Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

apps like tinder just for hookups

The handbook stresses that becoming high value is not a status that s granted early on and males should be strenuously vetted prior to they can be dubbed worthy of dating. ocala personal ads Undoubtedly list your interests and hobbies adequately. Generally swiping everyone, but come across that an app that is virtually exclusively based on images is a rather fruitless per suit for a blind user. fetlife asl search Like you Pianote I m also Black and her opening line was you look like NBA player haha.

mature hookup

The two chattered late into the evening and realized quickly that they had started down the effortless path to enjoy. north vancouver personals Occasionally you are frugal to a fault — I remember you had no bath mat or microwave for a though. Generate a sense of mystery and excitement and give men and women a concrete purpose to get in touch with you. grindr unsupported message The premium solution enables members unlimited messaging, likes, the capacity to see absolutely everyone who likes you and who has viewed your profile, one on 1 talks with a dating professional, and much more.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/8/2014 5:55:49 AM Advice on Goats?  

dances_in_woods
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,632)
Henderson, TX
51, joined Mar. 2011

Hello,
I'm thinking of getting 1-2 goats to help keep brush, weeds & grass in check & for pets.
They would wouldn't be for show or breeding purposes or need to be registered. I would like the kind that do Not have horns, just in case they get caught in a fence or something. Not interested in the real Big goats, what are some good smaller goat breeds that don't have horns? I thought about couple of females but noticed most are alot more expensive, if I got a male I would want it hopefully already 'fixed'.

Will 1 be fine on its own or need a companion? Would like a young one so it will be very gentle & to halter break to lead around & stake out around my pond to help with overgrowth. At night it/they would be in a big pen protected from predators. What are their eating requirements in summer & winter. Are they expensive to keep? I've never had any goats before & want to find out everything I can before I get 1. ...I've always had horses...lol
Also, what are good prices, small breeds that are hardy, good disposition & no horns to deal with? Do they need their hooves trimmed like horses do or naturally wear down?

Thank ya'll for any help & advice. Pics are appreciated too

[Edited 7/8/2014 5:58:48 AM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/8/2014 10:07:10 AM Advice on Goats?  

tileman1814
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,744)
Kalispell, MT
67, joined Nov. 2007

Quote from dances_in_woods:
Hello,
I'm thinking of getting 1-2 goats to help keep brush, weeds & grass in check & for pets.
They would wouldn't be for show or breeding purposes or need to be registered. I would like the kind that do Not have horns, just in case they get caught in a fence or something. Not interested in the real Big goats, what are some good smaller goat breeds that don't have horns? I thought about couple of females but noticed most are alot more expensive, if I got a male I would want it hopefully already 'fixed'.

Will 1 be fine on its own or need a companion? Would like a young one so it will be very gentle & to halter break to lead around & stake out around my pond to help with overgrowth. At night it/they would be in a big pen protected from predators. What are their eating requirements in summer & winter. Are they expensive to keep? I've never had any goats before & want to find out everything I can before I get 1. ...I've always had horses...lol
Also, what are good prices, small breeds that are hardy, good disposition & no horns to deal with? Do they need their hooves trimmed like horses do or naturally wear down?

Thank ya'll for any help & advice. Pics are appreciated too

Maybe it's just me but I think all animals seem to live a healther and happer life when they have a like "friend" to pal around with.
Goats can be a lot of fun but keep in mind they are climbers and love to be up on things usually things that they shouldn't be on like cars fence rails and so on.They will eat almost anything they can get in their mouths.Horns or not they will try their best to butt everything including you if given the chance.

Semper Fi !!!

7/8/2014 12:29:04 PM Advice on Goats?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from tileman1814:
Maybe it's just me but I think all animals seem to live a healther and happer life when they have a like "friend" to pal around with.
Goats can be a lot of fun but keep in mind they are climbers and love to be up on things usually things that they shouldn't be on like cars fence rails and so on.They will eat almost anything they can get in their mouths.Horns or not they will try their best to butt everything including you if given the chance.

Semper Fi !!!

That's why I was thinking of getting a weanling or young one to bond with, surely it wouldn't still try to butt me would it? Lol plus I have a good Border collie that would love to put one in its place if it tried that.

7/8/2014 12:50:42 PM Advice on Goats?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (286,603)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Get a pygmy goat ... those little critters can git-r-done.

7/8/2014 3:42:40 PM Advice on Goats?  

tileman1814
Kalispell, MT
67, joined Nov. 2007

That's why I was thinking of getting a weanling or young one to bond with, surely it wouldn't still try to butt me would it? Lol plus I have a good Border collie that would love to put one in its place if it tried that.

I don't know what it is with goats and sheep.They seem to have this thing for butting and it doesn't seem to go away,even if you get tough with them.Maybe it's a man thing cause the females don't do it.A good Border Collie would get the job done alright.

Semper Fi !!!

7/8/2014 5:27:19 PM Advice on Goats?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Advice on Goats?

What rank?

7/8/2014 8:01:31 PM Advice on Goats?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from tileman1814:
I don't know what it is with goats and sheep.They seem to have this thing for butting and it doesn't seem to go away,even if you get tough with them.Maybe it's a man thing cause the females don't do it.A good Border Collie would get the job done alright.

Semper Fi !!!

Yeah if I got a male it would be one already fixed(wether) I wonder since already fixed & no raging buck hormones if they would still do that? Def want a young one, so I can establish dominance with one so hopefully it won't do all that. Of course my Border Collie is always by my side, I'm sure he'd Love to herd them back to the pen at nite
A neighbor down the road always calls me when he's going to sell some of his cows off & needs them worked to get in the trailer, my BC is all too happy to comply...they had some trouble getting a big black angus bull in a big trailer...my BC got him loaded tho... & has a instant 'off' switch when I tell him.

Some people say they don't need their hooves trimmed, but I've read on some goat websites that they need it 2x a year. Any other advice on pygmy? was reading there are different breeds of pygmy...

7/10/2014 10:12:16 AM Advice on Goats?  

tileman1814
Kalispell, MT
67, joined Nov. 2007

Yeah if I got a male it would be one already fixed(wether) I wonder since already fixed & no raging buck hormones if they would still do that? Def want a young one, so I can establish dominance with one so hopefully it won't do all that. Of course my Border Collie is always by my side, I'm sure he'd Love to herd them back to the pen at nite
A neighbor down the road always calls me when he's going to sell some of his cows off & needs them worked to get in the trailer, my BC is all too happy to comply...they had some trouble getting a big black angus bull in a big trailer...my BC got him loaded tho... & has a instant 'off' switch when I tell him.

Some people say they don't need their hooves trimmed, but I've read on some goat websites that they need it 2x a year. Any other advice on pygmy? was reading there are different breeds of pygmy...

I don't know if it would make any difference.I know with other animals (Cattle) it doesn't,they will still butt heads.A young one would be better but I still think they will stick with centeries old traits.
Border Collies are great dogs and the best of friends.They love to work and with basic training can become champions at games.As ranch working dogs and a close friend you have the best of both worlds.
I don't know much about pygmy goats other than they are prized pets.Here is a site to check out.

http://www.npga-pygmy.com/

Semper Fi !!!

7/10/2014 6:57:02 PM Advice on Goats?  
agooddaddy10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,362)
Liberty, KY
53, joined Aug. 2010

I've had most breeds of goats and sheep and the only goat I'd do again are Angoras. Sheep are generally easier keepers, the hair breeds are hardier and lower maintenance.
If you just HAVE to have mini-sized goats, find Nigerian Dwarfs, they have higher market value and are a bit less prone to escape which reduces coyote predation.
You'll need perfect fences with any goat breeds.

7/11/2014 4:02:36 AM Advice on Goats?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
51, joined Mar. 2011

Yes I would like a mini goat, take up less room, lil easier to handle, won't have to feed as much as big goats. I was thinking pygmy or the Nigerian minis or nigerian/pygmy crosses are cute. They would not be for breeding, milk or meat. Just pets to halter break & help keep brush & grass down at my pond and couple other areas. Getting young so they would bond with me & therefore easy to handle.

What are some reasonable prices for non registered mini's? Also, do you need to get their hooves trimmed like horses do? Some owners say no...then I read an article online that said trim 2x a year.

Was looking on Craig's list and I haven't seen a sheep yet & the goats are over an hour away from me. Like to find someone closeby, I might check the feedstores & see if they might know anyone. With sheep, don't you need to have them clipped?

[Edited 7/11/2014 4:04:27 AM ]

7/11/2014 10:20:18 AM Advice on Goats?  

tileman1814
Kalispell, MT
67, joined Nov. 2007

Here is a site that has pygmy goats in Tx.

If you type Pygmy goats into your brouser you will find a ton of stuff.

http://texaspygmy.com/

Semper Fi !!!

7/11/2014 2:34:05 PM Advice on Goats?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from tileman1814:
Here is a site that has pygmy goats in Tx.

If you type Pygmy goats into your brouser you will find a ton of stuff.

http://texaspygmy.com/

Semper Fi !!!

Checked out the site...they had some cute ones however they are a 6hr drive away from me. Lil pricey for unregistered stock. Guess I'll keep looking, in no hurry just want to find what I'm looking for & close driving distance.

Anyone know the differences between nigerian & pygmy? I know both are small but that's all I know.

7/11/2014 6:44:16 PM Advice on Goats?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Google can be your friend.

7/12/2014 3:13:21 AM Advice on Goats?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from cupocheer:
Google can be your friend.

Yeah that's what I've been doing, but sometimes get a lot of conflicting info. Still don't know for sure on the hoof trimming thing either, some sites say yes while some owners say no

[Edited 7/12/2014 3:14:55 AM ]

7/12/2014 4:36:29 PM Advice on Goats?  

tileman1814
Kalispell, MT
67, joined Nov. 2007

Frequency of hoof trimming will depend on how you keep them and also the weather. If they are outdoors where it is dry and rocky you will trim less than if you keep them indoors on bedding. A general rule is every 8 weeks. Pay close attention to hooves if you live in a wet climate and the goats have contact with wet ground a lot. Always check for hoof rot etc when trimming.A pile of large rocks would be helpful too.

Semper Fi !!!

7/12/2014 8:59:50 PM Advice on Goats?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

goat hooves grow about as fast as horses hooves ... if they start to curl you have waited to long to trim them .... rasping them is not a time consuming nor difficult process

7/13/2014 8:17:21 PM Advice on Goats?  
gingerchic88
Mc Bain, MI
46, joined Jan. 2014

Goats are a herd animal....u really need 2 cuz they don't do we'll alone. I've had pygmies for years. I've had my boys fixed and mostly all of mine dehorned at a very young age. Mine are so tame I let them out of there pen and they hang right with me in the yard. If u get babies bottled feed them and they will be very tame

7/15/2014 2:28:06 PM Advice on Goats?  

dances_in_woods
Henderson, TX
51, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from gingerchic88:
Goats are a herd animal....u really need 2 cuz they don't do we'll alone. I've had pygmies for years. I've had my boys fixed and mostly all of mine dehorned at a very young age. Mine are so tame I let them out of there pen and they hang right with me in the yard. If u get babies bottled feed them and they will be very tame

Yes, I def want 2...but no more. I read on sites if just 1 they will bleat constantly for a companion. It seems the females are alot higher price...I'd be happy with 2 wethers...young to bond with, don't know if I'd have the time for bottle feeding but prob just weaned would be fine tho. Definately de-budded, don't want any horns to possibly get tangled in a fence or some unlikely place.

Good advice so far I enjoy reading all the help before I get any lil ones.

ps...how much do young wethers usually cost? not interested in papers on them just as long as pygmy or pygmy/nigerian dwarf cross. Just good pets for mowing grass & brush

7/25/2014 7:46:22 AM Advice on Goats?  
gingerchic88
Mc Bain, MI
46, joined Jan. 2014

I have no idea these days...my boys are 5 yrs old and are outta my females .....try Craig's list maybe??