Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

sites like usasexguide

Don t inform any person your final name, address, or workplace until you ve met in individual and have a strong connection. searcy dating General, college graduates and those with somewhat higher household incomes are specially likely to know someone who uses on the web dating sites or apps. This can be a fantastic way to aid make sure your match is who they claim to be in their profile. doublelist connecticut Individuals with zero empathy will in no way talk about the disadvantaged.

where to find a hookup online

You also want to understand as substantially as you can without overwhelming your date with inquiries or with stories of your own. dating in san bruno Get suggested matches every day and play Mutual Match with unlimited singles. As 2021 draws to a close, here are some of Pew Analysis Center s most striking research findings from the previous year. rubmaps riverside ca And although the pandemic may well have hampered quick term dating prospects, study by data firm Statista suggests that more people today have signed up to dating services over the previous handful of months.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2, 3
12/18/2007 4:16:54 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  
v2_1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,768)
McHenry, IL

I've read a lot of questions all over the forums about whether or not Chantix works and I wanted to share my experience in case it helps.

First and foremost, yes, there are side effects. The depression (if it hits) happens within the first two weeks. I remember being depressed other times I've quit, so I'm not sure that's because of the drug. You will have very vivid dreams. That's not all bad. Those are the only side effects I've had. I haven't been nauseous, although I know others who have.

Like anything else you can use to quit, you've got to really want to in order for it to work. With Chantix, you are supposed to start the meds, and then quit a week later. It took me 5 weeks to actually quit completely after I started. The longer you've been smoking and the more packs a day you've smoked, the longer it can take for you to quit. Stay on the pills for the full three months.

The nicotine cravings were gone in the first few days. What's was left for me was 30+ years of habit and routine to break. Takes a while.....

I'm kinda scared at this point because every time I've quit in the past, the holidays are what messes it up for me. Please keep a good thought, and if anybody wants to know more about how this stuff works, I'm happy to tell what I know.

12/18/2007 9:55:30 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  

stellablu
Over 2,000 Posts (2,835)
Saint Louis, MO

Keep it up, friend!

I saw something at the hospital about a new type of acupunture, too. Thought of you and lost. I'll get the info.

12/18/2007 10:52:45 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

lattml
Hazleton, PA

Hey V2, my doctor has suggested I try Chantix and I've been seriously considering it. But the possible depressive side effects are a concern, especially around this time of year. That's why if I do it at all, it will be after New Year's Day. But, yes, supposedly it does work pretty well. Yes, the habit and routine would seem to be the hardest thing to break. And as a writer, I find nicotine invaluable -- it breaks writer's block like nothing else! But for the first time ever, I am seriously considering quitting because I'm feeling the effects of smoking too many cigarettes for too many years.

12/19/2007 4:07:15 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  
helloeyes
Enfield, NH

Hugssssssss to you V2....... I have just started the chantix..... I can't say as I have quit yet.......but reading your post does give me the insentive to keep going with it....and your right......30+ years of habit is hard to break....good luck to you and I hope you have kicked it for good.

12/20/2007 4:33:52 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  
v2_1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,768)
McHenry, IL

Stella, thanks sweetie! I've heard about the accupressure, if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's done with lasers. They have about a 40% success rate.... not bad. I tried accupuncture about 6 years ago and it had no effect so I thought the pills would be a better choice.

Lattml, FILL THE PRESCRIPTION!! Having it sitting there, staring at you will give you some motivation. I understand your concerns about the depression. I felt the same way. But I wanted to wake up New Years Day without having to wonder about whether or not I could keep the resolution this year. The habits are the hardest part. It's hard to describe to someone who hasn't lived it. To me, having smoked this long some of this isn't even habit, it's an extension of an action that I've done for 30 years. Pick up the phone, light a smoke. I know that sounds like a habit, but it feels different. Psychologically, the call feels off because I'm not doing all I should be at the time..... that probably sounds nuts but I can't explain it any better than that.

As far as needing the nicotine, that's where this stuff is amazing. I had no, and I mean no, nicotine withdrawal. Cravings, yes, but I didn't miss it, didn't feel slowed down by it's lack in my system, nothing. And that has been what has tripped me up in the past. That screaming need for that jolt to my brain! Gone. It's pretty cool. If I can make it through finals without it, you can write without it. What have you got to loose? Try it!

Hello, Good for you!! Hugs back! Like I said, I missed my quit date. Only lasted 10 hours my first day. Each day since has been easier. I fell of the wagon again this week, but I can honestly say that if I had just had one cigarette, I'd have been fine. Instead, since I had a pack in front of me, they got smoked. But it was habit, not need.

As long as you aren't suffering any side effects, stay on it. It gets easier and easier as you go. I know that when I take that last pill a month and a half from now, I'll be done for good.

Let me know how it goes for you. I'll be keeping good thoughts for your success!

[Edited 12/20/2007 4:37:57 AM]

12/22/2007 2:18:23 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

malexand
Blanchester, OH

I listen to Bob and Tom in the mornings as I drive my routes and there have been a few comedians on that said they quit fairly easily by reading a book called 'The Easy Way to Quit Smoking." I tells about the effects of nicotine on the brain. I'm getting ready to order it, probably from Amazon.

12/25/2007 9:55:20 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

thepkk
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,872)
Ash Grove, MO

How much did those pill cost?? I am sure insurance won't cover it. Like when the patches were by rx only.

12/26/2007 11:02:27 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  
v2_1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,768)
McHenry, IL

Mal, if anyone can quit by reading a book, more power to em. I know it wouldn't work for me.

Paula, with the prescription is an info booklet with a coupon for $10 off each refill. My insurance covered it, but with the coupon it was still $70. for a month's worth. Cheap in the long run. I know Pfizer has a program for people who can't afford it. If you're interested, check their website. Hope that helped!

12/30/2007 4:05:04 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  
bigmoma
Mebane, NC

I just started chantix myself and it doed make me nausoius. I hope it works for me. I have had some people tell me there was a t.v. add that said it could be harmful. I haven't seen it. I was on this before and almost quit but then I lost me Mother and my man friend in a weeks time and that blew it. And, by the way, I have BCBS ins and they pay part. It cost me $50.00. Some doctors have it and will give it to you.

1/4/2008 7:55:39 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

dionesia
Seattle, WA

I am so afraid of weight gain!! Also smoking is so calming to my nerves. Have cut down but not sure about quitting. Just the thought makes me nervous. Also for those who don't smoke the pressure to quit is just plain annoying.

1/10/2008 7:49:47 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  
v2_1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,768)
McHenry, IL

I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't quit. If I'd let the pills work, I'd be done smoking now. Instead, I just couldn't break the habit part of the addiction.

I'm not through trying, but be absolutely certain that you are ready before you start this medication. It will work if you let it.

The Holidays won again.....

1/10/2008 3:03:01 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  
helloeyes
Enfield, NH

hugsssssssss v2...you will make it... still trying here....into it a month, and the habits are still the worse part for me to break also....

1/14/2008 6:49:12 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

hazemaze
Reno, NV

The best way to quit is cold turkey. Everything else is a scam. Its easy if you really want to. I've done it many times! lol

2/3/2008 8:36:51 PM Quitting? This stuff works....  

treecutter
Brick, NJ

i dont know if u guys have ever taken a colon cleanse or ate organic food. u should try an all mighty colon cleanse and eat only organic food and try slowly quitting, the cleanse will rid tons of toxins from your body which evidently makes u crave them just like a burger from mcdonalds which is loaded wit chemicals... that shit is like crack its addicting, just like your cigs. theres other cleanses for your internal organs which will help... ive done this stuff and i weigh less than i do wen i was 17 and i was never fat to begin with, so it has pos. side affects, it makes u think better and my whole body felt better after a few hours of this natural process, its like starting over FRESH! good luck with your situation, bye

[Edited 2/3/2008 8:40:03 PM]

2/4/2008 11:05:03 AM Quitting? This stuff works....  

bluboy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,974)
Elsberry, MO

Its been 9 days without one. Was 2 plus packs a day. So all you smelly people

Fun , I'm getting alot more kisses now !!!!!!!!!!!

Later, Blu : Be Happy, Safe and many Blessing.

Page: 1, 2, 3