort Morgan, CO

Some men want a woman who'll forget how to breathe if they aren't there to say "breathe in, breathe out".

4/5/2009 5:39:56 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

wsprs0nthewind
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,233)
Powell, TN

Quote from dishy4candy:
Some men want a woman who'll forget how to breathe if they aren't there to say "breathe in, breathe out".

Good luck with finding that kind of woman. The men I've met are so undependable that they would forget to tell me when to breathe and let me die. NO THANKS!

4/5/2009 5:50:40 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

millionchances
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,977)
Slidell, LA

I am fiercely independent in many areas of my life. But when I need help, I will ask for it. My independence does not impact my compassion for needing and wanting a life partner.

4/5/2009 7:08:42 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
shygirl1121
Raleigh, NC

Quote from thebestman:
Men are not intimidated by women that are independent. It's more of "attitude" that runs them off.

Just like the phrase it's not what you say, it's how you say it. It's not so much the independence as how it comes across.
I'm sorry, but some men are intimidated by independent women. I am also independent.

4/5/2009 7:13:17 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
kd8hho
Anderson, IN

Quote from shygirl1121:
I'm sorry, but some men are intimidated by independent women. I am also independent.

im not intimidated by anything.

4/5/2009 7:48:21 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

beu24
Over 2,000 Posts (2,301)
Virginia Beach, VA

Men are also intimidated by me because I am aggressive.

4/5/2009 8:24:39 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

sandmolder
Over 2,000 Posts (2,206)
Vandalia, OH

Quote from checknuout2:
How does that song go? I can bring home the bacon and fry it in a pan. Well I can do all that and more. I was raised on a farm and us kids had chores to do, and we did them or else. I'm not afraid to carry in the firewood and take out the trash. I don't want to be put on a pedestal, all I would like is a relationship where both people help each other out.

Im looking for someone to walk beside me. Not in front of or behind me.

4/5/2009 8:59:06 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
mellodlynn
West Lafayette, IN

I believe they are. I have been single 10 years and I'm very independent. I think that is why guys don't ask me out.

4/5/2009 9:01:58 PM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
kd8hho
Anderson, IN

--Quote from mellodlynn:----I believe they are. I have been single 10 years and I'm very independent. I think that is why guys don't ask me out.----

......i might.. but.. the age thing would be a issue....

4/12/2009 3:19:32 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
joshypoo9
Las Vegas, NV

MOST women I know have claimed to be "independent women", yet, they want a guy who takes care of them all the time, and has $$$. My ex gf used to tell me all the time"I dont need a man to take care of me, I have my own $$$". Funny, how things changed when she wanted to settle down and I didnt have any $$$ to help her achieve this. They're "independent" only when it's convenient for them, IMHO.

4/12/2009 3:24:15 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

k_tothe_c
Over 2,000 Posts (3,551)
Las Vegas, NV

...not even slightly.

4/12/2009 3:48:54 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
joshypoo9
Las Vegas, NV

Quote from k_tothe_c:
...not even slightly.

Yes! True story...my ex used to tell me this ALL thie time, then...shit on me, moved to another state, and married some other guy who has $$$ and can "take care of her better".

They do still exist...believe it or not.

4/12/2009 7:30:07 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

spider77
Over 1,000 Posts (1,505)
Adamsville, AL

JUST KEEP on BRAGGING ABOUT BEING INDEPENDENT AND 1 DAY YOU CAN TELL YOUR BLUE HAIRED MATES AT THE NURSING HOME HOW INDEPENDENT A LIFE OF BEING A SPINSTER FOR 50 YRS. HAS BEEN. WOMEN AND MEN WHO BRAG ABOUT BEING ANYTHING ARE TURN-OFFS. A CONFIDENT PERSON PROJECTS WHO THEY ARE WITHOUT SHOUTING FROM THE ROOF TOPS. THE BIBLE SAYS " GOD GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE, BUT HE RESISTS THE PROUD".

4/12/2009 7:37:49 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  

tallestdiva
Flint, MI

Spider just said a mouthful. It's is wonderful to be independent but everyone wants to feel needed.

4/12/2009 8:03:37 AM Are men intimidated by an independent woman  
lukus41
Spring City, PA

Quote from spider77:
JUST KEEP on BRAGGING ABOUT BEING INDEPENDENT AND 1 DAY YOU CAN TELL YOUR BLUE HAIRED MATES AT THE NURSING HOME HOW INDEPENDENT A LIFE OF BEING A SPINSTER FOR 50 YRS. HAS BEEN. WOMEN AND MEN WHO BRAG ABOUT BEING ANYTHING ARE TURN-OFFS. A CONFIDENT PERSON PROJECTS WHO THEY ARE WITHOUT SHOUTING FROM THE ROOF TOPS. THE BIBLE SAYS " GOD GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE, BUT HE RESISTS THE PROUD".
Bold
your right dont some of these women make you sick on here.. they should have there own dateing site!! IT WOULD BE CALLED ''INDEPENDENT WOMEM FOR B*TCHES'''' HAHAHAH