Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal create account login

Both groups of inquiries can also be employed repeatedly in a partnership as the relationship and the individuals evolve, in order to continue to be in tune with each other. gay dating in denver co All you want to do is break the ice for starting a piquant conversation. The older you get, the harder it is to recognize fads. idaho skipthegames They ll also further loosen the two of you up and can lead to some funny, entertaining conversation.

best sex hookup apps 2018

They replied, but Devoid of ASKING ME A Query. southington ct singles According to a spokesperson, OkCupid has a support team that monitors all accounts working with regular verification practices. Your goal is to have fun, boost your social expertise, and be sexual in the approach. what is meetme used for But far more and far more folks are prepared to go as far as it requires.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/3/2011 9:07:48 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

Have you heard that song "Waterfalls" by TLC.
If you've listened to it, the chorus talks about sticking to the lakes and rivers that you're used to and to refrain from chasing the waterfalls....

"Don't go chasing waterfalls, stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to.
I know you're gonna have your way or nothing it all...But you're moving too fast..."
-------------------------

But what does the chorus mean?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/4/2011 8:42:26 AM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
seductivechili
Tulsa, OK
56, joined Mar. 2011

don't chase after 1 that wants money and power.....their mind is set on ambition and oblivious to thier own health and others feelings......find love in what is around you and be content

7/4/2011 10:03:54 AM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

The message I get from this song is....that a person should stick with someone who matches them and their lifestyle--'by choice' but who also accepts them for who they are with this in mind..

For example:
If you are more inclined to be with someone who smokes to stay skinny and you don't work out yourself and you also smoke...then you should stick with the smoker not the exercise machine man that you are drawn to...

But if you deep inside want to change your lifestyle and exercise but need a push so to speak to change....then being attracted to 'this waterfall' would be a positive attraction...possibly their influence would be a good thing....especially if your secret desire manifests....and you end up as a non-smoker who exercises...

But if you end up smoking more than usually because of this desire [let's say you go from 1 carton to 2 cartons a day]....'this waterfall' may be a toxic influence....and you need to forget about him and stick with a 'lake or river that you are used to'....
Someone that won't trigger the cigarette...

7/4/2011 10:16:34 AM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
seductivechili
Tulsa, OK
56, joined Mar. 2011

I will agree somewhat ..the waterfall could be really anything extreme or lifestyle ....river is like the river of life and lakes calm relationships

7/4/2011 10:43:02 AM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

Yes i get that also

7/4/2011 6:16:32 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

redneckrebelguy
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,000)
Leicester, NC
45, joined Nov. 2008

Waterfalls are glittery, flashy, illusive, dangerous, unattainable, and they hide what is really lurking behind them. The first boy in the song is "chasing waterfalls" by trying to deal drugs and gain respect in a violent and illegal way and ends up killed. The second person is just focusing his life on sleeping around and ends up having to pay the ultimate price - a deadly disease. The lyrics are telling you to not chase after things that aren't there or things that appear "to good to be true" - where you can't see the consequences - try to keep your life's path on firmer ground - and go after the things that are "real" and more certain like the "rivers and lakes".

[Edited 7/4/2011 6:18:43 PM ]

7/4/2011 6:54:42 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

i read the lyrics....good point....but i was focusing moreso on the chorus....if you were to listen to that alone it has a different meaning....when putting them together the song lyrics almost don't match with the chorus.....

What i mean by that is one boy turned to drugs and the other person got a disease...but the chorus is stating to stick to what ur used to....which apparently is what they are used to....

and the waterfalls may have represented a better life....that they did not pursue...

maybe this is what the artist is trying to relay...i dont know

but in respect to the chorus...it suggests to stick with what's in your reach and not have dreams of a better way....thats what i saw at least....

7/4/2011 7:08:28 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
seductivechili
Tulsa, OK
56, joined Mar. 2011

lol noo offense red but in the lyrics or even in the chorus for that matter... I didn't see any of that ...hmmmm was it subliminal suggestions ?

7/4/2011 7:16:59 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

niceguyinla
Los Angeles, CA
39, joined Feb. 2010

In the song, the waterfall has a negative connotation, in this case, they often lead to wrong, violent paths, and the self-destruction of the individual. The individual often knows the better path to take, but they can't resist being stubborn, gullible and doing what they want: Thus the lyrics " Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that You're used to I know that you're gonna have it your way Or nothing at all".

7/4/2011 8:05:20 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

Has anyone seen The wizard of Oz? The waterfalls are kind of like 'Emerald City' and the rivers and lakes is more like 'Home'. I could never understand why dorothy always wanted to go home. Was it because her eyes were brown and she wanted them to be blue, but the reality was that colored contact lenses didn't exist i guess. And maybe her insecurity about this interfered with it all?

7/4/2011 8:36:33 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
seductivechili
Tulsa, OK
56, joined Mar. 2011

at 1st dorothy was trying to run away .....she realized everything was back home ...home is where the heart is...security and surrounded by loving friends to make each day memorable....ozz was fantasy..and that little farm in kansas was real..... Lol you have a good eye for detail I never noticed the eye color change ...I honestly don't think the tin man scarecrow or lion did either ....hmmmm maybe toto lol

[Edited 7/4/2011 8:39:38 PM ]

7/5/2011 12:19:27 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

I was thinking about this....and watched the movie again just to confirm...even Toto wanted to stay in emerald city at the very end....when he jumped out of the balloon...

I mean appreciating what you already have and the people in your life....is understood...but a better way of life....if you could have it...why would anyone shun it away....

[Edited 7/5/2011 12:21:36 PM ]

7/5/2011 6:15:18 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
seductivechili
Tulsa, OK
56, joined Mar. 2011

lol toto was chasing after his own waterfall ....all that glitters is nott gold,...ozz was paradise butt kansas offerd warm memories and family .......unique was she wasn't even thinking about trying to bring her family there....she knew deep down in her heart that the farm was their home and it was hers as well

7/6/2011 12:45:31 AM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

ursalaannreas
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,263)
Winter Haven, FL
73, joined Oct. 2010

7/6/2011 12:48:05 AM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

ursalaannreas
Winter Haven, FL
73, joined Oct. 2010

To me it means simply dont chase an illusive dream but stick to what is real and close at hand

7/6/2011 11:12:49 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from seductivechili:
lol toto was chasing after his own waterfall ....all that glitters is nott gold,...ozz was paradise butt kansas offerd warm memories and family .......unique was she wasn't even thinking about trying to bring her family there....she knew deep down in her heart that the farm was their home and it was hers as well

I think she was experiencing 'culture shock', its a panic like reactin that has to with moving and trying to cope with unfamiliar places....if she got therapy....she might have adjusted. But being all by herself with her dog and no family around her....maybe triggered the fears....

But I do get that feeling also that the mountainside and quietness of the farm with hardly little neighbors and large spacious farm land....she was accustomed to...so emerald city was overwhelming for her.....it didn't feel like home....therapy might have helped with that....

yeah i get that also....that she wasnt trying to move her family there....

7/8/2011 12:14:11 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

marybi2011
Over 1,000 Posts (1,742)
Emporia, KS
26, joined May. 2011

yeaa i feel like it means sticking to what you want most outta life without chasing after something your not sure about cause "waterfalls" people, or certin things may not work out the way u want them too. unless u take the time to comrehend what your getting into prior to making that change in your life

7/21/2011 9:15:13 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

that's a good point...

7/22/2011 3:19:11 AM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

waitasec78
Over 1,000 Posts (1,249)
Farmington, MI
37, joined Jul. 2011

that TLC video use to be on Mtv all the time, then my sisters, and there frinds would be playing the cd, back in the day I felt like I could not get away from it

[Edited 7/22/2011 3:19:50 AM ]

7/22/2011 5:28:15 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

ursalaannreas
Winter Haven, FL
73, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from marybi2011:
yeaa i feel like it means sticking to what you want most outta life without chasing after something your not sure about cause "waterfalls" people, or certin things may not work out the way u want them too. unless u take the time to comrehend what your getting into prior to making that change in your life

Agree with everything she said

7/22/2011 5:28:26 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

ursalaannreas
Winter Haven, FL
73, joined Oct. 2010

7/27/2011 7:21:34 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  
ladyseekinggent
Over 2,000 Posts (2,683)
New Milford, NJFreiland
Austria
42, joined Aug. 2010

I also like the Scrub song.....Everytime this played on the radio...I listened to it from beg to end.....its very funny....lol

7/27/2011 9:37:43 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

ursalaannreas
Winter Haven, FL
73, joined Oct. 2010

7/27/2011 9:38:21 PM Waterfalls by TLC what does it mean?  

ursalaannreas
Winter Haven, FL
73, joined Oct. 2010