Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

cheating hookup

It really is true that number of singles who have met romantic partners on the internet improve from year to year. asian dating san jose No thought if that nevertheless exists now, but met a lot of very good and prosperous females on it. This situation will be despatched from our printer on or around the 5th December 2021. what is a pop id grindr Discovering your best match in your personal neighborhood has never ever been less difficult with eharmony.

what is the hookup app

Having said that, a new policy needs the customers to fill out only a couple of questions. kenai alaska singles The date started nicely, and we had a couple of drinks at a well liked bar in town. Tried to iMessage him, the messages have been sending as green rather than blue. locanto usa espaƱol You could ask anything that you would like to know about the person.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/18/2013 8:54:51 PM Newbie Atheist :)  
trizzles6
Minneapolis, MN
30, joined Feb. 2013

Hey everyone!

I grew up baptist in your stereotypical black church. I've always felt awkward and like the black sheep. I have a free-will/"anti" personality, love for science and a curious mind (I ask "why?" or show me proof a lot lol) so I never felt comfortable attending church and being surrounded by people running everywhere screaming and falling on the ground. Major awkwardness.

Anywho. I told one of my friends about how I am converting to atheism and he basically flipped out (which was expected, he's christian). He said he rather worship god and when he dies go to heaven then not believe at all and find out when you die, there IS a heaven and hell. Then it's too late.

So...... I kind of agree with him which I think is why I am kind of stuck. I feel like there's still a small percentage of me who still thinks there is a god/devil, heaven/hell and if I don't agree then I will go to hell. I am sure that's due to how I was raised or fear-base religion, maybe?

Would love feedback! Did any of you feel this way when you thought of converting? I am a newbie when it comes to Atheism and very open to everyone's viewpoints. Thanks!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/20/2013 12:40:31 AM Newbie Atheist :)  
mudgrrl
Eldorado, OH
33, joined Feb. 2013

I was brought up a Christmas and Easter Christian, but went to a Methodist church three times a week for a few years as an adult. I understand where you're coming from. I think you're probably right about the feeling being from how you were brought up in the religion. It's hard to let go.

I do not believe in a god, but I think that if there were one, that it would be more important to live a good life than to believe any particular thing. It seems like quite a crap shoot otherwise - what about all the people born in times and places where they could never hear about the *one* right religion? A religion prof of mine tried to pass that off that God (the Christian God) already knows who will be saved, so ensures that those people are born in a position and time to hear it. Sick. Personally, I think that any god who would accept rapists, murderers, and child molesters into heaven because they repented at the last minute and yet send good, decent people to hell because they didn't believe the right thing would not be worthy of belief or respect anyway. I'd rather go to hell with the fun people.

2/22/2013 7:38:00 PM Newbie Atheist :)  

enamel
Warrenville, IL
59, joined Sep. 2012

First off, the idea of adopting a belief counter to your thoughts is looney. What these people are saying is ACT as if you were still a believer. Don't rock the boat. Don't encourage thinking.
What your friend described is commonly called "Pascal's Wager", after the french mathematician/philosopher who formalized it.
The simplest response is (without going into apologetics) that he (and every other believer)are guessing which mode of worship will get them to heaven. If there is only one, he has a slim chance of getting it exactly right. And if a range is acceptable, then your skepticism based on the lack of evidence is as likely to qualify as his wrong guess.

You haven't converted to anything. There is no dogma to atheism. Some stuff I think I know. Some stuff I have an idea. Some I have no clue. But someone else' claim that they do know the "truth" better be backed up with more than 1500 year old books that can only be true because they claim to be.

2/24/2013 11:21:28 PM Newbie Atheist :)  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,556)
Pinon Hills, CA
46, joined Sep. 2011

Atheism isn't a club or a religion. There's not converting or baptism. You believe in God or you don't. Just live you life and be happy, that's all that is required. And when people ask you "why oh why don't you believe in God", tell them.

4/10/2013 8:31:39 AM Newbie Atheist :)  
exustio
Amarillo, TX
25, joined Mar. 2013

Pascal's wager.(I hate this argument)

If you feel any doubt think of it this way. There are many different religions(some older than Christianity) in this world; all of these religions claim to be the one true religion, and that if you don't believe your doomed in some way. However, none of these religions have any scientific evidence(They are true because they say they are true). So which one do people commonly believe? The one taught to them by there parents. If so, then how do the parents know they were right? They were taught the same as the child so they don't know if they believe the right religion.

Even in Christianity/Catholisism if you believe say baptist beliefs your taught that Catholics/Presbyterians/Methodist are wrong, and by being wrong they'll go to hell.(Based off my parents taking me to many baptist churches as a kid).

In my opinion going to church is like a bandaid for the fear of dying.

5/23/2013 1:05:44 AM Newbie Atheist :)  

vicix
Arizona City, AZ
28, joined May. 2013

Go to reddit, find r/atheism, copy and paste this. The majority of people over there actually helped me through some of the tougher issues.

5/23/2013 10:13:37 PM Newbie Atheist :)  

nitramo
Columbus, OH
57, joined May. 2013

You were very likely not born right out of your mothers womb as a believer in much other than mothers milk and crapping your diaper. That was actually the default atheist position. You didn't believe in God yet, someone gave you that silly idea and at some point it probably stuck. In other words, we're ALL born atheist. Everything else was programmed into you.

6/29/2013 6:31:25 PM Newbie Atheist :)  

holysmokes30
Worcester, MA
34, joined Jun. 2013

So you haven't been shown any signs yet??

God is SLACKING

6/29/2013 11:04:55 PM Newbie Atheist :)  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
31, joined Mar. 2013

What are the younger generation becoming "atheist" as a fad now a days???

I'm against religions since I was 12 because my dad took me to a praying gathering and I really didn't feel comfortable going to a place like that especially when it wasn't a church I went to. People were so fake hiding behind religion and they are scum the rest of the time. The preacher had a very expensive car but asking for more money when you knew he never gave to the community or to fix the "church". That's my story why I don't care for organized religion. Mainly Christianity

6/30/2013 4:44:06 PM Newbie Atheist :)  

holysmokes30
Worcester, MA
34, joined Jun. 2013

Well of course there are many religions to choose from.
Religion was created in an era we know little about. You see it even in these posts. Everyone thinks they know what is right. We cant say in this age of technology what spurred the first person to spread the word per se.

However many different templates of religion there are and how each tries to cram that elephant-in-the-room into their specifically prescribed boundaries, the question still is, is there a god, not did I show up at the right dinner table.

6/30/2013 5:13:47 PM Newbie Atheist :)  

walking10
Over 1,000 Posts (1,188)
Port Orange, FL
76, joined Dec. 2012

I use to take the quarter my momma gave me to donate at sunday school,slip out the back door and go buy candy.So they never got the chance to instill the fear of the big daddy in the sky ,in me.