Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personnel sign in

Most older women, in time, commonly miss the comfort of land, or they turn rabid. tampa hookups The downside is that really hard to get match lo. Snapchat podcast, and videos that will usually come about on snapchat. https www camsoda We ve pulled collectively some safety techniques for you.

hookups in nashville tn

Depending on your improvement strategy, framework, and preferences, we supply no code chat widgets, pre constructed UI kits. craigslist florida sarasota classifieds It is a competition, bruh and if you genuinely cared for that girl and whatever future you see with her, you wouldn t and shouldn t give up so quick. Resolved to discover a new life partner, Cecile joined Plenty of Fish. flirtbuddies scam Personally, I hate forced robotic conversations.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/9/2014 4:06:30 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

vet61
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,061)
Peoria, IL
56, joined Aug. 2008

I'm sure that many of you can identify with me. When you first got out, you felt like you could conquer the world. As the years go by, you find yourself being reclusive. If you live long enough, you become a recluse. I live alone with my dog and only take him out at night. I haven't been with a woman in seven years. I'm afraid of human interaction. I was injured during "Operation: Urgent Fury" I hate being a recluse and I especially miss being with a woman. Anyone else have this problem?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/9/2014 4:23:26 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Brother! You arent alone but if you continue on your current path you will be...dont let it happen! Either get help or find it in yourself to get out.Have a beer somewhere, start a conversation with somebody..Hell, go to church (Im not religious BTW even though I was raised and educated as a Catholic).
When Im bored or a bit lonely I go to my VFW Post.Its usually busy (we sell
alcohol and are open to the public ).Sometimes I volunteer behind the bar or fill in for the cook, whatever I can do.We have a "Members Only" back room where we play a lot of nickle dime penny ante or whatever .....you would be surprised how many gals of our age drop in and lots are single or widowed, hell we have female members!
Getting your "ashes hauled" is healthy man,and in 7 years I bet you are loaded...time to
go on the hunt buddy!

5/9/2014 5:27:32 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

newlady2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,595)
Goldsboro, NC
78, joined Apr. 2008

Vet----- Not seen yu in ages but I hope yu do something like Richard said.......... I get lonely but not lucky enough to hav e a club to go to even if its just to gab awahile..
So Vet.. Get with it !! ...
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

5/9/2014 5:58:28 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

newlady. Almost all Legions and VFWs have auxiliaries for women who were dependent's of vets. You are the widow of a Vietnam Vet..you will be welcomed and among friends!! I'm pretty sure there's a VFW or Legion Post in your area...look into it!

5/9/2014 6:41:02 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

newlady2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,595)
Goldsboro, NC
78, joined Apr. 2008

Richard--- yes you are right... in fact I often sit with a vet for lunch on e day a week-- Odd hes not mentioned it tho- maybe no females ??? But I will ask *Thanks luv.

.........................................................................................

5/9/2014 7:16:30 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

Theres a couple Legions and VFWs right near you, not in your small town but very near..I checked...

5/9/2014 7:29:07 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,851)
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

hey vet, i remember you. as i recall you met up with a nice gal on here a few years ago. sorry if it didn't go well. welcome back.

5/10/2014 8:06:24 AM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

1irving
Over 1,000 Posts (1,978)
Ruskin, FL
57, joined Mar. 2013

I don't go out much anymore. I hate crowds. I understand.

5/10/2014 10:28:56 AM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

I understand 1irving but its not healthy to live alone.Humans arent wired to live that way. Ive had issues with crowds and had to work through it, Im still not always comfortable but Ive not let it keep me from going to races or ball games etc....if I start feeling a little panic I find me a spot where I can get it under control and breathe.
I hope you can too as well as Vet.

5/10/2014 10:42:16 AM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,851)
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

nobody goes to that restaurant anymore. it's gotten too crowded.

yogi berra

5/10/2014 3:47:43 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
just_zoe1958
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,787)
Burlington, VT
58, joined Dec. 2011

Please don't let your world shrink. It's easy to become agoraphobic when you have ptsd accompanied with panic/anxiety disorder. You will miss out on life, it goes by so quickly.
I hope you can find understanding friends that will go for walks with you during the day or to eat out at the park or even your backyard.
I still struggle with ptsd and agoraphobia, I probably always will. I don't eat out much at all. When I do, more often than not, I will get sick. When I go to lectures or church I will sit on an end seat. Even then, everything will get hazy the voices get garbled together and I need to step outside or an empty room to compose myself.
There is too many things I don't want to miss out on like weddings, shopping with friends, etc. It is worth the risk and the discomfort. I am probably always going to be a homebody and I am happy with that. It is my choice and not totally my ptsd and agoraphobia.
I wish you the best.

5/15/2014 3:41:38 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

k_klix
Over 1,000 Posts (1,431)
Colorado Springs, CO
32, joined Mar. 2014

Contact SOFREP.com. They will help you out.

6/1/2014 6:18:15 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

peachy1954
Over 2,000 Posts (2,491)
Sacramento, CA
63, joined Oct. 2010

Dealing with PTSD definitely sucks at times; actually a lot of times. But the good news is you are far from alone and if you try on a small scale you can pull yourself out of the slide to being homebound back to the life you really want.

It is not always a success oriented mission but it is not a failure only mission either.

Reality is some things do exacerbate PTSD and life changes, personal issues in social relationships, new financial, even seasonal stresses. But learning what bugs you and how to manage it as best as possible is what the peer support groups are really good at. Contrary to popular belief not all of them are all just b*tch and boo-hoo or lecture sessions. Some are just great practice at learning to enjoy life on a more empatheic scale. Notice I say empathy not sympathy or pity because others with PTSD don't feel sorry for you if they are trying to help you.

What I have seen most often work is working up to tolerable levels of contact with small steps, peer support, and using resources that do exist.

Maybe it starts with phone calls to your local doctor and getting a at home counselor or phone resource volunteer to help you find some things that will be useful to you. Maybe it is a phone buddy or a walking buddy.

There are legit online support groups that you can get referrals from the National Alliance For The Mentally Ill to but they can also refer you to small groups or local Offices to pick up useful information.

Your local librarian or Bookmobile can get you a lot of useful material including a great self help workbook. Good Will Stores and SPCA sales are a great source for personal copies if you want to read and take notes and write in the margins once you find a book you want to own and use as a self help tool. .

Thankfully the Military has finally gotten in gear even witht he bumps in the road, but what is not VA related about PTSD is also legions so you have two sources of help. Every major USA city has an Independent Living Center that would be an excellent place to start with Free Highly Skilled Peer Professionals

My Experience is mixing PTSD and alcohol is a very poor idea so I would not recommend going down to the local anything that has a bar but some of the Vet Organizations are getting with the idea that it isn't about anestisizing oneself with booze or gambling but having positive things to be involved in.

Because not all of Habitat activities are about big groups it is a nice way to get out of the house and do something fairly manageable. As are many other charities that will let you take you pet often and so mundane tasks so you can revive a small circle of friends.

Maybe even some desirable Female friends. Good Luck. Hang in there.

6/5/2014 9:17:43 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

peachy1954
Over 2,000 Posts (2,491)
Sacramento, CA
63, joined Oct. 2010

Please note my information about PTSD is not from my own active duty military service but having been a hostage. And years of lasting relationships with military members, their families, including disabled and homeless vets for 40 years. I helped found and fund numerous peer counseling efforts, the first state memorial to Viet Era Vets, funding of the "Wall", The Women's Memorial, enacting ADA and several other laws protecting Veterans and disabled. I am an Agent Orange survivor. My efforts, most thousands of documented hours unpaid, resulted in a Presidential Commendation for Service to Country and the development of what have now become the recognition of PTSD as a legitimate recognized condition and treatment modalities in and outside of the VA. I am the widow of a Viet Era Veteran. And the Mother of a Viet Era POW child; now adult, two sons that served (one still is), and two daughter's in law that serve plus numerous foster children and three prior generations and extended family, who have also served.

Whipping out credentials mean nothing if I do not add that there is hope in treating PTSD so anyone who deals with it can have a normal, high quality life, without being a burden on themselves, others, and contributing members of society.

6/6/2014 10:29:24 AM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

What is a Vietnam "ERA" POW? A Vietnam "era" veteran is someone who served during Vietnam but never set foot in-country...please explain.

6/6/2014 12:22:32 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

digitaldog
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,703)
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from whiskeyrichard1:

What is a Vietnam "ERA" POW?
A Vietnam "era" veteran is someone who served during Vietnam but never set foot in-country...please explain.

Hey Richard, -- MEee tooooo...
( same as you ) being Airborne, combat,
and a " few other things "..
but jeepers.... throughout the years
I've heard a LOT from " others "..
But I too have never heard of
a " Vietnam Era POW "..

i nose i aint the smartest guy dog here..
but jeepers....
can SOMEone pleeeeeaseeeee
beat some
" politically correct nonsense jargon "
into MEEEeeeee...!!!

That's it for now.. ..!!
me and my pals are
outta here..

-XoXoXoX-

And ALL my friends....

6/6/2014 1:14:20 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

peachy1954
Over 2,000 Posts (2,491)
Sacramento, CA
63, joined Oct. 2010

What is a Vietnam "ERA" POW? A Vietnam "era" veteran is someone who served during Vietnam but never set foot in-country...please explain.

True a Vietnam "Era" veteran is a person who was in the service in those years and did not set foot in Vietnam. On paper; at least. Either scenario does not negate their service or their experiences. Combat did exist in other theaters. Even if they never were in combat it does not negate their service or comprehension of the threat and results. Example; There are veterans that stood up to their hips saturated in blood for hours, days, weeks ect. dealing with injured and killed.

And until you stand repeatedly holding up a pregnant teen spouse as they unzip her flash frozen husband's body bag so she can claim him and have him taken home to be buried don't tell me that non-vets don't have a clue about the cost of war or what the stress of PTSD is about.

Vietnam Era Pow can and often did mean a South Vietnamese child or adult. In my child's case that was a POW for over 15 years in Vietnam and Cambodian concentration camps because his parents and siblings were also taken/posted as MIA/POW's because they supported the American forces, granted their own country, and unfortunately were not selected to be evacuated when American forces exodused. Or could get clearance to come to the USA because they were so medically fragile that they could not care for their surviving children, much less themselves, when they finally were found and freed. Some are still not free.

Singular tunnel definitions are symantics and ignore the issue that PTSD is not just a service combat connected disability and often can and does affect American Veterans hurt in accidents, training, hazing, even criminal behavior between service members such as sexual assaults, gang activity, and disasters such as fires or storms to name a few traumatic events that tend to set into motion the symptoms of PTSD. Including drug and alcohol infused self abuse during and after service.

A Vietnam Veteran is NOT only American soldier or citizen or an adult.

6/6/2014 1:35:27 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Don't delete meeeeee...
Just..
PLEASEeeeee...
send me money and...

-XoXoXoX-
Digital Dog

6/6/2014 1:46:54 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

So being imprisoned in your own country by your own government makes you a POW? So were all the Japanese we rounded up and put in camps during WWII were all POW'S?

6/6/2014 1:57:25 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

And by the way lady you should take time to read the Third Geneva Convention.It strictly defines what a "prisoner of war is" .

6/6/2014 2:17:15 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from whiskeyrichard1

And by the way lady you should take time to read
the Third Geneva Convention.
It strictly defines what a "prisoner of war is"

Thank you sir..!!!

And as for me....
Just REMEMBER:
i is a lover not a fighter...

But if sex, food, or marriage is out of the question..
Then just send me money
and

-XoXoXoX-

And ALL my friends....

6/6/2014 6:02:52 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  
whiskeyrichard1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,477)
Burlington, KY
70, joined Sep. 2013

And for your info lady I was a medic in the 101st Airborne in Vietnam.I also did a few months in the 326 Air Ambulance. AS a result I tagged and bagged some bodies.When the choppers came they went to our Division base camp. More than a few times I was aboard the chopper as the angles carried them away.There GR took them and they were kept in cool storage by "the man from Glad" as we called GR until they were sent home in coffins-not in body bags as you claim. They went to the US military mortuary in Dover Delaware and were properly embalmed and properly dressed in a clean uniform with all decorations.. I know of no time when they were "flash frozen " or sent home to be identified in a body bag by a loved one. Every ID was already done and recorded and your macabre account is fictitious!YOU TALK A LOT OF PURE BS! BTW I personally watched coffins being loaded at Tan Son Nhut. Not body bags and not troops frozen like mackerel.

6/6/2014 6:37:47 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

And for your info lady I was a medic in the 101st Airborne in Vietnam.I also did a few months in the 326 Air Ambulance. AS a result I tagged and bagged some bodies.When the choppers came they went to our Division base camp. More than a few times I was aboard the chopper as the angles carried them away.There GR took them and they were kept in cool storage by "the man from Glad" as we called GR until they were sent home in coffins-not in body bags as you claim. They went to the US military mortuary in Dover Delaware and were properly embalmed and properly dressed in a clean uniform with all decorations.. I know of no time when they were "flash frozen " or sent home to be identified in a body bag by a loved one. Every ID was already done and recorded and your macabre account is fictitious!,
YOU TALK A LOT OF PURE BS
! BTW I personally watched coffins being loaded at Tan Son Nhut. Not body bags and not troops frozen like mackerel.

I too can affirm what Richard says as FACT..
I, PERSONALLY have direct knowledge from some of
my OWN service
that NONE of our troops were
sent home in body bags OR " flash frozen "..

-XoXoXoX-

6/6/2014 6:39:36 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

My Dear Ms. peachy1954 ,
I use to feel bad cause I am alone..
But after reading your know it all ,
crazy questionable postings..
It reminded me why I ran away from the
the crazy wench in the first place..!!
Thank you..

______
-XoXoXoX-

6/8/2014 3:48:21 PM Homebound Vet with PTSD  

peachy1954
Over 2,000 Posts (2,491)
Sacramento, CA
63, joined Oct. 2010

Then you ignore the fact that when service members bodies were sent to mortuaries, some hours even days drive from smaller communities because they could not handle the number of bodies coming in and being handed off by the military. That they were in cold storage and that spouses/parents did in fact claim the remains, usually be asked for a positive identification which at the time took a visual identification. Some actually chose to see their loved ones. Some from shock that it could not actually have happened and because there were SNAFU's were families were sent corpses that did not belong to them.

No one said they were not embalmed, some better than others, or when possible dressed but many were not in pristine condition, far from it, and some actually were contained in sealed bags because there was no other alternative. I stand by my experience being the local minister's daughter and what some of these young spouses/parents, and myself accompanying, experienced.

But of course you personally accompanied every corpse home so you can discount what I say. Believe what you want.