Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

top rated free hookup sites

Otherwise I d concentrate on actual life meetings via hobbies/interests/faith/friends network, etc. free georgia chat rooms There are other privacy restrictions and features to enable customers keep anonymous if they are afraid of having caught. However, the idea that it bills itself as a no cost dating app is hogwash mainly because you undoubtedly have to spend funds for additional sophisticated functions. casual sex in brazil Catfishers will constantly make up excuses as to why they can t meet you, talk on the telephone or meet up on webcam.

mega personnel sign up

I felt I was obtaining attached and I can NOT permit this to come about again no matter what. hanford personals Finally, if you enjoyed finding with each other, be certain to express that ahead of you head on your way. Come up with back up program in case you have to have to modify venues for the reason that it is as well packed, loud. skout app review Our experienced hosts and well organised events make meeting men and women simple and lots of fun.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/5/2015 4:07:16 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

ol39er
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,130)
Cicero, IL
42, joined Jul. 2011

On OkCupid, one of the many questions asked of users in their surveys is if jealousy is ever healthy in a relationship. What are your thoughts about jealousy in a relationship? Is it ever healthy or beneficial? Is it harmful? Please feel free to share examples or experiences.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/5/2015 4:10:23 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
hisbaby4ever13
Ramseur, NC
32, joined Jul. 2014

Maybe...

It may show the other person that they're cared about or whatnot.

I've always felt it's not though.

2/5/2015 4:17:18 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
patriottype
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,842)
Lubbock, TX
44, joined Jul. 2013

Jealousy is normal acting stupid is not productive.

2/5/2015 4:20:29 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

lilod
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,759)
Rochelle, IL
48, joined Aug. 2012

I think that jealousy reflects insecurity or mistrust or both--neither is healthy

2/5/2015 4:26:34 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
patriottype
Lubbock, TX
44, joined Jul. 2013

If you look at other animals you can see possessive behavior....hell the higher primates are possessive of their mate's........Jealousy breeding rights play a part in some pack animals social structure and is normal behavior.....WE ARE STILL ANIMALS.

2/5/2015 4:27:03 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

okfinewhateva
Antioch, TN
48, joined Jun. 2011
online now!

I was in a marriage where she was very insecure and jealous . It killed a 12 year marriage because of it . These days , I will never marry again and any sign of controlling or jealousy means I WILL dump her . Zero tolerance for that crap.

2/5/2015 4:27:49 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
idliketotalk
Punxsutawney, PA
52, joined Oct. 2013

Perhaps in small doses it's ok but only in small doses.

In can be an eye opener for sure.

2/5/2015 4:28:05 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

wnts2byrs
Over 1,000 Posts (1,276)
Conway, AR
42, joined Oct. 2014

"Jealousy in relationships is actually quite normal. A little jealousy is one way of showing how much we love our significant other. On the other hand, however, too much jealousy signifies a lack of trust in our partner and may break a happy union."

~ Author Unknown

2/5/2015 4:28:27 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
patriottype
Lubbock, TX
44, joined Jul. 2013

If all the females in the wolf pack bred and not just the alpha female it would be a bad thing.....for the pack.

2/5/2015 4:32:36 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
patriottype
Lubbock, TX
44, joined Jul. 2013

I have been with extremely jealous women maybe it wasn't so bad because I am a dominate man.

2/5/2015 4:34:17 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
lookin4him2012
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,599)
Boone, NC
46, joined Jan. 2012

Good jealousy: dating someone who you are both madly in love with one another and at times, like once in a blue moon, someone will flirt with one of you in the other's presence and you go back home and have mad passionate sex because of it turned you on to see someone else want your gal/guy - then it's okay and can draw a couple even closer and can be fun.

Bad jealousy: when you date a girl who gets on you all the time (like daily) because they think you think every girl you see in magazines, on t.v., out in public are all better looking than her then you need to run fast! You don't need that kind of jealousy in your life. It's not good.

2/5/2015 4:43:05 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

lilod
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,759)
Rochelle, IL
48, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from lookin4him2012:
Good jealousy: dating someone who you are both madly in love with one another and at times, like once in a blue moon, someone will flirt with one of you in the other's presence and you go back home and have mad passionate sex because of it turned you on to see someone else want your gal/guy - then it's okay and can draw a couple even closer and can be fun.

How is that jealousy at all?

2/5/2015 4:46:37 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
patriottype
Lubbock, TX
44, joined Jul. 2013

Jealous women give their man sex whenever he wants it. So you take the good with the bad.

2/5/2015 4:57:00 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

ibane
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,865)
Zanesville, OH
43, joined Feb. 2014

Its a fantastic idea....if she wants me to dump her.
Would be easier for both of us if she just dumped me.

No. The answer is no.

2/5/2015 5:04:48 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

CuseGuyJ
Over 1,000 Posts (1,342)
Syracuse, NY
44, joined Nov. 2014

I've never really been the jealous type.

I did get jealous once, about ten years ago.

Was at beach with my smoking hot amply breasted girlfriend.

A guy was hitting on her right in front of me (they were about ten feet away).

We had a discussion about respect in public after that.

But usually I don't get jealous.

If she's gonna leave, she's gonna leave. You can't make her stay, and getting all worked up over something you truly can't control is stupid in my opinion.

2/5/2015 5:06:56 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

ol39er
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,130)
Cicero, IL
42, joined Jul. 2011

My definition of jealousy is an unreasonable or unfounded fear of one's significant other cheating. That is unhealthy. Now if that significant other behaved in a way that looked legitimately suspicious, that, in my opinion is not jealousy. That is being concerned and is normal and justified.

2/5/2015 5:08:24 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

plantkeeper
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,864)
Alexandria, VA
51, joined Apr. 2011

It's healthy in moderation..

2/5/2015 5:08:36 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

txrose64
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,519)
Pearland, TX
50, joined Jan. 2013

a wasted emotion.

lay all your love on me baby, don't waste it on misplaced jealousy, yah know?

I don't think it's healthy no.

2/5/2015 5:09:51 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

jester0011
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,137)
Lake Waccamaw, NC
47, joined Jun. 2014

this is a great thread.u know a lot in here are jealouse over me.

2/5/2015 5:17:10 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (32,643)
Henderson, NV
56, joined May. 2009

I don't think it's healthy at all.

But, I have to say that once, my date and I were at a bar. I went in first because he was parking the car. A man stopped to talk to me and flirt and my bf walked in at that point and put his hand on my the small of my back and led me away. I have to admit it gave me a bit of a thrill that he showed "possession" like that. (Any more, and I'd have been quite upset, though.) I guess I'm saying that he didn't say anything to the guy, didn't start anything, and didn't even think another thing about it again, so it wasn't really a display of jealousy, it was just letting the guy know I was taken.

I have done the same thing with my bf. The subtle resting of my hand on his shoulder. Moving closer in to him. It's not jealousy, I'm just using body language to let another woman know he's not available.

The thing is, though, that if he wants to be available, nothing I do will prevent that.

I like the connectedness it portrays, so if you call that jealousy--good jealousy--then so be it. It feels good to me that he publicly displays his intent towards me, that he claims me, so to speak. But doing anything more than that? Would send me running because it throws up all sorts of red flags.

2/5/2015 5:21:30 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

ibane
Zanesville, OH
43, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from lovethelake17:
I don't think it's healthy at all.

But, I have to say that once, my date and I were at a bar. I went in first because he was parking the car. A man stopped to talk to me and flirt and my bf walked in at that point and put his hand on my the small of my back and led me away. I have to admit it gave me a bit of a thrill that he showed "possession" like that. (Any more, and I'd have been quite upset, though.) I guess I'm saying that he didn't say anything to the guy, didn't start anything, and didn't even think another thing about it again, so it wasn't really a display of jealousy, it was just letting the guy know I was taken.

I have done the same thing with my bf. The subtle resting of my hand on his shoulder. Moving closer in to him. It's not jealousy, I'm just using body language to let another woman know he's not available.

The thing is, though, that if he wants to be available, nothing I do will prevent that.

I like the connectedness it portrays, so if you call that jealousy--good jealousy--then so be it. It feels good to me that he publicly displays his intent towards me, that he claims me, so to speak. But doing anything more than that? Would send me running because it throws up all sorts of red flags.

.....that's called being a couple.
Some may call it healthy jealousy. ..I would call it "This is how it's spose to be "

2/5/2015 5:24:30 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

I think in small doses it's healthy....it becomes unhealthy when it turns into an obsession...also it can be unhealthy in the way it's expressed....

Healthy = discussing it with your partner
unhealthy = punching every woman out who looks at your partner...

2/5/2015 5:25:12 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

txrose64
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,519)
Pearland, TX
50, joined Jan. 2013

Lake that's just your "his" my guy does that too..it's if he was mad at YOU that ..that guy came over to you and withheld love/affection or y'all had a fight over it because of his insecurity (jealousy) that's different. That's the good stuff

2/5/2015 5:27:59 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

esmeraldar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,084)
Toms River, NJ
66, joined Jan. 2009

Wayne Dyer said that jealousy is a useless emotion and I tend to agree with him.
That said, I think experiencing a little jealousy now and then is a normal human reaction. But if you truly trust your partner you will not let jealousy consume you.

2/5/2015 5:43:01 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

keyboardkat
Over 2,000 Posts (3,740)
Oklahoma City, OK
40, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from esmeraldar:
Wayne Dyer said that jealousy is a useless emotion and I tend to agree with him.
That said, I think experiencing a little jealousy now and then is a normal human reaction. But if you truly trust your partner you will not let jealousy consume you.

Don't listen to that three marriage having loser.He was trying to get some on the side,his wife found out and dumped him.
That's why he says jealousy is a useless emotion.She got jealous. Not the fact he was sneaking around,or trying to.

I like how lake said it.

2/5/2015 5:48:59 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
patriottype
Lubbock, TX
44, joined Jul. 2013

A woman I didn't notice was looking at me and walking toward me and a woman I used to date.....before she could open her mouth the girl I was with told her Don't look at my man I will beat your ass!!!.......I was surprised and speechless.

2/5/2015 5:50:41 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
patriottype
Lubbock, TX
44, joined Jul. 2013

Whats funny is how jealousy effects smart people as well as dumb.

2/5/2015 5:51:44 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

ladiebugg55
Over 2,000 Posts (2,573)
Redding, CA
79, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from ol39er:
On OkCupid, one of the many questions asked of users in their surveys is if jealousy is ever healthy in a relationship. What are your thoughts about jealousy in a relationship? Is it ever healthy or beneficial? Is it harmful? Please feel free to share examples or experiences.

No!..I detest jealousy..it's an ugly emotion that shows insecurity..I won't tolerate it in my life at all..

2/5/2015 5:52:14 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

esmeraldar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,084)
Toms River, NJ
66, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from keyboardkat:
Don't listen to that three marriage having loser.He was trying to get some on the side,his wife found out and dumped him.
That's why he says jealousy is a useless emotion.She got jealous. Not the fact he was sneaking around,or trying to.

I like how lake said it.

Despite the troubles that the man might have had with his personal life some of the things he said make a lot of sense. I think that all but the most secure of us have felt jealousy from time to time. I know that men are going to look at and maybe flirt with other women. And women will do the same with other men. But constantly worrying that your partner is going to cheat with no good reason is bound to ruin your relationship.

2/5/2015 5:54:09 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

kingslayer99
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,201)
Arlington, TN
50, joined Oct. 2014

from patriottype:]If you look at other animals you can see possessive behavior....hell the higher primates are possessive of their mate's........Jealousy breeding rights play a part in some pack animals social structure and is normal behavior.....WE ARE STILL ANIMALS. "

I agree it's normal to a point!

2/5/2015 5:56:38 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

browneyz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,814)
San Diego, CA
58, joined Jan. 2008

I feel the emotion, but don't act on it. I act cool. Not sure if that is healthy.

2/5/2015 6:08:06 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
miscbyproduct
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,793)
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
18, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from esmeraldar:
But constantly worrying that your partner is going to cheat with no good reason is bound to ruin your relationship.

whether good reason or not
got to worry like that
time to part way cause ATLEAST 1 OF THEM is f'd up

2/5/2015 6:22:15 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

stanleyzee
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,000)
Dayton, OH
30, joined Dec. 2012
online now!

2/5/2015 6:32:26 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

chris_90352
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,395)
Sykesville, MD
41, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ol39er:
Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?

YES.

Not only is jealousy healthy, it is vital to survival.

If jealousy weren't a vital tool for survival, it wouldn't be the highly-tuned instinct programmed into virtually every healthy carnivorous or omnivorous mammal to have ever lived over the last few million years.

It's not just a human instinct: dogs get jealous, cats get jealous, a variety of mammals get jealous.

In times when resources are scarce, the instinct of jealousy has sparked the aggressive competition required to obtain what is required for survival and flourish long enough to pass the vital skill of using jealousy to your best advantage on to your offspring.

All those who lacked the jealousy needed for survival have been bred out of our population long before we ever even became recognizably human, and thus the road toward humanity is littered with the corpses of generous proto-humans who have neglected themselves and their children to death while the things they needed to survive were within arm's-reach in the hands of competitors who might have been even less fit to survive, except they chanced upon those resources first, or better yet saw them, coveted them, and stole them from even less fit competitors.

Jealousy! It is a gift from God!

Along, of course, with the distinctly human capacity for the insight of recognizing jealousy, and being able to suppress it when a glance at the bigger picture reveals those circumstances when jealousy would serve only to harm us when more useful alternatives are at our disposal.

[Edited 2/5/2015 6:33:24 PM ]

2/5/2015 6:36:38 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

renee398
Chilhowie, VA
36, joined Jan. 2015

A little jealousy is. Normal but to much is unhealthy. It ruins lives and can make you become someone crazy and off their rocker.

2/5/2015 7:21:10 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

fishnthec
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,367)
Mesquite, TX
63, joined Oct. 2010

I think it is possible to envy people without being jealous of them.

I'd rather her be a bit jealous that not at all!

If I ever become jealous, I'll just say, "I'm Jealous" in a humorous way of course.

2/5/2015 7:27:18 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

ibane
Zanesville, OH
43, joined Feb. 2014

Its enough to ruin a relationship.

If ur doin it...u know its not healthy. ...u say it to urself cuz u say it to them too.."I'm sorry , im jealous ..I know I shouldn't be...but I am".

Then stop dammit

2/5/2015 7:30:40 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from fishnthec:
I think it is possible to envy people without being jealous of them.

I'd rather her be a bit jealous that not at all!

If I ever become jealous, I'll just say, "I'm Jealous" in a humorous way of course.

I think that's probably the best way to handle it...if you can both laugh about it...that's good...im gonna take a page from your book and do the same...should i feel that way again...

2/5/2015 8:34:51 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

naturebiy
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,692)
Mc Kenzie, TN
39, joined Jul. 2011

What is worse than having a jealous feeling?

Feeling that there will be a repercussion for expressing that feeling to your mate in a healthy manner, and what you say being over analyzed...and harsh criticism being cast on you.

This is all primed to condition people to fear expressing feeling or emotions..

People allow stuff to build on the inside, and it creates a boiling point.

2/5/2015 8:49:19 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

luxorus
Over 2,000 Posts (3,911)
Seneca Castle, NY
36, joined Apr. 2014

Never, except maybe in HS

2/5/2015 8:51:01 PM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from naturebiy:
What is worse than having a jealous feeling?

Feeling that there will be a repercussion for expressing that feeling to your mate in a healthy manner, and what you say being over analyzed...and harsh criticism being cast on you.

This is all primed to condition people to fear expressing feeling or emotions..

People allow stuff to build on the inside, and it creates a boiling point.[/quote

Exactly...it should always be safe to express your feelings to each other...

2/6/2015 12:13:23 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

eyesofmedusa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (28,720)
San Antonio, TX
50, joined Jun. 2012

Sorry...

I don't do.it..

Don't allow it....and won't deal with it....

Gateway emotion ....leads to.some ugly mess...

2/6/2015 12:14:32 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

jackscamaro
Over 2,000 Posts (2,179)
New York, NY
46, joined Mar. 2014

Jealousy is pathetic.

2/6/2015 12:15:33 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

I'm jealous of those fancy sunglasses....

2/6/2015 12:17:36 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

acdmv
Over 2,000 Posts (2,484)
Scarsdale, NY
47, joined Aug. 2014

Nope....Never...

One's jealousy of another in a relationship ends up in the jealous one trying to hold the other person down...or even set him/her back in life...

In many ways, bring the other down to his/her level..

2/6/2015 12:20:01 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

tasty_taters2
Springfield, IL
36, joined Jan. 2015

I have to agree with CHRIS

it's NORMAL, and instinctive ....but too much is definitely a bad thing....

if people didn't get a little bit jealous it would show that they didn't really have feeling for you

2/6/2015 12:24:12 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
miscbyproduct
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
18, joined Apr. 2012

or just ain't going to go through it

2/6/2015 12:25:06 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

Mis...im jealous that you're only 18....

2/6/2015 12:26:25 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

luxorus
Over 2,000 Posts (3,911)
Seneca Castle, NY
36, joined Apr. 2014

Ya, you're worth some alpacas instead of sheep

2/6/2015 12:27:06 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

Im not sure if i wanna know what an alpaca is....

2/6/2015 12:27:54 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
miscbyproduct
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
18, joined Apr. 2012

i am fairly sure i could be btibed to tell me secret
though i don't have a clue what/how much it'd cost ya

[Edited 2/6/2015 12:29:06 AM ]

2/6/2015 12:28:18 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
miscbyproduct
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
18, joined Apr. 2012

flirty
kinda like a llama

2/6/2015 12:29:33 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

Ok...wellllll you just do up the bill...i think there's some sheep left over...now spill....

My dad just happens to have a herd of those too..it's your lucky day....

[Edited 2/6/2015 12:30:28 AM ]

2/6/2015 12:35:10 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

eyesofmedusa
San Antonio, TX
50, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from tasty_taters2:
I have to agree with CHRIS

it's NORMAL, and instinctive ....but too much is definitely a bad thing....

if people didn't get a little bit jealous it would show that they didn't really have feeling for you

2/6/2015 12:36:06 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
miscbyproduct
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
18, joined Apr. 2012

nahhhhh

sheep stink to much

chatting

2/6/2015 12:38:25 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
miscbyproduct
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
18, joined Apr. 2012

i got to many scars over women being to nice to tell some guy to get lost

i'll get jealous,
but i'll jes tell I'm leaving.

she can ride or not

2/6/2015 12:44:51 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

eyesofmedusa
San Antonio, TX
50, joined Jun. 2012

Srry...damn phone.

How is being secure in our love...in your.love for me...so.much so....that.jealousy has no.room in.it.....mean I don't feel for you ?

If I even feel a twinge of that sht...I.know something is wrong in Whoville...

Only insecurity breeds jealousy,...

And why wld I be or want a man that likes for.me to be a "little" jealous ?

2/6/2015 12:46:47 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

Does she get to ride on the llama mis?...

2/6/2015 12:52:02 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  
miscbyproduct
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom
18, joined Apr. 2012

could easily be her only choice

ppl get hurt and sometimes killed over that shit
i ain't gonna play

[Edited 2/6/2015 12:52:47 AM ]

2/6/2015 12:54:10 AM Is Jealousy Ever Healthy?  

im2thexy
Over 2,000 Posts (2,010)
Belleville, ON
47, joined Dec. 2014

Welllll the best way to handle that is to say.."Hunny are ya ready to go?"...then say you were a bit jealous...have a laugh over it and it's done...then take off on the llama...