Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

hookup websites

And some, such as Tinder, are based on swiping patterns. black dating los angeles Irrespective of whether it really is a one time acknowledgement of this report or an ongoing membership pledge, your help goes to regional primarily based reporting from our modest but mighty group. It is the ultimate remedy for any one feeling exhausted by pandemic dating. how to clear tinder cache A premium subscription adds other characteristics, such as refined search tools and the capacity to see customers who have liked you.

listcrawler 40

British app Loveflutter plans to use AI to monitor users chats for compatibility. quad city singles groups We basically ended up closing the diner, and when the staff ultimately kicked us out, we moved to a further nearby restaurant that was nonetheless open. I even locate myself becoming uncomfortable at instances when my partner wants to contribute to anything. skout dating People today can place on appearances on the web that are not in fact accurate to their genuine life.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

10/16/2012 8:28:26 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  
1mex
Flint, MI
52, joined Sep. 2012

911 is not working for the people es working for the criminals

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

10/16/2012 9:55:50 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  
young2fly
Detroit, MI
38, joined Sep. 2012

Detroit is as bad as they say and I hate to say it cuz I'm from the "D"! Nobody cares any more and its still going down! I pray 4 my city and the people in it God Bless Detroit

10/16/2012 9:59:43 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

iammsbeautiful
Detroit, MI
25, joined Nov. 2011

Yes!!! so many kids and mothers getting killed just in the home,so many young kids beening raped,so many people abuse elderly people... Its juso much crime going in dertroit this year then last year... So many is moving out of detroit. More schools is been close down....ALMBLUMANCE CANT NEVER TO SICK PEOPLE WHO CALL 911 FAST ENOUGH,FIRE TRUCKS CANT NEVER GET 2 EMERGENCY IN TIME.....THE POLICES DONT EVEN COME OUT UNLESS SOMEONE IS MURDER AND STILL IT TAKE THEM TWO HOURS OR MORE TO COME OUT AND EVERYTHING THATS GOING WITH THE POLICE CHIFE OF DETROIT WITH THE SEX SCANDAL AND THEN EVERYTHING THAT GOING ON WITH KILPRATICK...DETROIT IS Bad now i see and heard if you put on job applications that you live or from detroit they throw your applicaton in the trash... Now thats bad.. Now some people is so proud of detroit but detroit dont have nothing to be proud about and that bad.. every city should be proud of something an detroit isnt one of them...people who live there now dont even wanna live there. they are trying and are moving out of detroit now in todays world, people dont even wanna raise there family in detroit because of the stuff thats going on there.SMFH

10/16/2012 10:28:25 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

tyeki
Detroit, MI
37, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from iammsbeautiful:
Yes!!! so many kids and mothers getting killed just in the home,so many young kids beening raped,so many people abuse elderly people... Its juso much crime going in dertroit this year then last year... So many is moving out of detroit. More schools is been close down....ALMBLUMANCE CANT NEVER TO SICK PEOPLE WHO CALL 911 FAST ENOUGH,FIRE TRUCKS CANT NEVER GET 2 EMERGENCY IN TIME.....THE POLICES DONT EVEN COME OUT UNLESS SOMEONE IS MURDER AND STILL IT TAKE THEM TWO HOURS OR MORE TO COME OUT AND EVERYTHING THATS GOING WITH THE POLICE CHIFE OF DETROIT WITH THE SEX SCANDAL AND THEN EVERYTHING THAT GOING ON WITH KILPRATICK...DETROIT IS Bad now i see and heard if you put on job applications that you live or from detroit they throw your applicaton in the trash... Now thats bad.. Now some people is so proud of detroit but detroit dont have nothing to be proud about and that bad.. every city should be proud of something an detroit isnt one of them...people who live there now dont even wanna live there. they are trying and are moving out of detroit now in todays world, people dont even wanna raise there family in detroit because of the stuff thats going on there.SMFH

Detroit has nothing to be proud of??? I beg to differ I'm very proud that we have the TOP HEART SURGERY HOSPITAL IN THE COUNTRY (HENRY FORD) I AM ALSO PROUD THAT WE HAVE ONE OF THEE BEST COLLEGES FOR DOCTORS IN THE COUNTRY (WAYNE STATE) I AM ALSO PROUD THAT WE HAVE THE AFRICAN AMERICAN MUESEUM, SCIENCE CENTER,etc... I AM PROUD THAT THE NEW SCHOOLS ARE REALLY PREPARING THE KIDS FOR COLLEGE, GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL WITH COLLEGE CREDITS...I LOVE THE DIVERSITY OF THE NEW FORMING NEIGHBORHOODS AND NEW CONSTRUCTION... I AM SO PROUD OF THE HONEST LEADERS WHO DON'T JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON, BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS CORRUPT. I'M ALSO PROUD WE HOSTED THE SUPERBOWL and MULTIPLE OTHER FUNCTIONS THAT BRUNG MONEY TO THE CITY i.e. THE NASCAR RACE, THE BOAT RACE..... AND I'M DAMN PROUD OF THE ONES WHO STAY HERE AND FIGHT FOR MY CITY!!! ANDDDDDD..... MONROE HAS WHAT??? OH THAT BANGY OUTLET....LMAO.

THEN THEIR ARE THINGS I'M NOT SO PROUD OF.... I CAN'T CONTROL CORRUPT PEOPLE NEITHER CAN ANY OTHER DETROITER, ALL WE CAN DO IS VOTE FOR WHO SEEMS TO BE ON THE UP AND UP AND PRAY ON IT!!!! ALL THE LISTED NO POLICE, NO EMS, NO FIREMEN etc... THEY STOLE THEY MONEY AND SPENT IT, ITS GONE... NOT OUR FAULT! BUT WE STILL HERE... and WE COULD LEAVE TOO!!! SOME OF US CHOOSE TO STAY, FIGHT, and F**KIN' WIN!!!!!

PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE DON'T EVEN WANNA LIVE THERE??? REALLY?? WHO DID YOU POLL? A FEW PEPS YOU KNOW?? BECAUSE TOO MANY THAT I KNOW, THIS WILL ALWAYS BE HOME, EVEN IF THEY MOVED FOR EMPLOYMENT PURPOSES. CRIME IS GONNA BE.... GO TO CHICAGO, COMPTON, AND THE BRONX SAME SHIT DIFFERENT STATE. IS IT WORST??? WE WILL NEVER KNOW.... CHICAGO DOESN'T REPORT THEIR CRIME STATISTICS TO THE F.B.I. TO GET RATED IN MOST DANGEROUS CITIES!!

[Edited 10/16/2012 10:30:56 PM ]

10/17/2012 5:39:55 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  
johng85
Canton, MI
30, joined Apr. 2012

Midtown is one of my favorite places Ive lived next to Grosse Pointe Park when I had to be near WSU. Great times

10/17/2012 6:01:47 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

calthropstu
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,792)
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from tyeki:
Detroit has nothing to be proud of??? I beg to differ I'm very proud that we have the TOP HEART SURGERY HOSPITAL IN THE COUNTRY (HENRY FORD) I AM ALSO PROUD THAT WE HAVE ONE OF THEE BEST COLLEGES FOR DOCTORS IN THE COUNTRY (WAYNE STATE) I AM ALSO PROUD THAT WE HAVE THE AFRICAN AMERICAN MUESEUM, SCIENCE CENTER,etc... I AM PROUD THAT THE NEW SCHOOLS ARE REALLY PREPARING THE KIDS FOR COLLEGE, GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL WITH COLLEGE CREDITS...I LOVE THE DIVERSITY OF THE NEW FORMING NEIGHBORHOODS AND NEW CONSTRUCTION... I AM SO PROUD OF THE HONEST LEADERS WHO DON'T JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON, BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS CORRUPT. I'M ALSO PROUD WE HOSTED THE SUPERBOWL and MULTIPLE OTHER FUNCTIONS THAT BRUNG MONEY TO THE CITY i.e. THE NASCAR RACE, THE BOAT RACE..... AND I'M DAMN PROUD OF THE ONES WHO STAY HERE AND FIGHT FOR MY CITY!!! ANDDDDDD..... MONROE HAS WHAT??? OH THAT BANGY OUTLET....LMAO.

THEN THEIR ARE THINGS I'M NOT SO PROUD OF.... I CAN'T CONTROL CORRUPT PEOPLE NEITHER CAN ANY OTHER DETROITER, ALL WE CAN DO IS VOTE FOR WHO SEEMS TO BE ON THE UP AND UP AND PRAY ON IT!!!! ALL THE LISTED NO POLICE, NO EMS, NO FIREMEN etc... THEY STOLE THEY MONEY AND SPENT IT, ITS GONE... NOT OUR FAULT! BUT WE STILL HERE... and WE COULD LEAVE TOO!!! SOME OF US CHOOSE TO STAY, FIGHT, and F**KIN' WIN!!!!!

PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE DON'T EVEN WANNA LIVE THERE??? REALLY?? WHO DID YOU POLL? A FEW PEPS YOU KNOW?? BECAUSE TOO MANY THAT I KNOW, THIS WILL ALWAYS BE HOME, EVEN IF THEY MOVED FOR EMPLOYMENT PURPOSES. CRIME IS GONNA BE.... GO TO CHICAGO, COMPTON, AND THE BRONX SAME SHIT DIFFERENT STATE. IS IT WORST??? WE WILL NEVER KNOW.... CHICAGO DOESN'T REPORT THEIR CRIME STATISTICS TO THE F.B.I. TO GET RATED IN MOST DANGEROUS CITIES!!

The news polled people and 40% said they planned to leave detroit within the next 5 years.

The city has lost 2/3 of its population: and that is BEFORE factoring in new births.

When I watched the news a few days ago there was a story about a woman who bought a house and had no choice but to live with a squatter who just simply decided she was going to move in while the owner was away. The police did nothing. Anyone that saw that story would think "man there's no way I would want to move to detroit with THAT."

The bronx, compton, and chicago all have RISING populations. Detroit's population has been negative every census for the last 40 years. The census was so low this year that the mayor wants to try to contest the findings and hopes to find 40,000 nonexistent people because it lowers the amount of federal funding Detroit can get access to. If that 40% poll is accurate (which granted is not likely because a lot of people say they are going to move but never do) the population would fall to under 500,000 dropping it from the list of 50 largest cities in the country.

Proud of your schools? Detroit is ranked among the lowest in the nation. With a 70% less than high-school grad literacy rate amongst detroit I would think that your schools would be amongst the things you WOULDN'T try to claim pride for.

The Henry Ford hospital comment is genuine and something that is a huge boon to Detroit. Wayne state's medical campus is also something to be proud of. But there's so much bad that outweighs the good. I've been in the bronx, I've been in chicago and I didn't get the same feeling that I did when going through detroit.

I saw murders and robberies on the news when I lived near those places yes, but nothing on the sheer scale that detroit has. And the crime statistics for detroit are so far beyond any other city that it outshines in every dreadful category.

With a crime rate set at 15-16 times the national average it's the highest in the nation.

10/18/2012 7:25:00 AM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  
timetogolf
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,946)
Chesaning, MI
61, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from lmh_71:
You seem to really hate Michigan. Why don't you just leave?

he's a professional crybaby......he likes to complain........go to the Bronx, you love it so much

10/19/2012 3:10:18 AM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

jyee30
Harper Woods, MI
33, joined Oct. 2012

Actually, a long time ago, the welcome to Detroit sign says "we hope you survive" then they changed it to when it was founded.

10/19/2012 6:34:56 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from lmh_71:
You seem to really hate Michigan. Why don't you just leave? [/quote

I don't hate MICHIGAN. I like it, I was actually born in Michigan. I have a problem with how bad Detroit is. I loved Ann Arbor and Waterford was decent except for its proximity to Pontiac (which is almost as bad as Detroit btw). I like Livonia ok enough. Not once in any of my posts did I disparage Michigan itself. It's a hell of a lot better than South Carolina and New Mexico I'll say that much.

I've been in 24 cities off the 100 most crime ridden cities in the country list based off of the neighborhoodscout.com list and none of them came close to the sheer creepiness I felt in Detroit. The sheer number of completely abandoned buildings, the number of empty warehouses and factories, the horribly kept streets... and that's just aesthetic portions. A large number of the people I saw looked as run down as the city itself everyone either angry or in a state of despair.

I tried to find something in Detroit to honestly like but I couldn't do it.

Michigan itself however?

Michigan is NOT Detroit. Michigan has many wonderful areas. I saw some spectacular camping grounds, awesome fishing spots, beautiful hiking trails and some breathtaking views. Just because I dislike ONE CITY why would you accuse me of hating MICHIGAN?

10/19/2012 7:05:44 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  
goferit13
Over 2,000 Posts (2,023)
Charlevoix, MI
62, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from calthropstu:
eader]Quote from lmh_71:
You seem to really hate Michigan. Why don't you just leave? [/quote

I don't hate MICHIGAN. I like it, I was actually born in Michigan. I have a problem with how bad Detroit is. I loved Ann Arbor and Waterford was decent except for its proximity to Pontiac (which is almost as bad as Detroit btw). I like Livonia ok enough. Not once in any of my posts did I disparage Michigan itself. It's a hell of a lot better than South Carolina and New Mexico I'll say that much.

I've been in 24 cities off the 100 most crime ridden cities in the country list based off of the neighborhoodscout.com list and none of them came close to the sheer creepiness I felt in Detroit. The sheer number of completely abandoned buildings, the number of empty warehouses and factories, the horribly kept streets... and that's just aesthetic portions. A large number of the people I saw looked as run down as the city itself everyone either angry or in a state of despair.

I tried to find something in Detroit to honestly like but I couldn't do it.

Michigan itself however?

Michigan is NOT Detroit. Michigan has many wonderful areas. I saw some spectacular camping grounds, awesome fishing spots, beautiful hiking trails and some breathtaking views. Just because I dislike ONE CITY why would you accuse me of hating MICHIGAN?

well ya know there's one simple solution for your dislike of detroit. just don't f**kin go there. problem solved.

10/19/2012 7:54:30 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2012

actually the problem is bigger than that since my profession may force me to go there as long as I am in Michigan. Many companies are based in Detroit and as a web developer I will more than likely have to head into there on occasion to work on something.

Personally I'd rather work on something to make it better than to simply put it out of sight out mind.

10/20/2012 11:15:07 AM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

tyeki
Detroit, MI
37, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from calthropstu:
The news polled people and 40% said they planned to leave detroit within the next 5 years.

The city has lost 2/3 of its population: and that is BEFORE factoring in new births.

When I watched the news a few days ago there was a story about a woman who bought a house and had no choice but to live with a squatter who just simply decided she was going to move in while the owner was away. The police did nothing. Anyone that saw that story would think "man there's no way I would want to move to detroit with THAT."

The bronx, compton, and chicago all have RISING populations. Detroit's population has been negative every census for the last 40 years. The census was so low this year that the mayor wants to try to contest the findings and hopes to find 40,000 nonexistent people because it lowers the amount of federal funding Detroit can get access to. If that 40% poll is accurate (which granted is not likely because a lot of people say they are going to move but never do) the population would fall to under 500,000 dropping it from the list of 50 largest cities in the country.

Proud of your schools? Detroit is ranked among the lowest in the nation. With a 70% less than high-school grad literacy rate amongst detroit I would think that your schools would be amongst the things you WOULDN'T try to claim pride for.

The Henry Ford hospital comment is genuine and something that is a huge boon to Detroit. Wayne state's medical campus is also something to be proud of. But there's so much bad that outweighs the good. I've been in the bronx, I've been in chicago and I didn't get the same feeling that I did when going through detroit.

I saw murders and robberies on the news when I lived near those places yes, but nothing on the sheer scale that detroit has. And the crime statistics for detroit are so far beyond any other city that it outshines in every dreadful category.

With a crime rate set at 15-16 times the national average it's the highest in the nation.

What really is your point? Decreasing population is due to job availability, If there is no work what is left for the people? If you were not well established it is very hard to stay and afford.

I assumed you were an educated person who was maybe "just wondering" but I think I should be questioning your education.... thats why THEY ALWAYS SAY WANT TO HIDE SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE, PUT IT IN WRITING!!!... Your statistics on crime and education is inconclusive because it has never been proven. The education statistics is always done by County!!! SO ITS NO WAY TO DESIGNATE ALL OF ILLITERACY TO ONE CITY, WHEN THE STUDY WAS DONE ON THE WHOLE COUNTY!!!! The crime statistics is reported to the F.B.I, if other cities don't report all of their crime, it's no way you can prove that. Detroit is one of the honest cities who actually report although its not mandatory. All you have to do is read up on it, put the clicker down, and learn something.

And YES!!!!!, VERY PROUD OF MY HIGH SCHOOL AND THE EDUCATION I RECIEVED FROM MARTAIN LUTHER KING HIGH SCHOOL, one of the best schools, and we have more.. to name a few Cass Tech, Renissance, Commerce, and the list still could go on.... Was this thread really to hear the truth from "Real Detroiters" to know what you didn't? To me it appears you don't want to know the truths and good things about the city. You have your own "MEDIA TRUTHS" agenda and your running with it. LMAO...

This is a shame of a thread, we are ALL Michiganders.... Thing is I have State Pride, and City Love.... This my STATE and I care when any of it is doing bad ANYWHERE even in Livonia! OH, you're not even from here....a drifter could never understand!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/21/2012 8:33:38 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from tyeki: What really is your point? Decreasing population is due to job availability, If there is no work what is left for the people? If you were not well established it is very hard to stay and afford.

I assumed you were an educated person who was maybe "just wondering" but I think I should be questioning your education.... thats why THEY ALWAYS SAY WANT TO HIDE SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE, PUT IT IN WRITING!!!... Your statistics on crime and education is inconclusive because it has never been proven. The education statistics is always done by County!!! SO ITS NO WAY TO DESIGNATE ALL OF ILLITERACY TO ONE CITY, WHEN THE STUDY WAS DONE ON THE WHOLE COUNTY!!!! The crime statistics is reported to the F.B.I, if other cities don't report all of their crime, it's no way you can prove that. Detroit is one of the honest cities who actually report although its not mandatory. All you have to do is read up on it, put the clicker down, and learn something.

And YES!!!!!, VERY PROUD OF MY HIGH SCHOOL AND THE EDUCATION I RECIEVED FROM MARTAIN LUTHER KING HIGH SCHOOL, one of the best schools, and we have more.. to name a few Cass Tech, Renissance, Commerce, and the list still could go on.... Was this thread really to hear the truth from "Real Detroiters" to know what you didn't? To me it appears you don't want to know the truths and good things about the city. You have your own "MEDIA TRUTHS" agenda and your running with it. LMAO...

This is a shame of a thread, we are ALL Michiganders.... Thing is I have State Pride, and City Love.... This my STATE and I care when any of it is doing bad ANYWHERE even in Livonia! OH, you're not even from here....a drifter could never understand!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

================================FYDH=============================

Actually, I was born in Pontiac. I left when I was 3 and returned when I was 31.

Originally I knew very very little about Detroit so I asked. I did research. I even visited. I watched the news. I looked up statistic after statistic.

I was assaulted by story after story and statistic after statistic saying how horrible Detroit was. I've posted what I've found and the only defense that can be mounted is: "The statistics are wrong!"

Even some of the people that have posted in this thread openly admitted Detroit was bad.

As for being *proud of your education* I suggest going to another school... or at the very least getting a better spell checker. When you can't even spell the name of your own school something has failed miserably...

10/23/2012 12:41:34 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

tyeki
Detroit, MI
37, joined Mar. 2011

Actually, I was born in Pontiac. I left when I was 3 and returned when I was 31.

Originally I knew very very little about Detroit so I asked. I did research. I even visited. I watched the news. I looked up statistic after statistic.

I was assaulted by story after story and statistic after statistic saying how horrible Detroit was. I've posted what I've found and the only defense that can be mounted is: "The statistics are wrong!"

Even some of the people that have posted in this thread openly admitted Detroit was bad.

As for being *proud of your education* I suggest going to another school... or at the very least getting a better spell checker. When you can't even spell the name of your own school something has failed miserably...

That was simple typ-o, one I missed, which is rare. I type 75 wpm and in dying need of a nail trim....lmao!! sometimes that happens. Certainly not a case of a person who can't spell. I think thats very obvious, after all the other posts... but sometimes when you need a "one-up", going after one misspelled word, typ-o, or a person's personal profile is the next tactic. We don't have to play that game... I'm educated, and I can spell very accurately. Back to the topic!!!!

10/23/2012 8:08:24 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from tyeki:

That was simple typ-o, one I missed, which is rare. I type 75 wpm and in dying need of a nail trim....lmao!! sometimes that happens. Certainly not a case of a person who can't spell. I think thats very obvious, after all the other posts... but sometimes when you need a "one-up", going after one misspelled word, typ-o, or a person's personal profile is the next tactic. We don't have to play that game... I'm educated, and I can spell very accurately. Back to the topic!!!!

Actually, wasn't just one I only mentioned it because I thought it was the one most amusing.

But ok, no mention of grammar and typos.

10/23/2012 9:06:18 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

tyeki
Detroit, MI
37, joined Mar. 2011

Again, a typ-o... Amusing?? Really. Well when I'm posting I'm mainly trying to get a point across. I will admit, I half proofread/edit, because its just not that serious to me. When others have incorrect words or grammer, I don't correct them because this isn't English class. Exactly as to why I didn't correct you when you spelled "DIEING" I knew what you meant... I knew you meant "dying" We're all adults though!!! Adleast I thought so. But since we're on the topic that's SOOOO not a word.

10/24/2012 5:00:16 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from tyeki:
Again, a typ-o... Amusing?? Really. Well when I'm posting I'm mainly trying to get a point across. I will admit, I half proofread/edit, because its just not that serious to me. When others have incorrect words or grammer, I don't correct them because this isn't English class. Exactly as to why I didn't correct you when you spelled "DIEING" I knew what you meant... I knew you meant "dying" We're all adults though!!! Adleast I thought so. But since we're on the topic that's SOOOO not a word.

I didn't even notice that... Thank you for pointing it out. (Honest, I prefer to be made aware of my mistakes)

11/5/2012 2:21:21 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

greg753
Richmond, MI
29, joined Nov. 2012

Every one needs to just stop talking shit about my city...

11/5/2012 11:42:10 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from greg753:
Every one needs to just stop talking shit about my city...

Then have your city stop being shitty...

might help.

11/6/2012 9:55:29 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

qualified66
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,113)
Detroit, MI
49, joined Jul. 2010

Op you made this thread about how bad Detroit is and go in someone else thread defending Michigan...you do know Detroit is part and a big part of Michigan dont you?

11/6/2012 10:09:16 PM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

illan615
Holland, MI
53, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from young2fly:
Detroit is as bad as they say and I hate to say it cuz I'm from the "D"! Nobody cares any more and its still going down! I pray 4 my city and the people in it God Bless Detroit

Unfortunately, in every big city you have areas that are not safe. Most people know to stay out of there unless you are looking for trouble.

I have family that have lived in Detroit since the 70's. They are awesome, they take matters into their own hands.. volunteer, do community watch time..and they don't take any crap. The just don't turn their heads and say.."oh well, nobody cares".

11/7/2012 7:43:02 AM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

calthropstu
Phoenix, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from qualified66:
Op you made this thread about how bad Detroit is and go in someone else thread defending Michigan...you do know Detroit is part and a big part of Michigan dont you?

Actually, Detroit isn't that big a part of Michigan anymore. At under 750k people and constantly shrinking, its importance is becoming less and less all the time.

I have seen some very wonderful areas in Michigan my favorite being Ann Arbor. I've met some wonderful people and seen some beautiful countryside. I will miss some of it greatly. Alas, my career is taking me to a different state for now.

11/8/2012 7:08:57 AM Is Detroit really as bad as it seems?  

qualified66
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,113)
Detroit, MI
49, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from calthropstu:
Actually, Detroit isn't that big a part of Michigan anymore. At under 750k people and constantly shrinking, its importance is becoming less and less all the time.

I have seen some very wonderful areas in Michigan my favorite being Ann Arbor. I've met some wonderful people and seen some beautiful countryside. I will miss some of it greatly. Alas, my career is taking me to a different state for now.
Good Luck with your career and hope you enjoy the new state you are going too.