Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal ad

An LA native, Evan had moved to New York just this year. picking a song for your relationship So when a person in his exercise group chat posted a hyperlink to a signup type for a new Chicago dating experiment known as Quarantine Bae, he figured he had absolutely nothing to lose. Worthy really did a fascinating study back in February 2019 to understand a lot more about our readers expertise dating right after divorce. lucky hookups This classic match discovered early accomplishment when on line dating web sites had been growing in recognition.

what is rubmaps

The COVID 19 pandemic has highlighted the internet s value in helping us meet new persons, develop community, and discover our new passions or hobbies. idaho falls hook up Tinder, Hinge, Bumble and most other apps function on the principle of swiping on the basis of physical attractiveness. When you are attempting to get to know somebody new, you can only text what s up so several occasions. nostringsattached com legit Raya is best if you are hoping to spot a celebrity or want to network with other like minded creatives, but it can be complicated to get an invite to it.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/13/2014 9:26:16 AM Best places to eat in New Mexico  
jd135
Farmington, NM
31, joined Jan. 2014

I just moved here 4 years ago and don't really eat out. Where are some great places to eat all over New Mexico

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/14/2014 3:23:46 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

dingodan12
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,994)
Poteau, OK
63, joined Jan. 2014

In Las Cruces, for real Mexican food, "My Brother's Place".

It has been there for years and is the best place in Las Cruces for Mexican food.

Most tourists will tell you " La Posta" in Old Mesillia. Its "OK", but it is tourist Mexican food.

For steaks, etc, the double eagle in las Cruces.

There is a restaurant in Carrizozo... I don't remember the name, but it is on hwy 54 as you pass through the town, right on a corner lot. Very, very good Mexican food...almost as good as my brothers place.

The Spanish kitchen in las Cruces... If its still open.

That's about all I can think of.

For fast food, " what-a-burger" and der wienerscnitzel in las Cruces.

[Edited 6/14/2014 3:24:31 PM ]

6/17/2014 7:33:37 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  
vickie0621
Las Cruces, NM
37, joined May. 2014

Mimi's !!!

6/20/2014 7:13:25 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Been to Farmington about 6 years ago. There was a "sit down" Chinese restaurant that was not bad at all. Made what I call a good "real" egg roll, and the rest of the food was excellent. Farmington has some richer people than what is in the southern ceespool of NM.

People here love buffets, and Chinese buffets are generally crap. That's not the way to eat good Chinese cuisine.

In Las Cruces, Nellies Café is very good. I've heard La Posta was good many ears ago, but now relying on some old reputation. Chopes in La Mesa, is supposed to be one of the finest in the state.

Alamogordo? Don't ever come here looking for good food, as this town is a culinary cesspool, of nothing but horrid dives, diarrhea, bilk you for every cent they can get from you. Not even decent Mexican food, which is pathetic considering Alamo-turdo is 90 miles from the Mexican border.

Cheapness, highway robbers, and carpetbaggers abound here.

6/20/2014 7:42:27 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

I would call "My Brother's Place" in Las Cruces "real" Mexican food, but they were OK, been there 2-3 times. Good service, edible food, nice décor, and in-near the old mall, a pretty area of town, neat as a pin.

Overall, Las Cruces seems to be a fairly well run town, much cleaner than this weed infested hole known as Alamo-ghetto.

I would suspect your finest dining will be in Alb, Santa Fe, Taos, and also Farmington.
Only one way to find out, you gots to get out and spend your money.

One can usually investigate a little, by looking at Trip Advisor, Yelp or Yahoo for eatery reviews in your area, so you can hopefully gain some basic knowledge-advice.

Careful though some of those reviews, usually the over-blown positive ones are most likely shills, the owners themselves trying to lure you in and drive up business.

6/21/2014 12:29:16 AM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

dingodan12
Poteau, OK
63, joined Jan. 2014

Several people mentioned Nellie's the last time I was in las Cruces. I did not have the time to get there, but heard it is pretty good.

6/25/2014 4:11:35 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

phil406
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (45,786)
Pueblo, CO
53, joined Jul. 2009

In Tucumcari there is a Golden Dragon Chinese Place that has some good grub. Clovis has a Semi-Chinese buffet-menu place with Great General Tso's Chicken. In Las Vegas is a Mexican Restaurant which has Spicy Huervos Rancheros also! Blake's Lota Burger is in most every town in New Mexico!

[Edited 6/25/2014 4:12:17 PM ]

7/3/2014 11:00:17 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

dingodan12
Poteau, OK
63, joined Jan. 2014

Mark...were you in Alamogordo during the 60's and 70's?

If you think its weed infested now, you should have seen it back then, if you did not have the opportunity.

Its been cleaned up a thousand percent.

Are the Germans still at Holloman? I think that is how Alamo managed to get cleaned up.

Your not far from the mountains... Thirty minutes? If you work in or near Alamo, move to cloudcroft, or somewhere up there that is not short of water.

7/7/2014 4:31:29 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

phil406
Pueblo, CO
53, joined Jul. 2009

Who would have Known?

7/8/2014 12:45:15 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from dingodan12:
Mark...were you in Alamogordo during the 60's and 70's?

If you think its weed infested now, you should have seen it back then, if you did not have the opportunity.

Its been cleaned up a thousand percent.

Are the Germans still at Holloman? I think that is how Alamo managed to get cleaned up.

Your not far from the mountains... Thirty minutes? If you work in or near Alamo, move to cloudcroft, or somewhere up there that is not short of water.

LOL, I came to "Alamo-Weedo" in 2003. Yeah, I can imagine, was lots smaller, Ashphalt probably wasn't invented back then. But I suspect back in the 60's and 70's there was probably better eateries here back then, than there is now. We now have a Carls Jr, and a B-Dubs (Wild Wings) Haven't been to BWW yet, and Carl's seems virtually empty most times, and are hit-miss.

Yes the GAF is still here, one would think after all these years there would be a decent German Restaurant, or Bakery, but nope, nada.
Mark

7/8/2014 12:46:10 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from phil406:

Who would have Known?

Ha Ha!

8/10/2014 10:59:51 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

dingodan12
Poteau, OK
63, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from markd51:
I would call "My Brother's Place" in Las Cruces "real" Mexican food, but they were OK, been there 2-3 times. Good service, edible food, nice décor, and in-near the old mall, a pretty area of town, neat as a pin.

Overall, Las Cruces seems to be a fairly well run town, much cleaner than this weed infested hole known as Alamo-ghetto.

I would suspect your finest dining will be in Alb, Santa Fe, Taos, and also Farmington.
Only one way to find out, you gots to get out and spend your money.

One can usually investigate a little, by looking at Trip Advisor, Yelp or Yahoo for eatery reviews in your area, so you can hopefully gain some basic knowledge-advice.

Careful though some of those reviews, usually the over-blown positive ones are most likely shills, the owners themselves trying to lure you in and drive up business.

You wouldn't call my brothers place real Mexican food because you're an idiot.

Any normal person would call it real. Been serving it the same way for more than 40 years... It tastes the same today as it did back then.

What are you,military or ex military? You have that "Dumb schit" air about your posts.

Enlisted lifer, right?

Don't lie. I can smell you idiots thousands of miles away.

Yeah. I did my time. Four years worth. Yeah, I was in a war. Yeah, I saw combat.

My son is now an ensign in the Navy. Just graduated from the naval academy.

No, I am not encouraging him to make it a career.

Now, tell the truth Larry lifer.

Either that,nor you areca teacher.

Both equally full of schit.

8/14/2014 3:13:41 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from dingodan12:
You wouldn't call my brothers place real Mexican food because you're an idiot.

Any normal person would call it real. Been serving it the same way for more than 40 years... It tastes the same today as it did back then.

What are you,military or ex military? You have that "Dumb schit" air about your posts.

Enlisted lifer, right?

Don't lie. I can smell you idiots thousands of miles away.

Yeah. I did my time. Four years worth. Yeah, I was in a war. Yeah, I saw combat.

My son is now an ensign in the Navy. Just graduated from the naval academy.

No, I am not encouraging him to make it a career.

Now, tell the truth Larry lifer.

Either that,nor you areca teacher.

Both equally full of schit.

Your rants are comical, and if you've been eating there for a so called "40 years" to know better, then grand for you, glad you like the food.

What does this touting of your military service have to do with food? LOL

Again, I've eaten there, said it was OK, and I'll further iterate that it is a better Mexican eatery than any here in Alamogordo NM. Is that really saying much?
Much of what I've experienced here is both a bastardized version, and an Americanized-commercialized version of Mexican cuisine.

That this sort of NM fare you tout, like Texican style more commonly appeals to the gringo appetite.

What I did, work, is of course none of your business, and impertinent. But I have lived in Chicago a good number of years, and found more authenticity with what could be referred to as Norteno Style Mexican cuisine, and don't you think this is surprising, considering both Alamogordo, and Las Cruces are both just a stone's throws from the Mexican Border, and yet Chicago Ill is 1200 miles away?

Of course, regarding Chicago, it alone has a larger Hispanic-latino population than this entire state possesses. And without any doubt, there are more Mexican eateries within the Chicago city limits than this entire state has, believe it!

Mole? How many places do you see make such? Or how about Al Pastor? These are just a couple. Yes, I know the Green Chile reigns king here, but that is not all that Mexican Food encompasses.

Is it because of typical New Mexican laziness that you won't never see such items on their menus? I believe so.

What I see typically, is a large dependence upon miserable cheap ground beef, and brisket. Profit margins is what appears to be the top priorities here in NM, not at all concerned about any "authenticities" of any type-style of food.

8/14/2014 4:15:00 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Your comments, and infantile insults almost lead me to believe you were either a past owner, or employee.

Again, My Brother's Place I commented mostly favorably upon. Décor nice, but of course Décor only aids somewhat to a total positive dining experience. And often, I couldn't give a rat's about "circuses:, I want good enjoyable, memorable food. Food that makes me want to come back again and again.

Nellies in Cruces is one such place I've found. And as I understand it, there at one time used to be 2 Nellies, the other was a total dive.

I don't mostly care about seating for 300, décor, water fauntains, which if I remember right, My Brothers Place had a nice fountain. I;m there for the food, bottom line. And often, I do not also care about the price. But sometimes, high price, and high quality do not many times go hand in hand.

How many places in New Mexico have you gone that serve freshly made char broiled Ribeye Steak, (as the Mexican people call Lomo) or Skirt Steak Tacos, Burritos, Tortas? Not many that's for sure.

And here in this turd known as alamoghetto, they serve you nasty 3 day old tasteless ground beef on shrunken little mini corn tortillas, two TBSP of Beans-Rice for $8.50-$9.00, pathetic. Where do they send those Tortillas to, an African Witch Doctor to shrink them? LOL Again, pahetic, and typical, of how carpetbaggers in this state like taking people for their money, and giving them shit in return.

I've eaten in many restaurants in Chicago, that were there before NM was eeven a state. Just a tumbleweed strewn wilderness is all. Take Restaurants like the Berghoff in downtown Chicago.

The Mexican places I commonly frequented for Mexican Food in Chicago were Nuevo Leon on 18th st, and El Milagro on Blue Island-18th. Both were, and are head and shoulders over any eateries I've experienced here in 11 years.

Sure, I haven't eaten in every goddamn Mexican place in the state, but you people here all seem to follow the same business profile, and ethic. Serve them shit, charge them a high price, and the dummies will still come, mostly out of ignorance, and/or passers through.

And the Hershey Squirts? Got them here in this state more times than you can count!

8/14/2014 5:51:36 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Ever notice how every freaking rat turd Mexican restaurant in this state dump state has the audacity, and gall to charge you extra for one freaking goddamn tortilla, lie 60 or 80 cents or more each?

THis is right after you, and a party just dropped $30, $40, $50, $60 on lunch!?

That's hoe grabastically, and greedily money hungry people are here, and again, so pathetic, it's not even funny.

Never, and I repeat, never in my entire life in Chicago, from a rathole with roaches crawling up the walls, a street vendor, or the best Mexican restaurants the city had to offer would they ever charge you for extra Salsa, which always came in large Mocajetes, not these little eyewash bowls your restaurants give people here, and those bowls of salsa wuld be endless-unlimited.

Large bowls of Pickled Jalapenos with Carrots-Onions, ever see that here in this turd state? Never!

Want another fresh stack of hot tortillas, no problem, free. Here, you rat basturd cheapskates are always holding out your hands!

Bottom line, f**k New Mexico, 99% of you people here are full of shit and nothing more than take artists!

"Welcome to the land of not what I can do for you, but what can you do for me?"

10/12/2014 8:36:44 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  
505brandon
Albuquerque, NM
28, joined Sep. 2014

Papadeaux fried alligator nothing like it plan in spending a 100 or more if you got more then one with you

11/2/2014 2:23:50 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

phil406
Pueblo, CO
53, joined Jul. 2009

We recently had a write up in our Paper about a little place in Santa Fe called Harry's Roadhouse. The Woman who had eaten there was surprised of there Unusual Menu; old fashioned cooking with gluten free and free range items as well. I do have Family there and asked. They were going there later that day so I called to see if they had a menu to look at Online. I'll be going there in the Spring and I know I wont be Disappointed so what the Heck, give it a try!

12/15/2014 5:26:27 AM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

frozenheat
Farmington, NM
50, joined Mar. 2014

If you live in Farmington, go next door to aztec and try Reubios or Hiway grill. Fun good atmosphere, good food!

4/16/2015 8:22:10 AM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

sunny1655
Richmond, KY
58, joined Jul. 2014

I know this is an old thread. I'm moving to Silver Springs this weekend. I understand why you alkyl mention a lot about Mexican cuisine,but are there any good Italian restaurants?

5/5/2015 6:10:09 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from sunny1655:
I know this is an old thread. I'm moving to Silver Springs this weekend. I understand why you alkyl mention a lot about Mexican cuisine,but are there any good Italian restaurants?

Sadly, even many Italian Restaurants in Chicago, a town I grew up in now are totally rat a** dives, in which I wouldn't enjoy the cuisine if it was free. Even in fact if they paid me $50 to sit down and eat it.

One could make ten times better at home without any doubt, after opening a jar of Classico Tomato-Basil Sauce, some good Grated Parm-Romano, dope the sauce with another clove or two of fresh Garlic, and add a few sprigs Fresh Basil Leaf at the end.

Throw in a few Neckbones, or Italian Sausage, or Baby Back Ribs, or Meatballs (browned first of course), simmer, and you've actually got a 1000% better sauce than 99% of people anywhere can make. Especially this retarded one horse state! This state hugely sucks for Mexican food, what would expect from any other ethnic cuisine?

I've seen too many fine Italian eateries resort to hiring "river swimmers" in back, vying for a green card, who wouldn't know the first goddamn thing about Italian Heritage, Cooking, and couldn't give a Rat's ass. They just do not know. And neither could the owners care either. They're happy paying below sub poverty level wages, and believe their food is the cat's meow. When in truth, it is basically inedible garbage.

70% of Chicago Italian Restaurants are like this now, what would you think you will find here? Disappointments, and money thrown down the toilet is what.

Of course Pasta is but a very small slice of what Italian Food is.

[Edited 5/5/2015 6:12:54 PM ]

5/5/2015 6:31:08 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Seafood.
I've seen family, and close friend's mothers turn a piece of Bacala (Salt Dried Cod in a freaking Box!) into some of the most delicious fish you ever ate. All depends on the cook.

I am Italian, I know what Calamari (with Pasta) on Chistmas Eve is like, my great Aunt Rose used to invite, and cook for Al Capone. yep, my grandfather (her brother) were good friends.

Catholic Italians NEVER eat meat on Christmas Eve, always fish-seafood. Fresh Clams, Oysters, Dungeness Crab, Shrimp, Calamari, Bacala Salad, Stuffed Calamari were the items on the family menu that special day.

Same held true in towns like Philly, and New York.

Typical in Chicago was Pepper-Egg Sammys on French Bread on Fridays (no meat) Or others like Lentil Soup.

5/29/2015 9:35:05 AM Best places to eat in New Mexico  
squillovoce
Rio Rancho, NM
38, joined Jul. 2013

Went to the new Chili's in Bernalillo. Not what I'd call great food but it was supposed to be a quick lunch date. I couldn't stay more than 45 minutes.

I ordered a salad and waited 35 minutes. Waiter forgot to put in my ticket. Finally brought it out but I had to leave. I asked them to box it for me. Waited another 6 minutes and left without eating.

My date told me later his food was good.

For some reason every Chili's I've ever been to has had terrible service.

6/1/2015 7:21:42 AM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

hippo65
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,072)
Albuquerque, NM
51, joined Apr. 2013

I been to Chili's near where I live. Service was great.

6/18/2015 2:56:58 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

I went once to the Chilis we have here in Alamogordo. I ordered a Steak, and it was edible, but far from being a good steak. Service was OK, nothing to brag about.

In truth, Chilis is probably not the place to order Steak, it's not particularly known as a Steakhouse. Haven't been in quite some time, so, to be fair, things might have changed for the better, I see them currently advertising many new menu items, which might be easier for them to make good?

Alamogordo truly is not a culinary mecca, that's for sure.

6/23/2015 11:06:41 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

gypsysoul13
Alamogordo, NM
60, joined Jul. 2011

Ok, there are no eateries in Alamogordo worth mentioni,its been along time since Chicago but Boston Sea Party restraunt was pretty good , big juice tasty Lobersters clams and osters very good service as well.We were with a large group of Navy personel
Now here in Alamogordo And found Pepper has the most alful service and food the oder was wrong the veggies over cooked stuck to Plate, steak burnt.. Never went back
Hope its better now !?

6/24/2015 9:00:08 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  
mr_larrybob
Over 2,000 Posts (2,506)
Ruidoso, NM
97, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from markd51:
Ever notice how every freaking rat turd Mexican restaurant in this state dump state has the audacity, and gall to charge you extra for one freaking goddamn tortilla, lie 60 or 80 cents or more each?

THis is right after you, and a party just dropped $30, $40, $50, $60 on lunch!?

That's hoe grabastically, and greedily money hungry people are here, and again, so pathetic, it's not even funny.

Never, and I repeat, never in my entire life in Chicago, from a rathole with roaches crawling up the walls, a street vendor, or the best Mexican restaurants the city had to offer would they ever charge you for extra Salsa, which always came in large Mocajetes, not these little eyewash bowls your restaurants give people here, and those bowls of salsa wuld be endless-unlimited.

Large bowls of Pickled Jalapenos with Carrots-Onions, ever see that here in this turd state? Never!

Want another fresh stack of hot tortillas, no problem, free. Here, you rat basturd cheapskates are always holding out your hands!

Bottom line, f**k New Mexico, 99% of you people here are full of shit and nothing more than take artists!

"Welcome to the land of not what I can do for you, but what can you do for me?"

Yes.

And I agree with you concerning most New Mexicans. I moved away from there YEARS ago. Love the country, like the Mexican culture...

On the other hand, my dad's family came from Illinois. Been to Chicago many times. No thanks. Although I got along well with the people, there's just too many of them.

7/6/2015 2:59:04 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from mr_larrybob:
Yes.

And I agree with you concerning most New Mexicans. I moved away from there YEARS ago. Love the country, like the Mexican culture...

On the other hand, my dad's family came from Illinois. Been to Chicago many times. No thanks. Although I got along well with the people, there's just too many of them.

I know sometimes I rattle on a bit too much about the state, and about Alamogordo. Some things get better, like our new Albertsons Market was surely needed here.

About a week ago, I ate at Si Senor, they have a new location further north on White Sands Blvd-Alamogordo.

Surprisingly, the food was pretty good, I had the Combo #1, so I could get an idea of what some of the dishes taste like. The Plate of food was huge, I could not finish it all, Chile Relleno tasted good, Enchilada, Taco, Beans Rice, Meat with Chili. was served on a Hot Plate. Price was super inexpensive IMO, I think $10.95, and the Soda with free refills was $1! Nice wait staff, clean restaurant, bravo, my hat's off to them, hope they keep up the good work!

Last time I went some years ago, their food was to me a bit too "Gringo-ized", for the American Pallet.

Now, I see you hail from Ruidoso. I have an old childhood friend who like me, was born-raised in Chicago, lives in Ruidoso, and owns Michelena's Italian Restaurant! Yep, my childhood friend Nick. Nick and I went to grade school together, and Nick's Parents and my Parents were also very good friends. Sadly, both of Nick's parents have passed away.

Back then in the 60's, we only lived a few doors apart in one of the little Italy Neighborhoods in Chicago. Homes there now start at about $300K and go up. My father still lives there.

There, and at the time in our neighborhood, there was never no less than 4 Pizzerias, 4 Italian Bakeries (which usually also made bakery style Pizzas), and 4 Italian Beef-Hot Dogs Stands. And they were all the best. Sure miss those times, and the great food!

In fact, Nick's Dad, and my Dad also went to school together, were best friends, they both also being of the same age.

I was at his restaurant on the 3rd of July, and Nick made me a nice Sausage-Mushroom Pizza. It was very good! And was a lot of Pizza, I was only able to polish off 1/2, and I can be a pretty hardy eater.

I was in the Kitchen shortly, watching Nick Make Pizza and taking out some fresh homemade Italian Bread from the Oven, and it brought back some good old memories from Chicago, and seeing the Pizzas being made "the Chicago way".

Kitchen was nice and big, modern, neat as a pin. Nice wait staff folks there as well.

I've lived in NM since 2003, but Nick has lived here since 1990! After Chicago, he and family had moved to Palm Springs CA, then Nick came here. For many years, I never even knew that Nick was here, only recently learning of his residency in NM.

Looking forward to seeing Nick again soon, and have to try some of the other dishes they make there. I have deep Italian roots in my Family, and many were great Italian Cooks as well.
Mark

7/6/2015 3:52:56 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from gypsysoul13:
Ok, there are no eateries in Alamogordo worth mentioni,its been along time since Chicago but Boston Sea Party restraunt was pretty good , big juice tasty Lobersters clams and osters very good service as well.We were with a large group of Navy personel
Now here in Alamogordo And found Pepper has the most alful service and food the oder was wrong the veggies over cooked stuck to Plate, steak burnt.. Never went back
Hope its better now !?

Haven't dined at Peppers Grill in many years. Surely not fine dining, and the ignorance abounds there, to bring everything a party orders to the table all at once, appetizers, and main course! Now, which do you eat first, the appetizer, all the while you're main course is going cold, or leave the appetizer for the main course?
Dumb, just plain dumb!

You have to order the appetizer, then tell wait staff "LEAVE THE MENU"! Then, when the appetizer comes, then, and only then, order your main course.

Never in my entire life have I seen this done in any restaurant. So much lack of brains, education, and care here, and how to properly run a business, especially food based.

Yes, have eaten at Boston Sea Party long ago. For a period of time, they were pretty good.

7/6/2015 4:48:11 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from mr_larrybob:
Yes.

Chicago is great for dining, but I am aware also has gotten very expensive also. One old fav Mexican restaurant there I used to dine at, and was one time reasonable, now has the gall to charge $17 for a Carne Asada Skirt Steak. And I'd bet it's probably the size now, of a slice of Oscar Meyer Bacon.

The crap part about Chicago, is crime, and here you are, working hard, trying to make ends meet, make a living for yourself and/or family, you want to go out on an occasion to dine, enjoy whatever food you crave, or a special celebration, etc, and while you're dining some rat basturd low life scum turd is breaking into your vehicle, or vandalizing it, or smashing into it.

Trust that I've had that happen on more than one occasion, once with an immaculate 1966 White T-Bird, that could have easily taken a "Best In Show", to habe some drunken little turd with his mommas station wagon rear end it at 30mph while parked on the street.

Another time, took my mint 1968 SS396 Camaro In Lemans Blue to Chinatown to dine. I saw from the window, the turd woman not only knocked in my driver's door once, but twice, when she first exited, and then when she got back in. I had a hell of a time getting that fixed, and it was never right. A car that would be worth $70K today, and a good friend still owns.

Or my father, who a few years ago bought a brand new VW SUV, parked a block away in the supermarket parking lot, to be away for any-all turds, and guess what?

1/2 hour later, he came out to find a key run entirely around this 1 week old $47K vehicle. That's the kind of low life turds that live in Chicago, so one has to re-evaluate just how bad this turd, Alamogordo truly is, and put things into perspective.

As I've always said, "Some people are only alive, because it's illegal to kill them"!

7/8/2015 3:43:13 AM Best places to eat in New Mexico  
mr_larrybob
Over 2,000 Posts (2,506)
Ruidoso, NM
97, joined Sep. 2014

Yup. Sounds familiar.

I did not live in Ruidoso, I lived in Las Cruces. I attended Lynn Junior High School, Las Cruces High School back when there were only two High Schools, LCHS and Mayfield. My parents moved to Lawton (my Dad worked for Federal Civil Service) and I hated Lawton so badly that I quit High School at the end of my Junior year and joined the Navy (with parents permission). I returned to NM after I was discharged from the Navy in 1975.

Went to work at WSMR and worked there until I transferred to Germany for a promotion, then to DC, then to Maryland and then to Oklahoma to retire...on or two one year stints in there as well.

I hunted around Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, Weed, Mayhill, 16 Springs, Twin Forks and several other places in that general area. Spent a LOT of time in the Sacramentos as well as around White Oaks, Winston, Chloride, Elephant Butte, Caballo, Hilsboro, Kingston, Roberts Lake, Mimbres river, the Gila etc, etc...etc..etc... As well as a lot of time in the Oregons as a kid just hiking and goofing off.

We found an old mine on the West side of the Oregons once, when I was about 16. We decided we just had to see what was in that mine. We hiked up to the mine; in front of the mine was a lot of huge crushed rock, like rip rap around a lake. We took off across the crushed rocks to get to the mine and about ten feet onto the rock and we heard a rattle snake buzz at us. I froze until I could locate the buzz, then took a step side ways to avoid it and got another buzz from a different snake. I located it and took a step backwards and several more snakes buzzed at me.

We had made A BIG mistake. We turned around and got off of those rocks as quickly as possible; buzzing at us all the way. That was the last time I tried to peak inside an old mine in NM.

I still have a friend living in Las Cruces. I was there last year to pick up a dog I bought from him.

When we moved to Las Cruces back in 1968, the population was 29,000, and it was spread out pretty good, not cramped. After I left NM in 1985 the population was about 50k. I did not return until 2003. Man it has gotten MUCH too big for me. I think the population is well over 80k now and there are still zero jobs there, unless it is retail, NMSU, teaching, WSMR, NASA, farming, maybe some construction work....Most of my friends moved away from Las Cruces and NM in search for jobs/careers.

7/10/2015 6:50:24 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Population in LC is now listed at over 101,000 people.

Yes, it's hopping, busy, you have to know where you're going or you will get eaten alive, but it's not that bad a town to navigate. Streets-Roads are laid out well, usually nicely maintained, and once one knows their way around, you can pretty much navigate from one side of town to the other in 10-15 minute's time.

Lots of street construction going on lately, on Main St. and others.
I try to get there every 6-9 weeks to shop, hit Sams Club, Toucan Market, sometimes others, and commonly dine for lunch at Nellies Café, great place with very good Mexican food. Nice people as well. Each time I go, I experience more and more, and it is an interesting town. Looks like they do work hard keeping the town looking presentable and neat.

Nice Farmers Market too in the summer-fall months. Green Chile by the Trailer-Full!

Always bring a cooler with ice for the cold goods I buy.

Lots of everything in Cruces, I guess that's signature of larger cities, more selection, variety, diversity. Like visiting, but I agree, and have had enough of the big city life, like the outdoors, quiet, rural areas, the mountains, fresh air, nature.

7/17/2015 5:40:48 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Sadly, it seems like our little New Mexico Group here is morto, dead.

Wish it wasn't this way.

I'm not here looking for sex, one night stands, or any other deviate low class subversive activities, just nice friendly interaction with other folks across the state, a share of information, advice, friendly comments, nothing more.

Probably should've started a new thread saying such, maybe wake up some nice folks here just to chat, comment, whatever's on their minds.

I think I will start a new thread here soon. Nothing to lose, maybe we'll all have something to gain?
Mark

7/26/2015 11:45:01 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  
jazindas
Alamogordo, NM
52, joined May. 2013

Is Lupitas Tamales in New Mex?

8/1/2015 8:26:54 PM Best places to eat in New Mexico  

markd51
Alamogordo, NM
62, joined Jun. 2013

Quote from jazindas:
Is Lupitas Tamales in New Mex?

I don't think so. I show Canutillo TX in a search, that's it.

Suggest maybe the local topix forum, or facebook. There's some good Tamales here, but usually small home folks, all is sold by word of mouth, you have to be at the right place at the right time.