Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

straight hookup app

Catfishing is when a user assumes the identity of an individual else. craigslist kingman az After launched to your user base, your function is not however carried out. Plus, a guy that is going to be put off by the fact that I m prepared to message very first is not my sort of guy anyway. best lithuanian dating site Rachel Vanderbilt explains that getting tiny talk is truly definitely vital and isn t a thing to skip.

maegapersonals

• By getting into dating chat, you agree to be at least 17 years of age or older. single women in moberly mo A partnership forum can be a extra organic way to meet other singles, as connections are constructed up around discussions rather than basically photographs and chat. A couple of days into applying the app, I started speaking to John. bumbles hotel london The concerns you believed would only operate on dating apps function IRL as effectively and are fantastic conversation starters on that awkward initially date.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

2/23/2008 11:02:05 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

Queen - I am thinking you will enjoy the Book of the Law as we get more into it. I really do.

As a matter of fact, I think you will find that many of the verses are quite healing.

2/24/2008 3:52:06 AM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

queenofhearts61
Seymour, IN

I am reading every word and processing it.

2/27/2008 7:45:27 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

III.

The Law of Thelema

(Thelema is the Greek Word for WILL.)

This book lays down a simple Code of Conduct.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

"Love is the law, love under will."

"There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt."

This means that each of us stars is to move on our true orbit, as marked by the nature of our position, the law of our growth, the impulse of our past experiences. All events are equally lawful-and every one necessary, in the long run-for all of us, in theory; but in practice, only one act is lawful for each one of us at any given moment. Therefore Duty consists in determining to experience the right event from one moment of consciousness to another.

Each action or motion is an act of love, the uniting with one or another part of "Nuit"; each such act must be 'under will,' chosen so as to fulfill and not thwart the true nature of the being concerned.

The technical methods of achieving this are to be studied in 'Magick,' or acquired by personal instruction from the Master Therion and his appointed assistants.

Liber Al Vel Legis: Love is the Law, Love Under Will.

2/27/2008 7:56:35 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

I will not post part IV until tomorrow or the next day. Part III is one that everyone should read and digest first. There are very few people - very few - who follow their own will. For the most part, and as a general rule, most people follow the will of others. Think about this. When your lover or friend or spouse or parent tells you to not do something - whether it is changing your hairstyle or clothing, or even having an affair - you are allowing someone else to take charge of your will.

Every single one of us has handed our Wills to another. It may have been yesterday. It may be right now. It may be tomorrow. We all do it. We all do it constantly. The point of part III is to make you realize that you have your OWN Will that you must set in motion. I do believe that the most damaging of human emotions to Will is Love. I think Crowley knew this, too - which is why we have "Love Under Will." When Love conflicts with Will, Love is a weapon.

Love is too often used as a weapon. Even YHWH of the Bible uses Love as a weapon against the Will of his followers.

Think about all the things...all of them...that your WILL desires for you. I urge you to make at least one of those things HAPPEN. Only you know your true self, and to deny your soul's orbit is to deny your true self.

This may seem easier to say than to actually do...trust me when I say I fight with my Will constantly - and am only happy when I act upon my true WILL.

3/3/2008 3:04:40 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

Bumping this up. Will be posting more in the next day or two.

3/7/2008 10:04:38 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

I am only posting part of this section for a few different reasons, and I will not say what those reasons are. Ha!

IV.

The New Aeon

The third chapter of the Book is difficult to understand, and may be very repugnant to many people born before the date of the book (April, 1904).

It tells the characteristics of the Period on which we are now entered. Superficially, they appear appalling. We see some of them already with terrifying clarity. But fear not!

It explains that certain vast 'stars' (or aggregates of experience) may be described as Gods. One of these is in charge of the destinies of this planet for periods of 2,000 years. (The moment of change from one period to another is technically called the Equinox of the Gods.) In the history of the world, as far as we know accurately, are three such Gods: Isis, the mother, when the Universe was conceived as simple nourishment drawn directly from her; this period is marked by matriarchal government.

Next, beginning 500 B.C., Osiris, the father, when the Universe was imagined as catastrophic, love, death, resurrection, as the method by which experience was built up; this corresponds to patriarchal systems.

Now, Horus, the child, in which we come to perceive events as a continual growth partaking in its elements both these methods, and not to be overcome by circumstance. This present period involves the recognition of the individual as the unit of society.

We realize ourselves as explained in the first paragraphs of this essay. Every event, including death, is only one more accretion to our experience, freely willed by ourselves from the beginning and therefore also predestined.

This "God", Horus, has a technical title: Heru-Ra-Ha, a combination of twin gods, Ra-Hoor-Khuit and Hoor-Paar-Kraat. The meaning of this doctrine must be studied in 'Magick'. (He is symbolized as a Hawk-headed God enthroned.)

He rules the present period of 2,000 years, beginning in 1904. Everywhere is his government taking root. Observe for yourselves the decay of the sense of sin, the growth of innocence and irresponsibility, the strange modifications of the reproductive instince with a tendency to become bi-sexual or epicene, the childlike confidence in progress combined with nightmare fear of catastrophe, against which we are yet half unwilling to take precautions.

Consider the outcrop of dictatorships, only possible when moral growth is in its earliest stages, and the prevalence of infantile cults like Communism, Fascism, Pacificism, Health Crazes, Occultism in nearly all its forms, religions sentimentalised to the point of practical extinction.

Consider the popularity of the cinema, the wireless, the football pools and guessing competitions, all devices for soothing fractious infants, no see of purpose in them.

Consider sport, the babyish enthusiams and rages which it excites, whole nations disturbed by disputes between boys.

Consider war, the atrocities which occur daily and leave us unmoved and hardly worried.

We are children.

To be continued...

I will finish part IV on another day. I think this passage alone is meaty enough for thought...

Liber Al Vel Legis: Love is the Law, Love Under Will.

3/8/2008 9:08:07 AM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

davewave1
Ann Arbor, MI

I find these ideas very interesting....

In order to comprehend more fully, I would sincerely appreciate hearing what definition of Love is given within the context of The Law....

3/8/2008 2:04:18 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

As far as I know, the Book of the Law does not include a definition of Love. In my opinion, within the confines of the Book, the definition is all definitions. It encompasses all types of love: agape, phileo, etc. (Not sure if I spelled phileo right...phonetic spelling.)

It is also my opinion that under any definition, it really doesn't matter at all. It does not matter what type of love it is, if love thwarts will, then love is a weapon.

I think this could be an interesting discussion - the types of love.

Just wait...the Book of the Law gets better. And there will be many many things people here will find disturbing about it. That is okay.

3/8/2008 11:55:31 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

dbsuma
Lakewood, OH

Yeah, I dunno.

Having a law saying doest thy wilt is pretty much like saying over eat, smoke too much, watch a lot of TV and sleep in late on the weekends.
Isn't' it pretty much what people are gonna do anyway?

Besides from my understanding of Crowley he was just a guy looking to start his own religion and everything else was taken.
I suppose if you are really looking to create your own religion you might be very well conflicted between what is real and what is original.

And I'm always personally suspicious about ideas supposedly dictated by unseen spirits.
Like all you need to do to make a new philosophy is to berry yourself up to your neck in the sand of a cave and babble incoherently for several days.

I had a ouija board once but we lost the little plastic piece, so we just improvised and used a cold piece of pizza, it still worked.

Plus if you really ever do talk to a spirit from another plane, how would you know they are any more honest or insightful than people on this one?

They never give you anything useful, like who is gonna win the next super bowl or next weeks winning lottery numbers.
So giving you a philosophy that says, Yeah go ahead and do whatever you want to do, isn't much of a revelation because most people were probably planning on doing that anyways.

I guess the Christian law is do unto others,
This law is doest thy wilt,

My law would be do whatever you want unless it doesn't screw anybody else up too much, with in reason.

Granted not as catchy but a lot more practical than either of the other two.

But that is how philosophy works and evolves,
Somebody comes up with a thesis, then other creates an antithesis from it,
Then a third person comes along later for forms a synthesis out of the two and the whole process starts all over again.

[Edited 3/8/2008 11:58:23 PM]

3/9/2008 1:10:34 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

dbsuma
Lakewood, OH

Sorry sekhmetvotaress, this is one that I'm gonna have to disagree on.
I'll try and be as tactful as I can.

davewave1
In order to comprehend more fully, I would sincerely appreciate hearing what definition of Love is given within the context of The Law....

Love is not so much love as much as it is sex.
It is some sort of strange big gay pseudo Taoism system.
Where by you go out and rape the living shit out of some poor 14 year old girl and jam your fist up in her completely destroying her mind, as young virgin girls value their virginity greatly, so to have it taken form them in such a radical way is completely psychologically destructive for them, in this trauma based programming.

The results are completely psychologically destructive to this girl but they will always claim "doest thy wilt" as the only law.

She is then told that she is his/her slave and that she must have sex with anyone he/she tells them to. That she is now a penis vampire and a hedonist. As I'm told that it is completely rational because they claim Christians are not allowed to have sex, so the victim should at least prefer a religion that forces you to have sex no matter if you want to or not.

That every time a man cums while having sex with her that he is leaving a little piece of his soul in her. So she must collect these bits and pieces of other people's soul and then forward it on to him/her so that they may become gods.
Granted sometimes it is just limited to oral sex because the whole thing is lost if the girl has an orgasm too, then she'll have to start all over again.
Which is why the fisting is also important, you might get overly excited with your slave collecting those souls from her trying to making her cum that you might do it yourself, messing up the whole system. So you use your hand or give her oral sex to make her cum out all those souls that she has collected for you.

but as I seem to remember my slave eventually sending her collections on remotely, though I was not the one that made her a slave, as she was given to me.
Honestly I never knew how slaves were made, I must have thought they just came into being all by themselves and I'm completely shocked that anyone would have ever taken any of this seriously.

I think in the end it was concluded by a friend that it was not real.
That after a guy cums in another person that the cum, being mostly protein does give you a bit of a rush but it is not really a part of their soul.
Likewise after you cum yourself you are a bit tired but that doesn't mean that you've lost a piece of your soul either.

So I guess the Majik "love" is a way to trick people who you couldn't really give a shit about into loving you and sending you their spiritual energy.
Cheating the system of course but "doest thy wilt".

Oddly enough I think in some small respect it actually works but that doesn't necessarily mean that their method of sexual torture if required and the whole thing is a rather clever way or actually not a clever way but an actual horrible way to convince young innocent girls into becoming prostitutes.

Did you know that the CIA is the largest white slavery operation on the face of the earth?
Where do you think all those kids who have their face on a milk carton go?
They give them to congressmen and business associates for blackmail and in exchange for other favors.

Likewise Mind control is often referred to as Mind Kontrol as in Majik.
Sexual domination to enslave their minds for your own ends, but "doest thy wilt".

But Crowley did die, so i guess this does not promise immortality as he claims but unclear if the group in encountered were using his direct method or making up stuff on their own.

So i guess it is possible to send other people your "love" and their may very well be energies transfered that we can not readily understand but if that is what you have to go threw to get it, it should hardly be considered "love" in any sense that I'm able to understand it but that is what they mean.

3/9/2008 5:04:01 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

Dbsuma - I think you are missing the point of "Do what thou Wilt." But that is neither here nor there to me. (Also with the arguments on what love is or is not.)

I feel no need to argue the points. Neither one of us is going to change the other's mind; it would be an act of futility.

I do think that you will find the rest of the book somewhat repulsive - and that is fine.

What "Do what thou wilt" means to me is obviously different than what it means to you. I have a feeling that, in person, you and I would have some tantalizing discussions. Hmmm?

Too bad you are so far away.

[Edited 3/9/2008 5:04:38 PM]

3/9/2008 5:09:52 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

And remember: I said whenever love becomes a weapon, then that love needs to be destroyed. In remembering "Do what thou wilt" we are talking of a SOUL's will, not the will of the flesh - which is different, you know.

But because some asshole warps the law to his own use doesn't make the theory any less. There are assholes in every creed, religion, philosophy, etc., etc. Fortunately, I do not pay attention to those people. Why? Because I am not going to worry about someone or something I cannot change.

3/9/2008 8:24:40 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

dbsuma
Lakewood, OH

yes my dear, you are a very beautiful mind but IMO something like this is just something that some guy made up one day, so a bit like looking at an abstract painting.
10 different people will see 10 different things.

It is just telling that the reflection of the abstract can reflect so kindly upon you.

I'm not sure what you are seeing, I'm just saying this is what some people have said it means. Very real and horrible things go on in this world and those that did this used it as an excuse.

But that's nothing new, terrible people have been doing terrible things since the dawn of time, the excuse is marginally irrelevant but helpful of Crowely to offer this up, as to eliminate any pangs of guilt they might have by destroying other people's lives so casually.

I know, it is just me, I believe in a greater good, a harmonious society is the best, I'd think by other people exercising their free will often seriously and detrimentally impacts others ability to exercise theirs.

So either you believe people should be free or you don't.
If you do believe that people should be free then you must also realize that some rules do actually need to be in place and enforced, because me using my free will might hinder you from using yours. So then you have to consider if free will is without conditions.
Can I yell fire in a crowded theater and stand outside the door lopping the people's heads off that run for the exist to escape the fire?

If you say that you believe that people should have unregulated free will and be allowed to step all over other peoples free will, as long as you can get away with it or as long as you are powerful enough to escape retribution, then you are really talking about fascism, plain and simple.
Then we all go back to the stone age and start living in caves throwing crap at each other.

I dunno, I just ran across a bunch of sick ass people who used this as part of their reasoning to validate doing whatever the hell they want to, to whom ever they wanted to.
Maybe they misinterpreted it, I'm just saying the practical applications are far different and more gruesome that it looks on paper.

But please continue, I'd be interested to see if he holds any redeeming value.

3/9/2008 10:22:40 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

sekhmetvotaress
Hemet, CA

Db: I have run across many people who used The Book of the Law to validate some horrific stances on life and free will.

And I have known many people who used the Bible in the same way. And I still find value in the Bible, as well. I do not base my beliefs or values on what other people do or how they act.

I cannot say what or how this will affect anyone - but I can say how it will affect me. (The question is, *will* I?)

Anybody can taint, mar, abuse any system. Any belief. That is the frailty of the human condition. I have my theories on why this happens - but they are only *my* theories and I do not think highly enough of myself to spout those theories...

Don't worry. I will continue. You have not put me off it. As a matter of fact, I smile when I read your posts. They make me smile and laugh. (Not in a bad way.)

Blind Men and the Elephant, you know?

3/14/2008 10:56:39 PM The Book of the Law - an open discussion.  

jayem
Hay Springs, NE

I thought the Book of the Law would be Deuteronomy of the Bible. But this is far more mystifying and confusing.

If I understand the discussion about the will, I would ask, "Is your will under the influence of either Aiwass, Crowley or some other supernatural being?

Some believe the Bible to be dictated by God word for word to various men who lived over a period of more than a 1000 years. Is this more credible than a vision that comes to one man over several days? The Book of Morman also came to one man over a short period of time.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4