Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersnals

On the day of, ask your date how they re feeling. central ky singles over 40 gov for each and every week you are unemployed. Make certain that both of you have gotten to a point in the conversation where you can discuss such subjects. chrome dating apps Suggest a (PG rated!) alternate ending to the night rather than basically going your separate techniques after drinks or dinner.

meet personals

The increase in video calling is a single of the several trends that indicate customers want to feel comfortable and connected ahead of meeting every single other. pensacola hookup sites It is crazy how getting this can just turn you into a no one. When a man I met via work asked me out a month after my husband Keith died, I jumped at the likelihood. flinghub Now is the time to address not just the practical inquiries about moving in, but also no matter if you see the similar future together.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/3/2014 9:59:18 AM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

A woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing... A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything...

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/3/2014 10:35:53 AM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from soulfulaussie1:
It is somewhat true ...

I would rather be with a amazing man with nothing rather than a d*ck with everything ..

I agree...

I have noticed many men who became rich and famous are no longer with their original wife. Many are walking around with women who are WAY to young and beautiful to be with them under any other circumstances...

But I have also notice many men complaining about how their wives changed when the husband lost his job and no longer the primary bread winner...

Is both circumstances just human nature?

4/3/2014 10:54:56 AM How true is this quote?  

sweetnsassy612
Little Rock, AR
24, joined Sep. 2013

yes, women are all out for the money lol

Clueless

4/3/2014 10:57:50 AM How true is this quote?  

claudius5
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,941)
Petaluma, CA
66, joined May. 2009

I think there is some truth to this; as some men and women are tested sorely on a daily basis.

4/3/2014 11:00:49 AM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from emeraldmystery:
Most of those men have inflated egos! Just look at their careers politics,entertainment and corporate head honchos.So they need trophy wives for their ego stroke.The 2nd is natural female security issues! Most do not marry the man they love or really want to be with.They marry the guy for security and because he will do what they say always.When the man's job's gone a main reason for being with him is removed.

Everything you said is dead on...

I always tell myself if I became rich, I would never change or throw away the woman who stood with me when I was broke...

But is that realistic in a world where everything revolves around status and look at me?

Could a woman still respect a man who lost his good paying job and now earning minimum wage or on unemployment?

You know things are bad when someone commits a crime and post it on facebook!

Are we a society so starved for attention that we would risk jail time just to have those 5 minutes of fame?

And who really expect a society of people who would go to such lengths to be noticed to all of a sudden become selfless and put someone else before themselves?

4/3/2014 11:23:49 AM How true is this quote?  
rlm68
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,110)
Aurora, CO
47, joined Apr. 2010

false

when you're in a hole with other men being downloaded up on you have nothing.
you also have it all.
its a celebrating moment together if you escape.
a bonding moment.
but it only works because you are loyal to yourself and did your end of the deal

4/3/2014 11:28:24 AM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

I personally don't see anything wrong with a woman who want a successful man just like I don't see anything wrong with a man who wants a young and beautiful woman...

The problem I have is when people try to be sneaky about it instead of just being honest...

4/3/2014 12:11:18 PM How true is this quote?  

da1dayluv2hate
Bronx, NY
39, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from muscleman757:
A woman's loyalty is tested when her man has nothing... A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything...

Propositional logic does not allow for an ambiguous third value. It must be either true or false, in order for it to be a universal statement.

To say it is not tested when her man has everything, false, because she might be that loose.

To say it is tested when he has everything, false, because she might be content.

To say it is tested when he has nothing, false, because, Yep you guessed it

A mans loyalty is not tested when he has nothing, true and false.

It is not tested when he has everything, true and false.

A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything, true and also false.

But how could this be...these educated professionals really don't know

their talking about half the time.

I blame Plato and his heavens being tied to a ribbon in the sky, for influencing the functional illiterate

4/3/2014 1:09:28 PM How true is this quote?  
youcan2b1
Devon
United Kingdom
39, joined Aug. 2013

I'd never date a guy who didn't work. I like a man to work hard & be ambitious. If he didn't work short term because of circumstances then that would be ok.

If a man became a millionaire then decided to dump me for a newer model then there'd be no love loss as he'd be a muppet to think to grass was greener! I wouldn't want a fickle guy anyway.

Ok ok I'd be a tiny bit gutted but would live with it as I know my worth

4/3/2014 1:25:14 PM How true is this quote?  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,927)
Barrow, AK
45, joined Sep. 2011

I agree. Men and women are definitely built differently. A man has an ego to feed whether its showing pride in his work or what he accomplished in life. Where as a woman puts her all in and tries her best to keep the family unit together, works hard for the family unit and that means showing her loyality, even if the man is down on has luck. She remains and, let's say, "puts up with it" for the faimly.

I hope this makes sense. Sounded better in my head.

4/3/2014 2:19:08 PM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from pickygirl72:
I agree. Men and women are definitely built differently. A man has an ego to feed whether its showing pride in his work or what he accomplished in life. Where as a woman puts her all in and tries her best to keep the family unit together, works hard for the family unit and that means showing her loyality, even if the man is down on has luck. She remains and, let's say, "puts up with it" for the faimly.

I hope this makes sense. Sounded better in my head.

Your statement is too one sided...

I knew many men who gutted it out for the family...

They didn't love their wives anymore but stayed for the kids and to keep the family unit together.

So gutting it out isn't just a woman thing...

I stayed with my ex wife longer than I should have for the sake of my kids and keeping the family unit together.

And pride isn't just a man's problem...

Pride is a people problem...

4/3/2014 2:21:05 PM How true is this quote?  

bumblebee7
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (62,202)
Fort Payne, AL
61, joined Apr. 2011

I'd say in some cases.

I can think of test a lot harder than those.

sorry, I can't go along with this.

4/3/2014 2:30:10 PM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

For anyone who say there are tests within marriages greater then this quote need to know the number one reason for divorces...

The number one reason for divorce is finances... Disagreements over money and how it is spent, saved, earned, or lost...

Cheating, abuse, lying, stealing, and all the rest of the things that happens within a marriages is a distant second to money issues when it come to divorces.

The quote deals with money and power and whether you have it or no longer have it...

4/3/2014 2:30:36 PM How true is this quote?  

da1dayluv2hate
Bronx, NY
39, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from rabbitbrown:
As a blanket statement, it's too ambiguous.
Way too many influencing factors involved.

Her sticking with him in bad times can depend on why he fell into bad times - did he abuse drugs, beat people, gamble, etc...
His sticking with her in good times has variables, too. Maybe she's always been a b*tch, maybe she never believed in him, maybe she got jealous of his success...?

As a statement, that quote can be an amusing pondering of the hypocrisy of human behavior, though lends to a presumptive negativity, perpetuating a degrading overview of the other gender that this often 'blame the other person' society already feeds itself like candy.

Lol

Hmmm interesting, it is also due to the fact that when you base your relationship on utility, not understanding that peoples desires do change overtime.

If you're not getting everything that's expected, whether it's broken promises or a need for change, the loyalty towards your significant other is always going to be tested.

And I don't consider utility a degrading statement, because even though your expectations may fall short of its intended results, based on attributes you would like to aspire to have or be, certain ground rules have to be laid in the beginning, forming the foundation of what this other person means to you.

And this is where the 'blame the other person' factor comes into play, because, in certain instances, you do good, based on how it makes you feel, not taking the other person's feelings into consideration.

For example a man/woman could buy his/her significant other a gift based on how it makes them feel as a man or a woman, now if he/she has termed that the proper gratitude towards his gift giving is not shown on the basis of lack of enthusiasm...this could threaten his/her loyalty, but who is he/she really loyal to?

"you're suppose to do good for the sake of doing good, not incidentally but by reason of your own nature" Aristotle

When those feelings are reciprocated. the love becomes eternal

4/3/2014 2:50:21 PM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from da1dayluv2hate:
Hmmm interesting, it is also due to the fact that when you base your relationship on utility, not understanding that peoples desires do change overtime.

If you're not getting everything that's expected, whether it's broken promises or a need for change, the loyalty towards your significant other is always going to be tested.

And I don't consider utility a degrading statement, because even though your expectations may fall short of its intended results, based on attributes you would like to aspire to have or be, certain ground rules have to be laid in the beginning, forming the foundation of what this other person means to you.

And this is where the 'blame the other person' factor comes into play, because, in certain instances, you do good, based on how it makes you feel, not taking the other person's feelings into consideration.

For example a man/woman could buy his/her significant other a gift based on how it makes them feel as a man or a woman, now if he/she has termed that the proper gratitude towards his gift giving is not shown on the basis of lack of enthusiasm...this could threaten his/her loyalty, but who is he/she really loyal to?

"you're suppose to do good for the sake of doing good, not incidentally but by reason of your own nature" Aristotle

When those feelings are reciprocated. the love becomes eternal

Awesome point of view...

I have got ALOT of extremely intelligent responses to this thread...

It seem like all the smart people decided to respond to my thread...

Thanks

4/3/2014 3:47:27 PM How true is this quote?  

mylegsarecold
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,581)
Gainesville, FL
54, joined May. 2011

It only works for women who are financially dependent upon a man,
and it only works for men who see women as their assistant.

1950's

4/3/2014 4:11:27 PM How true is this quote?  

hbguy311
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,392)
Huntington Beach, CA
35, joined Aug. 2010

Most people are out for the BBD.

Married people tend to settle and get fat. If a guy all of a sudden hit the jackpot and a fine 25 year old in good shape wanted him and his 200 plus pound wife used the money for more bon bons, I think mathematics take over.

Was the woman in this scenario with the guy when he was nothing? Was it his ambition that drew her to him? He was a premed? Was she with him when he had a strong portfolio and awesome job and now he lost it all? Is he doing anything to get that back? He can't expect a woman to stick around if one of the things he "hooked" her with was his money and stock options. How long does he have nothing? I would think that the woman will leave him (if she still looks good enough) for a guy with money if he takes too long getting back the lifestyle she was used to and liked.

Did this man know one day he would have everything? Was the woman he married or is currently dating aware that he might have it all one day? How long did it take him to achieve everything? Did he maybe use her to gain access to her fathers CEO job? So many factors in play here.

4/3/2014 4:13:28 PM How true is this quote?  

hbguy311
Huntington Beach, CA
35, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from soulfulaussie1:
@ fun ..... you talk a lot of crap ... No not all women are out for the Money .. I want a decent man i can click with .. .. I don't want his money, and I don't care if he has none

Cool! I knew one of you was out there. I live in a cardboard box and have $.45 from the cans I just recycled. What time can I pick you up?

4/3/2014 6:27:07 PM How true is this quote?  
userx79
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,196)
Richmond, VA
37, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from muscleman757:
I agree...

I have noticed many men who became rich and famous are no longer with their original wife. Many are walking around with women who are WAY to young and beautiful to be with them under any other circumstances...

But I have also notice many men complaining about how their wives changed when the husband lost his job and no longer the primary bread winner...

Is both circumstances just human nature?

While it is human nature to be selfish, I think the examples you cited above is more so the result of a lifetime of social CONDITIONING. There was a time when it didn't matter if a man was filthy rich, or dirt poor, as long as he was relatively attractive (physically that is) and treated a woman with dignity and respect, he would be considered a good guy and had a relatively good shot at BUILDING a life TOGETHER with a woman.

I always use the example of Joe Pistone (aka "Donnie Brasco"). While he was never a bum, when he was in college (BEFORE he became a cop) his wife worked and actually helped PAY his way through college. they only divorced AFTER he became a cop working undercover with the mafia.

How many women do you know TODAY that would pay or even HELP pay a man's way through college?

I can count on one hand the number of women I know that would.

4/3/2014 8:25:09 PM How true is this quote?  

smthgabouther
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,095)
Baltimore, MD
35, joined Dec. 2012

I'm not sure if I agree with that quote because I'm back with an ex who is VERY well to do (but not wealthy), yet he is extremely loyal and loving. We are just one couple though, the quote may be true for others.

4/3/2014 8:45:59 PM How true is this quote?  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (34,077)
Henderson, NV
57, joined May. 2009

To an extent, I think that quote has some merit, but I don't think it goes deep enough. I think that the circumstances that change because of those 'tests' is what prompts what happens. People's personalities change, their outlooks change, their ways of treating those around them change, and that's what prompts what happens.

It's been said by others in this thread, the successful man looks at the woman who was by his side while he was working towards success, perhaps she put him through medical school or film school and he looks at her and how his life has changed since he became successful and she pales in comparison. Maybe she's resisting the success in some way and she's not growing with him any longer. Either personality change can cause the breakup.

Maybe when he lost his job and their car was repossessed and they lost the house, and his personality became whiney and blame-shifting, and he started in on it all being her fault, and on and on, and she couldn't handle that any longer. Maybe he wallowed in self-pity for far too long and wouldn't do anything to get himself out of his depression. Maybe he started doing more than just blaming her.

That statement you quote seems as though the test happens in a vacuum and other things don't have additional effects that compounds the problem. It's too simple to just say that, and leaves both men and women as much too one-dimensional.

4/3/2014 8:54:53 PM How true is this quote?  
islandia8_2
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,219)
Tacoma, WA
50, joined Jun. 2013

Pathetic. Why do men think they have all the money and women are only after them for that reason?

Some of us women are fiercely independent and very financially secure that we question whether men are after us for our assets.

It is sickening to read of men talking about women who only after their money. Perhaps you should take a few steps back and realize that some of us women are worried about male gold diggers too.

[Edited 4/3/2014 8:55:51 PM ]

4/3/2014 10:14:18 PM How true is this quote?  
lookin4ones
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,437)
Hurst, TX
56, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from muscleman757:

4/4/2014 10:30:00 AM How true is this quote?  

hbguy311
Huntington Beach, CA
35, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from islandia8_2:
Pathetic. Why do men think they have all the money and women are only after them for that reason?

Some of us women are fiercely independent and very financially secure that we question whether men are after us for our assets.

It is sickening to read of men talking about women who only after their money. Perhaps you should take a few steps back and realize that some of us women are worried about male gold diggers too.

SOME of you women. You answered your own question. Sure, mathematically there are some women that have everything by themselves and don't need a man but the majority of them do want as much money as possible.

4/4/2014 10:18:32 PM How true is this quote?  
way2old2getsome
Over 1,000 Posts (1,123)
Austin, TX
56, joined Jul. 2013

How true a quote is depends on who said it.

4/5/2014 1:57:15 AM How true is this quote?  

driver406
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (47,028)
Saint Paul, MN
64, joined Oct. 2009

Sounds reasonable to me. I've never met a woman that wasn't fickle though, who wouldn't dump a guy if she could find a loser that was 2 cents richer and supposedly better in bed especially if he faints every time someone says "work".

4/5/2014 3:13:46 AM How true is this quote?  

ronleeseberg
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,964)
Mauston, WI
49, joined Jan. 2012

Very true, but I feel that having nothing or having everything should not compromise your standards or morals.

4/5/2014 4:05:26 AM How true is this quote?  
happylauren
Over 2,000 Posts (3,682)
Crown Point, IN
54, joined May. 2013

I find your quote to be true.

4/5/2014 11:31:58 PM How true is this quote?  
lone_martian77
El Paso, TX
39, joined Mar. 2014

Quote from muscleman757:

Good one....adding this to my list of great quotes

4/6/2014 12:44:21 AM How true is this quote?  
sum12see
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,600)
Alhambra, CA
32, joined May. 2013

Quote from muscleman757:
who's a gold digger? Who has money?

4/6/2014 6:14:57 PM How true is this quote?  

safeamerica
Over 1,000 Posts (1,504)
Lexington, KY
51, joined Dec. 2013

Not a realistic quote.--Many times when life gets tough,the low finances or having children,is when the man steps out,shows true colors,no loyalty to his responsibilities.And the woman gets tougher,a survivor with responsibility.A woman's loyalty to a man does come within how he treats her good or bad.If the man treats her good he will gain more loyalty from her.If he treats her bad,he looses respect and loyalty etc.........

4/7/2014 5:22:25 PM How true is this quote?  
mysticalsag9
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,970)
Clarksburg, WV
59, joined Jan. 2013

OP is their a good women behind every man when you are young some want both of the same things trying to reach the goal together ...then once you've met that goal ...I do believe it is a test as you say ... and that is what can leave you to say ! A man's loyalty is tested when he has everything.

[Edited 4/7/2014 5:24:01 PM ]

4/7/2014 6:15:49 PM How true is this quote?  
mrloyal0
Newport News, VA
41, joined Mar. 2014

Im sorry but since we live in a what have you done for me lately world the statement is true. A woman will leave a man with nothing or who has lost everything just like a man will leave a woman at the first sign of trouble in a relationship when he has financial wealth. No one sticks together anymore. I would think if I found financial prosperity I would stick with who was by my side when I didn't have as much. When you have wealth its hard to know if its you or your money.

4/8/2014 11:39:43 AM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

It's funny how people deny the quote but see it happening everyday...

You have guys like Larry King running around with a super model wife who is 40 years younger than him and 5 inches taller...

You RARELY see a man of wealth and power with an ugly or average looking wife...

It's a few guys with power that stayed with his original wife that was with him when he was poor but not many...

But on the other side, you rarely see a woman with wealth who marry a man who isn't wealthy himself... And when it does happen (background dancers), the marriage don't even last 3 months and people look down on her for marrying a ordinary Joe especially other women...

We can sit here and pretend we are above the masses but actions speak louder than words...

If the majority of women can marry a rich man who is good to her, she will over a poor man who is good to her...

If a majority of men can marry a gorgeous woman who is good to him, he will over a average woman who is good to him...

4/8/2014 2:42:00 PM How true is this quote?  
immortalpsyche
Over 2,000 Posts (2,379)
Jacksonville, FL
23, joined Aug. 2013

Quote from muscleman757:

I believe there's some truth in that

4/9/2014 10:51:22 AM How true is this quote?  

mylegsarecold
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,581)
Gainesville, FL
54, joined May. 2011

Quote from muscleman757:
It's funny how people deny the quote but see it happening everyday...

You have guys like Larry King running around with a super model wife who is 40 years younger than him and 5 inches taller...

You RARELY see a man of wealth and power with an ugly or average looking wife...

It's a few guys with power that stayed with his original wife that was with him when he was poor but not many...

But on the other side, you rarely see a woman with wealth who marry a man who isn't wealthy himself... And when it does happen (background dancers), the marriage don't even last 3 months and people look down on her for marrying a ordinary Joe especially other women...

We can sit here and pretend we are above the masses but actions speak louder than words...

If the majority of women can marry a rich man who is good to her, she will over a poor man who is good to her...

If a majority of men can marry a gorgeous woman who is good to him, he will over a average woman who is good to him...

What does any of this have to do with testing loyalty?

4/9/2014 11:13:28 AM How true is this quote?  

muscleman757
Over 2,000 Posts (2,317)
Belleville, IL
44, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from mylegsarecold:
What does any of this have to do with testing loyalty?

I was responding to another poster's atatement so please don't copy and paste my statement to fit your agenda...

The quote isn't just about loyalty, its also about honor and integredy...

Within a marriage (relationship), each spouse/person suppose to HONOR their wedding vows (commitment)...

For better or worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer...

Those words should never be just words...

Those words should be a unbreakable promise...

4/9/2014 11:42:56 AM How true is this quote?  
tf1960
Saint Louis, MO
56, joined Jan. 2013

Most women including myself just want a good man loving caring not a cheat care if you er drun care k or drug User. I dont care if you make minimum wage has long as your helping and there is no drama

4/9/2014 12:51:41 PM How true is this quote?  
yaavoiceinabox
Muskegon, MI
47, joined Mar. 2014

Quote from muscleman757:

Omg YES!! I have seen it visa versa as well. Def truth in that quote. Not everyone of course, but yes I've def seen it happen on both sides of the fence.