Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

gay asian hookup

Make confident you have information on your telephone and it s fully charged, or look at bringing your charger or a portable battery with you. personal ad bakersfield There are apps for basic audiences and those aimed at singles over 50, whilst other individuals try to match daters who are religious or those in the LGBTQ+ neighborhood. Our conversations felt natural and we each laughed a lot. the listcrawler All of these extensions are pre built and prepared to use.

the hookup app

This problem extrapolates to pals, although in a milder way. free florida chat rooms The scenario is exacerbated when the dad has much less than 50/50 parenting time. With Loved ones Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app. denver adult look In some areas, restaurants can be authorized to accept CalFresh advantages from certified homeless, elderly or disabled people in exchange for low expense meals.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/28/2014 11:43:01 AM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

dances_in_woods
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,116)
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Hello ladies,
I was going thru my closet and found my white comforter cover folded up. Noticed it has a yellowish tint around the edges...its not smoke stained(non smoking home) I washed it and put 2 cups of bleach in it but it still sort of has that dingy yellow look to it.

Any ideas on things to use to bring it bright white again? I might try some baking soda, or lemon juice or maybe even Comet next? Do ya'll have any home remedy cleaning tips for this?

Thanks in advance!

[Edited 1/28/2014 11:44:33 AM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/28/2014 11:53:33 AM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  
badchevy4x4babe
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,800)
Fort Worth, TX
28, joined May. 2011

I've heard of all sorts of home remedies but my mom used to buy a color remover product. Found in the fabric dyes section. She would wash all my dads socks and tshirts a few times a year with it.

Either that or choose a new color and dye it?

[Edited 1/28/2014 11:53:49 AM ]

1/28/2014 2:26:07 PM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
30, joined Mar. 2013

Sounds like a case of mold/mildew. What kind of fabric is it?? Cotton, blend, jacquard?

1/28/2014 5:34:12 PM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,946)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

dances_in_woods:

I hope these ones help.

Some of the very best spot and stain removers are things you use every single day! These stain removers work great and they’re right at your fingertips!

Alcohol: Rubbing alcohol is great for grass stains and so much more.

Ammonia: The perspiration stain fighter.

Automatic dishwasher detergent: Keep this on hand as a bleach substitute and whitener/ brightener even if you don’t have a dishwasher. Liquid, powder, and tablet form all work well. If you choose the tablet, make sure it has dissolved before you add clothes. Pour directly on stain, or soak.

Baking soda: Removes odors.

Club soda: My favorite Oh my gosh, how did I do that? spotter. Use it on any fabric or surface that can be treated with water. A slight dabbing on dry-clean-only fabrics is also permissible, just be sure to test first! Use club soda on any spill — ask the waiter for some if you’re dining out — dab it on and blot it off. Club soda keeps spills from becoming stains and brings the offending spill to the surface so it can be easily removed. It’s totally safe. I always make sure to have a bottle on hand.

Cream of tartar: I bet you have some of this in the kitchen cupboard, but how often do you use it? Well, here’s your chance. Mix cream of tartar with lemon juice and you have a wonderful bleach for white clothes spotted with food or other stains. It’s even effective on many rust stains.

Denture-cleaning tablets: The cure-all for white table linens with food stains and white cotton with stains. Dissolve one tablet per 1/2 cup water. Pour directly on stain or spot.

Dishwashing liquid: A wonderful spotter, used undiluted on tough stains.

Glycerin: You can remove tar, tree sap (think Christmas tree), juice stains, mustard, ketchup and barbecue sauce.

GOJO Crème Waterless Hand Cleaner®: Totally awesome for removing grease and oil, including shoe polish.

Hydrogen peroxide: 3 percent hydrogen peroxide is super for removing bloodstains, especially if they are fairly fresh. It also is a wonderful bleaching agent for stubborn stains on white clothes. Combine ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1 teaspoon of ammonia for an unbeatable stain removal combination. Make sure to use 3 percent and not the kind you use to bleach your hair!

Lemon juice: This is nature’s bleach and disinfectant. I don’t know where we’d be without it. If you have spots on white clothes, apply some lemon juice and lay them in the sun. Apply a little more lemon juice prior to laundering, or pre-spray and launder as usual. This is really effective on baby formula stains.

Meat tenderizer: A combo of meat tenderizer (unseasoned, please, or you’ll have a whole new stain!) and cold water is just the answer to protein-based stains such as blood, milk, etc.

Salt: Sprinkling salt on spilled red wine will keep the wine from staining until you can launder it. Mixed with lemon juice, salt will remove mildew stains.

Shampoo: Any brand will do. Cheap is fine. I save the small bottles from hotel/motel stays and keep them in the laundry room. Great for treating ring-around-the-collar, mud and cosmetic stains.

Shave cream: That innocent-looking can of shave cream in your bathroom is one of the best spot and stain removers available. That’s because it’s really whipped soap! If you have a spill on your clothes (or even your carpet), moisten the spot, work in some shave cream, and then flush it with cool water. If the offending spot is on something you’re wearing, work the shave cream in and then use a clean cloth (a washcloth works fine) to blot the shave cream and the spot away. A quick touch of the blow-dryer to prevent a ring and you’re on your way. The best thing about shave cream is that even if it doesn’t work it won’t set the stain, so the spot can still be removed later. Keep a small sample can in your suitcase when you travel. It’s saved me more than once!

WD-40 Lubricant®: Check out your garage or the “fix-it” cupboard. If you don’t have any, pick up a can the next time you’re at the hardware store or home center. Why? Because we’ve all had those nasty grease stains and oil stains on clothes: Salad dressing misses the salad and gets the blouse, or grease splatters when you are cooking — or crayon/lipstick/Chap Stick® gets on your clothes! WD-40 is your answer. Spray some on, wait 10 minutes, and then work in undiluted liquid dishwashing soap and launder as usual. Works well on everything except silk!

White vinegar: A great spotter for suede — used undiluted. It’s also a wonderful fabric softener. Just put 14 cup white vinegar in the final rinse. (And no, you won’t smell like a salad!) It’s worthwhile to keep these things on hand. As you can see, most are inexpensive and have other uses. They’ll make you the laundry Queen — or King! — in your home.

1/28/2014 7:07:45 PM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (216,570)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Try BLU ..... if that doesn't bring the white up nothing will .... then go ecru ..... soak in a bath of tea water.

1/29/2014 3:32:37 AM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from azazel4:
Sounds like a case of mold/mildew. What kind of fabric is it?? Cotton, blend, jacquard?

Its just 100% cotton cover. Just dingy looking from storage in closet, it was just folded up & only thing on top of it was a pillowcase...also my white socks look kinda dingy looking, not bright white like at first. I think it might be my water...(hard water)

1st poster...On the borax...ru talking about the 20 Mule Team borax powder in detergent isle? I'm tryin not to buy oxy-clean its kinda pricey.

Badchevy...I've thought about dying it but kinda scared the color might eventually rub off on my white goose down comforter even if I "set" the color with vinegar. I have seen that color remover but didn't know if it would work for white or not.
Don't seem to have good luck with bleach or maybe I need to let it sit awhile?

On the vinegar/baking soda how much of each would I use? I know vinegar will cut soap suds so I guess I'd leave out the detergent.

1/29/2014 3:56:32 AM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Duchessa-lotta ideas there, I got to looking at cover and its more pronounced on the edge but when unfolded it...it has dingy look. You mentioned denture stain remover? I have couple boxes I picked up to see if helped keep toilet cleaner but i couldn't tell difference so its in cabinet...how many tablets would I put in washer? I've wondered about the dishwasher detergent powder like Sunlight but I'm out right now. If using baking soda & vinegar...how much do I add? Let it set for awhile or what?

Cupocheer...What is BLU? I haven't heard of that. Yep, I'm willing to try everything cause dry cleaners are $$$

One good thing is I can get any blood stains out, no problems there.
But this dingy yellow tinted cover & dingy white socks is eating my lunch.

I'm gonna drain my hot water heater to get rid of the sediments that settle to bottom, that might be contributing to the dingy socks & see if that might help some then home remedies. Will drain first water heater first before I put anything in washer, otherwise I'm prob washing sediments into the water. (That's my theory at least)

Gonna try & use what I have on hand thats listed above until I can make it back to ole wallyworld

Thanks everyone for the ideas & keep em coming if you think of anything else to add

[Edited 1/29/2014 3:57:41 AM ]

1/30/2014 5:36:35 AM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Its a top loading washer...its just a cover like a pillowcase to keep my white goose down comforter from getting any stains or discolored. Can just throw the cover in the wash but my goosedown I have to take to get dry cleaned.
Haven't tried anything yet...I'll prob let it set in washer for maybe 30...let agitate a few min then set again and let the cleaning stuff go to work.

Prob swing by wallyworld in a day or so and get baking soda, 20mule team borax, and see about that BLU stuff? and look at Rit color remover

first drain my hot water heater, I'm sure i've got sediments at the bottom and some of that is contributing to my dingy white socks too but its been sooo cold last few days I haven't fooled with it yet. Last nite it was 18 here...brrrrrr

1/30/2014 4:19:30 PM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  
azazel4
Over 1,000 Posts (1,057)
Morganton, NC
30, joined Mar. 2013

If it's hard water issues you need to tackle the washing machine first. Do a empty load with CLR in the washer to get all that nasty hard water residue in your washer. Once you have that cleaned out you'll have better success with trying to brighten your close.

A lot of the things the other ladies stated do work, but not if you don't clean the washer first cause it may still be dingy at the end.

1/30/2014 9:19:46 PM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from azazel4:
If it's hard water issues you need to tackle the washing machine first. Do a empty load with CLR in the washer to get all that nasty hard water residue in your washer. Once you have that cleaned out you'll have better success with trying to brighten your close.

A lot of the things the other ladies stated do work, but not if you don't clean the washer first cause it may still be dingy at the end.

Yep, your right. Gonna empty the hot water heater first of sediments that settle to bottom then do the CLR in washer before I start doing the whites...otherwise I'll just have the same problem. I do know the comforter cover was just from storage somehow...it was bright white when I put in closet but guess not being used it turned dingy

Got lots of great ideas here! Thanks everyone, will let know how things turn out

2/7/2014 10:33:39 AM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Well...bad news & good news here

1st...the bad, I drained hot water heater & got all kinds of yucky looking dingy water...sediments. Drained it 2x. Then put CLR in washer to get rid of any dingy water left in it...well bam...my motor or pump went out. Sounded baaaad. The cat took off running & my dog went barking at the machine...lol anyway...motor went boom. Soooooooo, had to buy a new washer. So now have a New HE washer Whirlpool

2nd Good news after draining the sediment & NEW washer...I got WHITES again!! I used baking soda and a lil vinegar and did pre-soak. My socks & duvet cover is nice white..the first wash I noticed it had one dingy corner so washed again & added a touch of bleach...Bright White!!!

Very little water than goes into these HE washers I can't figure it out how it gets things so clean...bugs me but I can't look in washer...it locks the lid so I can't see how it works...lol

thanks for all the help & ideas

2/7/2014 7:51:14 PM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

safeamerica
Over 1,000 Posts (1,504)
Lexington, KY
51, joined Dec. 2013

Try White Vinegar.

2/8/2014 11:59:23 AM Cleaning ideas for a white comforter cover?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
50, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from dances_in_woods:
Well...bad news & good news here

1st...the bad, I drained hot water heater & got all kinds of yucky looking dingy water...sediments. Drained it 2x. Then put CLR in washer to get rid of any dingy water left in it...well bam...my motor or pump went out. Sounded baaaad. The cat took off running & my dog went barking at the machine...lol anyway...motor went boom. Soooooooo, had to buy a new washer. So now have a New HE washer Whirlpool

2nd Good news after draining the sediment & NEW washer...I got WHITES again!! I used baking soda and a lil vinegar and did pre-soak. My socks & duvet cover is nice white..the first wash I noticed it had one dingy corner so washed again & added a touch of bleach...Bright White!!!

Very little water than goes into these HE washers I can't figure it out how it gets things so clean...bugs me but I can't look in washer...it locks the lid so I can't see how it works...lol

thanks for all the help & ideas