Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

rubratings

The unfortunate side impact was that James had annoyed his buddy who had set up the date. free texas personals We re two months into a brand new relationship. A couple of of them seemed good enough, but I turned down dates for any quantity of motives (they have been too young, also old, and so on. best dating apps in your 30s uk Flaking out on plans tells a lot about a person—not pretty pleasant factors, primarily.

sites like rubmaps

Personally I choose web sites considering the fact that they appear to be additional effective in terms of time and travel distance. singles hot springs arkansas Just after spending nearly 15 years in a wheelchair, Modi, now 30, identifies as a body positivity and life style influencer and promotes debates and discourses on sexual wellness. We ve been by means of a lot, and life s also short for this mess. fdating romania Tell a close pal about the date, where you are going, how lengthy you count on to be there, who the particular person is, and their telephone quantity.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

1/17/2008 6:02:59 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

sunnyx56
Rochester, NH

I thought I would start this for people to get information on anything. I'm sure a lot of us have more in common then dating like hobbies, collecting things from a-z, or just. I collect to much, but will start with old bottles, I have 5 books on collecting old bottles, price guides, identification and how to dig. My problem is I know I have some old one {18??}, but have a lot that aren't worth anything. Right now I would love to get rid of the ones I think aren't worth anything, so can anyone provide a trade mark that would be on the bottom so I can get rid of some. Help Please, cause if left to me I'll keep all of them. I have never counted how many I have, but probably 2000+ and some have to go, so I can continue to dig for more. Sound like an addiction kind of, but it's something I can do and enjoy it. Sunny After this I may ask about old trucks or who knows what I have a lot of stuff? Thanks I am not looking to buy or sell anything just information. Sunny

1/17/2008 6:35:16 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

windddsong
Rochester, NH

Sunny you might want to check out ebay. One place for old bottles is Tom's old bottles

http://reviews.ebay.com/Tom-apos-s-Old-Bottles-ebay-store_W0QQugidZ10000000000017313

there is a reference link for you.

You can connect up from there to other bottle links! I used to dig them too. It's alot of fun. Never know what you are going to dig up. Handblowns with pontils were probably my biggest interest.

Hope you find some info on there and a clue as to price too. I like to look on ebay to see what things SOLD for not what they are asking.... so you can just follow it that way too.

Wind

1/17/2008 6:40:02 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

burnedonce
Duncan, OK

Sunny , do a search on the net maybe under "old bottles"? I usually get distracted because I find so many other interesting subjects.

1/17/2008 7:10:01 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

sunnyx56
Rochester, NH

Thanks, my computer skills aren't very good and when I do a search and come up with 54,284 sites my next response is DUH. And I go to something else, I truely believe there are people here who can tell me right off the top of their head mark #^#@*^ was made in 1940 and worth 0 Sunny

1/17/2008 7:51:20 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

sweetness1954
Hebron, IN

Sunny, Barnes & Noble's has books on collections, you might find a book there. I have for many different collections.

1/17/2008 8:06:44 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

auburnlady
Tarentum, PA

I sent you an email on bottle price guides, please let me know if I can be of any other help.

1/17/2008 8:21:18 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

thepkk
Springfield, MO

Agree with you Sunny on that last post of yours.

1/17/2008 10:14:56 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

sunnyx56
Rochester, NH

thanks everyone, but I put this here for anyone looking for anything. Sunny

1/17/2008 11:42:02 AM Could anyone provide me information on?  

toytown
Paris, KY

Sunnyx56, I collect pocket knives . Do you have any for sale.

1/17/2008 12:00:29 PM Could anyone provide me information on?  

blueshortcake
Stanford, KY

Sunny, the public library has books on such things. The best part is you can take them home and study them. All you need is an ID and address to present to the library in your area to get a card. Your taxes pay for it-so use it.

1/17/2008 12:16:40 PM Could anyone provide me information on?  

charmie
Glasgow, MT

Sunny, look at the necks of the botles first. You will see a seam...if it goes up over the lip of the bottle it is newer and not worth much, generally. It the seam stops and it looks like the neck was added on, that means it is a blown piece and is worth more...maybe. Kovels has an excellent book on old botles.

I don't collect them but I did buy 2 over 25 years ago. They were in an antique shop waay up on a shelf. I had been studying decanters and saw them as valuable, so I bought them. One was $7.00 and the other was $5.00 I researched them, took them to Sotheby's in NYC, had them appraised. Whoo-Hoo! The larger one (7.00) is now insured for $5,000 and the smaller one is insured for $3500.
I won't sell them for under 50% of the total each. They are in mint condition.

Here are some pics:

this is the larger one ---7" tall. Worth the most. These were dated c. 1770 each. It has stepped shoulders and a "foot" on the bottom. This was probably used as an individual wine decanter at a setting for a dinner party.

This is the bottom of the same bottle...note the "kick" or pontil mark. It proves that the piece was mold or mouth blown. The bottle is blown onto a rod and then at just the right time during cooling, the bottle is snapped off of the rod, thus giving a rough pushed up area on the bottom of the bottle. This is a good thing to find.

this is the acid etched grapevine design on the mallet shaped body of the decanter

here is the smaller one.

note the 'applied' handle to the body of the bottle. This is done by heating the glass and bending it and at the same time applying it to the main piece.

These are my babies. For some reason they have survived many moves and are still okay!

Would love to see some pics of the bottles you like the best.

1/17/2008 1:04:55 PM Could anyone provide me information on?  

sunnyx56
Rochester, NH

No Toytown, I am not trying to buy or sell anything, I don't think it would be legal to do that on here. You can post for information or if anyone else collects. Charmie those are beautiful and I'm glad you still have them. But digging your own is like being on a treasure hunt. Once you locate where they are and start moving the soil and find one, then the fun begins, because you have to be careful not to break it. And when you get all around it clear enough to get the bottle out and you hold it up and look at it it amazing. I can date bottles some what by tops and seams. So when you get it out of the ground and it not broken and you notice it's over a 100 years old it's just like wow. And the only thing better is watching somone else dig one up and watching their eyes I don't know how to put it into words. Sunny

1/17/2008 3:22:06 PM Could anyone provide me information on?  

sorprano
Wayne, NJ

sunny: ever try finding old red machine coke soda bottles that were like a dime then or anything with coke on it--i recall as a kid an old store was torn down and there was an old coke antique sign on property left on the side as garbage maybe 6 x 4 feet--i asked for the sign and kept it some 25 yrs--sold it for $2500 ---

1/17/2008 3:38:42 PM Could anyone provide me information on?  

knightnyte2
Spring, TX

sunny.. send me an email about your interest. i recently donated about 30 old collector guides of various glass books to a local charity. i find those old guides all time, but if i buy them for someone, i want to send them right along and get my money back as well. at one time i had an interest in glass, but that faded pretty fast. like you, i collect too many different items. somewhere in the attic, wrapped in newspapers, i have a collection of old salt/pepper shakers. I've had decent offers for the sterling silver stuff, but its all or nothing.
half my projects in my garage deal with old tools and stuff. I enjoy rewiring and making things work again. I have several old brass GE fans out there, so many old tools, including the first cresent wrench and another, monkey wrench... old wood planes, buck saws, about 75 old hand saws,... there is gold in some of the old stuff.. i can't sell much of it though! Call me a packrat!

1/17/2008 3:51:41 PM Could anyone provide me information on?  

louis666
Charlottesville, VA

packrat - Aren't those old wood tools, planes, drills etc a hoot?.
I have a bunch of misc item from my grandparents and inlaws. Nice to look at them now and then. Welcome to nostalgia. I also have some of the old fans, massage vibrators, hgair dryers. My favorite are the old time phonographs with the morning glory speakers.

Page: 1, 2