Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

is rubmaps legit

You need to have to figure out the distinction between the compromises that will maintain you up at evening and the locations exactly where you can stretch to accommodate a various perspective, says Lin. gay columbia md This may possibly sound like a regular query but asking about herhobbiesnot only offers you an notion of the types of points she likes, and it can also assist you see if you both share the identical interests. At EliteSingles, we can support you obtain a compatible partner from Europe for a significant connection. nyc listcrawler Considering of asking her to be my girlfriend this weekend and also have box of chocolates to give her for Halloween? Plus, Brits reveal how to have the best first date such as acquiring three drinks and complementing your companion twice.

megapersonnals

Travertine Pool Coping / Stair Treads Travertine pool coping is ideal for the edges of a pool and as stair treads. bhm hookup sites I speedily agreed and sent him my private e mail and phone quantity. That s why the vacation query is a wonderful way in. speed dating ashland oregon The girl rocked a fully sheer dress without the need of a bra — and later remarked that her only regret was not wearing a bedazzled thong to match.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/26/2015 7:09:44 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

lovesintimacy
Eugene, OR
47, joined Mar. 2015

I'm getting back into walking I was what would be a good pace to start out at

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/26/2015 8:57:22 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

dixie_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,762)
Kansas City, KS
28, joined Feb. 2013

As fast as you comfortably can

3/26/2015 9:01:53 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

lovesintimacy
Eugene, OR
47, joined Mar. 2015

sounds good to me

3/28/2015 4:20:42 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

cjsassy72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,713)
Berthoud, CO
44, joined Sep. 2014

Aim for 4 to 6 power walks a week. Beginners should strive to stride for 20 to 30 minutes. More experienced walkers can step it up to 45- or even 60-minute sessions (when time allows). As a rule of thumb, increase your workout time by 10 percent a week. So if you're currently walking 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week, then you should add only 12 minutes to your total weekly walking time the first week you increase. Remember that your workout time includes a few minutes to warm up and a few minutes to cool down and stretch.

It's super easy to walk off extra weight if you start walking the right way. Here's how to transform your everyday stroll into a fat-blasting, muscle-toning stride.

Roll heel, ball, toe
Tell most women to pick up the pace, and they will immediately lengthen their strides. But long strides are actually less efficient and more tiring than quick heel-ball-toe steps. To perform the proper quick-step stride, concentrate on landing on your heels, rolling through your instep, then propelling yourself with a push off your toes. You'll be surprised at how fast these little steps can be.
Hold your head high. While it's important to watch where you're going, you don't want your head to hang down toward your feet. Raise your chin up and look about 10 feet ahead of you. This will give you plenty of peripheral vision to see the sidewalk below yet still keep your neck and head in picture-perfect posture.

Swing your fists
Instead of letting your arms hang down loosely by your sides, bend your elbows 90 degrees, close your hands in relaxed fists, and swing them in an arc from your waist to your chest, keeping them close to your body. By swinging your arms, you'll walk faster, burn more calories, build upper-body strength, and keep your fingers from swelling the way they often do after you've walked for a while.

Zip up
For a stronger stride, suck your abdominal muscles in and up like you're zipping a snug pair of jeans. Contracting your abs not only helps tone your tummy, but also supports your spine so that you maintain proper posture while you walk.

Tighten your butt
Your glute muscles are the engine that puts power in your stride. Make these muscles work even better by keeping them active as you exercise. Hold your butt muscles taut and contracted as you walk by pretending to squeeze a dollar bill between them (it's silly, but it works) as you walk. As a bonus, your glutes will get firmer faster.

Pretend you're late
If you're still not sure how fast you should be walking, here's a quick, measurement-free way to remember. Pick up your pace to the point where you're just about ready to break into a jog. That's about where you want to hover for most of your walk. Your pace should feel as it would if you were running late for an important appointment.

Add intervals
If you can't quite sustain the speedy pace you'd like, add intervals to your workouts; it's the fastest way to get quicker and fitter. Although the term sounds intimidating, "interval training" means nothing more than adding quick bursts of speed to your workout. Do this on just 2 nonconsecutive days a week (walk at your usual pace on the other days) and you'll burn mega-calories as well as increase your walking speed. Here are a few 30-minute interval sessions to try. For all interval sessions, judge your exertion on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being standing still and 10 being on the verge of exhaustion.

Classic Pyramid: This simple interval session gradually builds in intensity to a peak, then eases back down.

Pace Time (Minutes) Exertion (1 to 10)
Warm-up 5 5
Typical 5 6
Brisker than usual 4 7
Fastest possible 2 8
Brisker than usual 4 7
Typical 5 6
Cool-down 5 5

Peaks and Valleys: This workout combines big blasts of speed with slower recovery breaks.

Warm-up 5 5
Typical 3 6
Fastest possible 2 8
Typical 3 6
Fastest possible 3 8
Typical 4 6
Cool-down 5 5

Crazy 8: This workout is a fun mishmash of moderate- to high-intensity intervals.

Pace Time (Minutes) Exertion (1 to10)
Warm-up 5 5
Brisker than usual 8 7
Typical 4 6
Brisker than usual 4 7
Fastest possible 2 8
Typical 2 6
Cool-down 5 5

4/10/2015 5:00:42 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  
Champaree
Over 2,000 Posts (2,513)
Australian Capital
Australia
86, joined Jan. 2015

Thank you, jbsassy , ..... I don't knwo how I ended up here.. but.. I did learn a couple of thigns... specially this >>>> :"Roll heel, ball, toe
Tell most women to pick up the pace, and they will immediately lengthen their strides. But long strides are actually less efficient and more tiring than quick heel-ball-toe steps. .."

4/10/2015 8:12:19 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,992)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

at my age, 15 min. per mile is good for me.

6/29/2015 11:59:19 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
64, joined Dec. 2013

I walk on treadmill. I usually set on 2.2 with incline of 1 . Its brisk for me, I am 5ft tall

6/29/2015 12:27:58 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

dixie_dancer
Kansas City, KS
28, joined Feb. 2013

That's over 27 minutes a mile.

That's not all that brisk

6/29/2015 6:25:09 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
64, joined Dec. 2013

It is on oxygen. I carry a 15 pound tankI do everything with supervision.

[Edited 6/29/2015 6:26:11 PM ]

6/29/2015 6:43:55 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
64, joined Dec. 2013

Quote from janet5360:
I walk on treadmill. I usually set on 2.2 with incline of 1 . Its brisk for me, I am 5ft tall
Just to be clear I wanted to make sure that I said it is brisk for me. I have a tumor in my right lung and do the best I can. I use a combivent inhaler as needed and require pain medication at times.

6/29/2015 11:02:05 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

dixie_dancer
Kansas City, KS
28, joined Feb. 2013

I wish I had an oxygen tank. I struggle exercising outside in the hot weather and high humidity. I always feel like I'm short of breath.

6/30/2015 2:15:34 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
64, joined Dec. 2013

I cant go outside if humid or if temp falls below 35 degrees. Both give me lung spasms. I do deep breathing exercises to try to get volume and air in lung base.

6/30/2015 11:47:13 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

albyak
Over 2,000 Posts (3,258)
Parrott, GA
67, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from dixie_dancer:
I wish I had an oxygen tank. I struggle exercising outside in the hot weather and high humidity. I always feel like I'm short of breath.

Have an Oxygen Generator, but must admit more to keep wild shiner's extra healthy for bass fishing and occasionally for a quick hangover remedy

No home treadmill or would at least try it that way....this is the second generator picked up at garage sales, keep your eye open, they even make portable battery operated ones

7/4/2015 4:58:03 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

anjonz1
Freeport, NY
54, joined Nov. 2007

Just a steady, brisk pace. Not too fast, whatever you can do without feeling s.o.b. is best.

[Edited 7/4/2015 5:01:33 PM ]

7/6/2015 5:45:37 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

janet5360
Pittsburgh, PA
64, joined Dec. 2013

Oxygen does nothing to help the healthy lung unless you are in high altitude. If you have lung conditions such as COPD it can be dangerous to use without prescription as it causes increase in carbon monoxide and with copd is not expelled properly.

7/20/2015 9:40:18 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

gamerman17
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,552)
New York, NY
30, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from cjsassy72:
Aim for 4 to 6 power walks a week. Beginners should strive to stride for 20 to 30 minutes. More experienced walkers can step it up to 45- or even 60-minute sessions (when time allows). As a rule of thumb, increase your workout time by 10 percent a week. So if you're currently walking 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week, then you should add only 12 minutes to your total weekly walking time the first week you increase. Remember that your workout time includes a few minutes to warm up and a few minutes to cool down and stretch.

It's super easy to walk off extra weight if you start walking the right way. Here's how to transform your everyday stroll into a fat-blasting, muscle-toning stride.

Roll heel, ball, toe
Tell most women to pick up the pace, and they will immediately lengthen their strides. But long strides are actually less efficient and more tiring than quick heel-ball-toe steps. To perform the proper quick-step stride, concentrate on landing on your heels, rolling through your instep, then propelling yourself with a push off your toes. You'll be surprised at how fast these little steps can be.
Hold your head high. While it's important to watch where you're going, you don't want your head to hang down toward your feet. Raise your chin up and look about 10 feet ahead of you. This will give you plenty of peripheral vision to see the sidewalk below yet still keep your neck and head in picture-perfect posture.

Swing your fists
Instead of letting your arms hang down loosely by your sides, bend your elbows 90 degrees, close your hands in relaxed fists, and swing them in an arc from your waist to your chest, keeping them close to your body. By swinging your arms, you'll walk faster, burn more calories, build upper-body strength, and keep your fingers from swelling the way they often do after you've walked for a while.

Zip up
For a stronger stride, suck your abdominal muscles in and up like you're zipping a snug pair of jeans. Contracting your abs not only helps tone your tummy, but also supports your spine so that you maintain proper posture while you walk.

Tighten your butt
Your glute muscles are the engine that puts power in your stride. Make these muscles work even better by keeping them active as you exercise. Hold your butt muscles taut and contracted as you walk by pretending to squeeze a dollar bill between them (it's silly, but it works) as you walk. As a bonus, your glutes will get firmer faster.

Pretend you're late
If you're still not sure how fast you should be walking, here's a quick, measurement-free way to remember. Pick up your pace to the point where you're just about ready to break into a jog. That's about where you want to hover for most of your walk. Your pace should feel as it would if you were running late for an important appointment.

Add intervals
If you can't quite sustain the speedy pace you'd like, add intervals to your workouts; it's the fastest way to get quicker and fitter. Although the term sounds intimidating, "interval training" means nothing more than adding quick bursts of speed to your workout. Do this on just 2 nonconsecutive days a week (walk at your usual pace on the other days) and you'll burn mega-calories as well as increase your walking speed. Here are a few 30-minute interval sessions to try. For all interval sessions, judge your exertion on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being standing still and 10 being on the verge of exhaustion.

Classic Pyramid: This simple interval session gradually builds in intensity to a peak, then eases back down.

Warm-up 5 5
Typical 5 6
Brisker than usual 4 7
Fastest possible 2 8
Brisker than usual 4 7
Typical 5 6
Cool-down 5 5

Peaks and Valleys: This workout combines big blasts of speed with slower recovery breaks.

Warm-up 5 5
Typical 3 6
Fastest possible 2 8
Typical 3 6
Fastest possible 3 8
Typical 4 6
Cool-down 5 5

Crazy 8: This workout is a fun mishmash of moderate- to high-intensity intervals.

Pace Time (Minutes) Exertion (1 to10)
Warm-up 5 5
Brisker than usual 8 7
Typical 4 6
Brisker than usual 4 7
Fastest possible 2 8
Typical 2 6
Cool-down 5 5

I was goung to post something similar, but this pretty much states it perfectly.....gamer

7/27/2015 9:27:44 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

aimtopleaseguy
Rialto, CA
54, joined Aug. 2012

Hi everyone. Me, I am just getting back into it again after a layoff. My treadmill
routine will be a Interval session where I walk 1 minute at 3 MPH at a 10 % grade.
Then another 1 minute at 3.5 MPH, then I go to a 30 second run at 5 MPH at a 20 %
grade, then 30 seconds at 5.5 MPH at a 2.5 Grade. Then a 30 seconds at 6 MPH at a 3.0
Grade, and a 30 seconds at 6.5 MPH with a 4.0 grade, and then go back down to my walking
speeds, and repeat this a total of 5 times ( 20 ) Minutes. I figure that is a good Interval
session for me, and given my just getting back and my age

7/28/2015 10:10:11 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

dixie_dancer
Kansas City, KS
28, joined Feb. 2013

My mom is 58. She woke up one morning and decided she was going to run a 10k with my sister and I and started running intervals around the block, without previously working out or running.

Don't underestimate your body's capabilities.

7/28/2015 10:14:38 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,992)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

for me, us older folks, walking is not so much for losing weight, it is more for maintaining mobility.

12/4/2015 8:27:08 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

nicefitguy
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,313)
King of Prussia, PA
47, joined Nov. 2007

Any speed faster then a turtle.

4/5/2016 12:24:16 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,726)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
59, joined May. 2011

Quote from dixie_dancer:

I agree with this. Go as fast as you comfortably can when you start out and with diligence and application you'll be amazed at how this pace increases and you enjoy the physiological superiority of becoming substantially fitter. Regularity, persistence and a personal policy of continual improvement are key factors in hitting the heights of whatever you're capable of.

5/12/2016 7:32:35 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,238)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

I have found that walking on both feet is best.

8/27/2016 10:03:43 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

8/27/2016 10:20:02 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  
diamondgirl666
Björneborg
Sweden
88, joined May. 2010

fast as possibly

12/20/2016 1:25:08 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  
summerflower__1
San Leandro, CA
31, joined Nov. 2016

Whatever pace is comfortable for you.

2/1/2017 1:16:59 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  

hello_bad_kitti
Milwaukee, WI
51, joined May. 2013

You should be able to hold a convo while walking.Not gasping for air.

3/19/2017 1:09:36 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  
thebigugly0
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,990)
Kent, OH
46, joined Sep. 2012

Caress???

4/5/2017 6:17:48 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  
korbyn
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (29,429)
Bat Cave, NC
98, joined Jun. 2013

I haven't posted much today because someone from Forumsauce came to my house to beat me up.

4/5/2017 7:27:07 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

I hope you peppered their a** with salt shot, at least.

4/23/2017 5:22:34 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Outside

4/24/2017 7:39:07 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

5/25/2017 7:23:36 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Regular gait

6/24/2017 7:04:19 AM What is a good pace to walk at?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

6/24/2017 3:25:16 PM What is a good pace to walk at?  

illan615
Over 1,000 Posts (1,416)
Holland, MI
55, joined Oct. 2012
online now!

Quote from dixie_dancer:

^^^This. Just getting out and moving is a good pace. I love to window shop.. go to the mall. I can spend hours walking through the mall. I also have a beautiful nature walk just down the road. I don't focus on speed.. just enjoyment.

(btw.. I hate exercising.. so this is my way to incorporate it.)