Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames women

Other folks support folks uncover their match with compatibility games, filtering alternatives, and extra. bc personals If you each swipe right, you can send messages and set some thing up. In a time when sustaining sobriety is challenging, connecting with other alcohol free of charge people today could be valuable. fake omegle conversation maker You must report them to the platform you are employing and block them, too.

top free hookup apps for android

These are actual dating stories told by real people today and vividly brought to life with all the drama, romance and comedy they deserve. chula vista dating This is much more entertaining to ask than what is your preferred show due to the fact it s a small additional nuanced and offers insight into the varieties of characters that capture your date s attention. There is no pressure and tension that you find meeting folks in public locations. vietnam sex price Dating web sites can wreck your self esteem.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/9/2011 2:18:01 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,119)
New Orleans, LA

I searched for a current thread on this but they're all "no more posts allowed", and I have an issue.

Anyway, I had a first meet this past Friday and it went very well. He looked like his pics, he was very much a gentleman, and I'm sure he's as nice as he seems.

He's also a widower of four years, and is just getting back into the dating scene, but I don't doubt that he is "ready".

He was also a great kisser, and chemistry was there.

My "issue", is his bad breath. For the first part of our kissing session, he had gum in his mouth so I didn't really notice. Then he "had to get rid of his gum", and it was very shortly after that, that I noticed the problem.

It was so bad, I stopped kissing him... practically in the middle of a great kissing session. I knew he had to feel it so I told him I didn't think we should be getting so familiar with each other on the first meet. I didn't know how to say "Dude... I like kissing you but your breath is atrocious!!"

I pulled up the old "bad breath" threads, and there were lots of posters that advised to do just that. There is no way I would tell someone that I barely know, that their breath stinks to the point of I can't stand kissing them.

Anyway... because of that... I feel bad. He text twice yesterday, emailed me once today, and I just let a call go to voice mail just now. I'm not avoiding him, I'm just trying to decide what to tell him. I know I should tell him the truth, but I can't. I can't even imagine what it would be like to hear from someone you've kissed that they really like you but they can't handle your bad breath.

I also don't think there's a "kind" way for a stranger to say it. Might be easier once already in a relationship with them, but this was one meet.

I'll probably go with, "you seem like a really nice guy, I just didn't feel the chemistry I need in order to pursue a relationship". Not a lie, considering the bad breath was a huge turn off.

Anybody ever been told this?? How did it make you feel? Anybody ever done this, with a new person in your life? How did they react?

Just curious

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/9/2011 2:20:49 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

jets_fan
Coram, NY

Tell him the truth. I just want to find out what happens when you do!

1/9/2011 2:21:13 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

dennorske
Hemet, CA

just tell him, maybe nobody has said anything to him before.

1/9/2011 2:22:27 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

Quote from jets_fan:
Tell him the truth. I just want to find out what happens when you do!

If he was an a**hole, I would!

1/9/2011 2:23:28 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  
beachingirl
Over 2,000 Posts (2,532)
Stone Harbor, NJ

Wow, Binder... that sucks!!!

1/9/2011 2:23:46 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

Please don't tell me to "just tell him"! If it was that easy... I'd have done it!

I'm curious as to how others have handled it, either being told, or telling.

1/9/2011 2:24:50 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

dorval
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,105)
Harrington Park, NJ

wow you connected with someone = good for you.............the man is interested, pick up the damn phone............maybe he had garlic the night before (bad planning) if it is poor hygiene, let him know...........good kissers are hard to find these days..........

1/9/2011 2:24:52 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

claudius5
Over 2,000 Posts (3,479)
Petaluma, CA

Binder, I know it would be hard, but I think you should level with him because maybe he is unaware that he has a problem. Maybe it is a medical problem from meds he might be taking. Since everything else went so well, at least give him a chance to correct the problem. I just feel if he knew it, he would do something about it; as it might be a problem with him connecting with anyone. I think he would be thankful that you were truthful with him.

[Edited 1/9/2011 2:25:20 PM ]

1/9/2011 2:25:52 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

nostringsjstfun
Grand Junction, CO

Start things off the right way and be honest. Let him know that you did enjoy it but his breath needs some work. If he's really into you, he will listen and not get offended.

[Edited 1/9/2011 2:27:26 PM ]

1/9/2011 2:27:44 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

joey33icerain
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,002)
Linden, NJ

honesty is key i think he wouldnt mind

1/9/2011 2:28:24 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

hotpink36
Springfield, OR

Ok I guess I was on a garlic kick and I had this guy say....... Wow you like the garlic do ya...... We both laughed threw a couple altoids in my mouth drank a big glass of water..... Of course I was embarassed but happy he said something....... The next time I was alittle self consious and he could feel it so he made a joke about nice and minty and the kissing was on!!!!!

1/9/2011 2:28:34 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

75scott
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,089)
Parker, CO

Might be worth it to tell him. Could be something simple and you mentioned the chemistry was there minus the crap-mouth.

To answer your question, no. I've never been told that and I've never had to tell a woman that.

1/9/2011 2:29:00 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

nohurry61
Titusville, FL

Be "original", be honest. Best of luck to you!

1/9/2011 2:30:20 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

lakersrock
Over 2,000 Posts (2,780)
Springville, UT

be honest. after the kissing session i dont think the no chemistry line will work. and it would be a lie. you said chemistry was there.

and yes i saw where you said it wouldnt be a lie.

1/9/2011 2:30:40 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

sherri_
Over 2,000 Posts (2,518)
Erlanger, KY

Quote from binderdundat:

I pulled up the old "bad breath" threads, and there were lots of posters that advised to do just that. There is no way I would tell someone that I barely know, that their breath stinks to the point of I can't stand kissing them.

Sweetie...my friend...if y'all are inside each other's mouths then I think it's gone beyond "barely know", ya know?

You're usually direct and you have WAY more tact than I normally do (ahem, you shoulda been a fly on the wall here when l'il Sis was still living here and got into a love of garlic one summer and it eeked out of her pores).

It would be a shame to miss out on what could be very special on account of something so easily corrected, that he is probably unaware of. It's not a sin to have bad breath and you might be helping him...he might have a cavity or infection he is unaware of that could be nipped in the bud before it causes real damage.

1/9/2011 2:30:53 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

testnthwtr65
Wildwood, NJ

I've never been told this but if i play it out in my mind, i'd like to think that if i liked you as much as you seemingly liked me,then of course by now i'd be sweatin it a little, and as long as i thought there was hope ... i'd be kinda relieved. It's so easily fixable!

1/9/2011 2:31:09 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

Quote from hotpink36:
Ok I guess I was on a garlic kick and I had this guy say....... Wow you like the garlic do ya...... We both laughed threw a couple altoids in my mouth drank a big glass of water..... Of course I was embarassed but happy he said something....... The next time I was alittle self consious and he could feel it so he made a joke about nice and minty and the kissing was on!!!!!

I wish it'd been garlic! Or anything else stinky like that! But it was definitely something medical. Whether halitosis, or rotten teeth.

1/9/2011 2:31:14 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

nostringsjstfun
Grand Junction, CO

Quote from hotpink36:

I don't cook anything without garlic so I always have gum or mints close by

1/9/2011 2:31:40 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

frgprnce
Baltimore, MD

I would say something. That is something minor that is easily correctable.

I would hate to miss out on something possibly good over a cosmetic (so to speak) flaw.

1/9/2011 2:33:51 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

korndawg
Ponca City, OK

Girl grow the hell up...just because some guy has bad breath you want too dump him?...that is plain messed up, Honestly if I was the guy and saw this thread..I would of told ya too stop acting like a child and too go f**k off....

too me it sounds like you are just trying too find an excuse too get rid of him, because you have issues too deal with yourself when it comes too dating...

Say you did hook up with him and a week, months or years later he does something you don't like..you just going too walk out on him like a spoiled little child, and not talk too him again?

*We have been friends a while now, and I only speak too you as a friend would*

[Edited 1/9/2011 2:36:24 PM ]

1/9/2011 2:34:25 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

statuegoddess
Over 1,000 Posts (1,060)
Virginia Beach, VA

I also don't think there's a "kind" way for a stranger to say it. Might be easier once already in a relationship with them, but this was one meet.

binder; i like you and say this with respect;

i do not understand if he is such a 'stranger' why you had your tongue in his mouth. you should never feel 'shy' or embarrassed to say something to someone you just met if you are comfortable enough to tongue them down.

Maybe you should have waited and jumped into swapping body fluids to fast.

1/9/2011 2:34:29 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

crzyblubttrfly
Over 1,000 Posts (1,814)
Fort Smith, AR

You are going to have to say something or move on. You won't be attracted very long if you associate him with Yuck. I had a friend at work that had to go to the doctor for it. She had excellent hygiene. It had to do with her medicine she was taking. Something about Sulfur, it was rotten eggs awful. But they gave her something for it.

[Edited 1/9/2011 2:34:56 PM ]

1/9/2011 2:34:42 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

hotpink36
Springfield, OR

Ok mention that you have a tooth bothering you and need to get into your dentist this might open the conversation up maybe he's been putting it off and this is the push he needs

1/9/2011 2:37:04 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

testnthwtr65
Wildwood, NJ

....orrr you could tell him to eat alot of beans, then you wouldnt notice his breath

1/9/2011 2:37:52 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  
leftfooted
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,391)
West Covina, CA

Quote from binderdundat:
I know I should tell him the truth, but I can't. I can't even imagine what it would be like to hear from someone you've kissed that they really like you but they can't handle your bad breath.

looks like you might have to change your screen name,since you have not been there and done that regarding telling someone they have a mouth odor....

1/9/2011 2:38:29 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

bigdaddyforyou
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,342)
Henderson, NV

He was also a great kisser, and chemistry was there

I think it is cool that you were making out on the first date, did you play hide the Salami

1/9/2011 2:38:50 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

debi1964
Over 1,000 Posts (1,184)
Riverhead, NY

Hi Binder....what if he has a bad tooth and is having it removed this week? problem would be solved, but you'll never know because you never said anything. J/s. Good luck on this..your in a tight spot, but if a guy was a great potential, then I ask? "What do you have to loose"? There's no easy way to say it, but try to make a joke out of it and go from there..

1/9/2011 2:38:56 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

lakersrock
Over 2,000 Posts (2,780)
Springville, UT

Quote from hotpink36:
Ok mention that you have a tooth bothering you and need to get into your dentist this might open the conversation up maybe he's been putting it off and this is the push he needs

why play any type of game or trick to bring it up.

binder IMO your a kind, intelligent woman and know how to be tactful. simply be honest and tell him you had a nice time, thought it went well, but you noticed a breath issue with him and its a turn off for you.

you know honesty.

[Edited 1/9/2011 2:40:54 PM ]

1/9/2011 2:39:25 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  
mongo_returns
Tucson, AZ

....orrr you could tell him to eat alot of beans, then you wouldnt notice his breath

Mongo think this is good idea.

1/9/2011 2:39:33 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

I kiss all my first meets if there's a connection. Doesn't mean they aren't still strangers!

1/9/2011 2:39:43 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

kindness68
Dedham, MA

I would say something to him about it. He might not realize it and hopefully it can be be corrected.

1/9/2011 2:41:43 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

turtledove4u
Over 2,000 Posts (3,402)
York, PA

It is so fixable...and he seems good otherwise, YES? Most likely, it is a dental issue which needs fixed.

1/9/2011 2:44:24 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

Quote from lakersrock:
why play any type of game or trick to bring it up.

binder IMO your a smart intelligent woman and know how to be tactful. simply be honest and tell him you had a nice time, thought it went well, but you noticed a breath issue with him and its a turn off for you.

you know honesty.

I appreciate all the advice, but this thread wasn't about asking for advice. I am curious if anyone has run into this issue, on either end.

For all of you that say "just tell him"... please add to your posts how you would feel if someone told YOU that. Don't be scared.... put the shoe on the other foot and "honestly" think about how it would make you feel.

That's why I want to hear from people that have binderdundat. You can all have as many opinions as I do about it. I want to hear the reality of it.

1/9/2011 2:47:41 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

testnthwtr65
Wildwood, NJ

Quote from testnthwtr65:
I've never been told this but if i play it out in my mind, i'd like to think that if i liked you as much as you seemingly liked me,then of course by now i'd be sweatin it a little, and as long as i thought there was hope ... i'd be kinda relieved. It's so easily fixable!

i did put myself in his shoes...i always do.. thats how you learn how to treat people

1/9/2011 2:48:51 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  
dasnixter
Over 1,000 Posts (1,639)
O Kean, AR

He might have decided that chewing gum would alleviate the problem.

He could very well have issues w/cavities or an abscessed tooth that is causing this problem.

At the very least if you tell him he will have the knowledge to take action.

If you like the guy you should tell him no matter the impact it could have on the relationship.

He might know it already, yet is compromised by lack of finances.

If nothing else fix the guy up before you send him on his way...

1/9/2011 2:49:08 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

lakersrock
Over 2,000 Posts (2,780)
Springville, UT

i would want to know the truth.

1/9/2011 2:52:25 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

nostringsjstfun
Grand Junction, CO

Quote from binderdundat:
I appreciate all the advice, but this thread wasn't about asking for advice. I am curious if anyone has run into this issue, on either end.

For all of you that say "just tell him"... please add to your posts how you would feel if someone told YOU that. Don't be scared.... put the shoe on the other foot and "honestly" think about how it would make you feel.

That's why I want to hear from people that have binderdundat. You can all have as many opinions as I do about it. I want to hear the reality of it.

Yes it is awkward to do because you don't know what will happen. Yes it has happened to me but I am upfront about things and it turned out to be a good thing. Like I said, start things off the right way and just be honest with him.

1/9/2011 2:54:32 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

imjustavg
Over 1,000 Posts (1,208)
Colorado Springs, CO

Quote from claudius5:
Binder, I know it would be hard, but I think you should level with him because maybe he is unaware that he has a problem. Maybe it is a medical problem from meds he might be taking. Since everything else went so well, at least give him a chance to correct the problem. I just feel if he knew it, he would do something about it; as it might be a problem with him connecting with anyone. I think he would be thankful that you were truthful with him.

Claudius is right on this one! Since you said he is just getting back into dating, he might not realize it. But if you insist on taking the easy way out, send him tic tacs and the business card from a local dentist. If he is as intelligent as you thought, he will take care of the problem, BUT he might be too embarrassed to call you again.

1/9/2011 2:58:39 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

statuegoddess
Over 1,000 Posts (1,060)
Virginia Beach, VA

to each their own;

kissing is really personal for me, ESPECIALLY if tongue is involved!

I don't do it!

1/9/2011 3:02:02 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

2wheelpilot
Blackshear, GA

i have been there, not the same situation or circumstances.

the last girl i dated was a great kisser and i enjoyed it very much until one night we went out to eat and i am guessing the garlic was just too much.

i tried but i just could not do it, i had to tell her, as much as i did not want to because of not wanting to hurt her feelings or cause an argument.

we both had a good laugh about it and luckily she did understand.

whether or not you plan on carrying on any further with this man, imho, it would be nice of you to let him know about the problem. consider it common courtesy, especially if you did enjoy his company. if he truly is an adult, he should appreciate the knowledge.

would you want someone to tell you, even if it hurts your feelings a bit?

-chip

1/9/2011 3:02:57 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  
windwalker57
Longwood, FL

Hey, tell him in an email. It's less uncomfortable, for both
and if he is offended, or embaressed he won't contact you again anyway.

I have a feeling though that he knows he has a problem thats why he
was chewing gum at first. But then he wanted to continue kissing and got
rid of it hoping his breath would be okay.

My ex husband is a smoker and one of his girlfriends carried gum or mints
with her and always offered it to him. You could try that and if he's smart he will
realize like anyone would why you keep giving him gum or mints.

Or you can meet again and when you first kiss, very non chalant say you must have ate something spicy here's a mint. onless he's dense he'll get the hint.

I think anyone who gets offered a mint, checks their breath right.

Hope this helps.

1/9/2011 3:19:43 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

I just emailed him...

"I don't know how to say this, so I'm just going to come right out and say it okay?

I had a nice time the other night, but there are a couple of issues that are making me hold off on continuing any further.

First, and possibly least biggest, is that I noticed a breath issue when we were kissing. Bad breath can have several causes, so I don't want to make it a deal breaker if it can be fixed, but I did want to make you aware of it (if you weren't already)."

He's online, so I'm sure I'll hear back soon... or not.

And for the record... the issue was never about me being upset if it doesn't work out. It was about trying not to hurt someone that has been through a lot and is just coming back up to the surface.

Sometimes NOT saying something IS the kind thing to do.

1/9/2011 3:22:28 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

rocket000
Over 2,000 Posts (2,974)
Suwanee, GA

Binder,

I had a roommate who didn't bathe....EVER.

As Claudius mentioned the guy might have a medical problem or it could be medication. If so, he should purchase chlorphyll tablets which are a natural internal deodorizer.

Other potential culprits:

He may not be drinking enough fluid.

He may not be properly brushing and flossing. Some people never floss!

He might need to make an appointment with a dentist as he may have an infection in his mouth, a rotting tooth, abcess, etc. Some people refuse to go to the dentist because of fear.

Possible conversation in person or over the phone. It's important not to apologize or act embarrassed but just state this as a "fact"...Practice saying this 20-30 times so it rolls comes out naturally.

"John, I enjoyed our get together and have to say you're a really good kisser too. I hope that if I ever have this challenge that someone would be kind and brave enough to tell me. You have bad breath. I'm not certain if you're on medication, have a medical problem or need to visit the dentist".

Than you need to be quiet. He might be embarrassed but he might tell you something that will give you a clue as to his condition. If not, your telling him might prompt him to see his doctor and/or dentist for a check up.

Yes, it's an awkward conversation but you have nothing to lose. If he's offended, you won't hear from him again. He may be grateful, rectify the problem and you might wind up with a great guy.

Let us know how it turns out.

[Edited 1/9/2011 3:26:04 PM ]

1/9/2011 3:27:30 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

badcatjack
Wilmore, KS

Well if you don't say, then he won't know why your not into him anymore and you'll leave him with thinking you have some personal issue...meaning IT'S YOU.

When was in school, had a typing teacher(ya typing, I'm old) who had killer breath that'd cause your hair to part in an attempt to escape the oncoming winds. So, whole class decided as a hint to her, we left a couple bottles of Scope in her desk and cabinet.

1/9/2011 3:32:00 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

nottoolate2011
Waco, TX

Don't continue to avoid him or the issue. Tell in a direct manner and remember to tell him why you are otherwise attracted to him. This may be able to be corrected.
Consider this little known, but historic fact: CLARK GABLE had chronic bad breath all his life and he was a real life Hollywood player and not just on the screen.

1/9/2011 3:51:38 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

rocket000
Over 2,000 Posts (2,974)
Suwanee, GA

To answer your question.

1. I had a family member with HORRIBLE breath. Brushing and flossing were not enough. Of course she was embarrassed. Turned out it WAS a dental problem. It took time and money to correct but it was well worth it!

2. When I worked in NY, I hired my replacement. By mid morning she stunk! Everyone notice this and it was very awkard. I was assigned the UNpleasant duty of telling her in a kind way. I did this one evening after work. The following morning she came into work showered with wet hair but by 11 am she stunk. It was obviously a chemical or medical problem. At this point I was leaving so it was someone else's challenge.

3. Two years ago I had the housemate who never bathed, didn't brush her teeth....EVER! I was horrified. She was a non traditional student and almost 28 years old. I contacted the mental health dept of her college and asked "what" I could do? I can speak publicly in front of groups on financial issues but was paralyzed about having "THIS" conversation one on one. The mental health counselor told me NOT to p*ssyfoot around as she was going to be impacted going forward in her life without addressing the matter. I practiced for WEEKS before speaking with her. Not only was she oblivious she didn't do a damn thing about it. Possible reasons, depression, hadn't been taught at home, victim of sexual abuse.

1/9/2011 3:54:21 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

stobil
Over 2,000 Posts (2,388)
Gallatin, TN

How can a kiss be good if they have bad breath? That's requirement no.1

1/9/2011 4:02:04 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

mustangwriter
Over 2,000 Posts (2,034)
Boerne, TX

I had an employee with this problem.
One day I gave him a couple of dollars and asked him to run to the drug store and buy me some breath mints. Bewildered he did. When he returned he handed them too me.
I popped one and said "Here you'll probably will want the rest". He got the hint and appreciated the way I did it by not embarrassing him.

1/9/2011 4:02:50 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

Quote from stobil:
How can a kiss be good if they have bad breath? That's requirement no.1

Did you just skim the OP? He was chewing gum when we first started kissing... and it was good!

1/9/2011 4:10:45 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

Thank you Rocket and others (I'm not like MaryG who can remember everything everyone has posted! don't know how she does it!?) for the examples of having dealt with it in the past.

The email has been sent, against my better judgment. Again, not so much because I'm concerned for me, but because of my concern for him.

He's basically just making his debut back into the dating world, after having lost his wife 4 years ago. His daughter was the one that setup his profile (on another site). He said he's had a couple of coffee meets, but that our meet was his first evening meet.

It just feels like kicking someone in the guts after they've finally gotten up their nerve to take that first big step.

I feel worse sending it than I would've if I'd just ignored him.

1/9/2011 4:16:50 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

testnthwtr65
Wildwood, NJ

Quote from binderdundat:
Thank you Rocket and others (I'm not like MaryG who can remember everything everyone has posted! don't know how she does it!?) for the examples of having dealt with it in the past.

The email has been sent, against my better judgment. Again, not so much because I'm concerned for me, but because of my concern for him.

He's basically just making his debut back into the dating world, after having lost his wife 4 years ago. His daughter was the one that setup his profile (on another site). He said he's had a couple of coffee meets, but that our meet was his first evening meet.

It just feels like kicking someone in the guts after they've finally gotten up their nerve to take that first big step.

i'd be nervous too but i think you will be fine

[Edited 1/9/2011 4:18:18 PM ]

1/9/2011 4:28:29 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

rocket000
Over 2,000 Posts (2,974)
Suwanee, GA

Binder,

I wouldn't consider this kicking someone when they're down. If he's ready to date, he needs to be prepared.

Nobody looks forward to having these types of conversations. Most people WOULD want to know so they start seeking solutions to the problem.

Delivery is always key. If the recipient senses this is not meant as an attack, but comes from a place of care and concern, it makes it more palatable.

1/9/2011 4:30:42 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

2wheelpilot
Blackshear, GA

Quote from binderdundat:

it had to be done. better now then later. if he didn't know, you just did him a huge favor by telling him so he can nip it, before someone with less tact embarrasses him in public or something similar.

jmo

-chip

eta: and now you may get some more kissy face time and that is always a plus

[Edited 1/9/2011 4:33:18 PM ]

1/9/2011 4:31:16 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

sugarnspicetoo
Port Saint Lucie, FL

pay attention.. he was "CHEWING GUM" so he already knows his breath is bad.

bring it up... ask him about his chewing gum and go forward with whatever answer he gives you to comment .. oh, I though you might have been chewing gum to sweeten your breath or whatever..

1/9/2011 4:36:19 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

Quote from sugarnspicetoo:

pay attention.. he was "CHEWING GUM" so he already knows his breath is bad.

bring it up... ask him about his chewing gum and go forward with whatever answer he gives you to comment .. oh, I though you might have been chewing gum to sweeten your breath or whatever..

ummmm.... I go through a pack of gum a week because I ENJOY chewing gum. Just because someone chews gum doesn't mean they have bad breath... or KNOWS they have it!

I've already sent an email, we'll see how and/or if he responds.

1/9/2011 4:37:12 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

mistymay77
Over 2,000 Posts (3,385)
Newnan, GA

Um, lots of people chew gum.

1/9/2011 4:42:22 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  
dasnixter
Over 1,000 Posts (1,639)
O Kean, AR

I enjoy cinnamon mints and my breath is fresh as a daisy.

Except after a tin of smoked herring...

1/9/2011 4:42:23 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

hotpink36
Springfield, OR

I'm keeping my fingers crossed omg I'm nervous for you

1/9/2011 4:51:21 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

cajunmister
Over 1,000 Posts (1,669)
Kinder, LA

I had to tell a lady I dated that she had bad breath; turned out to be medical, I think. She did try but it never really stopped. I have read some phyco bable that says a person can smell to you if there is something wrong with the relatioship, IDK maybe some subconscious thing. Better to be upfront I believe.

1/9/2011 4:53:45 PM Been done to death I know but,.,. now it affects ME!.,!  

binderdundat
New Orleans, LA

Quote from hotpink36:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed omg I'm nervous for you

Thanks pink... not looking good so far. He was online when I emailed him, went offline, and has now been online for a good half hour. No email.

I'm sure he's embarrassed, and I'm sure I'll never know.

So all I accomplished was to make both of us feel like crap.

Next time, I'm going with my gut and will just leave well enough alone. It's not my job to point out what someone has wrong with him. It should've just stayed that it was something *I* couldn't deal with.

Thanks for all the responses. with fresh breath!