Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames chat

Like any other aspect of technologies, it has its pros and cons. asian singles boston And, boy, there s nothing at all far more painful than sitting via a full course meal out of politeness. It is brave and flirty—two points your match will adore. meganthekim onlyfans Uk primarily based help uk totally free chat, instant connections with singles in our instant messenger net.

listcrawler

If your date is clever sufficient to get hints, they would know what to expect when you ask this query. dating ventura ca That s 1 of the most impressive factors about AmourFactory — there are numerous detailed profiles with far more than ten photos on this platform. About Geni, it s very simple to put in a profile, build a very best totally free shemale sites family area, upload documents, and also foster a comprehensive visualization of your loved ones all through the ages. russian dating site los angeles Yes it really is correct, can meet with a lot of people today but cant assure will meet your Mr/Mrs Ideal.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/30/2013 10:33:11 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

s_g
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,115)
Kennesaw, GA
54, joined Oct. 2008

I usually do research based on the crash test ratings, history with mechanical issues and family/roadtrip friendly

There is so much info out there so...
If you had to choose an SUV or minivan would you go with any of the following?

and why or why not? any others with high recommendations(personal experience)

All used BTW...under 60K miles

vans...
Honda Odyssey
Toyota Sienna

SUV

Honda CRV
Toyota RAV4
Hyundai Tucson

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/30/2013 10:37:00 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

sstiglets
Lakeland, GA
51, joined Jan. 2012

I prefer 4×4 pickups.
But any crash can be fatal. Depends on circumstances

3/30/2013 10:43:42 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

s_g
Kennesaw, GA
54, joined Oct. 2008

^ any one in particular?

3/30/2013 10:48:57 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

sstiglets
Lakeland, GA
51, joined Jan. 2012

That's according to what you can afford. What you can afford if it brakes. Gas mileage, I think Chevy is better. Dependability also Chevy is better.
New Fords maybe getting better don't know.
Cheaper is probably Toyota's

3/30/2013 10:56:29 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

370znismo1
Lawrenceville, GA
51, joined Nov. 2012

You know me im the car guy. Honda Odyssey hands down. It's safe good on gas and very dependable. You might pay a little more but you get what you pay for. Stay away from an SUV. Unless you want to spend a lot of money at the gas pump. Jmo

3/30/2013 11:01:54 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

sstiglets
Lakeland, GA
51, joined Jan. 2012

I would of probably got a Chevy but ever since the bail outs I have little respect for them.

3/30/2013 11:06:01 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

pentopaper
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (52,079)
Okmulgee, OK
49, joined Nov. 2008

all those pix are good cars steph.

when you decide the best thing you can do with any vehicle is pull the oil and trans dipstick,,if you smell a burnt smell dont hesitate to walk away (better safe than sorry),,,oil should be a light brown to clear look and trans should be a deep red/maroon

when you walk up to a car first thing you do is nonchalantly lay your hand on the hood,,,if it feel like the car has been running red flags should go up,,,if the hood is cold it shows the owner isnt afraid of a cold start test.
walk around back and look at the tail of the suv if it is coated in a dark dirty mess it is a clue to a smoking problem,,,if car is cold and passes that test run your finger inside the end of tail pipe if your finger comes away clean that is good,,if it comes away dirty or a black powder that is bad

test drive it like you drive,,,hit 4 or 5 red lights and run it down the interstate,,,listen and feel for skips and hesitates,,,when you get on the onramp ROMP ON IT & see if it heaitates before it takes off

always remember,,,its YOUR money the person is trying to get THEIR hands on,,that person is not your friend nor will ever be,,,,trust your instinct,,you smell something not right dont be afraid to walk away its your money

take a mechanic with you when you go OR pull into your local reputable garage during the test drive and pay the 50 bux to have the mechanic to hook it up to the computer,,,it will tell you anything thats wrong with the car,,,,,if said seller balks at you hooking it up to the computer then walk away he is hiding something,,,,,,,REMEMBER,,,ITS YOUR MONEY & THE SELLER IS NOT YOUR FRIEND

3/30/2013 11:06:04 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  
pingeye2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,892)
Savannah, GA
64, joined Jun. 2011

1. Be patient, THINK a day before you finally commit to buy.

I had to let out ol 2000 Volvo S80 go, it was starting to have some major dollar investments needing to be done to it. Got our money out of it.

Taking my time, I got a 2004 Toyota Corolla with 26,330 actual miles on it. Confirmed by the dealership who sold, serviced it exclusively..and Carfax. I get 33 mpg, it's not luxurious, but dependable. I don't need a vehicle to define who/what I am. And, its just right for Mia and I.

Find out what you need, what you can afford, and be patient. Research,and if you have to..take the vehicle for an independent exam. I did that with the Corolla, and that just confirmed the mileage was original.

I like the Toyota Rav 4 you've listed. Dependable engine, vehicle.

3/30/2013 11:13:55 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  
avtech39
Over 2,000 Posts (3,625)
Peachtree City, GA
46, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from 370znismo1:
You know me im the car guy. Honda Odyssey hands down. It's safe good on gas and very dependable. You might pay a little more but you get what you pay for. Stay away from an SUV. Unless you want to spend a lot of money at the gas pump. Jmo

Even though I don't know as much about cars as you, I agree with your choice. Honda builds dependable vehicles with good ratings.

My wife and I did our research and ended up with a Honda Ridgeline. We love it!

Soapie, if a professional is telling you to get the Odyssey, I would listen to him. He knows what comes in to be repaired more, and what types of problems they normally have.

But, of course, it all depends on how well the vehicle has been taken care of.

I take it the gas cap did not work.

3/30/2013 11:19:34 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

pentopaper
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (52,079)
Okmulgee, OK
49, joined Nov. 2008

i hold to it,after you have made your choice of the car you want,,,the best thing in the world you can do is take the car to a shop and pay the few dollars to have the computer plugged into it,,,it will print out a report of everything wrong with the car,,,,if the seller balks then walk away.

you can do this with ANY CAR/TRUCK/SUV built after 1992

3/30/2013 11:42:50 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

s_g
Kennesaw, GA
54, joined Oct. 2008

thanks everybody!

I know everybody has different needs, wants etc in a vehicle but I appreciate all the advice.

I'm not an impulse buyer...never have been. If I decide on a top 2 and find a good one at what I think is a good/fair deal then that will be quick

Al, I won't know about the gas cap until everything resets. It's gonna take a few days. The cost of those repairs (if needed) are more that the vehicle is worth.

It's a 2001 Sienna and has been a very good vehicle. If I put a few grand into it, (even though it wouldn't sell for that) with some luck I MAY get another 50K miles out of it....just trying to figure out my options. You never know what's going to happen to it next and I'd hate to have that repair money pissed away and still need a vehicle

Oh, and Larry....it would be a pre-certified deal

[Edited 3/30/2013 11:45:23 AM ]

3/30/2013 11:45:31 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  
avtech39
Over 2,000 Posts (3,625)
Peachtree City, GA
46, joined Jun. 2009

That's true, Pinto. It is worth the money to have it plugged up and find out what the computer has stored.

3/30/2013 12:12:14 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  
reaperway
Saint Louis, MO
43, joined Jan. 2013

pre certified deal is almost always NOT dependable,,,,the dealer is going to show you what he wants you to see from HIS mechanic,,the deck is stacked from jump street,,,,of coarse you cant afford to have every car you look at or test hooked up to the puter,,,,what i am saying is before you go dropping thousands of dollars on a 12 year old car,,take it to a independent shop that is neither for you or the seller and let them plug it in to their computer and get a up to today report of anything that could be wrong with the car and a report of what the cost will be to fix it,,,,the 50 bux you spend could save you thousands,,,,if the seller balks or makes excuses as to why you shouldent then they are hiding something

"well we just did a 50 point inspection so you dont need to spend the money on a computer report"

"then you wouldent mind if i just see for myself,,i am kinda weird that way"

"but you would be just waiting your money,,we do a 50 point inspection"

"then you wouldent mind if i just see for myself,,i am kinda weird that way"

"here i can show you the report"

"i dont know your mechanic,,maybe he was having a bad day or was in a hurry to go to lunch"

"oh'no he is a very good mechanic"

"then you wouldent mind if i see myself,,i am kinda weird that way"

point is,,,they wont let you go see for yourself,,,then they are hiding something,,walk away its your money

ever tried to sell something to a old person,,its a pain in the ass,,they ask a thousand questions,call their friends,,wanna wait till tomorrow to sleep on it,,,,,they aint being a pain in the ass,,they have been ripped off before and aint gonna do it again

any car 1993 or newer has a onboard computer and can be tested,,it only takes 15 min costs 50 bux and you get a "up to today right now" report of anything that is wrong with it

3/30/2013 3:31:17 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  
tonya__lasagna
Over 1,000 Posts (1,494)
Lawrenceville, GA
43, joined Dec. 2012

Are you going to sell the van?

You might be able to sell it to someone who can work on it themself for more than you can get on trade in.

3/30/2013 4:21:49 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

370znismo1
Lawrenceville, GA
51, joined Nov. 2012

If you can get your van to Loganville. I'll scan it and find out everything it needs for you. It will only take a few minutes. Plus it will cost you nothing other than the trip.

3/30/2013 5:39:00 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

s_g
Kennesaw, GA
54, joined Oct. 2008

Quote from 370znismo1:
If you can get your van to Loganville. I'll scan it and find out everything it needs for you. It will only take a few minutes. Plus it will cost you nothing other than the trip.

Thanks Marvin!! I might just take you up on that. If so, I'll call you so we can set up a good time.

If I find the major components are okay, I may decide to put a little into it with the hopes of getting a lot more miles out of it. It should have a good 40-50K left in it

But not if I have to do something like this every few months. A newer one would be nice but it's not a good time

Tonya, I'm just researching now so I haven't got that far. Just the parts......if the entire evap system does need replacing.....are about $800

I know I'm all over the place...it's a process

3/30/2013 5:47:42 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

bitahunni
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,527)
Lawrenceville, GA
49, joined Jun. 2011

It's OK to be all over the place in this process. Every adult needs a reliable form of transportation in this area. Vehicles are expensive.

3/30/2013 6:07:59 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

370znismo1
Lawrenceville, GA
51, joined Nov. 2012

Evap? That's easy and could be very cheap. Call me if you can let's talk about it. Do you have the codes? Oh and do you still have my number?

3/30/2013 6:34:16 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  
cc4187
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,450)
Lagrange, GA
57, joined Dec. 2009

I have a new Kia Soul...LOVE IT. The car has sun roof, GPS, heated seats, push button start, climate control, blue tooth, tells you your gas milage, and more.. Nicest car I ever owned. Hamsters are extra.

3/30/2013 6:42:08 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  
cris770
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,378)
Kingston, GA
39, joined Jul. 2012

I've been driving the same truck for twelve yrs now. I need a new one but I don't have 50k to buy it so if someone wants to buy it for me I'm game

3/30/2013 6:48:38 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

s_g
Kennesaw, GA
54, joined Oct. 2008

Quote from 370znismo1:
Evap? That's easy and could be very cheap. Call me if you can let's talk about it. Do you have the codes? Oh and do you still have my number?

I do have the codes....not in front of me right now.
I think I have your numer in my phone.

I have a few kid things wrapping up....I'll check later

Chris, I've been driving this for about 12 years also

3/30/2013 8:31:38 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

fosplicer
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,507)
Dallas, GA
55, joined May. 2009

Quote from 370znismo1:

I concur Honda's are well designed. and fairly easy to maintain. Any manufacturer that puts a drain plug on every component that holds fluids is ahead of the game. The key to any vehicle is regular maintenance, My son has a 98 civic that runs like new. with 210,000 miles

3/30/2013 8:51:06 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

bill77072
Temple, GA
64, joined Oct. 2012

Honda CRV but prior to the crossover body style. Otherwise the Odyssey. Before my wife passed she worked at Honda Lock plant. All their door locks MUST NOT unlatch in any crash.

3/30/2013 11:59:44 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

davidkfarm
Perry, GA
29, joined Feb. 2010

You should be able to disconnect the battery for a few mins and clear the code or go to a parts store and clear the code that's showing.

3/31/2013 12:29:07 AM I Need Advice From The Car People  

enjoying_life80
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,627)
Muncie, IN
49, joined Oct. 2011

I have a Toyota and love it. I have always been told even by Toyota dealerships of all the Toyotas the Rav 4 is the worst. Suv's are gas hogs, like someone else mentioned.

3/31/2013 5:56:16 PM I Need Advice From The Car People  

gwwrn
Over 2,000 Posts (2,033)
Lawrenceville, GA
60, joined Jun. 2010

I'm on my second Honda Crv. They are a little small for a family but 3 would probably be ok.
I got hit in the rear the other day at about 15mph and had no damage. And both cars have had no engine or transmission issues.
Doubt if I will ever buy any other make of car, unless someone gives me a free luxury car. But not holding my breath.