Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega profile dating site

Do not involve other individuals in your issues, take ownership of your dating life and you ll be happier. loveland dating site It s convenient and requires the stress off, letting you focus on generating an emotional connection. I was as honest as I could be, saying that while I wasn t interested in her romantically, she was enjoyable to invest time with and I d like to be mates. www latincupido We mentioned our fantastic byes and the complete perhaps we ll see you guys right here once again line.

max80 listcrawler

Agreed, I do rely on mates to go via pictures of me although there does seem to be a distintct lack of them. online dating grande prairie alberta We had a complete life to catch up on, following all. Following a few minutes of tiny speak, I produced an excuse and left. asian sex hookup But from time to time severe inquiries can get boring.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

2/14/2009 12:19:45 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

jeezitscold
University Place, WA

talgeese is right. i have lived in the southwest all my life, but traveled across the us and abroad, but the women in the pacific NW seem to be very disclosed. maybe it really is the gloomy weather.

2/14/2009 8:07:51 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
swtcinamongal
Renton, WA

Quote from shir567:
I depends on what the woman is looking for. For me it is a companionship that may turn into passion that just might turn into love and a long term relationship - no promises, just maybe. This is if the guy is at a place where that is what he'd like to. What I hear is Friends with benefits and not ready to think in longer terms. Okay, let me tellthe guys if they haven't got it yet. You want to use us until your bored and then move on. It may not be what you mean, but it is what you are saying

I have to say I agree with this 100%.

Also, I think r12 was right about saying it isn't just the gals who are hard to approach. I moved here two years ago from WY, and I can only describe my experiences in trying to make friends or meet guys as like being in a freezer. I have lived all over the US and in two foreign countries, but have never experienced the kind of stand-offish, keep-everyone-at-arm's-length mindset that seems to be pervasive here in my part of WA. Is it just me? I smile when I see people, I make eye contact, I say hello or hi, or even strike up a conversation, and I am more often than not met with cold disdain or simply rudely ignored. Can anyone explain that to me?

I'm ready to move back to WY, where at least people are friendly!

AJ

2/14/2009 8:17:01 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
windwhispers
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,806)
Enumclaw, WA

hi aj how our you,
sorry you have met some non friendly washintoneions.
where not all like that.
but if you where to look back at this entire thread.
the answer to the youngsters question lies within there own
words.to them this a game a sport and they wonder why woman dont want
to be approach by them.

2/14/2009 9:25:28 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
tamrat83
Lacey, WA

I think you are right Wind...I know I smile if I am smiled at, sometimes I even smile first. And I don't think it is just Washington that has people that aren't always friendly. I have been to different places and there are always some friendly and some not. I do believe some of it is the way you act or seem to others. If you seem friendly and nice I think people respond in kind. Maybe some of you aren't smiling or being friendly like you think you are. And maybe you should look at that too. If EVERYONE is not friendly to you, maybe it is you.....so smile, be kind, and treat others like you would want to be treated and maybe, just maybe, the world will seem a little friendlier..

2/14/2009 9:44:06 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

drummaster777
Over 1,000 Posts (1,714)
Auburn, WA

Quote from jeezitscold:
hey Talgeese,

Im from California too and i noticed the same thing you have man. I am from the So-cal and i noticed that women up here are a lot different from the pacific southwest. A simple hello will get you no-where up here for some reason. I have been here for 3 months and im still trying to figure out how they work up here.

LOL...yeah a simple hello in no way works up here in Seattle. It might get you a dirty look or a scared 'please don't rape me' look, but it certainly isn't going to get you anywhere that will lead to a phone number or anything.

Funny how this thread gets bumped AGAIN right around Valentine's Day.

2/14/2009 9:57:08 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
adrianae
Black Diamond, WA

Ok.. now u have my interest .. when I type fast i spell wrong so please forgive me ...
I can only speak fro myself here ... Not raised here in WA state ... but on the east coast -- I am by far very outgoing and very forgiving ... to a fault I must say .. I find that most men don't enjoy the challange .. they get scared off by a real women who calls it as she sees it ... I have been dating now for about a year -- men i have dated so far have totally SUCKED ... at least so far --
I continue to think they are not all the same -- but Iam starting to wonder BIG TIME if it's the water in WA state. Why are you on a web site searching for a realationship if U don't really wnat one, women are scared for many reasons... I have had my heart broken many times over -- WHY you ask -- well let's see Men I have meet so far out have LIED ... telling me things like they are not married, and they are ! Telling me they are not dating anyone else and then lord and behold there they are with another women -- so men out there I keep holding on ... thinking that men here are not all the same
Honesty is always the best policy and it should be -- that is why I am scared for holy cow ... I have morels I would never be with a married man by choice ... what is a women to do when a situation like this arises -- RUN ... as fast as she can ... Run Run Run ... I would love to meet the right guy ... and perhaps have a wonderful realtiionship ... that is why I still hold on ...

2/14/2009 9:59:49 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
adrianae
Black Diamond, WA

Ok.. now u have my interest .. when I type fast i spell wrong so please forgive me ...
I can only speak fro myself here ... Not raised here in WA state ... but on the east coast -- I am by far very outgoing and very forgiving ... to a fault I must say .. I find that most men don't enjoy the challange .. they get scared off by a real women who calls it as she sees it ... I have been dating now for about a year -- men i have dated so far have totally SUCKED ... at least so far --
I continue to think they are not all the same -- but Iam starting to wonder BIG TIME if it's the water in WA state. Why are you on a web site searching for a realationship if U don't really wnat one, women are scared for many reasons... I have had my heart broken many times over -- WHY you ask -- well let's see Men I have meet so far out have LIED ... telling me things like they are not married, and they are ! Telling me they are not dating anyone else and then lord and behold there they are with another women -- so men out there I keep holding on ... thinking that men here are not all the same
Honesty is always the best policy and it should be -- that is why I am scared for holy cow ... I have morels I would never be with a married man by choice ... what is a women to do when a situation like this arises -- RUN ... as fast as she can ... Run Run Run ... I would love to meet the right guy ... and perhaps have a wonderful realtiionship ... that is why I still hold on ...

2/14/2009 8:18:56 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
swtcinamongal
Renton, WA

Hi Wind,

Thanks for the encouragement. I am ever the optimist, and continue trying to give people the benefit of the doubt. I won't say that everyone I meet or see is cold towards me, just that it seems to weigh heavily in that direction. I have made a few friends in the two years I've lived here, but it's like an uphill battle, and it shouldn't be that way. I work in a big office building and there must be close to 800-1000 people who work there. I see the same people in the hallways, the elevators and the cafeteria everyday, and after so many months of being snubbed or ignored, I have given up trying to be my normal outgoing and friendly self in an effort to make friends. I hate it that I seem to be reverting into my old shy, reclusive self, but one can only take so much rejection. When I am out shopping or walking around my apartment complex, or even walking around a local park with my dog, I make eye contact with everyone I meet and I smile, often say hello, or do something else to indicate that I am open to conversation. But it feels like people just look past me or rudely ignore me a lot of the time. I am beginning to get a complex - feels like others find me too repulsive or unworthy to even exchange a courtesy reply. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is it just that as soon as I open my mouth people know instantly that I am not a native Washingtonian (I have a distinct Southern accent)and that immediately makes me unacceptable for some reason?

I am confused and down hearted about it all! That's one reason I came to this website - to try to establish some friendships and meet people. I'm pretty tired of being alone and lonely.

AJ

2/14/2009 9:01:38 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

reilloc
Tacoma, WA

women are in to more game playing on these sites then men, but the women will tell you just the opposite. I think most of the women that get on here are fickle and the rest just want to play games.

2/14/2009 10:00:53 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
tamrat83
Lacey, WA

Quote from reilloc:
women are in to more game playing on these sites then men, but the women will tell you just the opposite. I think most of the women that get on here are fickle and the rest just want to play games.

I think you are very wrong. I am definitely not in to game playing and I am not fickle. I am finding some great friends. Would love to meet the right guy and have a relationship at some point. But I am thankful for the friends I am meeting and who knows what will happen.

2/15/2009 8:59:09 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

playsindirt
Othello, WA

Okay, I have to admit I didn't sift through the entire thread, but I did read most of it. And oh, hi, I'm new here and should probably wade in slowly, but I'm more of a jump off the high dive and learn to swim kind of person.

I've lived all over the western US. Washington and Colorado are plagued by closed people. Not just women. Not just men. People. Montana's pretty friendly. Texas is friendly but hard to get below the surface. The part of California I was in was a mixed bag of about half and half. I have no theories on why, but that's my 2 cents on the wheres.

And here's the part I don't know if anyone has brought up or considered. You guys say women seem standoffish. I can't speak for the younger gals, as I ain't no longer one of them, dangit. But, I have two little boys I support with absolutely no help from their dad. I work two jobs. I help out an aging mother (who also helps me, so don't go sayin' it's the mama obsession, it ain't). I am *crazy* busy. That doesn't mean I'm not lonely from time to time, it doesn't mean I don't have a lot to give,it doesn't mean I'm not seriously about looking for someone, it just means that like everything else around me -- dating, even communicating, is a juggling act.

On the other hand, single men of around the same age *generally* either have no kids or don't have custody of the kids. They work, they go home, they crack open a cold one and have the rest of the evening to pursue their interests. I've chatted with some that turned into phone-friends. They get insulted when I say I've got to go because it's bed time. They are irritated when a face-to-face meeting needs to involve the kids because I can't find a babysitter. In my specific case, those who have occasional weekend custody don't understand why being a parent takes up so much time -- it doesn't suck up all their time, for heaven's sake.

I am absolutely not looking to slam anyone. Just offering a perspective I didn't see put forth in the first 10 pages of this thread. Yeah, guys, sometimes you get put off because she's not interested and just doesn't know how to tell you. But sometimes, just maybe, you're expecting an adult woman with many responsibilities to be as free with her time and attention as we were when we were in our 20s and had no one but you to adore.

Just a thought.

2/17/2009 7:07:20 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
mrjj
Olympia, WA

Ya know, I'm curious how the original poster is defining 'Washington women'?
At least half the people you meet on any given day are originally from somewhere else.
I am from Ohio originally. My ex-wife was from Connecticut originally, an ex-girlfriend was born and raised in California...most of the women I meet here at DH were from somewhere else originally.
Are they all Washington women?
If so, you are saying they got unfriendly once they moved here. Which doesnt make a lot of sense, unless it IS the water around here...

2/17/2009 9:12:07 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

cowboy305
Rochester, WA

I have to agree with JJ. I am a native of Washington but over half the people in my office were raised somewhere else and moved here as adults. So did moving here turn them into stand-offish people or does this area just attract people who are like that? On the other hand the original poster said he was from California. Could it be that they are stand-offish toward him because of that?

2/17/2009 9:53:59 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
dunitall
Over 2,000 Posts (2,295)
Seattle, WA

Quote from mrjj:
Ya know, I'm curious how the original poster is defining 'Washington women'?
At least half the people you meet on any given day are originally from somewhere else.
I am from Ohio originally. My ex-wife was from Connecticut originally, an ex-girlfriend was born and raised in California...most of the women I meet here at DH were from somewhere else originally.
Are they all Washington women?
If so, you are saying they got unfriendly once they moved here. Which doesnt make a lot of sense, unless it IS the water around here...

There part of the witness protection program

2/17/2009 10:57:27 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
mrjj
Olympia, WA

Quote from dunitall:
There part of the witness protection program

Am also, Comrade...I mean, I am too, buddy!

2/17/2009 12:44:25 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

shir567
Beaverton, OR

I find the more the nieghborhood goes between the house and the car and less for wlks around the nieghborhood - the more standoffish we become. We don't see each other daily like we used to. Our kids don't play at the nieghbors. The morning cup of coffe between the stay at home moms doesn't happen anymore. Together this breaks down the nieghborhood friendlyness

2/17/2009 2:06:59 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

wish2bagain
Over 2,000 Posts (3,251)
Rochester, WA

I don't think for one second it is limited to Washington Ladies. And men are also included in this. I think society has created part of this problem,,,look how many whakos there out there. You read almost everyday of some dipwad killing someone for no apparent reason, not that having a reason makes killing ok.

Are women or men scared...no...cautious yes.....our past does dictate much of our future...

2/19/2009 1:33:47 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
cowgirlup61
Portland, OR

dang, us Oregon women should be scared

2/19/2009 2:01:29 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
windwhispers
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,806)
Enumclaw, WA

yea right cowgirl be afraid be very afraid

2/20/2009 10:24:53 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
nancydrew59
Ferndale, WA

I don't know whether somebody has already beat me to this answer, but I am still going to give my two cents for whatever it's worth...I think Washington women, by and large, are professional working women. Most of us have risen to the status of being able to afford nicer things, and some are fortunate enough to own their own place. Many of our families live in this area so there is a network for us. Lots of guys can play a woman and they're not easy to spot unless you've had the misfortune of meeting a LOT of them. Not that Washington women are snooty, I would just like to think that most of us can afford to be "selective" because we CAN be, and know that we're catches!!! IMHO

2/21/2009 6:13:16 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
heavenlyeyez4u
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,088)
Russellville, AL

Hey Alabama women ain't skeeered....

2/24/2009 9:49:02 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

talgeese
McChord AFB, WA

Quote from cowgirlup61:
dang, us Oregon women should be scared

Don't be..

Here's why, becuase the struggle is officially over.

About a month ago i've landed a girl who happens to be from Oregon as my GF.

And the thing is she was assertive, fun, and classy from the start with the dating.

My guess is that the bravery and openmindedness probably runs in abundance with women from Oregon.

Becuase I must say im quite impressed.

T a l g e e s e

2/24/2009 9:50:59 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

talgeese
McChord AFB, WA

Quote from talgeese:
Don't be..

Here's why, becuase the struggle is officially over.

About a month ago i've landed a girl who happens to be from Oregon as my fairlady.

And the thing is she was assertive, fun, and classy from the start with the dating.

My guess is that the bravery and openmindedness probably runs in abundance with women from Oregon.

Becuase I must say im quite impressed.

T a l g e e s e

2/24/2009 10:08:40 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
lifetimeskier
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,292)
Olympia, WA

enjoy there tallgese

2/24/2009 10:13:53 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
dunitall
Over 2,000 Posts (2,295)
Seattle, WA

Congrats Talgeese

2/24/2009 10:27:12 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
lifetimeskier
Olympia, WA

I am so f**king tired of hearing how WA womenn are scared go for the OR ones please...

2/24/2009 10:46:35 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

nathanrocks88
Tenino, WA

I read an article once where a woman actually said something to the effect of

"Why don't guys even try to strike a conversation if they're next to me in line at the checkout stand?"

it's so true. meeting people in a public place has a relative degree of safety.

I met a very very cool girl who was waiting for a bus inside of a local fast food joint. Some polite conversation, a kind offer to give a ride, and the rest was history.

and yeah, it could've turned out differently, she could've completely blown me off, said "it's ok, my bus is almost here" or something else like that

but she took the chance, and the reward was good

then she moved back to texas

damn

2/24/2009 11:01:35 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
lifetimeskier
Olympia, WA

oh that is god too go for the texas gals...

2/25/2009 11:29:33 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

talgeese
McChord AFB, WA

Why are you upset lifetime?

T a l g e e s e m a s t e r

[Edited 2/25/2009 11:32:29 AM PST]

2/25/2009 11:42:10 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

sassy_spirit
Lacey, WA

Talgeese.....congrats to you on finding your partner.

2/25/2009 6:34:33 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

uglybeast
Spokane, WA

The highest profile child molester, highest profile rape cases, highest profile cerial killers al resided or once lived in Washington. They even have uglybeasts wandering around.

3/6/2009 7:20:52 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
jessykalynn
Kingston, WA

i've lived here for about 16 years so my answer is all these damn military guys. they try to be slick when they're not. they like to play games. a lot of us live in areas where we can't really get away from military. i've dealt with guys that have girlfriends back home, multiple girls here, or will tell a girl anything to get what he wants. so that makes us girls not wanna open up.
but i understand how that can be a pain for the one in a million guy that actually means what he says when he's really trying to sincerely get to know a girl.

3/12/2009 12:30:11 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
attempted
Everett, WA

Hey now! I am in the military and I am not one of those! One in a million though? Never!

4/8/2009 2:27:23 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

aroselver
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,734)
Kent, WA

In response to Uglybeast: The highest rate of breast cancer and the highest rate of multiple sclirosis are also in WA. So what's the answer? Unfriendly people lead to higher rates of everything?

I was working in my yard, 5 people walked past me and only 1 said hello....and I live on a friendly street...I thought.

4/11/2009 1:04:51 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

bluecougareyes
Over 1,000 Posts (1,293)
Chelan, WA

Quote from marion1124:
cautious, stand off-ish, well I will tell you why I am, been on this service less than 2 weeks, already have a guy telling me he loves me and wants to move in, then find out because he is homeless, and needs a place.

Come on how are you gonna "love" me in a few messages back -n- forth? I have a child still at home, I will always be cautious. I don't want or need a man living with me, I just want to meet nice people and have friends.

the thing that gets me the most is when you start talking and they go right into what they can do for you in bed........... yes, I'm cautious

THAT'S JUST STRANGE, IF SOME ONE SAYS THAT THEY LOVE YOU OR WHAT EVER, JUST IN A FEW E-MAILS, YOU HAVE NEVER MEET THEM NOR HAVE ANY TIME OR FEELINGS EXPRESSED TOGETHER, .....DAMN !!! JUST CLICK ON BLOCK THEM, AND MOVE ON !! FAST ........

YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET UP SET OR BENT ABOUT IT ALL !! YOU ONLY BRING PAIN TO YOURSELF !

LIFE IS FULL OF STRANGE THINGS, BUT THAT'S NO REASON, FOR GUYS AND GALES TO HAVE TOO GET ALL BENT IN OUT OF SHAPE. A BIG PROBLEM WITH MOST PEOPLE THAT ARE IN RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE IS THEY GET AN ATTACHMENT TO SOME ONE OR SOME THING, ( IT'S ABOUT LOVE, NOT A POSSETION, REAL LOVE IT IS LETTING THAT PERSON BE FREE,( BECAUSE YOU LOVE THEM) AS THEM SELVES, IF YOU LOVED THEM WHEN YOU MET THEM, YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM WHEN THEY LEAVE, OTHER WISE YOU REALLY NEVER LOVED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE ? YOU ONLY ACTED LIKE YOU DID !

A RELATIONSHIP ALWAYS BRINGS UP THING UNLIKE WE THINK IT SHOULD, A RELATIONSHIP IS A BIG LEARNING CURVE FOR BOTH PARTIES, WHAT YOU DONT LIKE ABOUT SOMEONE IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO WORK ON WITHIN YOUR SELF ! IT'S YOUR CHANCE TO LOOK INSIDE AND GROW SOME MORE ! BUT I FEEL WE ARE ALL TO CHILDISH ABOUT IT ALL ! LIKE SILLY TEENAGERS !

LIKING OR LOVING IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN ATTACHMENT, IT'S AN AFFECTION OR A GIVING OF YOUR LOVE AND FEELING AND IT'S ALL ABOUT AN ATTRACTING.. ATTRACTION IS THE MAGIC THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD AND GIGGLY IN A RELATIONSHIP, ALOW THE STRONG FEELING OF ATTRACTION DO KEEP YOU GOING !! (LEAVE ATTACHMENT OUT OF THE EQUATION ) SO WHEN YOU DO SPLIT UP YOU CAN MOVE ON WITH GOOD FEELINGS FOR ONE ANOTHER!!

IN ALL MY LOVES AND MANY LIVE IN gf'S, INCLUDING MY 13 YEAR MARRIAGE, ONLY TWO TIMES THERE WAS A BAD SPLIT UP. ALL THE REST WHERE MUTUAL AND WITH KINDNESS AND RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING FOR ONE ANOTHER. I CAN STILL TALK TO MY EX. AS MY OLD FRIEND, AND SHE'S BEEN MARRED 20 YEARS NOW !) SO IT IS POSSIBLE, AND MANY PEOPLE CAN DO THAT, EVEN IF THERE ARE OR ARE NOT KIDS INVOLVED !

IT'S LIKE FOR EXAMPLE: IF YOUR CAR OR SOME JUNK IN YOUR HOUSE GOT STOLEN, YOU JUST FORGET ABOUT IT, YOU CANT CHANGE IT (IT'S GONE !!!!) YOU JUST GO OUT AND GET ANOTHER ONE WHEN IT'S THE RIGHT TIME. DON'T CRY ABOUT IT LIKE A BABY THAT CANT REASON !

NO ONE EVER BREAKS YOUR HEART BUT YOURSELF, BECAUSE YOU CREATE THE FEELING INSIDE OF YOU ( THE OTHER PERSON NEVER DID ANY THING TO YOU BUT MOVE ON !!) REALLY YOUR THE ONE THAT WAS ATTACHED !! YOUR THE ONE THAT GETS BENT AND ANGRY BECAUSE YOU DID NOT GET YOUR SELFISH WAY !! AND YOU WANT TO ACCUSE THEM OF DOING SOMETHING TO YOU !! WHEN IT WAS YOU THAT DID IT TO YOUR SELF, BECAUSE YOU WHERE ATTACHED !! (IT'S ALL IN YOUR OWN MIND !!) SO YOU MAKE YOUR SELF SUFFER, AND WANT TO KEEP THAT ATTACHMENT AND GET ATTENTION FROM OTHER !! PUTTING THE BLAME ON YOUR EX., SO YOU WONT HAVE TO FEEL RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU OWN DOINGS !!

*** TRY STUDDIEING SOME BUDDHIST PHILOSOPHY ABOUT THE PAIN AND SUFFERING HUMANS CREATE FOR THEM SELVES AND THE PAIN YOU FEEL THAT HAS ALL BEEN CREATED BY YOU ONLY !! FROM YOUR BEING ATTACHED TO ANY THING OR ALSO FROM THE CRAVING & WANTING OF ANY THING !!! AND THAT INCLUDES THE WANTING AND CRAVING FOR A PERSON AS WELL !!

LET A RELATIONSHIP BE FREE OF ATTACHMENT !! BE WITH SOME ONE BUT NOT A PART OF THEM !! BE YOUR SELF ! LEARN HOW TO FEEL "THE LIGHTNESS OF BEING " !! IN ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE !! THIS WILL FREE YOUR MIND AND FREE YOU OF PAIN AND SUFFERING !! WANTING, CRAVING, STRONG DESIRES AND THE DESIRES TO POSSESS & CONTROLLING ANOTHER, IS ALL AND ONLY SUFFERING IN LIFE......YOU MUST DESTROY THAT IT IN YOUR BEING !!

FREE YOURSELF NOW !!
LET IT BE !!
SO BE IT !!

4/11/2009 1:26:45 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

bluecougareyes
Over 1,000 Posts (1,293)
Chelan, WA

Quote from aroselver:
In response to Uglybeast: The highest rate of breast cancer and the highest rate of multiple sclirosis are also in WA. So what's the answer? Unfriendly people lead to higher rates of everything?

I was working in my yard, 5 people walked past me and only 1 said hello....and I live on a friendly street...I thought.

WOW !! That's very interesting what uglybeast said and you too aroselver.
Do you people over there get a lot of chem-trails in the sky ? ( air plains spraying bad chemicals in the air ?) You probably cant see them with all the heavy over cast.

I don't know much about that side of the Mt. as I don't like all the traffic and buildings and congestion over there. so I stay away from the whle I-5 area. I have been to Seattle a few times, it's rather creepy and depressing to me, gloomy weather too. I don't get along with all the superficial LIBERALS that live there ether !

But all those nut cases sickos and the body sickness .....that's strange. I do remember hearing in the new that Seattle had the highest sue side rate of all the USA cities !!
thanks !! I will stay away from there for good now ! It's so much more friendly every where here in the Chelan area !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So does all that effect peoples dating habits ?????????

4/11/2009 1:54:56 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

clayspinner
Nordland, WA

Thank you very, very much! And I would remind everyone that for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. USMC '62-'70

4/11/2009 8:45:08 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

littleguppy
Over 1,000 Posts (1,236)
Auburn, WA

I agree that freedom has a price, I served from 76-80 and would have fought if needed.I live in the country between Seattle and Tacoma. I have met quite a few from this site, and have even traveled across country just to go to a meet with others, most of the people are great and also very diverse.If you find someone you don't like, trust, or just uncomfortable then your choice is simple, block or ignore.
Bets

4/20/2009 2:15:41 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  
applecountry
Yakima, WA

In my case it is simply because I am afraid of being cast aside if something better comes along for the fellow. I think being scared sometimes is a safety instead of wearing heart on sleeve.

4/20/2009 3:40:08 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

wish2bagain
Over 2,000 Posts (3,251)
Rochester, WA

they aren't scared...they are skired......

Same reason men are....no one wants to get hurt or otherwise...

4/21/2009 2:02:54 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

aroselver
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,734)
Kent, WA

Quote from wish2bagain:
they aren't scared...they are skired......

Same reason men are....no one wants to get hurt or otherwise...

Good answer. I think we all want to avoid getting hurt...again. Guess that has come with age as I don't remember feeling that way when I was young. Back then it was all excitement, curiosity and fun. Now it's all caution, ask tons of questions, "chemistry". What happened to fun?

4/21/2009 2:26:27 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

amountainlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,102)
Tacoma, WA

The times have changed. Women are more scared because men are more agressive, pushing things too far too fast.
Some are scared becasue of getting attacked on dates

4/21/2009 5:02:20 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

wish2bagain
Over 2,000 Posts (3,251)
Rochester, WA

But in some cases women can provoke an attack. I certainly am not saying they get what they deserve...but a women should be careful in giving mixed signals....which does happen.

4/21/2009 5:07:42 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

amountainlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,102)
Tacoma, WA

he should still ask permission!!!!

4/21/2009 6:36:44 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

wish2bagain
Over 2,000 Posts (3,251)
Rochester, WA

didnt say he shouldn't,,,,,but we are all adult enough to know what raging hormones do......they lessen the blood flow to the brain....to other parts of the body...and then things get wierd....

4/21/2009 9:45:16 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

starznhead
Mukilteo, WA

Hello,

Always nice to meet my fellow Veterans (US Army 75-78)!

Why are women so scared? Maybe some girls have had a bad expierence with someone in the military, but I can tell you about a lot of girls that became military wives and had good lives, so I don't think that it is any single group of men, as long as we are speaking in a general sense here.

Well, I suppose that one reason is that there is a lot of press about bad things happening, although I often wonder if it always went on and is just being reported on more often. Nobody ever "deserves" assult of any kind, and while I agree that many women dress like absolute fools, men in society know the rules and need to stay within them. Would you like it if your sister or daughter became the next victim of "raging hormones"? Sure, she should use some sense, but it is an indefensable position.

I dunno. I was in Pioneer Square once, looking for a Comedy Club. I asked a woman and she looked like I had pulled a knife on her. Unjustifiably scared? I think so. But scared is in the mind of the one who is scared...so who is to say?

I think the population density does have a great effect...instead of having one type of danger (there is a bad area over there) or one dangerous person (purse snatcher at the Mall) we now have many bad areas within easy distance and more dangerous people, even if they appear at the same rate as anywhere else...the odds of meeting one are greater just because there are more of them.

At 51 I am single and am no expert on women. Still, I think if you can recognize their reasonable concerns and show them that you are OK, you will meet lots of nice women.

Of course, if they have a reason to be afraid of you...they can be quite intuitive!

4/26/2009 3:31:20 AM Why are Washington women so scared?  

jeezitscold
University Place, WA

Ok, i dont know what it is, but maybe it really is just the weather. I have been in many places in this country. I have lived in the south and experienced the fabled southern hospitality, all the way to the beaches of california. But i have never met such a non confrontational group like the people in the great state of WA. People in the southern states of GA, MS, and AL are very hospitable and friendly. East coast residents of NY, NH and NE are very social. SW residents of Phoenix, San Diego, Albuquerque, and Los Angeles are talkative and approachable. But for some reason, people in WA are not the same. Is it the weather? I have lived here for about six months and i am ready to move somewhere else. Is it just me or is it that the people up here are just plain different???

4/28/2009 5:26:18 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
hezzie
West Richland, WA

i was raised in nebraska, raised to be a jerk but i have tried to overcome this. it is hard at times to not resort to the way your were raised (heritage).the military can help you with that and having children also..divorce is GREAT..shacking is fine..ofcourse i have now been shacking for over 17 years! why ruin it??but we have been having some bad times and i want to return to nevada but she will never go so i may have to just up and go...just take people as they present themselves and use common sense.
thanks all

4/29/2009 3:14:02 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

wish2bagain
Over 2,000 Posts (3,251)
Rochester, WA

When you read that people are looking for people to kill from Craigslist, hell we all should be scared....

4/29/2009 3:17:25 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  
lifetimeskier
Olympia, WA

hey i used to pop on craigs list to see the friday flashers doing their thing...I even made up a strange email address telling one guy he had won the contest for the most beautiful c*ck of the day...Oh that was a bit random and off topic huh...

5/25/2009 2:38:29 PM Why are Washington women so scared?  

talgeese
McChord AFB, WA

Quote from lifetimeskier:
hey i used to pop on craigs list to see the friday flashers doing their thing...I even made up a strange email address telling one guy he had won the contest for the most beautiful c*ck of the day...Oh that was a bit random and off topic huh...

Yeah that was random a** hell...

T a l g e e s a n ) )