Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames hookups

The number of dating app users in the was anticipated to reach 26. best online dating sites in michigan A lot of Fish performs by asking users to take a unique POF Relationship Chemistry Predictor test, which measures self confidence, family orientation, self manage, social dependency and easygoingness. Bumble also has a BFF function to aid you meet new people today, but that s genuinely not our focus, so I will save it for another time. listcrawler college station We know who you meet and invest your time devoid of is important.

okc hookups

Megan and Ahmed exchanged their vows and rings, but due to a COVID associated closure of the US embassy, they had been unable to make it legally official. hook up sites vancouver bc This is abroad topic, but it also gives you area to choose how far you want to go with these inquiries. Now, let s be genuine, this individual is likely talking to at least 5 other folks on the same dating app. free bbw snapchat Our dating chat room has so much to present, it makes it possible for people today to obtain correct appreciate without the need of taking a lot of time or registering in websites of dating to make profiles.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/29/2015 5:49:07 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  
kingslayer99
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,754)
Arlington, TN
50, joined Oct. 2014

Quote from evil_laughter:
I think this looks rediculous and totally defeats the purpose of having a truck. A some point, I don't think we should be able to call them trucks anymore. These are more like the transgenders of the automobile world.

Vehicles having an identity crisis!

Jmo and it ain't worth much.

Transgenderes of the automobile world or red neck race cars?

[Edited 1/29/2015 5:50:38 AM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/29/2015 6:36:45 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

markjetson
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,723)
Albuquerque, NM
59, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from markjetson:
Then if it was a 400 it's basically a bored 69' 350 sm block, which is still a good engine with good hp. and torque, but it could have very well been a 402 (a big block bored 396). Those engines were available around then and like I said put out a goodly amount of power. That era was the hayday for engines. I don't k,now that much about Chevys-I was always a Pontiac man, I had a couple of GTOs and a 73TA. I had a need the need for speed.
After I re-read my post, I wanted to clarify, so let me start over. Chevy was putting a 396 in there 69' trucks, it had a 4.094 bore. In 1970 they over bored the 396, .030, to 4.125 and got 402cubic inch's, when they put that engine, into a Chevelle or Monte Carlo in 1970, they still called it and badged it a "396". When they put that same, big block "402" into their Trucks and most of their 1970 trucks had the big block "402," they badged it a "400." That engine in 1970, either the L34 version that was making 350hp at 5200rpm with 415ft-lbs of torque and a, 10.25 compression ratio or the higher compression 11-1, L78 variant, were bada$S, for a truck engine. I'll bet the old man had one of these.

1/29/2015 8:48:31 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,466)
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

I saw the same badge note on the 396 and 402, I'm sure I was wrong on thinking it was a sbc.

I refuse to own another Ford product.

1/29/2015 8:52:08 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

I did help my friend put a cam in his 68 mustang, because I talked him into it.

1/29/2015 9:38:19 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from inventtis2:
I saw the same badge note on the 396 and 402, I'm sure I was wrong on thinking it was a sbc.

I refuse to own another Ford product.

the reason why people dislike fords so much is that you have to actually be a GOOD mechanic,and actually know what you are doing,and understand HOW,and WHY everything works to work on a ford,because they were built,and designed right,but to work on a chevrolet,you dont have to be as good of a mechanic,cuz the people who designed them werent really good mechanics to start with,so it dosnt really matter if you do a good job,or not,cuz no matter what you do,you are not going to make it run any better,so all of the people who are just 'parts changers' are able to work on chevrolets,and pretend that they are actually mechanics.

thats why you can take just about ANY part,off of ANY G.M. vehicle,and MAKE IT work on your car[cuz,it doesnt really matter that much],but,on a ford,you have to have THE RIGHT part,or else it wont run right,and all of the 'parts changers' who try to work on a ford,like it was a chevrolet,cant figure out why they cant make it run right,and then blame the car.

with a ford,it is easy to tell who is just a parts changer,and who is an actual mechanic!

1/29/2015 9:53:13 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

osoroho
Over 2,000 Posts (3,824)
Mesquite, TX
64, joined Jun. 2007

Does any one know of a real good Pontiac motor man? I bought a 64 model 421 to put in my 64 catalina yesterday I want to add a little more HP to it

1/29/2015 11:31:29 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

I'm an engineer that makes parts for Ford and work with Ford engineers. I know more than you think.

1/29/2015 11:54:07 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

dixie_dancer
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,850)
Kansas City, KS
26, joined Feb. 2013
online now!

I've owned equal fords and GM products. GM is easier to work on, but I've had to do less work to my GM vehicles than I've ever had to do to the fords. And I've got twice as many cumulative miles on the GMs.

Riddle me this.

1/29/2015 12:11:39 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from dixie_dancer:
I've owned equal fords and GM products. GM is easier to work on, but I've had to do less work to my GM vehicles than I've ever had to do to the fords. And I've got twice as many cumulative miles on the GMs.

Riddle me this.

lol
its no riddle!...
you yourself said that GM is easier for you to work on,so that means that you just dont know how to work on a ford,and havent done the job right,so it is no wonder that the fords did not last as long,or perform as well for you,because they were not put together properly,with the correct parts.

like i said...GM is more popular,because people who are only parts changers can work on them and make them work,but you have to be a good mechanic,and understand how everything works to work on a ford,if you want it to operate up to its full potential.

otherwise,how come everybody is finding out years later,that too make a G.M. run better,you have to take parts off of OTHER motors to put on them,cuz they dont run as well if you put them together the way they were originally designed by the G.M. engineers?

1/29/2015 1:02:36 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

dixie_dancer
Kansas City, KS
26, joined Feb. 2013
online now!

To remove the door panel to access a window motor or regulator, comparing a Chevy to a ford, there are more steps to removing a ford panel. More bolts. And more clips.

1/29/2015 1:36:45 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

so,you are complaning that they are put together more solidly than a chevy? lol

i am not going to argue that one with you...some of the stuff IS harder to work on,but,when you are not having to work on it,it makes up for it,because it is more solid.
once you have done them a few times,though,and learn the tricks,they are not really that bad,though.

if you want to see WELL BUILT!,though,you need to work on some german stuff!!!
they are the ones who actually invented the automobile,and they are LIGHT YEARS ahead of us in the engineering department!

but,they are designed to run on roads that dont have speed limits in a lot of places,too,though,so they HAVE TO be better built!!
thats why the average german built mercedes weighs about 8,000lbs,and an american car only weighs half of that.

1/29/2015 1:58:37 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

GM products are easier to work on, because they are better engineered.

Time to change a PCV valve on a GM product is minutes compared to a day for a FORD.

1/29/2015 4:07:52 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from inventtis2:

Time to change a PCV valve on a GM product is minutes compared to a day for a FORD.

not if you know what you are doing.
you can whine about how hard stuff is to work on all you want,but that says more about your mechanical skills,than it does for the vehicles engineering.
[all day to change a PCV valve... 'o' ]

1/29/2015 4:17:06 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from inventtis2:

THAT is what i am talking about when i say that people who are just parts changers,and not mechanics just dont have the skills,or the knowledge to work on a ford,and do the job correctly!
[and,then talk bad about the vehicle they cant work on,instead of the 'mechanic'[] who couldnt work on the vehicle!!]

a ford mechanic can work on ANYTHING,though!!!
[and,doesnt have to whine about how 'its too hard for me to work on'!!]

1/29/2015 4:41:07 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

dixie_dancer
Kansas City, KS
26, joined Feb. 2013
online now!

None of us said it's TOO hard to work on.

We simply said comparable jobs are more labor intensive on fords. And it has nothing to do with 'better' engineering. It has everything to do with ford engineering their products to A. Cost the customer more to repair and B. Be something 'regular' mechanics won't touch so it has to go back to the dealership, costing the customer more to repair.

Have you ever asked Ford certified techs their opinion on ford? They too would rather work on a Chevy. Less steps to do a repair means less chance for a plastic clip to break or a rusted bolt to snap off.

1/29/2015 4:59:31 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

hurryme
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,286)
Bloomingdale, GA
50, joined Mar. 2011
online now!

Very interesting read here. I started from page one. I have always been a motorcycle guy myself and have found that it's not what you got but how you drive it. I was at a party once and this guy showed up on his bike bragging and bragging. I told him he wasn't shit. It WAS ON! We went to that road less travelled and I beat him in a drag. Then I told him let's trade bikes and do it again, I beat him again....good times.

1/29/2015 5:34:56 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from dixie_dancer:
None of us said it's TOO hard to work on.

We simply said comparable jobs are more labor intensive on fords. And it has nothing to do with 'better' engineering. It has everything to do with ford engineering their products to A. Cost the customer more to repair and B. Be something 'regular' mechanics won't touch so it has to go back to the dealership, costing the customer more to repair.

Have you ever asked Ford certified techs their opinion on ford? They too would rather work on a Chevy. Less steps to do a repair means less chance for a plastic clip to break or a rusted bolt to snap off.

yes,inventis DID say it was too hard for him to work on,cuz it takes him all day to change a PCV valve.
it is only too hard for him cuz he doesnt know what he is doing,though! [parts changers!]

and,as far as your argument that 'ford mechanics prefer chevrolets',that is a pile of crap,and you know it,or,have you personally gone around and talked to EVERY ford mechanic in the country???
nope[and i can prove THAT!!! lol ],and a generalization like that means that it is something that you just pulled out of your ass[like the rest of your arguments],cuz you dont have any FACTS to use in this discussion,just your own OPINIONS.

but,as far as "have I ever talked to one?"...
you are talking to one right now,cuz i worked for FORD as a SERVICE TECH[not a PARTS CHANGER!!] for almost 15 years,and,as you can tell,i am a ford man,so your argument doesnt have a leg to stand on,sweetie!!!

it is all a matter of personal preference...
some people prefer chevys..
some people prefer fords...
some people even prefer dodges. '~'
but,you just lost this argument,and all of your credibility, when you started pulling facts out of your ass,cuz now nobody can believe ANYTHING that you say,cuz you have just demonstrated that you are willing to lie off your a** to try to prove your point!
[makes me wonder what else you are lying about!!!]

but,it proves my point very well....people who are only capable of beng PARTS CHANGERS,and do not understand how things work are simply NOT QUALIFIED to work on a FORD,and THAT is the reason they dont like them.

and,now,i doubt that you are even qualified to be in this conversation!!!

1/29/2015 7:41:12 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

The pcv valve on my Mercury Sable was buried in between the V of the block, you had to take the top half of the engine off to get to it. Remove the intake, remove the fuel supply line from the injectors, remove the wiring harness, remove the intake manifold lower extension, wish you had the special tool that it takes to take it out, find another way to get it out, curse the designers, put the new pcv valve in. Put it all back together again, swear to never own a Ford product again.

It didn't take me all day, probably 4 hours though.

On my GM 350, it was in the top of the valve cover with nothing in the way to it, it took seconds to change.

1/29/2015 7:47:02 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

dixie_dancer
Kansas City, KS
26, joined Feb. 2013
online now!

Oh bejesus.

I think you should know I HAVE worked at a ford dealership. I HAVE talked to ford mechanics (I never said ALL ... Stop putting words in my mouth). And in fact I do have certifications thru Ford. SO. Your damn attitude discredits YOU. So damn quick to TRY to cut someone down at the knees, yet you haven't even found out all the facts.

1/29/2015 7:48:56 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

Ford gives us maximum stress limits that are allowed in a FEA on their parts, yet they want us to make parts that do not meet their own requirements. The stresses we are seeing in FEA indicate that the part is bad and will fail. They refuse to let us redesign the part to make it good.

Now do you want to buy a Ford knowing that it has bad parts on it?

The FEA and real results are not the same, but it is messed up.

[Edited 1/29/2015 7:50:45 PM ]

1/29/2015 9:17:06 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from dixie_dancer:
Oh bejesus.

I think you should know I HAVE worked at a ford dealership. I HAVE talked to ford mechanics (I never said ALL ... Stop putting words in my mouth). And in fact I do have certifications thru Ford. SO. Your damn attitude discredits YOU. So damn quick to TRY to cut someone down at the knees, yet you haven't even found out all the facts.

i already have your number...
you own an old [simple]chevy truck that is always breaking down,and you have had to work on it,and have changed a few parts like a water pump,and changed a few spark plugs,so you think that you are "a mechanic",and know everything about chevrolets,and are a 'chevy girl',cuz thats what your boyfriend used to talk about...

but,as you have already proven,nobody can believe a damn thing that you say,though,so....

1/29/2015 9:23:02 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from inventtis2:
The pcv valve on my Mercury Sable was buried in between the V of the block, you had to take the top half of the engine off to get to it. Remove the intake, remove the fuel supply line from the injectors, remove the wiring harness, remove the intake manifold lower extension, wish you had the special tool that it takes to take it out, find another way to get it out, curse the designers, put the new pcv valve in. Put it all back together again, swear to never own a Ford product again.

On my GM 350, it was in the top of the valve cover with nothing in the way to it, it took seconds to change.

no...you didnt HAVE TO do it that way....
thats just the way YOU chose to do it!

so...DONT ever buy another ford again...
they will survive!

but,if you do...,take it to a MECHANIC if you need something done to it,not a parts changer.

1/29/2015 9:23:46 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

dixie_dancer
Kansas City, KS
26, joined Feb. 2013
online now!

Quote from kraven_morehed:
i already have your number...
you own an old [simple]chevy truck that is always breaking down,and you have had to work on it,and have changed a few parts like a water pump,and changed a few spark plugs,so you think that you are "a mechanic",and know everything about chevrolets,and are a 'chevy girl',cuz thats what your boyfriend used to talk about...

but,as you have already proven,nobody can believe a damn thing that you say,though,so....

Again. You prove how LITTLE you know about me. But please. Keep talking out your ass.

1/29/2015 9:34:27 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from inventtis2:

here is a link to a video that will show you how to change that pcv valve on a mercury sable engine in 5 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhNtEfx0UOA

[no special tools required!]

enjoy!!

[parts changers.]

[Edited 1/29/2015 9:37:09 PM ]

1/29/2015 11:10:36 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  
joe0751
Over 1,000 Posts (1,707)
Towson, MD
71, joined Oct. 2009

1/30/2015 6:04:08 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

Quote from kraven_morehed:
here is a link to a video that will show you how to change that pcv valve on a mercury sable engine in 5 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhNtEfx0UOA

[no special tools required!]

enjoy!!

[parts changers.]

Wrong engine retard, I have the dohc 3.0.

Here are some instructions that I found.

"1. Disconnect battery cables (negative first).

2. Disconnect MAF Sensor connector.

3. Remove air filter.

4. Disconnect hoses (3) going to air intake.

5. Remove air intake.

6. Remove throttle cover (2 Christmas tree pins).

7. Remove both 8 mm bolts securing throttle bracket to throttle body.

8. Remove throttle spring.

9. Unhook electrical wire bundle from throttle body stud.

10. Remove Emission Separator “L” from throttle body.

11. Remove Emission Separator tube from PCV Valve.

12. Here's the trick: Remove PCV Valve, using a 7/8” deep socket and a 12” extension bar, by rotating it 180 degrees counter-clockwise.

13. Install new PCV Valve (Motorcraft EV-243), by rotating it 180 degrees clockwise to fully seat it, after coating O-ring with clean engine oil.

14. Attach new Emission Separator (Motorcraft KCV-116) and button everything up.

The local Ford dealer wanted $350 to replace the PCV Valve—3 hours of labor to remove the upper intake manifold, fuel rail, and lower intake manifold, plus parts. Many people do it that way. This is a much simpler, faster (1 hour), and cheaper procedure (no need to replace UIM/LIM gaskets). I know the above procedure works, since I have used it. Changing the PCV Valve becomes a big deal on Duratec engines, since it's located under the fuel injection system--deep inside the "V" of the engine. Access is further obstructed by a radiator hose and a large square-wire bundle.

Only use Motorcraft EV-243 or AutoZone's PCV1001 PCV valves, since none of the others listed online with various auto parts stores will work. Likewise, only use the Motorcraft KCV-116 Emission Separator. Don't make the mistake and buy the Motorcraft KCV-117 Emission Separator, even though the Motorcraft online catalog lists it as the correct one--it clearly won't work. Bottom Line: Buy the parts first, in order to gain insight on how everything works."

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-trucks/how-change-pcv-valve-2000-ford-taurus-3-0-l-duratec-engine-280959.html

1/30/2015 6:08:43 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

markjetson
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,723)
Albuquerque, NM
59, joined Jan. 2013

You know what you find on the last page of a Ford Mustang owners manual?......a bus pass.

1/30/2015 6:44:32 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

vagmasterflash
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Durand, WI
49, joined Nov. 2014
online now!

I've built a few sleepers. All makes, and models. I totalled out my 2001 dodge ram long box standard cab pickup new years eve hitting a 170 pound deer at 60. I started buying parts as I await the insurance check. I put a $5200 aluminum 340 Nascar block from Kansas City dodge in it with aluminum 5.2 6 bolt heads. It's cross port fuel injected, and is getting 20 mpg, and detuned to 480 horse. I decided to make it my current sleeper truck/ work truck. I have some great freinds already volunteering to help with the rebuild. It sounds nice now, but I'm having dual cat backs put on, and maybe a hydrogen assist fuel cell (one of my own). And a few more secrets built in for modern driving. It's paid for, it looks nice, and after bodywork, and minimal massage...it should be pretty cool.

1/30/2015 7:01:45 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

Gardenguy68
Wake Forest, NC
59, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from dixie_dancer:
<---

Has:

61 GMC
67 Chevy
68 Chevy
78 Chevy
85 Chevy

Amongst other things.

I'm the biggest fan of 61-66

Very Nice Stable Of Horsepower Ms dixie ... Hate that I sold my 'Bubble-Top'
409-409 Impala. But it when to a good home......

1/30/2015 7:11:38 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

Quote from vagmasterflash:
I've built a few sleepers. All makes, and models. I totalled out my 2001 dodge ram long box standard cab pickup new years eve hitting a 170 pound deer at 60. I started buying parts as I await the insurance check. I put a $5200 aluminum 340 Nascar block from Kansas City dodge in it with aluminum 5.2 6 bolt heads. It's cross port fuel injected, and is getting 20 mpg, and detuned to 480 horse. I decided to make it my current sleeper truck/ work truck. I have some great freinds already volunteering to help with the rebuild. It sounds nice now, but I'm having dual cat backs put on, and maybe a hydrogen assist fuel cell (one of my own). And a few more secrets built in for modern driving. It's paid for, it looks nice, and after bodywork, and minimal massage...it should be pretty cool.

Does that thing want to go fast and turn left now?

1/30/2015 7:20:01 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

Gardenguy68
Wake Forest, NC
59, joined Dec. 2014

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Has The Titles To:

2014 Z-28. 18 miles on the clock.
2001 Dale Earnhardt 'Intimidator' Camaro. 298 miles on the clock.
1966 El Camino. 88K miles on the clock.

Photos on my profile.

1/30/2015 7:21:24 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

vagmasterflash
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Durand, WI
49, joined Nov. 2014
online now!

I have nothing against any brand make. I've worked on them all. I've built some nice strategic sleepers. Like a mint 81 formula firebird...with a W series over built olds 455 with roller rockers, timing gears, and all the bells, and whistles. It did 10s with alot of smoke, and...the police hated it. Freinds called it "big bird" because of its bright yellow paint. I called it "speeding ticket" because my girlfreind got some doozies in it. I love building budget sleepers. Big bird was cool, but not as cool as this sick a** budget sleeper truck I built back in 05....the banshee......

1/30/2015 7:40:59 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

kraven_morehed
Over 2,000 Posts (2,736)
Greenwood, LA
46, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from inventtis2:
Wrong engine retard, I have the dohc 3.0.

Here are some instructions that I found.

"1. Disconnect battery cables (negative first).

2. Disconnect MAF Sensor connector.

3. Remove air filter.

4. Disconnect hoses (3) going to air intake.

5. Remove air intake.

6. Remove throttle cover (2 Christmas tree pins).

7. Remove both 8 mm bolts securing throttle bracket to throttle body.

8. Remove throttle spring.

9. Unhook electrical wire bundle from throttle body stud.

10. Remove Emission Separator “L” from throttle body.

11. Remove Emission Separator tube from PCV Valve.

12. Here's the trick: Remove PCV Valve, using a 7/8” deep socket and a 12” extension bar, by rotating it 180 degrees counter-clockwise.

13. Install new PCV Valve (Motorcraft EV-243), by rotating it 180 degrees clockwise to fully seat it, after coating O-ring with clean engine oil.

14. Attach new Emission Separator (Motorcraft KCV-116) and button everything up.

The local Ford dealer wanted $350 to replace the PCV Valve—3 hours of labor to remove the upper intake manifold, fuel rail, and lower intake manifold, plus parts. Many people do it that way. This is a much simpler, faster (1 hour), and cheaper procedure (no need to replace UIM/LIM gaskets). I know the above procedure works, since I have used it. Changing the PCV Valve becomes a big deal on Duratec engines, since it's located under the fuel injection system--deep inside the "V" of the engine. Access is further obstructed by a radiator hose and a large square-wire bundle.

Only use Motorcraft EV-243 or AutoZone's PCV1001 PCV valves, since none of the others listed online with various auto parts stores will work. Likewise, only use the Motorcraft KCV-116 Emission Separator. Don't make the mistake and buy the Motorcraft KCV-117 Emission Separator, even though the Motorcraft online catalog lists it as the correct one--it clearly won't work. Bottom Line: Buy the parts first, in order to gain insight on how everything works."

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-trucks/how-change-pcv-valve-2000-ford-taurus-3-0-l-duratec-engine-280959.html

thats still a far cry from the way you claim you had to do to change it!

there are so many things wrong with the way that you claim that you did it that i dont know where to begin,so i wont even try to,cuz i know that it would be beyond your limited understanding.[especially,when you consider something like a 7/8 socket "a specialty tool"]

changing that pcv valve does not take that long,and is only a big deal if you do not possess any mechanical skills,and you clearly fall into that category.

you are still just a 'parts changer' at best,and not a machanic,and you are simply just NOT QUALIFIED to work on a ford,and are clearly out of your league,so i suggest that you stick with chevys,so you wont have to cry yourself to sleep at night.

[Edited 1/30/2015 7:43:26 AM ]

1/30/2015 7:41:31 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

vagmasterflash
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Durand, WI
49, joined Nov. 2014
online now!

.....I was at a freinds scrap yard in 05. He had a mint 86 dodge dakota standard cab short box 4 cylinder, 5 speed with no power steering with no motor, or tranny for $600. I bought it. Mint mini little red dakota. At the same time...the fast, and furious craze was coming about. Every Asian in minneapolis/ st paul was buying 4 banger hondas, and souping them up....and then running them at rock falls dragstrip, writing their times in wax on their windows, and then sit in a parking lot looking cool. Also at the same time a freind of mine was closing his speed shop in madison. Someone had a Shelby 2.2 turbo nos 4 cylinder dodge GLH motor built up, and never came, and got it. 375 horse screamer race motor. Some horse trading, and $200 cash, 14 bolts, and I had a mint red 86 dodge dakota with a sick turbo nos built to extremes Shelby 2.2 4 cylinder, 5 speed. The banshee was born. It weighed 2200 pounds. Those Honda kids never seen it coming, and never had a chance. It was....just plain wrong.

1/30/2015 7:47:14 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

whalemstrsback
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,102)
Corning, CA
57, joined Oct. 2014

That's the type of thing I want to do with my '67 - 5 window A100 pickup!

My van just needs a few more things done to it and it will be a 13 second 1/4 miler too!

1/30/2015 9:39:50 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

vagmasterflash
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Durand, WI
49, joined Nov. 2014
online now!

The banshee was fun. The first thing we did with it is....wreck it. Gotta try out your new toys. So we beat on it, and raced it, and drove it hard to see how it handled. It did not handle like a dodge GLHS. But...it did launch....hard. and unbeknownst to us...it...did...wheelies. No. Not tires 6 inches off the ground. With a 112 inch wheelbase, 2200 pounds, and 375 horse...it caught traction in a second gear burnout, and when I hit the nitrious...it put the headlights straight at the sky, and dragged the rear bumper down the street in a hail of sparks. And newton was absolutely correct with his theory of gravity. What goes up, must come down. Unfortunately in some cases...what comes down either hurts really badly, or crashes down really hard, or in our case...both. We survived the crash without seatbelts much better than the banshee. It put both front tires, and wheels through the inner, and outer fenders. Both coilovers, and struts destroyed, bent the steering idler arm, and wrecked the front bumper. The drop shield protected the race oil pan on the motor. And one blown tire, and bent rim. And....Ruined underwear. My buddy said it was all inexpensive parts to replace, and now we knew what we had...we could build it better. So we did. Competition coilovers, and heavier struts, new idler arm, new certifit front fenders, and bumper. New Recaro buckets with crash lap/ groin/ shoulders crash belts. New heavier kremer truck leaf springs, and shocks in back with a torsion bar. Heavier springs, and pressure plates in the clutch pack. And a new race driveline, and heavier u joints. 4 new steel dodge wheels, and Michelin midrange ats tires, and a set of full moon Bonneville hubcaps.....and the banshee was now....really bad, really scary, and really tough. My freinds named the little red dakota "the banshee" because of the scream it gave out at full load. A fully loaded Shelby 2.2 turbo when you hit the nitrious sounds like a one liter sport bike motorcycle you cannot stand the sound of racing through your neighborhood. A banshee scream. Topped out at 7200 rpms according to the jumbo sun tach mounted to the dashboard. It was....evil. With the little red dakota fixed, and knowing it's limitations...it was time to show the Honda kids how really weak their noisy little cars were. And we did. And....they were mad.

1/30/2015 9:43:12 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

I always thought hot rodding a Honda was stupid.

1/30/2015 10:04:51 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

vagmasterflash
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Durand, WI
49, joined Nov. 2014
online now!

We were pretty proud of the banshee. It was the perfect sleeper truck. Absolutely nothing fancy on the outside, and no chrome. No one would expect a little dodge short box dakota to eat them alive. Shit....grandma's Buick Century full of fat girls could beat that! NOT. Smoked all my freinds rides. One freind with a 67 LS6 bigblock Chevelle wasn't too happy. But I tossed him the keys, he went out for a deathride, and came back screaming "IT DRIVES LIKE A GO KART ON STEROIDS"!!! We just laughed. We made some money dragging it at red rock. The only trouble I got into with it was in Ono wisconsin. It had a 3.73 rear end in it. So it wouldn't go 135 mph. But...it would get there...really fast. Also...the tall gears made it do the crazy wheelies. I went through ono....really fast. A buck twenty in a 45. I told the officer my little 4 cylinder dodge dakota wouldn't go that fast. Then...he made me open the hood. Oops. Game over. Ticket. Mandatory court appearance. Ouch. Lost some of that money I won with it to Johnny law. Yikes.

1/30/2015 11:17:37 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

nicoli7
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,625)
Louisville, KY
31, joined Jul. 2014

Big Blocks....

1/30/2015 11:17:44 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

vagmasterflash
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Durand, WI
49, joined Nov. 2014
online now!

I drove the banshee around for 2 years. No power steering, and a 5 speed got old. We honked tail dragging wheelies where, and when we could get away with it. It got great mileage when driven normally. The best wheelie I ever did with it was at the 06 street rod nationals...on the street. My freind brian who helped me immensely with the whole banshee project, and has been a freind since we were little kids talked me into the crime. We were just gonna take his 55 ford with a nicely milled fordson v-8 up, and drive around. He egged me on, and dared me to do a wheelie on university avenue. Told me all my little Asian freinds would be there posing, and posturing in their hondas. I laughed, and said..."let's get im". On the way up we discussed strategy. Because I really didn't feel like walking home, and the banshee impounded, and being arrested. Cops everywhere. And the banshee already with a bad rap in street racing, and general terrorizing. So we came up with an unbelievable game plan for our crime. We went up, and bought a fresh bottle of nitrous oxide. Checked out the 50 quickshot, made sure everything worked, and bought some premium for the tank, and hid the banshee. We parked it in the U of M parking ramp, and took off the plates. Then we walked down to the street rod nationals, and hid among the crowd, and checked out cars, and had fun....all the while discussing our strategy. If you've ever been to a street rod national...it's cool. But late in the day...people misbehave...or try to. Taching out engines, and making noise, street racing, light to light, and burnouts. Cops know this, and shut it down now before it gets outta hand. They start barricades streets down, and arresting, and impounding. So while this is happening...brian, and I are sitting on the street talking. I told brian I need a diversion, and lots of room. He asked what I meant. I explained traffic on university is bumper to bumper, and I have no room to pop a wheelstand. And...I can't see in front of me when I'm going down the road pointing my head lites in the air. Completely blind, and dangerous. Brian said...how about a Chinese fire drill at a light. I laughed, and said two 40 year old guys doing a Chinese fire drill at a light would get us laughed outta town. Brian said...how about fake stall at a light and fake a mechanical problem, get out, open the hood, look around, close the hood, get in, and belt up, and by then traffic ahead of us should clear for a block or two by the time the light changes. I said we could try that. Brian said he would watch for cops, and stick his head out the window during the wheelie so we could see. Hmmmm. Sounds ok. I told brian we most likely would only get one chance at a holeshot. Let's do it. As the police barricaded the street aiming all traffic in one direction, brian, and I walked up to the parking ramp, and jumped into the banshee and eased into traffic. We got to the light. It turned green, and I fake stalled it, I opened the hood, we jumped out, looked at everything while the light turned green again, and traffic cleared for 2 blocks, and everyone started laughing, and honking behind us. We jumped in, strapped up with Brian yelling NO COPS! DO IT! I tached that motor out in 2nd gear with the Rev limited chattering, and engine screaming, and all heads turning. When that light turned green...I dropped the clutch, and a fraction of a second later hit the nos, and we were airborne...dragged the bumper one city block with sparks everywhere, and cameras flashing, and banshee screaming. And a perfect 10 point landing. We casually pulled into a mall parking lot, got out, and tried to walk into the crowd. That didn't happen. People who witnessed the crime mobbed my truck, and forced me to open the hood. I did. We made alot of freinds, and one enemy. A guy with a bad a** celica with turbo, and nos, and alot of money into his ride. I took him for 500 light to light. Gave brian 250. The guy pestered me for a second race all night just shaking mad I smoked him. Other highlights were the Asian Honda crew with their rock falls quarter mile times on their windows. One guy had a 14.70 on his window. Brian told him "you did 14.70, and you advertise that? Dude, my grandma's coronet can do that". Ha ha ha!

1/30/2015 11:43:36 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

vagmasterflash
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Durand, WI
49, joined Nov. 2014
online now!

I had exactly $2300 into the banshee dakota. Sold it to a coworker that's still driving it around for $6000. It was one of the most fun vehicles I ever owned...including my v-12 vantage.

1/30/2015 3:53:27 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

Sounds like fun.

1/30/2015 5:45:01 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

My buddy's Uncle used to have a 1 ton 78'ish 4x4 dually Chevrolet with a built 454 in it and a cap on the back, kind of like the Farm Truck. I have to admit it was damn funny seeing him light all 4 rear tires up and slide that thing sideways, but he loved smoking stock mustangs and camaros in it, they never saw it coming.

1/30/2015 9:56:48 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  
kingslayer99
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,754)
Arlington, TN
50, joined Oct. 2014

from inventtis2: "I always thought hot rodding a Honda was stupid."

Well honestly for what you are going to spend putting a big block V8 in a pick up truck? I rather enjoyed making mustangs and other domestics look stupid in my 225 hp civic!

Crate engine for that car and it was an easy swap out 2,500 bucks and nothing could touch it! I sold it to some kid I kept getting tickets in it. You may want to look into it find a used Acura Integra with no engine and you can have your choice of engines as far as your pocket book will allow:

Sources: Popular versions include the B16A, B16A2, B16A3, B16B, B17A1, B18C, B18C1 and B18C5. Engine codes not concluded with a numeral are sourced from Japanese-only (JDM) chassis. The rest can be found in North American-spec vehicles. B16A engines are native to most 1987-2000 Japanese-spec Si, Si-II, SiR and SiR-II-badged Civic and CRX chassis. Similar 1.6L engines can be found in Japanese-only 1989-1993 Integra RSi and XSi models. Only the Japanese market 1997-2001 Civic features the unique B16B engine. Japanese-only B18C engines can be found in 1993-2001 Integra Si VTEC, SiR-G and Type R chassis, however, the Type R's powerplant is a markedly different, more powerful version. In North America, B16A2 and B16A3 engines were offered in the 1999-2000 Civic Si and 1994-1997 del Sol VTEC, respectively. Only the 1992-1993 Integra GS-R featured the B17A1. Finally, the B18C1 can be found in any 1994-2001 Integra GS-R and its more powerful relative, the B18C5, was available in all 1997-2001 (exclude 1999) Integra Type R.

Engine Swap Candidates: Any 1988-2000 Civic, CRX or del Sol as well as any 1990-2001 Integra. May also be transplanted into any 1984-1987 Civic or 1986-1989 Integra, however, such swaps are not nearly as prevalent.

Specs: There are four different architectures among the B-series VTEC family, the 1.6L B16A, B16A2 and B16A3; the 1.6L B16B that features a taller deck and longer stroke; the B17A1 that's nearly identical to the B16A except for its longer stroke; and the B18C, B18C1 and B18C5 that feature the same deck height as the B16B but with the most stroke of any of these. Horsepower varies significantly, with early B16A models measuring in at only 160hp and some of the final JDM-spec, 1.8L Type R versions reaching almost 200 hp. Use your brain when considering cross-pollenating engine swaps, though; dropping a 160hp B16A into an Integra Type R will never make sense.

How Much: A complete swap, including the engine, transmission, ECU and any applicable aftermarket engine mounts and axles can set you back as little as $1,500 for an early model B16A or as much as $7,000 for something more powerful and rare, like the Civic Type R's B16B.

The Good: Few engines feature the sort of aftermarket support and potential that Honda's B-series does. Even today-nearly 15 years after Honda's discontinuing the B-series platform-it remains the engine of choice for some of the most powerful Hondas in history, capable of producing in excess of 1,200hp.

The Bad: Yours won't be making 1,200hp, though. Eclipsing the 400hp mark isn't hard, but it'll cost you. A lot. The cylinders, fuel system, engine management and drivetrain must all be addressed if you care about any of it holding together.

Read more: http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1404-popular-engine-swaps/#ixzz3QMr9yFnW

Look I love and grew up with the old V-8's but even if you build one finding something to put one in is pretty god dam difficult now they are all being bought up and basterdized by rich people with bad taste.

1/30/2015 10:00:45 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

b2cold
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,540)
Bark River, MI
22, joined Mar. 2014

How bout a bad a** rat rod

1/30/2015 11:49:47 PM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

vagmasterflash
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Durand, WI
49, joined Nov. 2014
online now!

I love the farm truck. That Ole truck is bad ass.

1/31/2015 8:14:12 AM Hot rod, big block vs small blocIk  

inventtis2
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

Quote from b2cold:
How bout a bad a** rat rod

Rat rods are cool too!