Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best online hookup apps

1 threat is that they may possibly attempt to influence advice beliefs. asian singles nj There are other non necessary questions on eHarmony. However, at times, that man is in prison. omegle cash baker Or you can produce a new Facebook account.

cougar hookup free

He asked her out on a date Thursday evening to an Italian restaurant named Padella in London. chicago singles chat room A saxophone player filled the crisp air with jazzy notes, a Christmas tree sparkled in the unseasonable sunshine, and an artist displayed his colourful wares. This write up assists any individual wanting to pursue a healthier and realistic connection. syrian dating customs This app enables youngsters to meet, match & mingle with random customers anytime.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/4/2010 8:43:40 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

How many of you have found this to be true.

You fall for someone online, you have chatted for many months online and by telephone. You really believe you know them and have whom they are in your mind.
But then you meet and they are no where's near what you believed their Personality was. Even the chemistry is all wrong.

I am Not talking about looks, just our perception of them, their personality and the chemistry we believe is there.
I have had this happen several times before although I gave it a chance, the other person also felt it, so it didn't go any further.

Of course I have learned not to get too attached anymore Until After I met someone now, and gotten to know them in the most important way, real life.

Sorry if this thread has been done many times, that happens in forums and new people making threads.

Meet singles in your area here at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free for everything! Join now!
DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/4/2010 8:51:56 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  
arkansasnman
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,749)
Fayetteville, AR

The lady I'm seeing now is exactly like she was both on-line and the phone.

2/4/2010 8:55:16 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from arkansasnman:
That is cool..

That is probable cause both of you were totally honest with each other, don't you believe? Neither trying to be whom they aren't as well.

2/4/2010 8:58:30 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

onnightwings
Raleigh, NC

Quote from mylifealone2:

Of course I have learned not to get too attached anymore Until After I met someone now, and gotten to know them in the most important way, real life.

Since you can't have a decent romantic relationship w/out wanting to jump each other's bones on some level.....trying to start on online w/out even knowing if there is basic personal chemistry, is a shot in the dark, at best.

It's a great way to make new friends, but it's not a very efficient way to find a lover.

Merely leaving your house i sa much better way to accomplish that....

2/4/2010 8:58:53 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

bjn7
Cape Coral, FL

That is why it is best to meet after a few online exchanges that click & see if you click live & not wait for months of online chit chat.

2/4/2010 9:02:23 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  
lightning47
North Battleford, SK

Quote from bjn7:
That is why it is best to meet after a few online exchanges that click & see if you click live & not wait for months of online chit chat.

I agree. Meet as quick as you can and don't prolong it. Everyone needs to feel a spark on a face to face level.

2/4/2010 9:12:11 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

theshadow_
Beaver, UT

For me, I never think I know someone that I am chatting to on the net. You explained right off the bat that you never met, then when you did it wasn't what you thought it would be. That's because you never had the chance to spend time with them. Anyone can be anyone they want on the net. It's a fantasy world that some hope to become reality. It will never happen till you actually have that physical contack someone. And even then you really wont know them by meeting them one time

2/4/2010 9:19:13 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from onnightwings:
Since you can't have a decent romantic relationship w/out wanting to jump each other's bones on some level.....trying to start on online w/out even knowing if there is basic personal chemistry, is a shot in the dark, at best.

It's a great way to make new friends, but it's not a very efficient way to find a lover.

Merely leaving your house i sa much better way to accomplish that....
I totally agree, except that a friendship is about like finding a mate, if we met a online friend we may or may not click with them also like we thought..

2/4/2010 9:21:03 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from bjn7:
I agree there, that way we don't build up some perception of them that is way off.

But what about the very long distance ones, they can't always just run out and meet right away, the long distance relationships I have seen some work and they get
married and others I have seen fall apart.

[Edited 2/4/2010 9:23:00 AM PST]

2/4/2010 9:27:51 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

freenow31
Las Vegas, NV

Quote from arkansasnman:

Oh sure...Just rub it in....I'm telling Mom..

Trouble your going to be in big trouble NOW

2/4/2010 9:28:32 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

rrrsmile
Over 2,000 Posts (3,641)
York, PA

Face to Face is the only way to truly get to know someone....body language is about 80% of our normal conversation...on line we get "0". I think what happens is our minds kinda fill in with what we would like to see, feel, smell. So....no surprise when we do it can be a let down

Keep it "light" until you meet....see the other person as a friend and not a potential LTR.

[Edited 2/4/2010 9:29:12 AM PST]

2/4/2010 9:29:27 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from theshadow_:
For me, I never think I know someone that I am chatting to on the net. You explained right off the bat that you never met, then when you did it wasn't what you thought it would be. That's because you never had the chance to spend time with them. Anyone can be anyone they want on the net. It's a fantasy world that some hope to become reality. It will never happen till you actually have that physical contack someone. And even then you really wont know them by meeting them one time
Exactly,
Even then I have myself have dated some for 5 months and thought I knew them, many can keep up the act as to a hidden bad side of theirself even then and let you only see the good stuff. So I guess it is about taking a risk and hoping the one we are talking to is truely honest as we are.
I believe that is why I will only date some one very close to my area now, it takes a lot of dating to get to know them.

2/4/2010 9:31:56 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mercedes01
Over 1,000 Posts (1,211)
New South Wales
Australia

2/4/2010 9:37:52 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from rrrsmile:
Face to Face is the only way to truly get to know someone....body language is about 80% of our normal conversation...on line we get "0". I think what happens is our minds kinda fill in with what we would like to see, feel, smell. So....no surprise when we do it can be a let down

Keep it "light" until you meet....see the other person as a friend and not a potential LTR.
I agree

A little off from what my thread is but kind of relavent here.
I once let a guy web cam since he didn't have a photo up and promised he wouldn't do any funny business
Well immediately I kept seeing him looking away like he was listening for some thing in another room. Then he moved his hand in front of the camera, but I could see thru his fingers a woman walking by, then all of a sudden his web cam went off. He claimed the cat bumped the webcam. Yeah right.
He thought I was too stupid to figure out what was really up. But just like you said being able to see his body language told me alot, even though this wasn't as good as a real face to face meeting , it sure helped to spot a player..

2/4/2010 9:38:39 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Hello Mercedes,

2/4/2010 9:39:35 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mercedes01
Over 1,000 Posts (1,211)
New South Wales
Australia

Gday mylife

2/4/2010 10:13:52 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

okcaveman
Over 1,000 Posts (1,322)
Enid, OK

I can only say from personal experience, that the people I have meet in person from here are pretty much what they portrayed themselves as. I have made some good friends and found someone special from this site.

2/4/2010 10:18:00 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  
arkansasnman
Fayetteville, AR

Quote from freenow31:
Oh sure...Just rub it in....I'm telling Mom..

Trouble your going to be in big trouble NOW

I was just sayin'.

2/4/2010 10:22:24 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

freenow31
Las Vegas, NV

The problem with online dating is not the quality but the quantity. Mailboxes are full, people doing things they normally would not do in real life just to get your attention.

The most important aspect of online dating is convenience. You can take as long as you like to respond to emails...Draft and re-draft responses in an effort to portray a side that exists but weakly.

The internet is a tool like any other form of communication. The experience is the end goal.

2/4/2010 10:22:27 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from okcaveman:
I can only say from personal experience, that the people I have meet in person from here are pretty much what they portrayed themselves as. I have made some good friends and found someone special from this site.
That is great Congratualtions.

2/4/2010 10:45:50 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

doreen1111
Over 2,000 Posts (2,420)
Brenham, TX

Not trying to be an a** but ... mistake number one was the amount of time you invested in a cyber boyfriend. I don't waste too much time before meeting them... take a look at peoples profiles and you will see that 1/2 of them look like different people ... chemistry is more than good conversation .. and pics only say a thousand words if their recent. I've found too many times that I didn't even recognize someone because their pics were when they were young and hot ... 12 pack .. not the 8 gallon keg I met for coffee!!!! Don't waste time ... you don't know what you're getting until you meet them.... do "some" talking then meet them... just my advice! Good luck!

2/4/2010 11:48:11 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

theshadow_
Beaver, UT

Quote from mylifealone2:
Exactly,
Even then I have myself have dated some for 5 months and thought I knew them, many can keep up the act as to a hidden bad side of theirself even then and let you only see the good stuff. So I guess it is about taking a risk and hoping the one we are talking to is truely honest as we are.
I believe that is why I will only date some one very close to my area now, it takes a lot of dating to get to know them.

Life to me is a chance, and we don't find out things like you said, unless we take that chance. Everything we have gone through in life has brought us up to this point. I just hope as life goes on that I learn from most of these things we go through. Knowing everyone is defferent and even if I don't like some of the things someone does. I still have to let them be who they are and just worry about myself. It's not easy at times, but it's worth it in the long run.

2/4/2010 2:38:24 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from doreen1111:
Not trying to be an a** but ... mistake number one was the amount of time you invested in a cyber boyfriend. I don't waste too much time before meeting them... take a look at peoples profiles and you will see that 1/2 of them look like different people ... chemistry is more than good conversation .. and pics only say a thousand words if their recent. I've found too many times that I didn't even recognize someone because their pics were when they were young and hot ... 12 pack .. not the 8 gallon keg I met for coffee!!!! Don't waste time ... you don't know what you're getting until you meet them.... do "some" talking then meet them... just my advice! Good luck!
Ohhh sorry you misunderstood me, I dated them in real life for 5 months. As for online talking, they aren't my boyfriend Until I have met them in real life and had actual dates.

And you are right, half of them don't look like their pictures or are anything like how they make out their selves to appear as.

I do have a few friends that did talk along time to long distance possible mate and then when they met it was just as perfect as when they were online, and they even got married shortly afterwards.
Now I couldn't do that. I still have my rule of dating only near me..

2/4/2010 2:57:53 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from theshadow_:
Life to me is a chance, and we don't find out things like you said, unless we take that chance. Everything we have gone through in life has brought us up to this point. I just hope as life goes on that I learn from most of these things we go through. Knowing everyone is defferent and even if I don't like some of the things someone does. I still have to let them be who they are and just worry about myself. It's not easy at times, but it's worth it in the long run.
The main way I look at it,you both are either a team or you aren't. In a team both are always there for each other when it all goes wrong, and work together to work out solutions that work for both.
Or you aren't a team and it will never last.

2/4/2010 3:00:04 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

kinkycapitalist
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,385)
Atlanta, GA

Freenow was exactly like most of her naked pictures with the mule

2/4/2010 4:40:38 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from kinkycapitalist:
Freenow was exactly like most of her naked pictures with the mule

2/4/2010 5:27:05 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

musicdesign
Over 1,000 Posts (1,446)
Rocky Hill, CT

I always try to speak and meet ASAP. Don't want to waste my time on someone I have no connection with face to face.

2/4/2010 5:56:56 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

cole13000
Camden, NJ

The main problem with online dating is that there's not enough women here. You lose business if your product supply is low.

2/4/2010 5:59:04 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

bigbazborn
Over 2,000 Posts (2,920)
Buellton, CA

I bought my on-line personality at an estate sale.

2/4/2010 7:00:00 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

firstlight
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,970)
Strasburg, VA

The main problem with online dating is the ratio of quantity versus quality (as demonstrated by this insightful post)

Quote from cole13000:
The main problem with online dating is that there's not enough women here. You lose business if your product supply is low.

2/4/2010 7:03:15 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

hugsnlaughter
Over 2,000 Posts (3,267)
McKeesport, PA

Quote from bigbazborn:
was there a return policy? Just kidding, I have read your posts enough to know you do have a sense of humor even though I don't know you.

2/4/2010 8:39:29 PM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

chatte09
Linden, NJ

Quote from arkansasnman:

Same here (only it's the man I'm seeing, LOL). Thunder is exactly the man I got to know by email and phone. We emailed/IM'd/phoned for 6 months before we met. He's just a whole lot better in person.

2/5/2010 5:36:29 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

harleyorange
Lawrenceburg, KY

Hummm I do think also that you need to meet as soon as you both get to know each other a little. and just meet for lunch. and talk and see where it goes...

2/5/2010 6:08:22 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

klassyklown
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,618)
Bakersfield, CA

Hmmmm, I have met several people, and after spending some time getting to know them on line and on the phone, they were very much who I thought they were. They may not look exactly like their pictures, but the ones I really got to know before I met them never surprised me.

I will say this though, I have gotten to know people on line who I thought were one way, and as I got to know more about them, I realized they were not who I initially thought they were.

2/5/2010 6:13:15 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

tootsweet13
Over 2,000 Posts (3,967)
Woodbridge, VA

My experience has been much like Klassy's. Perhaps it's because I get to know people pretty well before I meet up with them, but I find that the people I have met have nearly always been exactly as they described themselves.

2/5/2010 6:22:29 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  
arkansasnman
Fayetteville, AR

People wanting to date that make stuff up are obviously not doing themselves any favors.

It just doesn't make any sense.......to date one assumes you'll have to eventually SEE each other.........duh.

2/5/2010 6:53:36 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from bigbazborn:

2/5/2010 6:54:32 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

Quote from tootsweet13:
My experience has been much like Klassy's. Perhaps it's because I get to know people pretty well before I meet up with them, but I find that the people I have met have nearly always been exactly as they described themselves.

BUMMER!

2/5/2010 6:55:40 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

tootsweet13
Over 2,000 Posts (3,967)
Woodbridge, VA

Well I haven't met YOU yet, Kink...perhaps you'll be my first DH horror story someday!

2/5/2010 6:59:26 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

And what a story it would be

2/5/2010 7:30:23 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from arkansasnman:
People wanting to date that make stuff up are obviously not doing themselves any favors.

It just doesn't make any sense.......to date one assumes you'll have to eventually SEE each other.........duh.
Exactly.

And some seem to think it's the only way to lure someone in close to them. I have even seen where a guy I had read his profile and after he noticed me, well he changed what his profile said to more match mine. That right there was a clue he was a fake. So I blocked him.
And in real life where I dated one guy for a few months and I had asked all the questions of like do use drugs etc, and he said, no I don't do drugs. Then to find out a few months later, he had a crank addiction, which of course explained his strange behavior at times.
Of course I dump them and go on now immediately.

I just seem to run into so many liars. Rather I talked to them shortly online and then met, or talked to them for many months online before meeting, and even met in real life and then dated and still find ones not honest as to who they are.

But now I have learned to listen to my gut feelings about them, and not so nieve and can spot liars a lot easier. And now if I feel anything wrong, I just end it without continuing dating, instead of finding out later I was right. Crazy world these days.

2/5/2010 7:42:13 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

rockpillow
Over 1,000 Posts (1,348)
Grafton, ND

Kind of like reading a book then going to a movie based on that book. The movie is never as good as my imagry as I read the book.

2/5/2010 8:16:19 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  
arkansasnman
Fayetteville, AR

I believe you, but I haven't seen it personally.

2/5/2010 8:19:40 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

barbaraajo
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,957)
Reston, VA

You are so right!

2/5/2010 8:36:13 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mrny2010
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
Brooklyn, NY

People Lie

2/5/2010 8:38:33 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

tootsweet13
Over 2,000 Posts (3,967)
Woodbridge, VA

First I thought you ^^^^ were joking, but then I saw a bunch of other racist comments you've made. WTH?

[Edited 2/5/2010 8:52:40 AM PST]

2/6/2010 12:40:10 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

ihatepof
Over 2,000 Posts (3,409)
Kirkland, WA

People's unrealistic expectations and safety hidden behind a web page.

2/6/2010 12:45:24 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

luvlyf
Johannesburg
South Africa

ive met two guys like that and things blew up because we never really got along,
words and meeting are totally not the same.
online he says the most wonderful things but in letters there is to much swearing and personally no ethics is wrong with some people?

2/6/2010 12:58:10 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

jocsmith
Memphis, TN

I think dating anytime is a risk but u should b mindfull that a chatline is a chatline and sick freaks r everywhere...HOLLA BACK

2/6/2010 6:00:34 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

krisshy
Tokyo
Japan

they said,distance..

2/6/2010 6:04:27 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

moto369
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,728)
Stafford Springs, CT

you don`t know if they are being real or not.....

2/6/2010 6:11:34 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

krisshy
Tokyo
Japan

thats a real problem,fake people..

2/6/2010 8:02:18 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  
east25
Boston, MA

In no particular order

1. Being dishonest about looks and other things as well.
2. Unrealistic expectations
3. Impatience.

2/6/2010 9:57:50 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

motownmaniax
New Baltimore, MI

As has been noted already, the number one problem with all this is its biggest curse—distance—that goes hand in hand with its biggest strength—unlimited access.

We have choices unhindered by distance. The problem is most contacts live too far away to get to know in a conventional sense. Cyber relationships don’t constitute “real” relationships in my book, no matter how great your “connection” is. You have no way to verify truthfulness, monogamy, physical personality traits including idiosyncrasies, habits, ticks, behavior. You’re going on faith and hoping the object of your desire is not manipulating you into believing they’re much more than they are.

Dating is always buyer beware. Online dating is that squared.

That said, there isn’t any reason a cyber relationship can’t be successful, but that success ultimately depends on personal, physical interaction. That means actually being together over time. This should only be treated as a very quick first step to a more conventional relationship and not the whole process itself.

2/6/2010 10:21:31 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

onnightwings
Raleigh, NC

Quote from motownmaniax:

Caveat Humptor?

2/6/2010 10:30:51 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

motownmaniax
New Baltimore, MI

Quote from onnightwings:
Caveat Humptor?

It'd never stand up in a court, though.

2/6/2010 11:16:33 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  
chrystalblue750
Tekonsha, MI

Its like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get untill you bite into one.

2/6/2010 11:26:50 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

redscorpio15
Katy, TX

Quote from theshadow_:
well said

2/6/2010 11:28:37 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

ergmore
Detroit, MI

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS I CAN'T GET TO KNOW ANYONE,I GUESS MY PROFILE RUN THEM AWAY, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO LIE ON IT. IT IS WHAT IT IS. I'LL E-MAIL FOR A WHILE THAN I DON'T HEAR FROM THEM NO MORE. BEING THE PRESON THAT I AM I DON'T PUSH IT YOU KNOW THAT ME.

2/7/2010 8:24:42 AM The Main Problem with Online Dating!!  

mylifealone2
Springfield, MO

Quote from motownmaniax:
As has been noted already, the number one problem with all this is its biggest curse—distance—that goes hand in hand with its biggest strength—unlimited access.

We have choices unhindered by distance. The problem is most contacts live too far away to get to know in a conventional sense. Cyber relationships don’t constitute “real” relationships in my book, no matter how great your “connection” is. You have no way to verify truthfulness, monogamy, physical personality traits including idiosyncrasies, habits, ticks, behavior. You’re going on faith and hoping the object of your desire is not manipulating you into believing they’re much more than they are.

That said, there isn’t any reason a cyber relationship can’t be successful, but that success ultimately depends on personal, physical interaction. That means actually being together over time. This should only be treated as a very quick first step to a more conventional relationship and not the whole process itself.
Well Said

And something many don't realize Lust feels just like love.

But it's take time and that physical interaction to build love. Love at first site is actual a lust. No matter what getting to know someone truely deep down and with time grows love. But lust for someone is just as painful to the heart when it all falls apart.
Also Love is more unconditional than lust as well.