Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

top hookup sites australia

It took a when, but then it hit me she was a tiny known actress. dating montclair In truth, you have in all probability knowledgeable worse at some point in your life — a date that was, nicely, a bit of a dud. I wasn t seeking for something serious—I d just gotten out of a relationship—so I joined Tinder. locanto nj The YouTuber took to her IG stories on Monday, December 20, and posted a string of videos featuring her ex.

rubmaps forum

My recommendations are primarily based mainly on my personal experiences in the on the web dating platform arena as a lady, with some word of mouth impressions from friends thrown in for very good measure. port orange singles L. Immerse oneself in love stories full of romance and full of happiness. how to deactivate zoosk on ipad The Archeologist determines there is 16.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/22/2011 3:47:23 PM Am I being picky or what?  
iluv2read
Tellico Plains, TN

I have found it extremely difficult to take someone serious if I see another lady's picture on their profile as a friend. I have been told from former dates that the pics doesn't mean anything to them and they only talk periodically. But I say if a person is serious about dating and finding that someone special, they should not be talking to others. Am I being old fashioned or just a prude? Lol I have found me someone on here that does not have other lady's pic on his profile and I admire that quality in him. Any thoughts? DOVE

Tweet
Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/22/2011 3:49:47 PM Am I being picky or what?  

vedrenyuar
Rochester, NY

Hello. I agree. I think if you're on here for something serious then why would you be exposing your relationships with other females. You should only want viewers to see you, not your friend from college.

8/22/2011 4:00:33 PM Am I being picky or what?  

rlm68
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,719)
Gilbert, AZ

see it how you want to...

8/22/2011 4:01:03 PM Am I being picky or what?  

rhea27
Over 1,000 Posts (1,322)
Danbury, CT

OP.... aren't you rushing things a bit?

Dating typically starts of casually. That's when you hang out and get to know someone. It doesn't mean you're in an exclusive relationship right from the first time you talk or have a date. People that date are allowed to talk or date others, until they have decided to be exclusive.

Rushing things and insisting a man only talk to you - let alone have female friends - is not a good sign for things to come. Most men will run, because they think you're the needy, clingy and unreasonably jealous type.

8/22/2011 4:04:44 PM Am I being picky or what?  
iluv2read
Tellico Plains, TN

hey there! yesss finally a girl that agrees with me. Lol Thank youuu, Dove

8/22/2011 4:24:43 PM Am I being picky or what?  

mryeah69
Miami, FL

Quote from iluv2read:
I have found it extremely difficult to take someone serious if I see another lady's picture on their profile as a friend. I have been told from former dates that the pics doesn't mean anything to them and they only talk periodically. But I say if a person is serious about dating and finding that someone special, they should not be talking to others. Am I being old fashioned or just a prude? Lol I have found me someone on here that does not have other lady's pic on his profile and I admire that quality in him. Any thoughts? DOVE

Don't you think you're jumping the gun. A date is a date and not a relationship don't confuse the two.

8/22/2011 4:38:20 PM Am I being picky or what?  

goodman4sum1
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,285)
Reading, PA

Guess you expect a man to dump all of the friends he had before he knew you existed, before he even knows if he wants to ask you out. That's idiotic and a big red flag.

8/22/2011 4:43:33 PM Am I being picky or what?  
russy_russ
La Porte, TX

Quote from rhea27:

Dating typically starts of casually. That's when you hang out and get to know someone. It doesn't mean you're in an exclusive relationship right from the first time you talk or have a date. People that date are allowed to talk or date others, until they have decided to be exclusive.

Rushing things and insisting a man only talk to you - let alone have female friends - is not a good sign for things to come. Most men will run, because they think you're the needy, clingy and unreasonably jealous type.

Actually I prefer a woman who insists that I only talk to her and have no female friends. And I would expect the same. That's good ole fashion courtship, from the days when chivalry was still alive. Only playas complain about clingy, unreasonably jealous types.

People should date the way they want to and find someone who prefers to date the same way. The OP would not be true to herself if she were to date the typical way everybody else does. The typical way its done today is called serial dating. OP, you can blame Carey from 'Sex in the City' for making it the popular method.

8/22/2011 4:45:20 PM Am I being picky or what?  

z0z0z0
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,665)
Brockton, MA

cough cough jealous b*tch cough cough

8/22/2011 4:45:24 PM Am I being picky or what?  

membelle42
Memphis, TN

Quote from iluv2read:

I think your jumping the gun. Don't you have men friends? It's not fair to you or him to cut yourself off from everyone else. All relationships are built on TRUST. If you have doubts now and there's nothing serious happening but thinking then you need to stop and step back for a bit. You need a friend to listen to you before you jump off the deep end.

8/22/2011 4:52:36 PM Am I being picky or what?  

rhea27
Over 1,000 Posts (1,322)
Danbury, CT

Quote from russy_russ:
Actually I prefer a woman who insists that I only talk to her and have no female friends. And I would expect the same. That's good ole fashion courtship, from the days when chivalry was still alive. Only playas complain about clingy, unreasonably jealous types.

People should date the way they want to and find someone who prefers to date the same way. The OP would not be true to herself if she were to date the typical way everybody else does. The typical way its done today is called serial dating. OP, you can blame Carey from 'Sex in the City' for making it the popular method.

Maybe you have trust or control issues? I know we have touched on this a bit in the "emotional cheater" thread.....

On a side note.... you mentioned "old fashion courtship." Does that mean you pay for all of your dates?

8/22/2011 4:57:12 PM Am I being picky or what?  

cafeovino
Over 1,000 Posts (1,366)
Arlington, TX

Quote from russy_russ:
Quote from rhea27:

A date does not require exclsitivity. It is just a date it dosen't mean you can dictate who or what gender my friends are. I'm too busy to be a "habitual dater" or a "player" but MOST OF US have a life, with people in it, that we've known prior to anyone we are making a "date plan" with. A date is where you find out if your lifestyles are compatable not changeable.

8/22/2011 5:21:32 PM Am I being picky or what?  

smiley1960x
East Aurora, NY

Two things.

One, not everybody has a big modeling portfolio or takes a good pic, they use what they have handy.

Two, you wimminz is competitive and putting a cute girl in their pic is one way to attract a better class of potential date than their ugly ol' self might otherwise be able to.

Just because they're in the pic doesn't mean they're involved, past or present. You could ask before having a tizzy. And not having a woman in the pic, says roughly... nothing.

8/22/2011 5:53:34 PM Am I being picky or what?  
russy_russ
La Porte, TX

@rhea27

Yeah, I have trust issues and proud of it. I don't trust anyone who doesn't think like I do. But control issues? NO. I don't think its right to try to control anybody. Its better to find someone who approaches dating and relationships the same way as you do. That I learned in couples counseling, so thats professional advice I'm sharing.

@cafeovino

Dude, no body is saying you need to change the way you handle your business. Some of us are serial daters, some of us are old fashion, such as myself. I'm not trying to convert anybody into being old fashion. All I'm saying is that people should stick to their type. Serial daters should stick to serial daters; and old fashion types should stick to old fashion types.

[Edited 8/22/2011 5:54:39 PM ]

8/22/2011 5:57:50 PM Am I being picky or what?  
spanky250
Over 1,000 Posts (1,666)
Port Charlotte, FL

Quote from iluv2read:
What if you're dating a man that has female friends in real life? Are you going to insist that he give up his friends, people that were his friends BEFORE you started dating?

Are you going to give up any male friends that you might have?

If a woman tells me I have to lose my friends to date her, I'll tell her she has to lose my number.

[Edited 8/22/2011 5:58:52 PM ]

8/22/2011 6:16:18 PM Am I being picky or what?  
iluv2read
Tellico Plains, TN

I find it rather comical that some of you ppl think I'm needy, clingy or jealous. I am not that way at all! I'm just oldfashioned and happy that I am. I also find it normal for ppl of the opposite sex being friends, but not on a dating site if you are searching for someone to love and date exclusively. It's no wonder couples divorce there's too much free stuff online with just an email. But I am very happy with my results here at DH. THANK YOU, DOVE

8/22/2011 6:47:40 PM Am I being picky or what?  

marias3girls
Over 1,000 Posts (1,105)
Springfield, MA

If I see the guy has pics w him and a girl I would think that's weird! Y not cut the girl out! But IF he has girls as friends on the profile um nah that's ok. I have "friends" and I chat w a few. My guy is on here and has a few friends & he says he doesn't talk to any of his friends. They just friended him. Ppl like friends on their profiles. I've deleted mine and keep only the ones I actually have talked to here and there. Nothing big just FRIEnds! I'm INTO my guy! I'm NOT going anywhere! I don't know what his plans are but I think he's happy w me or hope so! I TRUST him that's what matters let your guy BREATH who cares if has friends!

8/22/2011 6:51:26 PM Am I being picky or what?  

pretensea
Kalamazoo, MI

Yeah....you are. Some of the people here have been on the internet for years and years and we have friends that we will never meet real life. You are limiting yourself to the possibility of finding a good relationship with that attitude. (Just my opinion)

Besides, being jealous is just ugly. No matter the venue.

8/22/2011 6:55:43 PM Am I being picky or what?  

pinpanther
Trenton, MI

im being picky b/c i date alot of user loosers in my life n i don't want anymore

8/22/2011 6:58:21 PM Am I being picky or what?  
legaleye
Columbus, OH

Yes and no. Your thread raises two issues.

First, I consider a profile a marketing tool, pure and simple. Were I to post pics, why would I lower my perceived value to a potential monogamous partner by posting pics of me with other women? Perhaps in drama city and gansta land that may create some jealously or something, but even if that was me, at my age that was 40 years ago. So pics should be non deceptive and accurately picture yourself (from the male point of view.. amazing how many pics women post cleverly hide the extra 50 pounds or more).

In your second point, you talk about talking to others. That is fine when we develop and exclusive and somewhat (if not more) intimate relationship, but if we are just chatting on the internet or having an occasional date (i.e. you havent invited me to your house and cooked me dinner), then there is no commitment and the only duty I owe is to be honest. Unless and until we determine that we should go to an exclusive status, I would feel free to talk to and date others.

This is similar to one of my other questions in life..... if we had a non intimate dating relationship, i.e. see someone every couple weeks or whatever, and have not committed to anything, is it wrong to have a friend with benefits to take care of the non coversational aspects of life? (Just asking.... makes for some interesting comments).

8/22/2011 7:06:56 PM Am I being picky or what?  
russy_russ
La Porte, TX

OP,

Don't listen to anyone on here who's telling you to loosen up or change your attitude. If you admire your man because he isn't friends with other ladies, thats fine. If that's a quality he chose to have, then he's not going to tell you to loosen up, and that pretty much makes what everyone else is saying here irrelevant.

8/22/2011 7:15:07 PM Am I being picky or what?  

claudius5
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,353)
Petaluma, CA

You have some issues which suggest that you would make a mountain out of a molehill based on assumption and supposition.

8/22/2011 7:19:59 PM Am I being picky or what?  

jennie04
Longmont, CO

Quote from russy_russ:
Quote from rhea27:

8/22/2011 7:28:05 PM Am I being picky or what?  

mischiefmanaged
Over 1,000 Posts (1,794)
Bellevue, WA

Quote from claudius5:
You have some issues which suggest that you would make a mountain out of a molehill based on assumption and supposition.

exactly. just from a picture you've got a wall of beliefs and feelings. Man I have to go find myself a pic of me and a girl then. I'm looking for the least amount of drama. If all it takes is a picture to simplify my life...Hell I'd go to a living in leather convention, furry get together, frickin whatever it takes. The thought never crossed my mind that someone could get their panties in a bunch over something like that.

8/22/2011 7:50:12 PM Am I being picky or what?  

casheyesblond
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,795)
Belmont, NC

Quote from russy_russ:
OP,

Don't listen to anyone on here who's telling you to loosen up or change your attitude. If you admire your man because he isn't friends with other ladies, thats fine. If that's a quality he chose to have, then he's not going to tell you to loosen up, and that pretty much makes what everyone else is saying here irrelevant.

Please refer to the words I placed in bold within your quote.The OP used the term,former dates.Should I go out with a guy on a date or even a few dates with same guy,that does not make him "my man".

Yes,imo she is being unrealistic and irrational if she thinks that guys are not going to make friends on here along the way thus possibly explaining the ones showing up on his friends list.

Sorry but a date and/or a few dates with another is not the same as being involved in a relationship with another.

And this is coming from someone that is not a serial dater nor a casual dater.In other words,I would not and do not date just to be dating.But if someone did indeed hold my attention/peek my interest in a certain way/s,and should I date this person,it would mean that I did not find him hiding under a rock kind of thing,which also explains why others appear on his friends list.

[Edited 8/22/2011 7:53:13 PM ]

8/22/2011 8:08:10 PM Am I being picky or what?  
russy_russ
La Porte, TX

Titles don't matter. The OP said she is happy with him. Unless he comes on here and complains about her, I don't see a problem. She didn't force him to not have any friends on DH. Thats just the way he is and she likes that about him. I don't see the problem.

8/22/2011 8:13:02 PM Am I being picky or what?  

venichhe
Brooklyn, NY

Quote from iluv2read:

Yes you are old fashioned, I used to think like you when I was younger. I realized, things don't work like that. That route is only a lonesome road for the most. Though patience and persistence can find a good catch and make up for the efforts, I would rather not deal with such situations where it stresses me out. Stress free is the way to be!

8/22/2011 8:32:51 PM Am I being picky or what?  
iluv2read
Tellico Plains, TN

Thank you russy_russ you seem like a very nice well bred young man. Dove

8/22/2011 8:40:15 PM Am I being picky or what?  

claudius5
Petaluma, CA

It has nothing to do with breeding and just because he agreed with you doesn't make him any better than the rest of us. Your remark is not only patronizing, but also arrogant.

8/22/2011 8:43:39 PM Am I being picky or what?  

moreplease17
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Stillwater, OK

Quote from claudius5:

^^^^^^^^^^ Good post. I agree.

8/22/2011 8:47:11 PM Am I being picky or what?  
dasnixter
Over 2,000 Posts (3,868)
Malvern, AR

Dove, you're reading entirely too much into this picture. Whoever you date will see real women in daily life and interact with them on a regular basis.

Nobody is getting pinned and wearing the guy's varsity jacket, so let's proceed as seasoned adults.

8/22/2011 9:23:13 PM Am I being picky or what?  

casheyesblond
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,795)
Belmont, NC

Quote from dasnixter:
Dove, you're reading entirely too much into this picture. Whoever you date will see real women in daily life and interact with them on a regular basis.

Nobody is getting pinned and wearing the guy's varsity jacket, so let's proceed as seasoned adults.

you crack me up/

8/22/2011 9:25:29 PM Am I being picky or what?  
dasnixter
Over 2,000 Posts (3,868)
Malvern, AR

Kewl deal as I'm always glad if I can help put a smile on a lady's face.

8/22/2011 9:28:08 PM Am I being picky or what?  

binderdundat
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,893)
New Orleans, LA

How do you know he doesn't have 100 friends and has just chose not to show them on his profile?

I don't think "picky" is the word... I think "limiting" is a better one.

8/22/2011 9:39:59 PM Am I being picky or what?  

bbw47reader
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,292)
Frederick, MD

That 'quality' could just be being smart enough to not have any women's pics show on his profile. You wouldn't admire that, would you?

I have a lot of women and men on my friends list here. That means I'm also on their's. Some people show their lists, some don't. I show mine, but only so many show on a profile, so you really don't know who all is on my list. And guess what? I'm not trying to 'get with' any of them, although there are a few single ones I wouldn't say no to.

I'm just saying you need much better criteria for judging whether or not he's a good guy. Pics on a profile and the gender of his friends is pretty crappy criteria.

8/22/2011 10:18:52 PM Am I being picky or what?  
russy_russ
La Porte, TX

I can't believe this woman is getting critisized for her dating preference. Preference being the key word here. If this was a racial thread, everyone would be defending her preference. Shouldn't be any different here. Plus, she said she was happy with her results. What's the big deal?

8/22/2011 10:28:27 PM Am I being picky or what?  
mylegsarecold
Green Bay, WI

She is being criticized for being trivial.

8/22/2011 10:29:11 PM Am I being picky or what?  

claudius5
Petaluma, CA

She asked for thoughts and people gave her theirs. It doesn't mean we had to agree with her.

8/22/2011 10:30:48 PM Am I being picky or what?  

retired_fireman
Louisville, KY

Yes your being to picky. Men and women have friends who are the opposite sex. Amd may post a picture in my profile as a freind. That doesn't really mean a thing. Did you not have male friends sometime in your life? Besides the issue you should be concerned with is he faithful. Not how many female friends he has. I am a mature male who has had many female friends over the years. Some I dated some I only talked to as friends. Your question to yourself should be is he trustworthy. Honest and respectful. Not how many female friends he has on his profile.

8/23/2011 12:08:40 AM Am I being picky or what?  

toxic_tale
Milwaukee, WI

LOL Are you for real? I think having friends or no friends on their profile makes no difference IMO. Just because he doesn't display female friends, doesn't mean he doesn't talk to other women. They don't mean a thing if I'm just getting to know the guy. I don't mind having a collection of male friends. They keep the jealous and insecure type away from me.

Once you become exclusive then of course all that has to change but until then...don't let his no friend profile fool you.

8/23/2011 1:24:37 AM Am I being picky or what?  
wavin_at_ya
Kingston, NY

Quote from rhea27:

I whole heartedly agree!

8/23/2011 2:16:42 AM Am I being picky or what?  

leanne69
East Lothian, Scotland
United Kingdom

If some ones got female friends on their profile and u don't like it (that's jealousy), if ask him not to speak to them (that's needy) = "jealous and needy" and to be honest if ur like that now u will be a whole lot worse in another 6 months.

8/23/2011 7:09:43 AM Am I being picky or what?  

vanir
Over 2,000 Posts (2,377)
Victoria
Australia

Fair enough when the pic is a clear allusion (say a shirtless wanky picture and you don't go for those kind of guys), but when you're inferring mountains from molehills, isn't it a bit like falling in love before you meet or even talk, just the opposite, drawing disqualifiers that are really projections based on some obscure assumption from a photo? I mean, you could at least talk to them and find out, unless it's a proxy for just not being interested in the first place.

I'm a pretty damn good first impressions intuit, but I get way thrown between someone's photos and what they actually turn out to be like in conversation plenty. Maybe you're just used to being intuitive in person, but it really doesn't transfer well to the internet.

8/23/2011 9:22:51 AM Am I being picky or what?  
russy_russ
La Porte, TX

This woman basically set her parameters by disqualifying guys who she thinks are people collectors. You don't have to agree with her method, but I think its a bit much to infer that something isn't right in her head (i.e. clingy, jealous, insecure). She simply just wants to be a man's priority and not just another one of his options. Now I don't think this is the right place to find that, but she did say she was happy with her results, so....

8/23/2011 9:34:49 AM Am I being picky or what?  

claudius5
Petaluma, CA

So if she was happy; why did she feel the need to post this thread? Something doesn't seem quite right. Just saying.

8/23/2011 9:38:40 AM Am I being picky or what?  
scoot85
Pauls Valley, OK

Don't put to much thought into what it means to have others on someone's profile.

Nothing is a big deal until you make it a big deal...

8/23/2011 9:48:03 AM Am I being picky or what?  

fun2bchattin
Over 1,000 Posts (1,552)
Hedgesville, WV

Dating is just that. Unless you are in a relationship and have agreed mutually to be exclusive, you can talk and date as often as you choose. JMO.

8/23/2011 10:48:09 AM Am I being picky or what?  
russy_russ
La Porte, TX

Quote from Claudius5:
So if she was happy; why did she feel the need to post this thread? Something doesn't seem quite right. Just saying.

Beats the hell out of me, Claudius.

8/23/2011 11:30:21 AM Am I being picky or what?  
afrosirene
Over 2,000 Posts (2,178)
Brooklyn, NY

Quote from iluv2read:
I find it rather comical that some of you ppl think I'm needy, clingy or jealous. I am not that way at all! I'm just oldfashioned and happy that I am.

You're not needy, clingy, jealous....or old-fashioned....

However...

You're unrealistic...

Why?

An old-fashioned courtship occurs after the strongest candidate is selected.
This occurs through process of elimination.

It's quite cocky and presumptious to immediately declare yourself as the "Final Deciding Factor"

You do not make that determination.
He does....

Not every individual is worthy of an old-fashioned courtship (just because they say they are....)

8/23/2011 12:13:03 PM Am I being picky or what?  
russy_russ
La Porte, TX

It takes a lot of trust or blind faith, to put all your eggs in one single basket. I think a long time ago, it may have been common, but now, not so much because so many people have gotten burned. Its not unrealistic for two people, who want to date exclusively from the start, to find each other. But if one party doesn't prefer to be exclusive so soon, its better to move on and find someone who does. It will be like finding a needle in a hey stack, but it is possible. As you can see, the majority of people on this site aren't looking to be exclusive so soon and I don't think this site was designed for exclusive dating either. But there are exclusive daters out there, people who know that you don't have to be in a relationship to be exclusive.

8/23/2011 1:05:27 PM Am I being picky or what?  
iluv2read
Tellico Plains, TN

I thank you all for your responses and I greatly appreciate them. I 'have' been dating, looking at pics, going to dinners, coffee, milkshakes, and breakfasts with a lot of guys for 4yrs. I AM lucky to have found the qualities I was searching for in my guy. Good luck to all, Dove

8/23/2011 2:27:42 PM Am I being picky or what?  

binderdundat
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,893)
New Orleans, LA

Ohhhh!!!! So it's a "Success Story" thread!!! Goodie!!!!!

***yahoo's clapping hands icon here***

8/25/2011 8:07:56 PM Am I being picky or what?  
iluv2read
Tellico Plains, TN

Yes I have a date with this guy tomorrow for dinner. We just started out as friends and we can talk about everything. He and I have so much in common already..We are both capricorns and our personality is almost alike. I always heard that opposites attract but that's only a myth. I'll let you all know how my date was. I feel like a school girl waiting on her first date. Lol Dove

8/25/2011 9:22:20 PM Am I being picky or what?  
queen_pudge
Atlanta, GA

It's one thing for him to have his arms wrapped around her kissing her or something, but if she's just a friend, it's all good.

Personally, I think it's not cool to post ex-girlfriend pics, because you're trying to meet someone new. Thats like 2 people brushing their teeth with one tooth brush to me. LOL! What you put out there matters, and when I see a man's profile and he's all hugged up with someone, I don't message him.

Just sayin.

8/25/2011 9:36:56 PM Am I being picky or what?  

sweetpeapaddy
Salem, OR

Quote from binderdundat:
Ohhhh!!!! So it's a "Success Story" thread!!! Goodie!!!!!

***yahoo's clapping hands icon here***

That was funny!

OP
So, as soon as I go on a date with a guy, I'm not supposed to talk to any other guys?