Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

the best hookup apps 2018

Was it the year their buddies threw them a substantial surprise celebration or the year they spent alone, drinking beer, and reading a book? Certain, this can enable you come up with concepts down the line but extra importantly, it offers you an notion of what tends to make them really feel particular. men seeking men cleveland ohio For first timers to speed dating events, questioning which queries to ask can be a little daunting. How a lot of times have you met an individual on the net, liked their profile, proceeded to commence a conversation, and got the shock of your life for the reason that of their cringy opener? We ve all faced these eye roll inducing pickup lines and looked for the unmatch button. doublelist colorado springs In no way have I ever inquiries for couples normally operates.

list listcrawler

I appear to be the only individual in the planet who is friends with people today who never reside lives through the window of their phones. grande prairie alberta singles At Story Party, you ll hear actual dating stories that will make you feel far better since, let s be sincere, it could be worse. You get the impression that some females believe males like me are so desperate that they don t have to take any care more than their look when you meet. read the hookup kristen ashley online Create on these bits and pieces of information that you currently have.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/25/2008 8:57:22 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
ladyinoz
Wichita, KS
70, joined May. 2008

I was reading some profiles where men were seeking "Open-Minded" women. What does that refer to? What is is? Sex? Opinions? Travel? That can mean almost anything. What does it mean to you?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/25/2008 9:00:11 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
redneckhippy
Over 1,000 Posts (1,162)
Pottsboro, TX
48, joined Mar. 2008

It's all in the perspective of the writer, and the reader.

To some, openminded means sex. To others, it could mean opinions.

Anything here will be nothing more than speculation...

When in doubt,
ask the person who requests openminded what they mean.

6/25/2008 9:01:14 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
littlelostgirl
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,108)
Suffern, NY
30, joined May. 2008

Im thinkin it means being able to talk about alot of different topics...
While having an open mind to each one..it can be religon...to current events...to anything..pretty much being able to have an open and mature conversation about it..

6/25/2008 9:05:52 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
lillibet
Over 2,000 Posts (3,579)
New South Wales
Australia
59, joined Jan. 2008

well openminded means having a mind receptive to new ideas, etc.. unprejudiced. and prejudiced means an opinion formed beforehand an unfavourable one based on inadequate facts So i think you will find they want an openminded woman one who is willing to accept them as is and open to trying new things in life...In other words dont have a closed mind ..I hope this helps....

6/25/2008 9:33:50 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
justforums
Over 2,000 Posts (3,314)
Killeen, TX
48, joined May. 2008

Quote from lillibet:
well openminded means having a mind receptive to new ideas, etc.. unprejudiced. and prejudiced means an opinion formed beforehand an unfavourable one based on inadequate facts So i think you will find they want an openminded woman one who is willing to accept them as is and open to trying new things in life...In other words dont have a closed mind ..I hope this helps....

Yup, thats what I mean. It could be about sex, politics, religion, or even trying a new dish. You know, open minded!

6/25/2008 9:41:04 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
hunrock
Preston, ID
55, joined Mar. 2008

I am not open minded...I am very quiet.

6/25/2008 9:45:18 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

mimam
Pahoa, HI
40, joined Feb. 2008

Open minded means different things to different people, but from my opinion, openminded girl means a girl who would not stick to hear old habbits and be willing to discuss new concepts in life in the hope of reaching a common ground between the couple.

6/25/2008 9:45:24 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

reenie4
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,705)
Milwaukee, WI
60, joined Dec. 2007

Open Minded= No Attachements

6/25/2008 9:47:27 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
garnetlady
Over 2,000 Posts (3,229)
Cincinnati, OH
57, joined Nov. 2007

I find the term usually means open to anything in sex.

6/25/2008 9:47:36 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
lillibet
Over 2,000 Posts (3,579)
New South Wales
Australia
59, joined Jan. 2008

Thankyou justforums hope you find your open minded girl...

6/25/2008 9:52:21 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
janisidy
Richfield, UT
56, joined Jun. 2008

Having or showing receptiveness to new and different ideas or the opinions of others?

6/25/2008 9:56:24 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
im14love2breal
Metairie, LA
50, joined Jun. 2008

Able to discuss many subjects without prejudice ,considering this is about dating! Sex forum... how you feel about someone shitting on your chest?

6/25/2008 9:59:31 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
metu
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (30,392)
Auburndale, FL
55, joined Apr. 2007

Open Minded = No Opinions

6/25/2008 10:14:57 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
fredricko
Pico Rivera, CA
58, joined Apr. 2008

wont pass judgement till they get to know you

6/25/2008 10:23:39 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

chill67
Murfreesboro, TN
50, joined Jun. 2008

Or it just may be a way to get you to email them and ask them what open minded means to them.

6/25/2008 10:24:39 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
klassyklown
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,104)
Bakersfield, CA
48, joined Feb. 2007

I think open minded means open to consider other beliefs, opinions and ideas beside your own.

6/25/2008 10:31:27 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

tfortexas
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,237)
Big Sandy, TX
65, joined Feb. 2008

6/25/2008 10:41:14 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
arreis
Over 2,000 Posts (3,346)
Cottonwood, AZ
55, joined Oct. 2007

I think it means..."are you willing to conform?"

I tend to stay away from people who I feel are forcing their ideas and beliefs on to me. I seldom do it and I dont appreciate it when others do it to me. I'm a factual person and need to see proof not just theories and beliefs. JMO

6/25/2008 11:09:47 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
jessie7856
Jupiter, FL
44, joined Mar. 2008

Open minded = different sexual situations

6/25/2008 11:11:28 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
fredricko
Pico Rivera, CA
58, joined Apr. 2008

I must be open minded then if thats what it means

6/25/2008 11:14:07 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
arreis
Over 2,000 Posts (3,346)
Cottonwood, AZ
55, joined Oct. 2007

Quote from fredricko:
I must be open minded then if thats what it means

fred. I think you like this question. I read your profile...

6/25/2008 11:16:57 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
sumbeach777
Over 1,000 Posts (1,485)
Red Springs, NC
53, joined Feb. 2008

Once I had and open mind then there came a large wind storm , and blew it all to hell....OOOOPsyy.....LOL

6/26/2008 12:03:17 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
kittyj77
Over 2,000 Posts (2,558)
College Station, TX
37, joined Nov. 2007

The windows and doors of the mind are not shut, but is open to anything and everything. There are no definite clear-cut solutions.. There's always room for possibilities, ideas, alternatives, and suggestions.

6/26/2008 5:51:58 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
ladygodiva49
Mankato, MN
57, joined Jun. 2008

When we remain open-minded and willingly embrace the ideas of others, we participate in our own self-growth. And as we see ourselves improve, we raise our level of self-esteem, thereby decreasing our need to always be right. Also, by welcoming the ideas of others, we increase their confidence. Those who need to be right depend on others for their self-esteem. They need to have others recognize and approve of them. But as we grow increasingly interested in DOING right, rather than BEING right, we boost our confidence and self-respect and are no longer dependent on others for our own happiness.

So, always try to be open-minded. When others speak, don't look for points to disagree with, but look for wisdom that you can add to your own. The open-minded see the truth in different things, but the narrow-minded see only the differences. We need our differences. For they provide us with more options and possibilities, making us stronger and wiser.

Have fun!

6/26/2008 6:00:39 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

lucky7708
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,345)
Minneapolis, MN
70, joined Jan. 2008

The mind is like a parachute; it does you no good when it's closed.

6/26/2008 6:01:43 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
bellagioqueen
Oregon City, OR
67, joined Mar. 2008

Open mind means willing to agree with me all the time.

__OR__

Willing to do what ever he wants in bed.

6/26/2008 6:16:19 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
jrbogie
Over 2,000 Posts (2,288)
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2008

open minded to me means i really KNOW nothing and never will. when you think you KNOW something, your mind is now closed on that issue whether it be gods or science. because if you KNOW something is true, then there is no reason to give that subject further thought. think of isaac newton. smartest man of his day. came up with an explanation of what gravity was all about. for 500 years we then KNEW how gravity works it's magic. then one day al einstein woke up and said, "hey, sir isaac is full of shit", yes, newton was knighted for his brilliance, and went on to explain how he now KNOWS it works. now stephen hawkings and others have questions about what the great one KNEW.

every time we learn something, we open up even more questions. questions we did not even think to ask until we learned what we just did. when you can realize that you can never really KNOW anything, you have an open mind. another word for openminded is intelligent.

6/26/2008 8:30:46 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

ladyeden
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,825)
Waynesville, MO
57, joined Apr. 2008

In the big wide world, open minded means all the good things mentioned.
On a net site it means "brace yerself honey".

6/26/2008 8:39:10 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

osoroho
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,378)
Mesquite, TX
66, joined Jun. 2007

To me it means opening ones self up to look at things without preconcived thoughts to explore anothers side of a sudject I see several ladys think this only means sex why is that? I dont understand that.. But i am open minded so please tell me then i will know... Willy

6/26/2008 9:15:29 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

jerrig
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,136)
Saint Charles, MO
48, joined Jun. 2008

I have dated 2 guys in my life that stated off the bat they were open minded. Then I took it to mean that they were not set in their ways and thoughts to the point of being bull headed.
As it turns out, the first guy meant... I have no set opinions of my own so I am gonna agree with EVERYTHING you say and adapt it as my own until I hear someone else speak then I am going to agree with them.

The second guy meant... I like to suck on pacifiers, wear diapers and call women Mommy.

So now my thoughts on "open minded" are a little jaded and I tend to run the other way when I read that in a profile or it is mentioned up front.
Because in my opinion if you state that you are open minded real quick like then it means that chances are it means something other than being open to other peoples view points.

6/26/2008 9:18:47 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
22lonely
Saugus, MA
56, joined Mar. 2008

"open minded" in the real world is all the things stated previously......"open minded" here in this world could mean.......he's married.......he looking for just sex....or he's looking for someone to try sexual things out with,,stuff his wife would never do..(JMO)

6/26/2008 9:50:10 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

nodresiak
Versailles, OH
40, joined Mar. 2008

Since I described myself as "open minded" in my profile I thought I would respond to this thread.

I think that too many people are rigid and unflexible in their views.They never consider the other persons opinion because they already had their mind made up before coming into conversation.It is folly to never question your own views.If you don't you are basically saying all of your decisions are infallibe.This does not mean that I do not have a deeply held set of beleifs.I am not a flip flopper who wants to go along with the rest of the crowd.I am just realistic enough to know that I am not always right.

I was trying to let everyone know that I think a relationship is a equal partnership and not a dictatorship.

I was not even thinking about any sexual connotations when I put down "open minded".

6/26/2008 9:53:03 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
missmmeoftheday
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,502)
Brooklyn, NY
51, joined May. 2008

Quote from nodresiak:
Since I described myself as "open minded" in my profile I thought I would respond to this thread.

I think that too many people are rigid and unflexible in their views.They never consider the other persons opinion because they already had their mind made up before coming into conversation.It is folly to never question your own views.If you don't you are basically saying all of your decisions are infallibe.This does not mean that I do not have a deeply held set of beleifs.I am not a flip flopper who wants to go along with the rest of the crowd.I am just realistic enough to know that I am not always right.

I was trying to let everyone know that I think a relationship is a equal partnership and not a dictatorship.

I was not even thinking about any sexual connotations when I put down "open minded".

and after reading the responses here.... are you thinking of the sexual connotations???

open minded, to me, means accepting the fact that people think differently about everything from A to Z- and no one opinion is right....

except, of course, mine...

6/26/2008 10:15:31 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
jrbogie
Over 2,000 Posts (2,288)
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2008

Quote from jerrig:
I have dated 2 guys in my life that stated off the bat they were open minded. Then I took it to mean that they were not set in their ways and thoughts to the point of being bull headed.
As it turns out, the first guy meant... I have no set opinions of my own so I am gonna agree with EVERYTHING you say and adapt it as my own until I hear someone else speak then I am going to agree with them.

The second guy meant... I like to suck on pacifiers, wear diapers and call women Mommy.

So now my thoughts on "open minded" are a little jaded and I tend to run the other way when I read that in a profile or it is mentioned up front.
Because in my opinion if you state that you are open minded real quick like then it means that chances are it means something other than being open to other peoples view points.

good point. as with any quality trait, be it and leave it for others to decide if they think you are it without you saying it. does that make any sense at all? sometimes my convoluted thinking confuses even me.

[Edited 6/26/2008 10:16:57 AM ]

6/26/2008 10:20:37 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

madman5159
Katy, TX
45, joined Jun. 2008

How about it just means not to have a closed mind in other words don't be narrow. Be open to new ideas ,new places, new people It doesn't always pertain to sex gees! Just have a wide variety in your life keep it different. Make sense?

[Edited 6/26/2008 10:34:59 AM ]

6/26/2008 10:25:37 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
misbhavin08
Big Rapids, MI
35, joined May. 2008

an open minded person Receptive to new and different ideas or the opinions of others. See synonyms at broad-minded

(derivatives)

o´pen-mind´ed·ly
adverb
o´pen-mind´ed·ness

basically being spontaneous not afraid of trying something new and different!

6/26/2008 10:31:29 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
leftyl8
Over 2,000 Posts (3,493)
Waverly, NY
51, joined Apr. 2008

openminded is often used in open relationships where they can have multiple partners and still be together. not my cup of tea though.

6/26/2008 10:36:45 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

madman5159
Katy, TX
45, joined Jun. 2008

kinda went out there huh?? Wheeew! ok then on to the next topic!

6/26/2008 10:53:23 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
wolfi
Over 2,000 Posts (3,025)
Albuquerque, NM
51, joined Jan. 2008

In the real world, 'open minded' means they don't automatically judge everyone and everything based solely on preconceived notions (which is what most people do).
Online, 'open minded' = 'I'll f*** anything'.

6/26/2008 11:14:27 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

ccherie
Over 2,000 Posts (2,069)
Salem, OR
62, joined May. 2008

Quote from tfortexas:

Under this definition.... Yes, I am open minded

6/26/2008 11:23:44 AM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

jaxflorida
Jacksonville, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

6/26/2008 12:16:58 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
luvwild
Brooklyn, NY
50, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from tfortexas:

I think you have it right.

6/26/2008 12:51:05 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
usakindatheart
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,879)
Overton, TX
56, joined Mar. 2008

when you have your skull is removed...

6/26/2008 4:56:40 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

jerrig
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,136)
Saint Charles, MO
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from jrbogie:
Quote from jerrig:

good point. as with any quality trait, be it and leave it for others to decide if they think you are it without you saying it. does that make any sense at all? sometimes my convoluted thinking confuses even me.

Made sense to me, but I am a little odd. Or so I am told.

6/26/2008 5:01:47 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

lobo_corazon
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (38,137)
Orleans, ON
48, joined May. 2008

Quote from ladyinoz:
I was reading some profiles where men were seeking "Open-Minded" women. What does that refer to? What is is? Sex? Opinions? Travel? That can mean almost anything. What does it mean to you?

He is married, and/or wants to nail you in the pooper.

6/26/2008 5:02:24 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

lobo_corazon
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (38,137)
Orleans, ON
48, joined May. 2008

Quote from littlelostgirl:
Im thinkin it means being able to talk about alot of different topics...
While having an open mind to each one..it can be religon...to current events...to anything..pretty much being able to have an open and mature conversation about it..

Or this. But if it's a guy, probably my previous answer.

6/26/2008 5:35:07 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  

knittinkitten
Over 2,000 Posts (2,015)
Lady Lake, FL
80, joined Jan. 2007

Quote from ccherie:
Quote from tfortexas:

Yup, this is the one that I like the best! Unfortunately, after reading so many mens' profiles and then talking with them, SO FAR, the open-mindedness they mention, has strictly dealt with the sexual aspects of a relationship. Not one, to date, who mentioned "open-mindedness" in his profile, has discussed ANYTHING ELSE in regard to those words.

In my ongoing pact with myself, (not to blame the next guy for what the last guy did), I AM keeping an OPEN MIND when corresponding with men who have put this in their profiles. However, at the first sign that their open-mindedness means he's looking for a woman who is open to endlessly discussing all aspects of sex, to the exclusion of any other subject,
he soon learns that my mind is ALSO open to "Delete and Block".

I have a question to ask all these men who profess to want to deal with the truth.....Why don't you just put what you're looking for right in your profile? I would think it would waste far less time. Or is it the thrill of the hunt????

It's rhetorical, I really don't EXPECT any answers...

KK

6/26/2008 7:19:33 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
ladyinoz
Wichita, KS
70, joined May. 2008

What I'm thinking is that if a man states he wants someone that is open minded he is probably thinking something kinky. Otherwise, why does he even have to make that statement in the first place. Men, I'd suggest you remove that Open Minded statement if you are looking for substance rather than sex. Any woman that sees "open minded" will probably see a red flag and run. Just my opinion.

6/26/2008 7:26:48 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
talk2kay
Toledo, OH
41, joined Jun. 2008

Open-minded means (to me), being able to talk, explore, and expect anything.

Talking about things you normally wouldn't talk about.

Exploring things that you only, if ever, seen on tv.

Expecting the unreal, the unthinkable, and the unbelieveable, in every asspect!

Surely, that's not half bad.
As long as, while you are discussing these open-minded issues, you know your limits.
And always make sure, you make your limits crystalclear with the other person!!!

6/26/2008 7:52:51 PM What does "Open Minded" mean?  
beanz991
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,570)
Houston, TX
50, joined Jun. 2008

Open minded in an internet dating profile means. S E X, lots of it, when I want it, you will do whatever I want, when I want, where I want.

The open minded usually only refers to the 'victims' mind. The poster will NOT have an open mind....so if you suggest instead of his/her idea of a night indulging in S&M with the neighborhood dwarves, and instead suggest an evening of scrabble and light music, he/she will be very very closed minded indeed!