Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames com

If you are hunting for a extended term relationship and would want to settle quickly, this website might be worth trying! Facts Is eHarmony only for significant relationships? Are there couples what closed only on eHarmony and in fact closed married? savannah hookup sites It has also helped my hopes if I just place it out there that I m blind by such as a picture of myself with my cane in my profile photos. Give yourself time to arrive comfortably vs being stuck in site visitors or running across town to make it in time. russian girl in rocky 4 We re the top national charity functioning with single parent families.

fresno hookups

There are other privacy restrictions and capabilities to assistance users stay anonymous if they are afraid of receiving caught. fort pierce classifieds I will get an occasional view from a girl who I wouldn t kick out of bed/would remain with, and they will message back or play it coy and repeatedly pay a visit to my profile but never ever answer anything I say. You can speak to her by way of the Sqaurespace page. omegle age limit Vote up the most horrifying stories that make you grateful you have never had to experience them, and vote down the ones that definitely are not so terrible.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/3/2014 6:58:54 PM Bahira the Arian heretical monk  

mykkal
Irbil
Iraq
29, joined Mar. 2014

While I have been a proponent of the Second Vatican Councils views on Islam concerning moselms as 'together with us they adore the one merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day' it must be noted, the views and statements from Saint John Damascus (who was fluent in Arabic) and Saint Thomas Aquinas.

For years now, after having read the Qu'ran entirely, it wasn't difficult for me to arrive at the conclusion that Muhammed basically took elements of The Old Testament, New Testament, Gnosticism, Nestorianism and Arianism, mingled them all together and then voila (vwallah *pun intended*) Islam is birthed.

However, I recently stumbled upon this little gem right here...

In the Christian tradition Bahira became a heretical monk, whose errant views inspired the Qur'an. Bahira is at the center of the Apocalypse of Bahira, which exists in Syriac and Arabic which makes the case for an origin of the Qur'an from Christian apocrypha. Certain Arabist authors maintain that Bahira's works formed the basis of those parts of the Qur'an that conform to the principles of Christianity, while the rest was introduced either by subsequent compilers such as Uthman Ibn Affan or contemporary Jews and Arabs." The names and religious affiliations of the monk vary in different Christian sources. For example, John of Damascus (d.749), a Christian writer, states that Muhammad "having chanced upon the Old and New Testaments and likewise, it seems, having conversed with an Arian monk, devised his own heresy."[5]

For Abd-al-Masih al-Kindi, who calls him Sergius and writes that he later called himself Nestorius, Bahira was a Nasorean, a group usually conflated with the Nestorians. After the 9th century, Byzantine polemicists refer to him as Baeira or Pakhyras, both being derivatives of the name Bahira, and describe him as an iconoclast. Sometimes Bahira is called a Jacobite or an Arian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahira

Some thoughts from John of Damascus

"From that time to the present a false prophet named Mohammed has appeared in their midst. This man, after having chanced upon the Old and New Testaments and likewise, it seems, having conversed with an Arian monk, [101] devised his own heresy. Then, having insinuated himself into the good graces of the people by a show of seeming piety, he gave out that a certain book had been sent down to him from heaven. He had set down some ridiculous compositions in this book of his and he gave it to them as an object of veneration."

"They furthermore accuse us of being idolaters, because we venerate the cross, which they abominate. And we answer them: ‘How is it, then, that you rub yourselves against a stone in your Ka’ba [107] and kiss and embrace it?’ Then some of them say that Abraham had relations with Agar upon it, but others say that he tied the camel to it, when he was going to sacrifice Isaac. And we answer them: ‘Since Scripture says that the mountain was wooded and had trees from which Abraham cut wood for the holocaust and laid it upon Isaac, [108] and then he left the asses behind with the two young men, why talk nonsense? For in that place neither is it thick with trees nor is there passage for asses.’ And they are embarrassed, but they still assert that the stone is Abraham’s. Then we say: ‘Let it be Abraham’s, as you so foolishly say. Then, just because Abraham had relations with a woman on it or tied a camel to it, you are not ashamed to kiss it, yet you blame us for venerating the cross of Christ by which the power of the demons and the deceit of the Devil was destroyed.’ This stone that they talk about is a head of that Aphrodite whom they used to worship and whom they called Khabár. Even to the present day, traces of the carving are visible on it to careful observers."
http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/stjohn_islam.aspx

Saint Thomas Aquinas

"On the other hand, those who founded sects committed to erroneous doctrines proceeded in a way that is opposite to this, The point is clear in the case of Muhammad. He seduced the people by promises of carnal pleasure to which the concupiscence of the flesh goads us. His teaching also contained precepts that were in conformity with his promises, and he gave free rein to carnal pleasure. In all this, as is not unexpected, he was obeyed by carnal men. As for proofs of the truth of his doctrine, he brought forward only such as could be grasped by the natural ability of anyone with a very modest wisdom. Indeed, the truths that he taught he mingled with many fables and with doctrines of the greatest falsity. He did not bring forth any signs produced in a supernatural way, which alone fittingly gives witness to divine inspiration; for a visible action that can be only divine reveals an invisibly inspired teacher of truth. On the contrary, Muhammad said that he was sent in the power of his arms—which are signs not lacking even to robbers and tyrants. What is more, no wise men, men trained in things divine and human, believed in him from the beginning, Those who believed in him were brutal men and desert wanderers, utterly ignorant of all divine teaching, through whose numbers Muhammad forced others to become his followers by the violence of his arms. - See more at: http://www.toughquestionsanswered.org/2010/11/22/what-did-thomas-aquinas-have-to-say-about-islam/#sthash.1NVfMBK9.dpuf

Could it be that 'Islam' was basically an heretical sect of Christianity prior to it's eventual development into an entirely separate religion? I mean, it already entailed elements of Nestorianism, Arianism and Manichean Gnosticism as already noted.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/7/2014 10:42:31 AM Bahira the Arian heretical monk  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (33,362)
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

Very interesting, Mykkal. Your post is getting at the heart of what every heresy (Islam could be called a Christian heresy) (I think the writer Hillaire Belloc did) is--a mixture of truth and lies.

People see the truth part of what the heretic teaches and says, hey, that's right! Then when the lies part come in, the human tendency is to say, oh, okay, Mr. Heretic was right about this other thing, Mr. Heretic must be right about this, too.

Examples: Arius taught that Jesus was the chief of the prophets, and that Jesus dies on the cross for our sins. People said, hey, that's right. So when Arius taught that Jesus wasn't really God, they said, hey, he must be right about this, also. (I understand that Arius was a quiet, ascetic, seemingly holy man who seemed to be very spiritual.) (All the hereiarchs [starters of heresies] had some kind of seeming holiness or stage presence or smooth line of talk or other natural charisma that made people follow them.) Or the example of Mohammed--Mohammed preached to polythiests that there was only one God. People said, maybe M. is right about this. So when M. starts saying that God is vengeful, warlike, and that it's okay for God's followers to rape, murder, pillage, and take people into slavery, people said, hmmm, maybe he is right. Or Luther--Luther said that it was wrong for the sellers of indulgences to get rich off the practice, and many (including me) agree, but then Luther said, there is no such thing as an indulgence or Purgatory, then people listened to that lie, because of the earlier truth Luther told.

The devil is clever. If he can't fool people with paganism or polytheism in the face of the preaching of the gospel, he does it by means of heresy--mix a little Jesus talk (good and true) with a little of something Jesus never said, and voila! (nice choice of word there, Mykkal) you have a heresy to seduce people away from the real Jesus with.