Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

is listcrawler a scam

Making it significantly less of an ordeal and much more of a optimistic studying knowledge is the entire purpose of this report. dating sonora ca If there s a single subject we can all sink our teeth into it is a bit of workplace gossip. But, it is also accurate that on the internet dating does not actually permit for two persons to get to know every single other as well, mostly simply because they cannot physically study each other s physique language. russian girl ohmibod As for the ladies

best hookup bars in minneapolis

does any one else ponder this route? Over 40 and with a kid the solutions really feel more restricted for meeting an individual new. craigslist florence al personals The 1st chapter with forbidden story content material. PCMag. skipthegames bloomington Once you get started finding to know each and every other, don t be afraid to ask deeper inquiries to get a feel for how you will connect to each other.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

7/14/2008 5:05:22 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  

yankeefan27b
Over 1,000 Posts (1,384)
Stratford, CT

i used to smoke two packs of marb reds a day,then i stared rolling my own and now smoke about 5 a day,mainly cause they taste like shit...

7/19/2008 7:31:20 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  
blindone
Whitby, ON

The first time I quit, I used Wellbutrin. And it worked great.
Didn't smoke for a year and a half, but then a lot of things started happening and got stressed, so I started smoking again.
Almost 2 years since starting up smoking, I am quitting again. Cold turkey. It's been three weeks, today, since I've had my last cig.

9/5/2008 3:06:51 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

lsjlover
Surrey, BC

Has anyone tried smokeless cigarettes? I need my nicotine, I just dont want the tar and all the other shizzit

9/5/2008 4:41:07 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

foxy_woman_49
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,568)
Omaha, NE

Quote from v2_1:
Stella, thanks sweetie! I've heard about the accupressure, if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's done with lasers. They have about a 40% success rate.... not bad. I tried accupuncture about 6 years ago and it had no effect so I thought the pills would be a better choice.

Lattml, FILL THE PRESCRIPTION!! Having it sitting there, staring at you will give you some motivation. I understand your concerns about the depression. I felt the same way. But I wanted to wake up New Years Day without having to wonder about whether or not I could keep the resolution this year. The habits are the hardest part. It's hard to describe to someone who hasn't lived it. To me, having smoked this long some of this isn't even habit, it's an extension of an action that I've done for 30 years. Pick up the phone, light a smoke. I know that sounds like a habit, but it feels different. Psychologically, the call feels off because I'm not doing all I should be at the time..... that probably sounds nuts but I can't explain it any better than that.

As far as needing the nicotine, that's where this stuff is amazing. I had no, and I mean no, nicotine withdrawal. Cravings, yes, but I didn't miss it, didn't feel slowed down by it's lack in my system, nothing. And that has been what has tripped me up in the past. That screaming need for that jolt to my brain! Gone. It's pretty cool. If I can make it through finals without it, you can write without it. What have you got to loose? Try it!

Hello, Good for you!! Hugs back! Like I said, I missed my quit date. Only lasted 10 hours my first day. Each day since has been easier. I fell of the wagon again this week, but I can honestly say that if I had just had one cigarette, I'd have been fine. Instead, since I had a pack in front of me, they got smoked. But it was habit, not need.

As long as you aren't suffering any side effects, stay on it. It gets easier and easier as you go. I know that when I take that last pill a month and a half from now, I'll be done for good.

Let me know how it goes for you. I'll be keeping good thoughts for your success!

I googled Lattml nothing came up

9/5/2008 4:43:55 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

foxy_woman_49
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,568)
Omaha, NE

Stop Smoking Pill - Zyban

This stop smoking pill is Zyban, the trade name for a sustained-release tablet form of bupropion hydrochloride. This same drug, bupropion hydrochloride, has long been sold as an antidepressant, under the trade name Wellbutrin SR. Now it's being marketed as the first non-nicotine prescription treatment for smoking addiction.
How does the stop smoking pill work for smokers?

The drug boosts the body's levels of two "brain chemicals," dopamine and norepinephrine - the same thing that occurs with nicotine. Actions of these chemicals in the brain give people a sense of energy and well being. Nicotine produces the same feelings.

According to the advertisements, using bupropion allows smokers to get the same feeling, while weaning them off nicotine. For many people, this helps to reduce withdrawal symptoms and lessens the urge to smoke.

But like other nicotine replacement products, the stop smoking pill should be used in combination with a quit-smoking behavior modification program.

In one study, the stop smoking pill helped more smokers to quit than the nicotine patch. Using both the pill and the patch was even more effective, but the combination poses the risk of increasing blood pressure.

Zyban is usually taken twice a day - one pill in the morning and one in the early evening. It takes about a week for the pill to reach an effective level in the body. So smokers must start taking the pill before they quit smoking. Then you set a Quit Day within one to two weeks after starting treatment. Most smokers then take the pill for a total of seven to twelve weeks.

9/11/2008 12:09:52 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  
sassy0915
Quapaw, OK

Hello all, I am new to this chat site, and I wanted to respond to this post. Hope I am not being rude.

I have been a smoker for a long time. I smoke Misty's, use to be Marlboro Reds back in the 80's, but they were only $0.87 a pack then, LOL.

I am working on my Bachelors of Science in Biology, with a minor in Physical Science, and shortly will have my minor in Chemistry. My goal is to work in Pharmaceuticals or possibly Genetics. I type this to let you know I am not just on a soapbox.
The drug Chantix, while it may work for some, is in fact dangerous. Anyone who has had a history of depression should NOT take this. If you take any medication for or have a history similar to depression, do NOT take this medication. There are other alternatives for you.

Chantix will cause someone that is not depressed, or previously depressed, to become suicidal. There are a list of behaviors that would not seem that they go hand and hand with depression, but they in fact do. So you need to see your doctor's if you have a history of anxiety, depression, anger, mood swings, etc.

Zyban and Wellbutrin are given to help with depression as well as a stop smoking aide. There is really a split success with these. Some quit, some don't. I am not very familiar with Bupropion HCl, I will look that up for my own reference though. I work with HCl in the lab a lot, this acid is used to cut other chemicals; for example, in making aspirin, and in a lot of other chemical reactions.

The only way to be successful with quitting smoking will be to make major changes or alterations in your life. You can not follow the same routines, do all of the same things you would usually do, and expect to quit. There are many things in our lives that are triggers to smoking.
Show of hands here:
1. How many light up while drinking coffee, beer, other alchohol?
2. How many light up right after eatting?
3. While on the phone?
4. How many of you have to clean the screen of your computer regularly to get all the nicotine off of it?
5. How many light up while driving?
6. While watching TV?
7. As soon as you get up in the morning.
8. Have that "one more" before bed?
9. Be at work, watching the clock for when you can take that "smoke break"?

You have to make changes that will be difficult at first, but honestly will work. And you don't even need medications to do it.
Try sitting somewhere else in the house. No longer in your favorite easy chair, or at the same seat as usual at the dining room table. Remove all ash trays from the house. You want to quit, not accomodate someone else, which should not smoke in front of a friend trying to quit anyway. Find a jar to keep sugar free candy in. You don't want sugary candy, it works like a trigger. Take a piece when the craving gets to be too much. Also keep a jar for pennies. Every time you think of smoking a cigarette, put a penny in the jar. (There is a reason for this, and telling would waste the effect.) Compare with others who are doing the same thing, how much money is in the jar, and keep a record of how much goes in each day by emptying the jar every night.
Go for a short walk after eatting, or brush your teeth, no one likes the taste of a cigarette ruining that clean minty feeling. Drink water, it really does help. It flushes the cells in your body, gets rid of nicotine from your system. Other beverages do not do this, and soda is your worst enemy!
EXERCISE!!! This really does help, I have used this technique and did not gain or start eatting horribly. You will feel so good from releasing those endorphins, no need for a cigarette then. All nicotine does is allow the reuptake inhibitors in the brain to get messed up. If you are working your brain with exercise and water, you have a chance at getting things back like they should be, and that damn nicotine monkey will stay off your back. You will be suprised how quickly your cravings will go away, and remember to change as much as you can about your daily routine. Think about this too, wouldn't it be great to get through the winter without Bronchitis causing you to choke up half your lungs?

We all make excuses why we have not quit, or why we continue to smoke. And there is even the excuses of why we take up the habit again. If you have set a date to quit, you are not going to. If you are serious about quitting, what is wrong with today? This is the same about exercising. "I will start a routine on Monday." Why wait? Do you really want to hang on to those extra pounds for a few days to remember something meaningful? EXCUSES only satisfy the person giving them. You either make time to get healthy, or make time to get sick.
Okay, I am finally done. Hope I did not offend anyone, healthy choices or advice were my only intentions here.
Take care, and good luck to all.

9/16/2008 7:20:22 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  
hereagain2
Windber, PA

Chintax...how often do you have to take it? Is it covered under most insurance plans or do you have to pay full price for it?

9/21/2008 8:28:43 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  
fnilmn
McHenry, IL

Cold Turkey is the best way to quit. Drugs always have side-effects. Exercising until exhausted helps take away the anxiety and gives you back your lung capacity. Replace the cigarette to mouth motion by using lollypops or gum. I always liked the chocolate tootsie pops because they tasted the closest to tobacco. Avoid being around smoke as much as possible. Never tell yourself that just one will be okay because it only takes the one to start up again. It will take time but the urge will eventually subside. You just have to perservere. After awhile, you'll wonder why you started that habit in the first place.

9/21/2008 11:19:03 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  
no_one_special
Rural Retreat, VA

Quote from fnilmn:
Cold Turkey is the best way to quit. Drugs always have side-effects. Exercising until exhausted helps take away the anxiety and gives you back your lung capacity. Replace the cigarette to mouth motion by using lollypops or gum. I always liked the chocolate tootsie pops because they tasted the closest to tobacco. Avoid being around smoke as much as possible. Never tell yourself that just one will be okay because it only takes the one to start up again. It will take time but the urge will eventually subside. You just have to perservere. After awhile, you'll wonder why you started that habit in the first place.

Very good advice. I think I'll try that tomorrow. Just got 5 left.
I'll let you guys know how it's going.

Char

9/23/2008 7:03:50 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

britishgal
Aiken, SC

Thank you Sassy0915 - very informative on the smoking subject. I quit for 10 years and went back - my partner was a heavy smoker - no he's not dead now - I just moved to the States and left him in England!!
Yes, I have heard that Chantix can cause suicidal thoughts. Thanks again for posting the information - best one on this site...

10/4/2008 6:26:55 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

redjulie65
Beloit, WI

my dad quite cold turkey and he had been smoking for over 30yrs bye reading a book of something like that
he quite because he read what was in the cigs
and hasn't had one sence i think i should read it 2 might help me LOL

10/26/2008 8:07:32 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  

care1953
Penn Yan, NY

I have decided to stop smoking today. Can't stand the smelly clothes and house anymore. I have tried the pills and but could not stand the upset stomach, found myself nibbling all the time not to mention the few pounds I put on. And the dreams - OMG I went back to my "ex" what a night mare that was. I bought the patches and they left rashes on my arms and still itch. The Doctor said they don't work well anyways - no duhhh. So I'm down to the gum. My girl friend tried it and is now smoke free for over 2 months. It's the will power to really want to quit and now I think I'm there. And to think of the money I save. Here in NY, average pack is over 6.00. That's almost $200/mouth. I'm tried of supporting NY and this one more good reason to quit. Wish me luck!
Donna

10/28/2008 10:22:50 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  

cali1234
Over 2,000 Posts (2,065)
Exeter, CA

Good luck Donna, how is it going for you???

10/30/2008 11:36:06 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  

care1953
Penn Yan, NY

Quote from cali1234:
Good luck Donna, how is it going for you???

Not bad really. I have to admitt, I broke down and bought a pack on Monday but I limit myself to 3 a day and don't take them to work. And when you work with 27 men - that's not easy.

11/4/2008 12:17:47 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

toon45
Long Prairie, MN

Hi i have that but i got pepole telling me not to be cause of what they say about it im on ziband but i dont think thats the greats ether my doc was going to give me the patch to but i turn it down i ask what will happen if i smoke he said i would have a hart atac no thank you i realy want to ouit i got told my ardrys are bad and my walking is not going to get beter in fact wores from a cain to a walker to a wheal chair i dont all wase beleave doc.so i think if i can quit my be all just get a way by just useing a cain .but i to have smoke many of years and its like pulling teeth.when i some gods weed i dint not some a** much and one time i did quit but now day whith what you have to do to have thats is crazy so if you can help i would bevere grat full